Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 11-06-2015

(11-06-2015, 05:50 PM)Marxon Wrote: *it's dark save for emergency lights, but seems to be a valid point of entry*

//i need to take a nap or something, be back later

// all right, have a nice nap
The pilot flicks on a search light so they can at least attempt to find anyone alive.

The smell of brewing coffee fills the one-room house once again... Perhaps it's routine.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Ehksidian - 11-06-2015

The night was silent. Not even a whisper of a breeze passed through the valley. The air was cool, cool enough for the scouts to set up a small fire to keep themselves warm.

Wurg sat next to the fire as everyone else slept. It was her turn to keep watch. She didn't mind at all, though. Everything was still and tranquil. The fire kept her warm, and kept her awake. She didn't understand why someone had to keep watch. No one else had gone out this far, after all. There wasn't much life out here anyways, and what little there was tended to be small and harmless. In fact, the things always ran when they passed by...

The fire sparked a bit, signaling it needed a bit more wood. Wurg snatched one of the sticks that everyone had gathered, and dropped it into the flame. The orange heat quickly consumed the dry branch, and burned anew. She adjusted her sitting position to be a bit more comfortable.

The fire went out. A cold wind blew through the valley, and Wurg shivered. The wind blew for a few minutes, before it died down. The air was still once more. Wurg silently cursed to herself as she struggled to get the fire lit.

Thud.

She looked up and around. A sound had cut through the silence. But...from where?

Thud.

Wurg looked down the valley. The sound was...coming from down there.

The scent of coffee awoke Wurg from her dream...well, it was more of a memory. She knew it was a memory. It didn't matter much. With a shake of her head, Wurg rolled out from the couch. "Ugh...morning, Umbra..."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Comito - 11-06-2015

After trying to find an information center and being unsuccessful, Ralako decides to take a break.

He happens upon a bar with a bright neon sign and eagerly enters, not knowing it's the same one Rhayii is in.

Heading to the bar, he takes an empty stool and glances at the drinks, while also listening to whatever's showing on the TVs.

(11-06-2015, 06:49 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: The night was silent. Not even a whisper of a breeze passed through the valley. The air was cool, cool enough for the scouts to set up a small fire to keep themselves warm.

Wurg sat next to the fire as everyone else slept. It was her turn to keep watch. She didn't mind at all, though. Everything was still and tranquil. The fire kept her warm, and kept her awake. She didn't understand why someone had to keep watch. No one else had gone out this far, after all. There wasn't much life out here anyways, and what little there was tended to be small and harmless. In fact, the things always ran when they passed by...

The fire sparked a bit, signaling it needed a bit more wood. Wurg snatched one of the sticks that everyone had gathered, and dropped it into the flame. The orange heat quickly consumed the dry branch, and burned anew. She adjusted her sitting position to be a bit more comfortable.

The fire went out. A cold wind blew through the valley, and Wurg shivered. The wind blew for a few minutes, before it died down. The air was still once more. Wurg silently cursed to herself as she struggled to get the fire lit.

Thud.

She looked up and around. A sound had cut through the silence. But...from where?

Thud.

Wurg looked down the valley. The sound was...coming from down there.

The scent of coffee awoke Wurg from her dream...well, it was more of a memory. She knew it was a memory. It didn't matter much. With a shake of her head, Wurg rolled out from the couch. "Ugh...morning, Umbra..."

"Morning." This time, a steaming cup of coffee is already laid out on the table for her. Umbra is sitting on the opposite side.

(11-06-2015, 06:55 PM)Umbra Wrote: "Morning." This time, a steaming cup of coffee is already laid out on the table for her. Umbra is sitting on the opposite side.

She waved, and sat down at the table across from Umbra. The coffee smelled good, and having something warm was nice after that dream.
"So...good sleep, I assume? Nothing else funny happen overnight?"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Rune - 11-06-2015

(11-06-2015, 06:53 PM)Comito Wrote: After trying to find an information center and being unsuccessful, Ralako decides to take a break.

He happens upon a bar with a bright neon sign and eagerly enters, not knowing it's the same one Rhayii is in.

