Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 08-22-2016

(08-22-2016, 03:20 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(08-22-2016, 12:52 AM)achroma Wrote: "It's limbs where frozen whilst on the train, which you where the only cryomancer on the train at said time. Don't play stupid, your wasting my time. don't make me consider just throwing you into jail. I'm giving you one last chance, solve the case or Serve your time."

Meanwhile at the front desk
"Sir, you can't do that. Come back up here before I call the Gaurds. And trust me, neither of us want that."

"Ugh... Fine, it's technically not my field, but I'll solve the damn case. You could just ask nicely instead of threatening me with jail time with a crime I didn't commit, you know..."
Umbra turns to face the Novakid.
"Did you see who froze you? I was only in one car while the train was moving, so..."

Danu speaks up here.

"There had to have been someone else aboard the train that attacked him as well. But if anything, the novakid is the cause of the whole accident, because of his impatience and frustration. I was trying to help him and thought it best to call the guards right then, but he said not to because they'd give him a hard time."

"I'm not sure who it was that attacked him once the train was moving, but I did see someone murdered on the train before it departed Woodport, and managed to get on board to try and make sense of what I had just seen. By the time I reached the engine he had already been attacked, and the train was running without anyone at the controls- it could have caused a major accident if it hadn't been stopped."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 08-22-2016

(08-22-2016, 05:08 AM)Surge Wrote: Surge shrugs
"I could simply delete the data 2 hours from now if it'd make you feel better.

// I'll type it up tomorrow- it's late here, and the story might end up being kinda long.
// yes, State and Syntax have character development. The Sergeant is going to have some too at some point. Hell, even the Remnant is going to have a more involved backstory by the time his arc is complete.

(08-22-2016, 05:20 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: Danu speaks up here.

"There had to have been someone else aboard the train that attacked him as well. But if anything, the novakid is the cause of the whole accident, because of his impatience and frustration. I was trying to help him and thought it best to call the guards right then, but he said not to because they'd give him a hard time."

"I'm not sure who it was that attacked him once the train was moving, but I did see someone murdered on the train before it departed Woodport, and managed to get on board to try and make sense of what I had just seen. By the time I reached the engine he had already been attacked, and the train was running without anyone at the controls- it could have caused a major accident if it hadn't been stopped."

Umbra sighs with relief. "Thanks, Danu."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 08-22-2016

(08-22-2016, 03:20 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(08-22-2016, 12:52 AM)achroma Wrote: "It's limbs where frozen whilst on the train, which you where the only cryomancer on the train at said time. Don't play stupid, your wasting my time. don't make me consider just throwing you into jail. I'm giving you one last chance, solve the case or Serve your time."

"Sir, you can't do that. Come back up here before I call the Gaurds. And trust me, neither of us want that."

"Ugh... Fine, it's technically not my field, but I'll solve the damn case. You could just ask nicely instead of threatening me with jail time with a crime I didn't commit, you know..."
"Did you see who froze you? I was only in one car while the train was moving, so..."

The mysterious figure turns its head slowly.
The receptionist would hear dozens of mad whispers as the purple rhombus on its face metaphorically cuts into her very being.
"̦̭͟T̳̤̩͍̠̯̦h͍̱e͚͠ ̢̮͎̲͇̜̖Ǵ͎̦̝̭̖͕̹u͏ͅa͎͖̭͖r͙d͕͔͈͓̻̟ͅs̙̗ͅ ̪ḍ̛̬̼̩o̺̥͖n̟͟'̟͍̫t̸̥̤̤ ̡̠ͅe̱̝̩̥̟͍i̞̻̦̬͍t̠h̩̬̦͞e͘r҉.̜̼̻̳ ̢̮̭̟̜̪̠͙S̸̖̰͕it͇̩͍̳͟ ̴̪̠̬̩d͎̬͈̘̥̣o͓̥̖̭͇͜w̯̱̩͎n̨̗̦͙̹.̀ ͉͈͎̭͇R̦̘̜̩͞ę̤̩͓̗͚l̬͈̯̰̻̖àx͖̗͓̹̗̯.̙̩̖͘ ͓̱̲̮͞I҉̤̯͈͍t̲̘̥͎͝ ̴̦w̲͚̙̙̗̯̼i̧̬̳̻͈̳̣l̴͙̝l͏ ͎a̪͎̫̪͎͝l̪͉͕̝̙l̗̥͖ b͉̗͓ͅe̪̯̦̯̕ ̝̝͢o̖̬̠ve̲͚̱̼̦r̹̖̳̩͕̥ ͠iͅn̞ ̤̥̻̰̼̪ͅt̼͕͈͓̬̮̲̕i̭͜ṃ̞̖̠̼e̷̠̣͕."̹̻͎̟͈̼

It turns back to the stairs and descends.
"You said it your self. And if i asked Nicely, you would have probably said no, because of how the towns folk are currently. But thanks for your co operation. Remember, if you cross me, I will find you."
The mayor puts the case file on the desk.

"I was trying to stop the train, and whatever froze me came from behind. There was a cobolt feather left behind. That's all I know on that."

"Sorry about that errr sir." Nervous laughter  "Uhhhhh... Go ahead than? I'm clearly not pid enough."the secretary looks at its mug and pores the content out.

(08-22-2016, 05:20 AM)OdinYggd Wrote:
(08-22-2016, 03:20 AM)Umbra Wrote: "Ugh... Fine, it's technically not my field, but I'll solve the damn case. You could just ask nicely instead of threatening me with jail time with a crime I didn't commit, you know..."

Danu speaks up here.

"Someone else? This is a development. He had a reason to be inpatient. Literally the entire train was a crime scene. And a murder? Something tells me that the motives of the theifs has changed." 

(08-22-2016, 10:59 AM)achroma Wrote:
(08-22-2016, 05:20 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: Danu speaks up here.

"Someone else? This is a development. He had a reason to be inpatient. Literally the entire train was a crime scene. And a murder? Something tells me that the motives of the theifs has changed." 

