Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 08-22-2016

(08-22-2016, 07:36 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(08-22-2016, 06:58 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: Danu runs with him, a ghostly shimmering behind her as she guarded her rear. Inside an office building was no place to unleash otherworldly powers, it was bad enough that this beast had just told everyone what kind of being she was. Maybe they didn't hear it clearly... maybe they'd forget. Or maybe, they'd wake up tomorrow and it was all a bad dream.

"That and if we fight him outside in the sunlight, we have the upper hand just by choice of battlefield. Long as it doesn't last until sunset we'll be fine."

"Well... Maybe? I'm not sure if the sun would do anything..."

(08-22-2016, 07:20 PM)achroma Wrote: The entire building is vacated, and the Gaurds are on standby if anything goes wrong.

"You've got to be kidding me. Welp, I'm obligated to help, regardless of said person has a vendetta against me..."
The mayor rushes out of the building wielding a jade bladed naginata

"Uh... What are you doing?"
The construct walks out of the building after the escapees.

"Its a shadow creature right? So direct sunlight should take away its power, if it can even exist in sunlight. It may very well be confined to shaded places, so we can easily walk away from it and then have until sunset to prepare ourselves."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 08-22-2016

(08-22-2016, 07:36 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(08-22-2016, 06:58 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: Danu runs with him, a ghostly shimmering behind her as she guarded her rear. Inside an office building was no place to unleash otherworldly powers, it was bad enough that this beast had just told everyone what kind of being she was. Maybe they didn't hear it clearly... maybe they'd forget. Or maybe, they'd wake up tomorrow and it was all a bad dream.

"That and if we fight him outside in the sunlight, we have the upper hand just by choice of battlefield. Long as it doesn't last until sunset we'll be fine."

"Well... Maybe? I'm not sure if the sun would do anything..."

(08-22-2016, 07:20 PM)achroma Wrote: The entire building is vacated, and the Gaurds are on standby if anything goes wrong.

"You've got to be kidding me. Welp, I'm obligated to help, regardless of said person has a vendetta against me..."
The mayor rushes out of the building wielding a jade bladed naginata

"Uh... What are you doing?"
The construct walks out of the building after the escapees.
"My mayoral duty of defending the people of the town. I might as well get my self killed because I'm "useless"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 08-22-2016

(08-22-2016, 07:40 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: "Its a shadow creature right? So direct sunlight should take away its power, if it can even exist in sunlight. It may very well be confined to shaded places, so we can easily walk away from it and then have until sunset to prepare ourselves."

"Probably? I'm not sure what they're made out of. At least I know what hurts these things..."
Umbra takes off his hardlight shield emitter and hands it to Danu. "You might need this. Better safe than sorry, anyway." He then shifts into his actual Anomaly form, floating about a half-inch off the ground.

(08-22-2016, 07:45 PM)achroma Wrote: "My mayoral duty of defending the people of the town. I might as well get my self killed because I'm "useless"

"...Firstly, I don't think anyone said you were useless. Secondly, I'm pretty sure that's the Guards' job first. Maybe you'd have to do that as a last resort, but... I don't know, I've never been a mayor."
I'm not sure what this guy's deal is, but he'd better know what he's doing...

(08-22-2016, 07:46 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(08-22-2016, 07:40 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: "Its a shadow creature right? So direct sunlight should take away its power, if it can even exist in sunlight. It may very well be confined to shaded places, so we can easily walk away from it and then have until sunset to prepare ourselves."

"Probably? I'm not sure what they're made out of. At least I know what hurts these things..."
Umbra takes off his hardlight shield emitter and hands it to Danu. "You might need this. Better safe than sorry, anyway." He then shifts into his actual Anomaly form, floating about a half-inch off the ground.

(08-22-2016, 07:45 PM)achroma Wrote: "My mayoral duty of defending the people of the town. I might as well get my self killed because I'm "useless"

"...Firstly, I don't think anyone said you were useless. Secondly, I'm pretty sure that's the Guards' job first. Maybe you'd have to do that as a last resort, but... I don't know, I've never been a mayor."
"Trust me, I've felt with issues like this all the time when this town was founded. But there was nothing like this though... What is that thing anyways?"

(08-22-2016, 08:24 PM)achroma Wrote:
(08-22-2016, 07:46 PM)Umbra Wrote: "Probably? I'm not sure what they're made out of. At least I know what hurts these things..."

"Trust me, I've felt with issues like this all the time when this town was founded. But there was nothing like this though... What is that thing anyways?"

"You aren't useless if you aren't being given the tools you need to do your job. But it probably wouldn't have hurt to ask around some if getting those tools wasn't obvious."

Danu tries on the shield emitter, activating it to see what it does. She looks it over carefully.

