Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - UnamusedAvali - 11-09-2015

Bits of the damaged ship seem to have disappeared.
As have the few bodies remaining
"Okay, I don't think anyone saw me."
"You literally sat there for 5 minutes trying to remove an EVA suit in front of the station's guards"
"Meh, acceptable losses."
"Are you trying to declare war on this station?"
"As I said, it's only illegal if you get caught."

(11-09-2015, 02:06 AM)Marxon Wrote: // i don't see much point in continuing here, oddly enough it's already stale in my eyes.
//RP here never ends well.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - AustinLB90 - 11-09-2015

(11-09-2015, 02:06 AM)Marxon Wrote: // i don't see much point in continuing here, oddly enough it's already stale in my eyes.
//but new marxon will still be a character?

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Marxon - 11-09-2015

(11-09-2015, 02:06 AM)UnamusedAvali Wrote: Bits of the damaged ship seem to have disappeared.
"You literally sat there for 5 minutes trying to remove an EVA suit in front of the station's guards"
*meanwhile a mech almost identical to the other Vanguard storms in with its weapon drawn*

You have property belonging to the owner of this vessel, surrender it immediately or I will reclaim it by force.

// everything electronic on the ship is cataloged by the ai, it knows if something goes missing

// oh and half the stuff has homing beacons, considering how dangerous it is in the wrong hands

(11-09-2015, 02:08 AM)Marxon Wrote:
(11-09-2015, 02:06 AM)UnamusedAvali Wrote: Bits of the damaged ship seem to have disappeared.
*meanwhile a mech almost identical to the other Vanguard storms in with its weapon drawn*

You have property belonging to the owner of this vessel, surrender it immediately.

// everything electronic on the ship is cataloged by the ai, it knows if something goes missing
"Hi, terribly sorry for any inconvenience. Were these bodies your's? Would you like to meet my good friend C.A.I.L? I'm sure you'd get along."
"If he kills you I'm not helping."

(11-09-2015, 02:12 AM)UnamusedAvali Wrote:
(11-09-2015, 02:08 AM)Marxon Wrote: *meanwhile a mech almost identical to the other Vanguard storms in with its weapon drawn*

You have property belonging to the owner of this vessel, surrender it immediately.

"Hi, terribly sorry for any inconvenience. Were these bodies your's? Would you like to meet my good friend C.A.I.L? I'm sure you'd get along."
Step away from the classified materials, you have 15 seconds to comply.

*the android spools up its main gun and aims it at him, it probably has enough firepower to blow a hole in the station*

(11-09-2015, 02:24 AM)Marxon Wrote:
(11-09-2015, 02:12 AM)UnamusedAvali Wrote: "Hi, terribly sorry for any inconvenience. Were these bodies your's? Would you like to meet my good friend C.A.I.L? I'm sure you'd get along."
Step away from the classified materials, you have 15 seconds to comply.

*the android spools up its main gun and aims it at him, it probably has enough firepower to blow a hole in the station*
"C.A.I.L..."
"Disabling weapons systems, scrambling targeting."
"Just EMP the goddamn station!"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 11-09-2015

(gonna stop you guys right there. Hold on I need to type this out.)

(11-09-2015, 02:28 AM)Surge Wrote: (gonna stop you guys right there. Hold on I need to type this out.)
//Righty ho.

(Alright I don't want to be rude and I wanted to let you do your thing but you are talking about trying to EMP a non-military orbital installation home to billions of people, which will, as a best case scenario, cause hundreds if not thousands of deaths do to the instantaneous chaos of a widespread power failure like that, and worst-case is a mass life support failure the station staff is not equipped to repair. Both of you need to think at the scale of this station and how things work at that scale, more importantly the mechanics of the station itself. No stench, no matter how rancid, will spread across any appreciable portion of the station no matter how long you give it, you could kill literally everyone on a quarter of the station and there's a good chance the smell of their remains would never reach the quarter on the opposite side of the station, the scale we are talking here is immense. I get that you guys are doing what you want and I cannot prevent you from doing what you want but for the sake of the integrity of our setting I have to ask that you bear in mind that this is a habitat station that forms an artificial ring around an entire planet and houses most of that planet's population, it is not a small outpost and you should not take any actions that would directly affect the station lightly.)

