Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 07-01-2016

(07-01-2016, 08:57 PM)achroma Wrote: "So much for answers. I saw you and these anomalies leave after the bar incident. As for how I got this information, I can't tell you, it's highly confidential. Now tell me about the anomalies. And did you hear about the library robbery? I heard the criminal  stole some records from pre calamity."
*sol tears the pictures fine shreds*

"You stole it, didn't you? I heard something about a Kineptic matching your description when I checked the news feed on the way here. And yes, I'm bargaining that robbery was also you. Just a wild guess."
Umbra takes a sip of his coffee and checks his claws the way someone would check their nails. The ends are filed down to form dull tips as opposed to pointed ones.
"You should probably take your own advice. On not playing dumb, that is. The more honest you are, the faster this'll go."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Rahizel - 07-01-2016

(07-01-2016, 09:42 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(07-01-2016, 08:57 PM)achroma Wrote: "So much for answers. I saw you and these anomalies leave after the bar incident. As for how I got this information, I can't tell you, it's highly confidential. Now tell me about the anomalies. And did you hear about the library robbery? I heard the criminal  stole some records from pre calamity."

"You stole it, didn't you? I heard something about a Kineptic matching your description when I checked the news feed on the way here. And yes, I'm bargaining that robbery was also you. Just a wild guess."
Umbra takes a sip of his coffee and checks his claws the way someone would check their nails. The ends are filed down to form dull tips as opposed to pointed ones.
"You should probably take your own advice. On not playing dumb, that is. The more honest you are, the faster this'll go."
// curious as to what kind of commotion someone strangling another brings, previous post

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 07-01-2016

(07-01-2016, 09:42 PM)Umbra Wrote:

"I didn't steal it, I simply made copies of said documents. and for The library... I didn't break in, I had someone else do that for me.
*the kineptic brushes the paper to the ground and scatters it with a kick*
"Now stop dodging the question, tell me about the anomalies before a considerable amount of blackmail about you goes public. I probably won't, trying to keep a clean slate. And no, I don't pose a considerable health risk to you."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 07-01-2016

//Threats of slander and blackmail are actually just as illegal as actually doing them you know right Achroma? Any citizen or bystandaer at this point including Umbra could put you under arrest now.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 07-01-2016

(07-01-2016, 10:52 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: //Threats of slander and blackmail are actually just as illegal as actually doing them you know right Achroma?  Any citizen or bystandaer at this point including Umbra could put you under arrest now.

//good to know. I'm going to now view some more laws.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 07-01-2016

(07-01-2016, 10:27 PM)Rahizel Wrote: // curious as to what kind of commotion someone strangling another brings, previous post

// right, right, sorry.

One of the medical staff starts trying to relieve any harm that was caused by the strangling.
Another addresses the captain. "Is everything all right, sir?..."

(07-01-2016, 10:30 PM)achroma Wrote: "I didn't steal it, I simply made copies of said documents. and for The library... I didn't break in, I had someone else do that for me.
"Now stop dodging the question, tell me about the anomalies before a considerable amount of blackmail about you goes public. I probably won't, trying to keep a clean slate. And no, I don't pose a considerable health risk to you."

"...See, there's several things wrong with everything you just said."
Umbra switches which foot is on top of the other.
"Firstly, I can't. What I do know about me is strictly confidential. I think I already said that."
He takes another sip of his coffee before continuing.
"Secondly, thank you for admitting you were behind that robbery and that you stole records."
Umbra then gets the attention of a nearby security guard.
"Third, I'm fairly sure there isn't even anything you could use as blackmail. My slate is clean, and what you do know is already known by almost everyone thanks to media coverage."
He flashes his badge and gestures with a thumb towards Sol. He then whispers something and the guard nods and walks away.
"Fourth, blackmail is also a crime. It's not as bad as robbery, which you already did, but it's just another reason to get arrested."
Umbra stands up and rolls his shoulders a little.
"You're pretty new to this whole 'criminal' thing, aren't you?... So, will you come along quietly or do I have to take you in by force? I'd prefer the first thing, since the only thing you'll have to go to court over is stealing from the library."
The nearby security guard starts moving people away from the area.

That probably couldn't have gone worse.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 07-02-2016

(07-01-2016, 11:48 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(07-01-2016, 10:27 PM)Rahizel Wrote: // curious as to what kind of commotion someone strangling another brings, previous post

// right, right, sorry.

One of the medical staff starts trying to relieve any harm that was caused by the strangling.

