Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Kohrokho - 09-01-2016

Kor stirs... Where am I? And are those... people? He looks out towards the group. Well, nobody can see me yet. I need more energy for that, otherwise I'm just an average ol' specter with no form. I can probably find an object to wait around in, though.Using the last of his reserves, Kor pours his consciousness into a small light cyan crystal that falls onto the ground, waiting to catch someone' eye and be picked up...

((Note: I have never tried forum RP. {I've done RP before, however!} So, I made my character a little object so that I can follow the RP in someone' pocket and not influence the story until I know where you guys want it to go {that way I don't mess it up Tongue }... Imagine a little glowing crystal sitting in the rubble, and that's my character for now... {It's pretty much the same as a death crystal, except my character only needs enough energy since he's alive.. It's just a way for my character to look for energy, because without energy he is powerless, and cannot assume a form. Sorry if this is a bit long. I just want to give you guys some background material so that you understand my character a bit more. And yes, my character can die (He can't stay in this dimension for long without a form, and will become a crystal again until he can get called back, death-crystal style.)}

TL;DR In other words, I'm starting my character with literally almost nothing, not even a body.

P.S: Try not to drop it. Smile ))

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 09-01-2016

(it's a bold strategy cotton let's see if I need to deus ex it)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 09-01-2016

(09-01-2016, 04:20 PM)Kohrokho Wrote: Kor stirs... Where am I? And are those... people? He looks out towards the group. Well, nobody can see me yet. I need more energy for that, otherwise I'm just an average ol' specter with no form. I can probably find an object to wait around in, though.Using the last of his reserves, Kor pours his consciousness into a small light cyan crystal that falls onto the ground, waiting to catch someone' eye and be picked up...

((Note: I have never tried forum RP. {I've done RP before, however!} So, I made my character a little object so that I can follow the RP in someone' pocket and not influence the story until I know where you guys want it to go {that way I don't mess it up :P }... Imagine a little glowing crystal sitting in the rubble, and that's my character for now... {It's pretty much the same as a death crystal, except my character only needs enough energy since he's alive.. It's just a way for my character to look for energy, because without energy he is powerless, and cannot assume a form. Sorry if this is a bit long. I just want to give you guys some background material so that you understand my character a bit more. And yes, my character can die (He can't stay in this dimension for long without a form, and will become a crystal again until he can get called back, death-crystal style.)}

TL;DR In other words, I'm starting my character with literally almost nothing, not even a body.

P.S: Try not to drop it. :) ))

The bounty hunter approaches the shard casually, occasionally glancing at the on going battle.
"Not a bounty, not my problem."
Achroma picks up the shard and examines it throughly
"This is probably worth some money to someone..."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Dipdoo - 09-01-2016

(08-31-2016, 01:22 AM)achroma Wrote:
(08-30-2016, 11:39 PM)Dipdoo Wrote: "Years of practice from when I started as a little lad. My mother taught me how to carve and my father taught me how to chop!" *Jim beamed, his scruffy face plastered with a child's smile*
"You can keep it if you'd like. Not many people show interest in my wee figures, but I like making them too much to stop."
"That is very intriguing. And I would endulge in keeping this cabin. Where did you get the inspiration for this anyways?"

"I like to think of home when I carve, it reminds me of what I've come from, of the hills." *Jim hefted the next log and set it down in his lap*
"I'll also carve up anything and anyone notable that I can remember. That Floran there was a friend of mine, he threw like no-one else could, and that beast was his greatest hunt, helluva' fighter."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 09-05-2016

(09-01-2016, 09:01 PM)Dipdoo Wrote:
(08-31-2016, 01:22 AM)achroma Wrote:
"That is very intriguing. And I would endulge in keeping this cabin. Where did you get the inspiration for this anyways?"

"I like to think of home when I carve, it reminds me of what I've come from, of the hills." *Jim hefted the next log and set it down in his lap*
"I'll also carve up anything and anyone notable that I can remember. That Floran there was a friend of mine, he threw like no-one else could, and that beast was his greatest hunt, helluva' fighter."

