Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Shaadaris - 11-13-2016

(11-13-2016, 12:44 AM)OdinYggd Wrote:
(11-12-2016, 08:43 PM)Umbra Wrote: // so I'm assuming Danu doesn't remember anything from the old rp?

//From her point of view, the old RP hasn't happened yet. She's encountering this universe backwards, and is a few billion years and hundred universes younger in this timeframe than she was in the previous RP.  The prior RP was the last universe Danu visited before finally being reunited with where she came from after a literal eternity of wandering, just in time to train a new generation of angels and then die of old age.

//So even though she is considered immortal, it turns out she actually isn't. Just none of her species had lived long enough to find that actual endpoint.

((Hooray, someone else is keeping the temporal bullshit alive after I stopped with it!))

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 11-13-2016

//call the necromancer? Or do we want the necrodancer?

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 11-13-2016

(11-12-2016, 08:48 PM)Surge Wrote: "I uhhh... I suppose this would be a bad time to mention I don't have a weapon."

"...Yeah. It kind of is. Do you know how to shoot a gun?"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 11-13-2016

(11-13-2016, 11:37 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(11-12-2016, 08:48 PM)Surge Wrote: "I uhhh... I suppose this would be a bad time to mention I don't have a weapon."

"...Yeah. It kind of is. Do you know how to shoot a gun?"
"...yes?"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 11-14-2016

(11-13-2016, 11:38 PM)Surge Wrote: "...yes?"

"Then take these. I probably won't be using them." Umbra hands surge his pistol, a few clips, and his hardlight shield emitter.
"Emitter works with a button press. Left side of the brace."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 11-14-2016

(11-14-2016, 02:20 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(11-13-2016, 11:38 PM)Surge Wrote: "...yes?"

"Then take these. I probably won't be using them." Umbra hands surge his pistol, a few clips, and his hardlight shield emitter.
"Emitter works with a button press. Left side of the brace."
"Oh..." Surge fumbles to find somewhere on his frame to put the clips, eventually stowing them in some compartments on his chest

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Sock of Retribution - 11-17-2016

(11-04-2016, 09:38 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: The glitch's electronic panels that lit up in different patterns to enact the appearance of facial features seemed to scowl slightly, as they simply pointed right behind you, at a rack on the wall filled with pamphlets, with tiny writing.  No space wasted and no cover page.  It was nothing but a booklet of information folded into pamphlet form.  "Don't suggest leaving town alone, dangerous out there, since you are that new here."

[unfortunately no one person has any right to set exactly what flora and fauna there are on world.  All you need to really know is that wildlife is violent, large, and very sparse up to this point.  Plantlife is undescribed, it's there, but nothing special about it so far.  Woodport, where you currently are, resides directly below Eden prime, the orbital station, and has a small forest north of town, small as in walking distance to go out the other end onto plains, and all other directions I believe were simple plainsland or spreading dunes.  Anybody can correct me if I am wrong.]

(11-07-2016, 08:35 PM)achroma Wrote: A sandy colored kineptic causally leans against a wall nearby, easedroping on the ongoing conversation
"Well, stranger things just keep on happening on this planet. Mabye it wasn't supposed to be..."

The young avali was largely unsure of what course of action to take next. He read the full pamphlet over one more time. "A railway, huh?" he remarked quietly to himself. Turning back to the glitch, he cleared his throat with a slight feeling of nervousness. "Well I don't exactly plan on staying, I'm just an explorer. The pamphlet mentioned a railway to a town called Goldfield; where's the station, if I may ask?" The space raptor looks behind himself on both sides instinctively, his eyes widening and ears perking up as he spots the kineptic leaning behind him.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 11-18-2016

(11-13-2016, 01:06 AM)Shaadaris Wrote:
(11-13-2016, 12:44 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: //From her point of view, the old RP hasn't happened yet. She's encountering this universe backwards, and is a few billion years and hundred universes younger in this timeframe than she was in the previous RP.  The prior RP was the last universe Danu visited before finally being reunited with where she came from after a literal eternity of wandering, just in time to train a new generation of angels and then die of old age.

//So even though she is considered immortal, it turns out she actually isn't. Just none of her species had lived long enough to find that actual endpoint.

((Hooray, someone else is keeping the temporal bullshit alive after I stopped with it!))

//shush. Its my excuse for reusing the same character and just plain not remembering all of what happened in the previous RP on top of being too lazy to go look. I can get away with this excuse in this case.

//Also I think we're waiting on tim?

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 11-18-2016

(11-18-2016, 05:21 PM)OdinYggd Wrote:
(11-13-2016, 01:06 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: ((Hooray, someone else is keeping the temporal bullshit alive after I stopped with it!))

//shush. Its my excuse for reusing the same character and just plain not remembering all of what happened in the previous RP on top of being too lazy to go look. I can get away with this excuse in this case.

//Also I think we're waiting on tim?

