Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 07-04-2019

(07-04-2019, 05:00 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:
(07-03-2019, 12:27 PM)achroma Wrote: “Not to be rude in any manner, but what exactly are you, and with that, how old are you...? If you’ve “written” these books, which depict time before time?”
Feizel would grab the smaller of the two dishes are a common Curtesy. He seemed quite eager to start digging into the dish

Sa'Nadil Halts, looking down.  "I am Sandrise.  Discarded with the remnants of those who I was to protect.  And now I am little more than I choose to become from here on.  But everything's exciting, and I want to know what happens next again.  It hasn't been like that for a long time.  Potentially ever."  Sounds like a whole lot of nothing.  Maybe that's because she doesn't want you to believe her. 

But she just shrugs like it isn't important and lays down one of the wooden forks for Feizel to use next to him.
“Your quite the enigma, you know that? I can’t seem to figure you out, weather that be for the better or the worse. But regardless, Let’s get down to business? I need a warding charm, before I can go back to my theatre. I have no clue what nasties and fragments Cebron left behind.”
Feizel would nearly inhale the dish of food at a rapid rate nearly instantly as he revived the fork

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 07-05-2019

(07-04-2019, 05:21 PM)achroma Wrote:
(07-04-2019, 05:00 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: Sa'Nadil Halts, looking down.  "I am Sandrise.  Discarded with the remnants of those who I was to protect.  And now I am little more than I choose to become from here on.  But everything's exciting, and I want to know what happens next again.  It hasn't been like that for a long time.  Potentially ever."  Sounds like a whole lot of nothing.  Maybe that's because she doesn't want you to believe her. 

But she just shrugs like it isn't important and lays down one of the wooden forks for Feizel to use next to him.
“Your quite the enigma, you know that? I can’t seem to figure you out, weather that be for the better or the worse. But regardless, Let’s get down to business? I need a warding charm, before I can go back to my theatre. I have no clue what nasties and fragments Cebron left behind.”
Feizel would nearly inhale the dish of food at a rapid rate nearly instantly as he received the fork

"Oh come now, puzzles are easy to solve, people are not.  Even when they are a problem."   A sudden jest  At least it could assumed to be one, even as blunt as the statement was.  It was spoken as if it had been an experience that was repeated, again and again to the degree of tormenting her.  "...  But I'd probably need to go through more specifics than merely a warding charm?  That can refer to nearly anything.  Like, I used warding and a number of other things to get the desired result on that healing stone to make it so you can't get rid of or lose it.  It will follow you, but not literally, follow you.  If you lose it somehow it should always be somewhere you'll easily find it over and over until you do.  Even if you try to get rid of it I will admit.  But, uhh.  Please be as specific as possible.  It will take time, and anything you want right away will have only a weak or precursory effect.  Though it can still be pretty powerful if you're creative.  Most of the time it takes a minimum of a week for a decently powerful object.  Really powerful things can take a year or more to charge though.  Like offensive scrolls. But that's why I carry those in bulk."  The sudden return to her businesslike approach to enchanting was.  Well, sudden for lack of a better word.  Redundancy really can be the only option.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 07-05-2019

(07-05-2019, 04:03 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:
(07-04-2019, 05:21 PM)achroma Wrote: “Your quite the enigma, you know that? I can’t seem to figure you out, weather that be for the better or the worse. But regardless, Let’s get down to business? I need a warding charm, before I can go back to my theatre. I have no clue what nasties and fragments Cebron left behind.”
Feizel would nearly inhale the dish of food at a rapid rate nearly instantly as he received the fork

"Oh come now, puzzles are easy to solve, people are not.  Even when they are a problem."   A sudden jest  At least it could assumed to be one, even as blunt as the statement was.  It was spoken as if it had been an experience that was repeated, again and again to the degree of tormenting her.  "...  But I'd probably need to go through more specifics than merely a warding charm?  That can refer to nearly anything.  Like, I used warding and a number of other things to get the desired result on that healing stone to make it so you can't get rid of or lose it.  It will follow you, but not literally, follow you.  If you lose it somehow it should always be somewhere you'll easily find it over and over until you do.  Even if you try to get rid of it I will admit.  But, uhh.  Please be as specific as possible.  It will take time, and anything you want right away will have only a weak or precursory effect.  Though it can still be pretty powerful if you're creative.  Most of the time it takes a minimum of a week for a decently powerful object.  Really powerful things can take a year or more to charge though.  Like offensive scrolls. But that's why I carry those in bulk."  The sudden return to her businesslike approach to enchanting was.  Well, sudden for lack of a better word.  Redundancy really can be the only option.
“Sometimes puzzles are left unsolved. Anyhow, for that warding charm... what would you suggest for the case of dealing with dark forces? Possession prevention? Maybe a bit of a glow to it? Oh! Binding would be nice if these was an issue. From recent events I’ve learned that just showing up and improvising doesn’t tend to end well, so something robust would be appreciated. I’m in no rush either, as I plan on taking care of the Shade before going back.”