"Interesting, what other hobbies or skill do you have?"
Sol watches the man with a inquiring look.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Dipdoo - 09-06-2016

(09-05-2016, 12:59 AM)achroma Wrote:
(09-01-2016, 09:01 PM)Dipdoo Wrote: "I like to think of home when I carve, it reminds me of what I've come from, of the hills." *Jim hefted the next log and set it down in his lap*

"Interesting, what other hobbies or skill do you have?"

"I'm told I'm as strong as a bear and I'm not too bad at smithing and other woodworking jobs." Jim scratched at his chin for a moment. "I've worked plenty of guard jobs too, not many people like to cause trouble around me. I try to shy away from hurting people though, I'd much rather drink or talk problems out."
"I've always wanted to learn more about the fancy tech you see everywhere now-a-days." Jim looks up and around as if looking for something.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 09-08-2016

(09-06-2016, 09:10 PM)Dipdoo Wrote:
(09-05-2016, 12:59 AM)achroma Wrote: "Interesting, what other hobbies or skill do you have?"

"I'm told I'm as strong as a bear and I'm not too bad at smithing and other woodworking jobs." Jim scratched at his chin for a moment. "I've worked plenty of guard jobs too, not many people like to cause trouble around me. I try to shy away from hurting people though, I'd much rather drink or talk problems out."
"I've always wanted to learn more about the fancy tech you see everywhere now-a-days." Jim looks up and around as if looking for something.

"Metal working? That's interesting. You would fit on the Gaurd force. And I can lead you some tech to study for a while if you want."
Sol attempts to look at what Jim is looking at.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Rahizel - 09-08-2016

// crap I've fallen out of sync

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 09-08-2016

//Its ground to a halt anyway because we all got involved in the fight with the remnant and Umbra has been too busy or whatever to reply to everyone.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Rahizel - 09-08-2016

(09-08-2016, 04:10 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: //Its ground to a halt anyway because we all got involved in the fight with the remnant and Umbra has been too busy or whatever to reply to everyone.
// oh that lovable derp. I think I'll try and check up on him see how he's doing

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 09-09-2016

(09-08-2016, 04:10 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: //Its ground to a halt anyway because we all got involved in the fight with the remnant and Umbra has been too busy or whatever to reply to everyone.

// too lazy and unmotivated, you mean?
// I'll get on it.

(08-30-2016, 05:36 PM)Rahizel Wrote: *any constructs that draw too close to the invisible being are summarily drained, but does not seek to actively combat any of them. Ig seems to only be doing it to avoid detection as they're just returned to dust when no one's looking*

The Remnant's forces start avoiding the area. Seems they're not unwary.

(08-31-2016, 01:22 AM)achroma Wrote: Cornelius begins to slash at the constructs whip, trying to disarm it
"Wait, theirs more of them? Wonderful! I could use some stress relief"

Cornelius' target was "unfortunately" evaporated in one of the energy blasts.
None of the other constructs have noticed him yet. Now would be a good time to strike.

(08-31-2016, 01:50 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: "Thanks. Its easier when we work together." Danu smiles, turning to help Umbra dispose of the critter and watching to see if more were coming her way.

"Behold! The power of friendship!"

"Was that really necessary?" Umbra literally disarms one of the attacking constructs before lopping off its head. "We're not exactly fighting monsters under the bed, here."

(08-31-2016, 05:06 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:
     The Avalian construct took no action to the apparent threat of another assaulting it.  Though it opened it's mouth, and no words came out, none took shape.  And then another crackle of energy, as if on a 6 second lag. 
"Release us, release us, release us."  Repeated thrice, sounding a bit close to home as far as the remnant.  Nothing came of it though.  Simply stood there as the the purple glow of the opals was slowly cleaned, fading to a blue tinted white, and with it the visible spark of sudden recognition and sapience. 

Leaping back, as if in a panic almost to run back first into Umbra, blue tone deepening to fill it's entire form.  Finally speaking with a voice of crackling energy.  "Where-   AHH!  My..."  It flickered for a moment, and then unreadable text splashed across the air around it, familiar and unfamiliar runes to some.  "Why?"  The air directly around it began to flicker and crackle with it, but still nothing happened as it glared at the figure that hung back farther from the action that had begun, and across the crystals that covered them.  "Not you again..."

