Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - AustinLB90 - 06-04-2017

(06-04-2017, 11:28 AM)achroma Wrote:
(06-03-2017, 08:11 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote: *Austin stares at you for a second*
"Okay..."

*Austin walks up to help as he walks up you can see he has a sheathed sword. the hilt and the sheath are unremarkable though*
"So what do you need?" *Austin hasn't made notice of the fact the avali he is helping is stone*
The area appears to be a small library with a few roll desks scattered about, and in the Center is a gray stone tablet, with similar writings to the card. Around it black stone obelisks with shimmering orange runes dancing about. They are stationed on the points of a compas rose, one which seems to be knocked over. And on a near by desk, lies a dusty bound book with a jagged S on the cover, next to a candle which wick burn a lime shade of green "when I was snooping about, I knocked on of these over. It was too heavy to lift"
"Are you sure you want to lift the black stone something back up? It looks like it's a part of some creepy ritual circle. There's even a creepy book to go along." *Austin moves around the center and tries to read the stone tablet* "yeah I don't trust this place"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 06-04-2017

(06-04-2017, 07:21 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote:
(06-04-2017, 11:28 AM)achroma Wrote: The area appears to be a small library with a few roll desks scattered about, and in the Center is a gray stone tablet, with similar writings to the card. Around it black stone obelisks with shimmering orange runes dancing about. They are stationed on the points of a compas rose, one which seems to be knocked over. And on a near by desk, lies a dusty bound book with a jagged S on the cover, next to a candle which wick burn a lime shade of green "when I was snooping about, I knocked on of these over. It was too heavy to lift"
"Are you sure you want to lift the black stone something back up? It looks like it's a part of some creepy ritual circle. There's even a creepy book to go along." *Austin moves around the center and tries to read the stone tablet* "yeah I don't trust this place"

"I'm certain. I knocked it over accidentally on my way in. If it were bad, I would probably be dead" the candle begins to let off small black puffs of smoke, as it's colour fades from green to vibrant shade of orange and the runes on the obelisks begin to fade. "So are you going to help me or not? This stone won't lift itself..."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - AustinLB90 - 06-05-2017

(06-04-2017, 10:01 PM)achroma Wrote:
(06-04-2017, 07:21 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote: "Are you sure you want to lift the black stone something back up? It looks like it's a part of some creepy ritual circle. There's even a creepy book to go along." *Austin moves around the center and tries to read the stone tablet* "yeah I don't trust this place"

"I'm certain. I knocked it over accidentally on my way in. If it were bad, I would probably be dead" the candle begins to let off small black puffs of smoke, as it's colour fades from green to vibrant shade of orange and the runes on the obelisks begin to fade. "So are you going to help me or not? This stone won't lift itself..."

"Oh I'll help you, I'm not in a place to say no, and you seem pretty confident"*the rest is mumbled*"but I don't think this is a good idea and I know messing up ritual things is only bad if a ritual is in progress""

*Austin moves over to the knocked over obelisk and begins to lift it up though he might need the other person to help him get it all the way up though you can't tell if he's faking this or not*

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 06-07-2017

(06-04-2017, 01:14 AM)achroma Wrote: "Just a bit close-" Feizel is torn from the ground and flung backwards, hitting the ground with a sickly thud, lying dazed. He tries to stand but falls to his knees and has a coughing fit and pauses breifly to talk. "We need to go. NOW!" The coughing continues, and just lays on the ground surrounded by the spines, waiting.

The golem just stares at feizel as it crawled next to him and just sat there.  On the bright side, nobody could see them no matter how hard they tried even with magic now.  As all vision was distorted in the "bone pile".  And so, other than some yelling there was little the guard's could do.  They had already attempted speaking to the entity while trying to get feizel out, but there had been no response whatsoever.  Amidst the bones, things seemed eerily quiet aside from the slightly hypnotic humming from the crystals.  They seemed to physically draw one nearer.  Made you feel, safe, the closer they were.  But it was not forceful in this allowing one to easily draw themself away or focus elsewhere.  The crystal golem was soundless, appearing unable to speak entirely.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 06-08-2017

(06-05-2017, 03:28 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote:
(06-04-2017, 10:01 PM)achroma Wrote: "I'm certain. I knocked it over accidentally on my way in. If it were bad, I would probably be dead" the candle begins to let off small black puffs of smoke, as it's colour fades from green to vibrant shade of orange and the runes on the obelisks begin to fade. "So are you going to help me or not? This stone won't lift itself..."

