Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 01-11-2017

(01-10-2017, 11:19 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(01-10-2017, 01:17 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: "Lucky shot! That actually worked!" As the silver spike was being 3D printed in the railgun's chamber, she had influenced it slightly to make it behave like one of the artifacts the angel had spoken of. But of course the honors for the success had to stay with Argon, her abilities must remain hidden and this battle was certainly making it difficult!

Once the creature is split and the large crystal is destabilizing, Danu finally calls her sword and armor to the ready. She could feel the darkness surging from the crystal, and needed to maintain isolation or such exposure would quickly become a costly power drain.

(01-10-2017, 09:32 AM)Timtimthe2nd Wrote: Tim begins to look around, aware that something was coming. He looked over at Umbra.
"I have a lot of questions, but those can wait. It isn't over, is it?"

Umbra takes a stance in the forming defensive line.
"Whatever they are, I'm not sure if I can answer them. And no, I don't think it is."

Quote:"He speaks nonsense- angels and demons do not exist natively in this world. The only way they could come to exist here is if they came here from other worlds, and found ways to sustain themselves here."

"Are you sure about that? He doesn't look like he's from... Around... Here..."
Umbra looks at the unconscious man for a second, looking at a prominent symbol engraved in the leather of the sheathed sword on his back...
"...Oh my god. Is that-"
He's interrupted by the crystal in the center shattering, along with all the others in the room.

Where there once was the large phylactory of sorts now stands a hulking, demonic figure with curved horns and the eye-emblem emblazoned on its face, seething with what can only be described as dark magic. It looms over the defensive line like a great shadow as it plucks Umbra off the ground, staring at the wriggling anomaly before forcefully flinging him against the wall.
Umbra bounces off and lands on the floor, fizzling back to his normal, furred self. He isn't moving.
The yet-to-be-named, somewhat armor-clad figure stirs a little.
The now-demonic Remnant focuses back on the rest of the 'party,' drawing two huge, wicked swords out of seemingly nowhere before letting out an otherworldly cry.

// This is the part where the music changes before it likely gets annihilated by 753's dimensional grenade things.

"O-oh OKAY THEN" Surge primes the grenade as he pulls his arm back and throws. The little metal cylinder flies through the air with little fanfare...straight though the shade. Harmlessly bouncing off a rock and giving off a few sparks as it hits the ground.
Surge immediately fumbles through his gear simultaneously trying to get ready to protect himself and ready another grenade, and only succeeds in accidentally deploying the shield into his face and dropping the bag full of grenades. Panicking and shouting as a meager handful of grenades tumble out onto the ground, maybe 3 in total.
(no fun to simply deus ex machina the whole fight at the climax)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 01-11-2017

(01-11-2017, 03:10 AM)Surge Wrote: "O-oh OKAY THEN" Surge primes the grenade as he pulls his arm back and throws. The little metal cylinder flies through the air with little fanfare...straight though the shade. Harmlessly bouncing off a rock and giving off a few sparks as it hits the ground.
Surge immediately fumbles through his gear simultaneously trying to get ready to protect himself and ready another grenade, and only succeeds in accidentally deploying the shield into his face and dropping the bag full of grenades. Panicking and shouting as a meager handful of grenades tumble out onto the ground, maybe 3 in total.

