Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 09-26-2016

(09-25-2016, 08:59 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: "Oh, there's more to this? Things had gotten quiet so I thought we were done for the time being. Of course I'll see this through to the end." Danu nods and turns back towards the group.

"Not sure how useful I'll be though. That fight knocked me around some, I seem to be getting old and not fighting as well as I used to."

"You're a Hieromancer, right? I think you're underestimatin' yourself. They may not be creatures of darkness, but those light constructs you were usin' will work just as well as anythin' we've got."
"So... Where are we taking this?"
"I'm set up near the edge of town. Got a decompiler there. Throw the spike in and it's all reverted back to printin' material in a few minutes."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 09-26-2016

(09-26-2016, 01:56 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(09-25-2016, 08:59 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: "Oh, there's more to this? Things had gotten quiet so I thought we were done for the time being. Of course I'll see this through to the end." Danu nods and turns back towards the group.

"Not sure how useful I'll be though. That fight knocked me around some, I seem to be getting old and not fighting as well as I used to."

"You're a Hieromancer, right? I think you're underestimatin' yourself. They may not be creatures of darkness, but those light constructs you were usin' will work just as well as anythin' we've got."
"So... Where are we taking this?"
"I'm set up near the edge of town. Got a decompiler there. Throw the spike in and it's all reverted back to printin' material in a few minutes."

"I'm not actually sure just what I classify as by the texts and terminology used in these parts, so we'll just call it that. You say you have a way to break this thing down and get some information on just what we are dealing with?"

She looked at the spike that had remained.

"Whatever it was, it didn't really feel like a dark infernal or any sort of damned soul. It was just there, and not being very friendly."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Timtimthe2nd - 09-26-2016

Soon Tim can be seen walking back to the group. He was wearing an armored vest now, carrying a pack on one shoulder. It was now easy to see that his left arm had been replaced by a sleek black cybernetic version.
"Hey, I'm back. Did anything happen while I was gone?"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 09-26-2016

(09-26-2016, 03:11 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: "I'm not actually sure just what I classify as by the texts and terminology used in these parts, so we'll just call it that. You say you have a way to break this thing down and get some information on just what we are dealing with?"

"Whatever it was, it didn't really feel like a dark infernal or any sort of damned soul. It was just there, and not being very friendly."

"You make things outta light, right? Saw it through my scope. If you can do that, you've gotta be a Hieromancer."
It looks machined and unpolished- printed, almost- but it's close enough to silver that it probably is exactly that.
"Anyway, those things... I don't know what they are, either, but they're definitely not livin'. Every time one dies, you can see it crumble up, like dust. I figure somethin's commandin' 'em deep in the cave. And now that there's enough of us, I think it's 'bout time I found out what."

// Just to clarify, the Novakid fired the spike from the gun that's slung on his back. Said gun is one of the first things I mentioned about him.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 09-30-2016

(09-26-2016, 10:04 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(09-26-2016, 03:11 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: "I'm not actually sure just what I classify as by the texts and terminology used in these parts, so we'll just call it that. You say you have a way to break this thing down and get some information on just what we are dealing with?"

"You make things outta light, right? Saw it through my scope. If you can do that, you've gotta be a Hieromancer."
It looks machined and unpolished- printed, almost- but it's close enough to silver that it probably is exactly that.
"Anyway, those things... I don't know what they are, either, but they're definitely not livin'. Every time one dies, you can see it crumble up, like dust. I figure somethin's commandin' 'em deep in the cave. And now that there's enough of us, I think it's 'bout time I found out what."

// Just to clarify, the Novakid fired the spike from the gun that's slung on his back. Said gun is one of the first things I mentioned about him.
A drizzle begins, as gray clouds roll across the sky. The weather is becoming colder and windy. The sessions are shifting.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 09-30-2016

Disembarking from the shuttle Surge checks his bag once again and attempts to shield it from the imminent rain, heading off in the direction 753 told him to at a jog.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 10-03-2016

//I really fucked up this time. I usually visit this place using mobile, and this update removed the color chat and all the features associated with that.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 10-05-2016

A gaurd approaches surge, trying to halt him.
"Sir, an evacuation was ordered, please leave the premises and seek shelter. Also are you new here...?"

//I have to do colour manually, until Odin can find a fix

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 10-10-2016

// okay, I feel like going forward again.
// timeskip to the next day?

