Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 06-25-2019

(06-25-2019, 04:54 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:
(06-25-2019, 03:34 AM)achroma Wrote: “Oh please, the pains been mediocre at best most of the time... Feizel would chuckle quietly and eye up the stone Prepare for the worst and how for the best... I hopefully won’t need it, but I’ll still take it Feizel scoops up the stone and gingerly places it within his pocket

She leaves an awkward long pause here now, giving plenty of time for Feizel to speak up.  As he cut straight through her as he asked where her confidence went..  But she didn't respond to this question though.  "Yeah it's best that way..  So!  The, agreement, do you agree?  I can get it in written form for you to sign if you want me to.  To ensure that I can't legally refuse to give the items over to you later, or such if you help me..."

//Edited

“I’ll do your job, as long as you hold up your end of the deal I can hopefully trust you Enough to hand over the “merchandise” once this all said and done. To be honest I doubt that you haven’t already read them, seeing as you probably had them laying around for quite awhile Nadil”

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 06-25-2019

(06-25-2019, 10:20 AM)achroma Wrote:
(06-25-2019, 04:54 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: She leaves an awkward long pause here now, giving plenty of time for Feizel to speak up.  As he cut straight through her as he asked where her confidence went..  But she didn't respond to this question though.  "Yeah it's best that way..  So!  The, agreement, do you agree?  I can get it in written form for you to sign if you want me to.  To ensure that I can't legally refuse to give the items over to you later, or such if you help me..."

//Edited

“I’ll do your job, as long as you hold up your end of the deal I can hopefully trust you Enough to hand over the “merchandise” once this all said and done. To be honest I doubt that you haven’t already read them, seeing as you probably had them laying around for quite awhile Nadil”

"You'd actually be wrong.  Why?  Should I?"
  She asked while tapping her chin thoughtfully, finally regaining her composure.  "But, otherwise, good to hear.  Can use all the help I can get..  while you're all the way out here though.  Anything you want to order?  I offer services for enchanting, one time or multi use items and scrolls.  It's done by request as I have to manually scribe the items, price based on complexity and time required.  I can basically do anything in such requests, but they take a long time to make and ready for use.  Not to mention most won't be as effective as people are hoping for.  Not without taking even longer.  But time is one thing I have lots of."   She finally spoke up about her business.  This was supposedly a shop after all. 

"Of course, if you're getting antsy I won't keep you either, though it was definitely nice having you out here."  She finally steps back, sliding her arms crossed behind her back as she smiles again.  Letting Feizel respond.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 06-26-2019

(06-25-2019, 06:20 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:
(06-25-2019, 10:20 AM)achroma Wrote: “I’ll do your job, as long as you hold up your end of the deal I can hopefully trust you Enough to hand over the “merchandise” once this all said and done. To be honest I doubt that you haven’t already read them, seeing as you probably had them laying around for quite awhile Nadil”

She asked while tapping her chin thoughtfully, finally regaining her composure.  "But, otherwise, good to hear.  Can use all the help I can get..  while you're all the way out here though.  Anything you want to order?  I offer services for enchanting, one time or multi use items and scrolls.  It's done by request as I have to manually scribe the items, price based on complexity and time required.  I can basically do anything in such requests, but they take a long time to make and ready for use.  Not to mention most won't be as effective as people are hoping for.  Not without taking even longer.  But time is one thing I have lots of."   She finally spoke up about her business.  This was supposedly a shop after all. 

"Of course, if you're getting antsy I won't keep you either, though it was definitely nice having you out here."  She finally steps back, sliding her arms crossed behind her back as she smiles again.  Letting Feizel respond.

