Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Rahizel - 07-12-2016

(07-12-2016, 08:51 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(07-12-2016, 08:37 PM)Rahizel Wrote: I don't think you understand what this is. No surprise considering how rare these charters are.

It basically says that we write our own laws and I can assure you that we have the necessary might to back this up. We have no desire to cause trouble and we'll be here for only a few weeks, but this blockage in the hallway will be gone by tomorrow. We have no interest in disrupting your station, we simply have no choice.

*the guard leans in and whispers* On a much lighter note, you see that short white fuzzball over there. Do not comment on his stature and definitely don't call him snowball.

"I'm still questioning what, exactly, you need this area for. I understand that you're not here to cause trouble; we don't want trouble, either."
CAP: We're here to assist in the repair and refurbishing of another vessel, but things didn't go according to plan when we took a hit from a solar flare.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 07-12-2016

(07-12-2016, 04:04 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(07-12-2016, 10:38 AM)achroma Wrote: "To prevent another calamity! History tends to work in cycles, and at this rate..."
*the statue stands back up and nods gratefully at zeurei*

"...So you threatened us with a scythe that, judging from what it felt like when I was holding it, saps the life out of people, then called me a demon..."
"...And you're trying to help."
"...You're worse at introductions than the Kineptic is at crime."

(07-12-2016, 11:09 AM)Rahizel Wrote: This section has been cordoned off. Details are on need to know basis.

"Yeah, I'm part of the Guard. I 'need to know' what you're doing commandeering a section of a government station and fortifying it."
*the statue tries to compose itself*
"Stop dodging the question. Where is it?"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 07-12-2016

(07-12-2016, 09:27 PM)Rahizel Wrote: CAP: We're here to assist in the repair and refurbishing of another vessel, but things didn't go according to plan when we took a hit from a solar flare.

"Hm... Might I ask where this other vessel is?"

(07-12-2016, 09:38 PM)achroma Wrote: *the statue tries to compose itself*

"Depends on what you plan to do with it."

(07-12-2016, 10:08 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(07-12-2016, 09:27 PM)Rahizel Wrote: CAP: We're here to assist in the repair and refurbishing of another vessel, but things didn't go according to plan when we took a hit from a solar flare.

CAP: If I say any more everyone in earshot would bd earmarked for death potentially. I'm not interested in giving the Reaper Corps. any additional work within the same star system I'm in.

Those... things have singlehandedly carried out personal holocausts to deal with their target. ANYONE not afraid of them simply haven't seen them work.

You don't want a thing that makes hardened soldiers run screaming take your number do ya? Stop asking questions!

*the short albino Avali looks up at the guard with his big black eyes and a very empty expression. Awful lot of attitude for something 2 and a quarter feet tall*

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 07-12-2016

(07-12-2016, 10:20 PM)Rahizel Wrote: CAP: If I say any more everyone in earshot would bd earmarked for death potentially. I'm not interested in giving the Reaper Corps. any additional work within the same star system I'm in.

Those... things have singlehandedly carried out personal holocausts to deal with their target. ANYONE not afraid of them simply haven't seen them work.

You don't want a thing that makes hardened soldiers run screaming take your number do ya? Stop asking questions!

*the short albino Avali looks up at the guard with his big black eyes and a very empty expression. Awful lot of attitude for something 2 and a quarter feet tall*

"...I see."
The Guard radios back to headquarters. A moment later, they speak up again.
"On behalf of Paladin Seven, ask next time before you breach our security systems. Tends to make everyone jumpy... Well, that's all. Don't cause any trouble."
The Guard walks away.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 07-12-2016

(07-12-2016, 10:08 PM)Umbra Wrote:

"It's a just a basic book, and I intent on reading it. Does that answer your question?"
*the statue is loosing its patience* 
*sol begins to wake up, and looks around groggily*
"What happend? And why are my legs tied together by runes?"

(07-12-2016, 10:37 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(07-12-2016, 10:20 PM)Rahizel Wrote: CAP: If I say any more everyone in earshot would bd earmarked for death potentially. I'm not interested in giving the Reaper Corps. any additional work within the same star system I'm in.

