Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 08-17-2016

(08-16-2016, 10:26 PM)achroma Wrote:
(08-16-2016, 09:52 PM)Umbra Wrote: "...What?"

"H̸ḿph.̴ Ṕath́et͢i̡c̶."
It leaps onto the back of the train, clamping on with a set of vicious black claws.

"... You don't know do you? We will discuss this later. I'll take care of the Novakid, you take care of that."
*the bounty hunter points through the doors window at the shade*
"You never get a break, do you?"
*the raptor pushes through the door towards the steam engin*

Danu had managed to get aboard too as the train pulled away, managing to step up near the handbrakes of a few of the freight cars. Setting the handbrakes might slow the train down at least, but more likely the cars would just skid down the rails and be damaged. She'd have to climb over the car tops to the locomotive to try and talk to the driver.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 08-17-2016

(08-17-2016, 12:18 PM)OdinYggd Wrote:
(08-16-2016, 10:26 PM)achroma Wrote: "... You don't know do you? We will discuss this later. I'll take care of the Novakid, you take care of that."
*the bounty hunter points through the doors window at the shade*
"You never get a break, do you?"
*the raptor pushes through the door towards the steam engin*

Danu had managed to get aboard too as the train pulled away, managing to step up near the handbrakes of a few of the freight cars. Setting the handbrakes might slow the train down at least, but more likely the cars would just skid down the rails and be damaged. She'd have to climb over the car tops to the locomotive to try and talk to the driver.

*the train appears to be aproching a station, and and would arrive soon. the driver is knocked out cold, and tied up to one of the seats*
"... What? Again?!"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Rahizel - 08-17-2016

// where the fuck did a train come from?

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Shaadaris - 08-17-2016

(08-17-2016, 04:46 PM)Rahizel Wrote: // where the fuck did a train come from?

((I imagine the train tracks, unless it happens to be of Novakid origin.))

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 08-17-2016

(08-17-2016, 11:37 AM)achroma Wrote: //the knife is indeed metal
"Get it to the last car! I have an idea!"
*the Avali lunges at the "remnant" carefuly attempting to drive if back*
"Can you survive a Explosion!?"

"I... Don't think we need to resort to explosions. I mean, come on, it has one arm now."
The dark construct lunges at Umbra, resulting in its remaining arm getting severed by a counterattack. "͟R̢rg̀h́!̕.͠..̢ T҉his ͟is̢n͡'t ͘o͞ver͢!"͞
"I think it is, actually." Umbra forcefully pushes it back towards the armed Avali with a blow in the chest from the staff end of his glaive.

(08-17-2016, 11:38 AM)Rahizel Wrote: // what's all this about a train?

(08-14-2016, 12:31 AM)achroma Wrote: *a train pulls up to the station, void of any life, and smells faintly of sulphur. The outsides of the car are smother with dust, but the insides show no signs of trouble. The locomotive is cool to the toutch, as if it just started. The freight cars are locked up tight, and shows no indication of tamperage. And the Novakid conductor is slumped over on the controls. Perhaps some investigation is required.*

// Novakids apparently are a thing, now too. I'll take it, though- it makes sense that at least one other Starbound race would find their way here after the Glitch.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 08-17-2016

Laying down the requested paperwork at the guard office, his work for the day was completed.  One more dirty guard who was leaking info soon to be snubbed out.  He may not have been as good as his sister at lifting.  But at least he was good enough to fulfill this type of thing without having to make any more of a scene than usual.  Stepping out to his sister on the street, lit tracking band on her left leg. 

Although he'd managed to worm his way into getting Zeureis from a cell, he was still left doing community service as part of his own agreement.  "A sign of good will, and proof that such activity would not continue."  He'd called it...  How was he to know if it was true or not?  He couldn't, but at least she wasn't stuck in a cell for the next three plus months.

Zeurei shivered slightly, as he'd stepped out.  Whoever had followed him wasn't anymore, he knew that, but really, he wondered why they'd bothered to follow him at all.  Well, at least they were paying him as a civilian consultant.  His arms tingled slightly for a moment, but he pushed the thoughts of past happenings aside as he greeted his sister with a wave and a nod. 

It was about time to check out the library on local news, see if he could figure out anything about the train station situation without actually going there.  Being quite tired of things happening, after the situation at the main square in town he'd avoided Umbra and Danu both.   They seemed to be magnets for trouble after all, even if they seemed like good folk and were some of the only people around to really engage in anything beyond talks of business...  Maybe he should check in with them anyways.

(08-17-2016, 07:17 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(08-17-2016, 11:37 AM)achroma Wrote: //the knife is indeed metal
"Get it to the last car! I have an idea!"
*the Avali lunges at the "remnant" carefuly attempting to drive if back*
"Can you survive a Explosion!?"

