Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 10-12-2016

(10-12-2016, 02:01 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(10-12-2016, 03:44 AM)Surge Wrote: "Oh! Speaking of destroying the shade, 753 thinks he has something can legitimately destroy it!"

"Oh, great!... Is he sure it'll work, though? I mean, I know he's an expert on this kind of thing, but... I dunno."

// I'm actually surprised that 753 isn't a bit more involved- there's a lot more at work than just a shade here.
Surge shrugs, glancing around nervously
"No he isn't, neither am I, but what choice do we have?"
(he explained that previously iirc, basically Surge and you take the first pass at fixing this, if he gets involved and anything goes wrong, paradoxes and such will stop him from setting it right. This way if we blow it he can fix it himself)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 10-12-2016

(10-12-2016, 02:03 PM)Surge Wrote:
(10-12-2016, 02:01 PM)Umbra Wrote: "Oh, great!... Is he sure it'll work, though? I mean, I know he's an expert on this kind of thing, but... I dunno."

// I'm actually surprised that 753 isn't a bit more involved- there's a lot more at work than just a shade here.
Surge shrugs, glancing around nervously
"No he isn't, neither am I, but what choice do we have?"
(he explained that previously iirc, basically Surge and you take the first pass at fixing this, if he gets involved and anything goes wrong, paradoxes and such will stop him from setting it right. This way if we blow it he can fix it himself)

// I mostly meant that in that it's another thing 753 may not have seen before. I could PM you with more details or something.
"True..."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Timtimthe2nd - 10-12-2016

(10-12-2016, 12:01 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(10-11-2016, 10:32 PM)Timtimthe2nd Wrote: Tim walks over, stretching. "So, what's the plan?"

"First, we wait 'til everyone's here."

(10-11-2016, 10:47 PM)Surge Wrote: Entering the town square to start his search over, Surge luckily spots exactly the person he was looking for. Running over he quickly asks
"You're Umbra right? 753 sent me to help with our uh, issue."

"Oh! Good. Uh, yes, that's me."

"Obviously. I meant our plan for fighting those things."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 10-12-2016

(10-12-2016, 09:45 PM)Timtimthe2nd Wrote: "Obviously. I meant our plan for fighting those things."

"Don't die."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 10-12-2016

(10-12-2016, 10:06 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(10-12-2016, 09:45 PM)Timtimthe2nd Wrote: "Obviously. I meant our plan for fighting those things."

"Don't die."
Surge nods hurriedly
"As good a plan as any. Once the shade is out in the open these devices should destroy it once and for all"
He adjusts the bag slung over his shoulder for emphasis

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 10-13-2016

"Sorry I'm late. I ended up going back to woodport briefly in order to get the right equipment for this. My working clothes just plain weren't going to be good enough if we got into a corner."

Danu had finally caught up to the group that was assembling to investigate the caverns. This time though she had put aside her usual button shirt and jeans for a khaki shirt and matching knee length skirt, styled after what an explorer might wear. Every so often someone looking at it might catch a faint sparkle in the sunlight, even though there was nothing shiny about it.

She was also carrying a backpack that likely held supplies, a coil of rope on the back. There was a fairly sturdy stick poking out of the top, which curved over her head and carried a lantern. It might be a bit impractical if the cavern ended up with low ceilings, but she would probably fold that up or something if necessary.

"Who else are we waiting for? Am I the last one to get here?"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 10-13-2016

(10-13-2016, 12:06 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: "Sorry I'm late. I ended up going back to woodport briefly in order to get the right equipment for this. My working clothes just plain weren't going to be good enough if we got into a corner."

Danu had finally caught up to the group that was assembling to investigate the caverns. This time though she had put aside her usual button shirt and jeans for a khaki shirt and matching knee length skirt, styled after what an explorer might wear. Every so often someone looking at it might catch a faint sparkle in the sunlight, even though there was nothing shiny about it.

She was also carrying a backpack that likely held supplies, a coil of rope on the back. There was a fairly sturdy stick poking out of the top, which curved over her head and carried a lantern. It might be a bit impractical if the cavern ended up with low ceilings, but she would probably fold that up or something if necessary.

"Well, let's see, there's..." Umbra counts on his fingers. "...Yeah, I think we have everyone unless I'm forgetting someone. Me, Danu, Novakid, that guy, robot person... Yeah, I think that's all."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Timtimthe2nd - 10-13-2016

(10-13-2016, 01:04 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(10-13-2016, 12:06 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: "Sorry I'm late. I ended up going back to woodport briefly in order to get the right equipment for this. My working clothes just plain weren't going to be good enough if we got into a corner."

"Well, let's see, there's..." Umbra counts on his fingers. "...Yeah, I think we have everyone unless I'm forgetting someone. Me, Danu, Novakid, that guy, robot person... Yeah, I think that's all."

Tim puts his pack back on. "I'm ready to go when you guys are."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Comito - 10-15-2016

Gregor was in town, staring intently at a soda vending machine.

There was a screen with many brands of soda displayed on the front, which when pressed would show all drinks sold by that brand. Some brands were new, some were ancient, and some originated from other places in the galaxy. When a drink was selected, it would be delivered by a miniature teleporter housed within the machine.

