Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Timtimthe2nd - 11-27-2016

(11-27-2016, 06:14 PM)Umbra Wrote: The door fully opens, revealing a large chamber with walls completely lined by the purple crystals. In the center is an extremely large one; almost two stories tall, shaped like a perfect octagonal prism.
The large crystal appears to have... Something within it; its shadowy core ripples like fire, as opposed to the cores of the other crystals, which appear to be misty.
An unseen force pushes the group from the small chamber before the door into the larger one, the two slabs closing together quickly with a thud.
Another eye emblem appears on the shadow within the large crystal- much larger this time, as if it were an actual eye- as the Remnant forms, seemingly out of nothing, between it and the group.
"̞̬͎̹͈͈̖͇̭M̡̛̛̺͔̼̥̱a͏҉̳̞̗k̛͖̭̻̰͓͚̙̲̯e̛̯̮̜̗̖̼̳̟̮̕͜ ͓̬̣͈̰͠ỳ̢̛̳̩͈͕̘o̗̕u̡̜͖̲̤̝͉͝ŕ̨͚̪̠̝̳̭̥͎s̨̤̤̹̟̦͕̜͢e͎̠̹͈̜͜͞l̰͓͍̩̙͖v̼͍e̙̟̼̻̲̥̭̘͘ͅs̛͈̣̥̺ ̢͖̙͉a̶͈̠͕͍̥̘͍͙͟͟t̵̜̬ ̧̜͈͎̤͚̳̩̦h̴̟̼̠̪̖̝̪ơ̜͖͘m͈͔͚̮̱̜̠e̡͞͏̟͇̼̣͚̺͔͖̰.̩̺͔̝.͏͚̰͖̙͢ͅͅ.̛͎͚̖͞ ̵̣͉͈́F̮̹̳̬͕̕͠o̷̜͙̖ŕ̬̹̬̬̙̜̻̳͚͘͢ ͏͏͚̟͍̭̘̗ý̨͖̲̲̣͇̗̺͞o̶̧͓͇̼ù͖̩͢ ͔̲ẃ̰͖͇̫͜o̻̱̣̰̬̖n҉̻̠͉͝'̢͉̞̞͕̭͠t̨̪̹ ̵̸̳̬͎̹b̶̟̹͖͢e̛̻͙͟ ̸̹̟̺͝ͅl̘̝̜̥̟̰̩̀ḛ̵̖͚a̹̘̩v̨҉̴̙̹̲͔̟̳͍̬i̸̛̛̭̱̹̼ņ͚̳͇̮́͡g̴͙̹͕͚̼̮͢.̶̨̖̗̝͈̦̫͚̬"̴̶̯̣̲͍͔̗̻͘
The Remnant forms its jagged blade and immediately swings it overhead at the Anomaly, who deflects it to the side with his glaive. Its sword in the ground, even the Remnant appears to be having a bit of trouble lifting it up again.
Argon hangs back, trying to line up a shot.

Tim quickly fires off a few shots at the remnant's sword-wielding arm with explosive rounds.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 11-28-2016

"That was fast. I expected there to be some sort of dungeon first. You know, to test us and see if we were even worth your time to deal with"

It seems the Remnant had already set its sights on someone else, so for the time being Danu watches and readies herself to intervene if someone needs help.

Perhaps this would be over fairly quickly, after all the group did have a fairly decent team composition.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 12-02-2016

*meanwhile in woodport*
"We don't have all day, move it!"
"I have all the time on this godforsaken planet, they where we only tansfering me because I slayed one of you low pay scu-"
The Gaurd jabs at the avali's stomach with his handgun, and tosses him into a shuttle
"Will you shut up, no wounder why they wanted you gone!"
"you shouldn't have done that"
The avali pulls the guard into the shuttle using his cuffs and the door closes, followed by muffled screams

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 12-07-2016

(11-28-2016, 04:46 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: "That was fast. I expected there to be some sort of dungeon first. You know, to test us and see if we were even worth your time to deal with"

It seems the Remnant had already set its sights on someone else, so for the time being Danu watches and readies herself to intervene if someone needs help.

Perhaps this would be over fairly quickly, after all the group did have a fairly decent team composition.

"'Ey! Hieromancer! Can ya cover me?"

(11-27-2016, 08:49 PM)Timtimthe2nd Wrote: Tim quickly fires off a few shots at the remnant's sword-wielding arm with explosive rounds.