And then the phrase "Behold!  The power of friendship!"  Was spoken.  And he just stuttered slightly, caught off guard,  "Bawahh."  Looking over at Danu to finally notice who else was there and wincing slightly looking away.

//No I am not trying to add a past to your story.  It's just the previous time there was a run-in by him with the Remnant which he is referring to.  When Umbra was there.

"̴́..̡͡.҉T̵͏h͢͟a͏͠t̴̷͢ ҉v҉͘o̸͟i͢͝ce͝͝.̡͞.͜͝.̨ ̀͘Y̛ò̧͠ų͝ ̸̀̕s͏̛o̶uņ̨d̶.͢.̴́̕. f͡a͟m̴il͏i҉á̵̢r.̴͢ ̢͘W͏͟͞ho ͟͞ar͝ȩ͠ ̶y͝o͏̕͟u̶͟, a͠g̴ai̷̡n̸͠?"͞ It starts threateningly circling the construct.

The new patches of energy explode, but don't catch anything except for a few more constructs.
New ones don't appear, and the one that originally infiltrated the city hall seems fed up.
Umbra nudges Danu. "You think we should move on to the more important target?"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 09-09-2016

(09-09-2016, 01:34 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(08-31-2016, 01:50 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: "Thanks. Its easier when we work together." Danu smiles, turning to help Umbra dispose of the critter and watching to see if more were coming her way.

"Behold! The power of friendship!"

"Was that really necessary?" Umbra literally disarms one of the attacking constructs before lopping off its head. "We're not exactly fighting monsters under the bed, here."

(08-31-2016, 05:06 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:
     The Avalian construct took no action to the apparent threat of another assaulting it.  Though it opened it's mouth, and no words came out, none took shape.  And then another crackle of energy, as if on a 6 second lag. 
"Release us, release us, release us."  Repeated thrice, sounding a bit close to home as far as the remnant.  Nothing came of it though.  Simply stood there as the the purple glow of the opals was slowly cleaned, fading to a blue tinted white, and with it the visible spark of sudden recognition and sapience. 

Leaping back, as if in a panic almost to run back first into Umbra, blue tone deepening to fill it's entire form.  Finally speaking with a voice of crackling energy.  "Where-   AHH!  My..."  It flickered for a moment, and then unreadable text splashed across the air around it, familiar and unfamiliar runes to some.  "Why?"  The air directly around it began to flicker and crackle with it, but still nothing happened as it glared at the figure that hung back farther from the action that had begun, and across the crystals that covered them.  "Not you again..."

And then the phrase "Behold!  The power of friendship!"  Was spoken.  And he just stuttered slightly, caught off guard,  "Bawahh."  Looking over at Danu to finally notice who else was there and wincing slightly looking away.

//No I am not trying to add a past to your story.  It's just the previous time there was a run-in by him with the Remnant which he is referring to.  When Umbra was there.

"̴́..̡͡.҉T̵͏h͢͟a͏͠t̴̷͢ ҉v҉͘o̸͟i͢͝ce͝͝.̡͞.͜͝.̨ ̀͘Y̛ò̧͠ų͝ ̸̀̕s͏̛o̶uņ̨d̶.͢.̴́̕. f͡a͟m̴il͏i҉á̵̢r.̴͢ ̢͘W͏͟͞ho ͟͞ar͝ȩ͠ ̶y͝o͏̕͟u̶͟, a͠g̴ai̷̡n̸͠?"͞ It starts threateningly circling the construct.

The new patches of energy explode, but don't catch anything except for a few more constructs.
New ones don't appear, and the one that originally infiltrated the city hall seems fed up.

"Obviously! If we attack the leader the rest of them might evaporate- or at least will lose their strategy."

Danu charges forward, towards the one who had started this fight. She has her blade raised to strike, and the shield ready to deflect any incoming attacks.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 09-09-2016

(09-09-2016, 01:34 AM)Umbra Wrote: "Was that really necessary?" Umbra literally disarms one of the attacking constructs before lopping off its head. "We're not exactly fighting monsters under the bed, here."