The Jakkai had been there for about seven minutes, unsure of which one to get. Nothing was going on crime-wise that he knew of, and he was sure there wasn't any other important business to attend to, so he had decided to get some refreshment. Now he just needed to make a choice...

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Sock of Retribution - 10-20-2016

(So, ehm, how exactly does one enter this RP properly? I really don't wanna barge in, even though I probably just did.)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 10-20-2016

(the only thing we really ask before you join is to not derail anything currently going, you can read back or ask somebody more active than me to fill you in. This thread has been super slow lately though)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Sock of Retribution - 10-21-2016

A planet called Nexus? Jiroku knew he had to check this one out.

The ever more curious Avali's Sparrow-class ship arrived directly above his targeted planet; he finished the job by steering it into a location more suitable for prolonged orbit. As he switched into his custom armored pilot's gear (better safe than sorry), he shook his head at his own decision; perhaps setting course for a planet from its name alone wasn't the smartest idea.

"Hmph, never know what you'll find..." The now suit-clad space raptor promptly stepped into his ship's teleporter and beamed down to the thousand-mile-wide mystery below.

(eh)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 10-27-2016

// Right, sorry for the delay. I'll actually continue now.

The Novakid nods a little. "Right. Looks like that's everyone. Now follow me." Without hesitation, he starts walking towards the town border.
Umbra doesn't realize he's leaving until a few seconds afterward, hurriedly catching up.
However, the "party" of sorts is interrupted by a loud "Halt!"
Umbra and the Novakid turn to see State and three other Guards catching up with them. The Glitch stands sentrylike in front of Umbra.
"We have arrived to help you two deal with this 'Remnant.' I assume you're on your way to-..." He looks around and notices the presence of the other three "party" members.
"...Who are you three and what are you doing here?"

(10-21-2016, 02:44 PM)Sock of Retribution Wrote: A planet called Nexus? Jiroku knew he had to check this one out.

The ever more curious Avali's Sparrow-class ship arrived directly above his targeted planet; he finished the job by steering it into a location more suitable for prolonged orbit. As he switched into his custom armored pilot's gear (better safe than sorry), he shook his head at his own decision; perhaps setting course for a planet from its name alone wasn't the smartest idea.

"Hmph, never know what you'll find..." The now suit-clad space raptor promptly stepped into his ship's teleporter and beamed down to the thousand-mile-wide mystery below.

(eh)

Upon beam-in, depending on where the Avali materializes, there'd be a different sight.
If Jiroku target an area around a town, he would either find himself near a coastal town lined with forest or in a rocky canyon area thinly encircled by trees atop hills of rock and dust.
If he beamed down into the wilderness, Jiroku would find himself in a forest or plain of some sort, seemingly devod of life. Either there aren't many animals or they're all trying to avoid him.

// right. Welcome! I'm Umbra, the somehow-a-GM-or-something. If you want to start interacting with other people, I'd take the town option.
// the coastal one is called Woodport; most of the action has been drawn away from that area, but one of my characters (and a few others, but they haven't really been on that much recently) are still there.
// the mountainous town is Goldfield; I'm leading most of the people here through the ending of a story arc there. If you want, you can join in, but be warned; it likely won't be a very easy fight. We're approaching what I guess you could call the final boss.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Timtimthe2nd - 10-27-2016

(10-27-2016, 08:55 PM)Umbra Wrote: // Right, sorry for the delay. I'll actually continue now.

The Novakid nods a little. "Right. Looks like that's everyone. Now follow me." Without hesitation, he starts walking towards the town border.
Umbra doesn't realize he's leaving until a few seconds afterward, hurriedly catching up.
Umbra and the Novakid turn to see State and three other Guards catching up with them. The Glitch stands sentrylike in front of Umbra.
"We have arrived to help you two deal with this 'Remnant.' I assume you're on your way to-..." He looks around and notices the presence of the other three "party" members.
Tim would walk over to the newly arrived group of guards. "The name's Tim, and I'm trying to do the same thing you are; deal with the evil statue things."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 10-28-2016

(10-27-2016, 08:55 PM)Umbra Wrote: // Right, sorry for the delay. I'll actually continue now.

(10-21-2016, 02:44 PM)Sock of Retribution Wrote: A planet called Nexus? Jiroku knew he had to check this one out.

(eh)

Upon beam-in, depending on where the Avali materializes, there'd be a different sight.
If Jiroku target an area around a town, he would either find himself near a coastal town lined with forest or in a rocky canyon area thinly encircled by trees atop hills of rock and dust.
If he beamed down into the wilderness, Jiroku would find himself in a forest or plain of some sort, seemingly devod of life. Either there aren't many animals or they're all trying to avoid him.