(07-05-2019, 03:33 PM)achroma Wrote:
(07-05-2019, 04:03 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: "Oh come now, puzzles are easy to solve, people are not.  Even when they are a problem."   A sudden jest  At least it could assumed to be one, even as blunt as the statement was.  It was spoken as if it had been an experience that was repeated, again and again to the degree of tormenting her.  "...  But I'd probably need to go through more specifics than merely a warding charm?  That can refer to nearly anything.  Like, I used warding and a number of other things to get the desired result on that healing stone to make it so you can't get rid of or lose it.  It will follow you, but not literally, follow you.  If you lose it somehow it should always be somewhere you'll easily find it over and over until you do.  Even if you try to get rid of it I will admit.  But, uhh.  Please be as specific as possible.  It will take time, and anything you want right away will have only a weak or precursory effect.  Though it can still be pretty powerful if you're creative.  Most of the time it takes a minimum of a week for a decently powerful object.  Really powerful things can take a year or more to charge though.  Like offensive scrolls.  But that's why I carry those in bulk."  The sudden return to her businesslike approach to enchanting was.  Well, sudden for lack of a better word.  Redundancy really can be the only option.
“Sometimes puzzles are left unsolved. Anyhow, for that warding charm...  What would you suggest for the case of dealing with dark forces? Possession prevention? Maybe a bit of a glow to it? Oh! Binding would be nice if these was an issue. From recent events I’ve learned that just showing up and improvising doesn’t tend to end well, so something robust would be appreciated. I’m in no rush either, as I plan on taking care of the Shade before going back.”

She stops again, gathering her thoughts for a moment before speaking up.  "An anchor, something bound to you to ensure you are infallible to such forces.  Nothing can stop you from being influenced to be honest, at least not without someone else directly involved at all times.  As attempting such can backfire horribly.  But it can ensure that they cannot merely move you out of the way and take over.  As long as you yourself resist it the worst they'll be able to do is render you momentarily catatonic, at least until the anchor is destroyed.  It's the cheapest and quickest way, as anchors are easy and don't require to be charged unless you add other things to the script.  Making anchors is rather unpleasant though, especially if you make multiple for the same person.  And I'll have to go through several things with you if you want one."  She stops again, taking a few breaths after speaking so much with few full stops. 

"Other than that, mostly just some basic purity seals to keep stone wood and tomes of knowledge as just that.  Stone wood, and books.  Of course this is all the basic stuff, there is more effective or powerful stuff.  But that would likely take months to a year to get active, and require stationary placement where you want them on the building itself.  Or on each individual object.  And I dread having to inscribe every single object you might have there individually."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 07-05-2019

(07-05-2019, 07:01 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:
(07-05-2019, 03:33 PM)achroma Wrote: “Sometimes puzzles are left unsolved. Anyhow, for that warding charm...  What would you suggest for the case of dealing with dark forces? Possession prevention? Maybe a bit of a glow to it? Oh! Binding would be nice if these was an issue. From recent events I’ve learned that just showing up and improvising doesn’t tend to end well, so something robust would be appreciated. I’m in no rush either, as I plan on taking care of the Shade before going back.”

She stops again, gathering her thoughts for a moment before speaking up.  "An anchor, something bound to you to ensure you are infallible to such forces.  Nothing can stop you from being influenced to be honest, at least not without someone else directly involved at all times.  As attempting such can backfire horribly.  But it can ensure that they cannot merely move you out of the way and take over.  As long as you yourself resist it the worst they'll be able to do is render you momentarily catatonic, at least until the anchor is destroyed.  It's the cheapest and quickest way, as anchors are easy and don't require to be charged unless you add other things to the script.  Making anchors is rather unpleasant though, especially if you make multiple for the same person.  And I'll have to go through several things with you if you want one."  She stops again, taking a few breaths after speaking so much with few full stops. 