The Remnant... Or, well, you think it's still the Remnant, cackles.
"̉͏̴͚͔͚̳͇̱͔̩̜P̶̛̤͍̼͙̮̪̬͂̿̃͊͌͋͋͘A̸ͧ̿̆̅̓̎̓҉̨͓̰̫̪̼̩̙̭Ţ͊ͭ͆̾͟҉̠̗͉̘̬H̵̡͕̞̪̣̭̫̲̞̗̓͞E͈̬͖̣͙̭ͯ̐̌́̚T̿͝͏̖̱I̩̖͍̘͙̲͗̽̂̎̕͢C͔̝̙̘͉͇ͬ̑͡.̼̗͓̘͉͙͛͘͠͞ ̪͓͖̟̯̯̭͆̅̇ͬ͋̉́N̷͙͉̻̪̬̝̋ͮ̀́O̶̩͚͍̻̬͖̟ͬ̓̑͆̏̊̽̃͘ ̸͖̩̹̪͍͐͊̿̾͗̕͘A̰̩̥̫̯ͪ̆ͦN̢̗͕̙̖̿̏ͯ̇ͤ͟͠Ỏ̶͙̦̹̮̭̜̘͒͌ͬ̐ͥ̿M͊̓̍̑̋ͤ̆͛ͯ҉̣̮͚̗͉͎̖̕ͅÁ̖̘͛̑͋̎L̥͔̣̮̃ͣͮ̃ͬ͌̂͗̍͘͜Y̛͎̼̣̱̥̥̣ͦ̅ ̡͚̮̭̤̬̻̣̞̹̓ͧ̍̄ͬT̳͍̟͔͈ͥ̆͑̀O̻̙̝͍͍ͣ͒̌͋͆̏͂̚͝ ͥ҉͈̺̮̜͎ͅͅH̯̅͗Ĕ̷̻̞̗͎͈̪̜̰̳͊ͨ̂̌͂́̍L͎͕̟̠͔͗͊̉ͮP̄͊̇҉͉̲̹̩̥̱͍͖̝ ̵̟͈̖̈́̎̔ͧ̍͠Y̱̠̝̲̎ͧÖ͎͓̫͎̼͎̤́̒͘ͅU̜͖͍͈̤̜͎ͭ͞ ̢ͧ̋ͬ͏͓̦̥̰̖͕̙ͅN̶̡̡̘̣̗͕̜̤̲̙̑̍ͨO̰̺̭͑̈̒͌͛͝W̛̝̓ͣͯ̽́.̡͖͙͙͙̰̖ͮ̅̀͜ ̰̭͈̥͛͒͒͆̓W̨̱̮̺͓͉̞̥ͩ̋̉ͯ̂ͣͅH̶̡̛͇̳͍̙̙͑ͯ̐Ä̵̹̼̠͔̼́̄͜T͎̬̺̈́͊̑̃̅ͤ͐ͦ͢ ̷̜̣̹̰̙̖͈͉̩̄ͩ̈ͩ̾̊̾W̵͍̺̭̩͍̮̙͆̓͋ͣ͌̿̏͗͟ͅİ͗ͮ͡҉̞̻͖̱̖́L̤̺̱͎̭̥̘̾ͪL̮͇͚̟ͯ̈́̓́̑͜͜ ̡̤̌ͭ͗̔̆ͫ̌̂̀Į͙̟̰̣̠̙͔̻̊̅͆̕͡T̵̞̝̜̍͛́̅͊͘ ͓͙͉̼̃ͯ͗ͣͯ͒͡͞B͎͇̩̲̣̤͙̓͂̒̍ͭ͗͂̇ͅĒ̗̳̿̑ͥ̈͛̇́,͔̣̌̍̆ͨ̅̚͡ ̬͇̞̱̙̤ͬ̊̚͠T̨͖̩̫̉͋̎̀͠H̵ͬ̌͐̽ͤ̎ͥ͊̆͏͈̜Ẹ̽̅͡ͅN̸̜̥̭̩͒̉ͥ̒̄ͬ̚?̵̳̈͌̋͆̉͒ ̯̠̣̺̣̗ͤͫ̾ͯͦ͘͟͞A̸̝ͧ͂́͜ ̴̬̪͙̐̍̈́̇ͥ̕͞S̍̆͊͆̿̊̾̽҉̵͉̹̫̰̣͉̪̘͜Ẉ̛ͣͬ͐I̲ͧ̋̌͋ͭͣ̇̆ͯF̸̢̠̖̍̽̋ͤT͙̝͈̫̺̰̩ͧͅ ͮ̉ͯͣ́͏̥͞D͓͓̦ͤͩ͌ͬͭͣ͝Eͤ̑̀̊ͣ̋̓҉̟̘̯̞̟Ȃ̞̯̅̂͜͝T̮̣̥͈̤͈͈̳̥̔̎̃̀͂̂ͤ͝H̡̛͙̤̬̣̺̭̋̔ͦ͞.̺͔͖̐ͩͬ̋͟.̢͎̣̟̻̩̱̟͊̿̏̇͋̂̓͂̀̚.̟͇͇̘̺̤̓̊͑ͤ̚͟͢ ͆ͫͪ҉҉̠̩Oͣ̓̇ͭ̍͏̶̛̬̼̺̲͎̟̙̻R̨̞͍͉̝͉̋̈̀́͞ ̢̛͎͇̩̘̥͖̣̤͍͑ͥ̅ͯ̓͊̾̆͡A͈̩̹ͥͥN̘ͬͩ̄ͭ͊ ̣͕̙̭̰͓ͧͨ̏͋A̶̶̹͇̱̜͕͚̱͕ͭͨ̔̾̌G̯̰̻͙̜͉͉͚͂͒̒ͥͬO͓̝͇̯͎̟̤̬ͤ̓͛ͦ̾͐̍͑̇͜͠N̜̳̭̘̗̲̓̅̈͋͋͊Ǐ̵̩̤̩̙͔̥ͯ̔̓̆̓̽͑͘Z͓̮̹̤͔͔͍͖͐̽ͬ͋̃͌I̧̲ͮ̓ͅN̔̄͝͏͈͖G̵̺͍͋ͧͩ͝ ͔͙ͤͭͩ̈̊͛ͯO̧ͩͤͣ̆̄͊͐͆̄͟҉̲̰̪̞͇N̶̬̝̼̜͈̏̓ͪͦ̎͢Ĕ͈͚́̕?ͧ̑̄̓͏̗̰̮͖"̠͌͒ͭ̾ͣ
It takes a giant swing at the formation.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 01-11-2017

(01-11-2017, 03:25 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(01-11-2017, 03:10 AM)Surge Wrote: "O-oh OKAY THEN" Surge primes the grenade as he pulls his arm back and throws. The little metal cylinder flies through the air with little fanfare...straight though the shade. Harmlessly bouncing off a rock and giving off a few sparks as it hits the ground.