// right. Welcome! I'm Umbra, the somehow-a-GM-or-something. If you want to start interacting with other people, I'd take the town option.
// the coastal one is called Woodport; most of the action has been drawn away from that area, but one of my characters (and a few others, but they haven't really been on that much recently) are still there.
// the mountainous town is Goldfield; I'm leading most of the people here through the ending of a story arc there. If you want, you can join in, but be warned; it likely won't be a very easy fight. We're approaching what I guess you could call the final boss.
Surge stammers "I-I..uhhh-well...oh man..."
He tries to make himself inconspicuous while somebody explains things.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 10-28-2016

(10-27-2016, 11:33 PM)Timtimthe2nd Wrote: Tim would walk over to the newly arrived group of guards. "The name's Tim, and I'm trying to do the same thing you are; deal with the evil statue things."

(10-28-2016, 12:05 AM)Surge Wrote: Surge stammers "I-I..uhhh-well...oh man..."

"We are volunteers, asked to help resolve the current crisis. Just prior to your arrival we fought some sort of being with unnatural properties, and were asked to help investigate where it could be hiding out nearby since we seem to be able to survive encounters with it."

Danu doesn't hesitate to speak up and explain her involvement in the matter. That being was far more powerful than she had expected to find on this planet, and seemed to be aware of what kind of being she was as well. Maintaining her cover story was going to get a lot more complicated if she had to face it again, but at the same time it was the kind of thing that probably shouldn't be left alone.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Sock of Retribution - 10-28-2016

(10-27-2016, 08:55 PM)Umbra Wrote: Upon beam-in, depending on where the Avali materializes, there'd be a different sight.

((Ok, got it!))

The curious pilot rematerialized at his intended destination; it appeared to be an active but quiet coastal town, surrounded by wilderness. He took a deep breath and ran for the town square, realizing his heavy-duty suit was probably unnecessary. Nevertheless, he was unwilling to let his guard down.

Jiroku continued to listen intently for anything distinct while surveying the surrounding landscape a little more. "Seems quaint," was all he could say.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 10-28-2016

(10-27-2016, 11:33 PM)Timtimthe2nd Wrote: Tim would walk over to the newly arrived group of guards. "The name's Tim, and I'm trying to do the same thing you are; deal with the evil statue things."

(10-28-2016, 03:31 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: "We are volunteers, asked to help resolve the current crisis. Just prior to your arrival we fought some sort of being with unnatural properties, and were asked to help investigate where it could be hiding out nearby since we seem to be able to survive encounters with it."

Danu doesn't hesitate to speak up and explain her involvement in the matter. That being was far more powerful than she had expected to find on this planet, and seemed to be aware of what kind of being she was as well. Maintaining her cover story was going to get a lot more complicated if she had to face it again, but at the same time it was the kind of thing that probably shouldn't be left alone.

"Yeah, don't worry, Paladin. They're willin' to help. The lady here's some sort of Hieromancer and stood her ground pretty well; she should be helpful."
"...Very well. Keep in mind, however, that it will be our responsibility to make sure they come out alive."
"I figured that... So're you comin' or not? This thing won't kill itself." The Novakid continues onwards.
Umbra falls back to quietly converse with State as everyone continues on. "So... What's with the Novakid? He says he's a High Guard, but hasn't told me anything else, really..."
"He is one of our wilderness operatives, if my memory serves. Designation 051, "Argon." He keeps watch for any disturbances or unusual events. He has recently been stationed here and is due to relocate in less than a week."
"I see... What about the railgun? Never seen anything like it in the armories I've seen."
"Custom built by the head weaponsmith. Designed to print its own ammunition from interchangeable canisters. Still in prototype phase, I believe; it will be a while until we are given access to such a device."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Timtimthe2nd - 10-28-2016

(10-28-2016, 10:09 PM)Umbra Wrote:

(10-28-2016, 03:31 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: "We are volunteers, asked to help resolve the current crisis. Just prior to your arrival we fought some sort of being with unnatural properties, and were asked to help investigate where it could be hiding out nearby since we seem to be able to survive encounters with it."

"Yeah, don't worry, Paladin. They're willin' to help. The lady here's some sort of Hieromancer and stood her ground pretty well; she should be helpful."
"...Very well. Keep in mind, however, that it will be our responsibility to make sure they come out alive."
"I figured that... So're you comin' or not? This thing won't kill itself." The Novakid continues onwards.
Umbra falls back to quietly converse with State as everyone continues on. "So... What's with the Novakid? He says he's a High Guard, but hasn't told me anything else, really..."
"He is one of our wilderness operatives, if my memory serves. Designation 051, "Argon." He keeps watch for any disturbances or unusual events. He has recently been stationed here and is due to relocate in less than a week."
"I see... What about the railgun? Never seen anything like it in the armories I've seen."
"Custom built by the head weaponsmith. Designed to print its own ammunition from interchangeable canisters. Still in prototype phase, I believe; it will be a while until we are given access to such a device."

Tim glances at State and the other guards for a moment, interested in where they came from.
I don't think I've seen these guys before. Definitely never seen their gear before.
He would walk over to them and address who he hoped was the leader.  
"Just so you guys don't think I'm helpless, I served on the Eden security detail for a few years. I'm fairly skilled with small arms and hand-to-hand, and let's just say this arm does more than serve as a backscratcher."
He would gesture to his obviously cybernetic arm when he said the last part.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 10-31-2016

// waiting for Odin and Surge's responses if they have any