Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Shaadaris - 09-24-2016

((welp i have no idea what's going on anymore i've missed too much. hate to be the guy who asks this but where is everyone and what is happening at the current moment storywise?))

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 09-24-2016

(09-22-2016, 07:41 PM)Dipdoo Wrote:
(09-22-2016, 01:12 AM)achroma Wrote: "You wanted to see some tech?"
The kineptic drops a hard light emmiter on the the table 

Jim looked right at the emitter with an over-eager smile. "I've seen one of these before!" He said as he reached out and tapped the solid light.
"The last one broke my old hammer." He remembered with a slight frown.

"That's unfortunate. I Beleive that this a military quality emmiter, but I'm not sure."

(09-22-2016, 06:47 PM)Umbra Wrote: "Where do ya all think you're goin'? That thing ain't dead."
"What? What do you mean?"
"I mean your job ain't done. There's still a bunch a' those things out there, and it seems like I'm the only one doin' anything 'bout it!"
"Does... Does that mean you know where they are?"
"You bet that fluffy tail of yours. If you and your friends here are goin' after that thing, there's still work t'be done."

"This is as close as an anwser I'm going to ge-" Cornelius breaks into a coughing fit, and a few splats of blood dot his handkerchief.
"I need to get going soon, people don't manage themselves you know..."
Cornelius paces away and into the Capitol building.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Timtimthe2nd - 09-24-2016

(09-23-2016, 02:01 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(09-22-2016, 11:50 PM)Timtimthe2nd Wrote: Tim looks over at the stranger who had approached. "More of those things? Great, looks like I won't be getting a break today." He pulls out his pistol, removing the clip to show it to the novakid. Upon inspection of the brightly colored ammo, one could tell that it was modified to explode on impact. "Will this work?"

He walks over to see for himself.
"Yeah, that'll do. I wouldn't get yerself caught up in this unless you can actually hold yer own, though."

Tim puts his pistol back into the holster. "It wouldn't be my first battle. I can handle myself in a fight. Plus, don't you guys need all the help you can get?"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 09-24-2016

(09-24-2016, 08:44 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: ((welp i have no idea what's going on anymore i've missed too much. hate to be the guy who asks this but where is everyone and what is happening at the current moment storywise?))

// I'm working on closing the Remnant story arc in the new town Joey introduced. A construct it was possessing was putting up a real fight until it got shot through the head by a railgun.

(09-24-2016, 03:45 PM)Timtimthe2nd Wrote: Tim puts his pistol back into the holster. "It wouldn't my first battle. I can handle myself in a fight. Plus, don't you guys need all the help you can get?"

"I'm not sure if that's-"
"Accepted."
"...I'm not in charge anymore, am I?"
"I'm sorry, do you know where the cave is?"
"Yes. We finally traced the energy source to a cave."
"If we're thinkin' 'bout the same cave, I've known where it was fer two weeks. Sorry excuses for Guards wouldn't believe me. I'd whip 'em into shape myself if I was posted here."
"Wait, you're... You're a Guard, too?"
"I don't visit the office much. But yeah." The novakid that still has yet to introduce himself walks back over to where the spike was and pulls it out with a grunt. The tip has visibly shrunk in comparison to the rest of the spike. "You wouldn't mind heftin' this somewhere with me, would ya? Silver ain't exactly cheap, and I need the printin' material back."
"Uh. Sure." Umbra jogs over to help the Novakid carry the spike. "Uh... Danu, maybe you should stay here if you still want to help out."
"We leave for the cave at dawn. Go home if ya want, but if you're still helpin', come back before then."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Timtimthe2nd - 09-24-2016

(09-24-2016, 04:00 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(09-24-2016, 08:44 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: ((welp i have no idea what's going on anymore i've missed too much. hate to be the guy who asks this but where is everyone and what is happening at the current moment storywise?))

// I'm working on closing the Remnant story arc in the new town Joey introduced. A construct it was possessing was putting up a real fight until it got shot through the head by a railgun.

(09-24-2016, 03:45 PM)Timtimthe2nd Wrote: Tim puts his pistol back into the holster. "It wouldn't my first battle. I can handle myself in a fight. Plus, don't you guys need all the help you can get?"

