Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 09-11-2016

(09-11-2016, 12:19 AM)Umbra Wrote: "The loss of those four doesn't matter. This wretched creature you're so intent on protecting is still nothing but a pathetic fragment. You're a fool to talk so arrogantly, now that I'm no longer spread thin."
It raises its free arm and a line of crystals bursts out of the ground, quickly advancing towards the three.
Umbra attempts to throw up an ice wall, but it gets shattered by the oncoming wave. He knocks Danu and the Avalian construct out of the way, trying his best not to hurt them in the process.
The 'Remnant' reappears where the wave meets the wall and lunges towards Danu with unnatural speed.
and this isn't even the "final boss"

"Note to self, don't speak intelligently to the daft...  You're idiotic you have not had a single true victory and your ignorance and waste of rescources makes my own look like a feather blowing in the wind!"  He yelled even as Umbra attempted to push him out of the way, only for Umbra and Danu to be sent launching through the air in the opposite direction over the top of the spikes, though it wasn't a soft jarring of force by any means, it was something Umbra had seen in action before, back with Sol in woodport.   The crackling of energy and avali form faded though, as the crystals had just reached him. 

He appeared again with the remnant, at arm's length away just to their left, disoriented from the new position.  "Oh hi-AHH!"  He lept backwards landing on his hinders.  "What in the 7 hells is going on?!"

//Ever heard the saying "you got your magic in my magic"?  Yeah.  This time it's the other way around.  Any capability that breaks a fundamental law is magic.  Before we get into semantics.

//Also of note is that he was talking about a lot more than simply this fight.  He's been around during every single attempt at Umbra since the first, if you'd like to think about it.  He's seen how horribly the remnant botched up each attempt, even if he doesn't know the full story.  All he does know, is that the remnant is wasteful and barely trying to kill Umbra.  Looks more like a carefully laid out training exercise.  Considering how it has always chosen to show up when he has the greatest support rather than the many times he was alone or alone enough that support wouldn't have arrived in time, Or when he was fighting someone on his own already, since Azurei  was out of commission and accidentally gave away where Umbra was at the same time at one point.  You can't blame him for making that mistake.  Can you?  This is all constructive.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 09-11-2016

(09-11-2016, 01:43 AM)Dipdoo Wrote:
(09-08-2016, 10:28 AM)achroma Wrote: "Metal working? That's interesting. You would fit on the Gaurd force. And I can lead you some tech to study for a while if you want."
Sol attempts to look at what Jim is looking at.

"I've heard of the guard force, they seem like a nice bunch of fellows."
Sol would look up to see a Bluejay flying off towards the trees. "I'd love to look at some tech!" Jim exclaims as he stands up and packs the log in his lap, his fresh carvings, and his tools into his kit. "Lead on!"

"I thought you might say that. So do you have an occupation?
Sol heads towards the back of a library. The wall is dotted with barrels and crates.
"Also, do you live here or on Eden?

(09-11-2016, 12:19 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(09-10-2016, 02:35 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: "You would not believe how many times I've heard that exact line! Its like, the #3 thing that bad actors say before they are overpowered by a band of ragtag heroes who are fighting to defend their homes. I won't even bother saying the #1, where I come from at least everyone already knows it."

Danu seems rather fearless here, despite having apparently fallen for a trap. Her confidence at surviving the encounter almost borders on arrogance, as she keeps her shield ready but changes her sword stance to avoid accidentally striking the barriers.

(09-10-2016, 05:44 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: A smirk crossed his face as Danu spoke.  "You know she's right."  He was really good at putting on a show and always had been, came with practice, being a very defensive sort, getting your opponent to move first.  "I've heard it before too, pretty sure everyone here has.  But, me?  I'm just wondering how much energy you must have used breaking him apart?  Only for him to, recollect?  Don't know the word you'd use.  But I wonder, was that what you were going for?..  Sounds like you want to lose.  Or at the least, that you don't want to win."  He could very well be lying through his teeth with his wild speculation on what information he'd put together, but then, his guess could be right, make him sound smarter than he was.  And they didn't have to know that either.  Umbra did seem to know them both before and after he'd been impaled in the big debacle a month or so before in woodport.  Also had lotsa sorts arriving at his house before they all up and disappeared and Umbra could then do his flashy flashy again, considering they all looked like that exact "flashy flashy".  Either they were coming together to form some new version of power rangers.  Or Umbra had been returning to near full strength again.  Either way, he was the only one here who couldn't die, per-Se.

//Hopefully that provides enough insight into his guesswork.