"So answer this one for me then. What could have been aboard that train that was so important the driver would not want the woodport authorities to know about it? The whole train should have been roped off as a crime scene right where it stood in the woodport station, and a joint effort investigation launched into the who when and why of its contents being stolen. You're pointing blame at respectable woodport citizens who knowingly and unknowingly risked their lives to try and help in an uncertain situation, but none of us know what was so important on that train to begin with."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Rahizel - 08-22-2016

(08-22-2016, 12:07 PM)OdinYggd Wrote:

"So answer this one for me then. What could have been aboard that train that was so important the driver would not want the woodport authorities to know about it? The whole train should have been roped off as a crime scene right where it stood in the woodport station, and a joint effort investigation launched into the who when and why of its contents being stolen. You're pointing blame at respectable woodport citizens who knowingly and unknowingly risked their lives to try and help in an uncertain situation, but none of us know what was so important on that train to begin with."
*while Danu deals with the authorities the dark nihilistic presence approaches near, what was once a minor annoyance has become a much more formidable force. While weak in strength the natureof it's power is dark as the background of space. The draining seems to have been given rudimentary direction, feeding off of everything in the area in little sips instead of focusing on one entity and sucking it dry*
// its power grows day by day

(08-22-2016, 12:07 PM)OdinYggd Wrote:

"you wouldn't understand, none of you. Trying to run a town where every single person is afraid for their lives. It makes people desperate, and desperation can make people do questionable things. Crime runs rampid, and I'm trying to protect my citizens to the best of my ability. And trust me, if foreign affairs where to get involved, this would probably happend to woodport."

(08-22-2016, 12:36 PM)achroma Wrote:
(08-22-2016, 12:07 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: "So answer this one for me then. What could have been aboard that train that was so important the driver would not want the woodport authorities to know about it? The whole train should have been roped off as a crime scene right where it stood in the woodport station, and a joint effort investigation launched into the who when and why of its contents being stolen. You're pointing blame at respectable woodport citizens who knowingly and unknowingly risked their lives to try and help in an uncertain situation, but none of us know what was so important on that train to begin with."

"you wouldn't understand, none of you. Trying to run a town where every single person is afraid for their lives. It makes people desperate, and desperation can make people do questionable things. Crime runs rampid, and I'm trying to protect my citizens to the best of my ability. And trust me, if foreign affairs where to get involved, this would probably happend to woodport."

Hearing this, Danu looks legitimately offended by what he just said.

"So in other words, you either don't know how to develop a prosperous town, or are lacking the resources to develop it properly. Somehow, your villagers think people from woodport are suspicious, when most of us live peaceful hard working lives in the thriving village we've created. Meanwhile your villagers are turning to desperation to survive, and yet its the woodport citizens to be the suspicious ones?"

She scoffs in disgust. "If this train thing is part of an ongoing series of crimes like its novakid driver suggests, it should have been reported to EDEN and the various towns informed so that they could be vigiliant in gathering evidence to find out why and put a stop to it. Your town could easily get additional resources to build it up, I work as a builder normally I'll help you make better homes and businesses if you ask nicely and I'm getting paid enough to be comfortable. "

(08-22-2016, 12:55 PM)OdinYggd Wrote:
(08-22-2016, 12:36 PM)achroma Wrote: "you wouldn't understand, none of you. Trying to run a town where every single person is afraid for their lives. It makes people desperate, and desperation can make people do questionable things. Crime runs rampid, and I'm trying to protect my citizens to the best of my ability. And trust me, if foreign affairs where to get involved, this would probably happend to woodport."

"So in other words, you either don't know how to develop a prosperous town, or are lacking the resources to develop it properly. Somehow, your villagers think people from woodport are suspicious, when most of us live peaceful hard working lives in the thriving village we've created. Meanwhile your villagers are turning to desperation to survive, and yet its the woodport citizens to be the suspicious ones?"

She scoffs in disgust. "If this train thing is part of an ongoing series of crimes like its novakid driver suggests, it should have been reported to EDEN and the various towns informed so that they could be vigiliant in gathering evidence to find out why and put a stop to it. Your town could easily get additional resources to build it up, I work as a builder normally I'll help you make better homes and businesses if you ask nicely and I'm getting paid enough to be comfortable. "
"You don't understand... If the get involved... Please excuse me for a moment, I'll be right back."
The mayor briskly walks out of his office, and disappears into the manor.

(08-22-2016, 12:55 PM)OdinYggd Wrote:
(08-22-2016, 12:36 PM)achroma Wrote: "you wouldn't understand, none of you. Trying to run a town where every single person is afraid for their lives. It makes people desperate, and desperation can make people do questionable things. Crime runs rampid, and I'm trying to protect my citizens to the best of my ability. And trust me, if foreign affairs where to get involved, this would probably happend to woodport."

*just sits in the corner of the room, oddly not making a peep and nervously looking around the room*

(08-22-2016, 10:59 AM)achroma Wrote: "You said it your self. And if i asked Nicely, you would have probably said no, because of how the towns folk are currently. But thanks for your co operation. Remember, if you cross me, I will find you."

"I was trying to stop the train, and whatever froze me came from behind. There was a cobolt feather left behind. That's all I know on that."

"Sorry about that errr sir." Nervous laughter  "Uhhhhh... Go ahead than? I'm clearly not pid enough."the secretary looks at its mug and pores the content out.

"Hm... I think I know who froze you. There was an Avali in the same train car as me who claimed to have 'taken care' of you... They have a lot to answer for."

The shadowy figure continues descending the stairwell.