"...I see."
The Guard radios back to headquarters. A moment later, they speak up again.
"On behalf of Paladin Seven, ask next time before you breach our security systems. Tends to make everyone jumpy... Well, that's all. Don't cause any trouble."
The Guard walks away.
CAP: If you see a reaper staring you down in a dark alley, do yourself a favor and put one between your own eyes. They take their sweet time.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 07-13-2016

//What the heck are "tunes"?  Because you aren't talking about music, I know that, and Zeurei's not bound anyone, only applied ward shields formed of RUNES, runic text.  To protect himself and Sol, although Sol is also stuck where he stands due to the shield, it's basically just an invisible wall of protection that extends up and down from the runes in a ring across the ground about him.  It won't hurt him, as it was meant to protect him since he was unconscious.

There he stood, just waiting, as Umbra and the statue talked, tapping his foot.  Zeurei listened until he noticed the impatience of the statue, which irked him.  "You have no right to be impatient.  You interrupted US to waste our time blabbering about something which you, by all means, don't even own, and were intending to steal.  And this after ATTACKING us and attempting to kidnap someone.  So either calm your ass down and talk, or fuck off and go dig a hole to bury yourself in.  Because you're the one holding us up, here.  And this even after I repaired you so I don't get picked up as an unauthorized vigilante.  So don't even TRY to get snippy with us."  His own impatience at being interrupted day after day whenever he's been talking with someone put the statue's to shame.

//Is that too much?  I don't know.  Can't really change it or tone it down or it wouldn't be Zeurei.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 07-13-2016

(07-13-2016, 05:23 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: //What the heck are "tunes"?  Because you aren't talking about music, I know that, and Zeurei's not bound anyone, only applied ward shields formed of RUNES, runic text.  To protect himself and Sol, although Sol is also stuck where he stands due to the shield, it's basically just an invisible wall of protection that extends up and down from the runes in a ring across the ground about him.  It won't hurt him, as it was meant to protect him since he was unconscious.

There he stood, just waiting, as Umbra and the statue talked, tapping his foot.  Zeurei listened until he noticed the impatience of the statue, which irked him.  "You have no right to be impatient.  You interrupted US to waste our time blabbering about something which you, by all means, don't even own, and were intending to steal.  And this after ATTACKING us and attempting to kidnap someone.  So either calm your ass down and talk, or fuck off and go dig a hole to bury yourself in.  Because you're the one holding us up, here.  And this even after I repaired you so I don't get picked up as an unauthorized vigilante.  So don't even TRY to get snippy with us."  His own impatience at being interrupted day after day whenever he's been talking with someone put the statue's to shame.

//Is that too much?  I don't know.  Can't really change it or tone it down or it wouldn't be Zeurei.
//sorry about that, I made a typo. The word was ment to be rune.
*the statue seems very fond about burying itself*
"It would seem you don't want my help, and so fourth I'm useless. You are the one that doomed the poeple of the planet"
*the statue Begins to crumple into a pile of rubble*

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Rahizel - 07-13-2016

*meanwhile at the space station, the ship designated Cursor undocks without any crew onboard*

A: Sir, the ship is being sent coordinates for an orbital strike... just outside a city center.

CAP: Who gave authorization for this?!

A: *looking solemn* a reaper.

*the sleek ship aims towards the planet and, just stops*

B: Uhhh, I think it's canceled.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 07-13-2016

Danu had gone to see her friend, and was watching from a window when the ship being repaired undocked and took aim at the planet. It seemed that whoever these reapers are, they were not anyone's friends. Perhaps she had better go talk to the guard commander about what had just happened, since it didn't seem wise to allow the station to be used to repair the ships of an enemy fleet no matter what documentation they had with them.

Staring out the lounge window, she smiles as the planet turns below her. It reminded her of home, back when she was young and didn't have to worry about half the things she would later in life. Just the world turning quietly, nothing wrong nothing mattered- aside from what dress to wear and what would she be having for dinner.