"Other than that, mostly just some basic purity seals to keep stone wood and tomes of knowledge as just that.  Stone wood, and books.  Of course this is all the basic stuff, there is more effective or powerful stuff.  But that would likely take months to a year to get active, and require stationary placement where you want them on the building itself.  Or on each individual object.  And I dread having to inscribe every single object you might have there individually."
”I think the best bet would be one of those anchors. You say it’s unpleasant to make. Is it tedious or painful. And perhaps before you retire I might hire you to ward Everything in my theatre, though I might die before you finish he would muse jokingly

(07-05-2019, 10:27 PM)achroma Wrote:
(07-05-2019, 07:01 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: She stops again, gathering her thoughts for a moment before speaking up.  "An anchor, something bound to you to ensure you are infallible to such forces.  Nothing can stop you from being influenced to be honest, at least not without someone else directly involved at all times.  As attempting such can backfire horribly.  But it can ensure that they cannot merely move you out of the way and take over.  As long as you yourself resist it the worst they'll be able to do is render you momentarily catatonic, at least until the anchor is destroyed.  It's the cheapest and quickest way, as anchors are easy and don't require to be charged unless you add other things to the script.  Making anchors is rather unpleasant though, especially if you make multiple for the same person.  And I'll have to go through several things with you if you want one."  She stops again, taking a few breaths after speaking so much with few full stops. 

”I think the best bet would be one of those anchors. You say it’s unpleasant to make. Is it tedious or painful. And perhaps before you retire I might hire you to ward Everything in my theatre, though I might die before you finish." He would muse jokingly

"Somewhere in between painful and horrifying.  Some people don't take it well in the first place, and if someone's depressed, they often use it as an excuse to escape their responsibilities forever...  if you catch my meaning.  But that type of thing is entirely up to you if you wanna go through with it.  Overall though.  It boils down to this."  She pauses making sure she has your full attention before continuing, lest you miss something. 

"I have to inscribe directly upon your body several temporary enchantments.  They will force you to separate from your body in a sort of astral projection.  At this point I attempt the initial binding of your projection to the prepared anchor.  This will cause an extreme feeling of distance, almost blindness.  You will feel nothing, do not falter, relax, and continue as if you are where you started no matter what.  It will make you question if you are dead, if this is what death feels like.  It is not.  Here is where it gets hard in the case of using multiple anchors.  You will suddenly feel like you are being pulled apart in multiple directions, almost ripped apart.  No actual pain, but it is NOT pleasant.  At that point however, the anchors are successfully applied.  And I will merely end the enchantments upon you, as everything will suddenly rush back, and you will wake up feeling like no time at all has passed.  At that point, it is completed.  When anchored, you will always be able to tell where your anchors are no matter what due to the subtle feeling of being pulled towards them.  So they will always be easy to find for you, and only you.  An anchor can take up the form of anything though, whether inanimate, or it can be a living thing or person.  Although I refuse to use living anchors for a number of reasons...  Are you catching all of this?  Any questions?"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 07-06-2019

(07-05-2019, 11:18 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:
(07-05-2019, 10:27 PM)achroma Wrote: ”I think the best bet would be one of those anchors. You say it’s unpleasant to make. Is it tedious or painful. And perhaps before you retire I might hire you to ward Everything in my theatre, though I might die before you finish." He would muse jokingly

"Somewhere in between painful and horrifying.  Some people don't take it well in the first place, and if someone's depressed, they often use it as an excuse to escape their responsibilities forever...  if you catch my meaning.  But that type of thing is entirely up to you if you wanna go through with it.  Overall though.  It boils down to this."  She pauses making sure she has your full attention before continuing, lest you miss something. 

"I have to inscribe directly upon your body several temporary enchantments.  They will force you to separate from your body in a sort of astral projection.  At this point I attempt the initial binding of your projection to the prepared anchor.  This will cause an extreme feeling of distance, almost blindness.  You will feel nothing, do not falter, relax, and continue as if you are where you started no matter what.  It will make you question if you are dead, if this is what death feels like.  It is not.  Here is where it gets hard in the case of using multiple anchors.  You will suddenly feel like you are being pulled apart in multiple directions, almost ripped apart.  No actual pain, but it is NOT pleasant.  At that point however, the anchors are successfully applied.  And I will merely end the enchantments upon you, as everything will suddenly rush back, and you will wake up feeling like no time at all has passed.  At that point, it is completed.  When anchored, you will always be able to tell where your anchors are no matter what due to the subtle feeling of being pulled towards them.  So they will always be easy to find for you, and only you.  An anchor can take up the form of anything though, whether inanimate, or it can be a living thing or person.  Although I refuse to use living anchors for a number of reasons...  Are you catching all of this?  Any questions?"
“When you said unpleasant, I wasn’t expecting this level of unpleasantness, but regardless, I will continue onwards despite the risks, as to not loose sight of what I aim to achieve by doing so. I only wish for a single anchor, something simple and easy to bury. I do not care what it is, as long as it works. Why wouldn one need multiple anchors?”

