Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 11-04-2016

(11-04-2016, 08:14 PM)Umbra Wrote: Every step one would take wouldn't even get them anywhere; not even a centimeter's distance.
"̵͞C̸͟l͝ę̢͘a͝rl̶̡y, ̀ņ̀o͏͏͢n͟ȩ o̶̵f͞ ͘y͢oú̷̢ ͢͝͞do.́ ͏T͘ḩ̧͜i̵̕ś̴ ̛t͜͏h͡͡i̴̛nģ̵͡ ͟͝a҉̧͝nd̶̨ ͜i̢͏t̸̷̀s҉̸̸ ͜͠rel̛͞a͏̸t̶i̛͜ve̶͘s҉ ̨̛c̷a̧̕u̸͏s͏ȩ̀͝d̨͢ ̸̴͝m͘e̸ ̶̧͞a҉n̸̸d͡ ̸̨̀m͡y ̧̀f͟a͡m̡il̸̢͢y.̵̷̀.҉҉̨. ͘No͢,̧ ̧́m̀y̢ e̡nt͏͡i͘͟r̛e͡ ͟w͘ǫ̵̸r̛͜l͘͜d̛ ̶͢de̵͜ca͢d̸̵̷es̡͟͝ ̕͞óf̛ ̀t̴̶ę̵̷r͢ŕ̡oŗ̶͟.́͞ ̛Lon҉̧g͠ ̵̛w͘͘é҉ p̀͜r̵͘͞à́͠ỳ̵͞è̕d̵̢͘ to ̷̀͠t̴̛ḩ̨e͢͡͝ ̴h̢eaven͞s͏̶,̧́͘ ҉͟b̸u̸̴͠t̴ ̷͢͠n͏ot ǫ̢̛n͘͜͏e ̶͘a̧͘͝n̴̛g̶͢e̢l͡ c̡̛a̷ḿe͏̷ ̸̢͏ḑ͢o҉̷w҉n͟ ͢͜t̡ǫ̵ ́̕rę́l͞҉͢i͡év̸̴e͠͡ ̕us̸̕͝ ̨o̶̴f́ ͢͞o̴ư͡r͝͝ he҉l͠l͜.̕͟͜ ̵͠I̧͢ h͟͢av̛̛é̴̸ ̴s̀p̶̶e̴͝ń͘t̕ ̛m̷o̡s҉͟ţ͡ of̕͝͠ ̶̀m̶̴y͏ ̡l̕í̸f͟͠e ͟h̕ừn͜͡t̨i͞n̡̡̢g̷̡̡ d҉͏ǫw̨͘̕n̢ t̴̶҉ḩ̵̴í̛s̸̛ ̀ơ̵n̢͞҉è ̡̨̕ȩ̷l҉u͝siv̷ę̶̀ U̴m͝b̸r͟͝a̡l̶̢,̵̧́ ̵̷a̢n̕͢d̢͝ ̨͡͏I ̧͜ẃi̶͞l͠l͡ ͟͞n̵ot̀ g̨̛i̕v͘̕͟e̷̵ ͠ų̴p͞ t҉̢̛h̡͝͝e̡͜ ̡̕h͟ú̧ń̕t͘ ̡̀͝u͘n̶̛͢t͟il̶͞ ̷̢͡i͘t ̨̀an̛d̢̀ ͏̷ę̛v͟͠e͡͡r̕y̢͝͠t́͢h̢iǹ͞g ̢͡͠i̶͠t̀ h҉͢a͜s̷͡ ͟c̡o̵͏rr̸͡u̵̸͜p̴͢t͜͏̕e҉d̢ ̡͢ć̢è̴a͏͘s̨͘e̴̴͢ ̕ţ͘o̵ ̸e̵x̛̛i͝st̸̀."̸̕͟
As the Remnant speaks, the many eyes focus in on Umbra, pupils narrowed to diamond-like slits. Umbra, meanwhile, is pulling his hat down to cover his eyes and slightly crouching, ears folded back. His illusory colors have disappeared as well, revealing his deep-black rings.
"̡I͘ ̸̡n͏̵o҉͞w͠ ͠͏͢k͏̀n̴͜͜o͟҉w̡͞ w̕͠h̨y̛͟͜ ̸͏y͜o͏̸͝u̧͡͡r̕҉ ̀ki̷̶͜nḑ ̷nè̡͢v̨ȩŕ̕ ͡c̷͏͠a̛m̴͟e,́͜͡ ͜͠S͟eŕa̶͞p̡̕h҉..͞.͏ You̕ ̸͏m̧̀́u̕s͘͘t͢ ҉h̶̢a͡͏v͝͡e̢ ̴̵̡s̨͘͜en̡t̵ ҉͏th̛́͠e͠ ̢͢Ù̧m̨b̡͝rà̵l͝s̴̀ i̸̡͘ǹ ̵̡th̛e ͜͠f͘҉͝i̴͡r̷s͟͜t̵̀͡ ̢p̢͡la͠c̸̀҉e̵͢.̵ ͏I̵̸ w̧̡̕ì͞l̸҉l̕͘͜ ̧r̴e̸͠l͜͝͠į̷sh͝ d̀͜͠e̕s̶͜͏t͜ŗo҉̵̛y҉̷͝i̷n̨g̶͝ ̷̀̕yo͘͟u̕͘ ͜a͠s̷̨̀ ̸w̵҉e̷l͟ĺ̴҉.̴̧͢"̕͡͞

