Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Ehksidian - 11-08-2015

(11-08-2015, 12:26 AM)Surge Wrote:
(11-08-2015, 12:24 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: "...Ah. Would you, uh, prefer talking somewhere else? I just...I don't know, you seem familiar to me. Did you, uh...have any dreams or anything?"

I don't know should I be concerned for my privacy? I mean I suppose it IS a public place...also I...well...I'm not really capable of dreaming anymore.

"Mhm...alright. I mean, we could go somewhere else if you wanted to. And...hm. It's odd. There have been a few people that seemed really familiar, and we all had a strange 'dream' of sorts. There was someone named Surge, and...well, they also were mechanical." Wurg shrugged. "Guess it's just coincidence, though."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 11-08-2015

(11-08-2015, 12:31 AM)Ehksidian Wrote:
(11-08-2015, 12:26 AM)Surge Wrote: I don't know should I be concerned for my privacy? I mean I suppose it IS a public place...also I...well...I'm not really capable of dreaming anymore.

"Mhm...alright. I mean, we could go somewhere else if you wanted to. And...hm. It's odd. There have been a few people that seemed really familiar, and we all had a strange 'dream' of sorts. There was someone named Surge, and...well, they also were mechanical." Wurg shrugged. "Guess it's just coincidence, though."
Could be a different version of myself, I have a, uh, friend who assures that many different universes have parallels to certain individuals. Also I suppose we should indeed get out of people's way...

(11-08-2015, 12:35 AM)Surge Wrote:
(11-08-2015, 12:31 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: "Mhm...alright. I mean, we could go somewhere else if you wanted to. And...hm. It's odd. There have been a few people that seemed really familiar, and we all had a strange 'dream' of sorts. There was someone named Surge, and...well, they also were mechanical." Wurg shrugged. "Guess it's just coincidence, though."
Could be a different version of myself, I have a, uh, friend who assures that many different universes have parallels to certain individuals. Also I suppose we should indeed get out of people's way...

"Guess so..." She glanced around, and located a small, unoccupied sitting area. "Over here, we won't be in people's ways." Her pace was brisk, and she made her way to the sitting area.

(11-08-2015, 12:38 AM)Ehksidian Wrote:
(11-08-2015, 12:35 AM)Surge Wrote: Could be a different version of myself, I have a, uh, friend who assures that many different universes have parallels to certain individuals. Also I suppose we should indeed get out of people's way...

"Guess so..." She glanced around, and located a small, unoccupied sitting area. "Over here, we won't be in people's ways." Her pace was brisk, and she made her way to the sitting area.
*Surge quickly followed, taking care not to bump into anyone in the crowd as he went*

(11-08-2015, 12:40 AM)Surge Wrote:
(11-08-2015, 12:38 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: "Guess so..." She glanced around, and located a small, unoccupied sitting area. "Over here, we won't be in people's ways." Her pace was brisk, and she made her way to the sitting area.
*Surge quickly followed, taking care not to bump into anyone in the crowd as he went*

Wurg was already sitting down on one of the benches. She gestured to one of the various other seats. "So...you, uh, said you had a spat with a previous employer? What kind of job did you even have?"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - AustinLB90 - 11-08-2015

*Austin locks up his shop but from the outside this time, he plans to find something fun in this town* *Austin begins to explore the town going anywhere and everywhere*

Nexus RP: Rebirth - Marxon - 11-08-2015

*meanwhile the dilapidated ship engages autopilot and by some miracle docks successfully into the station, quite the sight as it has no living crew and the strong stench from when the two atmospheres equalize could only be described as "Hell's butthole" flooding the entire station within minutes*

// i feel bad now...

(11-08-2015, 12:48 AM)Ehksidian Wrote:
(11-08-2015, 12:40 AM)Surge Wrote: *Surge quickly followed, taking care not to bump into anyone in the crowd as he went*

Wurg was already sitting down on one of the benches. She gestured to one of the various other seats. "So...you, uh, said you had a spat with a previous employer? What kind of job did you even have?"
*Surge took a seat nearby* well, I did a lot of...well I wouldn't say it was strictly legal, actually it was more strictly illegal, I was a freelance weaponsmith and I did what was generally considered military grade work on the black market, but I also had a rather under the table agreement with an actual military supplier, I contributed to their R&D efforts and they contributed to my black market efforts with materials. Then my agreement with them ran up the grapevine so to speak and the military was rather angry that I'd been receiving military hardware and putting it on the black market, so they came to shut me down and shut me up, I didn't figure I could hide myself from any professional military indefinitely but I didn't want to die either. Anyways I had been doing a lot of cybernetics work at that time, I prided myself on a fairly diverse engineering portfolio, and one thing I had been working on was creating a purely digital replica of the brain, so I decided to create a copy of myself like that and hide the core as well as possible.....I don't really know what happened to, I suppose, the "real" me, I never saw a body but my core had been inert for a very long time when the aforementioned friend found me and reactivated me. At least I think I had, really the worst part of it all is that I have no way of knowing how much or how my functions decayed over those years.

