Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 09-30-2017

(09-28-2017, 02:12 PM)achroma Wrote: "don't panic Austin, I have a plan!" Feizel begins to sprint towards the golem with a book, tripping on a shard of crystal, shredding the book and quite a bit of Feizel in the process. Feizel staggers up, bits of blood and crystal matting his fur.
"Better than dealing with Cebron..." Feizel saunters over to the golem and throws a weak punch at it

The punch impacts it...  With no effect whatsoever as it ignores Feizel.  The crystals matting his fur appearing to move and grow as they pressed into the smallest of wounds that still bled, though they did not cause further bleeding yet, it probably stung something fierce.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - AustinLB90 - 10-01-2017

(09-30-2017, 01:50 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:
(09-28-2017, 02:12 PM)achroma Wrote: "don't panic Austin, I have a plan!" Feizel begins to sprint towards the golem with a book, tripping on a shard of crystal, shredding the book and quite a bit of Feizel in the process. Feizel staggers up, bits of blood and crystal matting his fur.
"Better than dealing with Cebron..." Feizel saunters over to the golem and throws a weak punch at it

The punch impacts it...  With no effect whatsoever as it ignores Feizel.  The crystals matting his fur appearing to move and grow as they pressed into the smallest of wounds that still bled, though they did not cause further bleeding yet, it probably stung something fierce.
After a couple of whimpers Austin closes his eyes and braces himself, hoping that maybe a miracle happens

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 10-02-2017

Danu is at a loss as well. She knows she's not supposed to intervene any more than absolutely necessary, and in her current condition she might not have enough left in her for a second intervention so quickly after the first.

But the crystals seemed to be slowly taking over Austin with no obvious solution in sight, and nobody knew why. The golem had appeared to be benign and even helpful until this happened. Could it be Cebron escaped the seal already and occupied the nearest valid target?

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 10-03-2017

Feizel winces from the shards, clearly today isn't a good day for him. He runs over to Austin and attempts to pull him out from his growing crystal coffin. "Danu! Help me get Austin!"

Sol sits in his office in goldfield, looking at the broadsheets. Something along the lines of train cargo vanishing, locks having no sights of tampering. Apparently they had attacked when a "phantom train" appeared on the rails. Nothing's gone violent yet but hostages have been taken. Sol begins to investigate the robberies, taking the locations to the wall and looking into the missing persons.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 10-03-2017

(10-03-2017, 11:05 AM)achroma Wrote: Feizel winces from the shards, clearly today isn't a good day for him. He runs over to Austin and attempts to pull him out from his growing crystal coffin. "Danu! Help me get Austin!"

The crystals struggle against your pull even alone, as they have not thickened in order to gain any real strength to their bulk yet.  But they do not give out alone as you can hear them straining over Austin's legs.  The "golem" their-self however steps closer and shoves at you, attempting to remove your grip or knock you down. the tiny fragments across feizel's skin begin to burrow into the wounds using the suctioning flow of blood.  As the temporarily halted bloodflow from the tiny cuts once more continues with a sickly cold feeling.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - AustinLB90 - 10-04-2017

(10-03-2017, 09:25 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:
(10-03-2017, 11:05 AM)achroma Wrote: Feizel winces from the shards, clearly today isn't a good day for him. He runs over to Austin and attempts to pull him out from his growing crystal coffin. "Danu! Help me get Austin!"

The crystals struggle against your pull even alone, as they have not thickened in order to gain any real strength to their bulk yet.  But they do not give out alone as you can hear them straining over Austin's legs.  The "golem" their-self however steps closer and shoves at you, attempting to remove your grip or knock you down.  the tiny fragments across feizel's skin begin to burrow into the wounds using the suctioning flow of blood.  As the temporarily halted bloodflow from the tiny cuts once more continues with a sickly cold feeling.
Austin trues help by pushing with his legs, though mostly in vain due to his injuries
in a quiet whimpery voice "please help me, i cant get out of this on my own, i cant even do magic or something to defend myself" Austin seems to have given up realizing his situation

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 10-04-2017

(10-03-2017, 09:25 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:

The crystals struggle against your pull even alone, as they have not thickened in order to gain any real strength to their bulk yet.  But they do not give out alone as you can hear them straining over Austin's legs.  The "golem" their-self however steps closer and shoves at you, attempting to remove your grip or knock you down. the tiny fragments across feizel's skin begin to burrow into the wounds using the suctioning flow of blood.  As the temporarily halted bloodflow from the tiny cuts once more continues with a sickly cold feeling.
"I'll get you Austin, don't worry..." Feizels grip slips off Austin and he hits the ground with a thump, fallowed by a sickly groan. He furiously picks at the wounds trying to pull out the shards, whilst furiously shiviering. He shoots a panicked glance at danu, desperately needing help. "I'm sorry Austin..."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 10-05-2017

//Okay, so how do we save Austin here. Seems like everyone is scrambling for answers and at a loss for what needs to be done.

//I don't want Danu to provide a deus ex all the time, doing so makes her too OP for my liking. Once and a while she can work some ancient secrets to get out of a jam, but that already happened in this scene.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - AustinLB90 - 10-05-2017

//who said you had to save me. Failure is always an option. We can learn from this too.

