Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 08-13-2016

(08-13-2016, 08:42 PM)Surge Wrote: (he was kind of important)

(Did it leave? Or is it MIA?)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 08-13-2016

(he needed a break)

(08-13-2016, 08:43 PM)I\m Surge Wrote: (he needed a break)

( the quickest reply ever /\ )

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 08-13-2016

(08-13-2016, 08:45 PM)achroma Wrote:
(08-13-2016, 08:43 PM)I\m Surge Wrote: (he needed a break)

( the quickest reply ever /\ )

(I move fast)

(08-13-2016, 08:45 PM)Surge Wrote:
(08-13-2016, 08:45 PM)achroma Wrote: ( the quickest reply ever /\ )

(I move fast)

( Eyebrow Waggle)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Rahizel - 08-13-2016

// I'll get things going in a bit

(08-13-2016, 08:48 PM)Rahizel Wrote: // I'll get things going in a bit

//I tried to by introducing a new area.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 08-14-2016

(08-13-2016, 01:30 AM)achroma Wrote: Woodstock

// excuse me? Are you calling the residents of Woodport hippies?

Some of the areas in Woodport have been becoming a lot less lively recently. The outbreak in unusual events seems to have drawn residents more towards the center of the city as opposed to the forest areas, which have seen a lot of strange happenings in the past few weeks...

Umbra arrives back on the surface after a few weeks on the Eden.
Well... Back to the grind, I guess... I'm actually kind of surprised that there hasn't been any signs of that Remnant recently. Maybe it's all died down?...
A certain yellow-eyed Glitch gets off the same transport.
Well, at least it is nicer down here than I expected...

A shadowy figure darts through the forest, watching the streets from the shadows made by the bushes and trees. It appears to be looking for something... Or someone.

// Right, sorry about that looooong break. I was in Arkansas for two weeks, had a week of nothing where I decided to play Starbound, then walked my feet raw for a week at a summer camp. Again, you don't have to all stay super silent while I'm "gone". Most if not all of you are good at self-checking for things that could be potentially unacceptable, and I'm sure Odin and Surge are capable of keeping tabs on things if there has to always be a "supervisor".

// Also, relating to the mech fire and all that, try and keep what would be classified as "public disturbances" (or worse) a bit farther away from the towns if possible. Drones having target practice on a mech in the woods tends to freak out the residents in the town nearby, causing them to hang around the areas they happen in a lot less often (hence the withdrawal of people from the outskirts of town, where most of these things have been happening).

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 08-14-2016

*a train pulls up to the station, void of any life, and smells faintly of sulphur. The outsides of the car are smother with dust, but the insides show no signs of trouble. The locomotive is cool to the toutch, as if it just started. The freight cars are locked up tight, and shows no indication of tamperage. And the Novakid conductor is slumped over on the controls. Perhaps some investigation is required.*

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 08-14-2016

//I'm trying to encourage interaction. Am I doing something wrong? And I am aware that the mech situation is still being wrapped up.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 08-14-2016

(honestly I'm just not up for any RP right now except for my standing obligations)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 08-15-2016

//I just GMed two DnD sessions in a row after spending about 20 hours over the previous four days building them, so I'm on cooldown after that.

Nexus RP: Rebirth - Rahizel - 08-15-2016

//MEANWHILE IN SPESS
*the crew of the Cursor is looking extremely frustrated and tense, the dividing lines between the 3 packs are starting to show as they finally leave their ship to squabble in front of their docking port*
Captain: That ship is 2 weeks late for our rendezvous!
A: Shouldn't we report in to central command?
*the short "snowball" of a captain comes right up to Avali A and bares his teeth*
Captain: Our orders are to sit tight and await rendevous or further instructions, Rikari(Avali C) has a direct link to our deep range coms so if anything, anything comes up we'll know.

*meanwhile something with an equally intense heat signature as the nearest star splits off from its silhouette and approaches at mind numbingly high speeds*

Rikari: Captain, we got an incoming contact that just exited the backdrop of the local star, it's moving at incredible speed right towards us, decelerating and starting to split into distinct signatures.

Captain: We were expecting a small flotilla, can you confirm the thrust signatures?