(11-04-2016, 08:25 PM)Surge Wrote: Surge's eyes narrow a bit in confusion
"What is it talking about? Shades aren't alive, nor are they native to any particular world."

"Whatever the case they be, I've only encountered similar before in my travels. It seems to have a particular fondness for Umbra though, is there a history between you two that we should know about?"

Danu stiffens up a bit when she finally gets its attention and he starts calling her out as a Seraph. That was supposed to have stayed unknown to her new friends, because being so far removed from her own domain left her abilities severely restricted and she couldn't risk having people expecting her to save them with divine powers that she currently could not use.

"I have no relation to anyone you might have been expecting, but I have encountered similar beings before that form from the regrets and wrongdoings of powerful beings interacting with various other forces. Perhaps there was some sort of mistake, one that could be undone?"

(11-04-2016, 09:38 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: [unfortunately no one person has any right to set exactly what flora and fauna there are on world.  All you need to really know is that wildlife is violent, large, and very sparse up to this point.  Plantlife is undescribed, it's there, but nothing special about it so far.  Woodport, where you currently are, resides directly below Eden prime, the orbital station, and has a small forest north of town, small as in walking distance to go out the other end onto plains, and all other directions I believe were simple plainsland or spreading dunes.  Anybody can correct me if I am wrong.]

//The story of The Nexus.

Technology was amazing. Amazing right up until it had become mundane, and then destructive. Over the years the inhabitants of Nexus had developed a technique to visit and establish commerce with other worlds, other forms of existance, and even alternative timelines. All of this led to the planet becoming highly developed, a prosperous trade hub with almost everything anyone could ever want and people coming from everywhere you could think of to visit or to trade.

But it was not to last. A catastrophic failure caused portals to detonate one after another, badly damaging the planet and poisoning its environment.

The surviving population was moved to the orbiting station EDEN, which was expanded to accomidate them until it became just short of a ringworld in its own right. From there, living far above their ruined homeworld, the portals were opened once again and the survivors sought for an answer.

They found it. Among the civilizations they traded with were those posessing advanced terraforming technology. This technology was deployed on a planetary scale to rejuvenate the planet Nexus, restoring it to a pristine frontier ready for colonization.

To date the recolonization effort is still in progress, with only a handful of relatively isolated settlements on the surface that are growing rapidly as people move back down to the planet and expand infrastructure there. Most of the population remains on EDEN, living in urban comfort watching the planet beneath come to life once again.

Our characters are primarially from the settlement of Woodport, so-named because a large forest bordered a plains making an excellent spot for a shuttle station. A railway link exists to one of their neighboring settlements- Goldfield, which has a much smaller shuttleport and less people living there.