"Oh I'll help you, I'm not in a place to say no, and you seem pretty confident"*the rest is mumbled*"but I don't think this is a good idea and I know messing up ritual things is only bad if a ritual is in progress""

*Austin moves over to the knocked over obelisk and begins to lift it up though he might need the other person to help him get it all the way up though you can't tell if he's faking this or not*
"trust me, if I didn't know what I was doing, I wouldn't be in this room..."
He attempts to lift it back into place and succeeds with austins help. But something seems to be off still. The runes on the obelisks completely fade and the candle on the desk fades from orange to a vibrant red. "How come all of the runes faded? Why come it's not restor-"
A vortex of swirling sand opens up on the stage, heating up the theater. The stone avali proceeds to hide, and whould probably be a good idea for Austin to do the same.

(06-07-2017, 09:05 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:
(06-04-2017, 01:14 AM)achroma Wrote: "Just a bit close-" Feizel is torn from the ground and flung backwards, hitting the ground with a sickly thud, lying dazed. He tries to stand but falls to his knees and has a coughing fit and pauses breifly to talk. "We need to go. NOW!" The coughing continues, and just lays on the ground surrounded by the spines, waiting.

The golem just stares at feizel as it crawled next to him and just sat there.  On the bright side, nobody could see them no matter how hard they tried even with magic now.  As all vision was distorted in the "bone pile".  And so, other than some yelling there was little the guard's could do.  They had already attempted speaking to the entity while trying to get feizel out, but there had been no response whatsoever.  Amidst the bones, things seemed eerily quiet aside from the slightly hypnotic humming from the crystals.  They seemed to physically draw one nearer.  Made you feel, safe, the closer they were.  But it was not forceful in this allowing one to easily draw themself away or focus elsewhere.  The crystal golem was soundless, appearing unable to speak entirely.
Feizel lies on the ground for a bit longer, listening to the hum of the shards before raising himself to his feet, much more relaxed. "Well, at lest they can't shoot at us for now. I'll take you somewhere safe, you just need to trust me ok? Once we get somewhere, safe we can work some things out." Feizel concentrates for a few moments, mumbling under his breath before a swirling vortex of sand appears on the grassy surface. "After you, my crystalline friend."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - AustinLB90 - 06-08-2017

(06-08-2017, 01:14 AM)achroma Wrote:
(06-05-2017, 03:28 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote: "Oh I'll help you, I'm not in a place to say no, and you seem pretty confident"*the rest is mumbled*"but I don't think this is a good idea and I know messing up ritual things is only bad if a ritual is in progress""

"trust me, if I didn't know what I was doing, I wouldn't be in this room..."
He attempts to lift it back into place and succeeds with austins help. But something seems to be off still. The runes on the obelisks completely fade and the candle on the desk fades from orange to a vibrant red. "How come all of the runes faded? Why come it's not restor-"
A vortex of swirling sand opens up on the stage, heating up the theater. The stone avali proceeds to hide, and whould probably be a good idea for Austin to do the same.