(08-22-2016, 12:18 PM)Rahizel Wrote: *while Danu deals with the authorities the dark nihilistic presence approaches near, what was once a minor annoyance has become a much more formidable force. While weak in strength the natureof it's power is dark as the background of space. The draining seems to have been given rudimentary direction, feeding off of everything in the area in little sips instead of focusing on one entity and sucking it dry*

The dark being would start sensing something... Darker. And a lot more powerful. Thousands of mad whispers from a place beyond reality...
And it's getting closer. And louder.
"̴̖̙̦̩W̖̩̻͔̗̙̬e̶̟͖̗̝͎̞ḷ̮̤̖̖l̨͙̯̯̺̗,͉̫̘̘͡ ͖̻̭̘͈̲̤we҉̹̱͎̻̳̘̺l̠l̢͍̪̹̲,̣̖̗̟͓͜ ̧̞̟w̳̹̬e̳̫͇̪̳̫̳l̹͓̻͎̻̲l̗̤̲̮̩̰̀.̼̤͍̝͓͓̠͞ ̯̻͡W̳̙̞̺̱̯͔h͓͓̯͞a̝̟̹͕̭̖͇͘t͈͠ ̷̣̣ḥ̀a̟̗v̷e̝̖͟ ͍̝ẁ͍͕̩̝̟e̵̱ ̫h̸̳̭̙͖͖ẹ̩̳͇rè̖?̥̦̯̟̺̙̤ ̦͈̜̘̭ͅA͕̱ṋ͢o̶̱̩̤͍̲̹͓t͇̳̰͎̲̳͞h̲̣̣̳́er̴͔̜ͅ ̜̼͡w̟̱̱̳̲̠o̴r͏͉͔͔̦t͈̪h̺̤͍͇l͖͠e̟̰̩s̱̪̖̣̜s͇ ͏̺̫̫̙̭d́e̢̻͎͇̤̱̖ͅv͙̻̥͓ḭ͕̻͓̞͉l̵̪̳ ̴t͚̲ͅọ̭̲̯̮̰͓ b̲̥͎̟͎̖͈͟e̬͉͙̩̫̝̕ c̝r̘͈̦̯̰͙u͟s̸̮̟̳̗̯̦h̩e̤̹̟̹d͍͉̘͎̯̲͎ ̢̣̟̤̹͓un̗d҉e̹̻̤͖͇r̠͔̗̠̤͙̠f̳̲̼̜o͏o͈͚̼̲t͖̟̺͇̀?͙̞̖̲͕̼͢.̟͖̣̻.̵͓̞̭̤͕̜.̱̯͖͍̗̜͙ ̲B̺̲̫͖̤̣ah̡̪͎.͙̼ ̛̯̞͓̩̤̯Y̨̫̥̬͖͔o̩̬̯̳̣̳̜͞ṳ͉̦͖̦̞ ͝w̜̻̮o͚̞u̶͓̠̻̟l̼͍̬d̯͓̤̺ ̞͕̮̦̗ͅb̷̠͍͈̭̝͖̝e̟̘̯̳̼̘͟ ͇̩a ̲w̲̠̖̥ạ͘s̡t̨͓͔͓̮̤e̫͙̥̤̯͉͖͢ ͙̤̱͖ơ͓̯̝̤͚̗f͈͍̗͖̯̥ ͉̠̠̺͔͚t͡i͘m͎̳͓̳͈e̫ ̪t̶̝͙̜̼͔o̠ ̹̥̣k͏͔i̦̜͓̮͎ļ̬̜͔̩͚̗l̶͕͕̮̤͙ͅ.͏̣̯̙͇͎̮̘"̗͈͔̣͖̩́
͏̙̫͙̳
̹̪̬͎ͅ"̺͕̩̪̪̭ͅG̳͖̘̭̘̪͔͡ẹt̠͕ ̸͙̖͎̠̩͙̬o̦̝̲̻̻̖̖u̡͍̹̩̮̻t̹ ̧̣̜̰of͚ ̠̭̳̀my̰͟ ̶͖̱͉̬̱̤s̪̻i̗g͎̜̻͇h̠̝̤͚͚͓̯̀t҉̬̝͈̲̝ ͔̗o̫̳̲͇̰̰ͅr̲̝̤̲ ̱̖̰̼͇͜I̖̳̻'͍͇̮͙͍̳l͎l̟͝ ҉͈̘̫̬͇s͉p҉̮r͉͉̗͘e̙͚͙̼̝̺͞a̹͙͜d͔̱͍̬̹ ̩̻̯̱y͔̬̞̩o͚̹u̞͞ ̳a͍̭̞̺̯ͅc̸̤̲̣̪r͖͓͕͈̟̻̰o̵ss͍̭ ̴̯t͔̟͉̻̭͖͠hę̣̰̬̥̺ͅͅ ̨̻̮͕͓v͉͠e̸̜̖̩r̶͙̳̖͇͔̠y̬ ̦͡r̙̟͇̣̀ḙ̱̹̙͠á͖̹̰̰l̡̳̥̱m̠͈ ̡̺̱͇y̡̩o̪͇̟̥̼̼̜u͔ ̯̤͙̫͈̳̠c͇̗á̳̥̥̳̣m̴̮͔͚e͎͇̞ ̢͚f̺͎r͍̲̼͚̳̗͞o͍͉̬̳̣m̡̤̣̼̫͓.̣͇͓̝"͙̱̩̮̰͜

(08-22-2016, 01:18 PM)achroma Wrote: "You don't understand... If the get involved... Please excuse me for a moment, I'll be right back."

Umbra turns his head towards Danu.
"Some mayor, if you ask me. I'm not fond of him either."

(08-22-2016, 04:25 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(08-22-2016, 10:59 AM)achroma Wrote: "You said it your self. And if i asked Nicely, you would have probably said no, because of how the towns folk are currently. But thanks for your co operation. Remember, if you cross me, I will find you."

"Hm... I think I know who froze you. There was an Avali in the same train car as me who claimed to have 'taken care' of you... They have a lot to answer for."