(11-08-2015, 01:04 AM)Marxon Wrote: *meanwhile the dilapidated ship engages autopilot and by some miracle docks successfully into the station, quite the sight as it has no living crew and the strong stench from when the two atmospheres equalize could only be described as "Hell's butthole" flooding the entire station within minutes*

// i feel bad now...

//don't worry they sould be payed to handle anything and it includes your horrifying ship

(11-08-2015, 01:05 AM)Surge Wrote:
(11-08-2015, 12:48 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: Wurg was already sitting down on one of the benches. She gestured to one of the various other seats. "So...you, uh, said you had a spat with a previous employer? What kind of job did you even have?"
*Surge took a seat nearby* well, I did a lot of...well I wouldn't say it was strictly legal, actually it was more strictly illegal, I was a freelance weaponsmith and I did what was generally considered military grade work on the black market, but I also had a rather under the table agreement with an actual military supplier, I contributed to their R&D efforts and they contributed to my black market efforts with materials. Then my agreement with them ran up the grapevine so to speak and the military was rather angry that I'd been receiving military hardware and putting it on the black market, so they came to shut me down and shut me up, I didn't figure I could hide myself from any professional military indefinitely but I didn't want to die either. Anyways I had been doing a lot of cybernetics work at that time, I prided myself on a fairly diverse engineering portfolio, and one thing I had been working on was creating a purely digital replica of the brain, so I decided to create a copy of myself like that and hide the core as well as possible.....I don't really know what happened to, I suppose, the "real" me, I never saw a body but my core had been inert for a very long time when the aforementioned friend found me and reactivated me. At least I think I had, really the worst part of it all is that I have no way of knowing how much or how my functions decayed over those years.

"Well...damn..." Wurg shook her head. "Mhm, suppose it's only right if I said how I got mine...er, how I think I got mine. That is, if you're interested. We could just...talk about stuff, I guess."

(11-08-2015, 01:15 AM)Ehksidian Wrote:
(11-08-2015, 01:05 AM)Surge Wrote: *Surge took a seat nearby* well, I did a lot of...well I wouldn't say it was strictly legal, actually it was more strictly illegal, I was a freelance weaponsmith and I did what was generally considered military grade work on the black market, but I also had a rather under the table agreement with an actual military supplier, I contributed to their R&D efforts and they contributed to my black market efforts with materials. Then my agreement with them ran up the grapevine so to speak and the military was rather angry that I'd been receiving military hardware and putting it on the black market, so they came to shut me down and shut me up, I didn't figure I could hide myself from any professional military indefinitely but I didn't want to die either. Anyways I had been doing a lot of cybernetics work at that time, I prided myself on a fairly diverse engineering portfolio, and one thing I had been working on was creating a purely digital replica of the brain, so I decided to create a copy of myself like that and hide the core as well as possible.....I don't really know what happened to, I suppose, the "real" me, I never saw a body but my core had been inert for a very long time when the aforementioned friend found me and reactivated me. At least I think I had, really the worst part of it all is that I have no way of knowing how much or how my functions decayed over those years.

"Well...damn..." Wurg shook her head. "Mhm, suppose it's only right if I said how I got mine...er, how I think I got mine. That is, if you're interested. We could just...talk about stuff, I guess."
Certainly! I don't really have any other plans. I've been rather lost these past few days.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 11-08-2015

(11-07-2015, 10:59 PM)Marxon Wrote: *the doors just suddenly open, and he walks casually and confidently out the airlock*

The stranger follows behind him, still insecure.

(11-08-2015, 01:04 AM)Marxon Wrote: *meanwhile the dilapidated ship engages autopilot and by some miracle docks successfully into the station, quite the sight as it has no living crew and the strong stench from when the two atmospheres equalize could only be described as "Hell's butthole" flooding the entire station within minutes*

// i feel bad now...

The unnamed Avali notices everyone else's cringing.
"Oh, man... Administration's going to be less than happy..."
It doesn't take long for some guards in tough-looking armor to show up. The Avali hides from their view, not wanting to get blamed for the incident- or worse.
"What's going on, and why is there a ship filled with rotting corpses docked here?!"

