Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 05-13-2017

Umbra hasn't been seen for weeks.

However, nobody among the guards appears to be worried- even among those in Woodport.
State has taken up residence in his old house, which is missing a few valuables, such as the glaive that was issued to Umbra. It'd be safe to assume that wherever he went, he took it with him.

// figured I'd actually RP-announce that I was leaving.
// ...as well as announce the fact that yes, I did leave.

// just a friendly reminder; the guards are there to help, and feel free to use them; just keep in mind that corruption is weeded out by firing (i.e. guards that are corrupt are fired as soon as possible), meaning that they often won't do anything criminal. Also remember that they only fight with nonlethal force; lethal force is reserved for cases where there are no other options.

// I'll temporarily hop back in if things start getting out of hand, but DO NOT take that as an invitation to start causing excessive amounts of trouble. That's what the old shitshow Nonserious RP was.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Cereal - 05-13-2017

(05-13-2017, 02:11 AM)Umbra Wrote: // figured I'd actually RP-announce that I was leaving.
// ...as well as announce the fact that yes, I did leave.

// just a friendly reminder; the guards are there to help, and feel free to use them; just keep in mind that corruption is weeded out by firing (i.e. guards that are corrupt are fired as soon as possible), meaning that they often won't do anything criminal. Also remember that they only fight with nonlethal force; lethal force is reserved for cases where there are no other options.

// I'll temporarily hop back in if things start getting out of hand, but DO NOT take that as an invitation to start causing excessive amounts of trouble. That's what the old shitshow Nonserious RP was.

//nah i doubt my minor bits of world-building will really amount to much.

//just sort of there to signify that events /are/ happening in the background

(05-12-2017, 11:26 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote: //okay I'll admit I'm just shit at rp. I don't know what to do and have no plans (simply cannot think of any) and it's always been something in rp I disliked. I'll never do or be important because of it and it bothers me. But I try to do sonething even if its insignificant because I like to rp.

//view media. work on your writing. build self-confidence

//basically, if you're like me, or anybody starting out that's "self-aware", you'll doubt what you can do when it comes to roleplaying and writing

//as you work with it though, you start to realize certain aspects you like, yadda yadda

//basically, it's all something that you need to develop, though if you want to take up that duty, that's completely on you

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 05-13-2017

(05-13-2017, 03:15 AM)Cereal Wrote:
(05-12-2017, 11:26 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote: //okay I'll admit I'm just shit at rp. I don't know what to do and have no plans (simply cannot think of any) and it's always been something in rp I disliked. I'll never do or be important because of it and it bothers me. But I try to do sonething even if its insignificant because I like to rp.

//view media. work on your writing. build self-confidence

//basically, if you're like me, or anybody starting out that's "self-aware", you'll doubt what you can do when it comes to roleplaying and writing

//as you work with it though, you start to realize certain aspects you like, yadda yadda

//basically, it's all something that you need to develop, though if you want to take up that duty, that's completely on you

//Yes.  For example I was originally a copycat writer.  I'd copy the style of others repeatedly in order to practice.  Then eventually I started treating everything like a giant puzzle.  Little things people say or write, taking these bits of information, and making them greater than the sum.  Making them fit together in a way nobody seemed to have thought possible.  Of course, occasionally it can seem unfair, but that's why I work to self moderate as well.  The more I and others write.  The more resources I have available to use.  Butter knife to new world order and all that.  Now I can create new worlds on a whim if I need to.  Finesse is everything in my writing now.

Rapid footsteps on cobblestone, the fluttering of what snow didn't melt underfoot.  And then the slopping of cold mud.  The wind remained absent among the change in weather that had slowly returned.  There was a time when this was unusual for her...  Back in her younger years when everything seemed fine.  Every day was a delight in the homes of their pack.  Banners blowing in the wind.  It was a long shot away from how things were now.   Not to mention she still had her arm then, as a phantom pain stung her side as the nerves attempted again to check on the limb.  Phantom pains never went away...  It forced her to stop by a tree as she grasped at the missing limb's interface port.  Meant to connect to a cybernetic normally.  But hers was still held on the eden after they'd taken it from her for questioning.  As inopportune as the timing had been.  At least she wasn't stuck in a cell again.  She met again with the now familiar barrier, imperceptible to most, as her eyes grew alight, and she stepped carefully forwards.   It was not very long before she was past it, and she sped on, stopping next to her sleeping brother.  His bandages once again soiled, though an oddity presented itself to her.  A slight gasp left her mouth.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - AustinLB90 - 05-13-2017

//I have self esteem and the will to improve I do want to rp and it's fun. But I don't want to copy people's style that's not fun nor what i need. Mostly I lack inspiration. I don't know what I want to do now or what I can do that is good to do, but I want to rp. I currently want to try and work with 2 characters. But again I don't know what to do now.

