Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 02-02-2017

(02-01-2017, 10:49 AM)Surge Wrote: (I had a plan to set the grenade off myself myself but that works I guess)

// sorry, just wanted to conclude it... this arc has been going on for months :v

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 02-02-2017

(true enough, I can roll with it)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 02-03-2017

"Good enough. Lets get out of here before something else happens."

Danu releases her equipment and looks to see if anyone had been injured.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 02-03-2017

"Well that wasn't quite the desired effect...I hope it's actually dead" Surge gathers up the scattered grenades and stuffs then back into the bag. Trying not to dwell on their so far substandard performance.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 02-03-2017

(02-03-2017, 03:02 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: "Good enough. Lets get out of here before something else happens."

There are still three unconscious figures: Umbra, "Cainhurst, Scion of the Order of Watchers" (whatever that means), and the black figure.
The black figure seemingly disintegrates. Guess that counts towards 753's goal of killing it...

Umbra stirs. "Nngh..."
// finally giving him a color, even if it's Empathy's old one

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 02-03-2017

"Well I guess that answers my question...we should probably get out of this cave"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 02-04-2017

There she stood, in front of what she was hoping was a guard station, or at the least an info kiosk set into the wall.  She'd watched a few different folks in guard uniform enter and exit the place after all. 

Stepping inside and sliding down her hood she slowly meandered to the desk where someone sat.  Just another human in uniform.
  "Hello?  Is this a guard office?"

"Hmm?  Something to report?  Oh, sorry, what can I do for ya?"  He slid his chair over, looking the short avali over.  "Something wrong?

She hadn't said anything yet for a bit.  She was, admittedly, nervous, talking to guards did that to her every time. "..  I'm looking for my brother."

"Does he happen to look a lot like you?"  

"Yes!  I mean, yes, is he in trouble again?"

"Does he have a history then?"  Their glasses reflected the computer screen they were checking something on.  He didn't have a record of any sort on their system, but that didn't mean much around there anyways.

"No, nothing like that, it's just...  He just seems to be really unlucky is all.  I however do have one, caught stealing planet-side." She attempted to change the subject to skip past a touchy subject, though she could not for the life of herself remember why it felt like such a sensitive subject.

"Oh, kay, yeah, you're right, it's right here.  18 counts of petty theft, 12 of which were returned without loss by you shortly after..  Yeah, we've been looking for you for a little while now."

She almost bolted the moment he said that, but she also heard the door open behind her.   More guards probably, whether they were there just to hand in paperwork transfers or to keep her from running didn't matter.  She had fallen into their web on her own...  "B-but I haven't stolen anything since I was released, I swear!"

"Don't worry, you aren't in trouble, don't act so suspiciously otherwise you could end up in some..  Anyways.  Your brother asked for you, and trying to talk to an avali without their pack-mates is like trying to talk to a severed arm in most cases.  So it's been put on hold until we get you in with him to prevent more complications.  Simply put, it's not safe to question him alone for anybody involved."

She knew perfectly well what they meant.  He could make stupid mistakes, as could she without each other to reign the other in...  She wished they had more than simply each other too, but...  Wishes like that never turn out the way you want them to.

"..  Okay, where is he then?"  

"Hey!  Bren!  Come show this girl where Azurei is."  "Would you shut up Terry?  We're indoors, heck we're basically indoors twice...  My ears, oww."  "Yeah, stop yelling all the time..  Jerk!  Use radio."

An avali entered the room followed by another who was probably their brother.  "Hi, I'm Bren , I can lead you to where we're holding your brother if you would follow?" "Yes!  We can do this."  The second avali to arrive suddenly bolted off before Bren could finish, though Azureis had already shaken her head 'yes' that she'd follow them.  

"Hey Ten!  Stop, slo-!...  He's gone, damn..."  His voice neutralized quite suddenly, without any of his own pack-mates nearby now, his nervousness manifested quite noticably, as he felt blind.  "Please follow."  And he started walking without glancing back, though he did listen for her footsteps, she simply followed him where he led her now with silence between them.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Timtimthe2nd - 02-04-2017

(02-02-2017, 12:49 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(02-01-2017, 10:49 AM)Surge Wrote: (I had a plan to set the grenade off myself myself but that works I guess)

// sorry, just wanted to conclude it... this arc has been going on for months :v
//Since november or earlier i think
(02-03-2017, 03:42 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(02-03-2017, 03:02 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: "Good enough. Lets get out of here before something else happens."

There are still three unconscious figures: Umbra, "Cainhurst, Scion of the Order of Watchers" (whatever that means), and the black figure.
The black figure seemingly disintegrates. Guess that counts towards 753's goal of killing it...

Umbra stirs. "Nngh..."

Tim peeks out from his cover, a conveniently sized rock near the wall of the cave. He notices the unconscious bodies and quickly rushes back over, trying to assess the damages.
"Is it over? Is everybody okay?"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 02-04-2017

(02-03-2017, 03:42 PM)Umbra Wrote:

Umbra stirs. "Nngh..."