"The one who got a little too close with one of your fragments."  It was a poor joke, one  not really meant to be funny; just keep their attention.  He looked around, though not following the movements of the other construct.  And he smiled.  "No limiter here.  Maybe I can finally..."  Speaking to himself before turning to look at them finally.  "Would you like release?"  One small shard of crystal on the remnant construct's shoulder suddenly began to crack, attempting to shatter.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 09-09-2016

(09-09-2016, 05:51 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: "Obviously! If we attack the leader the rest of them might evaporate- or at least will lose their strategy."

Danu charges forward, towards the one who had started this fight. She has her blade raised to strike, and the shield ready to deflect any incoming attacks.

Umbra charges in with her.
Before they can reach the 'commander', large purple crystals wall them in a ring as all the other constructs dissipate.
"̶͚̙̲̙̤A̸̞̝͈ ̖̭͙͙̩́ͅͅf̻̳̲̳̞o̥̬̞o̝̻͍̦͓̲ḽ̦̥̫h͉a̼̗͕r̛͈̲ͅḓy̟̪̦͍͙̹ ̷͖̩͎͓͓̬m̯̰̫͍̟̦͕o̢̻͎v̱͔̲̣̰̖͙e͈̺̮͔̭̘.̺̝̺̤ͅ"͉̼̯͎̼̦̜ Its cloak has seemingly reappeared out of nowhere. "͡I'̬̭̞̰̜ͅl͉̻̪l̥̘̻̘̤̹ͅ ̥̲̗̜͞e̻͍̝̣n̴̮̫s͕͔̘͉͔u̻r̶͕̲̲͎̬e̸̬͓̯̙̹ ̘͝i̦͚͓͖̪͠ͅt̺̹'͏̯͈̝̰̘̬ś̠̹̣̠̥̣̖ ͏̯̮̹t̤̹͎͎̯̘̙h̤̥̫͓͇̻͡ͅȩ͎͍̞̝͙̭̗ ̡̪̭͓͉̜l̻͚̞a͎̱̮̳̩̟s͜t̙͙͢ ̧̠y̥o̵̯͖u͏͉̫̗͇̘̞'̸̩̞͚̳l̷͈͎͚͚l̶̖̘̗̳̘ ҉̠e̖͞v̻͓̹̰̖eŕ͍ ̢̰̖̫͎͍m҉̻̩a͕̳̺̲̻͓k͏̼̱͚̘͉̰e̴̤!̫͈̭̤̠̀ͅ"͉͚
Its other hand becomes wreathed in a mysterious purple energy as its sword takes on a more jagged appearance.

(09-09-2016, 08:43 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: "The one who got a little too close with one of your fragments."  It was a poor joke, one  not really meant to be funny; just keep their attention.  He looked around, though not following the movements of the other construct.  And he smiled.  "No limiter here.  Maybe I can finally..."  Speaking to himself before turning to look at them finally.  "Would you like release?"  One small shard of crystal on the remnant construct's shoulder suddenly began to crack, attempting to shatter.

"͢Y̧e̢ş́͡!͢͏̧"
"̡N͘ó͟͡!͏͏̨"̷̡
The construct's weapon dissipates as it holds its head in both hands before completely dissipating itself.

That was... Odd.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 09-10-2016

(09-09-2016, 10:08 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(09-09-2016, 05:51 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: "Obviously! If we attack the leader the rest of them might evaporate- or at least will lose their strategy."

