Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 07-07-2016

(07-07-2016, 11:37 AM)Rahizel Wrote: *squawks at for starting them*

"Wha- Oh. Hi."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Rahizel - 07-07-2016

(07-07-2016, 04:02 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(07-07-2016, 11:37 AM)Rahizel Wrote: *squawks at for starting them*

"Wha- Oh. Hi."
*clumsily rolls back onto their feet after being scared stiff by the sudden noise, all fluffed up too.*
Krrrrrrrr~
*pads their way over and noseboops umbra in the stomach as payback*

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 07-07-2016

(07-07-2016, 04:06 PM)Rahizel Wrote:
(07-07-2016, 04:02 PM)Umbra Wrote: "Wha- Oh. Hi."
*clumsily rolls back onto their feet after being scared stiff by the sudden noise, all fluffed up too.*
Krrrrrrrr~

A large number of people have stopped and are now staring at the overweight gryphon.  They are, after all, in the middle of a main concourse of foot-traffic.  Not in the middle of nowhere alone.

Zeurei glanced sideways at the gryphon for a moment attempting to speak before the gryphon basically headbutted Umbra, if not harshely, it was still an unneeded interruption to a conversation that didn't involve the little bastard. 
"How rude..."  He simply said in place of what he was going to.

Zeureis stepped further away, nervous of all the unneeded attention the gryphon was drawing to them.  "I think I'll just go, do, something.  Bye."  And she padded off rather quickly.  Reinforcing Zeurei's point.  The gryphon didn't need to be here, and in fact, shouldn't be interrupting them.  It couldn't even talk itself as far as he knew.  His glare at the gryphon was not a welcoming one, after their constant interruptions and stalking of them, and their being a sign of nothing but ill tidings to come, he had no reason to treat them with any respect or care.  They were annoying, they were rude, and they were of no consequence he cared about, for all he cared, it could go die somewhere out of his sight.

//Eesh.  Wasn't expecting Zeurei to dislike the gryphon that much.

(07-07-2016, 06:37 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:
(07-07-2016, 04:06 PM)Rahizel Wrote: *clumsily rolls back onto their feet after being scared stiff by the sudden noise, all fluffed up too.*
Krrrrrrrr~

A large number of people have stopped and are now staring at the overweight gryphon.  They are, after all, in the middle of a main concourse of foot-traffic.  Not in the middle of nowhere alone.

Zeurei glanced sideways at the gryphon for a moment attempting to speak before the gryphon basically headbutted Umbra, if not harshely, it was still an unneeded interruption to a conversation that didn't involve the little bastard. 
"How rude..."  He simply said in place of what he was going to.

Zeureis stepped further away, nervous of all the unneeded attention the gryphon was drawing to them.  "I think I'll just go, do, something.  Bye."  And she padded off rather quickly.  Reinforcing Zeurei's point.  The gryphon didn't need to be here, and in fact, shouldn't be interrupting them.  It couldn't even talk itself as far as he knew.  His glare at the gryphon was not a welcoming one, after their constant interruptions and stalking of them, and their being a sign of nothing but ill tidings to come, he had no reason to treat them with any respect or care.  They were annoying, they were rude, and they were of no consequence he cared about, for all he cared, it could go die somewhere out of his sight.

//Eesh.  Wasn't expecting Zeurei to dislike the gryphon that much.

*Remy can tell they've done something wrong and bows down and goes quiet, looking incredibly embarrassed about its outburst*
// this is why I usually read EVERYTHING because the one time I don't something stupid like this happens

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 07-07-2016

(07-07-2016, 06:45 PM)Rahizel Wrote: *Remy can tell they've done something wrong and bows down and goes quiet, looking incredibly embarrassed about its outburst*
// this is why I usually read EVERYTHING because the one time I don't something stupid like this happens

//I always read every post.  I simply have often forgotten to even include reference of you in mine as a lot of what the gryphon has done has been inconsequential or easily ignored by my characters.  And I apologize for forgetting to do so as often as I do.