Kneeling beside Umbra, Danu checks carefully for injuries. "We should bring these two back with us, if they are alive enough to be transported. I'm all for getting out of here as soon as we can do so, but I'm not leaving them behind."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 02-05-2017

Surge makes his way over. "I can help carry them if needed"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 02-05-2017

(02-04-2017, 10:36 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: Kneeling beside Umbra, Danu checks carefully for injuries. "We should bring these two back with us, if they are alive enough to be transported. I'm all for getting out of here as soon as we can do so, but I'm not leaving them behind."

Considering he got slammed against a wall...
It seems like he'll be fine, but it might not be worth counting on him waking up soon.

"Cainhurst" is still unconscious.

"I will handle carrying 46... Unless, of course, you would rather carry him, in which case I will take the... Strange one."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 02-05-2017

(02-05-2017, 03:44 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(02-04-2017, 10:36 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: Kneeling beside Umbra, Danu checks carefully for injuries. "We should bring these two back with us, if they are alive enough to be transported. I'm all for getting out of here as soon as we can do so, but I'm not leaving them behind."

Considering he got slammed against a wall...
It seems like he'll be fine, but it might not be worth counting on him waking up soon.

"I will handle carrying 46... Unless, of course, you would rather carry him, in which case I will take the... Strange one."

"They are lucky. Neither one is too injured to be transported safely. Go ahead and take who you would prefer to carry, Surge can carry the other one then. I'll light the way out."

Danu prepares a white orb, which floats ahead of her to illuminate their way out.

"I'm sure this is like, quest flag to say. But I hope nothing else happens and we can head back home after this."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Timtimthe2nd - 02-08-2017

(02-05-2017, 04:57 AM)OdinYggd Wrote:
(02-05-2017, 03:44 AM)Umbra Wrote: Considering he got slammed against a wall...

"They are lucky. Neither one is too injured to be transported safely. Go ahead and take who you would prefer to carry, Surge can carry the other one then. I'll light the way out."

Danu prepares a white orb, which floats ahead of her to illuminate their way out.

"I'm sure this is like, quest flag to say. But I hope nothing else happens and we can head back home after this."

Tim prepares to leave as well.
"I can cover our flank"
He would then assume a defensive postion to the rear of the group.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 02-08-2017

Surge leans down to pick up Cainhurst and throws him over his shoulder. "I don't think that'll be necessary..."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Timtimthe2nd - 02-08-2017

(02-08-2017, 01:05 AM)Surge Wrote: Surge leans down to pick up Cainhurst and throws him over his shoulder. "I don't think that'll be necessary..."

"You never know, and it doesn't hurt to be prepared."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 02-08-2017

State picks Umbra up and the group starts to leave.

The trip back is, indeed, a trip back. No further surprises lie in wait.

As the team exits the cave, 753 has positioned himself and an unidentified being off to the side of the entrance.
"Ah good there you are, I see you have some wounded so I'll keep it brief, congratulations on stopping the shade, this is an unprecedented event of extreme importance yadda yadda. You guys did a good thing well."
753's apparent friend stays silent, but is surprisingly not a robot (probably), rather it is a male sapient of some sort with a body and tail covered in dark fur. He is dressed somewhat formally, looking more like a secret agent than anything in his crisp, well maintained suit and reflective sunglasses. Despite the individual's professional appearance and silence, he appears to fidget with either restless energy or nervousness about something as 753 congratulates the team, 753 on the other hand does not appear to be any rush if you have any questions for him.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 02-08-2017

Only silence met Azurei's ears for a period, the room being sound-proofed.  And once more the door opened.  Though this time, in stepped a pair of avali, one gesturing into the room as Azureis stepped in and quickly walked up to Azurei's side and gave him an awkward embrace that made him go wide eyed.  "Uh.  Missed you too."  He embraced her back before they pulled away and looked back to the Avali at the doorway, both saying "thanks." simultaneously before the other two exited the room.  There were three chairs at the table now, which let Azureis sit down next to her brother to wait, though they exchanged glances occasionally they didn't really say anything more to each other.

(;:;Heyyy, umbra, might throw a message your way soon, until then, i'll wait and see what Surge's planned idea was, unless he's lost that plan.)

(I have totally lost that idea. So much has happened in the last few months that I completely forgot anything I had planned for here. Sorry about that.)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 02-09-2017

(02-08-2017, 11:21 PM)Surge Wrote: As the team exits the cave, 753 has positioned himself and an unidentified being off to the side of the entrance.
"Ah good there you are, I see you have some wounded so I'll keep it brief, congratulations on stopping the shade, this is an unprecedented event of extreme importance yadda yadda. You guys did a good thing well."
753's apparent friend stays silent, but is surprisingly not a robot (probably), rather it is a male sapient of some sort with a body and tail covered in dark fur. He is dressed somewhat formally, looking more like a secret agent than anything in his crisp, well maintained suit and reflective sunglasses. Despite the individual's professional appearance and silence, he appears to fidget with either restless energy or nervousness about something as 753 congratulates the team, 753 on the other hand does not appear to be any rush if you have any questions for him.

"...Who are you?"

(02-08-2017, 11:31 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: (;:;Heyyy, umbra, might throw a message your way soon, until then, i'll wait and see what Surge's planned idea was, unless he's lost that plan.)

// sure thing.