"̢̘̺̱̱͘A͏̵̝̦̜̮̺̬͖̟r̴̤̮̪̻̙̱̘̘͈g̱̼͍͚͎͝h̨̼̟̻͚̤̪́͟!̦͙̗̗̙̫͞"̡̳̫̝̥͍̮͔̩
The Remnant dislodges its sword from the ground, disappearing momentarily before reappearing further away.
̸̷͇̘͝"̀͘ͅH̵̶̬͕̟͠h͉͚̹ḫ̶͚͔̥͓̲̞͞.̦̮̞̱.͔̻̟̰͎.̰̗̜̗̻̕ ̣͍̙͚͚͎̝̠̀ͅṔ̨̭͖̩̻̳̺͎e̟̰͉̫̹͢r҉͇̤̱͟h̙̩͕̺͈͈̝̕͠a̸͓̕p̧̙̤̹͓͙̟̮̳͜s̭͓͕̣̥̺̘̰̕͠ ̛̦̫̼̗͖͠I̶͓̲̪̫͘ ̣̣̠̱̳̬u̞̣̫͍͘ͅn͎͝͝d̡̖̯̹̲̕è̻͔̫r̤͍͟͞e͏̫͎̬͕̬̬͞s͉̼̰̹̱͇͓t̬͙̯̣̪̬̝̮͠͠i͕̜͢ͅm̹̤̝̣̖͟a̹͙̘̺̘t̶̳̮̣̬̰é̦̻̞̘͈͖d̴҉͕̖̫̘ ̳͇̪̞y̡̮̤̞̗̠̕ͅǫ̷̞̀u̷̠̺̫̼͔̯̪̩͖͘͠ ̦͍̦̠̲̦̪͉͘l̝̙͈͕̯̩̬̦̀͜o̧̧̞̩͢t͇̱̟̜̬̦̘͔͞.͏̶̝̠.̴̭͈̭̰̦̦̖̘.̴̛͖̘"̧͎̟́ It straightens out its posture. ̵̘͈͕͚͟͞"̳̜̀N̢̗͔̪͕̺̟͡o̸͙ͅ ̷͉̪ḿ̛͔̭a̞ͅt҉̫̝̪̗͙͜t̗̘̱͖͚͝e̷̥̤̜̻̦̖̠̲-̨̛̖̟̖͇̹̠̩̞ ̜̥̤̥͉̙́́͝ͅA̡͈̠̖̘̬̳̘̞͇r̵̹͕̮͍̝g̷̛̱͍͞h̶̸̦̟͟!͇̙̠͉̩̣̕͜ͅ"̛̙̙̦̙̤̦͠ The Remnant hunches over, holding its head as its sword clatters on the ground.
"Umbra... Danu... Tim... Surge, is that you?..."
̡̲͕̭"̭̳͔̺͟N̶̸̟͍͔̩̲o̫̼̰͎͞͡!̖̳̤̳̜̻͢ ̨̺̗͖̦̦͘S̸҉̬̮u̫̟̮b́͢҉̮͓̘̥m̨͝҉̺̤͎̟̟͕̘̳i̸͍̦͉̗̱͓͕͞ͅt̴͎̤̦̗̖̣͜!̡̝̼̞̺̹̤̹ͅ"̡͍͈͕͚͔̩̖͕̯
"He's weakened from the strain of all his control... Help me! No... Help us!"
̶̶͎̖͕̘"͓Í̤͈̰.̴͖̰̙̠̩͘̕.͕̕.̤̩̜̘͖̰͢ ͏҉̱Ḏ͓̰̻̲̤̮͓o̰͚̤̭̹̮̤ń̞̥̦̦͎͡'͉̹͎̗͈̩̘̜̘͜͟t̸͎̖͡͠ͅ ͏̛͏̲̩̥̠͙̟k͍͕̠̙͇̹͕̫͢n͏̵̣̩͖̯̤̬̺͠o̶̢̖̲̣̺̗̝̳̺w̯̹͚̗͉͖̖̰̦͘͝.̫̗̣͡.͚̻͕̲͍.̡͙̫̱͔͕͔ ̠̟̖̣̙̲W̢͚̯̳̝̠̦̟̬̕h̼̩̹̖͖̫̩̫͢a̴̢̖̠̕ţ̢̣̟̞̜̠͜ ̷҉͚͈̟̰̳͍y̷̯͍̫̦͈̲͈o̶̢͇̤͔̦̞u̜͔͈̯͉̤͔̮ ̢͇͈m̴͔̪̮̜̬̘e̢͇͎͍̙̰͡à̷̱̼n͡͏̙̖̤͔!̷̯̦ ̧̟̻̳͉̺̫̥̗̺͡G̫̺̻͖͢͢ę҉̥͉͓̱̯t̛͙͎ ̸̧̳̖͎͎̫̠͙̕ớ҉̗̜͍̲͇̥̱͙̙u̵̖̗͓͜ṯ̠̼!͍̣́"̸̖̩̣̰̜͇̰̳́
A pulse of energy bursts from the Remnant in a ring as the crystals darken in color.
He stands up again, but he looks a lot more... Unstable. He also appears to be more crystal than energy now, with plenty of small shards littered across his body.
̷̡̧̠̪̲͔̤"̶̼̤Ṕ̺̠̩̻͇̲̗͎̙͞ę̱̖̳̲̝̩͙s̴̰͎͙͍̬̳͖̣̕͜t̩͔̺.̧̨̯̦̯̫̞͓͖.҉̩̮̩͉.̨͈͓̹̠̘̱̬͘"̶͍̯̗̗͈͖̰ The Remnant attempts to regain his composure, his very form visibly "glitchy," just as it looks when Umbra switches between forms.
The strange voice lingers.
"Be careful fighting him... He's not what he seems to be... Still salvageable..."

// you guys want some music that goes well with the Remnant fight right now? It's a good track, anyway.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 12-07-2016

Surge, having been avoiding involving himself directly in the fight thus far, pulls one of the grenades off of his belt, not arming it yet but keeping it handy, waiting for some sort of opening.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Timtimthe2nd - 12-08-2016

(12-07-2016, 02:00 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(11-28-2016, 04:46 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: "That was fast. I expected there to be some sort of dungeon first. You know, to test us and see if we were even worth your time to deal with"

"'Ey! Hieromancer! Can ya cover me?"

(11-27-2016, 08:49 PM)Timtimthe2nd Wrote: Tim quickly fires off a few shots at the remnant's sword-wielding arm with explosive rounds.