“Perhaps you should give them a read if you have the time, as the book you’ve you’ve found and so willingly returned to me is on familiars... regardless I do have some enchantments that I would like to have inscribed but it’s hard to think straight on an empty stomach. Perhaps we could share a meal and discuss business over it if you wouldn’t mind? I hope I’m not interrupting anything important... I haven’t had a decent meal in ages”
Feizel sheepishly smiles and rubs his shoulder

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 06-26-2019

(06-26-2019, 02:58 AM)achroma Wrote:
(06-25-2019, 06:20 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:

“Perhaps you should give them a read if you have the time, as the book you’ve you’ve found and so willingly returned to me is on familiars... regardless I do have some enchantments that I would like to have inscribed but it’s hard to think straight on an empty stomach. Perhaps we could share a meal and discuss business over it if you wouldn’t mind? I hope I’m not interrupting anything important... I haven’t had a decent meal in ages”

Her eyes glazed over suddenly as she proceeded to basically stare through him unfocused.  "Do you mean, here?..  Uhh.  I guess we can if you want.  I..."  She trailed off for a moment before blinking several times.  Her eyes focusing again.  "I only have meat and mushrooms right now.  Is that okay?  I even have some that aren't toxic to non avali."  she coughed suddenly now, taking a few breaths as she'd been holding her breath the entire time other than speaking.  Having to recompose herself again.  "I'm not busy with anything important today.  The outside wards are fine.  So it's safe here even when it isn't."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 06-26-2019

(06-26-2019, 04:35 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:
(06-26-2019, 02:58 AM)achroma Wrote:

Her eyes glazed over suddenly as she proceeded to basically stare through him unfocused.  "Do you mean, here?..  Uhh.  I guess we can if you want.  I..."  She trailed off for a moment before blinking several times.  Her eyes focusing again.  "I only have meat and mushrooms right now.  Is that okay?  I even have some that aren't toxic to non avali."  she coughed suddenly now, taking a few breaths as she'd been holding her breath the entire time other than speaking.  Having to recompose herself again.  "I'm not busy with anything important today.  The outside wards are fine.  So it's safe here even when it isn't."

“If you wouldn’t mind eating here... and foods food when it comes to the end of the day, especially home cooking. And are you doing alright? Do you have medication here? It doesn’t seem like your doing too well”

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 06-28-2019

(06-26-2019, 12:46 PM)achroma Wrote:
(06-26-2019, 04:35 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: Her eyes glazed over suddenly as she proceeded to basically stare through him unfocused.  "Do you mean, here?..  Uhh.  I guess we can if you want.  I..."  She trailed off for a moment before blinking several times.  Her eyes focusing again.  "I only have meat and mushrooms right now.  Is that okay?  I even have some that aren't toxic to non avali."  she coughed suddenly now, taking a few breaths as she'd been holding her breath the entire time other than speaking.  Having to recompose herself again.  "I'm not busy with anything important today.  The outside wards are fine.  So it's safe here even when it isn't."

“If you wouldn’t mind eating here... and foods food when it comes to the end of the day, especially home cooking. And are you doing alright? Do you have medication here? It doesn’t seem like your doing too well”

"I'm fine.  I just didn't have anything prepared.  I'd be happy to have you."  The room slowly shifts now though.  As the counter returns, along with the shelving.  In addition, the shelves are filled with small objects.  Anything from small rounded stones to wooden figurines of many differing sorts.  All of them fairly plain.  Obviously un-utilized for Sa'Nadil's trade so far.  She wasn't joking about them being made to order after all.  Suppose it's probably handy to have bases on hand at all times too.  The doors have returned as well, the room seems smaller than when you first entered now though.  It's not clear how though.  "I live in the back...  Also, I'm sorry if things occasionally seem to shift around.  Hopefully it doesn't bug you too much or cause a headache.  I have wards set up inside the shop that respond based on how I  react to things.  And I've been making them go crazy this entire time by accident."  She walks back behind the counter, which has a few notebooks lazily strewn across it's top and pushes the door open, letting you see the room behind, a small living room with a cheap couch, same wooden flooring and wall paneling.  Waving that it's okay to enter.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 06-29-2019

