Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 11-06-2015

(oh my god I'm getting flashbacks to the speshul snowflake genders and the internal screaming is coming back aaaaaaaaa)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Ehksidian - 11-06-2015

(11-06-2015, 02:43 AM)Umbra Wrote: The anomaly stops looking in the mysterious bag, taking the spike out of the wall and tossing it harmlessly into the woods along with the parcel it carried.
"Not worth my time." It phases back into Umbra and he climbs back inside his house.
"Man, it's been a weird day..."

"...No kidding..." She had finished her coffee and was sitting in the living room again. "You, uh, wouldn't mind if I crashed here again tonight, right?"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 11-06-2015

(11-06-2015, 03:06 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: "...No kidding..." She had finished her coffee and was sitting in the living room again. "You, uh, wouldn't mind if I crashed here again tonight, right?"

"Not at all... Say, gimme a second- I'm gonna see if I can get some electricians and, uh... Window... People..."

(11-06-2015, 03:09 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(11-06-2015, 03:06 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: "...No kidding..." She had finished her coffee and was sitting in the living room again. "You, uh, wouldn't mind if I crashed here again tonight, right?"

"Not at all... Say, gimme a second- I'm gonna see if I can get some electricians and, uh... Window... People..."

"...Yeah, that sounds good. Maybe you could get a charge port here? Er...nah, that'd cost a lot of money, plus you have no use for it unless you lose a limb or worse."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Marxon - 11-06-2015

(11-06-2015, 02:44 AM)Corosar Wrote:
(11-06-2015, 02:37 AM)Umbra Wrote: // aaa sorry I didn't know how to respond ; A;
Return of grouchy permission man.
"Go ahead."

"much obliged sir thank you very much!"

Shi began to move to make hir approach to the planet quickly working on trying to get the atmospheric thrusters ready to fire. Shi had not needed to land on a planet for awhile but has had the practice so shi was not too worried. Hir systems did warn hir as shi approached that hir normal thrusters were not gonna be able to help much once in the atmosphere and must use liquid hydrogen thrusters to leave the planet. Shi quickly shut down the warnings and proceeded. As shi entered the atmosphere shi began to switch hir thrusters from fusion pulse to hir hydrogen systems. There was an audible thunk as hir ship cycled over to the fuel source. Shi began to look for a good landing spot as shi entered the atmosphere.

(11-06-2015, 02:42 AM)Marxon Wrote: // hir does not appear on any well established dictionary, please explain...
// its a word that came into existence during the 19th century its being fought to be made into an offical word however quite a few places recognize it. Hir is the Gender neutral version of Him or Her. I use it in this case as Coro is both male and female meaning that both him and her don't properly fit. my search for a better term showed Hir as one of the options for doing so. Shi still identifies closer to female as do I. If it bothers too many people i will revert to she instead.
///Yeah uhhhh...
(11-06-2015, 02:51 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(11-06-2015, 02:44 AM)Corosar Wrote: // its a word that came into existence during the 19th century its being fought to be made into an offical word however quite a few places recognize it. Hir is the Gender neutral version of Him or Her. I use it in this case as Coro is both male and female meaning that both him and her don't properly fit. my search for a better term showed Hir as one of the options for doing so. Shi still identifies closer to female as do I. If it bothers too many people i will revert to she instead.

// it's honestly going to take a while for me to get used to...
// but only because my inner grammar nazi is screaming about spelling errors that don't exist ; A;
// this
(11-06-2015, 03:05 AM)Surge Wrote: (oh my god I'm getting flashbacks to the speshul snowflake genders and the internal screaming is coming back aaaaaaaaa)
// and this...

// sorry, but yeah...

(11-06-2015, 03:10 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: "...Yeah, that sounds good. Maybe you could get a charge port here? Er...nah, that'd cost a lot of money, plus you have no use for it unless you lose a limb or worse."

"Yeah, I don't plan on that happening to me, so..." Umbra starts making a call.

(11-06-2015, 03:10 AM)Ehksidian Wrote:
(11-06-2015, 03:09 AM)Umbra Wrote: "Not at all... Say, gimme a second- I'm gonna see if I can get some electricians and, uh... Window... People..."

