Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 07-21-2019

(07-21-2019, 04:28 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:
(07-20-2019, 02:27 PM)achroma Wrote: “I can just find an inn back in town, as it would appear that this is no mere minor inconvenience. Besides, there’s nowhere for me to sleep here, and I don’t want to be intrusive. I hope the cart operator is still here and or alive...”
Feizel would make his way over to the door, making sure he didn’t leave anything behind, making sure he took the stone figurine with him

"Good luck.  Sorry that I don't have any way to keep you over, It isn't safe."  The last bit from Sa'Nadil was barely audible as she wished him well.  The door swinging softly closed behind Feizel.

The driver stood next to his cart, speaking with a guard, though rather casually now, leads to the possible conclusion that the guard's been there for a bit already.  Nearby a vehicle is parked on the road.  A greyscale vehicle that looks capable of travel both by air and ground, as it remains slightly suspended above the ground by the glowing tread of hard-light projectors at it's base.  There's at least three other guards near the treeline, constantly on their radios.  None of them seem to have noticed your exit from the building yet.  Though the guard the driver's been talking to raises her eyes to your presence momentarily before nodding again to the driver rather relaxedly.
“Sorry that I took me so long... didn’t expect to take so long. Turns out it takes quite awhile to boil water for tea when you watch the kettle. Is everything alright out here officers?”

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 07-21-2019

(07-21-2019, 04:37 PM)achroma Wrote:
(07-21-2019, 04:28 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: "Good luck.  Sorry that I don't have any way to keep you over, It isn't safe."  The last bit from Sa'Nadil was barely audible as she wished him well.  The door swinging softly closed behind Feizel.

The driver stood next to his cart, speaking with a guard, though rather casually now, leads to the possible conclusion that the guard's been there for a bit already.  Nearby a vehicle is parked on the road.  A greyscale vehicle that looks capable of travel both by air and ground, as it remains slightly suspended above the ground by the glowing tread of hard-light projectors at it's base.  There's at least three other guards near the treeline, constantly on their radios.  None of them seem to have noticed your exit from the building yet.  Though the guard the driver's been talking to raises her eyes to your presence momentarily before nodding again to the driver rather relaxedly.
“Sorry that I took me so long... didn’t expect to take so long. Turns out it takes quite awhile to boil water for tea when you watch the kettle. Is everything alright out here officers?”

The guard merely nods silently as the driver finally turns and notices your presence.  "Oh, that mean you're ready to go then?  Should be safe now."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 07-21-2019

(07-21-2019, 07:56 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:
(07-21-2019, 04:37 PM)achroma Wrote: “Sorry that I took me so long... didn’t expect to take so long. Turns out it takes quite awhile to boil water for tea when you watch the kettle. Is everything alright out here officers?”

The guard merely nods silently as the driver finally turns and notices your presence.  "Oh, that mean you're ready to go then?  Should be safe now."

“Yeah, I’m definitely ready to go. Just take me back to where you picked me up at

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 07-26-2019

(07-21-2019, 09:12 PM)achroma Wrote:
(07-21-2019, 07:56 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: The guard merely nods silently as the driver finally turns and notices your presence.  "Oh, that mean you're ready to go then?  Should be safe now."

“Yeah, I’m definitely ready to go. Just take me back to where you picked me up at

//I put about twenty hours(in 2 days) into working on a divinity original sin 2 GM mode campaign and wore myself out.  Still slow as backlash from that.

"Eh, will do, buckle up." They lowered the step on the cart again to let Feizel climb back in easily.  Weapon at their back tightly slung to their body this time, although it's length makes it jut up past their shoulder still.  "Should be more relaxing on the way back.  Bandits'll stay away with guards scouring and securing the area."  He just waves at the guard without a word as parting.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 07-27-2019

(07-26-2019, 05:12 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:
(07-21-2019, 09:12 PM)achroma Wrote: “Yeah, I’m definitely ready to go. Just take me back to where you picked me up at

//I put about twenty hours(in 2 days) into working on a divinity original sin 2 GM mode campaign and wore myself out.  Still slow as backlash from that.