(08-22-2016, 12:18 PM)Rahizel Wrote: *while Danu deals with the authorities the dark nihilistic presence approaches near, what was once a minor annoyance has become a much more formidable force. While weak in strength the natureof it's power is dark as the background of space. The draining seems to have been given rudimentary direction, feeding off of everything in the area in little sips instead of focusing on one entity and sucking it dry*

The dark being would start sensing something... Darker. And a lot more powerful. Thousands of mad whispers from a place beyond reality...
"̴̖̙̦̩W̖̩̻͔̗̙̬e̶̟͖̗̝͎̞ḷ̮̤̖̖l̨͙̯̯̺̗,͉̫̘̘͡ ͖̻̭̘͈̲̤we҉̹̱͎̻̳̘̺l̠l̢͍̪̹̲,̣̖̗̟͓͜ ̧̞̟w̳̹̬e̳̫͇̪̳̫̳l̹͓̻͎̻̲l̗̤̲̮̩̰̀.̼̤͍̝͓͓̠͞ ̯̻͡W̳̙̞̺̱̯͔h͓͓̯͞a̝̟̹͕̭̖͇͘t͈͠ ̷̣̣ḥ̀a̟̗v̷e̝̖͟ ͍̝ẁ͍͕̩̝̟e̵̱ ̫h̸̳̭̙͖͖ẹ̩̳͇rè̖?̥̦̯̟̺̙̤ ̦͈̜̘̭ͅA͕̱ṋ͢o̶̱̩̤͍̲̹͓t͇̳̰͎̲̳͞h̲̣̣̳́er̴͔̜ͅ ̜̼͡w̟̱̱̳̲̠o̴r͏͉͔͔̦t͈̪h̺̤͍͇l͖͠e̟̰̩s̱̪̖̣̜s͇ ͏̺̫̫̙̭d́e̢̻͎͇̤̱̖ͅv͙̻̥͓ḭ͕̻͓̞͉l̵̪̳ ̴t͚̲ͅọ̭̲̯̮̰͓ b̲̥͎̟͎̖͈͟e̬͉͙̩̫̝̕ c̝r̘͈̦̯̰͙u͟s̸̮̟̳̗̯̦h̩e̤̹̟̹d͍͉̘͎̯̲͎ ̢̣̟̤̹͓un̗d҉e̹̻̤͖͇r̠͔̗̠̤͙̠f̳̲̼̜o͏o͈͚̼̲t͖̟̺͇̀?͙̞̖̲͕̼͢.̟͖̣̻.̵͓̞̭̤͕̜.̱̯͖͍̗̜͙ ̲B̺̲̫͖̤̣ah̡̪͎.͙̼ ̛̯̞͓̩̤̯Y̨̫̥̬͖͔o̩̬̯̳̣̳̜͞ṳ͉̦͖̦̞ ͝w̜̻̮o͚̞u̶͓̠̻̟l̼͍̬d̯͓̤̺ ̞͕̮̦̗ͅb̷̠͍͈̭̝͖̝e̟̘̯̳̼̘͟ ͇̩a ̲w̲̠̖̥ạ͘s̡t̨͓͔͓̮̤e̫͙̥̤̯͉͖͢ ͙̤̱͖ơ͓̯̝̤͚̗f͈͍̗͖̯̥ ͉̠̠̺͔͚t͡i͘m͎̳͓̳͈e̫ ̪t̶̝͙̜̼͔o̠ ̹̥̣k͏͔i̦̜͓̮͎ļ̬̜͔̩͚̗l̶͕͕̮̤͙ͅ.͏̣̯̙͇͎̮̘"̗͈͔̣͖̩́
͏̙̫͙̳
̹̪̬͎ͅ"̺͕̩̪̪̭ͅG̳͖̘̭̘̪͔͡ẹt̠͕ ̸͙̖͎̠̩͙̬o̦̝̲̻̻̖̖u̡͍̹̩̮̻t̹ ̧̣̜̰of͚ ̠̭̳̀my̰͟ ̶͖̱͉̬̱̤s̪̻i̗g͎̜̻͇h̠̝̤͚͚͓̯̀t҉̬̝͈̲̝ ͔̗o̫̳̲͇̰̰ͅr̲̝̤̲ ̱̖̰̼͇͜I̖̳̻'͍͇̮͙͍̳l͎l̟͝ ҉͈̘̫̬͇s͉p҉̮r͉͉̗͘e̙͚͙̼̝̺͞a̹͙͜d͔̱͍̬̹ ̩̻̯̱y͔̬̞̩o͚̹u̞͞ ̳a͍̭̞̺̯ͅc̸̤̲̣̪r͖͓͕͈̟̻̰o̵ss͍̭ ̴̯t͔̟͉̻̭͖͠hę̣̰̬̥̺ͅͅ ̨̻̮͕͓v͉͠e̸̜̖̩r̶͙̳̖͇͔̠y̬ ̦͡r̙̟͇̣̀ḙ̱̹̙͠á͖̹̰̰l̡̳̥̱m̠͈ ̡̺̱͇y̡̩o̪͇̟̥̼̼̜u͔ ̯̤͙̫͈̳̠c͇̗á̳̥̥̳̣m̴̮͔͚e͎͇̞ ̢͚f̺͎r͍̲̼͚̳̗͞o͍͉̬̳̣m̡̤̣̼̫͓.̣͇͓̝"͙̱̩̮̰͜

(08-22-2016, 01:18 PM)achroma Wrote: "You don't understand... If the get involved... Please excuse me for a moment, I'll be right back."

// i don't see what's darker than the complete absence of light, it doesn't exude power it gathers it. Also it's not a competition honestly, and in this case there is no malice mixed in to taint it. No emotion, as brutal yet fair as nature itself is, the only mercy being for those who may yet prove useful

*what appears to be the entity is actually a mere apparition, it's power to project false images and energy has started to develop. There's a pause though, the source of massive amounts of energy is inexplicably tantalizing for this entity with a new unexplained and insatiable hunger, a fledgling being seeking to understand it's new power*

// worth noting that the source is barely aware of its own abilities in the supernatural realm, only that they have developed an insatiable hunger for a new kind of power that rivals the atom. Really wasn't expecting interference so I'm going to have to rethink some things

(08-22-2016, 04:25 PM)Umbra Wrote:

͏̙̫͙̳

The novakid nods in agreement
"I suggest you take the case file, before Cornelius decides to shred it. If you even are auctually going to do anything."

The phone in the office rings, and one of the Gaurds pick up the phone.
"Hello? Wait what?!"
The office hangs up the phone
"We need to get out of here, now! There something in the building, and by the sound of it, it's not friendly."

