Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 11-03-2017

(11-03-2017, 12:56 AM)Cereal Wrote:
(11-02-2017, 10:46 PM)achroma Wrote: "I know of a person who lives in a cabin on the mountains. He might be of service. But be warned, he is a bit... odd. Just out of curiosity, what plane of existence are you from?"

"K'aresh was my homeworld. As for plane of existence-- the Twisting Nether. The Great Dark. Whatever a mortal being may have called it back in a much more simplistic time. What do you mean by-- odd, however? And, perhaps you could be more precise with where he is. I do -intend- to be there rather shortly. Coordinates would help, yes."

The being lets out a groan as he grasps his chest, yet his fingers do not slip through the gaps between his cloth wrappings.

"Never heard of that place, I'll have to pay a visit one day or another. As for calling him odd... he's quite quirky and sometimes I question his sanity. But hey, not my problem." He writes the cordanates on a napkin and slides it over to the bring. "I suggest you hurry, you don't sound too well. Oh and what's your name?"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Cereal - 11-03-2017

(11-03-2017, 10:55 AM)achroma Wrote:
(11-03-2017, 12:56 AM)Cereal Wrote: "K'aresh was my homeworld. As for plane of existence-- the Twisting Nether. The Great Dark. Whatever a mortal being may have called it back in a much more simplistic time. What do you mean by-- odd, however? And, perhaps you could be more precise with where he is. I do -intend- to be there rather shortly. Coordinates would help, yes."

The being lets out a groan as he grasps his chest, yet his fingers do not slip through the gaps between his cloth wrappings.

"Never heard of that place, I'll have to pay a visit one day or another. As for calling him odd... he's quite quirky and sometimes I question his sanity. But hey, not my problem." He writes the cordanates on a napkin and slides it over to the bring. "I suggest you hurry, you don't sound too well. Oh and what's your name?"

The being merely removed it's hand from it's chest, grasping the napkin swiftly before peering at it.

"You can know me as the... Fence, for now. The Fence. But for now, act as if I was never here."

Within a moment the being began to incant in some otherworldly language, before vanishing. Time resumed as Clyde's voice rang out through the air.

"What are ya' doin' over there? Ditchin' me?"

Clyde merely chuckled afterward.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 11-06-2017

(11-03-2017, 12:26 PM)Cereal Wrote:
(11-03-2017, 10:55 AM)achroma Wrote: "Never heard of that place, I'll have to pay a visit one day or another. As for calling him odd... he's quite quirky and sometimes I question his sanity. But hey, not my problem." He writes the cordanates on a napkin and slides it over to the bring. "I suggest you hurry, you don't sound too well. Oh and what's your name?"

The being merely removed it's hand from it's chest, grasping the napkin swiftly before peering at it.

"You can know me as the... Fence, for now. The Fence. But for now, act as if I was never here."

Within a moment the being began to incant in some otherworldly language, before vanishing. Time resumed as Clyde's voice rang out through the air.

"No, I thought I was something, probably nothing. Also tell that bar tender I want another pint."

Meanwhile at the cabin
The cabin sits on top of a snowy mountain, with howling winds and bitting cold. The cabin looks recently used and a fire crackles in the fireplace. Strangely no one is visable.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Cereal - 11-06-2017

(11-06-2017, 11:53 AM)achroma Wrote:
(11-03-2017, 12:26 PM)Cereal Wrote: The being merely removed it's hand from it's chest, grasping the napkin swiftly before peering at it.

"No, I thought I was something, probably nothing. Also tell that bar tender I want another pint."

Meanwhile at the cabin
The cabin sits on top of a snowy mountain, with howling winds and bitting cold. The cabin looks recently used and a fire crackles in the fireplace. Strangely no one is visable.

"Heh. Drinkin' does that."

And so the endless cycle of alcohol began; and the most notable event in between was Clyde recollecting his hardest job; one that might have killed him if it didn't pan out as it had.

"---nearly crushed, really. Gotta--" He burps. "--admit those vent shafts are probably a bit smaller than I'd like."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 11-08-2017

(11-06-2017, 12:50 PM)Cereal Wrote:
(11-06-2017, 11:53 AM)achroma Wrote: "No, I thought I was something, probably nothing. Also tell that bar tender I want another pint."

Meanwhile at the cabin

"Heh. Drinkin' does that."

And so the endless cycle of alcohol began; and the most notable event in between was Clyde recollecting his hardest job; one that might have killed him if it didn't pan out as it had.

"---nearly crushed, really. Gotta--" He burps. "--admit those vent shafts are probably a bit smaller than I'd like."

"I once got into a tussle with that odd guard. Umbra or some weird name like that. Weirdest thing happend, Turned into a ghostly thing. Doesn't matter though, gone now. Always sad to see a lawman go. Another pint!"
*Sol is clearly drunk after a few pints*

meanwhile in the cabin
The response is rather overwhelming. Three living beings are in the basement and aclusterfluff of magic in the basement. The response seems aggressive

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 11-09-2017

//I'm still here, and I still have no idea what to do with Austin. Don't really want to let him die though because we might not have enough people to revive him.

