Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 02-09-2017

(02-09-2017, 02:15 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(02-08-2017, 11:21 PM)Surge Wrote: As the team exits the cave, 753 has positioned himself and an unidentified being off to the side of the entrance.
"Ah good there you are, I see you have some wounded so I'll keep it brief, congratulations on stopping the shade, this is an unprecedented event of extreme importance yadda yadda. You guys did a good thing well."
753's apparent friend stays silent, but is surprisingly not a robot (probably), rather it is a male sapient of some sort with a body and tail covered in dark fur. He is dressed somewhat formally, looking more like a secret agent than anything in his crisp, well maintained suit and reflective sunglasses. Despite the individual's professional appearance and silence, he appears to fidget with either restless energy or nervousness about something as 753 congratulates the team, 753 on the other hand does not appear to be any rush if you have any questions for him.

"...Who are you?"

(02-08-2017, 11:31 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: (;:;Heyyy, umbra, might throw a message your way soon, until then, i'll wait and see what Surge's planned idea was, unless he's lost that plan.)

// sure thing.
"....oh, you do seem to have some new faces. I am Unit 753, I've been following your efforts here with great interest. To say that a malicious shade is dangerous is an understatement."
He gestures to Surge
"My, uh, colleague here was entrusted to help you more directly, and I am thankful I didn't need to intervene personally."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Timtimthe2nd - 02-14-2017

(02-08-2017, 11:04 PM)Umbra Wrote: State picks Umbra up and the group starts to leave.

The trip back is, indeed, a trip back. No further surprises lie in wait.
As the group exits the cave, Tim holsters his pistols and retrieves his pack that he had deposited at the entrance to the cave.

(02-08-2017, 11:21 PM)Surge Wrote: As the team exits the cave, 753 has positioned himself and an unidentified being off to the side of the entrance.
"Ah good there you are, I see you have some wounded so I'll keep it brief, congratulations on stopping the shade, this is an unprecedented event of extreme importance yadda yadda. You guys did a good thing well."
753's apparent friend stays silent, but is surprisingly not a robot (probably), rather it is a male sapient of some sort with a body and tail covered in dark fur. He is dressed somewhat formally, looking more like a secret agent than anything in his crisp, well maintained suit and reflective sunglasses. Despite the individual's professional appearance and silence, he appears to fidget with either restless energy or nervousness about something as 753 congratulates the team, 753 on the other hand does not appear to be any rush if you have any questions for him.

(02-09-2017, 04:20 AM)Surge Wrote:
(02-09-2017, 02:15 AM)Umbra Wrote: "...Who are you?"

// sure thing.
"....oh, you do seem to have some new faces. I am Unit 753, I've been following your efforts here with great interest. To say that a malicious shade is dangerous is an understatement."
He gestures to Surge
"My, uh, colleague here was entrusted to help you more directly, and I am thankful I didn't need to intervene personally."
Tim examines the pair of new faces, but decides to stay silent for the time being. He also retracts his helmet, seeing as he doesn't require it at the moment.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 02-15-2017

"We need to get these injured people to a hospital right away. Can't risk having their condition worsen from lack of treatment."

Danu looks to see if maybe 753 had a vehicle with him to get them back to Woodport quickly with. If not they'd have to return to goldfield and take the train or something.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 02-15-2017

"Injured?" 753 glances at the unconscious figures "yes I suppose I can help you reach a hospital if you are ready to leave, they aren't in any immediate danger and this will be your only opportunity to ask any questions about what just happened though."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 02-16-2017

(02-15-2017, 02:36 PM)Surge Wrote: "Injured?" 753 glances at the unconscious figures "yes I suppose I can help you reach a hospital if you are ready to leave, they aren't in any immediate danger and this will be your only opportunity to ask any questions about what just happened though."

"What can you tell us about it?"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 02-16-2017

(02-16-2017, 01:18 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(02-15-2017, 02:36 PM)Surge Wrote: "Injured?" 753 glances at the unconscious figures "yes I suppose I can help you reach a hospital if you are ready to leave, they aren't in any immediate danger and this will be your only opportunity to ask any questions about what just happened though."

"What can you tell us about it?"

"about the Shade?" 753 gestures to the cave "Precious little I'm afraid, this entire thing was somewhat atypical, that's why we're here, we wish to pick through whatever remains" He gestures to the figure behind him.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - AustinLB90 - 02-18-2017

(Do you people have like a map or something I'm curious since I've been thinking about it, can you name the important/interesting things in each area?)