(08-22-2016, 05:03 PM)achroma Wrote:
(08-22-2016, 04:25 PM)Umbra Wrote: "Hm... I think I know who froze you. There was an Avali in the same train car as me who claimed to have 'taken care' of you... They have a lot to answer for."

͏̙̫͙̳

The novakid nods in agreement
"I suggest you take the case file, before Cornelius decides to shred it. If you even are auctually going to do anything."

The phone in the office rings, and one of the Gaurds pick up the phone.
"Hello? Wait what?!"
"We need to get out of here, now! There something in the building, and by the sound of it, it's not friendly."
*a set of doors opens suddenly, then another set, leading outside*

(08-22-2016, 04:59 PM)Rahizel Wrote: // i don't see what's darker than the complete absence of light, it doesn't exude power it gathers it. Also it's not a competition honestly, and in this case there is no malice mixed in to taint it. No emotion, as brutal yet fair as nature itself is, the only mercy being for those who may yet prove useful

*what appears to be the entity is actually a mere apparition, it's power to project false images and energy has started to develop. There's a pause though, the source of massive amounts of energy is inexplicably tantalizing for this entity with a new unexplained and insatiable hunger, a fledgling being seeking to understand it's new power*

// worth noting that the source is barely aware of its own abilities in the supernatural realm, only that they have developed an insatiable hunger for a new kind of power that rivals the atom. Really wasn't expecting interference so I'm going to have to rethink some things

// It's a shade from the space between realities where nothing exists, so... I didn't mean literally dark as much as I did metaphorically dark.
// As for competition, it should be sort of apparent by now that the Remnant doesn't care what something is if it could be a problem. And that it sees anything as a problem.

(08-22-2016, 05:03 PM)achroma Wrote: The novakid nods in agreement

"I mean, it's my job. I'll see what I can do, and if I can't do anything, at least I can say I've tried my best."
Umbra looks at a bit of the case file's information, then checks the Guard archives.
"Hm... This hasn't been uploaded yet. Guess I'll save time... And potentially something important."
He takes the file and tucks it away somewhere.

(08-22-2016, 05:03 PM)achroma Wrote: The phone in the office rings, and one of the Gaurds pick up the phone.
"Hello? Wait what?!"

"What? Where?"
"̳L̠̤̙͍e̟̣̦͝a͙v̶̫̩̗̮ͅi͔̯͔ͅͅn̛̜̰g͉̥͇̣̞̯ ̧͍̼̥͖͙s͖͞o ̫̟̞̮͇s̫̼̗̺͝o̘̮͞o̭̙̥̯ͅn҉?̮̞̯̦"̩̳̬͔̦

The figure arrives. It throws off its cloak, revealing itself as another of the Remnant's constructs.
"Ugh... You again?"
"̩̤͘I'͍̳̟m̨̼̻̫͚ ̺n̪̫o̞̮̣̖t ̜͙͖̘̯͕̻͠t̝͖̲̙h̠̥͞a̖̭̲̝̗̙t̯̗̞̜̟̱̺ ̧̼̫͎̠̝̦̱e͉̦̖͔͈̣a̳̺͎̞s̯͎̙̘͈̪͕y̻͓̩̣̦͡ ̖͖́to̡̗̜͍̰̝̩ ͠g̺̬͚̘̯e͟t̨ ̫̳̼̼͈͖͕r̝̼̼͍̣͟i͔d̞͚͈͖̤͢ ̖̠̗o̵f͙̱̠͓.̛̼̖"͏̭̭̙̤ A lightless blade appears from seemingly nowhere in its hand. "̛̩I̖ w̼͙͓̗̬̳͝i̺̖̗l̼̦̩̲̹̪̦͠l̴̠̖ ̞̺̯̥n̤̠̖ǫ̫t͙͈͖͍̜͕͝ ̰̬͇̱ͅͅr̤̼̠̙̀e͈̥͈͖̦͜s̵̳̣̞t͇͕ ̮͕̤̪̟u̪͞n̢̥͙ṱ͚̥̣i̲̭͕͈̯̜̺l̩͎͖ ̣̦̳̹̰͚̯t̷̺͎̩h̨i̜̝̮̞͓ͅs̝͉͙͈̫͇ ̝̤f͚̮͖̬̣̀o͉̼͇̩̮̦͞r̫s̢͍͇͓͎a̸͉̙k͖̫e̯̺̫͡n̬̠̠͚̝̪̙̕ ͉͙̙̣̥w͚̮͓̦ọr̷͇͈̟̠͕͍͎l̵d̳͎̼ ҉i̴s̠̲̤̠̮̩͚ ̦͍̞̥̖̳̖͘r̻̠̳̫̻͖i̩͞d҉͓ͅ o̸̖̟͚f̶͓͙̟̹̖ ̛̬̖̲͓ͅa͔̙̟͈̙̦l̸l̳͕̱͉͙ ͚͓̗t̜̰̳̫h̯̣̩͙̯at̴͙ ͇̥̜̥ͅi͎͚̗̥͈̺s̛͓͚͎̤̬ ͇̜͓͓c̰̻̤͎͚͓͖̀o̱̤͕̕r͓̮̰r͍̹̯͈͎u̼̝̟͡p͎̻̬̣t͇̹.̭̳̻̪͕̰͢..̟̲͠"̗̗͇̪͍̙͘ It points its sword towards Umbra.

".̮̭̻͖̕ͅ.̨̣̲̯̮.̳S̴͈͎̖t̷͉̘̖̫̺͚a̞͕̰̼̞͖rt҉̼̠̜̩͎̣i̶͉̻̠̩̭͇ͅn̳͕̺g̶͓̟̣̯̝̹͍ ̹ẉ̞͚i̖̙̜̮̦̣͘t̨̟̭͍h͇̬͉͘ ̠̱́y̯̩͞ǫ̲̫u.̙̹̭̕"̩̝̱̯͡

"Guys?... You might want to leave. Quickly."