Your character can choose to live anywhere really, getting supplies from EDEN to live on the surface, or living on EDEN and performing work on the surface below. We're pretty open about what you want to do.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 11-05-2016

(11-04-2016, 10:58 PM)Umbra Wrote: // btw Rinoah
// Glitch don't use contractions. Like, ever. They're very to-the-point.

//Unfortunately for me I have never written for a glitch, nor wanted.  But figured I'd at least try to maintain at least some semblance of "biodiversity" in the NPCs I meet or interact with.  So I have no excuses, just the truth that I cannot write a glitch for crud. I also have no idea to what contractions refer to anymore, just "some part of grammar" as far as I know anymore.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 11-05-2016

(11-05-2016, 12:17 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:
(11-04-2016, 10:58 PM)Umbra Wrote: // btw Rinoah
// Glitch don't use contractions. Like, ever. They're very to-the-point.

//Unfortunately for me I have never written for a glitch, nor wanted.  But figured I'd at least try to maintain at least some semblance of "biodiversity" in the NPCs I meet or interact with.  So I have no excuses, just the truth that I cannot write a glitch for crud. I also have no idea to what contractions refer to anymore, just "some part of grammar" as far as I know anymore.

// ...I just meant that you basically write "cannot" instead of "can't," "will not" instead of "won't," etc.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 11-05-2016

(11-05-2016, 03:13 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(11-05-2016, 12:17 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: //Unfortunately for me I have never written for a glitch, nor wanted.  But figured I'd at least try to maintain at least some semblance of "biodiversity" in the NPCs I meet or interact with.  So I have no excuses, just the truth that I cannot write a glitch for crud.  I also have no idea to what contractions refer to anymore, just "some part of grammar" as far as I know anymore.

// ...I just meant that you basically write "cannot" instead of "can't," "will not" instead of "won't," etc.

//I'm just overly blunt, sorry about that.  And the thought of constructive criticism excites me.  I already freaked out Shad with that.  Moving on.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Shaadaris - 11-05-2016

(11-05-2016, 04:22 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:
(11-05-2016, 03:13 AM)Umbra Wrote: // ...I just meant that you basically write "cannot" instead of "can't," "will not" instead of "won't," etc.

//I'm just overly blunt, sorry about that.  And the thought of constructive criticism excites me.  I already freaked out Shad with that.  Moving on.

[Image: 8Xn2j2v.png][Image: uCByXK7.png][Image: OntV750.png][Image: YeiBxxE.png][Image: uCByXK7.png][Image: sy0TAIP.png][Image: 8n1yVaz.png][Image: YeiBxxE.png][Image: 8n1yVaz.png][Image: hfHV2NB.png][Image: J4cw6nz.png][Image: J4cw6nz.png][Image: OntV750.png][Image: MWK1FJG.png][Image: vQfjTBR.png][Image: WqdgCZF.png][Image: YeiBxxE.png][Image: J4cw6nz.png][Image: vQfjTBR.png][Image: fOF3DBi.png]

[Image: jcZew0n.png][Image: jcZew0n.png][Image: jcZew0n.png]

[Image: 0XKiCp1.png][Image: uCByXK7.png][Image: nogGlUQ.png][Image: YeiBxxE.png][Image: 1tGzmjk.png][Image: sy0TAIP.png][Image: MvfVi4y.png][Image: 8n1yVaz.png][Image: vQfjTBR.png][Image: YeiBxxE.png][Image: sy0TAIP.png][Image: MvfVi4y.png][Image: sy0TAIP.png][Image: lM5jBew.png][Image: J4cw6nz.png][Image: jcZew0n.png][Image: YeiBxxE.png][Image: iNsMHFv.png][Image: MvfVi4y.png][Image: lM5jBew.png][Image: yFiLw4i.png][Image: tMv2AoY.png][Image: uCByXK7.png][Image: 0Cpyl6O.png][Image: jcZew0n.png]

Many an hour later edit: Did I break the RP?