(I have more questions but those I will save for if I join)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 02-18-2017

;::;No maps as things are considered in a constant state of flux. However, on-world the town preferred by most people is Woodport. The major transit hub up to the Eden station, a massive world class station where most folks end up living and where the multiple reality door stuff is at.

Now, back down on world across a railway and a moderate distance from Woodport lays Goldfield a struggling town that apparently lives in fear due to their inability to procure resources enough to take care of themselves. Other than this I don't think there's a lot that is set in stone aside from the guardian organization. IE space-age police force coupled with potential paramilitary defensive force in case of incursion.

(1 more thing, how does ghost, etheral, stuff the normal eye cant see, fit in or if it's even in. How about magic is it a thing? Can there be a creature one can't see without a magical ability? How common is magic, would i be able to buy something allowing me to see the unseen or use magic. This may or may not be for my potential rejoin if I do so.)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 02-18-2017

As long as you balance yourself out or limit your character via personality (Character COULD destroy entire worlds but won't even use 1% of power because otherwise it's boring, or could cause effects way beyond what they wanted, etcetra, just as an example)

creatures being invisible except with advanced abilities has already been done before and so should be perfectly fine. Magic is as common as the people who have it, and follows whatever rules it followed where such and such person with magic came from. (Multiple reality doors = people from different realities) If you really needed to you could buy anything you wanted, though some things are probably going to raise a few eyebrows, and others tempers. (at one point someone accidentally tried setting off a dirty bomb without realizing what pre-defined rules that follows, and everyone instantly got up in arms over it, as an example, since said thing would have killed every single character and person in woodport, no ifs ands or buts).

(I don't want magic, but instead a magical item, one of it's abilities would be to allow me to see the things most cannot but if something like that was easy to get what's the point. I also wanted it to be able to hit these things assuming normal items such as a gun cannot again with the if it's easy to get what's thevpoint, and then the sword messes with people besides it's owner in a way to reach said owner, doesn't care If the owner wants it there though. It will mess with anybody. The idea was for a sword.) (I feel grammatically incorrect)
(You know what I've gone so deeplease why not include the last thing. My character in the past could transform thanks to a device in his body. It's broken now but still there he can't use it and it doesn't work to its original full ability but it's there if somebody wants to mess with it. Just ask first since I want to have rules with it)
(If I feel like joining of course)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 02-19-2017

(02-18-2017, 03:12 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote: (I don't want magic, but instead a magical item, one of it's abilities would be to allow me to see the things most cannot but if something like that was easy to get what's the point. I also wanted it to be able to hit these things assuming normal items such as a gun cannot again with the if it's easy to get what's thevpoint, and then the sword messes with people besides it's owner in a way to reach said owner, doesn't care If the owner wants it there though. It will mess with anybody. The idea was for a sword.) (I feel grammatically incorrect)
(You know what I've gone so deeplease why not include the last thing. My character in the past could transform thanks to a device in his body. It's broken now but still there he can't use it and it doesn't work to its original full ability but it's there if somebody wants to mess with it. Just ask first since I want to have rules with it)
(If I feel like joining of course)

:;;:We've already had a shape-shifter in the past, although they chose to limit it themself.  I didn't say everything was easy to get either, just that you could get nearly anything.  It's up to you, and partly everybody else, how hard something can be to achieve access to.  Free-form RP and all that.  Though my characters rely on a sight-related ability as their primary capability.  One is a fighter(evasive) with only bare-line access to any sort of magic and the other is an enchanter(defensive spellcaster) who uses runes to protect and support others or equipment but is nearly useless to actually attack anything on their own, and in fact cannot do so directly anymore due to *Reasons*.  Azure-eyes, allows them to see all things in true form, and break them down visually to see what material components built them as well as some other things.  Their names are confusing on purpose.