"...Yeah, that sounds good. Maybe you could get a charge port here? Er...nah, that'd cost a lot of money, plus you have no use for it unless you lose a limb or worse."
// if I remember correctly complex life creates plenty of energy in the body, just have to find a way to convert it.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Shaadaris - 11-06-2015

(11-06-2015, 02:33 AM)Corosar Wrote:
(11-06-2015, 02:28 AM)Marxon Wrote: // i think you're spelling her wrong. Also welcome!

//actually.. i am spelling hir correctly. I finally found the proper spelling for hir gender. though its easy to think its wrong.. and thank you for the welcome!~

No offense intended, but really, please, if the character identifies more to one gender or the other, just use that pronoun. If not, use whatever suits them more, or just use they/them, which is in fact an actual gender-neutral singular pronoun in the dictionary. Please. Reading that introduction was incredibly annoying... I have nothing wrong with the agender or neutral gender thing, but I cannot stand special pronouns.

"...All right. They're gonna fix the power problem overnight... I'll call the window people in the morning." Umbra yawns. "Ahh... I'm getting pretty tired... Mind if I just head to bed?..."

(11-06-2015, 04:11 AM)Umbra Wrote: "...All right. They're gonna fix the power problem overnight... I'll call the window people in the morning." Umbra yawns. "Ahh... I'm getting pretty tired... Mind if I just head to bed?..."

"Yeah, that's fine. I'll just sleep on the couch again, I guess."

(11-06-2015, 04:14 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: "Yeah, that's fine. I'll just sleep on the couch again, I guess."

"Sure, sure... Good night." He snuffs out the candles one by one, heading up and drawing the curtain like he did last night.

(11-06-2015, 04:11 AM)Umbra Wrote: "...All right. They're gonna fix the power problem overnight... I'll call the window people in the morning." Umbra yawns. "Ahh... I'm getting pretty tired... Mind if I just head to bed?..."
*meanwhile 80% of the ship is depressurized manually and only battery powered lights function*

// knowing Corosar he saw all of this as a personal attack and will likely not be coming back...

:/

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Corosar - 11-06-2015

(11-06-2015, 02:51 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(11-06-2015, 02:44 AM)Corosar Wrote: // its a word that came into existence during the 19th century its being fought to be made into an offical word however quite a few places recognize it. Hir is the Gender neutral version of Him or Her. I use it in this case as Coro is both male and female meaning that both him and her don't properly fit. my search for a better term showed Hir as one of the options for doing so. Shi still identifies closer to female as do I. If it bothers too many people i will revert to she instead.

// it's honestly going to take a while for me to get used to...
// but only because my inner grammar nazi is screaming about spelling errors that don't exist ; A;

(11-06-2015, 03:05 AM)Surge Wrote: (oh my god I'm getting flashbacks to the speshul snowflake genders and the internal screaming is coming back aaaaaaaaa)

(11-06-2015, 03:13 AM)Marxon Wrote:
(11-06-2015, 02:44 AM)Corosar Wrote: "much obliged sir thank you very much!"

Shi began to move to make hir approach to the planet quickly working on trying to get the atmospheric thrusters ready to fire. Shi had not needed to land on a planet for awhile but has had the practice so shi was not too worried. Hir systems did warn hir as shi approached that hir normal thrusters were not gonna be able to help much once in the atmosphere and must use liquid hydrogen thrusters to leave the planet. Shi quickly shut down the warnings and proceeded. As shi entered the atmosphere shi began to switch hir thrusters from fusion pulse to hir hydrogen systems. There was an audible thunk as hir ship cycled over to the fuel source. Shi began to look for a good landing spot as shi entered the atmosphere.

// its a word that came into existence during the 19th century its being fought to be made into an offical word however quite a few places recognize it. Hir is the Gender neutral version of Him or Her. I use it in this case as Coro is both male and female meaning that both him and her don't properly fit. my search for a better term showed Hir as one of the options for doing so. Shi still identifies closer to female as do I. If it bothers too many people i will revert to she instead.
///Yeah uhhhh...

(11-06-2015, 02:51 AM)Umbra Wrote: // it's honestly going to take a while for me to get used to...
// this

// and this...

// sorry, but yeah...

(11-06-2015, 03:59 AM)Shaadaris Wrote:
(11-06-2015, 02:33 AM)Corosar Wrote: //actually.. i am spelling hir correctly. I finally found the proper spelling for hir gender. though its easy to think its wrong.. and thank you for the welcome!~

No offense intended, but really, please, if the character identifies more to one gender or the other, just use that pronoun. If not, use whatever suits them more, or just use they/them, which is in fact an actual gender-neutral singular pronoun in the dictionary. Please. Reading that introduction was incredibly annoying... I have nothing wrong with the agender or neutral gender thing, but I cannot stand special pronouns.