//Should I just deus ex and be done with it? Danu does something that causes the crystal to crack and fall off?

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - AustinLB90 - 11-09-2017

//no i think achroma is doing something but i lost his response in the sea of him and cereal.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 11-09-2017

//check two or more pages back, the response is there

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Comito - 11-10-2017

//It takes three OOC to bring a dead character back to life, right? Do you need a third person?

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 11-10-2017

//  It doesn't matter how you respond anymore Odin.  As long as you do.  For currently, several things are happening.   And I doubt there's much Danu can do now anyways.  But why not merely write what you wish you could do.  If you are drawing a blank, you can write in detail about drawing a blank and anything that goes with it for you.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 11-10-2017

(11-02-2017, 08:12 PM)achroma Wrote:
(11-02-2017, 05:47 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote: Austin looks up at fiezel and panics seeing for a brief help might not be better than whats currently happening, but he has no time to analyze.
"Ahhh ahhh, yes, maybe? Fuck"
He doesn't know what to say.
Feizel attempts to thrust the knife into Austin chest. If he succeeds he will attempt to grab his death shard, otherwise Austin will not be slaughtered on the spot

"That is not what I would have wanted to have happen! Feizel have we really run that far out of possibilities, that a mercy kill is our only choice?"

Danu had spaced out trying to think of something, and abruptly came back to her senses on realizing that Feizel was going to kill Austin in order to get the golem to let go- by destroying Austin's body. She had been trying to come up with a way to resonate the fusion such that the crystal would crack and fall apart while Austin's soft flesh would be mostly okay, aside from a few broken bones.

"What are you planning if the golem absorbs his life crystal and we can't get it back? We'll lose him for good!"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - AustinLB90 - 11-11-2017

(11-10-2017, 10:52 PM)OdinYggd Wrote:
(11-02-2017, 08:12 PM)achroma Wrote: Feizel attempts to thrust the knife into Austin chest. If he succeeds he will attempt to grab his death shard, otherwise Austin will not be slaughtered on the spot

"That is not what I would have wanted to have happen! Feizel have we really run that far out of possibilities, that a mercy kill is our only choice?"

Danu had spaced out trying to think of something, and abruptly came back to her senses on realizing that Feizel was going to kill Austin in order to get the golem to let go- by destroying Austin's body. She had been trying to come up with a way to resonate the fusion such that the crystal would crack and fall apart while Austin's soft flesh would be mostly okay, aside from a few broken bones.

"What are you planning if the golem absorbs his life crystal and we can't get it back? We'll lose him for good!"
Austin stares at you two for awhile. Contemplating the situation as he cant do much else.

"Well if you do nothing he'll probably take it anyways"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 11-11-2017

(11-11-2017, 12:32 AM)AustinLB90 Wrote: Austin stares at you two for awhile. Contemplating the situation as he cant do much else.

"Then here goes."

Danu takes a deep breath and starts to sing the sorprano segment of an angellic choir as loud as she can bear. The remaining mist in the room is blown away, and glass objects start to shatter one after another as she works into the crescendo.

Its a thought, but maybe the crystal golem will also resonate and shatter, freeing Austin without hurting him.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 11-13-2017

(11-11-2017, 04:34 PM)OdinYggd Wrote:
(11-11-2017, 12:32 AM)AustinLB90 Wrote: Austin stares at you two for awhile. Contemplating the situation as he cant do much else.

"Then here goes."

Danu takes a deep breath and starts to sing the sorprano segment of an angellic choir as loud as she can bear. The remaining mist in the room is blown away, and glass objects start to shatter one after another as she works into the crescendo.

Its a thought, but maybe the crystal golem will also resonate and shatter, freeing Austin without hurting him.

The answer to the high pitch is a familiar resonance, one that, due to his position, surrounded Austin from every side.  So intense was the alluring sound as azure streaks of light flickered through the crystals, like a honey that seeped into your ears and inside your head the sound was.  As it swept up through the room, and as intense and loud as Danu's sound was, this one was twofold as intense, if quieter overall.  The sound filling Austin with an intense, seeming impossible pleasure as pain drained away, vision filling with naught but a blue unending light.  Even as everybody else would see nothing of the sort.  It was no illusion though, as it simply would overwhelm anybody. 

