Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 08-23-2016

(08-23-2016, 01:40 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(08-23-2016, 12:17 AM)achroma Wrote: "We will see. I had the area evacuated so the only damage if any will be to property. Also, why did it call you corrupted? That's kind shady."
The mayor cracks it's knuckles, and runes begin to appear on the ground.

"When did it call me... Oh, right. No, I'm pretty sure that was aimed towards everyone. Anyway..."
The Anomaly steps toward the construct, glaive in hand.
"Give me your best shot."
"̻͓͇͔͓͔̕G̭̘ĺ͎̮̣͔ͅa̬͎͓̺̳d̼̥̲͍l̘͈̰̥̦̪͜y͉.̞͓̖͔͍̖͜ͅ"̶̳̟̼̠͍ͅ It fires a bolt of purple energy straight at Umbra.
He isn't fast enough to dodge it and ends up getting knocked to the ground. "Ow!... What...?"
"What ever you say..."
The mayor watches umbra skidd on the ground, and tries to help him up.
"Something yelled me that this is going to be more difficult that I expected."
Runes begin to swarm around the naginata

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 08-23-2016

(08-23-2016, 11:42 AM)achroma Wrote:
(08-23-2016, 01:40 AM)Umbra Wrote: "When did it call me... Oh, right. No, I'm pretty sure that was aimed towards everyone. Anyway..."
The Anomaly steps toward the construct, glaive in hand.
"Give me your best shot."
"̻͓͇͔͓͔̕G̭̘ĺ͎̮̣͔ͅa̬͎͓̺̳d̼̥̲͍l̘͈̰̥̦̪͜y͉.̞͓̖͔͍̖͜ͅ"̶̳̟̼̠͍ͅ It fires a bolt of purple energy straight at Umbra.
He isn't fast enough to dodge it and ends up getting knocked to the ground. "Ow!... What...?"
"What ever you say..."

"You alright Umbra? Here, you're going to need this more than me." Danu takes the hardlight shield off and hands it back to him to use, realizing he'd need the protection.

Turning to face their foe again, she smiles. "Fear not, creature of evil. You'll soon be at peace."

Hesitating a little bit because she didn't like using her power when people were watching, a flaming sword forms in front of her. It appears to be made entirely of hard light, its shape resembling the heavenly sword Caliburn that King Arthur had drawn from the stone to begin his reign. Unlike its medieval counterpart, or perhaps even a yet untold power it had contained all along, this sword had white flames all along the blade, a fire which was scorching hot to foes but only gently warming to friends.

As she holds the blade out in front of her, a hard-light shield very similar to the shape of the one Umbra had let her try on appears on her arm, only without its emitter.

"Do your worst, restless being of the night!"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Rahizel - 08-23-2016

(08-23-2016, 01:03 PM)OdinYggd Wrote:
(08-23-2016, 11:42 AM)achroma Wrote: "What ever you say..."

"You alright Umbra? Here, you're going to need this more than me." Danu takes the hardlight shield off and hands it back to him to use, realizing he'd need the protection.

Turning to face their foe again, she smiles. "Fear not, creature of evil. You'll soon be at peace."

Hesitating a little bit because she didn't like using her power when people were watching, a flaming sword forms in front of her. It appears to be made entirely of hard light, its shape resembling the heavenly sword Caliburn that King Arthur had drawn from the stone to begin his reign. Unlike its medieval counterpart, or perhaps even a yet untold power in that ancient relic though, this sword had white flames all along the blade, a fire which was scorching hot to foes but only gently warming to friends.

As she holds the blade out in front of her, a hard-light shield very similar to the shape of the one Umbra had let her try on appears on her arm, only without its emitter.

*sees the display and is quite shocked and startled*
*very carefully observes from a moderate distance*

(08-23-2016, 01:03 PM)OdinYggd Wrote:
(08-23-2016, 11:42 AM)achroma Wrote: "What ever you say..."

Hesitating a little bit because she didn't like using her power when people were watching, a flaming sword forms in front of her. It appears to be made entirely of hard light, its shape resembling the heavenly sword Caliburn that King Arthur had drawn from the stone to begin his reign. Unlike its medieval counterpart, or perhaps even a yet untold power it had contained all along, this sword had white flames all along the blade, a fire which was scorching hot to foes but only gently warming to friends.

"Wow, that's something you don't see everyday. So that means your are a seraphim then? That would make more sense."
Lightning strikes the handle of The naginata.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 08-23-2016

(08-23-2016, 01:03 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: "You alright Umbra? Here, you're going to need this more than me." Danu takes the hardlight shield off and hands it back to him to use, realizing he'd need the protection.