(08-22-2016, 05:40 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(08-22-2016, 04:59 PM)Rahizel Wrote: // i don't see what's darker than the complete absence of light, it doesn't exude power it gathers it. Also it's not a competition honestly, and in this case there is no malice mixed in to taint it. No emotion, as brutal yet fair as nature itself is, the only mercy being for those who may yet prove useful

// It's a shade from the space between realities where nothing exists, so... I didn't mean literally dark as much as I did metaphorically dark.
// As for competition, it should be sort of apparent by now that the Remnant doesn't care what something is if it could be a problem. And that it sees anything as a problem.

"I mean, it's my job. I'll see what I can do, and if I can't do anything, at least I can say I've tried my best."
Umbra looks at a bit of the case file's information, then checks the Guard archives.
"Hm... This hasn't been uploaded yet. Guess I'll save time... And potentially something important."

(08-22-2016, 05:03 PM)achroma Wrote: The phone in the office rings, and one of the Gaurds pick up the phone.
"Hello? Wait what?!"

"What? Where?"
"̳L̠̤̙͍e̟̣̦͝a͙v̶̫̩̗̮ͅi͔̯͔ͅͅn̛̜̰g͉̥͇̣̞̯ ̧͍̼̥͖͙s͖͞o ̫̟̞̮͇s̫̼̗̺͝o̘̮͞o̭̙̥̯ͅn҉?̮̞̯̦"̩̳̬͔̦

The figure arrives. It throws off its cloak, revealing itself as another of the Remnant's constructs.
"Ugh... You again?"
"̩̤͘I'͍̳̟m̨̼̻̫͚ ̺n̪̫o̞̮̣̖t ̜͙͖̘̯͕̻͠t̝͖̲̙h̠̥͞a̖̭̲̝̗̙t̯̗̞̜̟̱̺ ̧̼̫͎̠̝̦̱e͉̦̖͔͈̣a̳̺͎̞s̯͎̙̘͈̪͕y̻͓̩̣̦͡ ̖͖́to̡̗̜͍̰̝̩ ͠g̺̬͚̘̯e͟t̨ ̫̳̼̼͈͖͕r̝̼̼͍̣͟i͔d̞͚͈͖̤͢ ̖̠̗o̵f͙̱̠͓.̛̼̖"͏̭̭̙̤ A lightless blade appears from seemingly nowhere in its hand. "̛̩I̖ w̼͙͓̗̬̳͝i̺̖̗l̼̦̩̲̹̪̦͠l̴̠̖ ̞̺̯̥n̤̠̖ǫ̫t͙͈͖͍̜͕͝ ̰̬͇̱ͅͅr̤̼̠̙̀e͈̥͈͖̦͜s̵̳̣̞t͇͕ ̮͕̤̪̟u̪͞n̢̥͙ṱ͚̥̣i̲̭͕͈̯̜̺l̩͎͖ ̣̦̳̹̰͚̯t̷̺͎̩h̨i̜̝̮̞͓ͅs̝͉͙͈̫͇ ̝̤f͚̮͖̬̣̀o͉̼͇̩̮̦͞r̫s̢͍͇͓͎a̸͉̙k͖̫e̯̺̫͡n̬̠̠͚̝̪̙̕ ͉͙̙̣̥w͚̮͓̦ọr̷͇͈̟̠͕͍͎l̵d̳͎̼ ҉i̴s̠̲̤̠̮̩͚ ̦͍̞̥̖̳̖͘r̻̠̳̫̻͖i̩͞d҉͓ͅ o̸̖̟͚f̶͓͙̟̹̖ ̛̬̖̲͓ͅa͔̙̟͈̙̦l̸l̳͕̱͉͙ ͚͓̗t̜̰̳̫h̯̣̩͙̯at̴͙ ͇̥̜̥ͅi͎͚̗̥͈̺s̛͓͚͎̤̬ ͇̜͓͓c̰̻̤͎͚͓͖̀o̱̤͕̕r͓̮̰r͍̹̯͈͎u̼̝̟͡p͎̻̬̣t͇̹.̭̳̻̪͕̰͢..̟̲͠"̗̗͇̪͍̙͘ It points its sword towards Umbra.

".̮̭̻͖̕ͅ.̨̣̲̯̮.̳S̴͈͎̖t̷͉̘̖̫̺͚a̞͕̰̼̞͖rt҉̼̠̜̩͎̣i̶͉̻̠̩̭͇ͅn̳͕̺g̶͓̟̣̯̝̹͍ ̹ẉ̞͚i̖̙̜̮̦̣͘t̨̟̭͍h͇̬͉͘ ̠̱́y̯̩͞ǫ̲̫u.̙̹̭̕"̩̝̱̯͡

"You heard the man, get a move on!"
The Gaurds begin to evacuate the manor, whilst protecting anyone in need.

"Good luck, sorry I can't help, you kinda made me throw my revolver off the train."

(08-22-2016, 05:40 PM)Umbra Wrote:

"Hello? Wait what?!"

"What? Where?"

"Ugh... You again?"

"Talk about misguided. Shouldn't you be pointing that thing at the mayor of this place? Even the vile beings of other dimensions are blind to the bureaucracy around here."

Danu still sounded rather angry, but being a creature of the light perhaps this ominous darkness would be repulsed to some degree by her presence. She moved a bit closer to Umbra, tensing up as if ready to intervene.

"If that's an exit route that just opened up, perhaps we should take it. I really don't like fighting shadows that have swords in front of government officials. Too many questions afterward.

(08-22-2016, 05:56 PM)achroma Wrote: "You heard the man, get a move on!"

"Good luck, sorry I can't help, you kinda made me throw my revolver off the train."

"Uh, right. Just get to safety. We can make amends or pretend we never saw each other after you're safe."

(08-22-2016, 06:17 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: "Talk about misguided. Shouldn't you be pointing that thing at the mayor of this place? Even the vile beings of other dimensions are blind to the bureaucracy around here."

Danu still sounded rather angry, but being a creature of the light perhaps this ominous darkness would be repulsed to some degree by her presence. She moved a bit closer to Umbra, tensing up as if ready to intervene.