(06-28-2019, 08:39 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:
(06-26-2019, 12:46 PM)achroma Wrote: “If you wouldn’t mind eating here... and foods food when it comes to the end of the day, especially home cooking. And are you doing alright? Do you have medication here? It doesn’t seem like your doing too well”

"I'm fine.  I just didn't have anything prepared.  I'd be happy to have you."  The room slowly shifts now though.  As the counter returns, along with the shelving.  In addition, the shelves are filled with small objects.  Anything from small rounded stones to wooden figurines of many differing sorts.  All of them fairly plain.  Obviously un-utilized for Sa'Nadil's trade so far.  She wasn't joking about them being made to order after all.  Suppose it's probably handy to have bases on hand at all times too.  The doors have returned as well, the room seems smaller than when you first entered now though.  It's not clear how though.  "I live in the back...  Also, I'm sorry if things occasionally seem to shift around.  Hopefully it doesn't bug you too much or cause a headache.  I have wards set up inside the shop that respond based on how I  react to things.  And I've been making them go crazy this entire time by accident."  She walks back behind the counter, which has a few notebooks lazily strewn across it's top and pushes the door open, letting you see the room behind, a small living room with a cheap couch, same wooden flooring and wall paneling.  Waving that it's okay to enter.

Feizel would take a nice long look at the newly visable contense shelves before proceeding into the improvised back room
“I can’t help to note that you have an aweful lot of security for a shack in the middle of the woods. And I don’t quite mide the changes, but they are starting to give me a migraine. And just quite how long have you been living out here?

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 06-30-2019

(06-29-2019, 12:17 AM)achroma Wrote:
(06-28-2019, 08:39 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: "I'm fine.  I just didn't have anything prepared.  I'd be happy to have you."  The room slowly shifts now though.  As the counter returns, along with the shelving.  In addition, the shelves are filled with small objects.  Anything from small rounded stones to wooden figurines of many differing sorts.  All of them fairly plain.  Obviously un-utilized for Sa'Nadil's trade so far.  She wasn't joking about them being made to order after all.  Suppose it's probably handy to have bases on hand at all times too.  The doors have returned as well, the room seems smaller than when you first entered now though.  It's not clear how though.  "I live in the back...  Also, I'm sorry if things occasionally seem to shift around.  Hopefully it doesn't bug you too much or cause a headache.  I have wards set up inside the shop that respond based on how I  react to things.  And I've been making them go crazy this entire time by accident."  She walks back behind the counter, which has a few notebooks lazily strewn across it's top and pushes the door open, letting you see the room behind, a small living room with a cheap couch, same wooden flooring and wall paneling.  Waving that it's okay to enter.

Feizel would take a nice long look at the newly visable contense shelves before proceeding into the improvised back room
“I can’t help to note that you have an aweful lot of security for a shack in the middle of the woods. And I don’t quite mind the changes, but they are starting to give me a migraine. And just quite how long have you been living out here?

At first she only says one word.  "Bandits."  As she props the door open with an iron hook and steps into the back room, picking up some indistinct object from her right and pocketing it before there's any chance to see what it was.  As she enters, she turns around speaking through the doorway with a slightly raised voice.  "Sorry about the headache.  I haven't kept much track of time.  But at least a month, I suppose."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 06-30-2019

(06-30-2019, 02:15 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:
(06-29-2019, 12:17 AM)achroma Wrote: Feizel would take a nice long look at the newly visable contense shelves before proceeding into the improvised back room
“I can’t help to note that you have an aweful lot of security for a shack in the middle of the woods. And I don’t quite mind the changes, but they are starting to give me a migraine. And just quite how long have you been living out here?

At first she only says one word.  "Bandits."  As she props the door open with an iron hook and steps into the back room, picking up some indistinct object from her right and pocketing it before there's any chance to see what it was.  As she enters, she turns around speaking through the doorway with a slightly raised voice.  "Sorry about the headache.  I haven't kept much track of time.  But at least a month, I suppose."