//anyways on my end i got nothing. I probably should've done something to make austin more formidable. I mean weapon wise he has a sword, (swords are not going to save him here, they are for cutting and certainly wont cut the golem) but to be fair he wasn't aware he was going to get caught up in this, the only reason he has the sword is because he's overprotective of his magical weapon. So i dont have anything and after this if Austin survives he will certainly realize that too, nobody in a situation like that wouldn't.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 10-05-2017

//But, there's plenty of ways to save everyone.  Just be creative.  Work together and take advantage of anything i've written that you can.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 10-06-2017

//Danu hasn't touched the crystals other than that little poke initially to see what kind of crystals they were because she thinks they might spread onto her body as well, although maybe they won't. But her being immune to them seems cheaty to me, that's why she is avoiding touching them again. Luck doesn't always work more than once.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - AustinLB90 - 10-06-2017

*Austin finally decinding he doesn't wanna die, using the last of his strength, pulls out his sword and hopes maybe hitting the crystal around him will free him. If not he'll try punching it won't work but its all he has*

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 10-07-2017

(10-06-2017, 06:28 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote: *Austin finally decinding he doesn't wanna die, using the last of his strength, pulls out his sword and hopes maybe hitting the crystal around him will free him. If not he'll try punching it won't work but its all he has*

The crystal sheathe that is reaching to cover austin scracks across it's length with the impact, as the blade bites in a good few millimeters.  Enough to be noticeable, though it quickly seals through the cracks as it starts just flatly  attempting to grow around the blade.  Even with a weak strike due to his position it was enough to crack the still thin material, even if it regrew and replenished rapidly.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 10-11-2017

(10-07-2017, 10:18 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:
(10-06-2017, 06:28 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote: *Austin finally decinding he doesn't wanna die, using the last of his strength, pulls out his sword and hopes maybe hitting the crystal around him will free him. If not he'll try punching it won't work but its all he has*

The crystal sheathe that is reaching to cover austin scracks across it's length with the impact, as the blade bites in a good few millimeters.  Enough to be noticeable, though it quickly seals through the cracks as it starts just flatly  attempting to grow around the blade.  Even with a weak strike due to his position it was enough to crack the still thin material, even if it regrew and replenished rapidly.

Feizel begins to bash at the crystals, vainly trying to free Austin from his delema. He proceeded to shoot danu a glare of pure malace for reasons unknown.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 10-11-2017

(10-11-2017, 03:01 AM)achroma Wrote:
(10-07-2017, 10:18 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:      The crystal sheathe that is reaching to cover austin scracks across it's length with the impact, as the blade bites in a good few millimeters.  Enough to be noticeable, though it quickly seals through the cracks as it starts just flatly  attempting to grow around the blade.  Even with a weak strike due to his position it was enough to crack the still thin material, even if it regrew and replenished rapidly.

Feizel begins to bash at the crystals, vainly trying to free Austin from his delema. He proceeded to shoot danu a glare of pure malace for reasons unknown.

"I don't have a miracle fix for this if that's what that dirty look was for. Not knowing what exactly we are dealing with, we need to proceed carefully or we'll all end up covered in these crystals and subject to whatever fate is in store for us."

Danu pauses, having a thought all of a sudden. She picks up an empty cup from the workbench, and fills it with water. On a hunch this is poured over Austin's arm, just on the off chance it actually does something. Though she had turned tap water into holy water, it probably would do nothing at all to the crystals engulfing Austin.

"Maybe?"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - AustinLB90 - 10-11-2017

Austin looks at danu after she poured water on him and whispers
"Just smash it please"
Austin gets back to waiting having lost most of his energy through being wounded and trying to smash the crystal

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 10-13-2017

(10-11-2017, 06:59 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote: Austin looks at danu after she poured water on him and whispers
"Just smash it please"
Austin gets back to waiting having lost most of his energy through being wounded and trying to smash the crystal

There is no notable effect from the water, though Feizel bashing it has essentially halted it's progress, the crystal again isn't exactly a soft thing, liable to cut someone as it doesn't play nice.  But the golem begins attempting to struggle against Feizel to keep him away now.

By now the pain in Austin's injured foot would have numbed, however now further up his leg, it slowly began to burn on the inside.  (burning pain, not fire)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - AustinLB90 - 10-14-2017

(10-13-2017, 02:31 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:
(10-11-2017, 06:59 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote: Austin looks at danu after she poured water on him and whispers
"Just smash it please"

There is no notable effect from the water, though Feizel bashing it has essentially halted it's progress, the crystal again isn't exactly a soft thing, liable to cut someone as it doesn't play nice.  But the golem begins attempting to struggle against Feizel to keep him away now.

By now the pain in Austin's injured foot would have numbed, however now further up his leg, it slowly began to burn on the inside.  (burning pain, not fire)
Austin winces, he knows something bad is happening to his foot and against better judgement he tries to move it so he can see whats going on with it

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 10-16-2017

(10-14-2017, 07:08 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote:
(10-13-2017, 02:31 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: There is no notable effect from the water, though Feizel bashing it has essentially halted it's progress, the crystal again isn't exactly a soft thing, liable to cut someone as it doesn't play nice.  But the golem begins attempting to struggle against Feizel to keep him away now.

Austin winces, he knows something bad is happening to his foot and against better judgement he tries to move it so he can see whats going on with it

You can feel the tug from a few inches above your ankle, but it feels like it's weighed down by something.  Something that is stuck attached.  You can't feel your foot at all, just the pain where the feeling ends in your leg.  Your other leg is beginning to feel stressed by pressure as the crystal seems to have enclosed around it.  Tightening into a hefty grip.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 10-17-2017

//I'm at a loss for what to do. Danu doesn't want to touch him because if the crystal already infected Austin what stops it from spreading onto her and Feizel. And I still haven't picked up on any solid clues for how to make it go away. Dissolving it away with holy water was a flop as well.