Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Rahizel - 07-14-2016

(07-14-2016, 01:36 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: Danu makes her way back towards the guardpost where the guard she had seen earlier talking to the intruders would have been dispatched from. This whole thing with the strange ship was troubling her some.
*all 12 of them are standing in a cluster, out of their armor they're quite a diverse bunch, short ones tall ones, mostly skinny but the big bone one whispers "caaake"*
CAP:I think you offered me and my crew a chance to get a bit to eat and drink, I speak for all of us when I say I accept the offer.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 07-14-2016

(07-14-2016, 02:15 AM)Rahizel Wrote:
(07-14-2016, 01:36 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: Danu makes her way back towards the guardpost where the guard she had seen earlier talking to the intruders would have been dispatched from. This whole thing with the strange ship was troubling her some.
*all 12 of them are standing in a cluster, out of their armor they're quite a diverse bunch, short ones tall ones, mostly skinny but the big bone one whispers "caaake"*
CAP:I think you offered me and my crew a chance to get a bit to eat and drink, I speak for all of us when I say I accept the offer.

"Sorry, that was a limited time offer. You had more important things to do, and now the cake is gone- I've already eaten it without you."

She tries to walk past them to go to the regular section guardpost and see the commander in charge of the area

(07-14-2016, 02:37 AM)OdinYggd Wrote:
(07-14-2016, 02:15 AM)Rahizel Wrote: *all 12 of them are standing in a cluster, out of their armor they're quite a diverse bunch, short ones tall ones, mostly skinny but the big bone one whispers "caaake"*

"Sorry, that was a limited time offer. You had more important things to do, and now the cake is gone- I've already eaten it without you."

She tries to walk past them to go to the regular section guardpost and see the commander in charge of the area
*a collective "Awwwww" is let out by the group of fuzzballs, more than a few of them giving the "sad puppy" look*

C: Well if you come across anh more you'll let us know right?

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 07-14-2016

(07-14-2016, 02:14 AM)achroma Wrote: //doesn't really matter at this point, does it? You already know.
"Just a questio. what good are a bunch of blood needles as evidence?
*the kineptic winces as the darts are pulled out*

//if you would like to discuss this, send me a PM

"As I said, the compound name sounds familiar. If we can figure out where these came from, we could figure out more about who shot these at you and possibly why."

// heres a mental image, one human woman, surrounded by 12 hungry Avali pleading for a snack

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 07-14-2016

(07-14-2016, 02:55 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(07-14-2016, 02:14 AM)achroma Wrote: //doesn't really matter at this point, does it? You already know.
"Just a questio. what good are a bunch of blood needles as evidence?
*the kineptic winces as the darts are pulled out*

//if you would like to discuss this, send me a PM

"As I said, the compound name sounds familiar. If we can figure out where these came from, we could figure out more about who shot these at you and possibly why."
"I think I know a guy. He works at a chemical plant but, he very temperamental."
*the kineptic relaxes when all of the darts are out*

(07-14-2016, 02:41 AM)Rahizel Wrote:
(07-14-2016, 02:37 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: "Sorry, that was a limited time offer. You had more important things to do, and now the cake is gone- I've already eaten it without you."

*a collective "Awwwww" is let out by the group of fuzzballs, more than a few of them giving the "sad puppy" look*

"It comes from a bakery and ice cream shop in this sector of the station though. You can just go get some whenever they are open."  Danu smiles, seeing that at least they weren't monsters like some people who do questionable things end up becoming.

(07-14-2016, 12:59 PM)OdinYggd Wrote:
(07-14-2016, 02:41 AM)Rahizel Wrote: *a collective "Awwwww" is let out by the group of fuzzballs, more than a few of them giving the "sad puppy" look*

"It comes from a bakery and ice cream shop in this sector of the station though. You can just go get some whenever they are open."  Danu smiles, seeing that at least they weren't monsters like some people who do questionable things end up becoming.
C:Lead the way miss?

*it doesn't help that a lot of them are smiling wide enough to reveal the incredibly sharp teeth as they stare with big black eyes, feathery little sharks in a cluster*

*is making a visit to the station, covered head to toe in a new set of robes, limping a bit and emitting sounds of horrible creaking metal like a car being compacted but it's extremely muffled and almost undetectable until you get within two feet where it's suddenly deafening*

You're a needy Gryphon Remy, and I have no idea how you're still that portly after all the exercise and running around you do...

At least you're considered adorable and innocent.
*just walks along with his hand rubbing the Gryphon's neck*

*is just happily walking with Rahizel, swaying his hips a little bit as his pseudo mane of feathers fluff up*
Krrrrr~~

I really need to see if I can buy an old shuttle and scrap the reactor for parts... Keep an eye out.