“Are bandits really that much of an issue here? Why not just move your shop into town?” Feizel would Make his way across the room and firmly plant himself on the couch “ So how do you suggest I kill this golem? It plays dirty and it plays mind games. When I was on that mountain, it showed me your mangled brother”

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 06-30-2019

(06-30-2019, 12:52 PM)achroma Wrote:
(06-30-2019, 02:15 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: At first she only says one word.  "Bandits."  As she props the door open with an iron hook and steps into the back room, picking up some indistinct object from her right and pocketing it before there's any chance to see what it was.  As she enters, she turns around speaking through the doorway with a slightly raised voice.  "Sorry about the headache.  I haven't kept much track of time.  But at least a month, I suppose."

“Are bandits really that much of an issue here? Why not just move your shop into town?” Feizel would Make his way across the room and firmly plant himself on the couch “ So how do you suggest I kill this golem? It plays dirty and it plays mind games. When I was on that mountain, it showed me your mangled brother”

"Heh.  They don't have to be a huge problem to need security.  Would you rather me just get robbed by being an easy target?"  She smiled again, to let him know that she wasn't insulted, merely jesting.

"But besides that.  This work is extremely time consuming and as such expensive.  Being out here ensures any commissions I get are worth my time and actually require my services.  Rather than having to deal with fools who want something stupid then try to yell at me because of where I set it's price..  Self operating brooms.  Think it's gonna be cheaper to enchant a hand broom than use a damned robot vacuum..." 

The last thing Feizel said though...  It gives her pause, she goes silent again.  Due to her light colored coat you can see the color of her face darken as blood rushes to her face.  She looks like she wants to say some choice words.  But holds them in as they aren't meant for your ears.  The colour slowly drains back from her face though, as she smiles and again offers, after a deep breath.  "You can come in.  I'd like to make sure you're settled before I try cooking something."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 07-01-2019

(06-30-2019, 05:50 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:
(06-30-2019, 12:52 PM)achroma Wrote: “Are bandits really that much of an issue here? Why not just move your shop into town?” Feizel would Make his way across the room and firmly plant himself on the couch “ So how do you suggest I kill this golem? It plays dirty and it plays mind games. When I was on that mountain, it showed me your mangled brother”

"Heh.  They don't have to be a huge problem to need security.  Would you rather me just get robbed by being an easy target?"  She smiled again, to let him know that she wasn't insulted, merely jesting.

"But besides that.  This work is extremely time consuming and as such expensive.  Being out here ensures any commissions I get are worth my time and actually require my services.  Rather than having to deal with fools who want something stupid then try to yell at me because of where I set it's price..  Self operating brooms.  Think it's gonna be cheaper to enchant a hand broom than use a damned robot vacuum..." 

The last thing Feizel said though...  It gives her pause, she goes silent again.  Due to her light colored coat you can see the color of her face darken as blood rushes to her face.  She looks like she wants to say some choice words.  But holds them in as they aren't meant for your ears.  The colour slowly drains back from her face though, as she smiles and again offers, after a deep breath.  "You can come in.  I'd like to make sure you're settled before I try cooking something."
”I would like to think that you’d be able to put up quite the fight if one ever arises. I can only guess what some enchantments you can do, and just how much havoc they can cause. Once this is all done and done, I’ll have to go back to my old place of work, that abaonded theatre. To be completely honest with you I’m afraid to go back there... Feizel would step Idely look around the shop during the period of silence, taking note of the touchy subject and avoided eye contact, gingerly entering the back room when prompted “I usually don’t take customers... I’m not what you would call a people person. But when they do show up, it’s usually something worth awhile, or they found one of my business cards and got past my ward

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 07-01-2019

(07-01-2019, 04:00 AM)achroma Wrote:
(06-30-2019, 05:50 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: "Heh.  They don't have to be a huge problem to need security.  Would you rather me just get robbed by being an easy target?"  She smiled again, to let him know that she wasn't insulted, merely jesting.