The Remnant dislodges its sword from the ground, disappearing momentarily before reappearing further away.
̸̷͇̘͝"̀͘ͅH̵̶̬͕̟͠h͉͚̹ḫ̶͚͔̥͓̲̞͞.̦̮̞̱.͔̻̟̰͎.̰̗̜̗̻̕ ̣͍̙͚͚͎̝̠̀ͅṔ̨̭͖̩̻̳̺͎e̟̰͉̫̹͢r҉͇̤̱͟h̙̩͕̺͈͈̝̕͠a̸͓̕p̧̙̤̹͓͙̟̮̳͜s̭͓͕̣̥̺̘̰̕͠ ̛̦̫̼̗͖͠I̶͓̲̪̫͘ ̣̣̠̱̳̬u̞̣̫͍͘ͅn͎͝͝d̡̖̯̹̲̕è̻͔̫r̤͍͟͞e͏̫͎̬͕̬̬͞s͉̼̰̹̱͇͓t̬͙̯̣̪̬̝̮͠͠i͕̜͢ͅm̹̤̝̣̖͟a̹͙̘̺̘t̶̳̮̣̬̰é̦̻̞̘͈͖d̴҉͕̖̫̘ ̳͇̪̞y̡̮̤̞̗̠̕ͅǫ̷̞̀u̷̠̺̫̼͔̯̪̩͖͘͠ ̦͍̦̠̲̦̪͉͘l̝̙͈͕̯̩̬̦̀͜o̧̧̞̩͢t͇̱̟̜̬̦̘͔͞.͏̶̝̠.̴̭͈̭̰̦̦̖̘.̴̛͖̘"̧͎̟́ It straightens out its posture. ̵̘͈͕͚͟͞"̳̜̀N̢̗͔̪͕̺̟͡o̸͙ͅ ̷͉̪ḿ̛͔̭a̞ͅt҉̫̝̪̗͙͜t̗̘̱͖͚͝e̷̥̤̜̻̦̖̠̲-̨̛̖̟̖͇̹̠̩̞ ̜̥̤̥͉̙́́͝ͅA̡͈̠̖̘̬̳̘̞͇r̵̹͕̮͍̝g̷̛̱͍͞h̶̸̦̟͟!͇̙̠͉̩̣̕͜ͅ"̛̙̙̦̙̤̦͠ The Remnant hunches over, holding its head as its sword clatters on the ground.
̡̲͕̭"̭̳͔̺͟N̶̸̟͍͔̩̲o̫̼̰͎͞͡!̖̳̤̳̜̻͢ ̨̺̗͖̦̦͘S̸҉̬̮u̫̟̮b́͢҉̮͓̘̥m̨͝҉̺̤͎̟̟͕̘̳i̸͍̦͉̗̱͓͕͞ͅt̴͎̤̦̗̖̣͜!̡̝̼̞̺̹̤̹ͅ"̡͍͈͕͚͔̩̖͕̯
̶̶͎̖͕̘"͓Í̤͈̰.̴͖̰̙̠̩͘̕.͕̕.̤̩̜̘͖̰͢ ͏҉̱Ḏ͓̰̻̲̤̮͓o̰͚̤̭̹̮̤ń̞̥̦̦͎͡'͉̹͎̗͈̩̘̜̘͜͟t̸͎̖͡͠ͅ ͏̛͏̲̩̥̠͙̟k͍͕̠̙͇̹͕̫͢n͏̵̣̩͖̯̤̬̺͠o̶̢̖̲̣̺̗̝̳̺w̯̹͚̗͉͖̖̰̦͘͝.̫̗̣͡.͚̻͕̲͍.̡͙̫̱͔͕͔ ̠̟̖̣̙̲W̢͚̯̳̝̠̦̟̬̕h̼̩̹̖͖̫̩̫͢a̴̢̖̠̕ţ̢̣̟̞̜̠͜ ̷҉͚͈̟̰̳͍y̷̯͍̫̦͈̲͈o̶̢͇̤͔̦̞u̜͔͈̯͉̤͔̮ ̢͇͈m̴͔̪̮̜̬̘e̢͇͎͍̙̰͡à̷̱̼n͡͏̙̖̤͔!̷̯̦ ̧̟̻̳͉̺̫̥̗̺͡G̫̺̻͖͢͢ę҉̥͉͓̱̯t̛͙͎ ̸̧̳̖͎͎̫̠͙̕ớ҉̗̜͍̲͇̥̱͙̙u̵̖̗͓͜ṯ̠̼!͍̣́"̸̖̩̣̰̜͇̰̳́
A pulse of energy bursts from the Remnant in a ring as the crystals darken in color.
He stands up again, but he looks a lot more... Unstable. He also appears to be more crystal than energy now, with plenty of small shards littered across his body.
̷̡̧̠̪̲͔̤"̶̼̤Ṕ̺̠̩̻͇̲̗͎̙͞ę̱̖̳̲̝̩͙s̴̰͎͙͍̬̳͖̣̕͜t̩͔̺.̧̨̯̦̯̫̞͓͖.҉̩̮̩͉.̨͈͓̹̠̘̱̬͘"̶͍̯̗̗͈͖̰ The Remnant attempts to regain his composure, his very form visibly "glitchy," just as it looks when Umbra switches between forms.
"Be careful fighting him... He's not what he seems to be... Still salvageable..."

// you guys want some music that goes well with the Remnant fight right now? It's a good track, anyway.

Tim shakes his head as flashes of memory suddenly surface. He quickly shakes them off, pushing it to the back of his mind for the time being. He decides to fire off a few more rounds at the remnant while he's momentarily unarmed.

//Some music wouldn't hurt

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 12-09-2016

(12-08-2016, 03:28 AM)Timtimthe2nd Wrote:
(12-07-2016, 02:00 AM)Umbra Wrote: "'Ey! Hieromancer! Can ya cover me?"

Tim shakes his head as flashes of memory suddenly surface. He quickly shakes them off, pushing it to the back of his mind for the time being. He decides to fire off a few more rounds at the remnant while he's momentarily unarmed.

"Sure!" Danu moves over to cover him, still empty handed but taking a lively pose ready to spring into action. She still doesn't call her abilities just yet, needing to conserve them.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Sock of Retribution - 12-11-2016

(11-23-2016, 10:34 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:
(11-19-2016, 12:04 PM)achroma Wrote: The kineptic shifts uncomfortably as he is spotted, desperately trying to remain inconspicuous

"Other side of town, this building is on the main street as well, so you should be able to simply follow the road straight there from here if you go right, not left, right.  It will be easy to notice as long as you take no detours.  There's also small maps of the streets in town if you need one, they are basic and only mark places of public office and station."
  The glitch receptionist placed a map on the counter, just a small card sized map coated in a thin clear plastic layer.  And then stood there getting back to what they'd been working on before.