"̉͏̴͚͔͚̳͇̱͔̩̜P̶̛̤͍̼͙̮̪̬͂̿̃͊͌͋͋͘A̸ͧ̿̆̅̓̎̓҉̨͓̰̫̪̼̩̙̭Ţ͊ͭ͆̾͟҉̠̗͉̘̬H̵̡͕̞̪̣̭̫̲̞̗̓͞E͈̬͖̣͙̭ͯ̐̌́̚T̿͝͏̖̱I̩̖͍̘͙̲͗̽̂̎̕͢C͔̝̙̘͉͇ͬ̑͡.̼̗͓̘͉͙͛͘͠͞ ̪͓͖̟̯̯̭͆̅̇ͬ͋̉́N̷͙͉̻̪̬̝̋ͮ̀́O̶̩͚͍̻̬͖̟ͬ̓̑͆̏̊̽̃͘ ̸͖̩̹̪͍͐͊̿̾͗̕͘A̰̩̥̫̯ͪ̆ͦN̢̗͕̙̖̿̏ͯ̇ͤ͟͠Ỏ̶͙̦̹̮̭̜̘͒͌ͬ̐ͥ̿M͊̓̍̑̋ͤ̆͛ͯ҉̣̮͚̗͉͎̖̕ͅÁ̖̘͛̑͋̎L̥͔̣̮̃ͣͮ̃ͬ͌̂͗̍͘͜Y̛͎̼̣̱̥̥̣ͦ̅ ̡͚̮̭̤̬̻̣̞̹̓ͧ̍̄ͬT̳͍̟͔͈ͥ̆͑̀O̻̙̝͍͍ͣ͒̌͋͆̏͂̚͝ ͥ҉͈̺̮̜͎ͅͅH̯̅͗Ĕ̷̻̞̗͎͈̪̜̰̳͊ͨ̂̌͂́̍L͎͕̟̠͔͗͊̉ͮP̄͊̇҉͉̲̹̩̥̱͍͖̝ ̵̟͈̖̈́̎̔ͧ̍͠Y̱̠̝̲̎ͧÖ͎͓̫͎̼͎̤́̒͘ͅU̜͖͍͈̤̜͎ͭ͞ ̢ͧ̋ͬ͏͓̦̥̰̖͕̙ͅN̶̡̡̘̣̗͕̜̤̲̙̑̍ͨO̰̺̭͑̈̒͌͛͝W̛̝̓ͣͯ̽́.̡͖͙͙͙̰̖ͮ̅̀͜ ̰̭͈̥͛͒͒͆̓W̨̱̮̺͓͉̞̥ͩ̋̉ͯ̂ͣͅH̶̡̛͇̳͍̙̙͑ͯ̐Ä̵̹̼̠͔̼́̄͜T͎̬̺̈́͊̑̃̅ͤ͐ͦ͢ ̷̜̣̹̰̙̖͈͉̩̄ͩ̈ͩ̾̊̾W̵͍̺̭̩͍̮̙͆̓͋ͣ͌̿̏͗͟ͅİ͗ͮ͡҉̞̻͖̱̖́L̤̺̱͎̭̥̘̾ͪL̮͇͚̟ͯ̈́̓́̑͜͜ ̡̤̌ͭ͗̔̆ͫ̌̂̀Į͙̟̰̣̠̙͔̻̊̅͆̕͡T̵̞̝̜̍͛́̅͊͘ ͓͙͉̼̃ͯ͗ͣͯ͒͡͞B͎͇̩̲̣̤͙̓͂̒̍ͭ͗͂̇ͅĒ̗̳̿̑ͥ̈͛̇́,͔̣̌̍̆ͨ̅̚͡ ̬͇̞̱̙̤ͬ̊̚͠T̨͖̩̫̉͋̎̀͠H̵ͬ̌͐̽ͤ̎ͥ͊̆͏͈̜Ẹ̽̅͡ͅN̸̜̥̭̩͒̉ͥ̒̄ͬ̚?̵̳̈͌̋͆̉͒ ̯̠̣̺̣̗ͤͫ̾ͯͦ͘͟͞A̸̝ͧ͂́͜ ̴̬̪͙̐̍̈́̇ͥ̕͞S̍̆͊͆̿̊̾̽҉̵͉̹̫̰̣͉̪̘͜Ẉ̛ͣͬ͐I̲ͧ̋̌͋ͭͣ̇̆ͯF̸̢̠̖̍̽̋ͤT͙̝͈̫̺̰̩ͧͅ ͮ̉ͯͣ́͏̥͞D͓͓̦ͤͩ͌ͬͭͣ͝Eͤ̑̀̊ͣ̋̓҉̟̘̯̞̟Ȃ̞̯̅̂͜͝T̮̣̥͈̤͈͈̳̥̔̎̃̀͂̂ͤ͝H̡̛͙̤̬̣̺̭̋̔ͦ͞.̺͔͖̐ͩͬ̋͟.̢͎̣̟̻̩̱̟͊̿̏̇͋̂̓͂̀̚.̟͇͇̘̺̤̓̊͑ͤ̚͟͢ ͆ͫͪ҉҉̠̩Oͣ̓̇ͭ̍͏̶̛̬̼̺̲͎̟̙̻R̨̞͍͉̝͉̋̈̀́͞ ̢̛͎͇̩̘̥͖̣̤͍͑ͥ̅ͯ̓͊̾̆͡A͈̩̹ͥͥN̘ͬͩ̄ͭ͊ ̣͕̙̭̰͓ͧͨ̏͋A̶̶̹͇̱̜͕͚̱͕ͭͨ̔̾̌G̯̰̻͙̜͉͉͚͂͒̒ͥͬO͓̝͇̯͎̟̤̬ͤ̓͛ͦ̾͐̍͑̇͜͠N̜̳̭̘̗̲̓̅̈͋͋͊Ǐ̵̩̤̩̙͔̥ͯ̔̓̆̓̽͑͘Z͓̮̹̤͔͔͍͖͐̽ͬ͋̃͌I̧̲ͮ̓ͅN̔̄͝͏͈͖G̵̺͍͋ͧͩ͝ ͔͙ͤͭͩ̈̊͛ͯO̧ͩͤͣ̆̄͊͐͆̄͟҉̲̰̪̞͇N̶̬̝̼̜͈̏̓ͪͦ̎͢Ĕ͈͚́̕?ͧ̑̄̓͏̗̰̮͖"̠͌͒ͭ̾ͣ
*Surge manages to try and hide behind the hardlight shield, waiting to either be destroyed or flung across the cave*

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 01-12-2017

Surge's holy hand grenade of antioch had apparently proven to be a total flop. And as he sprung away into a defensive position anticipating horrific injuries, Danu raises her hand.