"The loss of those four doesn't matter. This wretched creature you're so intent on protecting is still nothing but a pathetic fragment. You're a fool to talk so arrogantly, now that I'm no longer spread thin."
It raises its free arm and a line of crystals bursts out of the ground, quickly advancing towards the three.
Umbra attempts to throw up an ice wall, but it gets shattered by the oncoming wave. He knocks Danu and the Avalian construct out of the way, trying his best not to hurt them in the process.
The 'Remnant' reappears where the wave meets the wall and lunges towards Danu with unnatural speed.

// See, here's the thing about the Remnant that I've already alluded to. It's not really important to not outright say it, now that it doesn't matter as much.
// While its army is large, it has to keep some amount of manual control over each unit, hence why they all speak in Zalgo with black text. That's why they're normally weak enough to be obliterated with a few hits or one really strong one.
// Now that it only has to focus on one vessel...
// Well.
// They might be in for one hell of a fight.

The mayor attempts to flank the remnant trying to draw it's attention away from the rest
"Hey you, shadow guy! How come you aren't In woodport? They just love these kinds of things?!"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Kohrokho - 09-11-2016

Looks like there's enough energy... It may not be the best time to activate, but it's too late now...

The cyan crystal starts to glow...

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 09-11-2016

(09-11-2016, 12:20 AM)Surge Wrote: (oh wow you guys totally started that fight without me.)

// don't worry, it's not the actual Remnant.
// I've got something much bigger planned.

(09-11-2016, 08:08 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: "Note to self, don't speak intelligently to the daft...  You're idiotic you have not had a single true victory and your ignorance and waste of rescources makes my own look like a feather blowing in the wind!"  He yelled even as Umbra attempted to push him out of the way, only for Umbra and Danu to be sent launching through the air in the opposite direction over the top of the spikes, though it wasn't a soft jarring of force by any means, it was something Umbra had seen in action before, back with Sol in woodport.   The crackling of energy and avali form faded though, as the crystals had just reached him. 

He appeared again with the remnant, at arm's length away just to their left, disoriented from the new position.  "Oh hi-AHH!"  He lept backwards landing on his hinders.  "What in the 7 hells is going on?!"

//Ever heard the saying "you got your magic in my magic"?  Yeah.  This time it's the other way around.  Any capability that breaks a fundamental law is magic.  Before we get into semantics.

//Also of note is that he was talking about a lot more than simply this fight.  He's been around during every single attempt at Umbra since the first, if you'd like to think about it.  He's seen how horribly the remnant botched up each attempt, even if he doesn't know the full story.  All he does know, is that the remnant is wasteful and barely trying to kill Umbra.  Looks more like a carefully laid out training exercise.  Considering how it has always chosen to show up when he has the greatest support rather than the many times he was alone or alone enough that support wouldn't have arrived in time, Or when he was fighting someone on his own already, since Azurei  was out of commission and accidentally gave away where Umbra was at the same time at one point.  You can't blame him for making that mistake.  Can you?  This is all constructive.

Umbra drops through the ground before rising back up and hovering above it.
"I think you might be underestimating it. If it had the power to split this Anomaly form into four different ones, I... I don't really want to think about what it might be able to do after we left it alone for a month."

Far into the distance, a figure looks out on the crystal ring and the fight ensuing within.
"Shit... Must've let one through."
They bring out a pair of binoculars to get a better look.
"Looks like a feisty one..."
They immediately begin setting up.

// part of it is my own bad planning, another part is underestimation, and the last part has to do with who's mostly comprising this shade.

(09-11-2016, 11:24 AM)achroma Wrote: The mayor attempts to flank the remnant trying to draw it's attention away from the rest
"Hey you, shadow guy! How come you aren't In woodport? They just love these kinds of things?!"

A large energy blast detonates right in front of the mayor. It doesn't hurt him.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 09-11-2016

(09-11-2016, 03:44 PM)Kohrokho Wrote: Looks like there's enough energy... It may not be the best time to activate, but it's too late now...

The cyan crystal starts to glow...

The avali drops the crystal and steps back
"That can't be good, especially when that fight is going on..."

(09-11-2016, 05:24 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(09-11-2016, 12:20 AM)Surge Wrote: (oh wow you guys totally started that fight without me.)

// don't worry, it's not the actual Remnant.
// I've got something much bigger planned.

(09-11-2016, 08:08 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: "Note to self, don't speak intelligently to the daft...  You're idiotic you have not had a single true victory and your ignorance and waste of rescources makes my own look like a feather blowing in the wind!"  He yelled even as Umbra attempted to push him out of the way, only for Umbra and Danu to be sent launching through the air in the opposite direction over the top of the spikes, though it wasn't a soft jarring of force by any means, it was something Umbra had seen in action before, back with Sol in woodport.   The crackling of energy and avali form faded though, as the crystals had just reached him. 