Azureis sat boredly with her apparent pet in her lap as she softly massaged the cat's back, waiting and hoping for something to turn up.  Ears perking up at the soft creak of the wall as the Kineptic nervously attempted to look inconspicuous.  "You're not fooling anyone, pal."  She spoke up, though that's all she said for now.

The young pilot nods and bows slightly at the same time. He lets out a simple "Thank you" and promptly turns towards the door, gone from the room in a few seconds.

His next action consists of subscribing to the planet's newsfeed via the Nexus.
"Guess I'll save this place for later." He quickly beams back up to his ship, perhaps to be seen again at an unspecified date.

//I'm thinking of leaving Jiro inactive until the current quest is done; I've got other RP's I'm a part of anyways.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 12-19-2016

(12-09-2016, 02:51 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: "Sure!" Danu moves over to cover him, still empty handed but taking a lively pose ready to spring into action. She still doesn't call her abilities just yet, needing to conserve them.

"...Hey, you got any construction stuff that doesn't hurt livin' things? That voice said something about that Remnant thing being "salvageable..." I've got a hunch someone's... In there."
There's a chamber before the barrel in Argon's railgun that's big enough for a foreign object to be placed inside as ammunition. A few printing apparatuses are visible inside.

(12-08-2016, 03:28 AM)Timtimthe2nd Wrote: Tim shakes his head as flashes of memory suddenly surface. He quickly shakes them off, pushing it to the back of his mind for the time being. He decides to fire off a few more rounds at the remnant while he's momentarily unarmed.

The Remnant growls painfully, staggering a little. He lunges towards Tim with a smaller, more manageable sword, but is parried by the Anomaly's glaive before the blade can hit. The parry is followed up by a swing to the Remnant's head with the not-pointy end of the weapon.

// by the way, point of clarification: I use "glaive" to describe the polearm that's pretty much a sword on a stick. Just felt it needed some clearing up, as WoW has glaives that are anything but and there's also these weird throwing weapons called glaives.
// also, music:

// this'll change soon. Probably.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 12-20-2016

(12-19-2016, 10:05 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(12-09-2016, 02:51 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: "Sure!" Danu moves over to cover him, still empty handed but taking a lively pose ready to spring into action. She still doesn't call her abilities just yet, needing to conserve them.

"...Hey, you got any construction stuff that doesn't hurt livin' things? That voice said something about that Remnant thing being "salvageable..." I've got a hunch someone's... In there."
There's a chamber before the barrel in Argon's railgun that's big enough for a foreign object to be placed inside as ammunition. A few printing apparatuses are visible inside.

(12-08-2016, 03:28 AM)Timtimthe2nd Wrote: Tim shakes his head as flashes of memory suddenly surface. He quickly shakes them off, pushing it to the back of his mind for the time being. He decides to fire off a few more rounds at the remnant while he's momentarily unarmed.

The Remnant growls painfully, staggering a little. He lunges towards Tim with a smaller, more manageable sword, but is parried by the Anomaly's glaive before the blade can hit. The parry is followed up by a swing to the Remnant's head with the not-pointy end of the weapon.

// by the way, point of clarification: I use "glaive" to describe the polearm that's pretty much a sword on a stick. Just felt it needed some clearing up, as WoW has glaives that are anything but and there's also these weird throwing weapons called glaives.
// also, music:

For weapon clarification.  A glaive is a single sided wide blade meant for both swinging and stabbing.  The throwing "glaive" is a chakram mistakenly called something else because American companies thought it sounded cooler.

In any case.  Yeah, a glave is simply a large one sided knife on a stick, whereas spears are radial with blades on both sides leading to a fine point.  Glaives also tend to have their blade with a minor curve until it ends at it's point.  Being less effective against armor than a spear, but better versus multiple unarmored targets due to the ability of using capable slashing strikes with a longer blade than standard spears have available.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 12-21-2016

(12-20-2016, 10:55 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: For weapon clarification.  A glaive is a single sided wide blade meant for both swinging and stabbing.  The throwing "glaive" is a chakram mistakenly called something else because American companies thought it sounded cooler.

In any case.  Yeah, a glave is simply a large one sided knife on a stick, whereas spears are radial with blades on both sides leading to a fine point.  Glaives also tend to have their blade with a minor curve until it ends at it's point.  Being less effective against armor than a spear, but better versus multiple unarmored targets due to the ability of using capable slashing strikes with a longer blade than standard spears have available.

// exactly.
// main reason I went with a glaive is that I'm used to swordplay and am fond of polearms, but have no idea how a spear works besides thrusting.
// this might change soon, though; I've been thinking of switching to a Halberd. After all, if the Remnant can handle a sword of edgy anime character proportions with few issues...
// then again, I might just stick with the glaive. It's been Umbra's thing up to this point, after all...

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Timtimthe2nd - 12-21-2016

(12-19-2016, 10:05 PM)Umbra Wrote:

// also, music:

Tim instinctively rolls out of the way, before realizing that the attack was parried.
"Thanks!"
He quickly reloads while The Remnant is distracted by Umbra.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 12-27-2016

(12-19-2016, 10:05 PM)Umbra Wrote: "...Hey, you got any construction stuff that doesn't hurt livin' things? That voice said something about that Remnant thing being "salvageable..." I've got a hunch someone's... In there."

"No, I don't think I have anything like that. Almost everything in construction will kill you if it hits you hard enough, and there are plenty of glues and paints that give off dangerous gases if used without enough ventillation."

Danu ponders the matter a minute.

"It may be possible to separate the living from the nonliving. But I wouldn't have anything I could give you capable of that- doing something like that normally requires religious artifacts that don't seem to be easily obtained in this world."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 12-29-2016

(12-21-2016, 12:37 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(12-20-2016, 10:55 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: For weapon clarification.  A glaive is a single sided wide blade meant for both swinging and stabbing.  The throwing "glaive" is a chakram mistakenly called something else because American companies thought it sounded cooler.