”I would like to think that you’d be able to put up quite the fight if one ever arises. I can only guess what some enchantments you can do, and just how much havoc they can cause. Once this is all done and done, I’ll have to go back to my old place of work, that abaonded theatre. To be completely honest with you I’m afraid to go back there... Feizel would idly look around the shop during the period of silence, taking note of the touchy subject and avoided eye contact, gingerly entering the back room when prompted “I usually don’t take customers... I’m not what you would call a people person. But when they do show up, it’s usually something worth awhile, or they found one of my business cards and got past my ward

Sa'Nadil holds up one of feizel's cards from her person momentarily before placing it on the small wooden end-table next to the cheap couch.  It's padded but mostly wood.  the room is rather unfurnished aside, there's a small metal box inset into one wall through which flames and electrical arcs wind and writhe.  Visible through the small slits in it's surface.  though it appears there's a clear cover over it as well.  a small enclave to the left of the entrance is a small enclave with a small kitchenette.  and to the right a set of bookcases and a door that is currently visible but could easily be hidden by the bookcases.  The bookcases are covered in books, but none of them are familiar...  And yet they all seem to be a single set.  numbering from 0x(?) through 128.  Only a number is written on the binding of all of them, and they are well sorted by such number.  Although the 'first' three marked 2-0x, 1-0x, and B-0x in that order is odd, right before the one labeled merely one (1).  Their binding is white and almost leather-like in appearance.  Seems to have a minor reflective quality to it too, but it doesn't actually reflect any light.  It's as if they are producing light somehow, but only from odd angles, and without casting light on anything else.

Sa'Nadil nods calmly now.  "Feel free to relax on the couch while I get this all done."  After washing her hands, she quickly pulled out some pre sliced mushrooms of a couple different types from the small freezer, and merely tosses them into a frying pan she had quickly smacked down onto the small stove.  Along with a chunk of butter.  Sliding some awkward looking gloves on as she preps up some meat for the meal and lets it start searing.  She'll probably be distracted for a minute or two now, focused unless feizel gets/keeps her talking.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 07-01-2019

(07-01-2019, 06:29 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:
(07-01-2019, 04:00 AM)achroma Wrote: ”I would like to think that you’d be able to put up quite the fight if one ever arises. I can only guess what some enchantments you can do, and just how much havoc they can cause. Once this is all done and done, I’ll have to go back to my old place of work, that abaonded theatre. To be completely honest with you I’m afraid to go back there... Feizel would idly look around the shop during the period of silence, taking note of the touchy subject and avoided eye contact, gingerly entering the back room when prompted “I usually don’t take customers... I’m not what you would call a people person. But when they do show up, it’s usually something worth awhile, or they found one of my business cards and got past my ward

Sa'Nadil holds up one of feizel's cards from her person momentarily before placing it on the small wooden end-table next to the cheap couch.  It's padded but mostly wood.  the room is rather unfurnished aside, there's a small metal box inset into one wall through which flames and electrical arcs wind and writhe.  Visible through the small slits in it's surface.  though it appears there's a clear cover over it as well.  a small enclave to the left of the entrance is a small enclave with a small kitchenette.  and to the right a set of bookcases and a door that is currently visible but could easily be hidden by the bookcases.  The bookcases are covered in books, but none of them are familiar...  And yet they all seem to be a single set.  numbering from 0x(?) through 128.  Only a number is written on the binding of all of them, and they are well sorted by such number.  Although the 'first' three marked 2-0x, 1-0x, and B-0x in that order is odd, right before the one labeled merely one (1).  Their binding is white and almost leather-like in appearance.  Seems to have a minor reflective quality to it too, but it doesn't actually reflect any light.  It's as if they are producing light somehow, but only from odd angles, and without casting light on anything else.