Umbra charges in with her.
Before they can reach the 'commander', large purple crystals wall them in a ring as all the other constructs dissipate.
"̶͚̙̲̙̤A̸̞̝͈ ̖̭͙͙̩́ͅͅf̻̳̲̳̞o̥̬̞o̝̻͍̦͓̲ḽ̦̥̫h͉a̼̗͕r̛͈̲ͅḓy̟̪̦͍͙̹ ̷͖̩͎͓͓̬m̯̰̫͍̟̦͕o̢̻͎v̱͔̲̣̰̖͙e͈̺̮͔̭̘.̺̝̺̤ͅ"͉̼̯͎̼̦̜ Its cloak has seemingly reappeared out of nowhere. "͡I'̬̭̞̰̜ͅl͉̻̪l̥̘̻̘̤̹ͅ ̥̲̗̜͞e̻͍̝̣n̴̮̫s͕͔̘͉͔u̻r̶͕̲̲͎̬e̸̬͓̯̙̹ ̘͝i̦͚͓͖̪͠ͅt̺̹'͏̯͈̝̰̘̬ś̠̹̣̠̥̣̖ ͏̯̮̹t̤̹͎͎̯̘̙h̤̥̫͓͇̻͡ͅȩ͎͍̞̝͙̭̗ ̡̪̭͓͉̜l̻͚̞a͎̱̮̳̩̟s͜t̙͙͢ ̧̠y̥o̵̯͖u͏͉̫̗͇̘̞'̸̩̞͚̳l̷͈͎͚͚l̶̖̘̗̳̘ ҉̠e̖͞v̻͓̹̰̖eŕ͍ ̢̰̖̫͎͍m҉̻̩a͕̳̺̲̻͓k͏̼̱͚̘͉̰e̴̤!̫͈̭̤̠̀ͅ"͉͚
Its other hand becomes wreathed in a mysterious purple energy as its sword takes on a more jagged appearance.

"You would not believe how many times I've heard that exact line! Its like, the #3 thing that bad actors say before they are overpowered by a band of ragtag heroes who are fighting to defend their homes. I won't even bother saying the #1, where I come from at least everyone already knows it."

Danu seems rather fearless here, despite having apparently fallen for a trap. Her confidence at surviving the encounter almost borders on arrogance, as she keeps her shield ready but changes her sword stance to avoid accidentally striking the barriers.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 09-10-2016

(09-10-2016, 02:35 AM)OdinYggd Wrote:
(09-09-2016, 10:08 PM)Umbra Wrote: Umbra charges in with her.

"You would not believe how many times I've heard that exact line! Its like, the #3 thing that bad actors say before they are overpowered by a band of ragtag heroes who are fighting to defend their homes. I won't even bother saying the #1, where I come from at least everyone already knows it."

Danu seems rather fearless here, despite having apparently fallen for a trap. Her confidence at surviving the encounter almost borders on arrogance, as she keeps her shield ready but changes her sword stance to avoid accidentally striking the barriers.

A smirk crossed his face as Danu spoke.  "You know she's right."  He was really good at putting on a show and always had been, came with practice, being a very defensive sort, getting your opponent to move first.  "I've heard it before too, pretty sure everyone here has.  But, me?  I'm just wondering how much energy you must have used breaking him apart?  Only for him to, recollect?  Don't know the word you'd use.  But I wonder, was that what you were going for?..  Sounds like you want to lose.  Or at the least, that you don't want to win."  He could very well be lying through his teeth with his wild speculation on what information he'd put together, but then, his guess could be right, make him sound smarter than he was.  And they didn't have to know that either.  Umbra did seem to know them both before and after he'd been impaled in the big debacle a month or so before in woodport.  Also had lotsa sorts arriving at his house before they all up and disappeared and Umbra could then do his flashy flashy again, considering they all looked like that exact "flashy flashy".  Either they were coming together to form some new version of power rangers.  Or Umbra had been returning to near full strength again.  Either way, he was the only one here who couldn't die, per-Se.

//Hopefully that provides enough insight into his guesswork.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 09-11-2016

(09-10-2016, 05:44 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:
(09-10-2016, 02:35 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: "You would not believe how many times I've heard that exact line! Its like, the #3 thing that bad actors say before they are overpowered by a band of ragtag heroes who are fighting to defend their homes. I won't even bother saying the #1, where I come from at least everyone already knows it."