(07-07-2016, 06:58 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:
(07-07-2016, 06:45 PM)Rahizel Wrote: *Remy can tell they've done something wrong and bows down and goes quiet, looking incredibly embarrassed about its outburst*

//I always read every post.  I simply have often forgotten to even include reference of you in mine as a lot of what the gryphon has done has been inconsequential or easily ignored by my characters.  And I apologize for forgetting to do so as often as I do.
// the gryphon is usually aimed to making people happy not angry, and I didn't see the passage of time between the yelp and now

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 07-08-2016

(some off-topic writing, but it involves 753 so I guess it kinda goes here)
(I enjoy exploring concepts like this through 753 but I always feel like my biggest weakness is that I fail to make the reader care about what's going on. :/)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 07-08-2016

(07-08-2016, 10:04 AM)Surge Wrote: (some off-topic writing, but it involves 753 so I guess it kinda goes here)
(I enjoy exploring concepts like this through 753 but I always feel like my biggest weakness is that I fail to make the reader care about what's going on. :/)
//You seem to be missing a hook at the beginning that draws someone in out of curiosity.  Start with something that is noteworthy, a bit of philosophical thought, or a personal thought of your character that will incite a "hmm..." response in your reader as they begin to wonder where you might take it.  Everything else will hold attention and is quite interesting and I dare say, for the correct type of reader, exciting. Due to the possible prospects and trains of thought that are (or can be) being followed.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 07-09-2016

//I'm back. Nothing much happend I see.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Rahizel - 07-09-2016

(07-07-2016, 06:58 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:

*quietly follows Zeurei silently from a bit of a distance. More out of boredom than anything *
*is suspiciously absent*

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 07-09-2016

*after serving his trial, sol exits the prison and walks down the driveway. He seemed happy to be free*
"Finally, I'm free. Crime isn't worth the effort. Now where is that scythe..."

*a black van screeches to a halt and a figure pulls sol into the back before speeding off with screeching tires*
"It's a honor to meet you sol. Now let's get to busine-

*the door flies open and the kineptic rolls out of the back of the van*

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 07-10-2016

//I am waiting for Umbra's side of what's going on in the current situation, but I'm wondering if I should continue anyway? If you're unable(busy) or unwilling to really post right now, feel free to just tell me Umbra, and I'll try to work something up that leaves you open when you get back.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 07-10-2016

(07-10-2016, 12:49 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: //I am waiting for Umbra's side of what's going on in the current situation, but I'm wondering if I should continue anyway? If you're unable(busy) or unwilling to really post right now, feel free to just tell me Umbra, and I'll try to work something up that leaves you open when you get back.

// aaaa sorry
// Pokemon's new app is making me go outside for prolonged periods of time

Umbra uncomfortably moves backwards a little upon being nudged in the gut.
"...So, uh... Yeah, I'm... I'm a Guard. Sometimes I kind of wish I wasn't, but... It pays well enough..."
He seems really nervous. Then again, he usually does.
"What about you? You do anything?... At all?..."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Rahizel - 07-10-2016

(07-10-2016, 01:40 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(07-10-2016, 12:49 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: //I am waiting for Umbra's side of what's going on in the current situation, but I'm wondering if I should continue anyway? If you're unable(busy) or unwilling to really post right now, feel free to just tell me Umbra, and I'll try to work something up that leaves you open when you get back.

// aaaa sorry
// Pokemon's new app is making me go outside for prolonged periods of time

Umbra uncomfortably moves backwards a little upon being nudged in the gut.
"...So, uh... Yeah, I'm... I'm a Guard. Sometimes I kind of wish I wasn't, but... It pays well enough..."
He seems really nervous. Then again, he usually does.
"What about you? You do anything?... At all?..."
*comes back after Zeurei leaves and sits quietly before him*

Zeurei looked at Umbra awkwardly as he'd started muttering and stumbling over words.  The people that had stopped and started staring got bored rather quickly though, having places to be and things to do, they passed on, reducing the foot traffic back to the regular trickle of people going on their way.  "If being watched makes you that nervous, why would you become a guard?  ...  Nevermind.  I do personal research on projects of my own choice; work with magic based objects, enchantments, repair, rework curses, etcetra.  I also only woke up a week ago with no memory of how I got here, in a pod-based room that had landed in the nearby forest.  Almost died in there when my sister freaked out at being unable to remember anything and lit the entire area on fire.  ...  Some of this which your guard superiors would probably know considering how I woke up in a hospital after fainting while still in the area that was burning...  I think that's everything."