// exactly.
// main reason I went with a glaive is that I'm used to swordplay and am fond of polearms, but have no idea how a spear works besides thrusting.
// this might change soon, though; I've been thinking of switching to a Halberd. After all, if the Remnant can handle a sword of edgy anime character proportions with few issues...
// then again, I might just stick with the glaive. It's been Umbra's thing up to this point, after all...

If you are a fan of more than halving your range and rate of reaction for swings, go right ahead.  No matter how strong one is, you cannot accelerate or decelerate your weapon past a certain point, and that point is one's friction to the ground beneath your feet.  Unless you are going to be using a hard-light halberd, but then the issue would become stability at that point with not enough weight to actually cut anything..  Spears are only good for thrusting, since the idea is to force the opponent to keep at range by menacing them infinitely with your additional range, if they try to push they end up skewered since you can't simply "knock" a spear away. the user can simply transition the impact into their hand, moving the back of the spear to keep the head in place and ready for the kill.  Good luck with your decision though, not like reality has to apply.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 01-08-2017

(12-27-2016, 06:01 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: "No, I don't think I have anything like that. Almost everything in construction will kill you if it hits you hard enough, and there are plenty of glues and paints that give off dangerous gases if used without enough ventillation."

Danu ponders the matter a minute.

"It may be possible to separate the living from the nonliving. But I wouldn't have anything I could give you capable of that- doing something like that normally requires religious artifacts that don't seem to be easily obtained in this world."

"...I didn't mean that kind've construction, but okay. Guess I'll jus' hafta hope this doesn't kill whoever's in there."
The apparatuses in the chamber start quickly creating a silver spike in the chamber, likely for firing. The idea seems both interesting and unnecessary.
Argon flips a switch or two and the power the railgun is generating audibly lowers a little.
"Ready to fire. Gotta hold steady..."

(12-21-2016, 10:30 PM)Timtimthe2nd Wrote: Tim instinctively rolls out of the way, before realizing that the attack was parried.
"Thanks!"

There seems to be a pretty intense duel going on between them right now. Despite the Remnant's weakened state, Umbra is twirling his glaive around like a madman in his efforts to parry every swing.
"What is your deal? You keep yammering about demons, angels, and all this other celestial stuff with nothing to show for it. What are you even doing here? Was it even worth endangering so many people!?"
"̛̹̖̲͓̙͍̹̤͟Ṛ̴͔̪̱̼͈r̴̖̜̻͎̬̭̠̦ģ͖̮̗͘h͚̦͉͈̖͇̦̠͘͜.͍͚̥͚͚̫̫̜̕̕.͉̭̤̭̹̭̲.̢̢̫͙̗͔ ͓̞͇͕̲T̴͏̗̥̗̼̼̙͍a̫̼i͏̶̩n̰͕̰͍̦̭͕̣̠t̴̢͈̼̰e̷̪͖͔̱̱͚͞d̬̘͓̻!҉͍͚̬͞ ̴̴̷͕̟͓A̵̢̲̣̘̮͉͜l҉̭̺̕l̡͈̮͍̖̲ ̳̙̪̝͙̝̹̙͝ó̴͏̳̞̣̣͎͖̹̳͈f̧̟̫͓͎̼͜ ̷̺̣͖͔͓̦̪͓͡͡y̢̠̯̫̹o̩̼̺̘͇ͅu̧̡͓̣ͅ!̴̮̫̤̠̮̫͇̣̕͠ ̶̸̖͈̩̲͙Ị ̷̸̗̘̪̭́h̵̨̭̼͉͈̼a͜҉͇̻͚͚̯͓̥͡v̷̞̞͠e̶͔̯͚͖͍̻͓͎̘ ̷̬͓͚̪̬͢h̨̨̞̬͍͕̩̜̪̭̖ų̸̖̹̼̼͝n̴̲͈͉͜ṯ̳͈̫̗e̷͖̦͖̘̕d̘͖̘͎̰̘̮̙́͢ ͏̼͕͉̠̬̝̗̱̙͝y̠̯̪̣̯͉̫o̸̡̡̺̹̳u̵̟̻͙͎̯̩͖ ͖̹̕f̢̦̳̜̠͇̲̬̕͜o̳̼̻̯͖r҉͙̰͉ ̶̛̫͇͓͎̩̼y̸̨̯̩͜ẹ̡̨̝̮͙̖̻͞a̶̖͓r̩̥͓͉͜͝ś̻̩͝ ͇̼͉̩̝͖̣͝o̩̣͙̕ͅn̴̹̣̩̹̺̤̙͡ ̸̘̫̙͇̫̤͖̀e̡̳̪͔͓̟͕͢n҉̗͖̭̞͎̬̲͘ḍ̨̘̜͙̻͕ͅ,̲́ ̷̡̠͖̲̬̳̯̩͓U̲͍̹̟̰̯͞͞m͟͏͉̜͚̜͇̣̤b̟̯̠̳̤̯ͅr̜̜̪͓̻̪͢͝a̷͚̗̜̫̭ͅl̫͚͔͚̭͘!͏̪͎͍͔̱͓͞ ̡̣̗̩̳͕̘̫̤ͅI͠͏͍͎͖̳͚̺̻̼͔ ̵̢̥͓́f̩̼͈̻į̷̵̞̺̠͈̞͍̼̬̘n͔͚̝̮ͅa̵͖̫̭̮͝ļ̺͠l҉̤̱̘̣͈̫̲y͏͈̙̪͍̻̬̀ ̸͔̖͔͇̻̤̯͎́ͅh̙͔ͅa̵̢̱̣̜̪̼͜v̰̘͜é̢̗̮̫̜͍ͅ ̵̯̺͚̬̝̬̕y̱̻̤͙̝͍̻͈ͅo̶̗̞̫̝͕̠̤̖͢͞u̵͇̲͉̳̲̣ ̟̙́͢e҉͓̥̝̮̕x̷̘̖͕̼̝̲̟́a̶̧̩͢ͅc̡͍̞̫̹͖̝͔t̡̥̮̖͙͖̺̰̣̳ḽ̵̛̫̭̘̮̘̱̝y̵̯̫̺̝͈̻͙ ̤͖̝̮̘̝̪w̢̩̙͙̺̘̹h҉͈̥͔͇͇̕ȩ̩̩̦̤̤̝̪r̶̶̢̪̝̥̟̭͖̹̙e̢̗̯̜̯ ͏͎̣͙̤͘I̷̛̤̯͇͚̞͇͘ ̶̰̼͕͔̲̪̘̩w̶̫̦͞͡ą̼̜͘͠n̵̢̜̭̮̤̱̮̹͡t͕͉̼͜͢ ̷͕̯̪̭̗ý̜̝̥͉͓͚̣̹̕o̢̖̤̤̯͇͚͍͠u̵̵̜,͔̦̕̕ ͉̮̗͈̰̥̥̞͝a̡͙͎̦̦̬̜ͅn̫̩̟̠̭̦̙̹͉͘d͏̩̱̘̺̪ ̮̤̞͎͙Ì̥͕̯̙̮͈'̸̪̰̳̝͚͡m̵̧̨̺̙̯̘ ͏͔̦̫̟̥n̠͖͙̤̰̮o̲͚̰̣ͅͅţ͓̳͚̪̼̦͉̣͝ͅ ͚̩̥͟l̷̼͇͔̻̩̰ͅe̫͈t̯̜̻̘͡t҉̗͖̜i̶̸̟̘͈̤͈̱͢n̡͉͇̭͜g̸̺̜̯ ̡̣͉͈̬͔̹̙̀y̨̻ơ̰͓̦̮̯̖̗̭u̸̙̳̼̜̜͚̖ ҉̝̜͕̬̪͎̩̺͠g͕̱̠̩̳e̷͎͉̳̭t̨͉̭͠ ̴̶̳̤̲͓̞̹̼a҉͔͉̠̱w͓̮̪̼͓͈̖͠a̭̤͉̱̣͉ý͕̼ ́͏҉̥͔͖̤t̮͙̩̙̼́h̺̰̺̯̯̣͠í̸̥͉̥̲͢s̵̨̗͎ ͙t̴̢͔̥̞͔̖̦̗͉̦̕i̙͓̼̦m̡͈̤͖͓͚̜e̵̡͙̯̥̮̦̝̦!̛̱̦͇͎̪̩͍̩͈͝"͔̯̲͓̺͕͞ͅ The Remnant swings powerfully, knocking Umbra over. He readies a finishing blow...
"Gotcha."
A thunderous sound echoes throughout the room as the silver spike launches from Argon's railgun and pierces the Remnant almost instantaneously. Several of the crystals lining the walls shatter from the shockwave of the noise.
The spike has embedded itself in the opposite wall. Collapsed on the floor a meter or two away from where the Remnant once was is a man in strange, medieval-looking clothing and leather armor. He seems mostly unharmed.