(06-07-2017, 09:05 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: Snip
Snip
*Austin does go and hide and he hides somewhere in the small library. His spot this time is better than before it's not perfect bits of Austin still poke out from the hiding spot but in a way that isn't super noticeable unless you were looking for him or something* 
*while hiding he puts his hand on the hilt of his sword just in case he needs it*

//out of curiosity what would've happened if say I pushed over the obelisk again while this happened? I'm not going to but I expect it would be something bad if I did.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 06-11-2017

(06-08-2017, 01:14 AM)achroma Wrote:
(06-07-2017, 09:05 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: The golem just stares at feizel as it crawled next to him and just sat there.  On the bright side, nobody could see them no matter how hard they tried even with magic now.  As all vision was distorted in the "bone pile".  And so, other than some yelling there was little the guard's could do.  They had already attempted speaking to the entity while trying to get feizel out, but there had been no response whatsoever.  Amidst the bones, things seemed eerily quiet aside from the slightly hypnotic humming from the crystals.  They seemed to physically draw one nearer.  Made you feel, safe, the closer they were.  But it was not forceful in this allowing one to easily draw themself away or focus elsewhere.  The crystal golem was soundless, appearing unable to speak entirely.
Feizel lies on the ground for a bit longer, listening to the hum of the shards before raising himself to his feet, much more relaxed. "Well, at lest they can't shoot at us for now. I'll take you somewhere safe, you just need to trust me ok? Once we get somewhere, safe we can work some things out." Feizel concentrates for a few moments, mumbling under his breath before a swirling vortex of sand appears on the grassy surface. "After you, my crystalline friend."  

The golem stayed where it was for a moment, staring rather confusedly at it, looking between the twisting sands and the kineptic a few times before eventually stepping inside.  the moment it stepped into the spiraling sands the shards across the area disappeared.  As a flush of purple dust floated up in the air, alight with an odd energy before air rushed about, leaving the area destroyed while looking like it had at the same time been this way for a long time.  If feizel hadn't entered before the dust faded in the winds he'd have been visible standing alone next to the vortex.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 06-11-2017

(06-11-2017, 04:41 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:
(06-08-2017, 01:14 AM)achroma Wrote: Feizel lies on the ground for a bit longer, listening to the hum of the shards before raising himself to his feet, much more relaxed. "Well, at lest they can't shoot at us for now. I'll take you somewhere safe, you just need to trust me ok? Once we get somewhere, safe we can work some things out." Feizel concentrates for a few moments, mumbling under his breath before a swirling vortex of sand appears on the grassy surface. "After you, my crystalline friend."  

The golem stayed where it was for a moment, staring rather confusedly at it, looking between the twisting sands and the kineptic a few times before eventually stepping inside.  the moment it stepped into the spiraling sands the shards across the area disappeared.  As a flush of purple dust floated up in the air, alight with an odd energy before air rushed about, leaving the area destroyed while looking like it had at the same time been this way for a long time.  If feizel hadn't entered before the dust faded in the winds he'd have been visible standing alone next to the vortex.
Feizel quickly dives though the sandy vortex, being visable for a split second after the dust gets whisked away. They would emerge in a theater covered in sand. Fizel quickly dusts the sand out of his fur.
"Welcome to my not so humble abode, now let's get to business shall we?"
He sifts through a table and hands The construct a clipboard with paper and a pencil and sits down on the table.
"You ask a question and I'll anwser."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 06-11-2017

(06-08-2017, 06:14 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote:
(06-08-2017, 01:14 AM)achroma Wrote: "trust me, if I didn't know what I was doing, I wouldn't be in this room..."

Snip
*Austin does go and hide and he hides somewhere in the small library. His spot this time is better than before it's not perfect bits of Austin still poke out from the hiding spot but in a way that isn't super noticeable unless you were looking for him or something* 
*while hiding he puts his hand on the hilt of his sword just in case he needs it*

//out of curiosity what would've happened if say I pushed over the obelisk again while this happened? I'm not going to but I expect it would be something bad if I did.
*writer hides under one of the desks, glancing at Austin and whispers.
"Don't Make A Sound, or we might end up in Jail..."
The candle turns from red to black, sending up large puffs of black acrid smoke. The obelisks begin to crack with a dull chinking, something is about to give way...

//nothing would have happend, besides a few dollars of damage to flooring

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - AustinLB90 - 06-11-2017

(06-11-2017, 04:50 PM)achroma Wrote:
(06-08-2017, 06:14 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote: *Austin does go and hide and he hides somewhere in the small library. His spot this time is better than before it's not perfect bits of Austin still poke out from the hiding spot but in a way that isn't super noticeable unless you were looking for him or something* 

*writer hides under one of the desks, glancing at Austin and whispers.
The candle turns from red to black, sending up large puffs of black acrid smoke. The obelisks begin to crack with a dull chinking, something is about to give way...