(05-13-2017, 03:27 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote: //I have self esteem and the will to improve I do want to rp and it's fun. But I don't want to copy people's style that's not fun nor what i need. Mostly I lack inspiration. I don't know what I want to do now or what I can do that is good to do, but I want to rp. I currently want to try and work with 2 characters. But again I don't know what to do now.

//if it's a lack of what to do, or inspiration, look at ideas that you might like from media

//soon enough you'll find what you like about it. contemplate the possibility of it being ported over to whatever universe you're roleplaying in

//if it's plots, you can snag several themes and the like from media

//or perhaps you just need a break? i've known a few people that just need a break.

//really it's up to how you feel about it

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - AustinLB90 - 05-13-2017

(05-13-2017, 05:21 PM)Cereal Wrote:
(05-13-2017, 03:27 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote: //I have self esteem and the will to improve I do want to rp and it's fun. But I don't want to copy people's style that's not fun nor what i need. Mostly I lack inspiration. I don't know what I want to do now or what I can do that is good to do, but I want to rp. I currently want to try and work with 2 characters. But again I don't know what to do now.

//if it's a lack of what to do, or inspiration, look at ideas that you might like from media

//soon enough you'll find what you like about it. contemplate the possibility of it being ported over to whatever universe you're roleplaying in

//or perhaps you just need a break? i've known a few people that just need a break.

//My problem is that I want to interact with somebody but I don't know to get my character there to do that. You're all doing things and I want to rp but I don't know where my character could fit if it does in what any of you are doing. I don't want to do anything big or set up an arc of just want to interact with somebody and I don't know how.

(05-13-2017, 07:30 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote:
(05-13-2017, 05:21 PM)Cereal Wrote: //if it's a lack of what to do, or inspiration, look at ideas that you might like from media

//My problem is that I want to interact with somebody but I don't know to get my character there to do that. You're all doing things and I want to rp but I don't know where my character could fit if it does in what any of you are doing. I don't want to do anything big or set up an arc of just want to interact with somebody and I don't know how.

//what can help this is getting in contact with said person

//develop something oocly and when you get to a point where you like it, perform it icly

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - AustinLB90 - 05-14-2017

*outside Austin and Anna are walking about Town (wood port right? Thats the main planet town right?)the store is closed due to the weather. It's not particularly bad but the weather channel warns of a potential snow storm rolling in so in their case rather be safe than sorry if it does happen.  Austin being an avali is very well suited for the weather not wearing anymore than he usually does. In rather a hilarious contrast Anna is bundled up tightly being a flareon she simply cannot stand the cold . Together they go about Town mostly talking*

"It always bothers me when guards ask about my sword they should know I wouldn't carry it around with me visibly if it wasn't registered"

*muffled*"they're just doing their jobs"

"I know but still. You wanna go to the park we can sit down there"

"Sure"

*off they go exploring town*

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Cereal - 05-14-2017

More time has passed. Whatever that monument of a poor fellow was, it had been dismantled and moved.

The ships around orbit of the planet remained still inactive, though reports say an object from the heavens came into contact with the ground last night, a few miles off of Goldfield.

Authorities and scientists and all other sorts have already investigated it. What it was seemed to remain under wraps, though nothing seemed too violent about it. Nothing seemed wrong, except the impact area. It burnt in a brilliant, green flame, and the entirety of it smelt strongly like sulfur.

The fire itself seemed incredibly resistant to the usual methods of extinguishing flame, as if it was not anywhere close to being remotely normal flame. It was eventually quelled, though it did take hours, the only remains were an ashen, scorched plain, and various charred shrubbery around the impact.

Individuals of both Goldfield and Woodport have reported seeing eyes at the edge of their vision, scurrying off and not being seen again. Floating eyes.