"Accepted."
"If we're thinkin' 'bout the same cave, I've known where it was fer two weeks. Sorry excuses for Guards wouldn't believe me. I'd whip 'em into shape myself if I was posted here."
"I don't visit the office much. But yeah." The novakid that still has yet to introduce himself walks back over to where the spike was and pulls it out with a grunt. The tip has visibly shrunk in comparison to the rest of the spike. "You wouldn't mind heftin' this somewhere with me, would ya? Silver ain't exactly cheap, and I need the printin' material back."
"Uh. Sure." Umbra jogs over to help the Novakid carry the spike. "Uh... Danu, maybe you should stay here if you still want to help out."
"We leave for the cave at dawn. Go home if ya want, but if you're still helpin', come back before then."

Tim nods in agreement. "Let me go grab some more of my gear. Oh, and before I forget, here." He tosses a small device to the novakid. "That has my comm frequency on it, call if you need anything. I'll be back in a couple of hours." With that, Tim starts off towards the shuttle port.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 09-25-2016

(timtim I demand to know the sauce on that avatar)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Timtimthe2nd - 09-25-2016

(09-25-2016, 03:30 AM)Surge Wrote: (timtim I demand to know the sauce on that avatar)

//umm...

I just found it here...

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjJl7T40qnPAhVKNz4KHaNMCBMQjRwIBw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.pinterest.com%2Fadam3843%2Fsci-fi-ideas%2F&bvm=bv.133700528,d.amc&psig=AFQjCNGF7wYoP7vVlwRZBhfcKXfaJ4Uk_Q&ust=1474862991303133

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Dipdoo - 09-25-2016

(09-24-2016, 10:43 AM)achroma Wrote:
(09-22-2016, 07:41 PM)Dipdoo Wrote: Jim looked right at the emitter with an over-eager smile. "I've seen one of these before!" He said as he reached out and tapped the solid light.
"The last one broke my old hammer." He remembered with a slight frown.

"That's unfortunate. I Beleive that this a military quality emmiter, but I'm not sure."

"Why are they so strong? I've made military gear before, but I haven't seen anything that wouldn't crack under that hammer."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 09-25-2016

(09-25-2016, 04:14 AM)Timtimthe2nd Wrote:
(09-25-2016, 03:30 AM)Surge Wrote: (timtim I demand to know the sauce on that avatar)

//umm...

I just found it here...

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjJl7T40qnPAhVKNz4KHaNMCBMQjRwIBw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.pinterest.com%2Fadam3843%2Fsci-fi-ideas%2F&bvm=bv.133700528,d.amc&psig=AFQjCNGF7wYoP7vVlwRZBhfcKXfaJ4Uk_Q&ust=1474862991303133

(shit I'd need to make an account to view)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Kohrokho - 09-25-2016

Kor sits in the field, eyeing the metal spike with a quizzical expression and watching people go by.

((Keio Speech, requires knowledge on the Q1-Dimension))"Cicada,  we need to accumulate some information. can you write me the form and functional parameters of the energy dispersal that just occurred? thanks. oh, and i doubt I'll be engaging in combat any time soon, at least not until i can adapt..."

After having sat on the grass for a long while, Kor walks towards the town nearby at a steady pace.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 09-25-2016

(09-25-2016, 04:48 AM)Dipdoo Wrote:
(09-24-2016, 10:43 AM)achroma Wrote: "That's unfortunate. I Beleive that this a military quality emmiter, but I'm not sure."

"Why are they so strong? I've made military gear before, but I haven't seen anything that wouldn't crack under that hammer."
"It's solid light, as the name implies. And list time I checked, light isn't breakable."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 09-25-2016

(09-25-2016, 04:48 AM)Dipdoo Wrote: "Why are they so strong? I've made military gear before, but I haven't seen anything that wouldn't crack under that hammer."

(09-25-2016, 02:50 PM)achroma Wrote: "It's solid light, as the name implies. And list time I checked, light isn't breakable."