*Austin gives a thumbs up not willing to risk even a whisper*

*with his hand firmly grasping his sword hilt carefully watching the obelisks in fear that they may some how reveal them or worse*

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 06-14-2017

(06-11-2017, 02:46 PM)achroma Wrote:
(06-11-2017, 04:41 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: The golem stayed where it was for a moment, staring rather confusedly at it, looking between the twisting sands and the kineptic a few times before eventually stepping inside.  the moment it stepped into the spiraling sands the shards across the area disappeared.  As a flush of purple dust floated up in the air, alight with an odd energy before air rushed about, leaving the area destroyed while looking like it had at the same time been this way for a long time.  If feizel hadn't entered before the dust faded in the winds he'd have been visible standing alone next to the vortex.
Feizel quickly dives though the sandy vortex, being visable for a split second after the dust gets whisked away. They would emerge in a theater covered in sand. Fizel quickly dusts the sand out of his fur.
He sifts through a table and hands The construct a clipboard with paper and a pencil and sits down on the table.

The construct drops the pencil uselessly as it turns the  clipboard towards itself, writing with one finger upon the paper before flipping it..  What is written down is a single rune, burned through the paper right onto the clipboard itself.  After holding it like this for a few moments, they pulled the clipboard back, and the paper was left suspended in the air as the runes faded from the clipboard itself.  It appears to only be a simple "Min" rune, but the relief calligraphy is impossibly perfect. It carries a subtle purple glow to the edges of the runic burn.  Without a closer look it seems to be useless and impossible to understand however.  They drop the clipboard to the floor, pointing at the suspended sheet before standing there, just waiting.

//So, now the real questions. How many runic dialects does feizel know?

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 06-16-2017

(06-14-2017, 05:50 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:
(06-11-2017, 02:46 PM)achroma Wrote: Feizel quickly dives though the sandy vortex, being visable for a split second after the dust gets whisked away. They would emerge in a theater covered in sand. Fizel quickly dusts the sand out of his fur.

The construct drops the pencil uselessly as it turns the  clipboard towards itself, writing with one finger upon the paper before flipping it..  What is written down is a single rune, burned through the paper right onto the clipboard itself.  After holding it like this for a few moments, they pulled the clipboard back, and the paper was left suspended in the air as the runes faded from the clipboard itself.  It appears to only be a simple "Min" rune, but the relief calligraphy is impossibly perfect. It carries a subtle purple glow to the edges of the runic burn.  Without a closer look it seems to be useless and impossible to understand however.  They drop the clipboard to the floor, pointing at the suspended sheet before standing there, just waiting.

//So, now the real questions. How many runic dialects does feizel know?

feizel stares blankly at the rune for a short period of time "That's a start... lemme get a runic encylopidia real quick so we can communicate a bit more efficiently. He heads into the library, not noticing Austin or the stone avali, and takes a pile of books back to the golem. "Let's see..."
He begins to flip though the pages trying to find the corresponding rune

//draconic, Celtic and few more of the common ones. if he doesn't know, it's probably in a book

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 06-16-2017

(06-11-2017, 05:37 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote:
(06-11-2017, 04:50 PM)achroma Wrote: *writer hides under one of the desks, glancing at Austin and whispers.