The remnant's blade strikes something solid emitting a shower of sparks. Yet the object that had been struck wasn't visible- at least initially. It soon becomes visible, glowing a brilliant violet as the wavelength of light shifts into the visible range, revealing the object to be some sort of pole or rail.

Falling through the visible light spectrum, it becomes each color in turn before becoming a deep red, and then fading away to allow the blade to swing once more. But Danu had robbed the swing of momentum and thus power, making it much easier for her friends to defend against it.

Not waiting for that defense to happen, she lunges in to catch the blades again on her shield in the hopes of creating an opening for a counterattack.

"I'm afraid I have a slight problem with letting my friends die needlessly. You're going to have to come up with a better reason than that if you mean to get past me."

Her own blade was too short to strike the remnant while holding his blades with her shield, but perhaps while he was thus occupied someone else could move in to inflict a devastating blow.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Timtimthe2nd - 01-12-2017

(01-12-2017, 02:03 AM)OdinYggd Wrote:
(01-11-2017, 03:25 AM)Umbra Wrote: The Remnant... Or, well, you think it's still the Remnant, cackles.

Surge's holy hand grenade of antioch had apparently proven to be a total flop. And as he sprung away into a defensive position anticipating horrific injuries, Danu raises her hand.

The remnant's blade strikes something solid emitting a shower of sparks. Yet the object that had been struck wasn't visible- at least initially. It soon becomes visible, glowing a brilliant violet as the wavelength of light shifts into the visible range, revealing the object to be some sort of pole or rail.

Falling through the visible light spectrum, it becomes each color in turn before becoming a deep red, and then fading away to allow the blade to swing once more. But Danu had robbed the swing of momentum and thus power, making it much easier for her friends to defend against it.

Not waiting for that defense to happen, she lunges in to catch the blades again on her shield in the hopes of creating an opening for a counterattack.

"I'm afraid I have a slight problem with letting my friends die needlessly. You're going to have to come up with a better reason than that if you mean to get past me."

Her own blade was too short to strike the remnant while holding his blades with her shield, but perhaps while he was thus occupied someone else could move in to inflict a devastating blow.

Tim, recovering from his initial shock, fires off another six rounds at the remnant's hand and arm that was currently swinging at the group.
"Why can't we just catch a break with this thing?"
He would then move to grab one of Surge's grenades that he had dropped

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 01-12-2017

(01-12-2017, 02:38 AM)Timtimthe2nd Wrote: Tim, recovering from his initial shock, fires off another six rounds at the remnant's hand and arm that was currently swinging at the group.

It seems mildly annoyed.

(01-12-2017, 02:03 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: Surge's holy hand grenade of antioch had apparently proven to be a total flop. And as he sprung away into a defensive position anticipating horrific injuries, Danu raises her hand.