(07-14-2016, 01:06 PM)Rahizel Wrote:
(07-14-2016, 12:59 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: "It comes from a bakery and ice cream shop in this sector of the station though. You can just go get some whenever they are open."  Danu smiles, seeing that at least they weren't monsters like some people who do questionable things end up becoming.
C:Lead the way miss?

*it doesn't help that a lot of them are smiling wide enough to reveal the incredibly sharp teeth as they stare with big black eyes, feathery little sharks in a cluster*

*is making a visit to the station, covered head to toe in a new set of robes, limping a bit and emitting sounds of horrible creaking metal like a car being compacted but it's extremely muffled and almost undetectable until you get within two feet where it's suddenly deafening*

You're a needy Gryphon Remy, and I have no idea how you're still that portly after all the exercise and running around you do...

*is just happily walking with Rahizel, swaying his hips a little bit as his pseudo mane of feathers fluff up*
Krrrrr~~

I really need to see if I can buy an old shuttle and scrap the reactor for parts... Keep an eye out.

//I see what's coming and I think its funny.

"I mean I had stuff to do this afternoon, but I guess I can be quick about it. This way." Danu leads them through the station corridors towards it, tapping at her phone a little along the way to ask the guardpost if they had anyone in the area she could talk to when they get there.

When they arrive, they find a colorful and lively shop in a row of merchants with the most wonderful of sweet smells drifting out every opening. cakes, candies, ice creams, baked goods, and even some specialty fruits were all for sale and at the prime of taste.

Danu goes inside and waves to the shopkeep, then sits at a table and orders a creation called The Forbidden City.

(07-14-2016, 04:26 PM)OdinYggd Wrote:
(07-14-2016, 01:06 PM)Rahizel Wrote: C:Lead the way miss?

Krrrrr~~

//I see what's coming and I think its funny.

"I mean I had stuff to do this afternoon, but I guess I can be quick about it. This way." Danu leads them through the station corridors towards it, tapping at her phone a little along the way to ask the guardpost if they had anyone in the area she could talk to when they get there.

When they arrive, they find a colorful and lively shop in a row of merchants with the most wonderful of sweet smells drifting out every opening. cakes, candies, ice creams, baked goods, and even some specialty fruits were all for sale and at the prime of taste.

Danu goes inside and waves to the shopkeep, then sits at a table and orders a creation called The Forbidden City.
*the group of fuzzballs follow Danu very closely, the big portly one chirps and rushes to the counter and the rest follow, moving like one organism*

Their menu was quite fascinating. Almost everything was themed to be something of cultural or historic significance, especially the dessert menu. Aside from the usual roster of sundaes and sweets, they had a special section of cake and ice cream combinations all named after landmarks on planets that were reachable from EDEN's portal system. Items like the Leaning tower of Piza, The Kremlin, and The Statue of Liberty, all sculpted out of fully edible materials.

A waitress brings Danu the Forbidden City she ordered. It was literally a sculpture of the earth landmark with the same name, constructed of chocolate bars and peanut butter cups on a frosted medium sized cake. From the looks of things it was meant to feed a family, although she seemed quite content to indulge in it by herself.

"Its delicious. The taste reminds me of home, and the servings are huge for the price tag~"

(07-14-2016, 04:47 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: Their menu was quite fascinating. Almost everything was themed to be something of cultural or historic significance, especially the dessert menu. Aside from the usual roster of sundaes and sweets, they had a special section of cake and ice cream combinations all named after landmarks on planets that were reachable from EDEN's portal system. Items like the Leaning tower of Piza, The Kremlin, and The Statue of Liberty, all sculpted out of fully edible materials.

A waitress brings Danu the Forbidden City she ordered. It was literally a sculpture of the earth landmark with the same name, constructed of chocolate bars and peanut butter cups on a frosted medium sized cake. From the looks of things it was meant to feed a family, although she seemed quite content to indulge in it by herself.

"Its delicious. The taste reminds me of home, and the servings are huge for the price tag~"

*much stares the really big boned one chuckles*
B: I like her style!
*the rest decide to order a sampler feast an taking 4 waiters to bring everything in one trip*
CAP: Well this is better than nutrient paste, begin!
*despite their size they prove to be voracious and messy eaters, each one able to snarf down a very surprising amount of food. Every now and then you see two grab the same plate and proceed to snarl and hiss at eachother menacingly until someone else puts a plate in one's hands. Not even their captain is above joining in what looks like a flurry of fluff and sweets*
// 12 hyper valis? Sounds like doom! Unless they go into food coma

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 07-15-2016

"Glad you're enjoying it. I can't resist this stuff myself. Had one of these earlier, and here I am having another only a few hours later."

