Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Rune - 11-05-2015

The black and red ship touched down in the hangar with the hiss of hydraulic landing gear, engines slowly dying down as the power it cut from them. After barely two minutes the ship's rear ramp lowered to the hangar's floor, revealing an Avali covered in what was obviously non-avali armor, ear to toe hid by a metal colored just like the ship. After a brief look around the Avali stepped down the ramp, interest fixed on the ship landed nearby.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Joeythomas - 11-05-2015

(11-05-2015, 10:05 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(11-05-2015, 10:03 PM)Joeythomas Wrote: *the staff hits the thug straight in the skull, resulting in a lould crack, and the thug slumps to the ground*
*a click can be heard from from outside broken window*

The Anomaly picks up the crook and places him outside the window, the staff disappearing.
"This better be covered by my insurance... I better not have just killed this guy, either. That'd be unpleasant..."
*a frightened child is standing outside of the window, and had beard witness to the event, and begins to run*
*the thug doesn't appear to be breathing*

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 11-05-2015

(11-05-2015, 10:18 PM)Joeythomas Wrote:
(11-05-2015, 10:05 PM)Umbra Wrote: The Anomaly picks up the crook and places him outside the window, the staff disappearing.
"This better be covered by my insurance... I better not have just killed this guy, either. That'd be unpleasant..."
*a frightened child is standing outside of the window, and had beard witness to the event, and begins to run*

It lets the child run off and sighs.
"Great... There goes yet another pacifist option. The law should still be on my side, though..." It looks off in the distance toward the guards' station and disappears...

...reappearing at the station and walking in. Strangely, nobody seems to be wondering what the Anomaly is.

(11-05-2015, 10:23 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(11-05-2015, 10:18 PM)Joeythomas Wrote: *a frightened child is standing outside of the window, and had beard witness to the event, and begins to run*

It lets the child run off and sighs.
"Great... There goes yet another pacifist option. The law should still be on my side, though..." It looks off in the distance toward the guards' station and disappears...

...reappearing at the station and walking in. Strangely, nobody seems to be wondering what the Anomaly is.

*the child is at the front desk showing the video to the secretary, then sees the anomaly and runs into a elevator*

(11-05-2015, 10:28 PM)Joeythomas Wrote: *the child is at the front desk showing the video to the secretary, then sees the anomaly and runs into a elevator*

"...Right. I was a victim of assault. This guy leapt through my window and started stealing things... Either his skull is as weak as glass or I swung a little hard... Won't happen again."
// oh, right... You know how Umbra is a guard?
// I forgot to mention they know about his transformative ability. It's how they first found him, actually.
// it's also why he doesn't need a uniform.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Comito - 11-05-2015

(11-05-2015, 10:16 PM)Rune Wrote: The black and red ship touched down in the hangar with the hiss of hydraulic landing gear, engines slowly dying down as the power it cut from them. After barely two minutes the ship's rear ramp lowered to the hangar's floor, revealing an Avali covered in what was obviously non-avali armor, ear to toe hid by a metal colored just like the ship. After a brief look around the Avali stepped down the ramp, interest fixed on the ship landed nearby.

Ralako just watches her through the screen for a few minutes, perplexed by... well, just about everything about her. The armor, the ship, the way she 'conveniently' tailed him and entered the same hangar.

Perhaps it is just a big coincidence, and he was flying below the average speed of ships in this area. He leaves the cockpit and starts gearing up before opening his own ship's hatch and stepping down. He wears light armor on his body with a nanoweave cloak, all of which is a shade of green not unlike grass. The same color as his ship, as a matter of fact. On his head he just wears a visor projector that's currently deactivated, and a finely-woven red scarf around his neck.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Corosar - 11-05-2015

//Hey i finally found out that this was here thanks to rune!~ just jumping in though i am not gonna be as active as i use to be in the old RP... but I still wish to poke in every so often just to RP a bit hope no one minds me returning.