Such claims have been met with heavy skepticism. Authorities and a majority of the other residents of both towns have claimed it to be just paranoia.

Doomsayers were found often near the beginning of these events, but have been taken into custody by guardsmen for evaluation. The streets are kept calm, though a sense of quiet hangs over them.

//sara interacts with austin's characters
//joseph interacts with yours, comito

(05-14-2017, 03:55 AM)Cereal Wrote: Snip
[SPOILER=Sara]

(05-14-2017, 12:13 AM)AustinLB90 Wrote: *outside Austin and Anna are walking about Town (wood port right? Thats the main planet town right?)the store is closed due to the weather. It's not particularly bad but the weather channel warns of a potential snow storm rolling in so in their case rather be safe than sorry if it does happen.  Austin being an avali is very well suited for the weather not wearing anymore than he usually does. In rather a hilarious contrast Anna is bundled up tightly being a flareon she simply cannot stand the cold . Together they go about Town mostly talking*

"It always bothers me when guards ask about my sword they should know I wouldn't carry it around with me visibly if it wasn't registered"

*muffled*"they're just doing their jobs"

"I know but still. You wanna go to the park we can sit down there"

"Sure"

*off they go exploring town*

From around a corner, the frail woman bumps into Anna, with an audible 'oof'.

"Sorry, merely my fault. Wrong place, wrong time. It's typical, really."

She'd then walk away, in the direction they came from, ignoring the lure of potential conversation, unless either of the two were to incite it.

*Anna almost trips in her heavy snow gear* "Ahh, it's okay just be more careful next time*
//This is the same person who collapsed in the shop before right? If not disregard every thing I say next

*Austin helps steady Anna*
"You seem familiar. You were the person from a weak ago right?" //I say disregard since I don't think he'd remember her otherwise

//I know what I want to give Anna now to help her stand out. Whoot inspiration but I shan't spoil what it is

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Cereal - 05-14-2017

(05-14-2017, 04:48 AM)AustinLB90 Wrote:
(05-14-2017, 03:55 AM)Cereal Wrote: Snip
[SPOILER=Sara]

From around a corner, the frail woman bumps into Anna, with an audible 'oof'.

"Sorry, merely my fault. Wrong place, wrong time. It's typical, really."

She'd then walk away, in the direction they came from, ignoring the lure of potential conversation, unless either of the two were to incite it.

*Anna almost trips in her heavy snow gear* "Ahh, it's okay just be more careful next time*
//This is the same person who collapsed in the shop before right? If not disregard every thing I say next

"You seem familiar. You were the person from a weak ago right?" //I say disregard since I don't think he'd remember her otherwise

//I know what I want to give Anna now to help her stand out. Whoot inspiration but I shan't spoil what it is

//yes

"Not-so mana-deprived and I've found somebody similar. It's really nothing you should worry about."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 05-14-2017

Feizel walks out of the guard station, holding an ancient looking book.
"Those guards clearly need a raise, they just do so much for so little..."
He continues on his way, though the snow covered town

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 05-14-2017

Azureis paced uncomfortably as Sandrise sat staring at her.  "What should I do?  He's not waking up and..."  Sandrise still just stared patiently.  "Nothing..?  Should I take him to a doctor?  But the guards.  They'll..  N-no, I have to."  She had spent a period of time like this, indecisive.  Before finally giving up.  "Sandrise, help me carry him..."  Her voice was quiet.  Uncomfortably so as she lifted one shoulder rather haughtily, unable to carry his full weight on her own without help.  Sandrise leaned down, letting her get him generally settled atop her back as they started for town.  it didn't take them long to come upon a guard, though they didn't instantly recognize the wanted figures, their equipment did for them.  "Halt!  You three!  Stop where you are."

(05-14-2017, 05:09 AM)Cereal Wrote:
(05-14-2017, 04:48 AM)AustinLB90 Wrote: *Anna almost trips in her heavy snow gear* "Ahh, it's okay just be more careful next time*

//yes

"Not-so mana-deprived and I've found somebody similar. It's really nothing you should worry about."

"Well you collapsed in the store I'm in charge of so color me a bit curious as to your current situation."

*Austin begins to say something before Anna cuts him off*
"so you've found somebody who can provide you with enough mana to function?"
*Austin sighs as Anna just stole his question so instead in a few moments he ask*
"Wait are you in a hurry?"