Borrowing the computer at her friend's house, she takes a look at if such charter orders as the intruder had used actually existed before, and how to check if one was authentic or not. Because the whole encounter had seemed bizarre, to the point where she suspected the document was fake. Why perform a hostile takeover if you had good paperwork? It seemed unnecessary.

(Rahizel, I'm guessing that document is actually fake, created after the fact based on info obtained from the station computer. You fooled Umbra's characters with it, but you didn't fool Danu.)

(07-13-2016, 12:11 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: Danu had gone to see her friend, and was watching from a window when the ship being repaired undocked and took aim at the planet. It seemed that whoever these reapers are, they were not anyone's friends. Perhaps she had better go talk to the guard commander about what had just happened, since it didn't seem wise to allow the station to be used to repair the ships of an enemy fleet no matter what documentation they had with them.

Staring out the lounge window, she smiles as the planet turns below her. It reminded her of home, back when she was young and didn't have to worry about half the things she would later in life. Just the world turning quietly, nothing wrong nothing mattered- aside from what dress to wear and what would she be having for dinner.

Borrowing the computer at her friend's house, she takes a look at if such charter orders as the intruder had used actually existed before, and how to check if one was authentic or not. Because the whole encounter had seemed bizarre, to the point where she suspected the document was fake. Why perform a hostile takeover if you had good paperwork? It seemed unnecessary.

(Rahizel, I'm guessing that document is actually fake, created after the fact based on info obtained from the station computer. You fooled Umbra's characters with it, but you didn't fool Danu.)
(It's meant to be genuine but the people using it are descendants of the original holders)
CAP: I want that ship to undergo full diagnostics, we almost fired on civilian targets! JAM A WRENCH IN THE GEARS IF YOU MUST!

*the captain seems furious over the remote override, pacing and snarling*

Damn Reaper Corps. I can't stand working with monsters.

A: Should we take up the lady's offer for tea?

CAP: Yes, we need a break.

// still find it amusing that a heavy corvette class ship can appear in dock with absolutely no record of its approach, or even entering the same half of the solar system. In reality Earth can usually detect something before it gets within the orbital distance of Uranus, then again I doubt most planets colonized after finding other sentient life, would have nearly as many eyes to the sky as Earth does, soooo many telescopes and radar dishes.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 07-13-2016

(07-13-2016, 10:30 AM)achroma Wrote: //sorry about that, I made a typo. The word was ment to be rune.
"It would seem you don't want my help, and so fourth I'm useless. You are the one that doomed the poeple of the planet"

Umbra shifts back to normal and leans in to whisper something to Sol.
"Do you have any idea what this thing's on about?"

(07-13-2016, 02:15 PM)Rahizel Wrote: // still find it amusing that a heavy corvette class ship can appear in dock with absolutely no record of its approach, or even entering the same half of the solar system. In reality Earth can usually detect something before it gets within the orbital distance of Uranus, then again I doubt most planets colonized after finding other sentient life, would have nearly as many eyes to the sky as Earth does, soooo many telescopes and radar dishes.

// The Guards are keeping an eye on them. If the ship or Reapers start acting up, they may or may not call the Armada, which is also keeping less of an eye on them.
// Which is even worse than having a group of Guards in Paladin-class heavy combat power armor after you.

// ...I should probably explain who the Armada are by now, huh?
// Basically, as the name suggests, they're the military force of the Eden and Nexus 17. They're a lot less lenient than the Guard is when it comes to infractions of planetary, spatial, and cross-dimensional laws. They're equipped exactly how you might assume the military would be, and they have different divisions like the real-world military. They also recruit, but also like the real-world military, the training is a lot tougher and the commanders are a lot stricter.
// TL;DR space marines, but not jacked up on performance-boosting drugs only because the government wouldn't allow it.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 07-13-2016

(07-13-2016, 02:15 PM)Rahizel Wrote: // still find it amusing that a heavy corvette class ship can appear in dock with absolutely no record of its approach, or even entering the same half of the solar system. In reality Earth can usually detect something before it gets within the orbital distance of Uranus, then again I doubt most planets colonized after finding other sentient life, would have nearly as many eyes to the sky as Earth does, soooo many telescopes and radar dishes.

