Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Rahizel - 07-13-2016

(07-13-2016, 06:34 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(07-13-2016, 06:19 PM)achroma Wrote: // I'll put it this way. No expense is spared on equipping a reaper, basically costs as much to build and crew a frigate. Instead of glass or crystal eye lens implants actual diamonds are used. They aren't born so much as forged with molecular precision

// nothing's invincible, though, y'know.
// the point of a reaper is precision and discretion, the only things known about them are when they choose to take a more direct approach to their work, most of it just seems to be coincidence or very well timed accidents. But in case of emergency they're rather durable and capable of something akin to time dilation.

// they are in no way invincible, but are very skilled in avoiding situations that would end in their destruction. You can't really kill it if it expects you, and it's very hard but not infallible to surprise.

// it takes brains not brawn to beat it at its own game, but it would rather wifhdraw if things got bad

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 07-13-2016

(07-13-2016, 06:37 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: ((If something is, we have fixes for that.))

// pretty much. It's called "asking politely."

(07-13-2016, 06:43 PM)Rahizel Wrote: // the point of a reaper is precision and discretion, the only things known about them are when they choose to take a more direct approach to their work, most of it just seems to be coincidence or very well timed accidents. But in case of emergency they're rather durable and capable of something akin to time dilation.

// they are in no way invincible, but are very skilled in avoiding situations that would end in their destruction. You can't really kill it if it expects you, and it's very hard but not infallible to surprise.

// it takes brains not brawn to beat it at its own game, but it would rather wifhdraw if things got bad

// so... A cyborg assassin built for durability?
// sweet.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Shaadaris - 07-13-2016

(07-13-2016, 06:55 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(07-13-2016, 06:37 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: ((If something is, we have fixes for that.))

((...I was thinking more along the lines of a Anti-Timeline Paradoxical Infinity Nuke* but that works too.
*Guarenteed to erase the offending object from having ever existed or your money back... Assuming the rest of the timeline isn't destroyed in the process. These are touchy things. ShaadIndustries is not responsible for any irreperable damage done to Temporal Continuity due to misuse, mishandling, or misapplication of the ATPIN.))

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 07-13-2016

(we also have 753, who can literally just shunt your ass into non-reality)

(07-13-2016, 06:55 PM)Umbra Wrote:

(07-13-2016, 06:43 PM)Rahizel Wrote: // the point of a reaper is precision and discretion, the only things known about them are when they choose to take a more direct approach to their work, most of it just seems to be coincidence or very well timed accidents. But in case of emergency they're rather durable and capable of something akin to time dilation.

// so... A cyborg assassin built for durability?
// sweet.
// more like, much of the necessary evil of the world put into one entity. All those things that go on in government secrecy like disappearances and covert projects? Blame the reaper.

// I don't want to spoil too much on their unique purpose, possessing a certain cruelty that only comes from a wholly unnatural fusion of the abstract and arcane and beauty found in life, with soulless cold and cunning logic. To face a reaper is to face fear itself.

// a reaper does its job best when it does nothing, because nobody is willing to make themselves a target of one

(07-13-2016, 07:06 PM)Shaadaris Wrote:
(07-13-2016, 06:55 PM)Umbra Wrote: // pretty much. It's called "asking politely."

((...I was thinking more along the lines of a Anti-Timeline Paradoxical Infinity Nuke* but that works too.
*Guarenteed to erase the offending object from having ever existed or your money back... Assuming the rest of the timeline isn't destroyed in the process. These are touchy things. ShaadIndustries is not responsible for any irreperable damage done to Temporal Continuity due to misuse, mishandling, or misapplication of the ATPIN.))

(07-13-2016, 07:07 PM)Surge Wrote: (we also have 753, who can literally just shunt your ass into non-reality)
// why destroy a space station with high explosives when you can get the same result by feeding lies through their communications?

(07-13-2016, 07:08 PM)Rahizel Wrote: // why destroy a space station with high explosives when you can get the same result by feeding lies through their communications?

// that better not be a threat ಠ_ಠ

(07-13-2016, 07:27 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(07-13-2016, 07:08 PM)Rahizel Wrote: // why destroy a space station with high explosives when you can get the same result by feeding lies through their communications?