Heading to the bar, he takes an empty stool and glances at the drinks, while also listening to whatever's showing on the TVs.

Rhayii perks up when she sees a familiar face enter. With a quiet growl she leans back, further into the cim corner, one hand sliding down to rest on the grip of her handgun.
Seeing him from all people again on such a massive space station COULD be a coincidence, but it isn't likely.

She decides to watch him for a bit before taking any action.

(11-06-2015, 07:02 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: She waved, and sat down at the table across from Umbra. The coffee smelled good, and having something warm was nice after that dream.

"Yeah, I usually sleep kinda well... Oh, the power's fixed. There's gonna be some guys coming later to replace the window."

(11-06-2015, 07:11 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(11-06-2015, 07:02 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: She waved, and sat down at the table across from Umbra. The coffee smelled good, and having something warm was nice after that dream.

"Yeah, I usually sleep kinda well... Oh, the power's fixed. There's gonna be some guys coming later to replace the window."

"Oh, that's good at least." She took another sip of coffee from the still-steaming mug. "I think I'm gonna head back home today, or maybe up to the station or something...two nights in a row here is a bit...much, I guess. Even if we kinda know each other from that 'dream', if it was one."

(11-06-2015, 07:03 PM)Rune Wrote: Rhayii perks up when she sees a familiar face enter. With a quiet growl she leans back, further into the cim corner, one hand sliding down to rest on the grip of her handgun.
Seeing him from all people again on such a massive space station COULD be a coincidence, but it isn't likely.

She decides to watch him for a bit before taking any action.

Ralako orders a drink specially-made for Avali, colored blue and giving off wispy steam that flows over the rim of the glass. 

His appearance draws a few curious stares from people who've never seen his kind, but he pays them little mind except for answering a few basic questions they might ask.

"Nah, we're endothermic- warm-blooded, I mean. It's just that 'warm-blooded' for us is freezing to you!"

"Wait, what? No, we don't breathe- that's disgusting!"

(11-06-2015, 07:16 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: "Oh, that's good at least." She took another sip of coffee from the still-steaming mug. "I think I'm gonna head back home today, or maybe up to the station or something...two nights in a row here is a bit...much, I guess. Even if we kinda know each other from that 'dream', if it was one."

"Yeah, suit yourself, I guess... Feel free to come by any time, though. I'm usually not busy."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Marxon - 11-06-2015

(11-06-2015, 06:00 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(11-06-2015, 05:50 PM)Marxon Wrote: *it's dark save for emergency lights, but seems to be a valid point of entry*

//i need to take a nap or something, be back later

// all right, have a nice nap
The pilot flicks on a search light so they can at least attempt to find anyone alive.

The smell of brewing coffee fills the one-room house once again... Perhaps it's routine.
*theres signs of recent activity, opened crates and such*

(11-06-2015, 07:19 PM)Comito Wrote: Ralako orders a drink specially-made for Avali, colored blue and giving off wispy steam that flows over the rim of the glass. 

His appearance draws a few curious stares from people who've never seen his kind, but he pays them little mind except for answering a few basic questions they might ask.

"Nah, we're endothermic- warm-blooded, I mean. It's just that 'warm-blooded' for us is freezing to you!"

"Wait, what? No, we don't breathe- that's disgusting!"
Rhayii listens to him for some time, his behavior slowly getting her attention. After twenty minutes or so she decides that she wants to know more, picking up her helmet and securing it against her belt before padding over towards the bar, a few heads turning as she approaches in full armor.

(11-06-2015, 07:22 PM)Marxon Wrote: *theres signs of recent activity, opened crates and such*

The pilot flies to a corner of a ship as the others do the same, surrounding it. The magnets latch on to the hull and they slowly carry the ship to an open hangar.

(11-06-2015, 07:22 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(11-06-2015, 07:16 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: "Oh, that's good at least." She took another sip of coffee from the still-steaming mug. "I think I'm gonna head back home today, or maybe up to the station or something...two nights in a row here is a bit...much, I guess. Even if we kinda know each other from that 'dream', if it was one."