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 11-05-2016

// no. I'm just quiet. don't think Tim has posted- might continue on without him soon.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Timtimthe2nd - 11-07-2016

(11-04-2016, 08:14 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(11-03-2016, 12:11 AM)Surge Wrote: Surge attempts to draw himself up and look a bit more confident.
"I know exactly what I've gotten into Shade!"

(11-03-2016, 01:08 AM)Timtimthe2nd Wrote: Tim quickly drops into a defensive stance upon hearing the voice of the shade.
"I know full well what I'm doing. I'm protecting the lives of innocents from being lost."
Without a word Tim would start scanning the room for the source of the voice, being sure to scan the emblems that had appeared as well.

(11-03-2016, 05:16 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: "Do you always act like this around people you just met? Its like I'm not even here."

"Ignoring me is probably not good for your health after all. You could get hurt by not paying attention."

Danu shines her lights around looking for a physical body to explain the voices, but expecting not to find one. Its quite likely they came from a being further in, or an entity without a physical form.

"Besides, this doesn't have to end in violence. Do you like orange tang? I brought some with me if you want to have a cup and chat."

Every step one would take wouldn't even get them anywhere; not even a centimeter's distance.
"̵͞C̸͟l͝ę̢͘a͝rl̶̡y, ̀ņ̀o͏͏͢n͟ȩ o̶̵f͞ ͘y͢oú̷̢ ͢͝͞do.́ ͏T͘ḩ̧͜i̵̕ś̴ ̛t͜͏h͡͡i̴̛nģ̵͡ ͟͝a҉̧͝nd̶̨ ͜i̢͏t̸̷̀s҉̸̸ ͜͠rel̛͞a͏̸t̶i̛͜ve̶͘s҉ ̨̛c̷a̧̕u̸͏s͏ȩ̀͝d̨͢ ̸̴͝m͘e̸ ̶̧͞a҉n̸̸d͡ ̸̨̀m͡y ̧̀f͟a͡m̡il̸̢͢y.̵̷̀.҉҉̨. ͘No͢,̧ ̧́m̀y̢ e̡nt͏͡i͘͟r̛e͡ ͟w͘ǫ̵̸r̛͜l͘͜d̛ ̶͢de̵͜ca͢d̸̵̷es̡͟͝ ̕͞óf̛ ̀t̴̶ę̵̷r͢ŕ̡oŗ̶͟.́͞ ̛Lon҉̧g͠ ̵̛w͘͘é҉ p̀͜r̵͘͞à́͠ỳ̵͞è̕d̵̢͘ to ̷̀͠t̴̛ḩ̨e͢͡͝ ̴h̢eaven͞s͏̶,̧́͘ ҉͟b̸u̸̴͠t̴ ̷͢͠n͏ot ǫ̢̛n͘͜͏e ̶͘a̧͘͝n̴̛g̶͢e̢l͡ c̡̛a̷ḿe͏̷ ̸̢͏ḑ͢o҉̷w҉n͟ ͢͜t̡ǫ̵ ́̕rę́l͞҉͢i͡év̸̴e͠͡ ̕us̸̕͝ ̨o̶̴f́ ͢͞o̴ư͡r͝͝ he҉l͠l͜.̕͟͜ ̵͠I̧͢ h͟͢av̛̛é̴̸ ̴s̀p̶̶e̴͝ń͘t̕ ̛m̷o̡s҉͟ţ͡ of̕͝͠ ̶̀m̶̴y͏ ̡l̕í̸f͟͠e ͟h̕ừn͜͡t̨i͞n̡̡̢g̷̡̡ d҉͏ǫw̨͘̕n̢ t̴̶҉ḩ̵̴í̛s̸̛ ̀ơ̵n̢͞҉è ̡̨̕ȩ̷l҉u͝siv̷ę̶̀ U̴m͝b̸r͟͝a̡l̶̢,̵̧́ ̵̷a̢n̕͢d̢͝ ̨͡͏I ̧͜ẃi̶͞l͠l͡ ͟͞n̵ot̀ g̨̛i̕v͘̕͟e̷̵ ͠ų̴p͞ t҉̢̛h̡͝͝e̡͜ ̡̕h͟ú̧ń̕t͘ ̡̀͝u͘n̶̛͢t͟il̶͞ ̷̢͡i͘t ̨̀an̛d̢̀ ͏̷ę̛v͟͠e͡͡r̕y̢͝͠t́͢h̢iǹ͞g ̢͡͠i̶͠t̀ h҉͢a͜s̷͡ ͟c̡o̵͏rr̸͡u̵̸͜p̴͢t͜͏̕e҉d̢ ̡͢ć̢è̴a͏͘s̨͘e̴̴͢ ̕ţ͘o̵ ̸e̵x̛̛i͝st̸̀."̸̕͟
As the Remnant speaks, the many eyes focus in on Umbra, pupils narrowed to diamond-like slits. Umbra, meanwhile, is pulling his hat down to cover his eyes and slightly crouching, ears folded back. His illusory colors have disappeared as well, revealing his deep-black rings.
"̡I͘ ̸̡n͏̵o҉͞w͠ ͠͏͢k͏̀n̴͜͜o͟҉w̡͞ w̕͠h̨y̛͟͜ ̸͏y͜o͏̸͝u̧͡͡r̕҉ ̀ki̷̶͜nḑ ̷nè̡͢v̨ȩŕ̕ ͡c̷͏͠a̛m̴͟e,́͜͡ ͜͠S͟eŕa̶͞p̡̕h҉..͞.͏ You̕ ̸͏m̧̀́u̕s͘͘t͢ ҉h̶̢a͡͏v͝͡e̢ ̴̵̡s̨͘͜en̡t̵ ҉͏th̛́͠e͠ ̢͢Ù̧m̨b̡͝rà̵l͝s̴̀ i̸̡͘ǹ ̵̡th̛e ͜͠f͘҉͝i̴͡r̷s͟͜t̵̀͡ ̢p̢͡la͠c̸̀҉e̵͢.̵ ͏I̵̸ w̧̡̕ì͞l̸҉l̕͘͜ ̧r̴e̸͠l͜͝͠į̷sh͝ d̀͜͠e̕s̶͜͏t͜ŗo҉̵̛y҉̷͝i̷n̨g̶͝ ̷̀̕yo͘͟u̕͘ ͜a͠s̷̨̀ ̸w̵҉e̷l͟ĺ̴҉.̴̧͢"̕͡͞