//okay this pretty much confirmed it.. i wanted to get a good grasp on what you guys would prefer and i very much got my answer... i will keep this in mind for the future.

(11-06-2015, 06:27 AM)Marxon Wrote:
*meanwhile 80% of the ship is depressurized manually and only battery powered lights function*

// knowing Corosar he saw all of this as a personal attack and will likely not be coming back...

:/

// your lack of trust in my understanding of people is..... typical... and no... i didn't take it as an attack... as i personally asked everyone weither or not they were okay with it or not.. seeing as its a no i am gonna quickly go back and change things before going to sleep. though i will request that i also go by She as well.... i may be male but because i was born this way does not mean i am comfortable with it.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Rune - 11-06-2015

// And so the bitching around party starts, yey. (Also Marxon, either stay polite or shut the fuck up.)

Rhayii had taken some time to explore the hangar for hidden spots, elevated positions and similar, never quite forgetting about the other individual in the large hall. Once she was statisfied with her exploration she also strode over to the exit.
Once the door opened for her she stopped as if she had run into a hall, not having expected to many individuals.
After reassuringly sliding her gloved paw over the grip of her handgun she dove into the masses, worming her way through it towards an observation point.

//also here are a few links to the subject of Hir

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/hir
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/hir
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hir (Urban Dictionary is bleh but whatever)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender-specific_and_gender-neutral_pronouns (yea i know wikipedia but ehh)
https://www.wordnik.com/words/hir
https://genderneutralpronoun.wordpress.com/tag/zie-and-hir/ (the best explaination one)

Its not used often simply because there is rarely a no gender or hermaphrodite being in the physical world however it is very possible for there to be in humanity just in case anyone was wondering. just throwing these up for people as even some people in the physical world that are not able to stand being both male and female prefer to be called Hir instead of him or her.... it don't matter if anyone cares about this though i just wish to show that its at least somewhat legitimate.

Note i will like to mention i did get something wrong.... Gender neutral for he or she based on the one i chose was not Shi but instead Ze or Sie my mistake there

(oh god I don't wanna have to do this but if we're getting into mind gender territory I'm gonna need it.
[Image: htaQSh9.gif])

(11-06-2015, 10:04 AM)Surge Wrote: (oh god I don't wanna have to do this but if we're getting into mind gender territory I'm gonna need it.

//ehh you go and have your beer... i identify as female... i plan to keep it such! i really don't care what others say. all i ask is that i be refered to as such... that is all.

(11-06-2015, 10:22 AM)Corosar Wrote:
(11-06-2015, 10:04 AM)Surge Wrote: (oh god I don't wanna have to do this but if we're getting into mind gender territory I'm gonna need it.

//ehh you go and have your beer... i identify as female... i plan to keep it such! i really don't care what others say. all i ask is that i be refered to as such... that is all.
(female I can handle, just don't go inventing pronouns for yourself. or using pronouns other people invented for themselves.)

(11-06-2015, 10:23 AM)Surge Wrote:
(11-06-2015, 10:22 AM)Corosar Wrote: //ehh you go and have your beer... i identify as female... i plan to keep it such! i really don't care what others say. all i ask is that i be refered to as such... that is all.
(female I can handle, just don't go inventing pronouns for yourself. or using pronouns other people invented for themselves.)

// already stated that i will be using she for coro from here on out... as for myself... been using it for longer than i was here.... on the subject of Hir though before it was wiped from human conciousness it was used in actual literature as a female pronoun. i beleive there is a line in a bit of shakespeare that has Hir in it. but yea i promise not to bring this up again.

(11-06-2015, 10:32 AM)Corosar Wrote:
(11-06-2015, 10:23 AM)Surge Wrote: (female I can handle, just don't go inventing pronouns for yourself. or using pronouns other people invented for themselves.)

// already stated that i will be using she for coro from here on out... as for myself... been using it for longer than i was here.... on the subject of Hir though before it was wiped from human conciousness it was used in actual literature as a female pronoun. i beleive there is a line in a bit of shakespeare that has Hir in it. but yea i promise not to bring this up again.

(that's because shakespeare was written in middle english...come on I flunked out of high school and even I know that.)