A smirk crossed his face as Danu spoke.  "You know she's right."  He was really good at putting on a show and always had been, came with practice, being a very defensive sort, getting your opponent to move first.  "I've heard it before too, pretty sure everyone here has.  But, me?  I'm just wondering how much energy you must have used breaking him apart?  Only for him to, recollect?  Don't know the word you'd use.  But I wonder, was that what you were going for?..  Sounds like you want to lose.  Or at the least, that you don't want to win."  He could very well be lying through his teeth with his wild speculation on what information he'd put together, but then, his guess could be right, make him sound smarter than he was.  And they didn't have to know that either.  Umbra did seem to know them both before and after he'd been impaled in the big debacle a month or so before in woodport.  Also had lotsa sorts arriving at his house before they all up and disappeared and Umbra could then do his flashy flashy again, considering they all looked like that exact "flashy flashy".  Either they were coming together to form some new version of power rangers.  Or Umbra had been returning to near full strength again.  Either way, he was the only one here who couldn't die, per-Se.

thick tendrils of fog seep from the forests of the planet, slowly moving over the terrain, always in a constant state of flux.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 09-11-2016

(09-10-2016, 02:35 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: "You would not believe how many times I've heard that exact line! Its like, the #3 thing that bad actors say before they are overpowered by a band of ragtag heroes who are fighting to defend their homes. I won't even bother saying the #1, where I come from at least everyone already knows it."

(09-10-2016, 05:44 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: A smirk crossed his face as Danu spoke.  "You know she's right."  He was really good at putting on a show and always had been, came with practice, being a very defensive sort, getting your opponent to move first.  "I've heard it before too, pretty sure everyone here has.  But, me?  I'm just wondering how much energy you must have used breaking him apart?  Only for him to, recollect?  Don't know the word you'd use.  But I wonder, was that what you were going for?..  Sounds like you want to lose.  Or at the least, that you don't want to win."  He could very well be lying through his teeth with his wild speculation on what information he'd put together, but then, his guess could be right, make him sound smarter than he was.  And they didn't have to know that either.  Umbra did seem to know them both before and after he'd been impaled in the big debacle a month or so before in woodport.  Also had lotsa sorts arriving at his house before they all up and disappeared and Umbra could then do his flashy flashy again, considering they all looked like that exact "flashy flashy".  Either they were coming together to form some new version of power rangers.  Or Umbra had been returning to near full strength again.  Either way, he was the only one here who couldn't die, per-Se.

"The loss of those four doesn't matter. This wretched creature you're so intent on protecting is still nothing but a pathetic fragment. You're a fool to talk so arrogantly, now that I'm no longer spread thin."
It raises its free arm and a line of crystals bursts out of the ground, quickly advancing towards the three.
Umbra attempts to throw up an ice wall, but it gets shattered by the oncoming wave. He knocks Danu and the Avalian construct out of the way, trying his best not to hurt them in the process.
The 'Remnant' reappears where the wave meets the wall and lunges towards Danu with unnatural speed.

// See, here's the thing about the Remnant that I've already alluded to. It's not really important to not outright say it, now that it doesn't matter as much.
// While its army is large, it has to keep some amount of manual control over each unit, hence why they all speak in Zalgo with black text. That's why they're normally weak enough to be obliterated with a few hits or one really strong one.
// Now that it only has to focus on one vessel...
// Well.
// They might be in for one hell of a fight.
and this isn't even the "final boss"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 09-11-2016

(oh wow you guys totally started that fight without me.)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Dipdoo - 09-11-2016

(09-08-2016, 10:28 AM)achroma Wrote: F
(09-06-2016, 09:10 PM)Dipdoo Wrote: "I'm told I'm as strong as a bear and I'm not too bad at smithing and other woodworking jobs." Jim scratched at his chin for a moment. "I've worked plenty of guard jobs too, not many people like to cause trouble around me. I try to shy away from hurting people though, I'd much rather drink or talk problems out."

"Metal working? That's interesting. You would fit on the Gaurd force. And I can lead you some tech to study for a while if you want."
Sol attempts to look at what Jim is looking at.

"I've heard of the guard force, they seem like a nice bunch of fellows."
Sol would look up to see a Bluejay flying off towards the trees. "I'd love to look at some tech!" Jim exclaims as he stands up and packs the log in his lap, his fresh carvings, and his tools into his kit. "Lead on!"