"Yeah, suit yourself, I guess... Feel free to come by any time, though. I'm usually not busy."

She gave Umbra a small nod. "Alright, thank you. And...thanks for letting me crash here, too. It...I dunno. Reminds me of somewhere." She finished her drink, and jumped down from the chair. "I'll probably stop by later. I'm gonna go up to Eden and see if I can find any stuff about myself, to help speed along the process. I don't have a computer or anything at home, after all."

Ehksidian Wrote:She gave Umbra a small nod. "Alright, thank you. And...thanks for letting me crash here, too. It...I dunno. Reminds me of somewhere." She finished her drink, and jumped down from the chair. "I'll probably stop by later. I'm gonna go up to Eden and see if I can find any stuff about myself, to help speed along the process. I don't have a computer or anything at home, after all."

"Sounds like a good idea... Oh, wait- do you have a phone or anything?"

(11-06-2015, 07:29 PM)Umbra Wrote:
Ehksidian Wrote:She gave Umbra a small nod. "Alright, thank you. And...thanks for letting me crash here, too. It...I dunno. Reminds me of somewhere." She finished her drink, and jumped down from the chair. "I'll probably stop by later. I'm gonna go up to Eden and see if I can find any stuff about myself, to help speed along the process. I don't have a computer or anything at home, after all."

"Sounds like a good idea... Oh, wait- do you have a phone or anything?"

"Uh..." Wurg fiddled around in the pockets of her hoodie, and pulled out a small, black rectangle. "...I think this is a phone." She touched the screen, and it flicked on. Sure enough, it was indeed a phone.

"Yep, I have a phone."

(11-06-2015, 07:22 PM)Rune Wrote: Rhayii listens to him for some time, his behavior slowly getting her attention. After twenty minutes or so she decides that she wants to know more, picking up her helmet and securing it against her belt before padding over towards the bar, a few heads turning as she approaches in full armor.

Ralako takes a quick gulp of his drink and sighs softly, before a noise makes all four of his ears rise.

The sound of approaching armored footsteps is impossible not for an Avali to hear, especially one that's a hunter.

He turns to look at the source of the footsteps, letting out a cry of shock and nearly falling from his stool when he sees the same Avali that apparently followed him to the station.

(11-06-2015, 07:34 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: "Uh..." Wurg fiddled around in the pockets of her hoodie, and pulled out a small, black rectangle. "...I think this is a phone." She touched the screen, and it flicked on. Sure enough, it was indeed a phone.

"Yep, I have a phone."

"You, uh... Want my number? That way you won't have to come find me if you want to talk..."

(11-06-2015, 07:38 PM)Comito Wrote: Ralako takes a quick gulp of his drink and sighs softly, before a noise makes all four of his ears rise.

The sound of approaching armored footsteps is impossible not for an Avali to hear, especially one that's a hunter.

He turns to look at the source of the footsteps, letting out a cry of shock and nearly falling from his stool when he sees the same Avali that apparently followed him to the station.

Rhayii stops near him, looking the other Avali over like some exhibition before just climbing onto the stool next to him and calling for the barkeeper to bring her and 'the other guy' another drink.

Then she actually turns around to Ralako, giving him a good sight on the handgun on her hip. It looks absolutely massive in comparison to her, the grip alone quite obviously designed for someone much larger as her. A large brown feather dangles from it, also far too large to be hers, even if she was brown.

She looks Ralako in the eyes with a cool, confident expression. "As you seem to stick to my tail anyway I guess I could just get it over with."

She crosses her armored arms. "Who are you, if you don't mind?"

(11-06-2015, 07:39 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(11-06-2015, 07:34 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: "Uh..." Wurg fiddled around in the pockets of her hoodie, and pulled out a small, black rectangle. "...I think this is a phone." She touched the screen, and it flicked on. Sure enough, it was indeed a phone.

"Yep, I have a phone."

"You, uh... Want my number? That way you won't have to come find me if you want to talk..."

"Yeah, that sounds good."