The Remnant chuckles. "Q̲͞u̜̯̪i̠͓̖͕͢t̮̺̲̬̣̱̳e ͔̬̜̥s̸̯̳̭̬̞ͅt̪̜̮̫̪̤̬͠u͇̜̭̻̯b͙̥̬̥ḅ̛̱̟̭̺̯o͍̟͚r͖̮̮̮͠n̶͍̪,̦̝̕ ̺a̘͉̦̗̖̹̯r͡en̳͉̥͞'̘͉̤ͅt͖̦̮ ̡͙̰͔y̷ọ̥̼͍͓͔u?̠̞̩̭̰̳̤"
It snaps the fingers on its free hand and six other constructs run onto the scene, each armed in different ways- vicious claws, whips, staves, swords...
"͍͈͍T̲͎͚̺̜h͙͟e̡͖̯̼̤̙̣n̪͓̫̰̠͞ ̟̹̤͚i̷̮͚̪̱̫ṱ͡'͙̟͙͍s̨̤͙̥͖ ̘̗͓̭̤̭m̹̯͖̗̬͠y͚ ̜w͔̙̯̬̼͘o͎̟̗r̙s̲̭ͅt̤̜̰͝ ̕ỳ̯̪̭̠̥̟̯o̺̭̟ͅͅu̼̲̟͖'l̳̫̥͎̭͖͜ͅl̻͔̣ ̵̙̲g̶̰͖̣e͏̠̟͚͖̥t͈̰̮͇̕.̥̘͎̝"̶̠͉͕̟̭ The ground starts to glow purple in several different places around Umbra, Danu, and the mayor.
Umbra gets back up. "Don't be afraid! We may be outnumbered, but they're not as strong as you might think!" He slings an ice spike at one of the newcomer Constructs.
It hits and the being falls over, lifeless, before dispersing as its crystals shatter.

(08-23-2016, 04:21 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(08-23-2016, 01:03 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: "You alright Umbra? Here, you're going to need this more than me." Danu takes the hardlight shield off and hands it back to him to use, realizing he'd need the protection.

The Remnant chuckles. "Q̲͞u̜̯̪i̠͓̖͕͢t̮̺̲̬̣̱̳e ͔̬̜̥s̸̯̳̭̬̞ͅt̪̜̮̫̪̤̬͠u͇̜̭̻̯b͙̥̬̥ḅ̛̱̟̭̺̯o͍̟͚r͖̮̮̮͠n̶͍̪,̦̝̕ ̺a̘͉̦̗̖̹̯r͡en̳͉̥͞'̘͉̤ͅt͖̦̮ ̡͙̰͔y̷ọ̥̼͍͓͔u?̠̞̩̭̰̳̤"
It snaps the fingers on its free hand and six other constructs run onto the scene, each armed in different ways- vicious claws, whips, staves, swords...
"͍͈͍T̲͎͚̺̜h͙͟e̡͖̯̼̤̙̣n̪͓̫̰̠͞ ̟̹̤͚i̷̮͚̪̱̫ṱ͡'͙̟͙͍s̨̤͙̥͖ ̘̗͓̭̤̭m̹̯͖̗̬͠y͚ ̜w͔̙̯̬̼͘o͎̟̗r̙s̲̭ͅt̤̜̰͝ ̕ỳ̯̪̭̠̥̟̯o̺̭̟ͅͅu̼̲̟͖'l̳̫̥͎̭͖͜ͅl̻͔̣ ̵̙̲g̶̰͖̣e͏̠̟͚͖̥t͈̰̮͇̕.̥̘͎̝"̶̠͉͕̟̭ The ground starts to glow purple in several different places around Umbra, Danu, and the mayor.
Umbra gets back up. "Don't be afraid! We may be outnumbered, but they're not as strong as you might think!" He slings an ice spike at one of the newcomer Constructs.
It hits and the being falls over, lifeless, before dispersing as its crystals shatter.
"Let's get started then. Which one to choose..."
The mayor grabs his weapon out of the ground and rushes towards one of the constructs.
"You there, with the whip, it's your lucky day!"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Dipdoo - 08-23-2016

"Perfect!" *Jim walks up to a tree that's slightly smaller than the others and starts tapping away, looking for just the right spot*

*After a minute or two of tapping Jim hefts his axe and starts chopping away, grunting rhythmically with each swing, scattering bits and pieces of wood*

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 08-23-2016

"Huk..."  He winced, bending over holding his side as he flopped down onto the ground, eyes shut tightly as his limbs curled up tighter to him.  A red stain blossomed suddenly across the robe beneath his hand and he finally yelled out wildly in pain.  It was an unpleasant sound to anyone.  It drew troubled expressions from passers by as Zeureis rushed over.  "Wha-what's-" Attempting to get him to move his hand so she could check his apparent injury.  His arm swung back striking her right in the center of the head above her eyes.  