"I... Don't think we need to resort to explosions. I mean, come on, it has one arm now."
The dark construct lunges at Umbra, resulting in its remaining arm getting severed by a counterattack. "͟R̢rg̀h́!̕.͠..̢ T҉his ͟is̢n͡'t ͘o͞ver͢!"͞
"I think it is, actually." Umbra forcefully pushes it back towards the armed Avali with a blow in the chest from the staff end of his glaive.

(08-17-2016, 11:38 AM)Rahizel Wrote: // what's all this about a train?

(08-14-2016, 12:31 AM)achroma Wrote: *a train pulls up to the station, void of any life, and smells faintly of sulphur. The outsides of the car are smother with dust, but the insides show no signs of trouble. The locomotive is cool to the toutch, as if it just started. The freight cars are locked up tight, and shows no indication of tamperage. And the Novakid conductor is slumped over on the controls. Perhaps some investigation is required.*

// Novakids apparently are a thing, now too. I'll take it, though- it makes sense that at least one other Starbound race would find their way here after the Glitch.

*the raptor slashes at the throat of the being*
"Got it. No explosives."
*the room begins to smell of cleaning supplies*

(08-17-2016, 08:15 PM)achroma Wrote: *the raptor slashes at the throat of the being*
"Got it. No explosives."

It's a hit.
The construct slouches over. "Hh̢.̢.. I...̧ ̵W̕o͟n̛'t҉ ̛g̷i̸ve̕ ́up..̀.̨"
It dissolves like its arms did, the crystals on its shoulders shattering into colorless shards.
Umbra 'phases' back. "Well... Guess that's over with... So, uh, where is this train even heading?"

(08-17-2016, 08:20 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(08-17-2016, 08:15 PM)achroma Wrote: *the raptor slashes at the throat of the being*
"Got it. No explosives."

It's a hit.
It dissolves like its arms did, the crystals on its shoulders shattering into colorless shards.
Umbra 'phases' back. "Well... Guess that's over with... So, uh, where is this train even heading?"
*the avali slides the knife into a leg holster and slides back into a chair*
"Goldfield. I have an important meeting with the mayor regarding some... Issues. So what bring you on this train?"
*the train begins to decelerate, and begins its final aproch on the station*

// i still don't understand how we suddenly have gasbag people and suddenly have fucking railways. If I introduce freaking ponex will that be approved on the same grounds?

(08-17-2016, 08:42 PM)achroma Wrote:
(08-17-2016, 08:20 PM)Umbra Wrote: It's a hit.
*the avali slides the knife into a leg holster and slides back into a chair*
"Goldfield. I have an important meeting with the mayor regarding some... Issues. So what bring you on this train?"

*something violently and briefly tears into the side of a traincar*

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 08-17-2016

(The setting is explicitly structured so that any species or character can be introduced with minimal fuss. Much as I think exceptional cases call for exceptional reactions that would be making an exception in and of itself)
Edit: weird autocorrect typo)

(08-17-2016, 08:42 PM)achroma Wrote: *the avali slides the knife into a leg holster and slides back into a chair*

"Oh, uh, that Novakid just seemed a bit shady, so I-"

(08-17-2016, 09:01 PM)Rahizel Wrote: // i still don't understand how we suddenly have gasbag people and suddenly have fucking railways. If I introduce freaking ponex will that be approved on the same grounds?

// firstly, why would you, and probably not.
// secondly, I already said it was okay. We already have Glitch, so it makes sense that at least one other (vanilla) Starbound race would find their way here.
// finally, I'm not (usually) one to say 'no' to ideas, and it's a bit late to retcon what achroma started anyway. Besides, I was eventually going to introduce a new town or two to direct less attention towards this one town that some people seem to want to ruin.
// I'm not seeing what your issue is, considering you introduced killer cyborgs and a group of Avali that's alerted the head of the Guard twice and are now complaining about trains and Novakids existing.

'-Holy shit!" Umbra draws and fumbles his gun for a second before getting a firm, two-handed grip on it.

(08-17-2016, 11:02 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(08-17-2016, 08:42 PM)achroma Wrote: *the avali slides the knife into a leg holster and slides back into a chair*

(08-17-2016, 09:01 PM)Rahizel Wrote: // i still don't understand how we suddenly have gasbag people and suddenly have fucking railways. If I introduce freaking ponex will that be approved on the same grounds?

// secondly, I already said it was okay. We already have Glitch, so it makes sense that at least one other (vanilla) Starbound race would find their way here.
// finally, I'm not (usually) one to say 'no' to ideas, and it's a bit late to retcon what achroma started anyway. Besides, I was eventually going to introduce a new town or two to direct less attention towards this one town that some people seem to want to ruin.
// I'm not seeing what your issue is, considering you introduced killer cyborgs and a group of Avali that's alerted the head of the Guard twice and are now complaining about trains and Novakids existing.