Umbra drops through the ground before rising back up and hovering above it.
"I think you might be underestimating it. If it had the power to split this Anomaly form into four different ones, I... I don't really want to think about what it might be able to do after we left it alone for a month."

Far into the distance, a figure looks out on the crystal ring and the fight ensuing within.
"Shit... Must've let one through."
They bring out a pair of binoculars to get a better look.
"Looks like a feisty one..."
They immediately begin setting up.

// part of it is my own bad planning, another part is underestimation, and the last part has to do with who's mostly comprising this shade.

(09-11-2016, 11:24 AM)achroma Wrote: The mayor attempts to flank the remnant trying to draw it's attention away from the rest

A large energy blast detonates right in front of the mayor. It doesn't hurt him.
"Wow. So much for talking this out. You deserve all that is coming your way."
Cornelius is phases by the events that occurred

A fleet of forest colored trucks pull up to the endge of the "arena"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 09-12-2016

//I still have to apologize, you hadn't asked for constructive criticism and mine came out of the blue, it really was quite rude.  I need to take another step back and look again soon, so, sorry about that one Umbra.  I let myself get a bit too excited and controlling again.  Uhhg.  I was half way to work when I realised.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 09-12-2016

(09-11-2016, 12:19 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(09-10-2016, 02:35 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: "You would not believe how many times I've heard that exact line! Its like, the #3 thing that bad actors say before they are overpowered by a band of ragtag heroes who are fighting to defend their homes. I won't even bother saying the #1, where I come from at least everyone already knows it."

Danu seems rather fearless here, despite having apparently fallen for a trap. Her confidence at surviving the encounter almost borders on arrogance, as she keeps her shield ready but changes her sword stance to avoid accidentally striking the barriers.

"The loss of those four doesn't matter. This wretched creature you're so intent on protecting is still nothing but a pathetic fragment. You're a fool to talk so arrogantly, now that I'm no longer spread thin."

// See, here's the thing about the Remnant that I've already alluded to. It's not really important to not outright say it, now that it doesn't matter as much.
// While its army is large, it has to keep some amount of manual control over each unit, hence why they all speak in Zalgo with black text. That's why they're normally weak enough to be obliterated with a few hits or one really strong one.
// Well.

Danu jumps clear as Umbra tries to get her out of the way, but had only barely gotten back to her standing when the Remnant charges full force at her.

She raises her shield and braces to take the hit, confident that this fight would soon be over. So far nothing she had encountered on the planet had actually been strong enough to give her cause for concern.

Taking the hit on her shield, she turns to dissipate the momentum of the impact, her blade whirling around to attack her target from behind using his own momentum to drive it.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 09-13-2016

(09-12-2016, 02:53 AM)OdinYggd Wrote:
(09-11-2016, 12:19 AM)Umbra Wrote: "The loss of those four doesn't matter. This wretched creature you're so intent on protecting is still nothing but a pathetic fragment. You're a fool to talk so arrogantly, now that I'm no longer spread thin."

// Well.

Danu jumps clear as Umbra tries to get her out of the way, but had only barely gotten back to her standing when the Remnant charges full force at her.

She raises her shield and braces to take the hit, confident that this fight would soon be over. So far nothing she had encountered on the planet had actually been strong enough to give her cause for concern.

Taking the hit on her shield, she turns to dissipate the momentum of the impact, her blade whirling around to attack her target from behind using his own momentum to drive it.

The Remnant swiftly parries, unaffected.
"Hmph. And I thought you would be a problem."
It thrusts its free hand at the shield, creating a forceful shockwave of energy that would likely knock her backwards.

The beige-cloaked figure crouches in a resting position, aiming some strange weapon at the area.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 09-13-2016

(09-12-2016, 02:53 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: Danu jumps clear as Umbra tries to get her out of the way, but had only barely gotten back to her standing when the Remnant charges full force at her.

The Remnant backsteps out of the way, unaffected.
"̥̮͙̫H̴̯̺̤̱m͈͚̲̪̜͜p̫̪̲̝̲ͅh̳̠.̩̕ ̤͙̣̲͖̕A̤̼͟n͈̱d͉ ̝̦̫̩̺̳̣͠I̛͖̣͚͙̱ ̥̠͉̻̮t̩͓͜h͏͉̗̱͔͇̗o̩͚̖ú͈̹g̕h͈̠̥̲̦t̨̥̮̤ ͓͚͈̱̩y̧̪̬o̮̙̜͙͓̣͎u ̙͞w̙o͈̘u̫l̤͇͖̺̗d̲̤̠͚͜ ̧̲͔̞̼b͙e̩͎̣͡ ̡̻͎̫̩a͡ ̲͉̣̞̦̜̼pr͢ǫ̘b͙̲̟̺ͅͅl̩̲̞̬͈̝̻e̴̞̮̥͕̪͚m̢̹̟̤̼̘͙̯.͔͎̭͡"͚̻̤͔̜̠
It thrusts its free hand at the shield, creating a forceful shockwave of energy that would likely knock her backwards.