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 07-06-2019

(07-06-2019, 01:16 AM)achroma Wrote: “When you said unpleasant, I wasn’t expecting this level of unpleasantness, but regardless, I will continue onwards despite the risks, as to not loose sight of what I aim to achieve by doing so. I only wish for a single anchor, something simple and easy to bury. I do not care what it is, as long as it works. Why wouldn one need multiple anchors?”

"Having multiple anchors protects you from the emotional backlash you'd normally feel when one is broken, and provides failsafes in case someone out there is trying to harm you.  Such as if someone is hunting them down to try making you vulnerable again.  Allowing you to for example, bury one and keep another on your person at all times.  Does a small roughly shaped humanoid stone figurine work for you?"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 07-06-2019

(07-06-2019, 03:39 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:
(07-06-2019, 01:16 AM)achroma Wrote: “When you said unpleasant, I wasn’t expecting this level of unpleasantness, but regardless, I will continue onwards despite the risks, as to not loose sight of what I aim to achieve by doing so. I only wish for a single anchor, something simple and easy to bury. I do not care what it is, as long as it works. Why wouldn one need multiple anchors?”

"Having multiple anchors protects you from the emotional backlash you'd normally feel when one is broken, and provides failsafes in case someone out there is trying to harm you.  Such as if someone is hunting them down to try making you vulnerable again.  Allowing you to for example, bury one and keep another on your person at all times.  Does a small roughly shaped humanoid stone figurine work for you?"

[quote='Lost Rinoah' pid='61588' dateline='1562384393']
[quote='achroma' pid='61587' dateline='1562375785']

“I sure as hell hope nobody has the audacity to hunt me down. I try not to give anything a reason to give it a try. Nevertheless a figurine will do. How much will this cost me? And how long will this take anyways?”

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 07-07-2019

(07-06-2019, 12:02 PM)achroma Wrote:
(07-06-2019, 03:39 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: "Having multiple anchors protects you from the emotional backlash you'd normally feel when one is broken, and provides failsafes in case someone out there is trying to harm you.  Such as if someone is hunting them down to try making you vulnerable again.  Allowing you to for example, bury one and keep another on your person at all times.  Does a small roughly shaped humanoid stone figurine work for you?"

“I sure as hell hope nobody has the audacity to hunt me down. I try not to give anything a reason to give it a try. Nevertheless a figurine will do. How much will this cost me? And how long will this take anyways?”

//There's no set value for currency, so don't seek to have me extrapolate please.

"Just 25 pixels for the figurine and we'll see after we're done how much the rest will cost.  It shouldn't be too expensive, anchoring isn't time consuming or materially expensive compared to most thing.  If you want some purity seals, those are also pretty cheap too, due to simplicity.  Only one will never do after all.  I have something set up to make those for me though."  She'd finished her own food as well by now, having taken to taking a nibble whenever feizel provided a response to her.  she took feizel's plate and form as well, placing it all in the same box as the pan she'd cooked it in now before moving over to a nearby wall.  Reaching to the base of the wall, she pulled on something, and out slid a padded mat that she pulled near the couch.  Suddenly, small vials are laid about the room near the mat.  Oils, powders, and what appear to be paints.  Although they look slick, jet black and oily like crude.  There are a couple of candles too, but they're unscented and aren't yet lit.  There's also a number of thin stone card like things stacked next to the paints.  They look like they're made out of carefully shaped quartz. It looks more like she's preparing to paint a monochromatic picture than do some sort of near ritual like enchantment.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 07-07-2019

(07-07-2019, 01:02 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:
(07-06-2019, 12:02 PM)achroma Wrote: “I sure as hell hope nobody has the audacity to hunt me down. I try not to give anything a reason to give it a try. Nevertheless a figurine will do. How much will this cost me? And how long will this take anyways?”

//There's no set value for currency, so don't seek to have me extrapolate please.