Tim would choose to stay silent for the time being, not sure of the situation.
I'm not sure if I should believe this...thing.

(11-05-2016, 09:03 PM)Umbra Wrote: // no. I'm just quiet. don't think Tim has posted- might continue on without him soon.

//Again, sorry.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 11-07-2016

(11-07-2016, 12:02 AM)Timtimthe2nd Wrote:
(11-04-2016, 08:14 PM)Umbra Wrote: Every step one would take wouldn't even get them anywhere; not even a centimeter's distance.

Tim would choose to stay silent for the time being, not sure of the situation.

(11-05-2016, 09:03 PM)Umbra Wrote: // no. I'm just quiet. don't think Tim has posted- might continue on without him soon.

//Again, sorry.

// nbd, man; just don't want to end up stuck again. I'm capable of waiting.

// I'll further what's going on in the morning; getting late here as of posting

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 11-07-2016

(11-04-2016, 08:25 PM)Surge Wrote: Surge's eyes narrow a bit in confusion
"What is it talking about? Shades aren't alive, nor are they native to any particular world."

(11-04-2016, 11:48 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: "Whatever the case they be, I've only encountered similar before in my travels. It seems to have a particular fondness for Umbra though, is there a history between you two that we should know about?"

Danu stiffens up a bit when she finally gets its attention and he starts calling her out as a Seraph. That was supposed to have stayed unknown to her new friends, because being so far removed from her own domain left her abilities severely restricted and she couldn't risk having people expecting her to save them with divine powers that she currently could not use.