Rikari: *the jet black avali with maroon stripes stares into space and holds her fingers to her right temple, which on each side has small black linkup ports, the eyes look extensively augmented as well* They're ours, 12 logistics tugs, 8 corvette class 4 light frigate, 1 cruiser class, most likely Foreman designation. Moving at an impressive 24 kilometers a second... Aaaand they're all in a haphazard formation towing massive fragments of-
*she just stops talking as her expression contorts with shock and horror. Suddenly the cluster passes within 5 kilometers from the station in a blur, which coincides with a band of the station being bombarded with an exorbitant amount of radio waves and enough high energy communications transmissions to completely short out some personal wireless communication devices and overload many other wireless devices and knock out some station systems in the 15 meter wide line. Rikari's cranial augs sparking and her keeling over to the right screaming in agony*

A: Rikari! *rushes over with the other two members of his pack and looks her over Her eyes are bulging, ears bleeding, lips curled back, and cranial augs emitting gray smoke as she has a seizure* Captain get her some help she's being fried by her link to the ship!

*meanwhile the cluster of vessels can be seen in the distance entering the upper atmosphere as a brilliant streak of light, and a very observant individual could hear footsteps on the hull as the power cycles back on. Footsteps on the outside of the station*

// took a long time to write

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 08-15-2016

(08-15-2016, 12:16 PM)Rahizel Wrote: Snip [Image: 1232013519_278_46edf5dd83674.gif]
*meanwhile the cluster of vessels can be seen in the distance entering the upper atmosphere as a brilliant streak of light, and a very observant individual could hear footsteps on the hull as the power cycles back on. Footsteps on the outside of the station*

Guards throughout the station are starting to get nervous.

- Guard HQ -
The Sergeant is rudely interrupted from building a model freighter by his office door being slammed open by a frantic-looking Glitch in basic uniform.
"What's the matter?"
"Sir, we temporarily lost contact with the same section of the starport occupied by those Avali. Guards around the area are reporting sounds of footsteps outside the station."
"Outside the station?"
"Yes, sir. Along the exterior."
The Sergeant puts down his model-building tools and sits back down, thinking.
"...How is the Mark Three suit coming along? Any word on that?"
"Unfinished. The engineer in charge of its development is currently on a short vacation."
"I see..."
The Sergeant taps his fingers on his desk.
"...I need to make a call. Tell the Guards to clear civilians from the area and keep an eye out for possible breaches."
"Yes, sir." The Glitch hurries off and shuts the door behind him.
The Sergeant picks up a phone and dials.
"Hello?... Yes, this is who you think it i-... Lucas, I don't have time to catch up! I need your help."

// by the way, Rahizel...

(08-14-2016, 12:03 AM)Umbra Wrote: A shadowy figure darts through the forest, watching the streets from the shadows made by the bushes and trees. It appears to be looking for something... Or someone.

// That was somewhat aimed at a certain reaper hiding in the same area.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 08-15-2016

([Image: IIYlYdA.gif]
we're on the move again lads)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 08-15-2016

//Okay I'm back on the line. Was away for the past 5 days driving a 100 year old steam engine at a showground.

The people affected by the mecha incident were treated and sent on their way.

Danu was nearby when the odd looking train came into the station. "Huh. I didn't know woodport even had a train station. Was under the impression that everyone just used the shuttles to get where they were going."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 08-15-2016

(08-15-2016, 03:42 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: //Okay I'm back on the line. Was away for the past 5 days driving a 100 year old steam engine at a showground.

The people affected by the mecha incident were treated and sent on their way.

Danu was nearby when the odd looking train came into the station. "Huh. I didn't know woodport even had a train station. Was under the impression that everyone just used the shuttles to get where they were going."
*the Novakid slides off the controls and lands with a thud on the platform. Clearly something is going on.*
"What? Where am I... The cargo!."
*the Novakid grabs a bolt cutter from the janitors closet and begins to work away at the locks*
*the bounty hunter quietly enters the station, and watches from a distance.*

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Rahizel - 08-15-2016

(08-15-2016, 03:23 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(08-15-2016, 12:16 PM)Rahizel Wrote: Snip [Image: 1232013519_278_46edf5dd83674.gif]

Guards throughout the station are starting to get nervous.

