Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 08-08-2016

(08-08-2016, 02:06 AM)Rahizel Wrote:
(08-08-2016, 01:57 AM)achroma Wrote: //he'll be back

//*dramtic noise*
 *comes up behind and nuzzles the avali*
Awrk?
*an exceptionally scruffy and soft looking gryphon sits at their feet, eye to eye with them*

(08-08-2016, 02:05 AM)Surge Wrote: (we now have 2 robotic characters, and all the jakkai are cyborgs of some sort which has fun implications.)
// don't forget the annoying gryphon
(I severely would prefer to)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Rahizel - 08-08-2016

(08-08-2016, 02:10 AM)Surge Wrote:
(08-08-2016, 02:06 AM)Rahizel Wrote:  *comes up behind and nuzzles the avali*
Awrk?
*an exceptionally scruffy and soft looking gryphon sits at their feet, eye to eye with them*

// don't forget the annoying gryphon
(I severely would prefer to)
// oh good it's working

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Comito - 08-08-2016

(08-08-2016, 02:05 AM)Surge Wrote: (we now have 2 robotic characters, and all the jakkai are cyborgs of some sort which has fun implications.)

//Gregor's been a cyborg since his conception, though not for his whole life.

Gregor groans loudly, carrying a stronger electronic tone to his voice than usual.

"C-crap... Who a-are y-you? I g-g-gotta call th... the station..." The cybernetic Jakkai reaches for his radio, but finds that it is no longer there, having been burned off by the blast.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 08-08-2016

(08-08-2016, 01:23 AM)Rahizel Wrote:
(08-08-2016, 01:21 AM)achroma Wrote: "This went from bad to worse real quickly. Is the risk of cancer worth it? Probably not... Screw it, I can't let the jakki die.
*The Avali straps on a crude re breather and plunges into the clouds, gun raised and poised to shoot.*
"I swear to god, if you don't release the jakki, I'll lob the faulty grenades around here  like there's no tomorrow, and burn this forest to the ground!"
Your fuuuneraL.
*a deep growling but velvety voice speaks from behind*
Have fffun puking out your insides, nearest hospital is a loooong hike.

*the Avali Pulls Out of the cloud of radioactive steam and gaspes for air*
"Well, someone means business."
*the bounty hunter looks at remmy*
"What is that thing. More importantly, what does it want?

(08-08-2016, 10:34 AM)achroma Wrote:
(08-08-2016, 01:23 AM)Rahizel Wrote: Your fuuuneraL.
*a deep growling but velvety voice speaks from behind*
Have fffun puking out your insides, nearest hospital is a loooong hike.

*the Avali Pulls Out of the cloud of radioactive steam and gaspes for air*
*nibbles on an ear*

(08-08-2016, 10:38 AM)Rahizel Wrote:
(08-08-2016, 10:34 AM)achroma Wrote: *the Avali Pulls Out of the cloud of radioactive steam and gaspes for air*
*nibbles on an ear*  

"Ouch! I can feel pain you know. Leave before you die of radiation poisoning."
*the raptor steps back from the griffin, and begins to move to a safer distance.*
 "God, this is a going to take some time to clean up."
*the raptor begins to lob Gernades into the clouds, most of them not detonating*

(08-08-2016, 12:30 PM)achroma Wrote:
(08-08-2016, 10:38 AM)Rahizel Wrote: *nibbles on an ear*  

"Ouch! I can feel pain you know. Leave before you die of radiation poisoning."
*the raptor steps back from the griffin, and begins to move to a safer distance.*
 "God, this is a going to take some time to clean up."
*the raptor begins to lob Gernades into the clouds, most of them not detonating*
*folds back their ears and cowers, very gently tugging on the vali's tail*

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 08-08-2016

Suddenly the entire smoldering remains of the mech is covered in a downpour of fishy-smelling ice cold water that almost certainly came from a nearby lake!

Gregor can see a faint white glowing on the edge of the forest, someone else had come to help clean up the mess!