(07-10-2016, 03:25 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: Zeurei looked at Umbra awkwardly as he'd started muttering and stumbling over words.  The people that had stopped and started staring got bored rather quickly though, having places to be and things to do, they passed on, reducing the foot traffic back to the regular trickle of people going on their way.  "If being watched makes you that nervous, why would you become a guard?  ...  Nevermind.  I do personal research on projects of my own choice; work with magic based objects, enchantments, repair, rework curses, etcetra.  I also only woke up a week ago with no memory of how I got here, in a pod-based room that had landed in the nearby forest.  Almost died in there when my sister freaked out at being unable to remember anything and lit the entire area on fire.  ...  Some of this which your guard superiors would probably know considering how I woke up in a hospital after fainting while still in the area that was burning...  I think that's everything."

"Huh... Well, I don't really have any other job I could take... Not to mention that the head of the Guard actually reached out and asked me to join. There wasn't really any way I could have said 'no' at the time..."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 07-10-2016

(07-10-2016, 03:44 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(07-10-2016, 03:25 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: Zeurei looked at Umbra awkwardly as he'd started muttering and stumbling over words.  The people that had stopped and started staring got bored rather quickly though, having places to be and things to do, they passed on, reducing the foot traffic back to the regular trickle of people going on their way.  "If being watched makes you that nervous, why would you become a guard?  ...  Nevermind.  I do personal research on projects of my own choice; work with magic based objects, enchantments, repair, rework curses, etcetra.  I also only woke up a week ago with no memory of how I got here, in a pod-based room that had landed in the nearby forest.  Almost died in there when my sister freaked out at being unable to remember anything and lit the entire area on fire.  ...  Some of this which your guard superiors would probably know considering how I woke up in a hospital after fainting while still in the area that was burning...  I think that's everything."

"Huh... Well, I don't really have any other job I could take... Not to mention that the head of the Guard actually reached out and asked me to join. There wasn't really any way I could have said 'no' at the time..."
*a nearby bush intensely rustles, and begins to burn* 

(07-10-2016, 03:44 AM)Umbra Wrote: "Huh... Well, I don't really have any other job I could take... Not to mention that the head of the Guard actually reached out and asked me to join. There wasn't really any way I could have said 'no' at the time..."

"Yeah, I figured...  Already?"  He looked at the bush unamused as it went alight at the edge of the bootpath.  "For the love of...  Could things NOT HAPPEN for once?"  He wasn't really talking to anyone as foot traffic halted and quickly diverted to let the guards handle it.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Rahizel - 07-10-2016

(07-10-2016, 03:44 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(07-10-2016, 03:25 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: Zeurei looked at Umbra awkwardly as he'd started muttering and stumbling over words.  The people that had stopped and started staring got bored rather quickly though, having places to be and things to do, they passed on, reducing the foot traffic back to the regular trickle of people going on their way.  "If being watched makes you that nervous, why would you become a guard?  ...  Nevermind.  I do personal research on projects of my own choice; work with magic based objects, enchantments, repair, rework curses, etcetra.  I also only woke up a week ago with no memory of how I got here, in a pod-based room that had landed in the nearby forest.  Almost died in there when my sister freaked out at being unable to remember anything and lit the entire area on fire.  ...  Some of this which your guard superiors would probably know considering how I woke up in a hospital after fainting while still in the area that was burning...  I think that's everything."

*yaaaawns and stretches at Umbra's feet, those huge paws have huge claws to match and the muscles bulge a bit, sturdy as a brick wall but not very keen on showing it often*
Krrrrr?~
*looks up at umbra curiosly*

//worth noting that this "overweight" gryphon is more than capable of flying

(07-10-2016, 11:17 AM)achroma Wrote: *a nearby bush intensely rustles, and begins to burn* 

"...What the..."

(07-10-2016, 01:49 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: "Yeah, I figured...  Already?"  He looked at the bush unamused as it went alight at the edge of the bootpath.  "For the love of...  Could things NOT HAPPEN for once?"  He wasn't really talking to anyone as foot traffic halted and quickly diverted to let the guards handle it.

Umbra sighs. "I've got it." A ball of whirling snow and bits of ice appears in one of his hands and he tosses it at the bush.
The orb quickly flies straight ahead and hits the bush, freezing a section of it and quelling a few flames in the process.
There's still a Guard running towards the area with a fire extinguisher.