Sa'Nadil nods calmly now.  "Feel free to relax on the couch while I get this all done."  After washing her hands, she quickly pulled out some pre sliced mushrooms of a couple different types from the small freezer, and merely tosses them into a frying pan she had quickly smacked down onto the small stove.  Along with a chunk of butter.  Sliding some awkward looking gloves on as she preps up some meat for the meal and lets it start searing.  She'll probably be distracted for a minute or two now, focused unless feizel gets/keeps her talking.

“I think I’ll do some reading in the mean time... not the one to sit around idely...”
Feizel would quietly get up from the couch and make his way over to the bookshelf, and pull off the first three, oddly numbered, books from the shelf and swiftly return back to the couch, examining the cover of the premier book in the series, before turning to its first pages

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 07-02-2019

(07-01-2019, 08:59 PM)achroma Wrote:
(07-01-2019, 06:29 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: Sa'Nadil holds up one of feizel's cards from her person momentarily before placing it on the small wooden end-table next to the cheap couch.  It's padded but mostly wood.  the room is rather unfurnished aside, there's a small metal box inset into one wall through which flames and electrical arcs wind and writhe.  Visible through the small slits in it's surface.  though it appears there's a clear cover over it as well.  a small enclave to the left of the entrance is a small enclave with a small kitchenette.  and to the right a set of bookcases and a door that is currently visible but could easily be hidden by the bookcases.  The bookcases are covered in books, but none of them are familiar...  And yet they all seem to be a single set.  numbering from 0x(?) through 128.  Only a number is written on the binding of all of them, and they are well sorted by such number.  Although the 'first' three marked 2-0x, 1-0x, and B-0x in that order is odd, right before the one labeled merely one (1).  Their binding is white and almost leather-like in appearance.  Seems to have a minor reflective quality to it too, but it doesn't actually reflect any light.  It's as if they are producing light somehow, but only from odd angles, and without casting light on anything else.

“I think I’ll do some reading in the mean time... not the one to sit around idely...”
Feizel would quietly get up from the couch and make his way over to the bookshelf, and pull off the first three, oddly numbered, books from the shelf and swiftly return back to the couch, examining the cover of the premier book in the series, before turning to its first pages

The front text is written in an unknown tongue for a moment.  Though it suddenly shifts before you until you are able to read it in your most comfortable tongue.  Pre-Historia; Eyes of blue.  Turning to the first pages, it appears to be a dry description of every single moment of passing in another realm.  Or rather, the recording of time before time even was, in another realm.   Although even at the start a name is mentioned,  it does not describe what there is to that name yet.  'Sandrise'.  Beyond the concept of the creation of time itself as it is known in the realm that goes on un-namedstill...  It is literally a complete record of everything within it's marked period.  It would probably take months if not years(possibly hundreds, or more) to absorb everything inside even a single one of these tomes.  As the pages do not stop.  It seems impossible, even if you attempt to start on the last page, you can still turn to the next page...  And yet then you'd only find yourself holding the next vollume, with the previous settled where the one you now hold should be.  Yet there must be an end.  For the last book on the shelf has not suddenly gained another volume beyond it.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 07-02-2019

(07-02-2019, 08:42 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:
(07-01-2019, 08:59 PM)achroma Wrote: “I think I’ll do some reading in the mean time... not the one to sit around idely...”

The front text is written in an unknown tongue for a moment.  Though it suddenly shifts before you until you are able to read it in your most comfortable tongue.  Pre-Historia; Eyes of blue.  Turning to the first pages, it appears to be a dry description of every single moment of passing in another realm.  Or rather, the recording of time before time even was, in another realm.   Although even at the start a name is mentioned,  it does not describe what there is to that name yet.  'Sandrise'.  Beyond the concept of the creation of time itself as it is known in the realm that goes on un-namedstill...  It is literally a complete record of everything within it's marked period.  It would probably take months if not years(possibly hundreds, or more) to absorb everything inside even a single one of these tomes.  As the pages do not stop.  It seems impossible, even if you attempt to start on the last page, you can still turn to the next page...  And yet then you'd only find yourself holding the next vollume, with the previous settled where the one you now hold should be.  Yet there must be an end.  For the last book on the shelf has not suddenly gained another volume beyond it.
He would let out a quiet gasp as the text changed, a favorite parlor trick of his. Feizel would take note of the name Sandrise, as he was fairly certain it was the famalies familiar, and continued to read, soaking in the vast pages of text, trying to put various things into context as he did, occasionally looking at the shelf, and noticing that despite not moving, new books come and old ones go