A strange avali that has been searching across the galaxy has finally found what She was looking for and was one jump away from getting there. She remembered almost everything from her past however She knew this was most likely gonna be another restart. She had returned to this dimension from a visit back at home. her brother had retrofitted one of their Sheps with a more standard engine system so She would not have to deal the lack of fuel source in this universe. She was happy at how well the fusion reactor was running though She did kinda miss how fast it use to be. her jumpdrives have been running far slower than in her homeworld but it was better than nothing. She began to sigh as She fiddled with a few switches in her cockpit as She approached a natural jump corridor. Part of why She loved her tech for jumping around the galaxy was pirates of this world had no idea how it worked. She would be able to fly right by a pirate, have them chase her, and when She finally made it to where She could jump. they were always so confused based on the last moments of comms when She left the area. Though She did have to admit. Relying on natural jump corridors was rather tedious when She needed to try and find a proper path to where She wished to go. her jump drive began to spin up as She entered the corridor.

It has been far too long since She started looking for anyone that She remembered. Something drew her to this world and it was starting to bother her why familiar souls have gathered in a central area of this universe. She hated that whatever caused the collapse of the other world sent her for a loop on finding where everyone went. She was just thankful that She was out of the dimension at the time. She was warned that people may recognize her but She also had a feeling the event caused alot of issues with the memories of her old friends. But She was happy She finally found a jump node that lead to where She wanted to go. She already had to jump four times and the journey was getting a bit too monotonous.

During the few hour corridor jump She took inventory of what She had brought with her. She made sure that everything She had brought to sell to make money was able to be used but didn't hold anything that would advance the culture or technology of those She sold it to by her world's law. She even had to have a specialized system installed to her Shep before She was allowed to bring it through the rift her mother created for her. her mother always did bend the rules a bit for her simply because of what She does for her world. her stock of fine metals She hoped was gonna sell for enough to get a home and settle down a bit or at least relax till She could get a job.

When She was last here in this world She had learned about medicine. She became a licensed field doctor and She was proud of it. But She wanted to make sure that all the technology and all the new theories were learned before She went back to doctoring again. She would hate to find out that her methods were wrong. She also will finally be able to repair her damaged neural interface. its been too long since She had the resources to repair it on her own.... and the fact She hid it from her brother didn't make matters any easier. She really didn't want him to tear the thing out of her neck. She began to have a bit of phantom pains from the idea of that. Hopefully someone at the station would be able to get a replacement.

her system began to blare as it began to signal that the corridor was about to end. her Shep's computer always automated the process at the end of the corridor but She had to be ready for anything. last corridor She left out of was right in the middle of rebelling fleet and the odd shape of her Shep caused alot of issues there. She needed to be ready to take evasive actions to anything that may threaten her. Sure the hull of her Shep was strong. but She could not get the best stuff or it would not have flied. She settled into the chair and awaited re-entry into normal space. She made sure all her hailing channels were open just in case She was needed to answer some questions and be a bit diplomatic with the local guards.

---

Nearby a sudden flash of light came from a nearby location as a strange bright wormhole began to form slowly. it was rather small however it produced large energy readings. Something that would have alerted anyone on duty to protect the station. It was however a rather strange anomaly as it's energy source seemed foreign..... alien...

(11-05-2015, 10:33 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(11-05-2015, 10:28 PM)Joeythomas Wrote: *the child is at the front desk showing the video to the secretary, then sees the anomaly and runs into a elevator*

"...Right. I was a victim of assault. This guy leapt through my window and started stealing things... Either his skull is as weak as glass or I swung a little hard... Won't happen again."
// oh, right... You know how Umbra is a guard?
// I forgot to mention they know about his transformative ability. It's how they first found him, actually.
// it's also why he doesn't need a uniform.

*the secretary begins to jot down the information, and nods her head*
*a few officers in the back mumble about a recent set of  disappearances.*

(11-05-2015, 11:21 PM)Joeythomas Wrote: *the secretary begins to jot down the information, and nods her head*

The Anomaly walks out, shifting back into Umbra. He leaves the body in a bodybag inside the entrance and starts walking home, telephoning his insurance provider.