(11-08-2015, 01:17 AM)Surge Wrote:
(11-08-2015, 01:15 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: "Well...damn..." Wurg shook her head. "Mhm, suppose it's only right if I said how I got mine...er, how I think I got mine. That is, if you're interested. We could just...talk about stuff, I guess."
Certainly! I don't really have any other plans. I've been rather lost these past few days.

"Alright then." Wurg cleared her throat, and began talking.

"From as far as I can gather, I was a forwards scout exploring Nexus 17 for...some reason. Haven't quite remembered why yet. Most likely to find new locations for settlement. Anyways, my group had set up camp within a valley for the night. During the entire journey, we hadn't come across anything that could be deemed 'dangerous', I guess. I was in charge of the midnight shift, just to make sure. Suddenly, noises started happening. I assumed it was just a rockslide, and then more noises happened. Everyone else woke up. Someone told me to run, but by that time some hideous...thing had come from the mouth of the valley and was charging right at us. I don't remember anything after that. It's all just...blank. All I know is that I woke up later, with my cybernetics, and that's it." She slumped back into her seat. "It was...less than pleasant. I don't know if I should be glad I forgot, or what..."

She sniffed the air, and recoiled. "Oh god what the hell is that smell?"

(11-08-2015, 01:28 AM)Ehksidian Wrote:
(11-08-2015, 01:17 AM)Surge Wrote: Certainly! I don't really have any other plans. I've been rather lost these past few days.

"Alright then." Wurg cleared her throat, and began talking.

"From as far as I can gather, I was a forwards scout exploring Nexus 17 for...some reason. Haven't quite remembered why yet. Most likely to find new locations for settlement. Anyways, my group had set up camp within a valley for the night. During the entire journey, we hadn't come across anything that could be deemed 'dangerous', I guess. I was in charge of the midnight shift, just to make sure. Suddenly, noises started happening. I assumed it was just a rockslide, and then more noises happened. Everyone else woke up. Someone told me to run, but by that time some hideous...thing had come from the mouth of the valley and was charging right at us. I don't remember anything after that. It's all just...blank. All I know is that I woke up later, with my cybernetics, and that's it." She slumped back into her seat. "It was...less than pleasant. I don't know if I should be glad I forgot, or what..."

Oh my, so the planet is dangerous?

(11-08-2015, 01:37 AM)Surge Wrote:
(11-08-2015, 01:28 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: "Alright then." Wurg cleared her throat, and began talking.

Oh my, so the planet is dangerous?

"Highly, it was only recently made reinhabitiable..." Wurg coughed and covered her nose with her hoodie. "Good Gaia above that's rancid."

maybe there's something fun i could do on the station, or maybe i should just get a computer and play some flash games.
*he decides whether or not to go the station* ehh i haven't really explored the place so why not. *heads towards the space shuttle,and goes inside riding to the station*

(11-08-2015, 01:39 AM)Ehksidian Wrote:
(11-08-2015, 01:37 AM)Surge Wrote: Oh my, so the planet is dangerous?

"Highly, it was only recently made reinhabitiable..." Wurg coughed and covered her nose with her hoodie. "Good Gaia above that's rancid."
I shall count it a blessing that I cannot actually smell.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Marxon - 11-08-2015

(11-08-2015, 01:23 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(11-07-2015, 10:59 PM)Marxon Wrote: *the doors just suddenly open, and he walks casually and confidently out the airlock*

The stranger follows behind him, still insecure.

// i feel bad now...

The unnamed Avali notices everyone else's cringing.
"Oh, man... Administration's going to be less than happy..."
It doesn't take long for some guards in tough-looking armor to show up. The Avali hides from their view, not wanting to get blamed for the incident- or worse.
"What's going on, and why is there a ship filled with rotting corpses docked here?!"
Yeah hi, that would probably be mine, last surviving crew member, or cargo item.

I can probably pay for the repairs easily with the ammo and gear stored.

(11-08-2015, 01:46 AM)Surge Wrote:
(11-08-2015, 01:39 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: "Highly, it was only recently made reinhabitiable..." Wurg coughed and covered her nose with her hoodie. "Good Gaia above that's rancid."
I shall count it a blessing that I cannot actually smell.

"Yeah, you should...ugh, really hope it dissipates soon..."

(11-08-2015, 01:55 AM)Ehksidian Wrote:
(11-08-2015, 01:46 AM)Surge Wrote: I shall count it a blessing that I cannot actually smell.

"Yeah, you should...ugh, really hope it dissipates soon..."
The station's ventilation should speed that up.