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 07-02-2019

(07-02-2019, 01:16 PM)achroma Wrote:
(07-02-2019, 08:42 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: The front text is written in an unknown tongue for a moment.  Though it suddenly shifts before you until you are able to read it in your most comfortable tongue.  Pre-Historia; Eyes of blue.  Turning to the first pages, it appears to be a dry description of every single moment of passing in another realm.  Or rather, the recording of time before time even was, in another realm.   Although even at the start a name is mentioned,  it does not describe what there is to that name yet.  'Sandrise'.  Beyond the concept of the creation of time itself as it is known in the realm that goes on un-namedstill...  It is literally a complete record of everything within it's marked period.  It would probably take months if not years(possibly hundreds, or more) to absorb everything inside even a single one of these tomes.  As the pages do not stop.  It seems impossible, even if you attempt to start on the last page, you can still turn to the next page...  And yet then you'd only find yourself holding the next vollume, with the previous settled where the one you now hold should be.  Yet there must be an end.  For the last book on the shelf has not suddenly gained another volume beyond it.
He would let out a quiet gasp as the text changed, a favorite parlor trick of his. Feizel would take note of the name Sandrise, as he was fairly certain it was the famalies familiar, and continued to read, soaking in the vast pages of text, trying to put various things into context as he did, occasionally looking at the shelf, and noticing that despite not moving, new books come and old ones go

//When I write it as being dry in writing, I mean it has absolutely no creative flourish whatsoever.

As dry as it is in it's impossible description of unrecordable events.  The impossibility of it's applicability as an actual record makes it read like well thought out fiction.  Possibly too well thought out.  But then it doesn't treat itself like fiction, rather like what it states merely was, without question.  It describes the creations of stellar bodies, the mere minute adjustments of everything.  the turbulence of stars.  And the void that filled the universe.  It seemed to focus heavily on what it described as two blue lights in the void, sitting alone.  Though.  Focusing more and more around that until it almost devolved into a writing of obsession.  Sandrise.  The rising of the sands of time.  Rather literal.

Sa'Nadil had dumped the mushrooms over the steaks she had been making, but had removed it from the heat now.  Though letting the pan simmer down.  She would probably be done with it momentarily now, as she finally looked over to Feizel.  "Learn anything new?"  She asked, smiling as she looked at him reading one of the tomes.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 07-03-2019

(07-02-2019, 11:14 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:
(07-02-2019, 01:16 PM)achroma Wrote: He would let out a quiet gasp as the text changed, a favorite parlor trick of his. Feizel would take note of the name Sandrise, as he was fairly certain it was the famalies familiar, and continued to read, soaking in the vast pages of text, trying to put various things into context as he did, occasionally looking at the shelf, and noticing that despite not moving, new books come and old ones go

//When I write it as being dry in writing, I mean it has absolutely no creative flourish whatsoever.

As dry as it is in it's impossible description of unrecordable events.  The impossibility of it's applicability as an actual record makes it read like well thought out fiction.  Possibly too well thought out.  But then it doesn't treat itself like fiction, rather like what it states merely was, without question.  It describes the creations of stellar bodies, the mere minute adjustments of everything.  the turbulence of stars.  And the void that filled the universe.  It seemed to focus heavily on what it described as two blue lights in the void, sitting alone.  Though.  Focusing more and more around that until it almost devolved into a writing of obsession.  Sandrise.  The rising of the sands of time.  Rather literal.