'-Holy shit!" Umbra draws and fumbles his gun for a second before getting a firm, two-handed grip on it.

// that hasn't actually killed anyone yet

(08-17-2016, 11:02 PM)Umbra Wrote:

'-Holy shit!" Umbra draws and fumbles his gun for a second before getting a firm, two-handed grip
*the Avali falls of of its seat, and and lands flat on the ground*
"Do these kind of things happen often in woodport?"
*the bounty hunter lifts itself off the ground and draws it's knife*

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Rahizel - 08-18-2016

(08-17-2016, 11:19 PM)achroma Wrote:
(08-17-2016, 11:02 PM)Umbra Wrote: "Oh, uh, that Novakid just seemed a bit shady, so I-"

'-Holy shit!" Umbra draws and fumbles his gun for a second before getting a firm, two-handed grip
*the Avali falls of of its seat, and and lands flat on the ground*
*something is on the roof of the car, claw marks are formed but theres no telling what is causing them*

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 08-18-2016

(08-17-2016, 11:15 PM)Rahizel Wrote: // that hasn't actually killed anyone yet

// neither has any of achroma's characters (well, nobody that wasn't his own character).

(08-17-2016, 11:19 PM)achroma Wrote: *the Avali falls of of its seat, and and lands flat on the ground*

"Unfortunately, yes. There's been so many weird things happening lately that a lot of people are moving closer to the center. It's safer there. Unfortunately for me and the other Guards on the outer ring..." Umbra shifts a little. "...Someone has to hold the outer line. Otherwise it'd be even crazier."

(08-18-2016, 12:09 AM)Rahizel Wrote: *something is on the roof of the car, claw marks are formed but theres no telling what is causing them*

"Stay close to me. Spreading out could kill us both." Umbra activates his hardlight shield, just in case.

(08-18-2016, 02:17 AM)Umbra Wrote:

// neither has any of achroma's characters (well, nobody that wasn't his own character).

(08-17-2016, 11:19 PM)achroma Wrote: *the Avali falls of of its seat, and and lands flat on the ground*

"Unfortunately, yes. There's been so many weird things happening lately that a lot of people are moving closer to the center. It's safer there. Unfortunately for me and the other Guards on the outer ring..." Umbra shifts a little. "...Someone has to hold the outer line. Otherwise it'd be even crazier."

(08-18-2016, 12:09 AM)Rahizel Wrote: *something is on the roof of the car, claw marks are formed but theres no telling what is causing them*

"Stay close to me. Spreading out could kill us both." Umbra activates his hardlight shield, just in case.
*the shield quickly starts to crack and crumble the moment it's activated, the lights start to dim, and the air grows hot*

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 08-18-2016

(08-18-2016, 02:17 AM)Umbra Wrote:

(08-18-2016, 12:09 AM)Rahizel Wrote:  *something is on the roof of the car, claw marks are formed but theres no telling what is causing them*

"Sounds like you never get a break. You must have seen some pretty intense shit over there." The Avali fallows closely, and monitors the doors of the car.

(08-18-2016, 02:23 AM)Rahizel Wrote:
(08-18-2016, 02:17 AM)Umbra Wrote: // neither has any of achroma's characters (well, nobody that wasn't his own character).

*the shield quickly starts to crack and crumble the moment it's activated, the lights start to dim, and the air grows hot*
"That can't be good. Not in the slightest. Probably be a good idea to leave the car."
The raptor begins to panic slightly.

(08-18-2016, 02:24 AM)achroma Wrote:
(08-18-2016, 02:17 AM)Umbra Wrote: // neither has any of achroma's characters (well, nobody that wasn't his own character).

"Sounds like you never get a break. You must have seen some pretty intense shit over there." The Avali fallows closely, and monitors the doors of the car.

(08-18-2016, 02:23 AM)Rahizel Wrote: *the shield quickly starts to crack and crumble the moment it's activated, the lights start to dim, and the air grows hot*
"That can't be good. Not in the slightest. Probably be a good idea to leave the car."
The raptor begins to panic slightly.
*there's silence for a moment, then the entity walks onwards towards the front*

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 08-18-2016

(08-18-2016, 02:23 AM)Rahizel Wrote: *the shield quickly starts to crack and crumble the moment it's activated, the lights start to dim, and the air grows hot*

"What-"
Umbra tries to reactivate it. Nothing happens.
"Great... Guess that leaves hardlight out of the question..."

(08-18-2016, 02:30 AM)Rahizel Wrote: *there's silence for a moment, then the entity walks onwards towards the front*

Umbra cocks his gun.
"Who are you and what do you want? I- I don't want trouble!"