The Remnant sharply exhales. "̸̸̩̥̦̜͍͎͒͟R̥̬̠͈̥̻͖͎͑͌͜͟I̶͋̒̽͌ͫ͑͏̰̭̬̣̤̻ͅĠ̩̼̥͔̊̄̏̊͑́͢H̾̾̿̽̓̚҉̩̪̦̤T̟̟ͩ̐̔́͜͟.̷̾̎ͧ͐̾͐̒͊҉̟̠̙̺̤̹ ̞͔̬͎̺̞̟͋̎ͭȲ̙̇͆̉̾ͯ̊O͈ͮ̽ͭ͐͘U̵͉̤̯̎͊ͭ̔ͬ'̨͉̙̋̄ͯͮͫR̶̲̠̖͔̖̺̤͇ͤͬͦ̊ͬ̃̔Ẽ̜̟̬̫͓̘͙̽̐̆́͟ ̢̨͔͎̫̳͔̫̦̠̈ͩ̏ͯ̏̿̏T̫̠̙̰̤̯̱̱̤͑̓̎ͮ̈́͛ͮͪͭ́H̶͖̻̱̪̝̻͇͍̅̓̌͊̀Àͩ̆̔҉͏̘͍̠Tͩ͂ͤ͒̇ͯͨͨ̓͟҉̳̣ ̟̥̥̋͊͂̓̾͆̓ͯ͢"̦̦͇̘͈̟̘̲͂̿̇H̡͈̫̜͍̞̭͍ͯ̉͊ͩ̂ͩͅĨ͈̱̥̝̭̊̃E͐͒́̄̌҉̫̤̯̻̰͕R̜͎͒̐̈́̀͘Ǫ̯̪̱͚͇͛̚M͈̤̰̪̻̪̰̝̓͑̑ͪ̑ͪͭ̏͟A͚̳͓̹̠̱̜͊̔͆̈ͥ̎͂ͭ̾N͕͕ͭ̒̀̚ͅC̜̬͕͇̱̮̖̼͕ͥ̚E̺͖͋̏R̢̲̬̱͚̳̩͍̙͛̈́ͭ̓̈́ͩ.̗̰̻̥̈́̾ͭͬͬ̈ͫ̔ͅ"̸̑҉̳̺̩ ̧̬̰͕͙̣̺̠̩ͫ̽ͦ͌ͯ̑͝ͅG̷̶̤͚͛̐͆ͤ̎ͬO̵ͯ͐҉̹͍̪̫̩͕͕̜ ̵͇̠̆C̢̮͂̇̌͆ͭ̈̇Ḫ͚̲̅̿̓̍ͬ̚͘͝A͒̍̋͐̀̓͒ͪ̉̀҉̯͓S͙̜͖̩͍͙͚̖̒͟͠͞Ȩ̛̮̥̫̱̙̘̤͈̜͋̾͂͋̉͂̒̉̓ ̗̩̖̙̻̳͈͔͕̅̀̀̅́̂̆͗͢͟A̫͖̣̗͎͛̈͜͡N̶̾ͣ̀͏̥̠ ̵̢̤̞̥͇̺̬̮̓ͮ̌͘ͅÍ͖̠̥̠͕̥̄ͫ̏͋̚M̩̺̬̬̜̱͔͚̘̔ͨͥͬ̍̐̍P̃̽̂̇͒͠҉̸͙̰̱̦̦̱̞,̡̮̘͇̣̥̳̲̫̪̏͐ͤ̈́ͧ͌͗ͨ͢͞ ̙͉̞̳̾ͯ͟͟S̱̟̘͕̰̅͞E͆͑̎́҉̮̘̣̤͔̜̹̗͘R̨̦͇̞̂̆ͣ̎͗ͬ̒̃͑͟͠Ǎ̛̗͎̥̰̯̌̇̄̓̉ͫ̓ͤ̀ͅP̰̘ͥ͗͆͋̎̃ͯ̀H̲̱͖̲̦͛͆̉ͤ͒.̺̺̖͍ͮ̋̄̓͒̑̿̀ͅ"̤̾́̉͐̽̅̓
It raises its foot and kicks from the side as it lets its blades back up.

The strange figure silently wakes up. "Nngh..."
The man slowly props himself up. "What... Where..." he questions quietly.
He quickly realizes that there's a large, demonic figure some distance before him. He also notices Umbra, who is still unconscious.
There it is... Wretched-
I'll have to stop you there.
That voice... Is this another one of your tricks, Umbral? It's new. I'll give you that.
Far from it. I've seen both his memories and yours, and... There's a split. He isn't the same person you've been hunting.
...What?
The man stays in his seemingly half-asleep state.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 01-12-2017

Surge quickly retrieves one of the grenades, briefly attempting to take one of the panels off it before turning to Tim "I-I don't know why the first one failed, it went off properly but the device didn't initialize properly, I may need to recalibrate them!"

(01-12-2017, 04:25 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(01-12-2017, 02:38 AM)Timtimthe2nd Wrote: Tim, recovering from his initial shock, fires off another six rounds at the remnant's hand and arm that was currently swinging at the group.

It seems mildly annoyed.

Tim seems a little disappointed that his weapons had less of an effect than last time.
(01-12-2017, 05:16 AM)Surge Wrote: Surge quickly retrieves one of the grenades, briefly attempting to take one of the panels off it before turning to Tim "I-I don't know why the first one failed, it went off properly but the device didn't initialize properly, I may need to recalibrate them!"

"We're a little pressed for time."
Tim raises one of his guns, gesturing to the grenade.
"Will it have the same effect if I shoot it midair?"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 01-12-2017

(01-12-2017, 11:07 PM)Timtimthe2nd Wrote:
(01-12-2017, 04:25 AM)Umbra Wrote: It seems mildly annoyed.

Tim seems a little disappointed that his weapons had less of an effect than last time.
(01-12-2017, 05:16 AM)Surge Wrote: Surge quickly retrieves one of the grenades, briefly attempting to take one of the panels off it before turning to Tim "I-I don't know why the first one failed, it went off properly but the device didn't initialize properly, I may need to recalibrate them!"

Surge waves his free hand frantically in a "No" gesture as his visor briefly flickers "They have no explosive content. I can do a software diagnostic, uhhh hopefully it's just a minor software error."

(01-12-2017, 11:25 PM)Surge Wrote:
(01-12-2017, 11:07 PM)Timtimthe2nd Wrote: Tim seems a little disappointed that his weapons had less of an effect than last time.

Surge waves his free hand frantically in a "No" gesture as his visor briefly flickers "They have no explosive content. I can do a software diagnostic, uhhh hopefully it's just a minor software error."

Tim nods.
"Okay. I'll try to buy you some more time. How long will it take?"
Tim fires off a few more rounds, this time at the remnant's head.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 01-13-2017

(01-12-2017, 04:25 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(01-12-2017, 02:03 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: Not waiting for that defense to happen, she lunges in to catch the blades again on her shield in the hopes of creating an opening for a counterattack.