Nexus RP: Rebirth - Cereal - 05-15-2017

(05-14-2017, 06:59 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote:
(05-14-2017, 05:09 AM)Cereal Wrote: //yes

"Well you collapsed in the store I'm in charge of so color me a bit curious as to your current situation."

*Austin sighs as Anna just stole his question so instead in a few moments he ask*

"Yes. I'm fine really."

She'd turn back to the duo, placing a hand on her hip.

"Depends. Don't really need to be anywhere."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 05-15-2017

(05-14-2017, 02:42 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: Azureis paced uncomfortably as Sandrise sat staring at her.  "What should I do?  He's not waking up and..."  Sandrise still just stared patiently.  "Nothing..?  Should I take him to a doctor?  But the guards.  They'll..  N-no, I have to."  She had spent a period of time like this, indecisive.  Before finally giving up.  "Sandrise, help me carry him..."  Her voice was quiet.  Uncomfortably so as she lifted one shoulder rather haughtily, unable to carry his full weight on her own without help.  Sandrise leaned down, letting her get him generally settled atop her back as they started for town.  it didn't take them long to come upon a guard, though they didn't instantly recognize the wanted figures, their equipment did for them.  "Halt!  You three!  Stop where you are."

Feizel walks out of an alleyway and sees the guard. Taking his chances, he bumps into the guard, "accidentally" dropping a large sack of runed stones to the ground, scattering them across the snowy earth.
"Oh sorry sir, my bad! God, need to pay more attention..."
He glares over at the avail picking up an armful of rocks

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - AustinLB90 - 05-16-2017

(05-15-2017, 01:59 PM)Cereal Wrote:
(05-14-2017, 06:59 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote: "Well you collapsed in the store I'm in charge of so color me a bit curious as to your current situation."

"Yes. I'm fine really."

She'd turn back to the duo, placing a hand on her hip.

"Depends. Don't really need to be anywhere."
*Austin quickly interjects before Anna gets to speak again lest he not get a chance to speak*
"Oh good didn't wanna stop you for conversation if you needed to go anywhere"

"You sure? I don't mean to offend you but you look kinda frail but you're not... hmm I don't really know what happens if you don't have mana. Anyways if I'm bothering you please tell me, I'll stop.
*Anna seems very sincere about this*

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 05-16-2017

(05-15-2017, 06:51 PM)achroma Wrote:
(05-14-2017, 02:42 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: Azureis paced uncomfortably as Sandrise sat staring at her.  "What should I do?  He's not waking up and..."  Sandrise still just stared patiently.  "Nothing..?  Should I take him to a doctor?  But the guards.  They'll..  N-no, I have to."  She had spent a period of time like this, indecisive.  Before finally giving up.  "Sandrise, help me carry him..."  Her voice was quiet.  Uncomfortably so as she lifted one shoulder rather haughtily, unable to carry his full weight on her own without help.  Sandrise leaned down, letting her get him generally settled atop her back as they started for town.  it didn't take them long to come upon a guard, though they didn't instantly recognize the wanted figures, their equipment did for them.  "Halt!  You three!  Stop where you are."

Feizel walks out of an alleyway and sees the guard. Taking his chances, he bumps into the guard, "accidentally" dropping a large sack of runed stones to the ground, scattering them across the snowy earth.

They had actually stopped once addressed by the guard, though the happening drew Azureis' eyes to feizel as she pulled out a small card, remembering she had it as she tossed it onto the ground like garbage.  Her brother had given it to her a few days before.  The guard meanwhile nearly tripped as one of the stones rolled beneath their foot as they'd been walking and rolled about making their foot slide out forwards before catching themself.  Staring at the kineptic with suspicion.
  "That would be best."  Was the human's only response before he began to continue towards the Azure Eyes again.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 05-16-2017

(05-16-2017, 03:05 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:
(05-15-2017, 06:51 PM)achroma Wrote: Feizel walks out of an alleyway and sees the guard. Taking his chances, he bumps into the guard, "accidentally" dropping a large sack of runed stones to the ground, scattering them across the snowy earth.