"Just 25 pixels for the figurine and we'll see after we're done how much the rest will cost.  It shouldn't be too expensive, anchoring isn't time consuming or materially expensive compared to most thing.  If you want some purity seals, those are also pretty cheap too, due to simplicity.  Only one will never do after all.  I have something set up to make those for me though."  She'd finished her own food as well by now, having taken to taking a nibble whenever feizel provided a response to her.  she took feizel's plate and form as well, placing it all in the same box as the pan she'd cooked it in now before moving over to a nearby wall.  Reaching to the base of the wall, she pulled on something, and out slid a padded mat that she pulled near the couch.  Suddenly, small vials are laid about the room near the mat.  Oils, powders, and what appear to be paints.  Although they look slick, jet black and oily like crude.  There are a couple of candles too, but they're unscented and aren't yet lit.  There's also a number of thin stone card like things stacked next to the paints.  They look like they're made out of carefully shaped quartz. It looks more like she's preparing to paint a monochromatic picture than do some sort of near ritual like enchantment.

“I can do that price easily. Of course I would like some purity seals, as, well, they seem robust enough... you mentioned emotional backlash when a Anchor gave away. What exactly is that, and how unpleasant is that exactly? I want to be prepared, just in case.”
He would eye up the supplies with curiosity. He’d never seen this kind of work done before.

(07-07-2019, 01:25 AM)achroma Wrote:
(07-07-2019, 01:02 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: //There's no set value for currency, so don't seek to have me extrapolate please.

“I can do that price easily. Of course I would like some purity seals, as, well, they seem robust enough... you mentioned emotional backlash when a Anchor gave away. What exactly is that, and how unpleasant is that exactly? I want to be prepared, just in case.”
He would eye up the supplies with curiosity. He’d never seen this kind of work done before.

"Your body doesn't actually have natural sensitivities to things beyond the physical.  When coming in contact with a sensation that isn't readable.  Your body will generally try to liken it to something as similar as possible to something that is physical in sensation.  That's why it will feel like you are being pulled towards your anchor subtly but constantly when it is finished.  You aren't actually being pulled.  However when one breaks, your body gets extremely confused as there is no liken-able physical sensation. This can lead to one of two things, an uncanny impossibly strong feeling of relief that can make you fall asleep or other such things such as feeling extreme happiness or hyperactivity, or an almost drunken stupor that can lead to hasty action where you might make a mistake and do things you normally wouldn't do.  Or alternatively, a sudden feeling of extreme stress, leading to anger and aggression, more often to the first unless you consider yourself more inclined towards violent behavior and aggressive tendancies.  Having more than one anchor protects against this unless they are all broken really close in time to each other, or the last one is broken long after the others have been."   She coats the pad in a oil that smells of alcohol and rubs it down softly until it dries using a rag.  It appears she just sterilized the padded mat for you while she spoke, answering your question to the best of her ability.  She washes the figurine with the same cleaning oil as well and lays it on the stand nearby to keep it out of the way for now. 

"Hopefully this doesn't sound weird.  But I'm gonna need you to remove your shirt and lay down on the mat if you're sure you want me to get you linked to an anchor."  There's now a small floating stone sitting above her right shoulder, for a moment it makes your sight stick to it.  Seemingly making your vision swim and darken as you see it.  But it fades only a moment later.  A side effect from your encounter on the mountain with the golem, just the echoes of what you were forced to endure there.  The stone previously was seen following the golem around, but had disappeared when feizel had gone with Austin and Danu to the cabin, presumably having not followed through the portal from the theater.  Here it now floats, subtly glowing with an inner blue light, the floating opal stone had returned.

(07-07-2019, 03:49 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:
(07-07-2019, 01:25 AM)achroma Wrote: “I can do that price easily. Of course I would like some purity seals, as, well, they seem robust enough... you mentioned emotional backlash when a Anchor gave away. What exactly is that, and how unpleasant is that exactly? I want to be prepared, just in case.”

"Your body doesn't actually have natural sensitivities to things beyond the physical.  When coming in contact with a sensation that isn't readable.  Your body will generally try to liken it to something as similar as possible to something that is physical in sensation.  That's why it will feel like you are being pulled towards your anchor subtly but constantly when it is finished.  You aren't actually being pulled.  However when one breaks, your body gets extremely confused as there is no liken-able physical sensation. This can lead to one of two things, an uncanny impossibly strong feeling of relief that can make you fall asleep or other such things such as feeling extreme happiness or hyperactivity, or an almost drunken stupor that can lead to hasty action where you might make a mistake and do things you normally wouldn't do.  Or alternatively, a sudden feeling of extreme stress, leading to anger and aggression, more often to the first unless you consider yourself more inclined towards violent behavior and aggressive tendancies.  Having more than one anchor protects against this unless they are all broken really close in time to each other, or the last one is broken long after the others have been."   She coats the pad in a oil that smells of alcohol and rubs it down softly until it dries using a rag.  It appears she just sterilized the padded mat for you while she spoke, answering your question to the best of her ability.  She washes the figurine with the same cleaning oil as well and lays it on the stand nearby to keep it out of the way for now. 