The Remnant sharply exhales. "̸̸̩̥̦̜͍͎͒͟R̥̬̠͈̥̻͖͎͑͌͜͟I̶͋̒̽͌ͫ͑͏̰̭̬̣̤̻ͅĠ̩̼̥͔̊̄̏̊͑́͢H̾̾̿̽̓̚҉̩̪̦̤T̟̟ͩ̐̔́͜͟.̷̾̎ͧ͐̾͐̒͊҉̟̠̙̺̤̹ ̞͔̬͎̺̞̟͋̎ͭȲ̙̇͆̉̾ͯ̊O͈ͮ̽ͭ͐͘U̵͉̤̯̎͊ͭ̔ͬ'̨͉̙̋̄ͯͮͫR̶̲̠̖͔̖̺̤͇ͤͬͦ̊ͬ̃̔Ẽ̜̟̬̫͓̘͙̽̐̆́͟ ̢̨͔͎̫̳͔̫̦̠̈ͩ̏ͯ̏̿̏T̫̠̙̰̤̯̱̱̤͑̓̎ͮ̈́͛ͮͪͭ́H̶͖̻̱̪̝̻͇͍̅̓̌͊̀Àͩ̆̔҉͏̘͍̠Tͩ͂ͤ͒̇ͯͨͨ̓͟҉̳̣ ̟̥̥̋͊͂̓̾͆̓ͯ͢"̦̦͇̘͈̟̘̲͂̿̇H̡͈̫̜͍̞̭͍ͯ̉͊ͩ̂ͩͅĨ͈̱̥̝̭̊̃E͐͒́̄̌҉̫̤̯̻̰͕R̜͎͒̐̈́̀͘Ǫ̯̪̱͚͇͛̚M͈̤̰̪̻̪̰̝̓͑̑ͪ̑ͪͭ̏͟A͚̳͓̹̠̱̜͊̔͆̈ͥ̎͂ͭ̾N͕͕ͭ̒̀̚ͅC̜̬͕͇̱̮̖̼͕ͥ̚E̺͖͋̏R̢̲̬̱͚̳̩͍̙͛̈́ͭ̓̈́ͩ.̗̰̻̥̈́̾ͭͬͬ̈ͫ̔ͅ"̸̑҉̳̺̩ ̧̬̰͕͙̣̺̠̩ͫ̽ͦ͌ͯ̑͝ͅG̷̶̤͚͛̐͆ͤ̎ͬO̵ͯ͐҉̹͍̪̫̩͕͕̜ ̵͇̠̆C̢̮͂̇̌͆ͭ̈̇Ḫ͚̲̅̿̓̍ͬ̚͘͝A͒̍̋͐̀̓͒ͪ̉̀҉̯͓S͙̜͖̩͍͙͚̖̒͟͠͞Ȩ̛̮̥̫̱̙̘̤͈̜͋̾͂͋̉͂̒̉̓ ̗̩̖̙̻̳͈͔͕̅̀̀̅́̂̆͗͢͟A̫͖̣̗͎͛̈͜͡N̶̾ͣ̀͏̥̠ ̵̢̤̞̥͇̺̬̮̓ͮ̌͘ͅÍ͖̠̥̠͕̥̄ͫ̏͋̚M̩̺̬̬̜̱͔͚̘̔ͨͥͬ̍̐̍P̃̽̂̇͒͠҉̸͙̰̱̦̦̱̞,̡̮̘͇̣̥̳̲̫̪̏͐ͤ̈́ͧ͌͗ͨ͢͞ ̙͉̞̳̾ͯ͟͟S̱̟̘͕̰̅͞E͆͑̎́҉̮̘̣̤͔̜̹̗͘R̨̦͇̞̂̆ͣ̎͗ͬ̒̃͑͟͠Ǎ̛̗͎̥̰̯̌̇̄̓̉ͫ̓ͤ̀ͅP̰̘ͥ͗͆͋̎̃ͯ̀H̲̱͖̲̦͛͆̉ͤ͒.̺̺̖͍ͮ̋̄̓͒̑̿̀ͅ"̤̾́̉͐̽̅̓

He quickly realizes that there's a large, demonic figure some distance before him. He also notices Umbra, who is still unconscious.
There it is... Wretched-
That voice... Is this another one of your tricks, Umbral? It's new. I'll give you that.
Far from it. I've seen both his memories and yours, and... There's a split. He isn't the same person you've been hunting.
...What?

(01-12-2017, 11:40 PM)Timtimthe2nd Wrote:
(01-12-2017, 11:25 PM)Surge Wrote: Surge waves his free hand frantically in a "No" gesture as his visor briefly flickers "They have no explosive content. I can do a software diagnostic, uhhh hopefully it's just a minor software error."

Tim nods.

Feeling the pressure come off of her shield, Danu turns in time to see the kick coming- but not soon enough to evade it. Her feet are swept away from beneath her.

"I'm afraid you are the only imp left in the area. Sorry."

Yet she doesn't actually hit the ground. Getting close to landing on it, she jams her shield against the ground and uses the push to spring right back onto her feet.

With a bit of a wobble, she calls her sword again because it had dissappeared when she let go to use both hands on the shield.