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 10-10-2016

(10-10-2016, 01:53 AM)Umbra Wrote: // okay, I feel like going forward again.
//why not? Let's see if this kick starts this

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Timtimthe2nd - 10-10-2016

(09-30-2016, 01:17 AM)achroma Wrote: A drizzle begins, as gray clouds roll across the sky. The weather is becoming colder and windy. The sessions are shifting.
(10-10-2016, 11:36 AM)achroma Wrote:
(10-10-2016, 01:53 AM)Umbra Wrote: // okay, I feel like going forward again.
//why not? Let's see if this kick starts this
Tim doesn't seem to be all that affected by the sudden colder weather, as he easily had dozed off the night before. He was still laying on the ground using his pack as a pillow.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 10-10-2016

He'd been sitting there for a while humming to himself as his eyes occasionally flickered blue.  They'd left his cuffs on by his own request.  Little had happened, they had yet to ask him anything over the course of the night.  Yet to question him at all really, seemed like they were just studying his reactions to being there.  He hadn't moved this entire time, had been repeating the same tune, and then the cuffs came off, thumping onto the bed, and then the floor as he shoved them off, rubbing his wrists.  Before he worked a few runes up in front of himself and started tapping them with his individual fingers.  Had to amuse himself somehow, as he began practicing quite a basic tune from the limited amount of notes he'd allayed before himself.  His spinal collumn still softly throbbed at it's base, but the hospital had already removed what they could of the purple crystal.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 10-11-2016

Umbra and the mysterious Novakid have reappeared in the Goldfield town square after a night's rest.
"So... We wait?"
"You betcha."
Umbra rubs his arms on his upper arms. "Brr..."
The Novakid shoots him a funny look. "...You're a cryomancer. How're you cold?"
"Look, I dunno, I just... Get cold. Just because I can make snowballs and stuff doesn't mean I can hike through mountains in shorts and a tank top..."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Timtimthe2nd - 10-11-2016

(10-11-2016, 10:01 PM)Umbra Wrote: Umbra and the mysterious Novakid have reappeared in the Goldfield town square after a night's rest.
"So... We wait?"
"You betcha."
Umbra rubs his arms on his upper arms. "Brr..."
The Novakid shoots him a funny look. "...You're a cryomancer. How're you cold?"
"Look, I dunno, I just... Get cold. Just because I can make snowballs and stuff doesn't mean I can hike through mountains in shorts and a tank top..."

Tim walks over, stretching. "So, what's the plan?"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 10-11-2016

Entering the town square to start his search over, Surge luckily spots exactly the person he was looking for. Running over he quickly asks
"You're Umbra right? 753 sent me to help with our uh, issue."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 10-12-2016

(10-11-2016, 10:32 PM)Timtimthe2nd Wrote: Tim walks over, stretching. "So, what's the plan?"

"First, we wait 'til everyone's here."

(10-11-2016, 10:47 PM)Surge Wrote: Entering the town square to start his search over, Surge luckily spots exactly the person he was looking for. Running over he quickly asks

"Oh! Good. Uh, yes, that's me."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 10-12-2016

(10-12-2016, 12:01 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(10-11-2016, 10:32 PM)Timtimthe2nd Wrote: Tim walks over, stretching. "So, what's the plan?"

"First, we wait 'til everyone's here."

(10-11-2016, 10:47 PM)Surge Wrote: Entering the town square to start his search over, Surge luckily spots exactly the person he was looking for. Running over he quickly asks

"Oh! Good. Uh, yes, that's me."

"Oh! great!"
Surge pauses for a moment, not sure how to proceed.
"so, er, would you mind filling me in on what's going on? Since I'll be helping I guess"

(10-12-2016, 12:57 AM)Surge Wrote: "Oh! great!"
Surge pauses for a moment, not sure how to proceed.
"so, er, would you mind filling me in on what's going on? Since I'll be helping I guess"

"Well, we recently had a run-in with some of the Remnant's "thralls"... Apparently, my new Novakid friend here knows where it's-"
"I ain't a friend. Acquaintance."
"...Right. Anyway, he knows where the Remnant's lair is. We're about to go kill it once and for all."
"'Bout time, too. I've been waitin' for backup so we could put an end to all the thralls crawlin' out of it, but I don't think my message ever got transmitted. Been hearing things just from the mouth of the cave, too... Unnatural howlin'. I'm thinking there's somethin' down there that's makin' 'em. Somethin' big."
"...That... Doesn't sound good..."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 10-12-2016

"Oh! Speaking of destroying the shade, 753 thinks he has something can legitimately destroy it!"

(10-12-2016, 03:44 AM)Surge Wrote: "Oh! Speaking of destroying the shade, 753 thinks he has something can legitimately destroy it!"

"Oh, great!... Is he sure it'll work, though? I mean, I know he's an expert on this kind of thing, but... I dunno."

// I'm actually surprised that 753 isn't a bit more involved- there's a lot more at work than just a shade here.