*Austin gives a thumbs up not willing to risk even a whisper*

*with his hand firmly grasping his sword hilt carefully watching the obelisks in fear that they may some how reveal them or worse*
Writer begins to tremble as Feizel walks past for fear of being caught, but ceases as he walks away. The candle goes out, which probably doesn't mean anything good is going to happen. The tablet splits into two halves and a pitch black viscous Ooze begins to leak out from the two halves of the stone. Meanwhile the pages on the book begin to slowly flip.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 06-17-2017

(06-16-2017, 07:55 PM)achroma Wrote:
(06-14-2017, 05:50 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: The construct drops the pencil uselessly as it turns the  clipboard towards itself, writing with one finger upon the paper before flipping it..  What is written down is a single rune, burned through the paper right onto the clipboard itself.  After holding it like this for a few moments, they pulled the clipboard back, and the paper was left suspended in the air as the runes faded from the clipboard itself.  It appears to only be a simple "Min" rune, but the relief calligraphy is impossibly perfect.  It carries a subtle purple glow to the edges of the runic burn.  Without a closer look it seems to be useless and impossible to understand however.  They drop the clipboard to the floor, pointing at the suspended sheet before standing there, just waiting.

//So, now the real questions.  How many runic dialects does feizel know?

feizel stares blankly at the rune for a short period of time "That's a start... lemme get a runic encylopidia real quick so we can communicate a bit more efficiently. He heads into the library, not noticing Austin or the stone avali, and takes a pile of books back to the golem. "Let's see..."

//draconic, Celtic and few more of the  common ones. if he doesn't know, it's probably in a book

///Makes sense.

It would be a bit easier to find than one would think, even if it still took a bit of time.  The "Min" Pseudomeric 'rune'...  Well, that wasn't a word in common English,  pseudomeric, probably something lost in translation.  Though it was described as a "false rune commonly used to throw off even the most well versed in this line of research".  "Requiring direct knowledge on it as with the many other false runes in order to see it for what it was".  "A simple decoy to distract from the actual runes likely written elsewhere or within it."  "Though each false rune is based upon a real rune, with Min being based around the idea of runes referring to the mind.  Note:  The original language's phrase for mind does not translate well into common.  The similarity of "min" to the word mind is simply a coincidence."

The clipboard that had been discarded sparked alight with several different colours as the sheet of paper that had remained suspended burned away.  Ashes lending a dreary scent into the air as the rune now floated upon the air unassisted.  Now maintaining a shape altogether different from the false rune before as it matured to fruition from the radiant energy...  Work of a sort that Feizel had partly seen from Azurei.  lending a slight familiarity to it.  Words in many texts flashed through the air, as if written in the breath of some whispering vapor.  Before it settled on an old form text in common.  "Can you read this?"  The golem retrieved the clipboard, using it like some sort of runic control panel.  It was clear by how it used it's hands that the use of a pencil was an impossibility now.  So the use of magic to converse through text may not have been so fancy as it seemed.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - AustinLB90 - 06-18-2017

(06-16-2017, 09:49 PM)achroma Wrote:
(06-11-2017, 05:37 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote: *Austin gives a thumbs up not willing to risk even a whisper*

Writer begins to tremble as Feizel walks past for fear of being caught, but ceases as he walks away. The candle goes out, which probably doesn't mean anything good is going to happen. The tablet splits into two halves and a pitch black  viscous Ooze begins to leak out from the two halves of the stone. Meanwhile the pages on the book begin to slowly flip.
*Austin also gets shaken up a bit as Feizel passes, and then proceeds to look at the stone in horror whatever is happening it doesn't seem good*

*Austin whispers* "he can see what the stone is doing right?"

*Austin's countenance is showing great worry as he ask this question*

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 06-18-2017

(06-18-2017, 12:25 AM)AustinLB90 Wrote:
(06-16-2017, 09:49 PM)achroma Wrote: Writer begins to tremble as Feizel walks past for fear of being caught, but ceases as he walks away. The candle goes out, which probably doesn't mean anything good is going to happen. The tablet splits into two halves and a pitch black  viscous Ooze begins to leak out from the two halves of the stone. Meanwhile the pages on the book begin to slowly flip.
*Austin also gets shaken up a bit as Feizel passes, and then proceeds to look at the stone in horror whatever is happening it doesn't seem good*

The avali nods clearly shaken by the events transpiring. The tablet stops leaking and the Ooze slinks off into the shadows, sliding it's way towards the book. Writer whispers "where done for... on the count of three we run for it"

(06-17-2017, 11:44 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:
(06-16-2017, 07:55 PM)achroma Wrote: feizel stares blankly at the rune for a short period of time "That's a start... lemme get a runic encylopidia real quick so we can communicate a bit more efficiently. He heads into the library, not noticing Austin or the stone avali, and takes a pile of books back to the golem. "Let's see..."