"Eh, will do, buckle up." They lowered the step on the cart again to let Feizel climb back in easily.  Weapon at their back tightly slung to their body this time, although it's length makes it jut up past their shoulder still.  "Should be more relaxing on the way back.  Bandits'll stay away with guards scouring and securing the area."  He just waves at the guard without a word as parting.

“Did the guards find anything in their search, or was it inconclusive? Because I didn’t expect this many guards to show up for this to be honest with you...”

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 07-31-2019

(07-27-2019, 02:11 PM)achroma Wrote:
(07-26-2019, 05:12 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: //I put about twenty hours(in 2 days) into working on a divinity original sin 2 GM mode campaign and wore myself out.  Still slow as backlash from that.

“Did the guards find anything in their search, or was it inconclusive? Because I didn’t expect this many guards to show up for this to be honest with you...”

"They didn't initially..  There was only two.  But they checked it out and called in support.  You didn't hear the shooting from inside?  They got attacked, but nobody got hurt thankfully.  So they got more guards out here to check out the area.  Turns out we were luckier than I thought not to get attacked.  That my shot didn't encourage them to attack..." 
They keyed the horse up quickly this time as it's body unfolded and it shuffled forwards slowly at first.  It would make good time, able to travel slightly faster back with the knowledge that the road was being watched more specifically by the guards for now.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 08-02-2019

(07-31-2019, 04:20 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:
(07-27-2019, 02:11 PM)achroma Wrote: “Did the guards find anything in their search, or was it inconclusive? Because I didn’t expect this many guards to show up for this to be honest with you...”

"They didn't initially..  There was only two.  But they checked it out and called in support.  You didn't hear the shooting from inside?  They got attacked, but nobody got hurt thankfully.  So they got more guards out here to check out the area.  Turns out we were luckier than I thought not to get attacked.  That my shot didn't encourage them to attack..." 
They keyed the horse up quickly this time as it's body unfolded and it shuffled forwards slowly at first.  It would make good time, able to travel slightly faster back with the knowledge that the road was being watched more specifically by the guards for now.

”I didn’t hear any gunshots from outside while I was attending to business... regardless, it’s good to hear that everyone kept all of their blood in their bodies. Maybe it was just luck, pure luck”

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 08-05-2019

(08-02-2019, 12:52 PM)achroma Wrote:
(07-31-2019, 04:20 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:

”I didn’t hear any gunshots from outside while I was attending to business... regardless, it’s good to hear that everyone kept all of their blood in their bodies. Maybe it was just luck, pure luck”

"Wow, those must be some well sealed walls then.."  town was already coming into view this time, luckily the wagon's suspension was keeping the carriage from bumping too much, although the speed made each bump of the road more noticable.  "I'm hoping it wasn't just lucky, I'd prefer not to run out of luck too soon."  Was that an attempt at humor?

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 08-07-2019

(08-05-2019, 07:13 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:
(08-02-2019, 12:52 PM)achroma Wrote: ”I didn’t hear any gunshots from outside while I was attending to business... regardless, it’s good to hear that everyone kept all of their blood in their bodies. Maybe it was just luck, pure luck”

"Wow, those must be some well sealed walls then.."  town was already coming into view this time, luckily the wagon's suspension was keeping the carriage from bumping too much, although the speed made each bump of the road more noticable.  "I'm hoping it wasn't just lucky, I'd prefer not to run out of luck too soon."  Was that an attempt at humor?

“Luck is a fickle mistress my dear driver. Best not mess with her, least you get struck by lighting. How close to the house were these said bandits?”

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 08-10-2019

(08-07-2019, 11:03 PM)achroma Wrote:
(08-05-2019, 07:13 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: "Wow, those must be some well sealed walls then.."  town was already coming into view this time, luckily the wagon's suspension was keeping the carriage from bumping too much, although the speed made each bump of the road more noticable.  "I'm hoping it wasn't just lucky, I'd prefer not to run out of luck too soon."  Was that an attempt at humor?

“Luck is a fickle mistress my dear driver. Best not mess with her, least you get struck by lighting. How close to the house were these said bandits?”