"Hopefully this doesn't sound weird.  But I'm gonna need you to remove your shirt and lay down on the mat if you're sure you want me to get you linked to an anchor."  There's now a small floating stone sitting above her right shoulder, for a moment it makes your sight stick to it.  Seemingly making your vision swim and darken as you see it.  But it fades only a moment later.  A side effect from your encounter on the mountain with the golem, just the echoes of what you were forced to endure there.  The stone previously was seen following the golem around, but had disappeared when feizel had gone with Austin and Danu to the cabin, presumably having not followed through the portal from the theater.  Here it now floats, subtly glowing with an inner blue light, the floating opal stone had returned.

”It’s a good thing that the wards going to be buried then, as neither of those options sound pleasant. This kind of work you do must always be complex... and I do not mind taking of my shirt, as you’ve already taken me to dinner, though I am curious. You don’t happen to be an almalgmation between Sandrine and Azureis, as that would explain the stone and your previous claim. I do quite remember you coming to my theatre so that we could do a little exchange.”
Feizel would take off his shirt with gusto and lay down on the mat, occasionally glancing st the stone, still wary of what the golem might have done to it, if anything

(07-07-2019, 11:40 AM)achroma Wrote:
(07-07-2019, 03:49 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: "Your body doesn't actually have natural sensitivities to things beyond the physical.  When coming in contact with a sensation that isn't readable.  Your body will generally try to liken it to something as similar as possible to something that is physical in sensation.  That's why it will feel like you are being pulled towards your anchor subtly but constantly when it is finished.  You aren't actually being pulled.  However when one breaks, your body gets extremely confused as there is no liken-able physical sensation. This can lead to one of two things, an uncanny impossibly strong feeling of relief that can make you fall asleep or other such things such as feeling extreme happiness or hyperactivity, or an almost drunken stupor that can lead to hasty action where you might make a mistake and do things you normally wouldn't do.  Or alternatively, a sudden feeling of extreme stress, leading to anger and aggression, more often to the first unless you consider yourself more inclined towards violent behavior and aggressive tendancies.  Having more than one anchor protects against this unless they are all broken really close in time to each other, or the last one is broken long after the others have been."   She coats the pad in a oil that smells of alcohol and rubs it down softly until it dries using a rag.  It appears she just sterilized the padded mat for you while she spoke, answering your question to the best of her ability.  She washes the figurine with the same cleaning oil as well and lays it on the stand nearby to keep it out of the way for now. 

”It’s a good thing that the wards going to be buried then, as neither of those options sound pleasant. This kind of work you do must always be complex... and I do not mind taking of my shirt, as you’ve already taken me to dinner, though I am curious. You don’t happen to be an almalgmation between Sandrine and Azureis, as that would explain the stone and your previous claim. I do quite remember you coming to my theatre so that we could do a little exchange.”
Feizel would take off his shirt with gusto and lay down on the mat, occasionally glancing st the stone, still wary of what the golem might have done to it, if anything

"The stone has always been mine...  Azureis died in the park though.  Just like her brother.  However I managed to retain what remained of her afterwards, unlike her brother.  At the theater, I initially used an illusion to appear as an Avali.   Now, I actually am, thanks to azureis."   She seems to constantly gloss over something there.  It's making it obvious that she's hiding something on that particular subject.  And as Feizel removed his shirt she blushed, despite herself, her face darkening with a blush visible beneath her coat once more.  But she doesn't falter this time even though she failed to hide her staring.  meanwhile she readied a brush, and a pencil of some sort, before quickly placing several of the quartz cards directly upon his chest. 

"Please relax to your best ability."  She reminded him before she began deftly scribing in black ink upon the quartz cards.  Unfortunately Feizel wouldn't have a good view, but if he tried to move, Sa'Nadil would just end up forcing him to relax and lay straight again.  With a disapproving "Don't move."  it would be cold, and possibly tickle quite a bit.  but after a few minutes, she merely flicked at the first quartz card, then the next.  One by one as they bounded off, but the text remained floating just above the surface of his body.  Each one she removed lent a soft tingling feeling to fill him.  like everything was going numb.  And without any response, the last one went too.  with a soft crackle, a feeling of sudden emptiness would fill feizel.  As his face blanked as if he'd suddenly become absent.  The feeling of distance from himself, numbness, blindness, lack of sight filled him.  Complete isolation.  Doubts begin to circulate unbound, as she said they would.