// either that, I'm stuck on a transition, or I'm being lazy again :v
// I'll figure it out soon enough
// maybe

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Timtimthe2nd - 11-19-2016

(11-12-2016, 08:43 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(11-12-2016, 07:19 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: "I don't recall hearing such a voice before. Though the remnant might have just assumed I already know or something, people often do that for some reason."

"Think we could get this open? There's probably more clues beyond it." Danu gives it a push to see if it might move for her.
"Watch it turn out to be a pull-type door that has no handle to pull on, forcing people to open it magically."

"Are you sure you should be touching tha-"
A thudding click sounds before it slowly opens like a sliding double door.
"...Great."

// so I'm assuming Danu doesn't remember anything from the old rp?

"Well, I guess we go in...?"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 11-19-2016

(11-17-2016, 05:25 PM)Sock of Retribution Wrote:
(11-04-2016, 09:38 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: The glitch's electronic panels that lit up in different patterns to enact the appearance of facial features seemed to scowl slightly, as they simply pointed right behind you, at a rack on the wall filled with pamphlets, with tiny writing.  No space wasted and no cover page.  It was nothing but a booklet of information folded into pamphlet form.  "Don't suggest leaving town alone, dangerous out there, since you are that new here."

[unfortunately no one person has any right to set exactly what flora and fauna there are on world.  All you need to really know is that wildlife is violent, large, and very sparse up to this point.  Plantlife is undescribed, it's there, but nothing special about it so far.  Woodport, where you currently are, resides directly below Eden prime, the orbital station, and has a small forest north of town, small as in walking distance to go out the other end onto plains, and all other directions I believe were simple plainsland or spreading dunes.  Anybody can correct me if I am wrong.]

(11-07-2016, 08:35 PM)achroma Wrote: A sandy colored kineptic causally leans against a wall nearby, easedroping on the ongoing conversation
"Well, stranger things just keep on happening on this planet. Mabye it wasn't supposed to be..."

The young avali was largely unsure of what course of action to take next. He read the full pamphlet over one more time. "A railway, huh?" he remarked quietly to himself. Turning back to the glitch, he cleared his throat with a slight feeling of nervousness. "Well I don't exactly plan on staying, I'm just an explorer. The pamphlet mentioned a railway to a town called Goldfield; where's the station, if I may ask?" The space raptor looks behind himself on both sides instinctively, his eyes widening and ears perking up as he spots the kineptic leaning behind him.

The kineptic shifts uncomfortably as he is spotted, desperately trying to remain inconspicuous

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 11-20-2016

(11-19-2016, 04:41 AM)Timtimthe2nd Wrote:
(11-12-2016, 08:43 PM)Umbra Wrote: "Are you sure you should be touching tha-"
A thudding click sounds before it slowly opens like a sliding double door.
"...Great."

// so I'm assuming Danu doesn't remember anything from the old rp?

"Well, I guess we go in...?"

"I guess so...the sooner we can destroy this thing the better, for everyone"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 11-23-2016

(11-19-2016, 04:41 AM)Timtimthe2nd Wrote: "Well, I guess we go in...?"

(11-20-2016, 10:52 PM)Surge Wrote: "I guess so...the sooner we can destroy this thing the better, for everyone"

"Agreed..." Umbra shifts into Anomaly form.
"I'd get ready if I were you. The Remnant's made it very clear that it intends to kill not only me, but possibly all of you, too... I'm sorry I got you all dragged into this."
State fires up his shield and holds some sort of SMG at the ready.
Argon flips a switch or two on his railgun, creating an electric hum in the chamber.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 11-23-2016

(11-23-2016, 03:43 PM)Umbra Wrote:

(11-20-2016, 10:52 PM)Surge Wrote: "I guess so...the sooner we can destroy this thing the better, for everyone"

"I'd get ready if I were you. The Remnant's made it very clear that it intends to kill not only me, but possibly all of you, too... I'm sorry I got you all dragged into this."
Argon flips a switch or two on his railgun, creating an electric hum in the chamber.
//leeeeeeeroy Jenkins! Instakilled.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Timtimthe2nd - 11-23-2016

Tim presses a button on the device he has clipped to his belt, before unholstering his other pistol.
"I made my choice, friend. I knew what I was getting into."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 11-23-2016

(11-19-2016, 12:04 PM)achroma Wrote:
(11-17-2016, 05:25 PM)Sock of Retribution Wrote: The young avali was largely unsure of what course of action to take next. He read the full pamphlet over one more time. "A railway, huh?" he remarked quietly to himself. Turning back to the glitch, he cleared his throat with a slight feeling of nervousness. "Well I don't exactly plan on staying, I'm just an explorer. The pamphlet mentioned a railway to a town called Goldfield; where's the station, if I may ask?" The space raptor looks behind himself on both sides instinctively, his eyes widening and ears perking up as he spots the kineptic leaning behind him.

The kineptic shifts uncomfortably as he is spotted, desperately trying to remain inconspicuous

"Other side of town, this building is on the main street as well, so you should be able to simply follow the road straight there from here if you go right, not left, right.  It will be easy to notice as long as you take no detours.  There's also small maps of the streets in town if you need one, they are basic and only mark places of public office and station."
  The glitch receptionist placed a map on the counter, just a small card sized map coated in a thin clear plastic layer.  And then stood there getting back to what they'd been working on before.