- Guard HQ -
The Sergeant is rudely interrupted from building a model freighter by his office door being slammed open by a frantic-looking Glitch in basic uniform.
"What's the matter?"
"Sir, we temporarily lost contact with the same section of the starport occupied by those Avali. Guards around the area are reporting sounds of footsteps outside the station."
"Outside the station?"
"Yes, sir. Along the exterior."
The Sergeant puts down his model-building tools and sits back down, thinking.
"...How is the Mark Three suit coming along? Any word on that?"
"Unfinished. The engineer in charge of its development is currently on a short vacation."
"I see..."
The Sergeant taps his fingers on his desk.
"...I need to make a call. Tell the Guards to clear civilians from the area and keep an eye out for possible breaches."
"Yes, sir." The Glitch hurries off and shuts the door behind him.
The Sergeant picks up a phone and dials.
"Hello?... Yes, this is who you think it i-... Lucas, I don't have time to catch up! I need your help."

// by the way, Rahizel...

(08-14-2016, 12:03 AM)Umbra Wrote: A shadowy figure darts through the forest, watching the streets from the shadows made by the bushes and trees. It appears to be looking for something... Or someone.

// That was somewhat aimed at a certain reaper hiding in the same area.

*seems to be in the area somewhere judging by the disturbance in the aura of magic, very discrete but there*

*Rikari can be seen seizing on the floor, one of her pack rushes into the ship and just pulls the plug on the main generator to stop transmission, she then just goes limp and comatose*
Captain: What the hell puts out enough energy in a split second to break through every damn failsafe at once?
*meanwhile the footsteps are revealed to be from a very overzealous cleaning bot that finished the ship and has moved onto part of the station that its docked with, polishing it to a dangerously bright shine*

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 08-15-2016

(08-15-2016, 03:46 PM)achroma Wrote: *the Novakid slides off the controls and lands with a thud on the platform. Clearly something is going on.*
*the Novakid grabs a bolt cutter from the janitors closet and begins to work away at the locks*

Syntax nervously makes his way through the crowd and eventually sees the train and the Novakid.
What is going on over there?
He curiously starts making his way towards the station, but keeps his distance.
It seems to have caught Umbra's attention as well.

(08-15-2016, 04:52 PM)Rahizel Wrote: *seems to be in the area somewhere judging by the disturbance in the aura of magic, very discrete but there*  

*Rikari can be seen seizing on the floor, one of her pack rushes into the ship and just pulls the plug on the main generator to stop transmission, she then just goes limp and comatose*
Captain: What the hell puts out enough energy in a split second to break through every damn failsafe at once?
*meanwhile the footsteps are revealed to be from a very overzealous cleaning bot that finished the ship and has moved onto part of the station that its docked with, polishing it to a dangerously bright shine*

The dark figure is definitely giving off some sort of energy, but it's twisted and... Unearthly. Even those who can't sense magic would feel a little uncomfortable. It seems to have seen what it's looking for and slowly skulks through the bushes, stalking its target.

- Sarge's Office, Again -
"...A robot? Oh, good. Thank you for-..." The Sergeant sighs. "Yes, thank you, Lucas. It's my job to be slightly paranoid."
He puts down the phone and lets a groan by, leaning back in his chair.
All these damn false alarms... Got to feel sorry for the actual Guardsmen. What with this rise in crime...

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 08-15-2016

(08-15-2016, 06:00 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(08-15-2016, 03:46 PM)achroma Wrote: *the Novakid slides off the controls and lands with a thud on the platform. Clearly something is going on.*

Syntax nervously makes his way through the crowd and eventually sees the train and the Novakid.
What is going on over there?
He curiously starts making his way towards the station, but keeps his distance.
It seems to have caught Umbra's attention as well.
*all of the freight cars are empty, which doesn't help the Novakids mood, and when it notices that all of the cars are empty, it begins to freak out.*
"This can't be happening. This can't be..."
*on closer inspection, the Novakids brand is riddled with dents*