(07-07-2019, 12:24 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:
(07-07-2019, 11:40 AM)achroma Wrote: ”It’s a good thing that the wards going to be buried then, as neither of those options sound pleasant. This kind of work you do must always be complex... and I do not mind taking of my shirt, as you’ve already taken me to dinner, though I am curious. You don’t happen to be an almalgmation between Sandrine and Azureis, as that would explain the stone and your previous claim. I do quite remember you coming to my theatre so that we could do a little exchange.”

"The stone has always been mine...  Azureis died in the park though.  Just like her brother.  However I managed to retain what remained of her afterwards, unlike her brother.  At the theater, I initially used an illusion to appear as an Avali.   Now, I actually am, thanks to azureis."   She seems to constantly gloss over something there.  It's making it obvious that she's hiding something on that particular subject.  And as Feizel removed his shirt she blushed, despite herself, her face darkening with a blush visible beneath her coat once more.  But she doesn't falter this time even though she failed to hide her staring.  meanwhile she readied a brush, and a pencil of some sort, before quickly placing several of the quartz cards directly upon his chest. 

"Please relax to your best ability."  She reminded him before she began deftly scribing in black ink upon the quartz cards.  Unfortunately Feizel wouldn't have a good view, but if he tried to move, Sa'Nadil would just end up forcing him to relax and lay straight again.  With a disapproving "Don't move."  it would be cold, and possibly tickle quite a bit.  but after a few minutes, she merely flicked at the first quartz card, then the next.  One by one as they bounded off, but the text remained floating just above the surface of his body.  Each one she removed lent a soft tingling feeling to fill him.  like everything was going numb.  And without any response, the last one went too.  with a soft crackle, a feeling of sudden emptiness would fill feizel.  As his face blanked as if he'd suddenly become absent.  The feeling of distance from himself, numbness, blindness, lack of sight filled him.  Complete isolation.  Doubts begin to circulate unbound, as she said they would.
Feizel would remain calm, as instructed. So this is how it fell to lack tangibility... a state of existing non existence. It was odd... it couldn’t be death, as that would be total non existence... did Feizel exist...? If he couldn’t see or feel, how could he know he was real? What was real? Was anything real? He would stop himself. He was overthinking this whole experience, trying to find meaning where there was none. He hoped that it would be quick, and tried to distract himself, trying to figure out exactly Sa’Nadil was hiding

(07-07-2019, 02:07 PM)achroma Wrote:
(07-07-2019, 12:24 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: "The stone has always been mine...  Azureis died in the park though.  Just like her brother.  However I managed to retain what remained of her afterwards, unlike her brother.  At the theater, I initially used an illusion to appear as an Avali.   Now, I actually am, thanks to azureis."   She seems to constantly gloss over something there.  It's making it obvious that she's hiding something on that particular subject.  And as Feizel removed his shirt she blushed, despite herself, her face darkening with a blush visible beneath her coat once more.  But she doesn't falter this time even though she failed to hide her staring.  meanwhile she readied a brush, and a pencil of some sort, before quickly placing several of the quartz cards directly upon his chest. 

Feizel would remain calm, as instructed. So this is how it fell to lack tangibility... a state of existing non existence. It was odd... it couldn’t be death, as that would be total non existence... did Feizel exist...? If he couldn’t see or feel, how could he know he was real? What was real? Was anything real? He would stop himself. He was overthinking this whole experience, trying to find meaning where there was none. He hoped that it would be quick, and tried to distract himself, trying to figure out exactly Sa’Nadil was hiding.

A sudden tugging pulled at him, with a strong force, it made him suddenly feel like he was both moving very quickly and not moving at all, as if he was slowly being pulled apart somehow without having a body.  Stronger, and stronger, and then it stopped.  Slowly, sensation of some sort started to return.  Suddenly, everything rushed back, feeling like a heavy impact as he was almost forced to wakefulness, as if he'd been wide awake this entire time, but far more out of it than normally possible.  Sa'Nadil stood above him now, washing him softly with a soft cloth to remove the ink stains from his chest.  A soft smell of burned oil lingered in the air, and the figurine is inside of Feizel's right hand.  "You okay yet?"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 07-08-2019

(07-07-2019, 10:42 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:
(07-07-2019, 02:07 PM)achroma Wrote: Feizel would remain calm, as instructed. So this is how it fell to lack tangibility... a state of existing non existence. It was odd... it couldn’t be death, as that would be total non existence... did Feizel exist...? If he couldn’t see or feel, how could he know he was real? What was real? Was anything real? He would stop himself. He was overthinking this whole experience, trying to find meaning where there was none. He hoped that it would be quick, and tried to distract himself, trying to figure out exactly Sa’Nadil was hiding.