"No bandits.  A pack of those beasties tried attacking, but they ran off when a few of them were quickly injured.  I guess the guards can just be thankful that the hardlight shield braces are standard issue."  Town was close, they'd be at the stop in a minute at best already, as the road flattened out on the more worn sections of road.  Passing in between the first buildings, couple guards visible on the edge of town walking about.  It looked like the guard was going to be on alert for a while.  Although it'd initially reduce the amount of bandit action in the area.  Within a day or two it was probably going to cause a burst of aggressive activity. All because the wildlife was acting up. "Great..."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 08-10-2019

(08-10-2019, 02:11 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:
(08-07-2019, 11:03 PM)achroma Wrote: “Luck is a fickle mistress my dear driver. Best not mess with her, least you get struck by lighting. How close to the house were these said bandits?”

"No bandits.  A pack of those beasties tried attacking, but they ran off when a few of them were quickly injured.  I guess the guards can just be thankful that the hardlight shield braces are standard issue."  Town was close, they'd be at the stop in a minute at best already, as the road flattened out on the more worn sections of road.  Passing in between the first buildings, couple guards visible on the edge of town walking about.  It looked like the guard was going to be on alert for a while.  Although it'd initially reduce the amount of bandit action in the area.  Within a day or two it was probably going to cause a burst of aggressive activity. All because the wildlife was acting up. "Great..."

“Do these “beasties” of yours usually go after people? It’s not often I get put into these situations, so I’m a bit limited on my knowlage of flora and fauna.”

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 08-16-2019

(08-10-2019, 11:53 PM)achroma Wrote:
(08-10-2019, 02:11 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: "No bandits.  A pack of those beasties tried attacking, but they ran off when a few of them were quickly injured.  I guess the guards can just be thankful that the hardlight shield braces are standard issue."  Town was close, they'd be at the stop in a minute at best already, as the road flattened out on the more worn sections of road.  Passing in between the first buildings, couple guards visible on the edge of town walking about.  It looked like the guard was going to be on alert for a while.  Although it'd initially reduce the amount of bandit action in the area.  Within a day or two it was probably going to cause a burst of aggressive activity.  All because the wildlife was acting up.  "Great..."

“Do these “beasties” of yours usually go after people? It’s not often I get put into these situations, so I’m a bit limited on my knowlage of flora and fauna.”

"Didn't I already..?  Ah never-mind, we're here."  The carriage stopped as they kicked the step down again.  "Payment's already been billed by the way."  Offers Feizel a hand to help him down.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 08-18-2019

(08-16-2019, 06:13 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:
(08-10-2019, 11:53 PM)achroma Wrote: “Do these “beasties” of yours usually go after people? It’s not often I get put into these situations, so I’m a bit limited on my knowlage of flora and fauna.”

"Didn't I already..?  Ah never-mind, we're here."  The carriage stopped as they kicked the step down again.  "Payment's already been billed by the way."  Offers Feizel a hand to help him down.
Feizel would take his hand as he stepped down and off the carriage. “Thank you for the ride. Hopefully I didn’t cause you too much trouble?”

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 08-21-2019

(08-18-2019, 02:58 PM)achroma Wrote:
(08-16-2019, 06:13 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: "Didn't I already..?  Ah never-mind, we're here."  The carriage stopped as they kicked the step down again.  "Payment's already been billed by the way."  Offers Feizel a hand to help him down.
Feizel would take his hand as he stepped down and off the carriage. “Thank you for the ride. Hopefully I didn’t cause you too much trouble?”

"None at all, it's usually quite a bit slower, and some days I don't even get customers.  Any business is appreciated, so thank you."  He steps down off the carriage himself as well, now holding the remote that was previously attached to the wagon.  As he starts disconnecting the metal horse without really stopping for a moment.  "I do hope you have an alright rest of your day.  I'll be heading to report in to main transit before heading a-home."  He offers Feizel a two fingered salute as parting, starting to pull slightly at the cloth wraps that had been hiding his whole form this entire time as he walked away.  A pointed ear is revealed, poking from beneath the left side where some of the cloth started loosely pooling.  Blood red skin with slight white bands running across it.  Not much visible yet though.  With the horse unhitched from the wagon it begins stiffly trotting after them with the soft familiar padded thunk of it's fake, padded, metal hooves.  Almost bumping into Feizel on it's way, but briefly adjusting such that it avoided any actual contact at all, even if barely.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 08-25-2019

(08-21-2019, 08:11 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:
(08-18-2019, 02:58 PM)achroma Wrote: Feizel would take his hand as he stepped down and off the carriage. “Thank you for the ride. Hopefully I didn’t cause you too much trouble?”