"!^*$  OWW  #$%&"  Cursing before she waited a moment to calm herself so she didn't just yell and kick him.  "What's wrong?!  Why are you bleeding?"  His gritted jaws were clamped tightly for a bit longer, before he finally got a handle of the pain for a moment, though still speaking between his teeth.  "It hurts."  Is all he could manage to say.  The obvious, of course he would, she kind of glared at him, then at the other civies around, at least one likely to have already called medical...  Just great, more attention, and right after getting out after arrest too.  

But she shook her head, a deep sigh as her eyes took on a blue glow, as her brother usually had, and she forced his hand from the wound easily.  She was the fighter between them after all.  A slight protrusion from his skin poked up at his hip, a sight a little too familiar still, as she checked attempting to pull on it slightly, only for Zeurei to suddenly feint.  
"Nn-nooo!  Ohh f-"...

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 08-23-2016

(alright I've got some free time to read and RP now)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 08-23-2016

(08-23-2016, 09:09 PM)Surge Wrote: (alright I've got some free time to read and RP now)

// arrite, lemme start writing

(08-22-2016, 05:08 AM)Surge Wrote: Surge shrugs
"I could simply delete the data 2 hours from now if it'd make you feel better.

“If you wish…”

——

It was two and a half years ago. I had finally become an engineer for the Guard itself. At the time, State was nothing more than a normal Guard, but he aspired to join the upper ranks. Not for a larger salary, but for the greater good. I remember him telling me how he felt that he was never doing enough to help those who needed it. How if he were only a High Guard, he would have the ability and respect to keep defending what mattered most.

At the time, it seemed he would never make it in. He always came so close to passing the inductory tests, but always missed the mark. Eventually, it seemed as if he was going to give up…

It was at that time that the concept of the Paladin Armor Mark Three came into being. One of the first things we began development on was an aim assist. The Guards may not use firearms often, but the need arises every now and then. I did not take part in the actual coding, but I was excited nonetheless. Excited enough to tell my brother about it one evening…

I do not know what thought must have spurred the idea, but he offered to be its first test subject. I tried to write it off, but he was too damn persistent… I eventually gave in. After a bit of persuasion, I managed to get permission for State to be the early alpha tester for the aim assist program. I did not know then how much of a mistake that was…

On the first day of testing, I noticed something… Different about State. Not only did that accursed crosshair appear for the first time, but he seemed… Empty. He started reciting instead of speaking; no emphasis, flair, emotion… As if he were a machine reading lines off a document. I was not sure what had happened until it was too late. As opposed to installing the program directly into his armor, State had installed it into his own hardware. That was when the problem began. We cannot gain external storage without certain modifications; none of which he had. As a result, he had to suppress some of the data he already retained in order for the program to work. I am glad he did not choose to suppress anything important… But the choice he made was to deactivate his emotional programming. Over time, it was lost forever. Never again have I heard him speak with feeling… I fear he may have turned himself into more of a program than a person.

——

“Every now and then, I try to remember what it was like before the installation… But now I can’t remember the last time I even heard State say anything with any tone. I wish I could revert his programming, but at the same time I fear it may cost him the position he deserves to have…” Syntax faces Surge again. “That is why I can’t afford for you to tell anyone. It could ruin his career… Or even worse, our brotherhood…”

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 08-23-2016

(08-23-2016, 09:47 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(08-23-2016, 09:09 PM)Surge Wrote: (alright I've got some free time to read and RP now)

// arrite, lemme start writing

(08-22-2016, 05:08 AM)Surge Wrote: Surge shrugs
"I could simply delete the data 2 hours from now if it'd make you feel better.

“If you wish…”

——

It was two and a half years ago. I had finally become an engineer for the Guard itself. At the time, State was nothing more than a normal Guard, but he aspired to join the upper ranks. Not for a larger salary, but for the greater good. I remember him telling me how he felt that he was never doing enough to help those who needed it. How if he were only a High Guard, he would have the ability and respect to keep defending what mattered most.

At the time, it seemed he would never make it in. He always came so close to passing the inductory tests, but always missed the mark. Eventually, it seemed as if he was going to give up…

It was at that time that the concept of the Paladin Armor Mark Three came into being. One of the first things we began development on was an aim assist. The Guards may not use firearms often, but the need arises every now and then. I did not take part in the actual coding, but I was excited nonetheless. Excited enough to tell my brother about it one evening…

I do not know what thought must have spurred the idea, but he offered to be its first test subject. I tried to write it off, but he was too damn persistent… I eventually gave in. After a bit of persuasion, I managed to get permission for State to be the early alpha tester for the aim assist program. I did not know then how much of a mistake that was…

On the first day of testing, I noticed something… Different about State. Not only did that accursed crosshair appear for the first time, but he seemed… Empty. He started reciting instead of speaking; no emphasis, flair, emotion… As if he were a machine reading lines off a document. I was not sure what had happened until it was too late. As opposed to installing the program directly into his armor, State had installed it into his own hardware. That was when the problem began. We cannot gain external storage without certain modifications; none of which he had. As a result, he had to suppress some of the data he already retained in order for the program to work. I am glad he did not choose to suppress anything important… But the choice he made was to deactivate his emotional programming. Over time, it was lost forever. Never again have I heard him speak with feeling… I fear he may have turned himself into more of a program than a person.