"I have no relation to anyone you might have been expecting, but I have encountered similar beings before that form from the regrets and wrongdoings of powerful beings interacting with various other forces. Perhaps there was some sort of mistake, one that could be undone?"

(11-07-2016, 12:02 AM)Timtimthe2nd Wrote: Tim would choose to stay silent for the time being, not sure of the situation.

The eyes narrow down on Danu.
"̴Ư͝n͞ĺ̡e̡͡ss̴̵̡ ̶y̢ou̵͝͝ ̕͞ca͘n͟͡ ͢u͜͝͞n̛dơ ͠de̕c̵͟ad̴͏́e͘s̛̕ ͘͞o͝͡f ̧͘stŗi̴f҉e̵̛ ớ͞nse̵҉t ̧͟b̶̧y̵ ͠a d͟͡e͘m҉̢͞on̴̸͟i͞c̢̧͘ ̀h̨o̕r͏d̷͟͝e̶,҉ ̵̶͞Į'̴͡m͜ n͟͝ơ̷̡t̵ ̵҉̨í̴̛n̸͞t̵er̷͢ę͠ş̸́t̷͢e͢d̸̀.҉͜ ͢͠I h͟ave̶ ́nǫ͞ w͢͡à̶y͡ ̵t͟o̴̵ ́҉r̵̸̶e̢t̨̛u̴͞r͠͡ń ̴̷͡ho͞͏m̴҉̸e ͏eí͘t͝͠her͏̴ ̧͘wa̧̛y̡̡̕.́͜ ̸W̴h͘͘a͠͡͠t̀̀͝'̷̢s̵ m̛͏͝or̛͘e̴͘,̸ ̷͠I̸ ̷̷̕i͞n̕͢t̵͘e̴͡n̶͡d͏̛ ͏͡t́ò ̵̴͡f̵̢iǹi͏͘͟s̀͜͝h w͟h͟҉a͠t̨͞ ̀͜I͟ ̸̕ś̴ta̶͢͡r̛͜t͢ed.̸ ͠҉A͢n͏̵̵d̶ ͡t͝h̴̛͟a̸͠ţ̀ ͢͟w̛͟i̢̛͘l̵l̕ ͘͡͞h̡͢a͟p̸̕pe̷n͠ ̧̀t̷̡o҉̧̀d̢áy̷̧.́͘͡"̕͘
The darkness dissipates, revealing a closed chamber with a large, doorlike stone slab for one wall. A large eye engraving is located in the center, but it doesn't appear to be moving in the slightest.
// for reference, this is more or less what the eye looks like.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 11-07-2016

//sorry I haven't been actively lately, and color chat doesn't seem to want to cooperate. I'll just use sol with normal text until I find a way to fix this

(11-04-2016, 02:10 PM)Sock of Retribution Wrote:
(11-04-2016, 04:14 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: Neither of them had even noticed your entrance, doubtful they would have even if you'd slammed the door.  Although it appeared the conversation was nearly at an end when you'd entered anyways. "If you can wait for a bit I'll  see if I can turn up anything, don't get your hopes up though, I only handle paperwork and civil complaints usually.  Just, enough with the yelling."   "Fine, fine...  I'll wait."  With a sigh the pallid avali moved past the newcomer and sat in one of the chairs allayed at the other side of the quaint room.  Her eyes had settled on them for a moment, but she simply walked past, averting them until she was sitting, then stared boredly at his back because there was little else to stare at in the room.  The glitch spoke up from behind the counter.  "What could I help you with, sir or madam?"