"That thing on the other hand, is useless. All the sorrow misery chaos and fear of the world lumped into one, fused into a bleak lump that blindly lashes out at anything it can reach. At least, if it is anything like what usually takes that sort of form."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Dipdoo - 08-22-2016

(08-22-2016, 04:38 AM)Rahizel Wrote: // space again
*it seems that Rikari has been revived, but she insists on sitting in a corner, trembling and holding her knees, muttering*
They're all dead, so many of them, just gone... whole cities.
*she just looks deeply disturbed by all the information now trapped in her head*

Jim slows and gives the scene a double and then a triple take
"None of my business." He mumbles as he passes by, eyes forward again.

Jim continues along to his quarters and grabs his woodsman's axe along with his proper pack, leaving his forgeman's tools behind.
He moves for the nearest shuttle headed to Woodport. 'About time to go chopping.'

(08-22-2016, 08:54 PM)OdinYggd Wrote:
(08-22-2016, 08:24 PM)achroma Wrote: "Trust me, I've felt with issues like this all the time when this town was founded. But there was nothing like this though... What is that thing anyways?"

"You aren't useless if you aren't being given the tools you need to do your job. But it probably wouldn't have hurt to ask around some if getting those tools wasn't obvious."

Danu tries on the shield emitter, activating it to see what it does. She looks it over carefully.

"That thing on the other hand, is useless. All the sorrow misery chaos and fear of the world lumped into one, fused into a bleak lump that blindly lashes out at anything it can reach. At least, if it is anything like what usually takes that sort of form."

"I will take what you said into close consideration. And for this abomination, how do we kill it, or do we need to seal it away?"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Comito - 08-22-2016

(08-22-2016, 09:01 PM)Dipdoo Wrote:
(08-22-2016, 04:38 AM)Rahizel Wrote: // space again
*it seems that Rikari has been revived, but she insists on sitting in a corner, trembling and holding her knees, muttering*
They're all dead, so many of them, just gone... whole cities.
*she just looks deeply disturbed by all the information now trapped in her head*

Jim slows and gives the scene a double and then a triple take

Jim continues along to his quarters and grabs his woodsman's axe along with his proper pack, leaving his forgeman's tools behind.
He moves for the nearest shuttle headed to Woodport. 'About time to go chopping.'

//Something something the planet's supposed to be mostly barren with only small pockets of 'forest'. not that anyone cares anymore.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Dipdoo - 08-22-2016

(08-22-2016, 09:36 PM)Comito Wrote:
(08-22-2016, 09:01 PM)Dipdoo Wrote: Jim slows and gives the scene a double and then a triple take

//Something something the planet's supposed to be mostly barren with only small pockets of 'forest'. not that anyone cares anymore.

//AXE IS AXE, and there's always the possibility of someone stopping him.

(08-22-2016, 08:54 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: "You aren't useless if you aren't being given the tools you need to do your job. But it probably wouldn't have hurt to ask around some if getting those tools wasn't obvious."

A shield of hardlight materializes in the air in front of the emitter. It moves with it; it seems that the brace pretty much acts as the straps on an actual shield would.
The construct steps out into the open.
"̨͎Ha̡͚̳͔ͅͅr҉̥͚̰ͅs̤͔̦͞h.̸̤̝͕̲ ́D҉̥͓̟̺͍͙̮o̻̬̩ ̲̻y͎̩̲̘o̤̞̟͎̙͢ͅu̡ ̞̬̮̰̩͇e̙̯͍̳͓̟̗x̵͕̬̪͈̜ͅp̧̙̝̼̙̝̞̺e͟c̤t͏̺̩ ̹̗̦͇͇̰͜t̴̺̳̣͔̣o͖͖̜͕̲͜ ̴͇͉d̦͙̦r̪̦͉͠i̖͓v̖̘͠ẹ ̱̮̙͖̖͉̲m̙̠e̥͡ ̩̬̻̬̫a͠w̡̫͓̯͎̻a̸̜͚͓̼̩̞̜y̳̙̠ ̭͉̠͇̲̝ͅw̸̰̩͖͔ì͎͖̦ṱ̠͚̬̲̙h̬͓̖̩̮͈̳ ̺̰̙̩̳w͇̳̳͓͉̟or̰̤͟d̵s͈̠̟̮̭?̯̣͎̼̬̹ͅ ̖͍̩̼̰̥͞ͅP̛̰ḁ̜̫͡t͍̖̳̀h̝͇͕̫̕e̸̘̬̬̻̞t̥͈̫̠̰i͎̰͇̠̯c̨̙̯̘.̩̣̀"͙̗̹
"It's, uh... Called 'Remnant' for a reason. What I retain from what... Empathy, was it?... was told is that he's a Shade, which are pretty much void ghost... I think. He was also... Superego?... At one point... And I'm thinking at least one other person as well."
"̷̠͖ͅE҉n̪̘̥̲͇͚̘ơu̵̼̩g͏̯̟ḩ ̸̹̩t͎a̶̯̮l̷̼̲͓k̥̟.̯̲͡ ̠̜͉I͙ ͕͔̱̳̰w̹i͙͎̲͚̘͉͎l̺̭l̦̱͔̞ ̷͕̰̪̯̘̥̞n͖̞̤̼̻̕ò̬̘̼̼t̷̟͙̯ͅ ͙̰̠͟s̯̟̭t̥̖͠a̼̬̬̠͡nd͍̤͍̮ͅ ͍̣͢i̟͇̦̺d̺̀l͉̻̻͇̠̤ͅe̗̮ w͍̞͖͇̟h̻͢i͚͓͖͘ͅle̦̠̥ ̯̝͕̭̥̜t̙͓̭̻̙̩͚̀ḫ̟͔̟̦e̷̳͖̠ͅr̜̘̬e͚͞ ͙̺i̸̦̤̫̳͓̖̣s͙͇̦̜͚ ̶̭̪a͚̭̰͞ ̠̹̫͍̝͘h̢̙͖̦̩u̴̹̙ǹ͈͇̞͉t ͕̬̭̦̲͖ͅt̻o͔ͅ ̬̭͙̦̥̩͔ḙ̥̣n̺͚͍̩͈ͅd̴̪."̩͎̝̳͈̼͝