"While you're here though, mind answering a few questions for me?"

She gets out some notes that she had collected after searching the station's database about reapers and charters and the story they gave.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Rahizel - 07-15-2016

(07-15-2016, 01:57 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: "Glad you're enjoying it. I can't resist this stuff myself. Had one of these earlier, and here I am having another only a few hours later."

"While you're here though, mind answering a few questions for me?"

She gets out some notes that she had collected after searching the station's database about reapers and charters and the story they gave.
*they seem rather busy with their food, 2 of them are already in a food coma and 3 are hissing and snarling over some cake, they definitely put the mess in mess hall but it's thankfully contained to their booth. The lieutenant looks rather drunken from too much tiramisu and stumbles towards Danu and sits next to her, she herself being a bit tall and skinny for an avali wears her crest as a cluster of long feathers with grey feathering dark green trim and black fluff*

Urp... I em qualified to answer yeeer, questuns!

(I'm telling you giving a bunch of avali all the sweets a few solid gold coins can buy will cause interesting things))

"What exactly is a reaper? I guess it wasn't obvious earlier what they are or why they do what they do."

Danu takes another bite of her cake.

(07-15-2016, 02:59 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: "What exactly is a reaper? I guess it wasn't obvious earlier what they are or why they do what they do."

*she eats a bit more of hers as well*
Reapers? Weaponized fear, secret police for the men of science. You need something to go away? You need to bring BACK something that got away, or if you need to destabilize an operation anywhere from a single ship to starting an interplanetary rebellion.

You petition the activation of a reaper, give it a prime directive, and shoot it as far away from you as you can.

*hiccups and pats her chest*

They have a penchant for dealing with the petitioner, as they usually ard asking for their own mess to be cleared up.

(07-15-2016, 03:05 AM)Rahizel Wrote:
(07-15-2016, 02:59 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: "What exactly is a reaper? I guess it wasn't obvious earlier what they are or why they do what they do."

*she eats a bit more of hers as well*
Reapers? Weaponized fear, secret police for the men of science. You need something to go away? You need to bring BACK something that got away, or if you need to destabilize an operation anywhere from a single ship to starting an interplanetary rebellion.

You petition the activation of a reaper, give it a prime directive, and shoot it as far away from you as you can.

They have a penchant for dealing with the petitioner, as they usually ard asking for their own mess to be cleared up.

"So are they a force of good? A force of evil? Or are they one of those that can be either, and you never really know whose side they are on."

Danu looks concerned already, they seemed very dangerous and were sort of hanging out there for some reason.

//I kind of expected Rahizel and Remy to show up. Surely they would know of this sugar shack...

(07-15-2016, 03:11 AM)OdinYggd Wrote:
(07-15-2016, 03:05 AM)Rahizel Wrote: *she eats a bit more of hers as well*

"So are they a force of good? A force of evil? Or are they one of those that can be either, and you never really know whose side they are on."

Danu looks concerned already, they seemed very dangerous and were sort of hanging out there for some reason.

They are dangerous, only a few exist, maybe 20 in the entire galaxy.

Each one can change history if pointed in the right direction. They aren't innately evil, they have no concept of good or bad for the most part, just cause and effect.

*the rest of the crew has been stuffed silly and is snoozing it off*

(07-15-2016, 03:24 AM)Rahizel Wrote:
(07-15-2016, 03:11 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: "So are they a force of good? A force of evil? Or are they one of those that can be either, and you never really know whose side they are on."

They are dangerous, only a few exist, maybe 20 in the entire galaxy.

Each one can change history if pointed in the right direction. They aren't innately evil, they have no concept of good or bad for the most part, just cause and effect.

"Shouldn't history be changed to be without them then? It sounds like they are really likely to get used by the wrong people and cause all kinds of problems."

"More to the point, how come a ship that looks like it was mid repair was suddenly flying around like it was taking aim at Woodport on the surface? Lots of people live there now, it would be really bad if there were any accidents."

(07-15-2016, 03:55 AM)OdinYggd Wrote:
(07-15-2016, 03:24 AM)Rahizel Wrote: They are dangerous, only a few exist, maybe 20 in the entire galaxy.

"Shouldn't history be changed to be without them then? It sounds like they are really likely to get used by the wrong people and cause all kinds of problems."

"More to the point, how come a ship that looks like it was mid repair was suddenly flying around like it was taking aim at Woodport on the surface? Lots of people live there now, it would be really bad if there were any accidents."

I can't tell you why, only that we have done unauthorized modifications to our ship so it can't happen again.

They're a necessary evil.

Ever hear of the RS-V Nanovirus? The one that literally turns organic tissue into synthetic tissue? Basically turns things into machines? Have you?