"Got anything better in ammo for that Tim? It doesn't seem to work very well against this guy, and going hand to hand with him would be rather unladylike for me to do..."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Timtimthe2nd - 01-16-2017

(01-13-2017, 11:54 PM)OdinYggd Wrote:
(01-12-2017, 04:25 AM)Umbra Wrote: The Remnant sharply exhales. "̸̸̩̥̦̜͍͎͒͟R̥̬̠͈̥̻͖͎͑͌͜͟I̶͋̒̽͌ͫ͑͏̰̭̬̣̤̻ͅĠ̩̼̥͔̊̄̏̊͑́͢H̾̾̿̽̓̚҉̩̪̦̤T̟̟ͩ̐̔́͜͟.̷̾̎ͧ͐̾͐̒͊҉̟̠̙̺̤̹ ̞͔̬͎̺̞̟͋̎ͭȲ̙̇͆̉̾ͯ̊O͈ͮ̽ͭ͐͘U̵͉̤̯̎͊ͭ̔ͬ'̨͉̙̋̄ͯͮͫR̶̲̠̖͔̖̺̤͇ͤͬͦ̊ͬ̃̔Ẽ̜̟̬̫͓̘͙̽̐̆́͟ ̢̨͔͎̫̳͔̫̦̠̈ͩ̏ͯ̏̿̏T̫̠̙̰̤̯̱̱̤͑̓̎ͮ̈́͛ͮͪͭ́H̶͖̻̱̪̝̻͇͍̅̓̌͊̀Àͩ̆̔҉͏̘͍̠Tͩ͂ͤ͒̇ͯͨͨ̓͟҉̳̣ ̟̥̥̋͊͂̓̾͆̓ͯ͢"̦̦͇̘͈̟̘̲͂̿̇H̡͈̫̜͍̞̭͍ͯ̉͊ͩ̂ͩͅĨ͈̱̥̝̭̊̃E͐͒́̄̌҉̫̤̯̻̰͕R̜͎͒̐̈́̀͘Ǫ̯̪̱͚͇͛̚M͈̤̰̪̻̪̰̝̓͑̑ͪ̑ͪͭ̏͟A͚̳͓̹̠̱̜͊̔͆̈ͥ̎͂ͭ̾N͕͕ͭ̒̀̚ͅC̜̬͕͇̱̮̖̼͕ͥ̚E̺͖͋̏R̢̲̬̱͚̳̩͍̙͛̈́ͭ̓̈́ͩ.̗̰̻̥̈́̾ͭͬͬ̈ͫ̔ͅ"̸̑҉̳̺̩ ̧̬̰͕͙̣̺̠̩ͫ̽ͦ͌ͯ̑͝ͅG̷̶̤͚͛̐͆ͤ̎ͬO̵ͯ͐҉̹͍̪̫̩͕͕̜ ̵͇̠̆C̢̮͂̇̌͆ͭ̈̇Ḫ͚̲̅̿̓̍ͬ̚͘͝A͒̍̋͐̀̓͒ͪ̉̀҉̯͓S͙̜͖̩͍͙͚̖̒͟͠͞Ȩ̛̮̥̫̱̙̘̤͈̜͋̾͂͋̉͂̒̉̓ ̗̩̖̙̻̳͈͔͕̅̀̀̅́̂̆͗͢͟A̫͖̣̗͎͛̈͜͡N̶̾ͣ̀͏̥̠ ̵̢̤̞̥͇̺̬̮̓ͮ̌͘ͅÍ͖̠̥̠͕̥̄ͫ̏͋̚M̩̺̬̬̜̱͔͚̘̔ͨͥͬ̍̐̍P̃̽̂̇͒͠҉̸͙̰̱̦̦̱̞,̡̮̘͇̣̥̳̲̫̪̏͐ͤ̈́ͧ͌͗ͨ͢͞ ̙͉̞̳̾ͯ͟͟S̱̟̘͕̰̅͞E͆͑̎́҉̮̘̣̤͔̜̹̗͘R̨̦͇̞̂̆ͣ̎͗ͬ̒̃͑͟͠Ǎ̛̗͎̥̰̯̌̇̄̓̉ͫ̓ͤ̀ͅP̰̘ͥ͗͆͋̎̃ͯ̀H̲̱͖̲̦͛͆̉ͤ͒.̺̺̖͍ͮ̋̄̓͒̑̿̀ͅ"̤̾́̉͐̽̅̓

There it is... Wretched-
...What?

(01-12-2017, 11:40 PM)Timtimthe2nd Wrote: Tim nods.

Feeling the pressure come off of her shield, Danu turns in time to see the kick coming- but not soon enough to evade it. Her feet are swept away from beneath her.

Yet she doesn't actually hit the ground. Getting close to landing on it, she jams her shield against the ground and uses the push to spring right back onto her feet.

With a bit of a wobble, she calls her sword again because it had dissappeared when she let go to use both hands on the shield.

"Got anything better in ammo for that Tim? It doesn't seem to work very well against this guy, and going hand to hand with him would be rather unladylike for me to do..."

Tim shrugs, and looks back at Danu.
"A clip or two of armor piercing, and that's it. I didn't think the thing would be shrugging off my explosive rounds."
Tim unloads and reloads his pistols with the armor piercing, trying to look for any potential weak points on the remnant.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 01-19-2017

And this is all true?
Every word of it.
Gods... And to think I wasted my life hunting someone who could have helped us the entire time...
You still have a chance. You may have hunted Umbra for years, but he doesn't recognize you. You can still help him, and he can still help you.
I suppose you're right...

The man stands up.

(01-13-2017, 11:54 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: Feeling the pressure come off of her shield, Danu turns in time to see the kick coming- but not soon enough to evade it. Her feet are swept away from beneath her.