(07-01-2016, 10:30 PM)achroma Wrote: "I didn't steal it, I simply made copies of said documents. and for The library... I didn't break in, I had someone else do that for me.

"Firstly, I can't. What I do know about me is strictly confidential. I think I already said that."
"Secondly, thank you for admitting you were behind that robbery and that you stole records."
"Third, I'm fairly sure there isn't even anything you could use as blackmail. My slate is clean, and what you do know is already known by almost everyone thanks to media coverage."
He flashes his badge and gestures with a thumb towards Sol. He then whispers something and the guard nods and walks away.
"Fourth, blackmail is also a crime. It's not as bad as robbery, which you already did, but it's just another reason to get arrested."
"You're pretty new to this whole 'criminal' thing, aren't you?... So, will you come along quietly or do I have to take you in by force? I'd prefer the first thing, since the only thing you'll have to go to court over is stealing from the library."

*sol seems angry, and not surprised and breaks into a slow clap*
"I have nothing left to loose. Well except the book... But otherwise you deserve a raise. The best way to lie is to tell the truth. A very carefully edited one. I'll go in peace, just let me finish this*
*sol pulls out a book from a sactcel and begins to quitely chant*
"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 07-02-2016

(07-02-2016, 01:21 AM)achroma Wrote: *sol seems angry, and not surprised and breaks into a slow clap*
"I have nothing left to loose. Well except the book... But otherwise you deserve a raise. The best way to lie is to tell the truth. A very carefully edited one. I'll go in peace, just let me finish this*
"

"...I can hear that, you know. You mean this book, right?"
Umbra tries to lift the book out of Sol's hands.

(07-02-2016, 02:02 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(07-02-2016, 01:21 AM)achroma Wrote: *sol seems angry, and not surprised and breaks into a slow clap*
"

"...I can hear that, you know. You mean this book, right?"
Umbra tries to lift the book out of Sol's hands.
*sol finishes before letting go and a vantablack scythe clatters to the ground*
"I would be careful with that book. Only one copy like it. Don't ruin it"
*the book colorless with a black jagged S on the cover. Sol holds out his hands, awaiting arrest*
"Well, I did a crime, and I intend to do the crime."

Quote:*sol finishes before letting go and a vantablack scythe clatters to the ground*
*the book colorless with a black jagged S on the cover. Sol holds out his hands, awaiting arrest*

"Right... Two questions. What's the scythe for, and don't you mean 'do the time?'"

(07-02-2016, 02:34 AM)Umbra Wrote: *sol finishes before letting go and a vantablack scythe clatters to the ground*

"Right... Two questions. What's the scythe for, and don't you mean 'do the time?'"
[/quote]

"I don't even know, I was just reading the book, I meant what I said and I do intend to serve my time. You ask too many questions for a person who refuses to give answers."
*One of the older more damaged statues share the same symbol on its pedestal as the book*

(07-02-2016, 02:44 AM)achroma Wrote: "I don't even know, I was just reading the book, I meant what I said and I do intend to serve my time. You ask too many questions for a person who refuses to give answers."
*One of the older more damaged statues share the same symbol on its pedestal as the book*

"I'm refusing to give answers because I'll get in immense trouble if I do." Umbra forms some makeshift ice cuffs around Sol's wrists since he forgot to bring actual cuffs with him.
"Those aren't too tight, are they? I forgot to bring some actual cuffs since I wasn't expecting to make an arrest, so... Less comfortable, thick ice cuffs will have to do for now."

(07-02-2016, 03:18 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(07-02-2016, 02:44 AM)achroma Wrote: "I don't even know, I was just reading the book, I meant what I said and I do intend to serve my time. You ask too many questions for a person who refuses to give answers."

"I'm refusing to give answers because I'll get in immense trouble if I do." Umbra forms some makeshift ice cuffs around Sol's wrists since he forgot to bring actual cuffs with him.
"Those aren't too tight, are they? I forgot to bring some actual cuffs since I wasn't expecting to make an arrest, so... Less comfortable, thick ice cuffs will have to do for now."
"So your a cryomancer then? You could have just said something and this would have been easier. I don't mind the cold, being a fire elemental has its benefits."
*sol quickly glances at the scythe*
"You do know about the calamity, right?"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 07-02-2016

Zeurei waved at Umbra as he'd left the library, it didn't looked like he'd noticed.  But oh well.  He wasn't there to meet with Umbra anyways...  His ears had a ringing sound hanging in them for a moment at that thought, but he shook it away. 