A sudden tugging pulled at him, with a strong force, it made him suddenly feel like he was both moving very quickly and not moving at all, as if he was slowly being pulled apart somehow without having a body.  Stronger, and stronger, and then it stopped.  Slowly, sensation of some sort started to return.  Suddenly, everything rushed back, feeling like a heavy impact as he was almost forced to wakefulness, as if he'd been wide awake this entire time, but far more out of it than normally possible.  Sa'Nadil stood above him now, washing him softly with a soft cloth to remove the ink stains from his chest.  A soft smell of burned oil lingered in the air, and the figurine is inside of Feizel's right hand.  "You okay yet?"

”I’m doing quite well considering all things Nadil, although I feel... tired almost? It’s hard to put into words. An advanced tiredness if you would. He would watch Sa’Nadil work away The Ink and remain relaxed on the mat, as if this were normal “I noticed you blushing back there... is there something you want to say or just keep this strictly to business?”

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 07-08-2019

(07-08-2019, 02:26 AM)achroma Wrote:
(07-07-2019, 10:42 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: A sudden tugging pulled at him, with a strong force, it made him suddenly feel like he was both moving very quickly and not moving at all, as if he was slowly being pulled apart somehow without having a body.  Stronger, and stronger, and then it stopped.  Slowly, sensation of some sort started to return.  Suddenly, everything rushed back, feeling like a heavy impact as he was almost forced to wakefulness, as if he'd been wide awake this entire time, but far more out of it than normally possible.  Sa'Nadil stood above him now, washing him softly with a soft cloth to remove the ink stains from his chest.  A soft smell of burned oil lingered in the air, and the figurine is inside of Feizel's right hand.  "You okay yet?"

”I’m doing quite well considering all things Nadil, although I feel... tired almost? It’s hard to put into words. An advanced tiredness if you would. He would watch Sa’Nadil work away The Ink and remain relaxed on the mat, as if this were normal “I noticed you blushing back there... is there something you want to say or just keep this strictly to business?”

Her face flushes slightly as he brings it up, but she refuses to respond to the question.  Business preferred.  "That's normal.  Should only be momentary..  But the anchoring is done."  She hands him back his shirt.  Most of the stuff has been stowed supposedly, the oils and powder jars are missing.  And she blows out the candle that had been burning near your side.  Tsking herself as she picks up the fragments of one of the quartz cards she'd used.  She'd accidentally broken one it seems.  "Damn..."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 07-08-2019

(07-08-2019, 08:10 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:
(07-08-2019, 02:26 AM)achroma Wrote: ”I’m doing quite well considering all things Nadil, although I feel... tired almost? It’s hard to put into words. An advanced tiredness if you would. He would watch Sa’Nadil work away The Ink and remain relaxed on the mat, as if this were normal “I noticed you blushing back there... is there something you want to say or just keep this strictly to business?”

Her face flushes slightly as he brings it up, but she refuses to respond to the question.  Business preferred.  "That's normal.  Should only be momentary..  But the anchoring is done."  She hands him back his shirt.  Most of the stuff has been stowed supposedly, the oils and powder jars are missing.  And she blows out the candle that had been burning near your side.  Tsking herself as she picks up the fragments of one of the quartz cards she'd used.  She'd accidentally broken one it seems.  "Damn..."

Feizel would quietly puts his shirt back on, careful not to make a show, and stands back up to take a look around, examining the stone figurine while he was at it. “I would imagine those quartz card aren’t cheap... do they usual break?”

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 07-08-2019

(07-08-2019, 09:23 AM)achroma Wrote:
(07-08-2019, 08:10 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: Her face flushes slightly as he brings it up, but she refuses to respond to the question.  Business preferred.  "That's normal.  Should only be momentary..  But the anchoring is done."  She hands him back his shirt.  Most of the stuff has been stowed supposedly, the oils and powder jars are missing.  And she blows out the candle that had been burning near your side.  Tsking herself as she picks up the fragments of one of the quartz cards she'd used.  She'd accidentally broken one it seems.  "Damn..."

Feizel would quietly puts his shirt back on, careful not to make a show, and stands back up to take a look around, examining the stone figurine while he was at it. “I would imagine those quartz card aren’t cheap... do they usual break?”

"No, I was careless.  They aren't necessarily expensive, but it's definitely annoying to get replacements."  She straightens everything and helps Feizel up and out of the way. before picking the mat up and carefully sliding it back where she got it.