When Umbra gets back, he immediately searches for candles and lights them.
"Sorry, Wurg... Didn't expect that."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - AustinLB90 - 11-05-2015

*Austin has opened his shop for business so y'all should go and say hi to him or something,, he has to work though because he doesn't have an employee yet*

(11-05-2015, 11:34 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(11-05-2015, 11:21 PM)Joeythomas Wrote: *the secretary begins to jot down the information, and nods her head*

The Anomaly walks out, shifting back into Umbra. He leaves the body in a bodybag inside the entrance and starts walking home, telephoning his insurance provider.

*the spoke that was pounded into the back of the house still remains*
"The people called them inquisitors, abominations created by hemalurgy. They have the powers of both keepers and mistborn" rythain

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Marxon - 11-05-2015

(11-05-2015, 09:03 PM)Comito Wrote:
(11-05-2015, 08:51 PM)Umbra Wrote: A bit afterward, a bored voice responds.
"Permission granted."

Undeterred by the dull response, the Avali responders cheerily. "Roger that! Coming in hot."

He increases his ship's throttle and its engines purr as he flies toward the station.

As he approaches, he launches a small drone from the underside of his ship that zooms ahead toward the planet to gather data about it.
*the radio suddenly is flooded with garbled chatter emitting from the shredded ship in deep orbit*

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - AustinLB90 - 11-06-2015

*sigh* maybe i should buy a robot to man the counter, and a few others to help people, though i have a bad feeling that if i do so i'll regret it at some point *a non-descript costumer is wondering why he is talking to himself*

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 11-06-2015

(11-05-2015, 11:52 PM)Joeythomas Wrote: *the spoke that was pounded into the back of the house still remains*
"The people called them inquisitors, abominations created by hemalurgy. They have the powers of both keepers and mistborn" rythain

Since Umbra isn't looking at the back of the house, he doesn't notice it.

(11-05-2015, 11:54 PM)Marxon Wrote: *the radio suddenly is flooded with garbled chatter emitting from the shredded ship in deep orbit*

A few small ships with what appear to be mechanical arms with magnets on the ends of them start to approach the ship. Perhaps it's a recovery crew.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Marxon - 11-06-2015

(11-06-2015, 12:24 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(11-05-2015, 11:52 PM)Joeythomas Wrote: *the spoke that was pounded into the back of the house still remains*

(11-05-2015, 11:54 PM)Marxon Wrote: *the radio suddenly is flooded with garbled chatter emitting from the shredded ship in deep orbit*

A few small ships with what appear to be mechanical arms with magnets on the ends of them start to approach the ship. Perhaps it's a recovery crew.
*the ship's lights suddenly flicker out and die as an airlock opens and... 10 avali corpses are flung into space*

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 11-06-2015

*meanwhile up on the station the robo-surge wanders around aimlessly, still unsure of what to do with himself and finding himself uncomfortable being out among people again*

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Joeythomas - 11-06-2015

(11-06-2015, 12:24 AM)IUmbra Wrote:

*a matalic clang comes from behind the house, and the tip of the bronze spike is poking through the wall*

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Comito - 11-06-2015

After closing his ship and making sure it's safe, Ralako heads for the inside of the station while keeping a wary ear leaned toward the other Avali.

Obviously he's nowhere near the station's actual center; the narrator just meant out of the hangar.

He steps out into the wide-open interior, ogling at the multitudes of people present just in this small part.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 11-06-2015

(11-06-2015, 12:26 AM)Marxon Wrote: *the ship's lights suddenly flicker out and die as an airlock opens and... 10 avali corpses are flung into space*

The retrieval ships stop for a bit, then continue. The pilots' hesitance is clear through how slowly they're approaching the ship.

(11-06-2015, 12:30 AM)Joeythomas Wrote: *a matalic clang comes from behind the house, and the tip of the bronze spike is poking through the wall*

Umbra groans. "What now?" He peeks out the broken window and toward where the spike is.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Ehksidian - 11-06-2015

(11-05-2015, 11:34 PM)Umbra Wrote:

"It's fine. Bit dark, but...whatever. Now I kinda wish I got upgraded eyes, too!" She chuckled nervously. The idea somewhat grossed her out, and she shuddered slightly.

"...Anyw-"

(11-06-2015, 12:30 AM)Joeythomas Wrote: *a matalic clang comes from behind the house, and the tip of the bronze spike is poking through the wall*

"Oh Gaia damn it!"