"None at all, it's usually quite a bit slower, and some days I don't even get customers.  Any business is appreciated, so thank you."  He steps down off the carriage himself as well, now holding the remote that was previously attached to the wagon.  As he starts disconnecting the metal horse without really stopping for a moment.  "I do hope you have an alright rest of your day.  I'll be heading to report in to main transit before heading a-home."  He offers Feizel a two fingered salute as parting, starting to pull slightly at the cloth wraps that had been hiding his whole form this entire time as he walked away.  A pointed ear is revealed, poking from beneath the left side where some of the cloth started loosely pooling.  Blood red skin with slight white bands running across it.  Not much visible yet though.  With the horse unhitched from the wagon it begins stiffly trotting after them with the soft familiar padded thunk of it's fake, padded, metal hooves.  Almost bumping into Feizel on it's way, but briefly adjusting such that it avoided any actual contact at all, even if barely.
Feizel would let out a yelp of surprise as the horse passed. He knew what a normal horse could do to a man, let alone one made of metal and steel. He would regard that single, misplaced ear with an interest
“One last thing If you don’t mind... what exactly are you?”

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 08-28-2019

(08-25-2019, 02:54 PM)achroma Wrote:
(08-21-2019, 08:11 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: "None at all, it's usually quite a bit slower, and some days I don't even get customers.  Any business is appreciated, so thank you."  He steps down off the carriage himself as well, now holding the remote that was previously attached to the wagon.  As he starts disconnecting the metal horse without really stopping for a moment.  "I do hope you have an alright rest of your day.  I'll be heading to report in to main transit before heading a-home."  He offers Feizel a two fingered salute as parting, starting to pull slightly at the cloth wraps that had been hiding his whole form this entire time as he walked away.  A pointed ear is revealed, poking from beneath the left side where some of the cloth started loosely pooling.  Blood red skin with slight white bands running across it.  Not much visible yet though.  With the horse unhitched from the wagon it begins stiffly trotting after them with the soft familiar padded thunk of it's fake, padded, metal hooves.  Almost bumping into Feizel on it's way, but briefly adjusting such that it avoided any actual contact at all, even if barely.
Feizel would let out a yelp of surprise as the horse passed. He knew what a normal horse could do to a man, let alone one made of metal and steel. He would regard that single, misplaced ear with an interest

They stop after a moment, turning over their shoulder to look at Feizel for a moment before stopping and shrugging.  "Not the most polite way to ask a question like that..."  They've slowed down their unraveling of the cloth quite a bit in order to respond as they come to a full stop, the horse stopping automatically with them too.  "But I am a Shiae.[She-ay]."  More of the cloth wrappings drop down laying about their shoulders instead now, as leathery blood red skin with small marbled streaks of straight white is revealed.  Hair of the same red peeking from the cloth that still remains, the mask still worn and partially tied on covering their face and eyes.  "That weird to you?"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 09-04-2019

(08-28-2019, 02:36 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:
(08-25-2019, 02:54 PM)achroma Wrote: Feizel would let out a yelp of surprise as the horse passed. He knew what a normal horse could do to a man, let alone one made of metal and steel. He would regard that single, misplaced ear with an interest