The beige-cloaked figure crouches in a resting position, aiming some strange weapon at the area.
"Here goes nothin'..."
It flips a switch and the gun comes alive with energy. It steadies itself, looking down a polygonal scope.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Dipdoo - 09-13-2016

(09-11-2016, 11:24 AM)achroma Wrote:
(09-11-2016, 01:43 AM)Dipdoo Wrote: "I've heard of the guard force, they seem like a nice bunch of fellows."
Sol would look up to see a Bluejay flying off towards the trees. "I'd love to look at some tech!" Jim exclaims as he stands up and packs the log in his lap, his fresh carvings, and his tools into his kit. "Lead on!"

"I thought you might say that. So do you have an occupation?
Sol heads towards the back of a library. The wall is dotted with barrels and crates.

"I mainly do whatever work comes up, sometimes it's guard work, other times it's construction and carving. I've thought about joining up somewhere stable."
Jim follows Sol a few steps away to help accommodate for his stride. Axe hanging on his belt, jangling with each step.
"I have a room up on the Eden, haven't been there long. I've been thinking of building a cabin down here, I'd have to find a hill though. Every forge needs to be on a hill."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 09-14-2016

(09-13-2016, 04:06 AM)Dipdoo Wrote:
(09-11-2016, 11:24 AM)achroma Wrote: "I thought you might say that. So do you have an occupation?

"I mainly do whatever work comes up, sometimes it's guard work, other times it's construction and carving. I've thought about joining up somewhere stable."
Jim follows Sol a few steps away to help accommodate for his stride. Axe hanging on his belt, jangling with each step.
"I have a room up on the Eden, haven't been there long. I've been thinking of building a cabin down here, I'd have to find a hill though. Every forge needs to be on a hill."
"So you do temp work then? I think I could scrounge up some funding for construction supplies for your cabin. Don't worry you won't need to pay me back until you have a more permanent job."
*the kinetic approaches the wall of barrels and sticks his arm between two barrels*

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 09-14-2016

(09-13-2016, 01:15 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(09-12-2016, 02:53 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: Danu jumps clear as Umbra tries to get her out of the way, but had only barely gotten back to her standing when the Remnant charges full force at her.

The Remnant swiftly parries, unaffected.
"Hmph. And I thought you would be a problem."

"If you don't mind I'm also horribly out of practice with this. I don't exactly do 10,000 practice swings a day after all." Danu snapped back at him.

Her shield withstands the shockwave, but does indeed send her stumbling backwards. Remaining on her feet, she hesitates to close in again. Fighting this foe with sword and shield was proving to be fairly ineffective, but she still hesitated on using her real power in front of other people. After all, there was no guarantee that it wouldn't damage her friends too.

//Not sure why Umbra's previous post had been removed. I'm guess I bumped it on accident while reading this yesterday, so I've made it visible again.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Kohrokho - 09-15-2016

The crystal shudders, and becomes dull as a tiny ball of energy forms. Suddenly, a strange man appears in its place. He is wearing a dark black trench coat, and has dark jackboots on his feet. A strange, black crystal with an orange light near the bottom hangs around his neck.
He stands up. "Kaesaireyr Atzerra? ... Erh.. Aegerra Ko? Uh... okay, how about Common? Anyone speak common here?" He looks around, taking a moment to examine the Remnant and the figures defending against them. "Kaea, you do look like the kind of folk who speak Common." With that, he mutters a few words under his breath, and a short blade of dark crystal with a white handle slides into his palm, seemingly from inside his jacket. "Need help?"
The man looks about the battlefield. He seems to stare for a short moment at Danu, and mutters a bit more.
"Although I'm not sure if you need it..."
He then regards the mercenary who had dropped the crystal a moment before, taking a moment to assess his face before replying, "Thanks for not dropping my Gate. That would have sucked."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Dipdoo - 09-15-2016