"Hello there, I'm looking for some data pertaining to this planet: populated areas, regions and their environments, flora, fauna, etc. Do you think you could come up with a document which summarizes those? Any advice for newcomers would be appreciated." He let out a quiet forced cough, in part to indicate that he was finished speaking.
A sandy colored kineptic causally leans against a wall nearby, easedroping on the ongoing conversation
"Well, stranger things just keep on happening on this planet. Mabye it wasn't supposed to be..."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 11-08-2016

(11-07-2016, 07:01 PM)Umbra Wrote: The eyes narrow down on Danu.
"̴Ư͝n͞ĺ̡e̡͡ss̴̵̡ ̶y̢ou̵͝͝ ̕͞ca͘n͟͡ ͢u͜͝͞n̛dơ ͠de̕c̵͟ad̴͏́e͘s̛̕ ͘͞o͝͡f ̧͘stŗi̴f҉e̵̛ ớ͞nse̵҉t ̧͟b̶̧y̵ ͠a d͟͡e͘m҉̢͞on̴̸͟i͞c̢̧͘ ̀h̨o̕r͏d̷͟͝e̶,҉ ̵̶͞Į'̴͡m͜ n͟͝ơ̷̡t̵ ̵҉̨í̴̛n̸͞t̵er̷͢ę͠ş̸́t̷͢e͢d̸̀.҉͜ ͢͠I h͟ave̶ ́nǫ͞ w͢͡à̶y͡ ̵t͟o̴̵ ́҉r̵̸̶e̢t̨̛u̴͞r͠͡ń ̴̷͡ho͞͏m̴҉̸e ͏eí͘t͝͠her͏̴ ̧͘wa̧̛y̡̡̕.́͜ ̸W̴h͘͘a͠͡͠t̀̀͝'̷̢s̵ m̛͏͝or̛͘e̴͘,̸ ̷͠I̸ ̷̷̕i͞n̕͢t̵͘e̴͡n̶͡d͏̛ ͏͡t́ò ̵̴͡f̵̢iǹi͏͘͟s̀͜͝h w͟h͟҉a͠t̨͞ ̀͜I͟ ̸̕ś̴ta̶͢͡r̛͜t͢ed.̸ ͠҉A͢n͏̵̵d̶ ͡t͝h̴̛͟a̸͠ţ̀ ͢͟w̛͟i̢̛͘l̵l̕ ͘͡͞h̡͢a͟p̸̕pe̷n͠ ̧̀t̷̡o҉̧̀d̢áy̷̧.́͘͡"̕͘
The darkness dissipates, revealing a closed chamber with a large, doorlike stone slab for one wall. A large eye engraving is located in the center, but it doesn't appear to be moving in the slightest.

Hearing his claims, Danu sighs. She had encountered other angels in her travels, and other heavenly schemes far removed from that which she was once responsible for managing. It was rather closed-minded of this being to assume that she had anything to do with the past. At the same time, the circumstances of Umbra's past was now on the front of her mind as well. Was she being mislead? All her experience said that a fair judgement requires the perspectives of both sides."

"That's quite the sculpture. But I think now is as good a time as any for some explaining, before we proceed any further. Claims have been made against several people here that probably should be situated before anyone makes regrettable decisions. Umbra, can you start with what this is, and why it hates you?"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 11-08-2016

(11-08-2016, 01:52 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: Hearing his claims, Danu sighs. She had encountered other angels in her travels, and other heavenly schemes far removed from that which she was once responsible for managing. It was rather closed-minded of this being to assume that she had anything to do with the past. At the same time, the circumstances of Umbra's past was now on the front of her mind as well. Was she being mislead? All her experience said that a fair judgement requires the perspectives of both sides."

"That's quite the sculpture. But I think now is as good a time as any for some explaining, before we proceed any further. Claims have been made against several people here that probably should be situated before anyone makes regrettable decisions. Umbra, can you start with what this is, and why it hates you?"

"I... I honestly have no idea, but... It seems to really want me dead. It's just... So confusing..." Umbra holds up his head with one hand, looking a little anxious.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Timtimthe2nd - 11-08-2016

(11-08-2016, 01:52 AM)OdinYggd Wrote:
(11-07-2016, 07:01 PM)Umbra Wrote: The eyes narrow down on Danu.

Hearing his claims, Danu sighs. She had encountered other angels in her travels, and other heavenly schemes far removed from that which she was once responsible for managing. It was rather closed-minded of this being to assume that she had anything to do with the past. At the same time, the circumstances of Umbra's past was now on the front of her mind as well. Was she being mislead? All her experience said that a fair judgement requires the perspectives of both sides."