Azureis sat boredly with her apparent pet in her lap as she softly massaged the cat's back, waiting and hoping for something to turn up.  Ears perking up at the soft creak of the wall as the Kineptic nervously attempted to look inconspicuous.  "You're not fooling anyone, pal."  She spoke up, though that's all she said for now.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 11-24-2016

(11-23-2016, 10:34 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:
(11-19-2016, 12:04 PM)achroma Wrote: The kineptic shifts uncomfortably as he is spotted, desperately trying to remain inconspicuous

"Other side of town, this building is on the main street as well, so you should be able to simply follow the road straight there from here if you go right, not left, right.  It will be easy to notice as long as you take no detours.  There's also small maps of the streets in town if you need one, they are basic and only mark places of public office and station."
  The glitch receptionist placed a map on the counter, just a small card sized map coated in a thin clear plastic layer.  And then stood there getting back to what they'd been working on before.

Azureis sat boredly with her apparent pet in her lap as she softly massaged the cat's back, waiting and hoping for something to turn up.  Ears perking up at the soft creak of the wall as the Kineptic nervously attempted to look inconspicuous.  "You're not fooling anyone, pal."  She spoke up, though that's all she said for now.
The kineptic sighs and sits down lazily, and begins to dig around his satchel "I got nothing better to do. And this cold weather isn't helping either."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 11-26-2016

(11-23-2016, 07:49 PM)Timtimthe2nd Wrote: Tim presses a button on the device he has clipped to his belt, before unholstering his other pistol.
"I made my choice, friend. I knew what I was getting into."

"May the force be with you." Danu giggles. "Tis an old saying where I come from, supposed to bring good fortune in battles and stuff."

She stays empty handed for the time being, needing to conserve her power, but keeps on alert because so far it wasn't obvious what direction the enemy would strike them from.

"I'm not worried. If anyone has to sacrifice themselves to get out of the mess we're headed into, let me do it- I might die from this world, but it won't be the end of me."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 11-26-2016

"Let's not talk about anyone dying...Shades are scary enough as-is"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 11-27-2016

The door fully opens, revealing a large chamber with walls completely lined by the purple crystals. In the center is an extremely large one; almost two stories tall, shaped like a perfect octagonal prism.
The large crystal appears to have... Something within it; its shadowy core ripples like fire, as opposed to the cores of the other crystals, which appear to be misty.
An unseen force pushes the group from the small chamber before the door into the larger one, the two slabs closing together quickly with a thud.
Another eye emblem appears on the shadow within the large crystal- much larger this time, as if it were an actual eye- as the Remnant forms, seemingly out of nothing, between it and the group.
"̞̬͎̹͈͈̖͇̭M̡̛̛̺͔̼̥̱a͏҉̳̞̗k̛͖̭̻̰͓͚̙̲̯e̛̯̮̜̗̖̼̳̟̮̕͜ ͓̬̣͈̰͠ỳ̢̛̳̩͈͕̘o̗̕u̡̜͖̲̤̝͉͝ŕ̨͚̪̠̝̳̭̥͎s̨̤̤̹̟̦͕̜͢e͎̠̹͈̜͜͞l̰͓͍̩̙͖v̼͍e̙̟̼̻̲̥̭̘͘ͅs̛͈̣̥̺ ̢͖̙͉a̶͈̠͕͍̥̘͍͙͟͟t̵̜̬ ̧̜͈͎̤͚̳̩̦h̴̟̼̠̪̖̝̪ơ̜͖͘m͈͔͚̮̱̜̠e̡͞͏̟͇̼̣͚̺͔͖̰.̩̺͔̝.͏͚̰͖̙͢ͅͅ.̛͎͚̖͞ ̵̣͉͈́F̮̹̳̬͕̕͠o̷̜͙̖ŕ̬̹̬̬̙̜̻̳͚͘͢ ͏͏͚̟͍̭̘̗ý̨͖̲̲̣͇̗̺͞o̶̧͓͇̼ù͖̩͢ ͔̲ẃ̰͖͇̫͜o̻̱̣̰̬̖n҉̻̠͉͝'̢͉̞̞͕̭͠t̨̪̹ ̵̸̳̬͎̹b̶̟̹͖͢e̛̻͙͟ ̸̹̟̺͝ͅl̘̝̜̥̟̰̩̀ḛ̵̖͚a̹̘̩v̨҉̴̙̹̲͔̟̳͍̬i̸̛̛̭̱̹̼ņ͚̳͇̮́͡g̴͙̹͕͚̼̮͢.̶̨̖̗̝͈̦̫͚̬"̴̶̯̣̲͍͔̗̻͘
The Remnant forms its jagged blade and immediately swings it overhead at the Anomaly, who deflects it to the side with his glaive. Its sword in the ground, even the Remnant appears to be having a bit of trouble lifting it up again.
Argon hangs back, trying to line up a shot.