They stop after a moment, turning over their shoulder to look at Feizel for a moment before stopping and shrugging.  "Not the most polite way to ask a question like that..."  They've slowed down their unraveling of the cloth quite a bit in order to respond as they come to a full stop, the horse stopping automatically with them too.  "But I am a Shiae.[She-ay]."  More of the cloth wrappings drop down laying about their shoulders instead now, as leathery blood red skin with small marbled streaks of straight white is revealed.  Hair of the same red peeking from the cloth that still remains, the mask still worn and partially tied on covering their face and eyes.  "That weird to you?"
“I think that questions rather weighted and rehortical in nature, don’t you think? Anyhow, I don’t think I’ve seen anything quite like you. I think an explanation would quell my curiosity if you don’t mind”

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 09-07-2019

(09-04-2019, 01:36 AM)achroma Wrote:
(08-28-2019, 02:36 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: They stop after a moment, turning over their shoulder to look at Feizel for a moment before stopping and shrugging.  "Not the most polite way to ask a question like that..."  They've slowed down their unraveling of the cloth quite a bit in order to respond as they come to a full stop, the horse stopping automatically with them too.  "But I am a Shiae.[She-ay]."  More of the cloth wrappings drop down laying about their shoulders instead now, as leathery blood red skin with small marbled streaks of straight white is revealed.  Hair of the same red peeking from the cloth that still remains, the mask still worn and partially tied on covering their face and eyes.  "That weird to you?"
“I think that questions rather weighted and rehortical in nature, don’t you think? Anyhow, I don’t think I’ve seen anything quite like you. I think an explanation would quell my curiosity if you don’t mind”

"Explanation of what?"  They've finally removed the mask, revealing a rather small almost childish face beneath, their voice softening and raising in pitch slightly now that it no longer is passing through the mask.  things don't seem to add up though.  their head seems small somehow, but then, they're covered in thick layers of cloth and a cloak.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - achroma - 09-10-2019

(09-07-2019, 03:19 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:
(09-04-2019, 01:36 AM)achroma Wrote: “I think that questions rather weighted and rehortical in nature, don’t you think? Anyhow, I don’t think I’ve seen anything quite like you. I think an explanation would quell my curiosity if you don’t mind”

"Explanation of what?"  They've finally removed the mask, revealing a rather small almost childish face beneath, their voice softening and raising in pitch slightly now that it no longer is passing through the mask.  things don't seem to add up though.  their head seems small somehow, but then, they're covered in thick layers of cloth and a cloak.

“For starters, where did you come from? The portal nexus I assume? Furthermore, why do you cover yourself so heavily? Are you hiding, and if so, from who and or what exactly?”
Feizel would lean in with a sense of curiosity. He had not seen anything quite like him

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 09-13-2019

(09-10-2019, 08:30 PM)achroma Wrote:
(09-07-2019, 03:19 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: "Explanation of what?"  They've finally removed the mask, revealing a rather small almost childish face beneath, their voice softening and raising in pitch slightly now that it no longer is passing through the mask.  things don't seem to add up though.  their head seems small somehow, but then, they're covered in thick layers of cloth and a cloak.

“For starters, where did you come from? The portal nexus I assume? Furthermore, why do you cover yourself so heavily? Are you hiding, and if so, from who and or what exactly?”
Feizel would lean in with a sense of curiosity. He had not seen anything quite like him

They've started eying feizel somewhat offhandedly now.  For a moment they seem to be thinking whether or not they should respond.  "Is that what they call it..?  I hide only from the cold, and other times, the humidity.  Desert worlds.  Though I guess my appearance may otherwise unnerve some.."  Having begun to wrap the stray cloth straps about his shoulders as you would a scarf now, creating a rounded bunch of cloth sort of like a collar. Once more the cloth is tied up to surround their head.  But this time only up to their nose, bound and wrapped even thicker.   Their bright yellow eyes still poking above it. There must be bindings hidden among the cloth straps otherwise it would have just flopped back down though.  Their mask now hangs softly at their right side, strung about their left shoulder by a thin strap, leaving it suspended at their side.  Though their weapon suddenly seems absent.  "I'm wearing a mechanical suit underneath this...  It's why my movements might seem stiff.  It's cold though.  You're free to follow if you really are that interested, but I kinda need to go."   They turn and start walking somewhat quickly now down the walk as the horse starts to follow once more.  As they'd spoken, their words slowly got bit by bit more rushed before they'd started to move again.