Magical items are a respectable choice for a character though.  And if you join and prefer such an item or items, I will commend you on your choice.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - AustinLB90 - 02-19-2017

(Does azure eyes allow them to see what isnt meant to be seen at all?
Was I that shape shifter me? I was here before and had that ability though not much in this thread. More so in the non serious rp thread.
I like my magical sword idea)
(I'm going to re-establish my characterin his now current state)
Austin- it's me sorta in rp form, (don't know how to describe my personality sorry) I know boo uncreative but it's a good starting point character, he looks like my profile pic except you can see a sort of power or ability in his eyes but you can't be sure what. This is less so without his sword but noticiable. He's a above average height for an avali which doesn't mean much. Clothes ehh not sure yet, he owns armor but does not just wear it around. He's not overly strong but he regularly keeps a large sword with him so he is above average strength. He himself does not look unique. However, he always keeps holstered a strange large sword. It appears to be high tech, and the blade edge glows green, yet the glow it gives off doesn't feel electrical or chemical, most people won't be able to identify what this means but a few can. He has a shape-shifting implant that is broken but not in a harmful way, it's not visible to characters but this is more if somebody wants to mess with it for in some event. He lives in the main village but not where others may have known him to live from earlier.

If there is more you want to know I'll tell you if you need to figure it out in character or I'll just tell you.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 02-19-2017

(02-19-2017, 03:15 AM)AustinLB90 Wrote: (Does azure eyes allow them to see what isnt meant to be seen at all?
Was I that shape shifter me? I was here before and had that ability though not much in this thread. More so in the non serious rp thread.
I like my magical sword idea)
(I'm going to re-establish my characterin his now current state)
Austin- it's me sorta in rp form, (don't know how to describe my personality sorry) I know boo uncreative but it's a good starting point character, he looks like my profile pic except you can see a sort of power or ability in his eyes but you can't be sure what. This is less so without his sword but noticiable. He's a above average height for an avali which doesn't mean much. Clothes ehh not sure yet, he owns armor but does not just wear it around. He's not overly strong but he regularly keeps a large sword with him so he is above average strength. He himself does not look unique. However, he always keeps holstered a strange large sword. It appears to be high tech, and the blade edge glows green, yet the glow it gives off doesn't feel electrical or chemical, most people won't be able to identify what this means but a few can. He has a shape-shifting implant that is broken but not in a harmful way, it's not visible to characters but this is more if somebody wants to mess with it for in some event. He lives in the main village but not where others may have known him to live from earlier.

If there is more you want to know I'll tell you if you need to figure it out in character or I'll just tell you.

:;;: Don't know if it was you or not.  Unless you are Cororas or what was their name.   As for Azure-eyes.  Yes, it allows them to see everything as it currently is.  Although some things cannot be fully comprehended in such a mere instant and he's gone temporarily blind due to that.  Though he's since recovered, he was studying space and time itself, and the complete lack-there-of (trying, but went blind from it when attempting to study the only example he'd been able to directly observe)  Things as small as hidden creatures or invisible worlds are child's play and won't usually interest them.  So they'd serve to ignore them unless they proved interesting to study.  However it is an activated ability and can exhaust them.  Meaning they usually have to expect something invisible to check for it directly, and their ability is extremely obvious while active.  (Eyes glow azure blue, often basking their odd white coat in a blue tone as if it was glowing as well.  They are avali I should point out.  Poor eyesight and excellent hearing unless ability is active.)  I am perfectly alright with observing characters by what they do in character.

(Wasn't me but I did have that ability from the non serious rp)
(My eye ability is passive)
(I should mention that Austin is an avali too however, he comes from the non serious universe so he doesn't have the typical pack mentality, slso his eyesight due to his passive eye ability is again above average for an avali but he still prefers musical things over non but if a forget please don't get annoyed with me)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 02-19-2017

// yeah, about that...
// this RP started because the nonserious universe got destroyed, remember. Austin could have memories of it, sure, but he couldn't really claim he was from that world. Same goes and went for the other "returning" characters.
// I like your character idea, but may I suggest a different explanation for not acting like a pack Avali? "Austin" is a fairly Human name, so you could claim he was raised among Humans as an explanation for his behavior.

(Well he can't claim he's from there but really that did happen and he was influenced by it.)
(I do see what you mean by the human thing but why would anyone avali stay with humans let alone be eaised by them, I thought they weren't supposed to like them, I can see what you mean though. I'm not sure how to explain his/my behavior at this point, I have my character but I still have backstory holes to fill in.)

(I have come up with the perfect solution his memory is a weird mixture of real but doubtful memories and fake ones that feel wrong to him but make more sense, so he's not sure what's what, he thinks he was raised by humans but he doubts it for a few reasons and the way his memory is.)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 02-20-2017

:;;: Why would I get angry at you for making mistakes on the racial lore? The only ones who'll ever be able to perfectly pull off Avali are Ryuu themself and potentially obsessed fans that go too far in everything they do. Though your idea would actually work, heh, and open up possible story arcs for the future in the process of course.