//Nexus17 and EDEN would have even more telescopes than earth does, being that most of the population lives on the station and thus are particularly vulnerable to meteoric or even ship collisions.

//But given that EDEN is also a trade hub, most likely said corvette was in fact noticed and documented but merely written off as just another merchant ship from a remote system. It didn't go unnoticed, it was just an ordinary enough happening to not be considered significant.

Danu was finishing up with her friend, making copies of the newly completed blueprints as well as the documents she found on the computer system regarding the legality of what was going on. Most likely she would head to the shop in question herself before returning to the shuttleport, but before that a visit to the guards was in order to ask what they thought of the situation.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 07-13-2016

(07-13-2016, 05:44 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(07-13-2016, 10:30 AM)achroma Wrote: //sorry about that, I made a typo. The word was ment to be rune.

// The Guards are keeping an eye on them. If the ship or Reapers start acting up, they may or may not call the Armada, which is also keeping less of an eye on them.
// Which is even worse than having a group of Guards in Paladin-class heavy combat power armor after you.

// Basically, as the name suggests, they're the military force of the Eden and Nexus 17. They're a lot less lenient than the Guard is when it comes to infractions of planetary, spatial, and cross-dimensional laws. They're equipped exactly how you might assume the military would be, and they have different divisions like the real-world military. They also recruit, but also like the real-world military, the training is a lot tougher and the commanders are a lot stricter.
// TL;DR space marines, but not jacked up on performance-boosting drugs only because the government wouldn't allow it.

*sol looks confused, probably because of the statue*
"Not in the slightest. Why are one of the statues from the musame out here anyways?"

*the statue is fully destroyed, and it's rubble blows away*

(07-13-2016, 05:56 PM)achroma Wrote: *sol looks confused, probably because of the statue*
"Not in the slightest. Why are one of the statues from the musame out here anyways?"

*the statue is fully destroyed, and it's rubble blows away*

"...Wait, that was from the museum?"

(07-13-2016, 05:54 PM)OdinYggd Wrote:

//Nexus17 and EDEN would have even more telescopes than earth does, being that most of the population lives on the station and thus are particularly vulnerable to meteoric or even ship collisions.

//But given that EDEN is also a trade hub, most likely said corvette was in fact noticed and documented but merely written off as just another merchant ship from a remote system. It didn't go unnoticed, it was just an ordinary enough happening to not be considered significant.

Danu was finishing up with her friend, making copies of the newly completed blueprints as well as the documents she found on the computer system regarding the legality of what was going on. Most likely she would head to the shop in question herself before returning to the shuttleport, but before that a visit to the guards was in order to ask what they thought of the situation.
// the ship is a stealth vessel, radar picks up something like a 2 inch cross section, space dust. Also the crew is mainly laid back as they've served with eachother for years and know everything there is to know about eachother, so there's minimal need for rank and file

(07-13-2016, 05:44 PM)Umbra Wrote:

// I'll put it this way. No expense is spared on equipping a reaper, basically costs as much to build and crew a frigate. Instead of glass or crystal eye lens implants actual diamonds are used. They aren't born so much as forged with molecular precision

(07-13-2016, 06:19 PM)achroma Wrote: // I'll put it this way. No expense is spared on equipping a reaper, basically costs as much to build and crew a frigate. Instead of glass or crystal eye lens implants actual diamonds are used. They aren't born so much as forged with molecular precision

// nothing's invincible, though, y'know.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Shaadaris - 07-13-2016

(07-13-2016, 06:34 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(07-13-2016, 06:19 PM)achroma Wrote: // I'll put it this way. No expense is spared on equipping a reaper, basically costs as much to build and crew a frigate. Instead of glass or crystal eye lens implants actual diamonds are used. They aren't born so much as forged with molecular precision

// nothing's invincible, though, y'know.

((If something is, we have fixes for that.))