/*
*BUZZER SOUND*
Hardlight of any kind is breakable; including military grade stuff. The only difference is that military shields would have a much higher breaking point.
Other than that, you guys are fine. Just felt like I had to get that out there.
*/

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Rahizel - 09-25-2016

(09-25-2016, 02:59 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(09-25-2016, 04:48 AM)Dipdoo Wrote: "Why are they so strong? I've made military gear before, but I haven't seen anything that wouldn't crack under that hammer."

(09-25-2016, 02:50 PM)achroma Wrote: "It's solid light, as the name implies. And list time I checked, light isn't breakable."

/*
*BUZZER SOUND*
Hardlight of any kind is breakable; including military grade stuff. The only difference is that military shields would have a much higher breaking point.
*/
(Want to point put that a suspended field of photons would not actually emit much light at all, but would glow brightly where damaged as photons are knocked free)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Dipdoo - 09-25-2016

(09-25-2016, 02:50 PM)achroma Wrote:
"It's solid light, as the name implies. And list time I checked, light isn't breakable."

"Oh anything solid can break, you just need to hit it hard enough for long enough." Jim said with a tap of his head.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 09-25-2016

(09-22-2016, 11:50 PM)Timtimthe2nd Wrote:
(09-22-2016, 06:47 PM)Umbra Wrote: "Where do ya all think you're goin'? That thing ain't dead."
"What? What do you mean?"
"I mean your job ain't done. There's still a bunch a' those things out there, and it seems like I'm the only one doin' anything 'bout it!"
"Does... Does that mean you know where they are?"
"You bet that fluffy tail of yours. If you and your friends here are goin' after that thing, there's still work t'be done."

Tim looks over at the stranger who had approached. "More of those things? Great, looks like I won't be getting a break today." He pulls out his pistol, removing the clip to show it to the novakid. Upon inspection of the brightly colored ammo, one could tell that it was modified to explode on impact. "Will this work?"

(09-24-2016, 04:00 PM)Umbra Wrote:

"Accepted."

"Oh, there's more to this? Things had gotten quiet so I thought we were done for the time being. Of course I'll see this through to the end." Danu nods and turns back towards the group.

"Not sure how useful I'll be though. That fight knocked me around some, I seem to be getting old and not fighting as well as I used to."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 09-25-2016

(09-25-2016, 02:59 PM)Umbra Wrote:

/*
*BUZZER SOUND*
*/

//thanks for the tip also, was the spike from the remnant or the novakid?//

(09-25-2016, 07:07 PM)Dipdoo Wrote:

"Oh anything solid can break, you just need to hit it hard enough for long enough." Jim said with a tap of his head.

"My bad, it's been awhile since I got my hands on this kind of stuff. The guards kinda protect this stuff very seriously."

(09-25-2016, 08:11 AM)Kohrokho Wrote: Kor sits in the field, eyeing the metal spike with a quizzical expression and watching people go by.

((Keio Speech, requires knowledge on the Q1-Dimension))"Cicada,  we need to accumulate some information. can you write me the form and functional parameters of the energy dispersal that just occurred? thanks. oh, and i doubt I'll be engaging in combat any time soon, at least not until i can adapt..."

After having sat on the grass for a long while, Kor walks towards the town nearby at a steady pace.

One of the local Garuds approaches keio, glancing over at the group
"Do you know what went on over there? Also why are you where, an evacuation was ordered?"

(09-25-2016, 09:46 PM)achroma Wrote: //thanks for the tip also, was the spike from the remnant or the novakid?//

// the Novakid. I think I may have made allusions to what fired it and why he needs it back.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Timtimthe2nd - 09-25-2016

Soon the device that Tim had given to the novakid would begin to buzz before Tim's voice could be heard coming from it.
"Hey, quick question, how far is the cave from town?"

(09-25-2016, 10:51 PM)Timtimthe2nd Wrote: Soon the device that Tim had given to the novakid would begin to buzz before Tim's voice could be heard coming from it.

"Don't worry 'bout it. It's far enough."
He hangs up. Rude.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Timtimthe2nd - 09-26-2016

(09-25-2016, 11:59 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(09-25-2016, 10:51 PM)Timtimthe2nd Wrote: Soon the device that Tim had given to the novakid would begin to buzz before Tim's voice could be heard coming from it.

"Don't worry 'bout it. It's far enough."
He hangs up. Rude.

"Well then."