Sa'Nadil had dumped the mushrooms over the steaks she had been making, but had removed it from the heat now.  Though letting the pan simmer down.  She would probably be done with it momentarily now, as she finally looked over to Feizel.  "Learn anything new?"  She asked, smiling as she looked at him reading one of the tomes.

“This is quite... something. It’s uncanny almost. But I can see a new color now he would say jokingly to lighten up the mood after his comments. “Who wrote these anyways...? It’s quite dry reading he would get up from the couch and stretch

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 07-03-2019

(07-03-2019, 01:25 AM)achroma Wrote:
(07-02-2019, 11:14 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: //When I write it as being dry in writing, I mean it has absolutely no creative flourish whatsoever.

“This is quite... something. It’s uncanny almost. But I can see a new color now he would say jokingly to lighten up the mood after his comments. “Who wrote these anyways...? It’s quite dry reading he would get up from the couch and stretch

"Technically me.  But not in the regular sense.  I made it write itself... I like to be reminded of where I came from now and then though.  So I keep them close."   She poured one steak and half the pan onto one plate she haphazardly pulled out, and them just poured the rest on another plate, placed the pan into a small box on the floor.  Pulling out some wooden utensils.  "I don't have an actual table unfortunately...  But the food is done."  It was literally just steak and strong mushrooms, with a bit of salt and sliced potato chips to hold it together.  Nothing fancy.  she held up the two plates and walked over though.  Letting Feizel take whichever he saw fitting.  

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 07-03-2019

(07-03-2019, 05:50 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:
(07-03-2019, 01:25 AM)achroma Wrote: “This is quite... something. It’s uncanny almost. But I can see a new color now he would say jokingly to lighten up the mood after his comments. “Who wrote these anyways...? It’s quite dry reading he would get up from the couch and stretch

"Technically me.  But not in the regular sense.  I made it write itself... I like to be reminded of where I came from now and then though.  So I keep them close."   She poured one steak and half the pan onto one plate she haphazardly pulled out, and them just poured the rest on another plate, placed the pan into a small box on the floor.  Pulling out some wooden utensils.  "I don't have an actual table unfortunately...  But the food is done."  It was literally just steak and strong mushrooms, with a bit of salt and sliced potato chips to hold it together.  Nothing fancy.  she held up the two plates and walked over though.  Letting Feizel take whichever he saw fitting.  

“Not to be rude in any manner, but what exactly are you, and with that, how old are you...? If you’ve “written” these books, which depict time before time?”
Feizel would grab the smaller of the two dishes are a common Curtesy. He seemed quite eager to start digging into the dish

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 07-04-2019

(07-03-2019, 12:27 PM)achroma Wrote:
(07-03-2019, 05:50 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: "Technically me.  But not in the regular sense.  I made it write itself... I like to be reminded of where I came from now and then though.  So I keep them close."   She poured one steak and half the pan onto one plate she haphazardly pulled out, and them just poured the rest on another plate, placed the pan into a small box on the floor.  Pulling out some wooden utensils.  "I don't have an actual table unfortunately...  But the food is done."  It was literally just steak and strong mushrooms, with a bit of salt and sliced potato chips to hold it together.  Nothing fancy.  she held up the two plates and walked over though.  Letting Feizel take whichever he saw fitting.  

“Not to be rude in any manner, but what exactly are you, and with that, how old are you...? If you’ve “written” these books, which depict time before time?”
Feizel would grab the smaller of the two dishes are a common Curtesy. He seemed quite eager to start digging into the dish

Sa'Nadil Halts, looking down.  "I am Sandrise.  Discarded with the remnants of those who I was to protect.  And now I am little more than I choose to become from here on.  But everything's exciting, and I want to know what happens next again.  It hasn't been like that for a long time.  Potentially ever."  Sounds like a whole lot of nothing.  Maybe that's because she doesn't want you to believe her. 

But she just shrugs like it isn't important and lays down one of the wooden forks for Feizel to use next to him.