(09-14-2016, 10:09 AM)achroma Wrote:
(09-13-2016, 04:06 AM)Dipdoo Wrote: "I mainly do whatever work comes up, sometimes it's guard work, other times it's construction and carving. I've thought about joining up somewhere stable."
"So you do temp work then? I think I could scrounge up some funding for construction supplies for your cabin. Don't worry you won't need to pay me back until you have a more permanent job."
*the kinetic approaches the wall of barrels and sticks his arm between two barrels*

"Oh don't worry about the supplies, I'm sure I could do a day or two worth of logging and have what I need." Jim said with an honest smile
"Besides, unless you really like wood, I don't have too much to pay with."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 09-15-2016

(09-15-2016, 02:30 AM)Kohrokho Wrote: The crystal shudders, and becomes dull as a tiny ball of energy forms. Suddenly, a strange man appears in its place. He is wearing a dark black trench coat, and has dark jackboots on his feet. A strange, black crystal with an orange light near the bottom hangs around his neck.
He stands up. "Kaesaireyr Atzerra? ... Erh.. Aegerra Ko? Uh... okay, how about Common? Anyone speak common here?" He looks around, taking a moment to examine the Remnant and the figures defending against them. "Kaea, you do look like the kind of folk who speak Common." With that, he mutters a few words under his breath, and a short blade of dark crystal with a white handle slides into his palm, seemingly from inside his jacket. "Need help?"
The man looks about the battlefield. He seems to stare for a short moment at Danu, and mutters a bit more.
"Although I'm not sure if you need it..."
He then regards the mercenary who had dropped the crystal a moment before, taking a moment to assess his face before replying, "Thanks for not dropping my Gate. That would have sucked."
"Huh that's something you don't see everyday. What did you do to your death crystal?"
The mercanary reaches for its sheathed knife, Just in case

(09-15-2016, 03:23 AM)Dipdoo Wrote:
(09-14-2016, 10:09 AM)achroma Wrote: "So you do temp work then? I think I could scrounge up some funding for construction supplies for your cabin. Don't worry you won't need to pay me back until you have a more permanent job."

"Oh don't worry about the supplies, I'm sure I could do a day or two worth of logging and have what I need." Jim said with an honest smile

"What about the foundation? And, Luckily for you, I just happen to like the carvings you do. so yes, you can pay with wood if you wanted."
The archivist pulls out his arm, with the top of a leaver in hand, and the wall of barrels opens up like a door.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Kohrokho - 09-15-2016

"What? Death.... Whaaat? No, see, I was using an energy conduction multiverse gate system. I was trying to get to a higher-energy plane, but apparently the crystal got attracted to a large amount of unnatural energy by accident, so here I am." He looks over the battlefield and nods towards Danu. "There's a large amount of energy around that one, but if my crystal tried to use that as a source, it would probably shatter."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Timtimthe2nd - 09-15-2016

//*Internal Screaming*
I return, yet again. I really have to stop going AWOL for months at a time. If anybody's feeling charitable, I could really use some catching up.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Dipdoo - 09-15-2016

(09-15-2016, 10:29 AM)achroma Wrote:
(09-15-2016, 03:23 AM)Dipdoo Wrote: "Oh don't worry about the supplies, I'm sure I could do a day or two worth of logging and have what I need." Jim said with an honest smile

"What about the foundation? And, Luckily for you, I just happen to like the carvings you do. so yes, you can pay with wood if you wanted."
The archivist pulls out his arm, with the top of a leaver in hand, and the wall of barrels opens up like a door.

"I'm sure I could find a spade somewhere. Oh thank you lad, it's been too long since I heard that last." Jim said with a growing smile.
"What've you got there?" Jim's smile turned into a surprised grin as the hidden door opened. "A fine door."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 09-15-2016

(09-15-2016, 12:55 PM)Timtimthe2nd Wrote: //*Internal Screaming*
I return, yet again. I really have to stop going AWOL for months at a time. If anybody's feeling charitable, I could really use some catching up.

// Sure thing.
// I started a plot/story arc that several people are already taking part in; Surge is helping with it, too, since we realized we could work on it in tandem because of overlapping ideas.
// achroma introduced a new town, Goldfield. Novakids also exist now.
// I can expand on the plot thing if you want. Fair warning, though; there's quite a bit of fighting.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 09-15-2016

Crackling arms wrapped about the back of the remnant's entity, as Azurei, having been ignored outright opened his maw and bit down at their neck from his elevated position on their back, his entire form felt like the physical manifestation of that tingle at the back of your spine you get when you're being watched.  Attempting to rip and tear at them flatly, he was no warrior after all, but he knew to go for the neck at least.  New runes blossomed about his frontal limbs as he attempted this, applying his meager entity's body weight forwards in the hope of knocking them down forwards.  His mouth was too full to really say anything smart-assed.