The one-eyed shadowy core of the large central crystal is now writhing and distorting...

You can't help but feel that something big is coming.

Umbra stands back up and readies himself. State does the same, sights locked onto the mysterious mass of dark energy.
"Prepare yourselves. It seems the worst is yet to come."

-------

Meanwhile, up on the Eden...
The market district is as busy as ever, the many stand owners crying out to try and pitch their latest goods to the uninterested crowd.
One mysterious individual is making his way towards Elijah and Ezekiel's stand. He stands at about 5'10, his skin is somewhat fair, and his hair is of regular length and somewhat messy, colored black in contrast to his deep blue eyes. The figure is dressed in jeans, tennis shoes, a white shirt and a black bomber jacket. This attracts quite a few looks, as he isn't exactly dressing in tune with the current style...
He looks to be around his 30's, but there's something about his eyes...
He approaches the counter of the stand and knocks on it.
"Hello? Is anyone here?"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 01-08-2017

Surge finally steps up, grenade ready. He can't let himself cower in the back this whole fight, he needs to act, and as soon as the shade shows itself he is going to end it.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 01-08-2017

//Pardon this posssibly long post.

Azurei shivered as he'd arrived on the Eden.  He'd never liked the uncomfortable re-scrubbed scent of the air off-world.  None of the scrubbers ever truly worked well enough to work out that fine metallic scent they left behind.  But he wasn't here on business, and it wasn't his choice to come up here either as his feet padded across off-white durasteel plating.  They hadn't shackled him or anything of the sort this time, though two security were behind him and one ahead with their basic compliment of equipment as they led him about.  There to make sure he didn't run.  

He was after all, under investigation for potential involvement with a recent situation now occurring.  To be honest, he couldn't really disagree with their line of questioning, he had been directly involved with it before.  He'd found himself outside Umbra's house numerous times over the past few weeks, wondering exactly what the whole picture was, but he liked figuring things out himself, he was too proud to admit he couldn't figure it out on his own.

Eventually he'd met with Umbra, acting as if an accident, just a simple coincidence, though it ended up being more than a mere meeting.  As unfortunate as it was every time he'd attempted to meet with the figure who seemed at the center of things, something always seemed to happen whenever he approached.  Culminating at the odd episode that had happened while he was at the hospital.  Since then, nothing interesting had happened, at least not to his knowledge, as the corridors they walked tightened until he was eventually led into a moderate to small room.  Annoying gunmetal grey plating and mid-poor lighting that only just adequately lit the room.  He wasn't really interested in what was going on around him since he'd agreed to come with them, though even still he'd noticed odd stares at him, even though he had his hood up on his tight fit robe...  What was up with that?  Never-mind that he was led by guards...

"Would you mind waiting in here?  We're trying to get someone over here for the meeting but it's taking more time than we'd like."

His brow furrowed, or at least that's what it seemed as he questioned them.  "Meeting?  I thought I was to be questioned about the 'incident'?"

"That's what this meeting is about."  "...  Oh, right."  They watched him with suspicion, probably didn't know anything much about what was going on.