The sound stretched out like an aura increasing in intensity, attempting to lure Feizel to lay himself down as well even as the golem itself struggled to keep them from impaling Austin.  The more distant crystals crumbled though, amidst the deafening sounds, there was enough room now to pass across the bridge, though still the encasement around Austin held, thickening now as it became nigh impossible to break physically without killing Austin anyways.  The distant crystals had shown a violent reaction to the sound before dissipating.  But it was hard to tell if Danu's last attempt had actually accomplished anything at all, as there was no evidence to show if she had caused the reaction or not.  As if all it had done is remind it of something.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 11-18-2017

(11-17-2017, 12:56 AM)AustinLB90 Wrote:
(11-13-2017, 10:39 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: The answer to the high pitch is a familiar resonance, one that, due to his position, surrounded Austin from every side.  So intense was the alluring sound as azure streaks of light flickered through the crystals, like a honey that seeped into your ears and inside your head the sound was.  As it swept up through the room, and as intense and loud as Danu's sound was, this one was twofold as intense, if quieter overall.  The sound filling Austin with an intense, seeming impossible pleasure as pain drained away, vision filling with naught but a blue unending light.  Even as everybody else would see nothing of the sort.  It was no illusion though, as it simply would overwhelm anybody. 

The sound stretched out like an aura increasing in intensity, attempting to lure Feizel to lay himself down as well even as the golem itself struggled to keep them from impaling Austin.  The more distant crystals crumbled though, amidst the deafening sounds, there was enough room now to pass across the bridge, though still the encasement around Austin held, thickening now as it became nigh impossible to break physically without killing Austin anyways.  The distant crystals had shown a violent reaction to the sound before dissipating.  But it was hard to tell if Danu's last attempt had actually accomplished anything at all, as there was no evidence to show if she had caused the reaction or not.  As if all it had done is remind it of something.
"No..."
This is all Austin says before he is encased.
//Resonance is used in this case as a term referring to a repeating drone-like sound that is almost inaudible in it's repetition.  You were surrounded by the alluring sound, not the crystal.  It doesn't grow very quickly or in bursts.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - AustinLB90 - 11-18-2017

(11-18-2017, 11:01 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:
(11-17-2017, 12:56 AM)AustinLB90 Wrote: "No..."
This is all Austin says before he is encased.
//Resonance is used in this case as a term referring to a repeating drone-like sound that is almost inaudible in it's repetition.  You were surrounded by the alluring sound, not the crystal.  It doesn't grow very quickly or in bursts.
//ehh im practically dead anyways ill let you guys take over from here.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 11-19-2017

(11-18-2017, 02:49 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote:
(11-18-2017, 11:01 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: //Resonance is used in this case as a term referring to a repeating drone-like sound that is almost inaudible in it's repetition.  You were surrounded by the alluring sound, not the crystal.  It doesn't grow very quickly or in bursts.
//ehh im practically dead anyways ill let you guys take over from here.

//That was the only idea I had left.  Really weren't given a chance to save him this time. I had hoped that trying to shatter the crystal with a resonance would have worked as an outside the box solution.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 11-20-2017

(11-19-2017, 02:02 AM)OdinYggd Wrote:
(11-18-2017, 02:49 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote: //ehh im practically dead anyways ill let you guys take over from here.

//That was the only idea I had left.  Really weren't given a chance to save him this time. I had hoped that trying to shatter the crystal with a resonance would have worked as an outside the box solution.

//But at least you tried.  That's more than I can say for a lot of people i've met over the years.  And that's a good thing.

//@Austin: Would you like me to make a stupid mistake so that the crystal is retrievable.  As slow and methodical as they are, it's been too long since my last "mistake".  Although I guess "oversight" would be more operable here.  As my intent is not to discourage anybody, seeing as you had plans.  Unless screwing those plans up would lead to a more interesting set of interactions with the other character he was planning to meet relatively soon?  But then, they are already screwed up, aren't they?  Eheh.  Not to mention the new arrival soon to join the current predicament.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - AustinLB90 - 11-21-2017

//i dunno you can, to be honest due to how slow this rp goes, ive long forgotten my plans, i had another character but i can't remember what i wanted to do with her, and my plans for Austin were basic at best. I also wanted to finially reveal the truth behind the statuette i was allowed to mess with. I think i can remember now.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 11-26-2017

There is a thumping in Austins head.  The pain having spread up into his chest, even as the crystal only now reached up for his shoulders.  His eyes  blanking out, becoming foggy as his vision still swam in blue light.  The thumping slowed, even as all pain had faded.  Slower, slower, until it stopped.  His head became rapidly foggy, already unfocused; and then, nothing.  Austin stopped moving now, no breathing, no more words.  His eyes looked...  Dead, even as they remained open.  And then,with a flash, his form disappeared as the gem dropped down where Austin had been.  Giving Feizel a moment of advantage as it distracted the golem.  For the moment, there sat the gem upon the surface of the stone that had been directly below Austin, easily retrieved by one of Austin's companions if they were merely fast enough.

(Anthropomorphic arcanine.  Though I do not remember her name.  Something about meeting for lunch later over apparent weapons testing, which was one of your character's jobs.  You'd previously called her telling her that you'd be late and din't know when you'd be back, but hoped it wouldn't be too long.  Does that help?)