They had actually stopped once addressed by the guard, though the happening drew Azureis' eyes to feizel as she pulled out a small card, remembering she had it as she tossed it onto the ground like garbage.  Her brother had given it to her a few days before.  The guard meanwhile nearly tripped as one of the stones rolled beneath their foot as they'd been walking and rolled about making their foot slide out forwards before catching themself.  Staring at the kineptic with suspicion.
  "That would be best."  Was the human's only response before he began to continue towards the Azure Eyes again.
After picking up the lot of the stones, he dusts himself off and moves backwards to observe the encounter, Pondering I should probably help, but why should I? They haven't done me any good and, them getting taken into custody would be benifical to me in the long run. but if I do want to help, at what cost will it come...
He watches the card flutter to the ground

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 05-19-2017

(05-16-2017, 10:48 AM)achroma Wrote:
(05-16-2017, 03:05 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:
After picking up the lot of the stones, he dusts himself off and moves backwards to observe the encounter,  Pondering I should probably help, but why should I? They haven't done me any good and, them getting taken into custody would be benifical to me in the long run. but if I do want to help, at what cost will it come...
He watches the card flutter to the ground

(was hoping to have better than this, but I'm far too rusty for that.  So this will have to do.)

The card does not flutter, it falls to the ground like the thin polished white stone it is.  The guard stops, checking the body language of Azureis, though she was an avali making it difficult for him to get a read as his spine prickled.   He could be missing something.  Though he could see that Azureis only had one arm currently.  One sleeve of her robe hanging down at the limp bud where a shoulder is supposed to be met by the arm.  "...  I'm, turning myself in, but, brother is hurt pretty badly, taking him to the doctor.   Won't wake up...  I am not carrying any weapons."  "Yeah, but the big cat over there has caused enough problems, she's dangerous enough."  He maintained some distance, as he motioned for civilians that it was probably better to clear out.  Though Feizel being behind the guard was in his blind spot anyways.   "I have to get him to the hospital though.  I..  I promise to turn myself in just let me.."  "..  I am sorry ma'am, but I'm gonna have to accompany you in cuffs if that's the case."  Several other guards arrived on scene on foot, probably got dropped off closer. 

"That's, fine I- you're awake!?  Uhh."  Azurei had sat up on Sandrise back.  The guards stepping back further as the newer arrivals lifted up some sort of stun dart equipment just in case.  Sandrise suddenly dumped Azurei off her back like a startled horse before ducking quickly away from him.  He landed on his hind-quarters as he'd been sitting before.  His eyes were closed and he looked rather stiff.  There was a cracking sound, like some sort of stone crushing into another as he pushed himself up.  "Uhh, are you okay, need to take you to hos-?"  "..  Perfectly, I'm not going anywhere."  His expression was blank, unreadable even by his own sibling.  "You don't look ok-"  "I'm fine!  It finally doesn't hurt anymore.  I can't feel anything..."  Looking to his sister as he finally opened his eyes, blood ran down his face at an empty left eye socket before it filled quickly with a familiar purple crystal.  Shards pushed through his skin where visible, glowing softly beneath his plumage where it did not simply push through.  A virulent energy pulsed through the ground beneath him.  "That's...  Not more of th."  "Run."  It was a whisper, it didn't even come from his lungs, instead coming from the crystals as they resonated for a moment across his body.  Azureis eyes quickly blazed up blue and she stepped backwards, but it was already too late.  "Nnooo!-uhnghhk.."  Her body was suspended into the air by the shard that had pierced up through the ground, limp minus a couple twitches as it had pierced out the top of her skull with an uncomfortably loud crack.  Eyes half open due to the forced erect state of her body before it receded wish a splash of cold blood.  She landed hard, and didn't move as her body simply tumbled over forwards before a soft flash marked her death, leaving a small blue gem laying where she had been, with a marked trail of blood. 

Sandrise charged as the guards fired their stun darts at Azurei.  The closer one  pulling back quickly as he called in in a panic.  She used the small moment of distraction to pick up Azureis' gem and dart off before any say-so whatsoever.  The two guards also ducked back, hoping to find something, a corner, a dumpster, anything as cover as they flicked on their hard-light shield kit. which barely managed to protect them as shards that struck through the ground at them shattered on the shields at the last moment.  The stun darts had done little to...  It, as the crystals seemed to just void the electrical current entirely.  Tears flooded from the remaining eye in a partial flood, mixing with the blood from the other socket.