Two of the guards exited and were instantly off after checking their pagers though, probably back to their posting, he didn't know, though the one that spoke stayed in the room with him as he sat down.  The chair was quite uncomfortable, but at least it gave him a place to rest other than the floor

"Come on, dammit.  Again?  Nothing?"  She could see the screen even from where she was sitting, was able to read it due to her family's marked ability.  "I'm sorry, but no, there was nothing I could find, apologies."  "Pfffah!...  Thanks for your attempt anyways, have a nice day."  The white furred Avali was out of the building before the glitch could even return the favor of well wishes.  Leaving them in an awkward silence as the door closed, and they simply sat back down waiting for anything to be put on their desk or for any calls.

Azureis stepped outside, small blue eyed Sandise in step behind her feet as she stopped at the nearest bench and sat down with a quiet sigh.  First her brother had been trying to find her, and now the opposite was true.  How ironic.  Sandrise settled down into a sitting position on the bench next to Azureis silently, staring at her silently before letting out what sounded like a soft hiss.  "Yeah right.  Like he'd ever let himself get caught by them."  Sandrise simply responding with a more intense stare, possibly a little bit of anger hidden amidst it. 

"F-fine.  I'll...  Check, uhhg.  I hate going off-world, the air is always so awful.  Yes I know it messes with your fur and scales.  What does that have to do with, did not need to know that, can we just go already?  Good.."
  Standing again, Azureis allowed Sandrise to disappear beneath her robe as she headed for the shuttle port to see about catching a ride to the eden.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Timtimthe2nd - 01-10-2017

(01-08-2017, 06:56 AM)Umbra Wrote: Snip

(12-21-2016, 10:30 PM)Timtimthe2nd Wrote: Tim instinctively rolls out of the way, before realizing that the attack was parried.
"Thanks!"

There seems to be a pretty intense duel going on between them right now. Despite the Remnant's weakened state, Umbra is twirling his glaive around like a madman in his efforts to parry every swing.
"What is your deal? You keep yammering about demons, angels, and all this other celestial stuff with nothing to show for it. What are you even doing here? Was it even worth endangering so many people!?"
"̛̹̖̲͓̙͍̹̤͟Ṛ̴͔̪̱̼͈r̴̖̜̻͎̬̭̠̦ģ͖̮̗͘h͚̦͉͈̖͇̦̠͘͜.͍͚̥͚͚̫̫̜̕̕.͉̭̤̭̹̭̲.̢̢̫͙̗͔ ͓̞͇͕̲T̴͏̗̥̗̼̼̙͍a̫̼i͏̶̩n̰͕̰͍̦̭͕̣̠t̴̢͈̼̰e̷̪͖͔̱̱͚͞d̬̘͓̻!҉͍͚̬͞ ̴̴̷͕̟͓A̵̢̲̣̘̮͉͜l҉̭̺̕l̡͈̮͍̖̲ ̳̙̪̝͙̝̹̙͝ó̴͏̳̞̣̣͎͖̹̳͈f̧̟̫͓͎̼͜ ̷̺̣͖͔͓̦̪͓͡͡y̢̠̯̫̹o̩̼̺̘͇ͅu̧̡͓̣ͅ!̴̮̫̤̠̮̫͇̣̕͠ ̶̸̖͈̩̲͙Ị ̷̸̗̘̪̭́h̵̨̭̼͉͈̼a͜҉͇̻͚͚̯͓̥͡v̷̞̞͠e̶͔̯͚͖͍̻͓͎̘ ̷̬͓͚̪̬͢h̨̨̞̬͍͕̩̜̪̭̖ų̸̖̹̼̼͝n̴̲͈͉͜ṯ̳͈̫̗e̷͖̦͖̘̕d̘͖̘͎̰̘̮̙́͢ ͏̼͕͉̠̬̝̗̱̙͝y̠̯̪̣̯͉̫o̸̡̡̺̹̳u̵̟̻͙͎̯̩͖ ͖̹̕f̢̦̳̜̠͇̲̬̕͜o̳̼̻̯͖r҉͙̰͉ ̶̛̫͇͓͎̩̼y̸̨̯̩͜ẹ̡̨̝̮͙̖̻͞a̶̖͓r̩̥͓͉͜͝ś̻̩͝ ͇̼͉̩̝͖̣͝o̩̣͙̕ͅn̴̹̣̩̹̺̤̙͡ ̸̘̫̙͇̫̤͖̀e̡̳̪͔͓̟͕͢n҉̗͖̭̞͎̬̲͘ḍ̨̘̜͙̻͕ͅ,̲́ ̷̡̠͖̲̬̳̯̩͓U̲͍̹̟̰̯͞͞m͟͏͉̜͚̜͇̣̤b̟̯̠̳̤̯ͅr̜̜̪͓̻̪͢͝a̷͚̗̜̫̭ͅl̫͚͔͚̭͘!͏̪͎͍͔̱͓͞ ̡̣̗̩̳͕̘̫̤ͅI͠͏͍͎͖̳͚̺̻̼͔ ̵̢̥͓́f̩̼͈̻į̷̵̞̺̠͈̞͍̼̬̘n͔͚̝̮ͅa̵͖̫̭̮͝ļ̺͠l҉̤̱̘̣͈̫̲y͏͈̙̪͍̻̬̀ ̸͔̖͔͇̻̤̯͎́ͅh̙͔ͅa̵̢̱̣̜̪̼͜v̰̘͜é̢̗̮̫̜͍ͅ ̵̯̺͚̬̝̬̕y̱̻̤͙̝͍̻͈ͅo̶̗̞̫̝͕̠̤̖͢͞u̵͇̲͉̳̲̣ ̟̙́͢e҉͓̥̝̮̕x̷̘̖͕̼̝̲̟́a̶̧̩͢ͅc̡͍̞̫̹͖̝͔t̡̥̮̖͙͖̺̰̣̳ḽ̵̛̫̭̘̮̘̱̝y̵̯̫̺̝͈̻͙ ̤͖̝̮̘̝̪w̢̩̙͙̺̘̹h҉͈̥͔͇͇̕ȩ̩̩̦̤̤̝̪r̶̶̢̪̝̥̟̭͖̹̙e̢̗̯̜̯ ͏͎̣͙̤͘I̷̛̤̯͇͚̞͇͘ ̶̰̼͕͔̲̪̘̩w̶̫̦͞͡ą̼̜͘͠n̵̢̜̭̮̤̱̮̹͡t͕͉̼͜͢ ̷͕̯̪̭̗ý̜̝̥͉͓͚̣̹̕o̢̖̤̤̯͇͚͍͠u̵̵̜,͔̦̕̕ ͉̮̗͈̰̥̥̞͝a̡͙͎̦̦̬̜ͅn̫̩̟̠̭̦̙̹͉͘d͏̩̱̘̺̪ ̮̤̞͎͙Ì̥͕̯̙̮͈'̸̪̰̳̝͚͡m̵̧̨̺̙̯̘ ͏͔̦̫̟̥n̠͖͙̤̰̮o̲͚̰̣ͅͅţ͓̳͚̪̼̦͉̣͝ͅ ͚̩̥͟l̷̼͇͔̻̩̰ͅe̫͈t̯̜̻̘͡t҉̗͖̜i̶̸̟̘͈̤͈̱͢n̡͉͇̭͜g̸̺̜̯ ̡̣͉͈̬͔̹̙̀y̨̻ơ̰͓̦̮̯̖̗̭u̸̙̳̼̜̜͚̖ ҉̝̜͕̬̪͎̩̺͠g͕̱̠̩̳e̷͎͉̳̭t̨͉̭͠ ̴̶̳̤̲͓̞̹̼a҉͔͉̠̱w͓̮̪̼͓͈̖͠a̭̤͉̱̣͉ý͕̼ ́͏҉̥͔͖̤t̮͙̩̙̼́h̺̰̺̯̯̣͠í̸̥͉̥̲͢s̵̨̗͎ ͙t̴̢͔̥̞͔̖̦̗͉̦̕i̙͓̼̦m̡͈̤͖͓͚̜e̵̡͙̯̥̮̦̝̦!̛̱̦͇͎̪̩͍̩͈͝"͔̯̲͓̺͕͞ͅ The Remnant swings powerfully, knocking Umbra over. He readies a finishing blow...
"Gotcha."
A thunderous sound echoes throughout the room as the silver spike launches from Argon's railgun and pierces the Remnant almost instantaneously. Several of the crystals lining the walls shatter from the shockwave of the noise.
The spike has embedded itself in the opposite wall. Collapsed on the floor a meter or two away from where the Remnant once was is a man in strange, medieval-looking clothing and leather armor. He seems mostly unharmed.