(08-22-2016, 09:02 PM)achroma Wrote: "I will take what you said into close consideration. And for this abomination, how do we kill it, or do we need to seal it away?"

"Magic, energy, and metal. Not sure how much good a weapon made of crystals will do, considering... Well..."
The purple crystals scattered around the construct's body gleam a little in the sunlight.

//The planet was terraformed to an approximation of natural biomes for each region's climate and weather patterns. So no, it isn't a barren planet at all, and I somehow doubt the town would have been named woodport unless there was a huge forest on one if not more sides of it. Now perhaps woodport is near a large open plains with only a little forest in between in that direction, but I'm imagining the planet as resembling what earth was like when human civilization was just starting to form upon it.

//tbh I'm not even sure where that barren planet with pockets of forest came from.

(08-22-2016, 10:14 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(08-22-2016, 08:54 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: "You aren't useless if you aren't being given the tools you need to do your job. But it probably wouldn't have hurt to ask around some if getting those tools wasn't obvious."

A shield of hardlight materializes in the air in front of the emitter. It moves with it; it seems that the brace pretty much acts as the straps on an actual shield would.
The construct steps out into the open.
"̨͎Ha̡͚̳͔ͅͅr҉̥͚̰ͅs̤͔̦͞h.̸̤̝͕̲ ́D҉̥͓̟̺͍͙̮o̻̬̩ ̲̻y͎̩̲̘o̤̞̟͎̙͢ͅu̡ ̞̬̮̰̩͇e̙̯͍̳͓̟̗x̵͕̬̪͈̜ͅp̧̙̝̼̙̝̞̺e͟c̤t͏̺̩ ̹̗̦͇͇̰͜t̴̺̳̣͔̣o͖͖̜͕̲͜ ̴͇͉d̦͙̦r̪̦͉͠i̖͓v̖̘͠ẹ ̱̮̙͖̖͉̲m̙̠e̥͡ ̩̬̻̬̫a͠w̡̫͓̯͎̻a̸̜͚͓̼̩̞̜y̳̙̠ ̭͉̠͇̲̝ͅw̸̰̩͖͔ì͎͖̦ṱ̠͚̬̲̙h̬͓̖̩̮͈̳ ̺̰̙̩̳w͇̳̳͓͉̟or̰̤͟d̵s͈̠̟̮̭?̯̣͎̼̬̹ͅ ̖͍̩̼̰̥͞ͅP̛̰ḁ̜̫͡t͍̖̳̀h̝͇͕̫̕e̸̘̬̬̻̞t̥͈̫̠̰i͎̰͇̠̯c̨̙̯̘.̩̣̀"͙̗̹
"It's, uh... Called 'Remnant' for a reason. What I retain from what... Empathy, was it?... was told is that he's a Shade, which are pretty much void ghost... I think. He was also... Superego?... At one point... And I'm thinking at least one other person as well."
"̷̠͖ͅE҉n̪̘̥̲͇͚̘ơu̵̼̩g͏̯̟ḩ ̸̹̩t͎a̶̯̮l̷̼̲͓k̥̟.̯̲͡ ̠̜͉I͙ ͕͔̱̳̰w̹i͙͎̲͚̘͉͎l̺̭l̦̱͔̞ ̷͕̰̪̯̘̥̞n͖̞̤̼̻̕ò̬̘̼̼t̷̟͙̯ͅ ͙̰̠͟s̯̟̭t̥̖͠a̼̬̬̠͡nd͍̤͍̮ͅ ͍̣͢i̟͇̦̺d̺̀l͉̻̻͇̠̤ͅe̗̮ w͍̞͖͇̟h̻͢i͚͓͖͘ͅle̦̠̥ ̯̝͕̭̥̜t̙͓̭̻̙̩͚̀ḫ̟͔̟̦e̷̳͖̠ͅr̜̘̬e͚͞ ͙̺i̸̦̤̫̳͓̖̣s͙͇̦̜͚ ̶̭̪a͚̭̰͞ ̠̹̫͍̝͘h̢̙͖̦̩u̴̹̙ǹ͈͇̞͉t ͕̬̭̦̲͖ͅt̻o͔ͅ ̬̭͙̦̥̩͔ḙ̥̣n̺͚͍̩͈ͅd̴̪."̩͎̝̳͈̼͝