With cold water like that the mech would stop overheating, although it was too late to save the core it would at least remain inside the body of the unit well enough for the remains to be cut up and taken to proper disposal.

Whoever this was that had come to help, they were risking their life. The core had almost certainly breached containment and was giving off potentially lethal amounts of radiation.

(08-08-2016, 01:01 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: Suddenly the entire smoldering remains of the mech is covered in a downpour of fishy-smelling ice cold water that almost certainly came from a nearby lake!

Gregor can see a faint white glowing on the edge of the forest, someone else had come to help clean up the mess!

With cold water like that the mech would stop overheating, although it was too late to save the core it would at least remain inside the body of the unit well enough for the remains to be cut up and taken to proper disposal.

Whoever this was that had come to help, they were risking their life. The core had almost certainly breached containment and was giving off potentially lethal amounts of radiation.
*it would seem that the core burned a hole right through the mech, and through 30 feet of ground*

(08-08-2016, 02:44 PM)achroma Wrote:
(08-08-2016, 12:37 PM)Rahizel Wrote:  *folds back their ears and cowers, very gently tugging on the vali's tail*
*after throwing all of the Gernades the avali turns over towards the griffin*
"Don't bite my tail. I have an important meeting and I rather not be missing feathers."
*the bounty hunter looks around, begins to fallow remmy*
// no idea why you'd spam grenades but okay...
*goes deeper into the forest with surprising speed for their size and shape, an Avali would be hard pressed to keep up*

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 08-08-2016

(08-08-2016, 02:48 PM)Rahizel Wrote:
(08-08-2016, 02:44 PM)achroma Wrote: *after throwing all of the Gernades the avali turns over towards the griffin*
"Don't bite my tail. I have an important meeting and I rather not be missing feathers."
*goes deeper into the forest with surprising speed for their size and shape, an Avali would be hard pressed to keep up*  

//It is a small forest.  You can't go "deeper"  Only break out the other side into open plains-land.  Or fall into a river.

(08-08-2016, 02:50 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:
(08-08-2016, 02:48 PM)Rahizel Wrote: // no idea why you'd spam grenades but okay...

//It is a small forest.  You can't go "deeper"  Only break out the other side into open plains-land.  Or fall into a river.

// plains it is then

(08-08-2016, 02:48 PM)Rahizel Wrote:
(08-08-2016, 02:44 PM)achroma Wrote: *after throwing all of the Gernades the avali turns over towards the griffin*
*the Avali struggles to keep up*
"Where are you going? And slow down, I can't keep up!"

(08-08-2016, 02:53 PM)achroma Wrote:
(08-08-2016, 02:48 PM)Rahizel Wrote: // no idea why you'd spam grenades but okay...
*the Avali struggles to keep up*
*the gryphon stops, kneels, and folds their wings down and waits, head low but ears up*

(08-08-2016, 02:54 PM)Rahizel Wrote:
(08-08-2016, 02:53 PM)achroma Wrote: *the Avali struggles to keep up*
*the gryphon stops, kneels, and folds their wings down and waits, head low but ears up*  

*the raptor catches up, clearly exhausted*
"Thanks for waiting. Ide give you some food but i left it at the inn."
*the Avali sits down and begins to dig though it's satchel*

(08-08-2016, 01:29 PM)Rahizel Wrote:
(08-08-2016, 01:01 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: Suddenly the entire smoldering remains of the mech is covered in a downpour of fishy-smelling ice cold water that almost certainly came from a nearby lake!

*it would seem that the core burned a hole right through the mech, and through 30 feet of ground*

"There's no way it could still be moving! Without coolant it shouldn't be able to convert the core heat into electicity, and I'm pretty sure that glowing mass under it is the core itself. I've got to cool it off quickly so it stays where it is and can be retrieved."

Danu struggles to hold her defenses together against the radiation as she continues to soak the molten ball and surrounding earth with water to carry away the tremendous heat being given off and stop it from burning any further.