——

“Every now and then, I try to remember what it was like before the installation… But now I can’t remember the last time I even heard State say anything with any tone. I wish I could revert his programming, but at the same time I fear it may cost him the position he deserves to have…” Syntax faces Surge again. “That is why I can’t afford for you to tell anyone. It could ruin his career… Or even worse, our brotherhood…”

Surge sits there quietly for a minute, staring off into the distance as he processes the information "I really wish I could offer up some solution, say 'oh have you tried this?' but there's nothing for this that wouldn't violate who he is even further...I guess the only thing that I really can do is say that I'm sorry this has happened, to both of you. I won't tell anyone, not even 753, and I want you to know that I will gladly help with anything you need, I can't imagine losing a chunk of somebody close to you..."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Dipdoo - 08-23-2016

*Jim backs up from the tree he'd targeted and examines his handiwork.*
'A good shove should do the trick' *He sets his axe down next to the tree and moves around behind it, the wedge he had chopped out of the trunk facing outwards*

*With a mighty grunt Jim pushed against the tree with all his weight, causing a series of snapping sounds throwing splinters out from the damaged base, sending it falling towards the ground.*
"Wooh, tougher than it looked." *Jim grabs his axe and fastens it to the side of his pack before leaning down over the fallen trunk and slowly lifting it from the ground to his chest, then heaving it onto his shoulder.*
*Holding the trunk steady on one his massive shoulders Jim starts trudging back to Woodport."

// well I guess I'll come back in how ever many weeks it will take for this to go through.

//thought this was going in order, but suddenly a train and whole town appears? I'm incredibly confused.

(08-23-2016, 11:47 PM)Rahizel Wrote: // well I guess I'll come back in how ever many weeks it will take for this to go through.

//thought this was going in order, but suddenly a train and whole town appears? I'm incredibly confused.

//it always was there, now attention was brought to it.

(08-23-2016, 11:56 PM)achroma Wrote:
(08-23-2016, 11:47 PM)Rahizel Wrote: // well I guess I'll come back in how ever many weeks it will take for this to go through.

//it always was there, now attention was brought to it.
// but why now I thought that this rp already had enough going on

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 08-24-2016

(08-23-2016, 11:57 PM)Rahizel Wrote:
(08-23-2016, 11:56 PM)achroma Wrote: //it always was there, now attention was brought to it.
// but why now I thought that this rp already had enough going on

//it was a convent time. I'm sorry if I cut off what you where doing. Their is other people in woodport. I'm sure surge wouldn't mind. Last time I check he doesn't bite too hard.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Dipdoo - 08-24-2016

//I have not a single particular thing planned, don't worry about me whatsoever.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 08-24-2016

"You make this look easy." Danu smiles, charging forward with her shield out and her sword ready to strike. She attempts to bash the one nearest to her with the shield, before following up with her sword making a J-shaped sweep to avoid its defenses and make sure her blade would rip into it.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Rahizel - 08-25-2016

*one of these "constructs" with the severe misfortune of being separated from the group and out of sight is seen lifted by the head off the ground by a very angular and bare anatomy synthetic 3 clawed hand extending from a shroud of stormy fog. As the claws dig in the construct is made to tremble as the purple glow is drained from it over the next 10 seconds, until it crumbles into the dust it was formed from.*
Such, pure... power
*the hand retreats into the small stormy cloud which also disappears after a moment*

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 08-25-2016

(08-23-2016, 04:21 PM)Umbra Wrote: The Remnant chuckles. "Q̲͞u̜̯̪i̠͓̖͕͢t̮̺̲̬̣̱̳e ͔̬̜̥s̸̯̳̭̬̞ͅt̪̜̮̫̪̤̬͠u͇̜̭̻̯b͙̥̬̥ḅ̛̱̟̭̺̯o͍̟͚r͖̮̮̮͠n̶͍̪,̦̝̕ ̺a̘͉̦̗̖̹̯r͡en̳͉̥͞'̘͉̤ͅt͖̦̮ ̡͙̰͔y̷ọ̥̼͍͓͔u?̠̞̩̭̰̳̤"

A distracting crackle of energy mars the sound of early battle as another construct suddenly shows itself just outside Umbra's vision to his left.  The short form of a blue glow
eyed avali bursting into sight from nothing.  It does not make any actions, staring straight forwards, no purple crystals mar it's form, only milky white shards of rounded opal, though they each resonate the purple energy. It stands there soundlessly.

(The remnant wouldn't expect this curious happening.)