The one-eyed shadowy core of the large central crystal is now writhing and distorting...

You can't help but feel that something big is coming.

Umbra stands back up and readies himself. State does the same, sights locked onto the mysterious mass of dark energy.

Snip pt. 2

Tim begins to look around, aware that something was coming. He looked over at Umbra.
"I have a lot of questions, but those can wait. It isn't over, is it?"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 01-10-2017

(01-08-2017, 06:56 AM)Umbra Wrote: Umbra stands back up and readies himself. State does the same, sights locked onto the mysterious mass of dark energy.

"Lucky shot! That actually worked!" As the silver spike was being 3D printed in the railgun's chamber, she had influenced it slightly to make it behave like one of the artifacts the angel had spoken of. But of course the honors for the success had to stay with Argon, her abilities must remain hidden and this battle was certainly making it difficult!

Once the creature is split and the large crystal is destabilizing, Danu finally calls her sword and armor to the ready. She could feel the darkness surging from the crystal, and needed to maintain isolation or such exposure would quickly become a costly power drain.

"He speaks nonsense- angels and demons do not exist natively in this world. The only way they could come to exist here is if they came here from other worlds, and found ways to sustain themselves here."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 01-10-2017

(01-10-2017, 01:17 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: "Lucky shot! That actually worked!" As the silver spike was being 3D printed in the railgun's chamber, she had influenced it slightly to make it behave like one of the artifacts the angel had spoken of. But of course the honors for the success had to stay with Argon, her abilities must remain hidden and this battle was certainly making it difficult!

Once the creature is split and the large crystal is destabilizing, Danu finally calls her sword and armor to the ready. She could feel the darkness surging from the crystal, and needed to maintain isolation or such exposure would quickly become a costly power drain.

(01-10-2017, 09:32 AM)Timtimthe2nd Wrote: Tim begins to look around, aware that something was coming. He looked over at Umbra.
"I have a lot of questions, but those can wait. It isn't over, is it?"

Umbra takes a stance in the forming defensive line.
"Whatever they are, I'm not sure if I can answer them. And no, I don't think it is."

Quote:"He speaks nonsense- angels and demons do not exist natively in this world. The only way they could come to exist here is if they came here from other worlds, and found ways to sustain themselves here."

"Are you sure about that? He doesn't look like he's from... Around... Here..."
Umbra looks at the unconscious man for a second, looking at a prominent symbol engraved in the leather of the sheathed sword on his back...
"...Oh my god. Is that-"
He's interrupted by the crystal in the center shattering, along with all the others in the room.

Where there once was the large phylactory of sorts now stands a hulking, demonic figure with curved horns and the eye-emblem emblazoned on its face, seething with what can only be described as dark magic. It looms over the defensive line like a great shadow as it plucks Umbra off the ground, staring at the wriggling anomaly before forcefully flinging him against the wall.
Umbra bounces off and lands on the floor, fizzling back to his normal, furred self. He isn't moving.
The yet-to-be-named, somewhat armor-clad figure stirs a little.
The now-demonic Remnant focuses back on the rest of the 'party,' drawing two huge, wicked swords out of seemingly nowhere before letting out an otherworldly cry.

// This is the part where the music changes before it likely gets annihilated by 753's dimensional grenade things.