The Remnant growls and readies a powerful blow...
But is interrupted by a large shard of clear crystal puncturing its side. It haunches over with a pained cry.
"Demon! Your time terrorizing this world is at an end!"
The man draws his sword, which gleams with a fiery light.
The Remnant slowly pushes itself upright. "HMPH... FOOL."
Its insult falls on deaf ears.
"Your deceptive life ends today! So says Cainhurst, Scion of the Order of Watchers!"
A crystal thrusts from the ground beneath Cain, sending him flying sword-first towards the Remnant. The attack cuts off one of its hands. More crystals spike from the ground and pin the Remnant in place.
"WHAT-!" It seems visibly much more annoyed. "INSOLENCE!"

(01-16-2017, 11:14 PM)Timtimthe2nd Wrote: Tim shrugs, and looks back at Danu.
"A clip or two of armor piercing, and that's it. I didn't think the thing would be shrugging off my explosive rounds."
Tim unloads and reloads his pistols with the armor piercing, trying to look for any potential weak points on the remnant.

The Remnant doesn't appear to have any gaps in its armor.
Then again, it doesn't appear to be wearing armor, either...

// I kind of want to end this a bit more quickly. Sorry to possibly disappoint.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 01-19-2017

"Alright!" Surge shouts as he turns his attention back to the Remnant. "FIRE IN THE HOLE" He arms the grenade and promptly hurls it at the Shade. Getting away from the Shade might be wise.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 01-23-2017

The remnant pinned in place by crystal shards, Danu cautiously steps closer with her sword.

She brings the blade up, ready to finish him when the moment is right.

"May you find peace in the life after this one."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 01-25-2017

//it's been awhile, seems I Didn't miss much.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 01-30-2017

Silence ensued around Azurei, as he sat and waited patiently for a time...  He'd been alone for a good bit now, so he was started to become discouraged, distracted, distant...  Annoyed.  "W-will it take much longer?"  His voice quavered and he'd noticed it himself before the guard even could.  Maybe it was best to be quiet? 

"Please be patient."
  It's all they said, it's all they ever said. 

"But I haven't seen my family in a week again."
  The guard flinched slightly, it seemed they at the least partially knew of the avali.  Although not really responding at first, the human guard looked at him with an expression of subtle sadness.  "Sorry, I can't do anything about that but call it in."    

"..  Fine then."
  His eyes lit up blue and he sat staring at the wall, to focus on something at least while he visually stripped it apart, though there was no actual change to the wall other than a slight blue tone upon it.  Of course he could only look so deep before he hit a hard-light emitter which blinded him and made him wince and blink away the blue light.  Ouch. 

It was only him, his sister, and Sandrise, not much of a pack, but they were still the only ones he could trust fully to understand him.  They were all a part of a whole, or rather what was left of it anyways.  He looked up as the door opened.

Uhhg the ride had taken too long, at least it had in her mind.  In reality it was a mere 10 minutes, despite how any length of time was too long for her.  The eden's air was no better today than it ever had. 

Of course that didn't mean the air quality was poor, not directly at least.  It was all clean, safe.  But it was always dry, and those with a stronger sense of smell of any sort would be able to catch the chemical tones carried on the air from scrubbers, although having plant-life on-board helped it remain by far better than it would have been otherwise. 

She spent a decent time padding softly across the inner hulls of the station, unsure of where exactly she should look.  She had only been up here once for a short time since the remainders of her family had awoken and it was spent hiding.  It left her awkwardly stumbling about aboard the eden looking for a lead by mere luck, ignoring salesfolk and getting those who got too in-her-face about selling out of her way with a quick statement of
"No money."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Timtimthe2nd - 01-31-2017

(01-19-2017, 10:21 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(01-16-2017, 11:14 PM)Timtimthe2nd Wrote: Tim shrugs, and looks back at Danu.

The Remnant doesn't appear to have any gaps in its armor.
Then again, it doesn't appear to be wearing armor, either...

// I kind of want to end this a bit more quickly. Sorry to possibly disappoint.
//No worries.

Tim brings his pistols up to aim at the remnant.

(01-19-2017, 10:26 PM)Surge Wrote: "Alright!" Surge shouts as he turns his attention back to the Remnant. "FIRE IN THE HOLE" He arms the grenade and promptly hurls it at the Shade. Getting away from the Shade might be wise.

At this, Tim quickly fires off a few shots at the remnant, simply aiming for center mass as he began to move towards cover.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 02-01-2017

Surge's grenade explodes, causing the shadowy monstrosity to recoil and howl in pain, the explosive's energy crackling all over its body. It shrinks down to a humanoid, shadowy figure, collapsed on the ground...
"Hhh... Finally..." The strange man falls over and goes unconscious again, still woozy from his earlier possession.

The soft purple light that had been illuminating the room fades...
Everyone in the cave would now realize just how dark it is.

After everyone's eyes adjust, the room is, indeed, free of crystals with three figures unconscious on the ground- Umbra, the odd man, and what is presumably a shade. The passage that fed into the chamber is clear, as if there had never been a door or wall there.

All traces of the Remnant- crystals included- shatter and turn into bits of clear crystal, useless for anything other than decoration. All the enslaved imps (those six-legged creatures, remember- in reality, they're no more harmful than raccoons without rabies) are now free, as well as anyone who may have fallen under the crystals' influence.

"...Is it over?"
"It seems so."
"Finally. Think I deserve a vacation after this."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 02-01-2017

(I had a plan to set the grenade off myself myself but that works I guess)