"If that's an exit route that just opened up, perhaps we should take it. I really don't like fighting shadows that have swords in front of government officials. Too many questions afterward.

The Remnant senses Danu's power, but doesn't seem fazed.
"҉̗̻̩͇̰W̗̲̤͎̳̟̙h͖̟͍̦̞a͚͙͍̮̞t'̠̫̬͜ͅs̩̤̠̭͉͕̠ ̪͎͎̭͎͜t͚h͖̳͖̜̞̼i͓͓s̢̭̳̦͚̳̙?̸̹̫͕̙̜͎̫ ̫͔̤A̭̯̣͉̞ṋ͚̫͉͇ ̻̻̪͖̘̩an͕̼̺͓̘͘g͓͔̝ẹ̜̣̗́l̜̙͞ ̛̲̠a͏̱̫mo̶n͇͇̗͉̤g̖͞ ̱̮d̝e̳̭̮̙͘m͙̩̘̫͖̜o͈̞̻͓̖̰͢n͙̥̜̳̜̕s̭̩͓̜̬̣͜?̟͚̺͚ ̦̥͠H͇̪̜͢o̪̰̺̙w͓̟̣̪̼̫͔ ̥̲͇̹͙̭̖p̨͍̘e͚̻̻̖̹̝̻c̱͚̜̲̀ụ̡l͏̘̖̠͕̤͖i͏a̰͇̲̲̲̗͓r̥̣̮̠͚͇.̠͙"͞ It starts advancing. "͔̘̩̥Y̭o͎̪̯͔̟̤u̲͡ ͚̻̙̦̜͖͡a̴̹͖r̯͍̯e̼̮̞̙̩͙ͅ ̨t͙̟̪̙he̗̜̝̠̥̜ͅ ̴̫̭o̲̥͇͇͎͜n̷̩̜e̵̱ ̠͔͔͎͜w̙͓̞͈̩͠h̳̬̼͙͇̬o ̷̖͖̯̗͉i̜̩͓͉̜s҉ ̦͎̰̘̮̲ͅm̸̪̮͓̲̠is҉̗̗̦̼͍g͉̖̺̩̻u̗͔̯̦̬͍i̸̬̝̥͓̣̲̞ḑ̙e̻͎͔̼͈d̥,҉̜͍̘͕̙͓ ̜͕̥ś̠̫͙͙̫e̷̞̱͚r̨̯͇̺̥̫̞͓a̛̻̘p̛͓̘͔̯̤͈h.͉̝̘͚̦ͅ ̡̮̘͔̙Y̩͔͈̳̖̥o͚͈̪͇͘u̖̻͕͖͇ ͏͙̙̟wi̘̠͎̼ͅs̱̳̞̮̭̫ͅḥ̼͇͞ t̶̺̙̻̺̼̫̫o͔̥̟͞ ̖͉͓͉͉̮͎p̜̬r͖ͅo̫̥̘͈̤̟̲͝t̰̬̩̝̖͠ͅe̵̠͎͇ć̜̰̗̩̹͕̻t̮ ̱͙͓̭̺͇th̨̘̝͉̘̙ͅi̘͍̜̗̭s̬̲̟̦͚̝̬ ̱̖v̠̙͚̲i̘͔l̡̟̗̗̫̫̯e̝ c̲̗̰̰̦͓r͘e͜a͚̙͇̝͡t͏̟̣͈u̹̪̫͠r̤e̞̥̖̣̻̙͉?̣ ̨̼̪͇͕F̭̪̳̪̺̩͎͝i͏̬̼̫̭̰͔n̳̖̹e̞̞̘͚.̙̳̖̕ ̷̺T̩̝̥̣̮̹h͏͕̦e͓̮̭̖̦͘n̵͍̬ ̭̗̥̮͔̰͜I̤̮͈̱'͙͚l̞̘͍ͅl͖̰͓͓ h̙͎̲̯̣a̺v͎̱̭̤͖̙͓e͏͚̭ͅ ̪̗͇͖̼t̢̞͈̣o̤̘ ̜̻̤s͢w̬͈̕a̶̫t͈͉̟̣ ̷̜̠̻̼y͖̫͞o̬̘͇̠̺ṵ̠͈̬͢ ̠̥͇̭as̬̟í̥̜̙d͖e͔̳̜͈͇ ̺̼̬͕̰̼ͅa̶̤͔̤̘͉͚s͉̤̜̩̬͜ ̦̼́w͙̱̬e̺͍̠͎͙ͅl͢l̝͔̺̫̟̯̤.͙̣̦̬̯͖̙"̹̹̺

It lunges, but gets blocked by a relatively small ice wall. Umbra's hand is wreathed in an icy energy.
"You're right. If we have any chance, it'll be in an open area, not this office."
He starts running.

// ready to type this narrative when you're ready to listen, Surge.