// that better not be a threat.
// totally not interested in blowing up a rather useful station just because one person

(07-13-2016, 07:28 PM)Rahizel Wrote: // totally not interested in blowing up a rather useful station just because one person

// I also meant that towards the lies thing.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 07-13-2016

(07-13-2016, 06:13 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(07-13-2016, 05:56 PM)achroma Wrote: *sol looks confused, probably because of the statue*
"Not in the slightest. Why are one of the statues from the musame out here anyways?"

*the statue is fully destroyed, and it's rubble blows away*

"...Wait, that was from the museum?"

"Yeah, that was one from the same exhibit we met at the musame. Also, why are there darts in my back?"

(07-13-2016, 08:04 PM)achroma Wrote: "Yeah, that was one from the same exhibit we met at the musame. Also, why are there darts in my back?"

"I... Don't know. Lemme just..." Umbra tries to pull one out.

(07-13-2016, 08:26 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(07-13-2016, 08:04 PM)achroma Wrote: "Yeah, that was one from the same exhibit we met at the musame. Also, why are there darts in my back?"

"I... Don't know. Lemme just..." Umbra tries to pull one out.

*the dart slides right out, and a label is on it. The label reads "dryctalpromazime"*
"At least they aren't barbed."

(07-13-2016, 08:50 PM)achroma Wrote: *the dart slides right out, and a label is on it. The label reads "dryctalpromazime"*

"...Hm. This chemical name seems... Familiar..."
// wait a minute. Didn't...

// Hm.

(07-13-2016, 09:00 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(07-13-2016, 08:50 PM)achroma Wrote: *the dart slides right out, and a label is on it. The label reads "dryctalpromazime"*

"...Hm. This chemical name seems... Familiar..."
// wait a minute. Didn't...

// Hm.

"Haven't heard of a thing. And it definitely wasn't in any medical book I own."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 07-13-2016

([Image: lUSe9tc.gif]

I kid)

(07-13-2016, 09:25 PM)achroma Wrote: "Haven't heard of a thing. And it definitely wasn't in any medical book I own."

"Well, I remember hearing the same chemical name somewhere before..."

// is no one else picking up on this?

(12-16-2015, 01:33 AM)Joeythomas Wrote: *the dart is filled with a bright red fluid and is labeled Dractylpromazine*

// one spelling correction later, and it's the same thing.
[Image: tinhat.jpg]

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Shaadaris - 07-14-2016

(07-13-2016, 11:55 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(07-13-2016, 09:25 PM)achroma Wrote: "Haven't heard of a thing. And it definitely wasn't in any medical book I own."

(12-16-2015, 01:33 AM)Joeythomas Wrote: *the dart is filled with a bright red fluid and is labeled Dractylpromazine*

Snip

[Image: illuminati-symbols-eye.jpg]

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 07-14-2016

Danu makes her way back towards the guardpost where the guard she had seen earlier talking to the intruders would have been dispatched from. This whole thing with the strange ship was troubling her some.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 07-14-2016

(07-13-2016, 11:55 PM)Umbra Wrote:

(12-16-2015, 01:33 AM)Umbra Wrote: *the dart is filled with a bright red fluid and is labeled Dractylpromazine*

[Image: tinhat.jpg]
"still doesn't ring a bell..."
//someone doesn't like people drawing inspiration from the past

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 07-14-2016

(07-14-2016, 01:36 AM)achroma Wrote: "still doesn't ring a bell..."

// no, you're confirming my suspicions.
"Eh, I guess it doesn't matter too much. I'll just collect them as evidence... Hold still."
Umbra starts taking the rest of the darts out.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 07-14-2016

(07-14-2016, 02:06 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(07-14-2016, 01:36 AM)achroma Wrote: "still doesn't ring a bell..."

// no, you're confirming my suspicions.
"Eh, I guess it doesn't matter too much. I'll just collect them as evidence... Hold still."
Umbra starts taking the rest of the darts out.

//doesn't really matter at this point, does it? You already know.
"Just a questio. what good are a bunch of blood needles as evidence?
*the kineptic winces as the darts are pulled out*

//if you would like to discuss this, send me a PM