After the day before he figured he'd read up a bit on the equipment of the town guard, do a bit of personal research.  Some of their equipment, obviously not all, was easy to find info on, being meant for non-lethal procedure.   It was safe knowledge to have open to civilians, and discouraged crime.  And thanks to a bit of glowy glowy, he'd be able to produce some of the basic tools if he managed to gather the materials.  was it noon that Danu had wanted them to meet up?  He couldn't quite rememberr-.  People seemed start leaving the library in orderly fashion, quite a few. 

"Hmm...  Not today."  And he left down the side of the street to wait for Danu and Umbra, if they even showed up.  Zeureis met with him on his way, there were no words spoken between them.  They knew where they were going.  Nothing worth saying.

(07-02-2016, 03:27 AM)achroma Wrote: "So your a cryomancer then? You could have just said something and this would have been easier. I don't mind the cold, being a fire elemental has its benefits."

"Pretty sure Cryomancy was mentioned on what you copied. And yeah, but I wasn't around when it happened. Now come on, let's get to the station and get this all sorted out."
Umbra grasps Sol by the upper arm, but not forcefully. He's mostly just leading him along and making sure he doesn't try to get away.

(07-02-2016, 04:34 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(07-02-2016, 03:27 AM)achroma Wrote: "So your a cryomancer then? You could have just said something and this would have been easier. I don't mind the cold, being a fire elemental has its benefits."

"Pretty sure Cryomancy was mentioned on what you copied. And yeah, but I wasn't around when it happened. Now come on, let's get to the station and get this all sorted out."
Umbra grasps Sol by the upper arm, but not forcefully. He's mostly just leading him along and making sure he doesn't try to get away.

*the kinetic fallows with no resistance, and the clay pidgon attempts to land on umbra*
"Huh, why is that think still alive, I'm pretty sure I ordered it to dissolve...
Let's Just get this over with."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Rahizel - 07-02-2016

(07-01-2016, 11:48 PM)Umbra Wrote:

// right, right, sorry.

CAP: Well considering that our skin is falling off and our insides are rotting I'd say sure.

*their ability to even speak with the amount of pain they should be in is crazy and they don't seem to notice*

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Rahizel - 07-02-2016

// Just to make sure nobody forgot, the ship with the sick crew? According to all scans it just, appeared half a kilometer away from the control tower, as if spontaneous creation occured

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 07-02-2016

(*cracks knuckles*)
"You know I'm pretty sure even accounting for all the inefficiencies it would have been faster and safer for you to use the main server array for these calculations"
Surge is sitting on the couch idly watching 753 pace through the apartment's living room
"Well hindsight is 20/20, the present situation has somewhat rushed us"
"Says the bot that doesn't have to respect the traditional flow of time"
753 stopped and turned to address Surge more directly
"As much as I enjoy our banter I didn't really come here for it, I needed to make sure you were still intact as I have something I need you to do."
Surge's shoulders sagged and he sighed before responding
"Alright, what do you need done?"
A portal drops a small bag into 753's waiting hand, and he gently sets it down on the table in front of Surge
"These are all the devices I have prepared currently, there are several so you should have multiple chances to-"
"Waitwaitwait, you want me to go out and find the shade?"
"No, if you had let me finish I would explained that I need you to find Umbra and deliver these to him, he's as invested in this situation as I am albeit for different reasons, and I see no reason to exclude him right now, you should be able to find him on the surface, there you can offer what data we have and these devices to help him in my absence"
Surge shoots 753 a questioning glare
"Shouldn't you handle this yourself?"
753 shifts, beginning to lose his patience for this exchange
"I will need to be able to come back and make another attempt at this, we don't know how this will progress, it may soon reach a point where we can no longer turn it around, and we may not know how to stop it until after that fact. You are not bound by these concerns of temporal paradoxes, so I will continue to prepare for and look into the matter while you deal with it more personally, believe me I want to have this over with before it turns into a catastrophe. Now I don't have time to sit around and explain things further, catch a shuttle to the surface and find Umbra with that bag. If you need help I can offer advice, but I cannot intervene personally unless we can guarantee a swift resolution of this by doing so."
753 drops into one of his portals to cement the finality of his words, leaving Surge in an empty apartment with a bag full of trans-dimensional devices, several burnt out processor cores, no weapons, and orders to destroy a malignant being from beyond reality.
Fantastic.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 07-03-2016

//won't be able to reply until the 8th starting on the 3. Sorry for the inconvenience
//also I did reply.