(08-22-2016, 09:02 PM)achroma Wrote: "I will take what you said into close consideration. And for this abomination, how do we kill it, or do we need to seal it away?"

"Magic, energy, and metal. Not sure how much good a weapon made of crystals will do, considering... Well..."
The purple crystals scattered around the construct's body gleam a little in the sunlight.
The human throws his naginata near by, and it sticks into the ground.
"Hmm, so lighting will work then? good god, I haven't practiced storm magiks in forever."

(08-22-2016, 10:34 PM)achroma Wrote: The human throws his naginata near by, and it sticks into the ground.
"Hmm, so lighting will work then? good god, I haven't practiced storm magiks in forever."

"Just try not to accidentally hit other people. Lightning isn't too controllable last I checked... But I could be wrong."
The occupied construct just stares in their direction.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 08-23-2016

(08-22-2016, 11:20 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(08-22-2016, 10:34 PM)achroma Wrote: The human throws his naginata near by, and it sticks into the ground.

"Just try not to accidentally hit other people. Lightning isn't too controllable last I checked... But I could be wrong."
The occupied construct just stares in their direction

"We will see. I had the area evacuated so the only damage if any will be to property. Also, why did it call you corrupted? That's kind shady."
The mayor cracks it's knuckles, and runes begin to appear on the ground.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 08-23-2016

(08-23-2016, 12:17 AM)achroma Wrote: "We will see. I had the area evacuated so the only damage if any will be to property. Also, why did it call you corrupted? That's kind shady."
The mayor cracks it's knuckles, and runes begin to appear on the ground.

"When did it call me... Oh, right. No, I'm pretty sure that was aimed towards everyone. Anyway..."
The Anomaly steps toward the construct, glaive in hand.
"Give me your best shot."
"̻͓͇͔͓͔̕G̭̘ĺ͎̮̣͔ͅa̬͎͓̺̳d̼̥̲͍l̘͈̰̥̦̪͜y͉.̞͓̖͔͍̖͜ͅ"̶̳̟̼̠͍ͅ It fires a bolt of purple energy straight at Umbra.
He isn't fast enough to dodge it and ends up getting knocked to the ground. "Ow!... What...?"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Dipdoo - 08-23-2016

As soon as the shuttle touches down around Woodport Jim departs and waves his thanks.

He starts off towards the Southern end of the treeline, sizing up the trees he passes by, looking for just the right one.
A smile on his face, one hand on the axe resting on his shoulder, the other rubbing at his bearded chin in thought.

Jim stops and stands just outside the forest for a moment, looking from one tree to another, brow furrowed in thought, his smile now a concentrated frown. 'Hmmm...'

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 08-23-2016

(oh right I forgot. Ehhhh I'll get around to it eventually, bounty hunting in Elite Dangerous is almost a full time job, so I'll try to set aside some time tomorrow where I'm not busy hunting men in space.)

(08-23-2016, 03:32 AM)Surge Wrote: (oh right I forgot. Ehhhh I'll get around to it eventually, bounty hunting in Elite Dangerous is almost a full time job, so I'll try to set aside some time tomorrow where I'm not busy hunting men in space.)

// all you have to do is read a narrative that looks into State and Syntax's past...

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 08-23-2016

(08-23-2016, 04:08 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(08-23-2016, 03:32 AM)Surge Wrote: (oh right I forgot. Ehhhh I'll get around to it eventually, bounty hunting in Elite Dangerous is almost a full time job, so I'll try to set aside some time tomorrow where I'm not busy hunting men in space.)

// all you have to do is read a narrative that looks into State and Syntax's past...
(i mean if you're gonna be like that I can do THAT right now)

(08-23-2016, 04:16 AM)Surge Wrote: (i mean if you're gonna be like that I can do THAT right now)

// well, it's a bit too late for me to do it now...
// shit.