(11-08-2016, 02:37 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(11-08-2016, 01:52 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: Hearing his claims, Danu sighs. She had encountered other angels in her travels, and other heavenly schemes far removed from that which she was once responsible for managing. It was rather closed-minded of this being to assume that she had anything to do with the past. At the same time, the circumstances of Umbra's past was now on the front of her mind as well. Was she being mislead? All her experience said that a fair judgement requires the perspectives of both sides."

"I... I honestly have no idea, but... It seems to really want me dead. It's just... So confusing..." Umbra holds up his head with one hand, looking a little anxious.

"Well, it seems to think you're responsible for the suffering of its whole race, so I can see why."
He quickly raises his hands in a gesture of innocence
"Not that I'm siding with the psycho statue thing. But I do think that we should seek all the answers before taking action."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 11-10-2016

"What else do we know about this thing. Does it even have a name? Or is it one of those that is just sort of there causing problems."

Danu carefully steps closer to the giant eye, looking it over to see if it had any kind of hidden mechanisms or clues to reveal where they needed to go next.

"I can't help but think it knows a lot more about us than we know about ourselves. Some of the things it said certainly have me wondering."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 11-10-2016

(11-08-2016, 11:34 PM)Timtimthe2nd Wrote: "Well, it seems to think you're responsible for the suffering of its whole race, so I can see why."
He quickly raises his hands in a gesture of innocence
"Not that I'm siding with the psycho statue thing. But I do think that we should seek all the answers before taking action."

(11-10-2016, 01:37 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: "What else do we know about this thing. Does it even have a name? Or is it one of those that is just sort of there causing problems."

Danu carefully steps closer to the giant eye, looking it over to see if it had any kind of hidden mechanisms or clues to reveal where they needed to go next.

"I can't help but think it knows a lot more about us than we know about ourselves. Some of the things it said certainly have me wondering."

"Well... Did anyone else hear that voice? When the Remnant was staring us all down?"
"What voice?"
"It clearly wasn't from the Remnant. It was really faint, but... I think it said "help me." And it sounded... Wait. I remember that near the beginning of when this was all happening, I was told that..."
"...Told what?"
"...I know who part of the Remnant is. I don't know about the other half, but one will definitely help us if we can get through to him."

Upon closer inspection, the slab appears to be a door.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Helios - 11-11-2016

//hello ladies and gents. So what do we have here?

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 11-12-2016

"I don't recall hearing such a voice before. Though the remnant might have just assumed I already know or something, people often do that for some reason."

"Think we could get this open? There's probably more clues beyond it." Danu gives it a push to see if it might move for her.
"Watch it turn out to be a pull-type door that has no handle to pull on, forcing people to open it magically."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 11-12-2016

(11-12-2016, 07:19 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: "I don't recall hearing such a voice before. Though the remnant might have just assumed I already know or something, people often do that for some reason."

"Think we could get this open? There's probably more clues beyond it." Danu gives it a push to see if it might move for her.
"Watch it turn out to be a pull-type door that has no handle to pull on, forcing people to open it magically."

"Are you sure you should be touching tha-"
A thudding click sounds before it slowly opens like a sliding double door.
"...Great."

// so I'm assuming Danu doesn't remember anything from the old rp?

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 11-12-2016

"I uhhh... I suppose this would be a bad time to mention I don't have a weapon."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 11-13-2016

(11-12-2016, 08:43 PM)Umbra Wrote: // so I'm assuming Danu doesn't remember anything from the old rp?

//From her point of view, the old RP hasn't happened yet. She's encountering this universe backwards, and is a few billion years and hundred universes younger in this timeframe than she was in the previous RP.  The prior RP was the last universe Danu visited before finally being reunited with where she came from after a literal eternity of wandering, just in time to train a new generation of angels and then die of old age.

//So even though she is considered immortal, it turns out she actually isn't. Just none of her species had lived long enough to find that actual endpoint.