//draconic, Celtic and few more of the  common ones. if he doesn't know, it's probably in a book

///Makes sense.

It would be a bit easier to find than one would think, even if it still took a bit of time.  The "Min" Pseudomeric 'rune'...  Well, that wasn't a word in common English,  pseudomeric, probably something lost in translation.  Though it was described as a "false rune commonly used to throw off even the most well versed in this line of research".  "Requiring direct knowledge on it as with the many other false runes in order to see it for what it was".  "A simple decoy to distract from the actual runes likely written elsewhere or within it."  "Though each false rune is based upon a real rune, with Min being based around the idea of runes referring to the mind.  Note:  The original language's phrase for mind does not translate well into common.  The similarity of "min" to the word mind is simply a coincidence."

The clipboard that had been discarded sparked alight with several different colours as the sheet of paper that had remained suspended burned away.  Ashes lending a dreary scent into the air as the rune now floated upon the air unassisted.  Now maintaining a shape altogether different from the false rune before as it matured to fruition from the radiant energy...  Work of a sort that Feizel had partly seen from Azurei.  lending a slight familiarity to it.  Words in many texts flashed through the air, as if written in the breath of some whispering vapor.  Before it settled on an old form text in common.  "Can you read this?"  The golem retrieved the clipboard, using it like some sort of runic control panel.  It was clear by how it used it's hands that the use of a pencil was an impossibility now.  So the use of magic to converse through text may not have been so fancy as it seemed.
Feizel stares excitedly at the text, and closes the book, tossing it off the table. "Proper communication at last! Also, I give credit where credit is due, and that my friend is A job well done with translation. What do you want to know first? Some heavy stuff went down in the allyeway..."
Feizel bends down to pick up and stow the fallen boom on a adjacent shelf.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 06-18-2017

(06-18-2017, 06:30 PM)achroma Wrote:
(06-17-2017, 11:44 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: ///Makes sense.

Feizel stares excitedly at the text, and closes the book, tossing it off the table. "Proper communication at last! Also, I give credit where credit is due, and that my friend is A job well done with translation.  What do you want to know first? Some heavy stuff went down in the allyeway..."

Who are you?  The vaporous text changed.  And then again. Pain...  The simplicity in writing dictated an unfamiliarity, despite avid knowledge on such things.  Leading to a strong feeling of dissonance from the figure.

(06-18-2017, 09:02 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:
(06-18-2017, 06:30 PM)achroma Wrote: Feizel stares excitedly at the text, and closes the book, tossing it off the table. "Proper communication at last! Also, I give credit where credit is due, and that my friend is A job well done with translation.  What do you want to know first? Some heavy stuff went down in the allyeway..."

Who are you?  The vaporous text changed.  And then again. Pain...  The simplicity in writing dictated an unfamiliarity, despite avid knowledge on such things.  Leading to a strong feeling of dissonance from the figure.

Feizel frowns. "I'm Feizel, we have met before... I know you probally are in lots of pain, but I'm here to help. What do you remember, or what you dont."
Feizel study's the golems structure, looking for the death shard

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - AustinLB90 - 06-19-2017

(06-18-2017, 04:46 PM)achroma Wrote:
(06-18-2017, 12:25 AM)AustinLB90 Wrote: *Austin also gets shaken up a bit as Feizel passes, and then proceeds to look at the stone in horror whatever is happening it doesn't seem good*

The avali nods clearly shaken by the events transpiring. The tablet stops leaking and the Ooze slinks off into the shadows, sliding it's way towards the book. Writer whispers "where done for... on the count of three we run for it"
*Austin looks no better than before*
"Are you sure this is a good idea? What if we're too early or too late when we run? I don't want to be arrested or worse, but I'm ready and I can use my sword to slow people down, wound them but not badly, If I have to."