Already the area was badly contaminated and would have to be completely terraformed to restore its natural beauty.

When the burnt out mech runs off, she stays behind to continue her focus on the core. If she could get cooled off enough the reaction should eventually stop and just leave a mass of radioactive slag that could be scooped up by a robotic bulldozer.

(08-08-2016, 04:07 PM)OdinYggd Wrote:
(08-08-2016, 01:29 PM)Rahizel Wrote: *it would seem that the core burned a hole right through the mech, and through 30 feet of ground*

"There's no way it could still be moving! Without coolant it shouldn't be able to convert the core heat into electicity, and I'm pretty sure that glowing mass under it is the core itself. I've got to cool it off quickly so it stays where it is and can be retrieved."

Danu struggles to hold her defenses together against the radiation as she continues to soak the molten ball and surrounding earth with water to carry away the tremendous heat being given off and stop it from burning any further.

Already the area was badly contaminated and would have to be completely terraformed to restore its natural beauty.

When the burnt out mech runs off, she stays behind to continue her focus on the core. If she could get cooled off enough the reaction should eventually stop and just leave a mass of radioactive slag that could be scooped up by a robotic bulldozer.
// the core, the hot radioactive lump of metal, nothing is moving

//If I am reading it correctly, the mecha itself ran away even though without its core it shouldn't have any power. Either way, I'm calling it here- you went too far by dumping the core into the environment. We now have catastrophic radiation levels and must abandon the village. That core needs to stay inside the mecha and be cooled off by Danu's efforts with the water so that this mess can be cleaned up without resorting to god powers.

(08-08-2016, 04:20 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: //If I am reading it correctly, the mecha itself ran away even though without its core it shouldn't have any power. Either way, I'm calling it here- you went too far by dumping the core into the environment. We now have catastrophic radiation levels and must abandon the village. That core needs to stay inside the mecha and be cooled off by Danu's efforts with the water so that this mess can be cleaned up without resorting to god powers.
// something else ran off with Gregor, the mech is scrap metal. Read it right.
// the core was miniscule, a penny's worth of uranium, and the core dump procedure works as intended and buried the thing deep enough to be unable to irradiate the surface. You like most people greatly overestimate nuclear reactor's destructive power, as there was only a brief flash of radiation as it went critical, and it now lies inert 30 feet below ground

(08-08-2016, 04:24 PM)Rahizel Wrote:
(08-08-2016, 04:20 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: //If I am reading it correctly, the mecha itself ran away even though without its core it shouldn't have any power. Either way, I'm calling it here- you went too far by dumping the core into the environment. We now have catastrophic radiation levels and must abandon the village. That core needs to stay inside the mecha and be cooled off by Danu's efforts with the water so that this mess can be cleaned up without resorting to god powers.
// something else ran off with Gregor, the mech is scrap metal. Read it right.
// the core was miniscule, a penny's worth of uranium, and the core dump procedure works as intended and buried the thing deep enough to be unable to irradiate the surface. You like most people greatly overestimate nuclear reactor's destructive power, as there was only a brief flash of radiation as it went critical, and it now lies inert 30 feet below ground

//That's not how nuclear materials work, period. Firstoff, you need at minimum a baseball sized mass of highly concentrated nuclear material to make it work at all, and that's using Plutonium which is even more reactive than Uranium. To do it with Uranium you end up with over a ton of the stuff to even have a chance.

//Secondly, a critical mass can and will give off lethal amounts of radiation in the blink of an eye. Even a subcritical assembly can give off deadly doses with almost trivial provocations.

//30 feet is not nearly deep enough to shield a core. It would have to be buried more along the lines of 3000 feet deep in a concrete and lead lined vault that could tolerate every conceivable disaster scenario known to mankind to actually stay safe.

//We need to retcon this back to where the mecha was overheating but hadn't yet ejected its core. Otherwise Achroma Comito and I all face dead characters due to lethal radiation exposure, and the town would have to be evacuated due to contamination.