(08-22-2016, 06:28 PM)Umbra Wrote: The Remnant senses Danu's power, but doesn't seem fazed.
"҉̗̻̩͇̰W̗̲̤͎̳̟̙h͖̟͍̦̞a͚͙͍̮̞t'̠̫̬͜ͅs̩̤̠̭͉͕̠ ̪͎͎̭͎͜t͚h͖̳͖̜̞̼i͓͓s̢̭̳̦͚̳̙?̸̹̫͕̙̜͎̫ ̫͔̤A̭̯̣͉̞ṋ͚̫͉͇ ̻̻̪͖̘̩an͕̼̺͓̘͘g͓͔̝ẹ̜̣̗́l̜̙͞ ̛̲̠a͏̱̫mo̶n͇͇̗͉̤g̖͞ ̱̮d̝e̳̭̮̙͘m͙̩̘̫͖̜o͈̞̻͓̖̰͢n͙̥̜̳̜̕s̭̩͓̜̬̣͜?̟͚̺͚ ̦̥͠H͇̪̜͢o̪̰̺̙w͓̟̣̪̼̫͔ ̥̲͇̹͙̭̖p̨͍̘e͚̻̻̖̹̝̻c̱͚̜̲̀ụ̡l͏̘̖̠͕̤͖i͏a̰͇̲̲̲̗͓r̥̣̮̠͚͇.̠͙"͞ It starts advancing. "͔̘̩̥Y̭o͎̪̯͔̟̤u̲͡ ͚̻̙̦̜͖͡a̴̹͖r̯͍̯e̼̮̞̙̩͙ͅ ̨t͙̟̪̙he̗̜̝̠̥̜ͅ ̴̫̭o̲̥͇͇͎͜n̷̩̜e̵̱ ̠͔͔͎͜w̙͓̞͈̩͠h̳̬̼͙͇̬o ̷̖͖̯̗͉i̜̩͓͉̜s҉ ̦͎̰̘̮̲ͅm̸̪̮͓̲̠is҉̗̗̦̼͍g͉̖̺̩̻u̗͔̯̦̬͍i̸̬̝̥͓̣̲̞ḑ̙e̻͎͔̼͈d̥,҉̜͍̘͕̙͓ ̜͕̥ś̠̫͙͙̫e̷̞̱͚r̨̯͇̺̥̫̞͓a̛̻̘p̛͓̘͔̯̤͈h.͉̝̘͚̦ͅ ̡̮̘͔̙Y̩͔͈̳̖̥o͚͈̪͇͘u̖̻͕͖͇ ͏͙̙̟wi̘̠͎̼ͅs̱̳̞̮̭̫ͅḥ̼͇͞ t̶̺̙̻̺̼̫̫o͔̥̟͞ ̖͉͓͉͉̮͎p̜̬r͖ͅo̫̥̘͈̤̟̲͝t̰̬̩̝̖͠ͅe̵̠͎͇ć̜̰̗̩̹͕̻t̮ ̱͙͓̭̺͇th̨̘̝͉̘̙ͅi̘͍̜̗̭s̬̲̟̦͚̝̬ ̱̖v̠̙͚̲i̘͔l̡̟̗̗̫̫̯e̝ c̲̗̰̰̦͓r͘e͜a͚̙͇̝͡t͏̟̣͈u̹̪̫͠r̤e̞̥̖̣̻̙͉?̣ ̨̼̪͇͕F̭̪̳̪̺̩͎͝i͏̬̼̫̭̰͔n̳̖̹e̞̞̘͚.̙̳̖̕ ̷̺T̩̝̥̣̮̹h͏͕̦e͓̮̭̖̦͘n̵͍̬ ̭̗̥̮͔̰͜I̤̮͈̱'͙͚l̞̘͍ͅl͖̰͓͓ h̙͎̲̯̣a̺v͎̱̭̤͖̙͓e͏͚̭ͅ ̪̗͇͖̼t̢̞͈̣o̤̘ ̜̻̤s͢w̬͈̕a̶̫t͈͉̟̣ ̷̜̠̻̼y͖̫͞o̬̘͇̠̺ṵ̠͈̬͢ ̠̥͇̭as̬̟í̥̜̙d͖e͔̳̜͈͇ ̺̼̬͕̰̼ͅa̶̤͔̤̘͉͚s͉̤̜̩̬͜ ̦̼́w͙̱̬e̺͍̠͎͙ͅl͢l̝͔̺̫̟̯̤.͙̣̦̬̯͖̙"̹̹̺

It lunges, but gets blocked by a relatively small ice wall. Umbra's hand is wreathed in an icy energy.
"You're right. If we have any chance, it'll be in an open area, not this office."
He starts running.

Danu runs with him, a ghostly shimmering behind her as she guarded her rear. Inside an office building was no place to unleash otherworldly powers, it was bad enough that this beast had just told everyone what kind of being she was. Maybe they didn't hear it clearly... maybe they'd forget. Or maybe, they'd wake up tomorrow and it was all a bad dream.

"That and if we fight him outside in the sunlight, we have the upper hand just by choice of battlefield. Long as it doesn't last until sunset we'll be fine."

(08-22-2016, 06:28 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(08-22-2016, 05:56 PM)achroma Wrote: "You heard the man, get a move on!"

"Uh, right. Just get to safety. We can make amends or pretend we never saw each other after you're safe."

(08-22-2016, 06:17 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: "Talk about misguided. Shouldn't you be pointing that thing at the mayor of this place? Even the vile beings of other dimensions are blind to the bureaucracy around here."

The Remnant senses Danu's power, but doesn't seem fazed.

He starts running.

(08-22-2016, 06:58 PM)OdinYggd Wrote:
(08-22-2016, 06:28 PM)Umbra Wrote: The Remnant senses Danu's power, but doesn't seem fazed.

He starts running.

Danu runs with him, a ghostly shimmering behind her as she guarded her rear. Inside an office building was no place to unleash otherworldly powers, it was bad enough that this beast had just told everyone what kind of being she was. Maybe they didn't hear it clearly... maybe they'd forget. Or maybe, they'd wake up tomorrow and it was all a bad dream.

"That and if we fight him outside in the sunlight, we have the upper hand just by choice of battlefield. Long as it doesn't last until sunset we'll be fine."
The entire building is vacated, and the Gaurds are on standby if anything goes wrong.

"You've got to be kidding me. Welp, I'm obligated to help, regardless of said person has a vendetta against me..."
The mayor rushes out of the building wielding a jade bladed naginata

(08-22-2016, 06:58 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: Danu runs with him, a ghostly shimmering behind her as she guarded her rear. Inside an office building was no place to unleash otherworldly powers, it was bad enough that this beast had just told everyone what kind of being she was. Maybe they didn't hear it clearly... maybe they'd forget. Or maybe, they'd wake up tomorrow and it was all a bad dream.

"Well... Maybe? I'm not sure if the sun would do anything..."

(08-22-2016, 07:20 PM)achroma Wrote: The entire building is vacated, and the Gaurds are on standby if anything goes wrong.

"You've got to be kidding me. Welp, I'm obligated to help, regardless of said person has a vendetta against me..."
The mayor rushes out of the building wielding a jade bladed naginata

"Uh... What are you doing?"
The construct walks out of the building after the escapees.