(11-09-2015, 02:34 AM)Surge Wrote: (Alright I don't want to be rude and I wanted to let you do your thing but you are talking about trying to EMP a non-military orbital installation home to billions of people, which will, as a best case scenario, cause hundreds if not thousands of deaths do to the instantaneous chaos of a widespread power failure like that, and worst-case is a mass life support failure the station staff is not equipped to repair. Both of you need to think at the scale of this station and how things work at that scale, more importantly the mechanics of the station itself. No stench, no matter how rancid, will spread across any appreciable portion of the station no matter how long you give it, you could kill literally everyone on a quarter of the station and there's a good chance the smell of their remains would never reach the quarter on the opposite side of the station, the scale we are talking here is immense. I get that you guys are doing what you want and I cannot prevent you from doing what you want but for the sake of the integrity of our setting I have to ask that you bear in mind that this is a habitat station that forms an artificial ring around an entire planet and houses most of that planet's population, it is not a small outpost and you should not take any actions that would directly affect the station lightly.)
//The idea is that it backfires, disabling the ship and a few freighters
//The unnamed bounty hunter is also an unfeeling asshole.

(11-09-2015, 02:37 AM)UnamusedAvali Wrote:
(11-09-2015, 02:34 AM)Surge Wrote: (Alright I don't want to be rude and I wanted to let you do your thing but you are talking about trying to EMP a non-military orbital installation home to billions of people, which will, as a best case scenario, cause hundreds if not thousands of deaths do to the instantaneous chaos of a widespread power failure like that, and worst-case is a mass life support failure the station staff is not equipped to repair. Both of you need to think at the scale of this station and how things work at that scale, more importantly the mechanics of the station itself. No stench, no matter how rancid, will spread across any appreciable portion of the station no matter how long you give it, you could kill literally everyone on a quarter of the station and there's a good chance the smell of their remains would never reach the quarter on the opposite side of the station, the scale we are talking here is immense. I get that you guys are doing what you want and I cannot prevent you from doing what you want but for the sake of the integrity of our setting I have to ask that you bear in mind that this is a habitat station that forms an artificial ring around an entire planet and houses most of that planet's population, it is not a small outpost and you should not take any actions that would directly affect the station lightly.)
//The idea is that it backfires, disabling the ship and a few freighters
(alright, alright, fine enough, I've just been getting concerned at the lack of regard for actual context of our setting.)

(11-09-2015, 02:40 AM)Surge Wrote:
(11-09-2015, 02:37 AM)UnamusedAvali Wrote: //The idea is that it backfires, disabling the ship and a few freighters
(alright, alright, fine enough, I've just been getting concerned at the lack of regard for actual context of our setting.)
//Sorry about that.

"C.A.I.L... C.A.I.L, speak to me."
"EMP activated. Oh... oh shit."
"What? C.A.I.L!"
-Static-
"Fuck me."The bounty hunter points at the android accusingly."Three years worth of bounties, at least 70, do you know how hard it is to amass that collection, and I still had goods to sell!"He kicks the android in the shin-ish area.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 11-09-2015

Umbra speaks up.
"I'm going to have to ask you two to stop. Otherwise..."
"Y̡͘ơu͢'̀͠r̸͝͝e̵ ̧͜͡g̕on͜n͡҉a̢͡ g̸o͡͠͠ ̷th͏̀r̶͟o̡͜ug̴͝҉h͡͞҉ ̀͝s̷͟o̶͝m̀͢e̴͜ ̧̀͠de̕͞ep͜͠ ̶͞s̸h̨i̧̡t͡.̨͡"
If the bounty hunter knows anything about the area, they might realize that now would be a good time to run.

// your experience shall be most unpleasant

(11-09-2015, 02:41 AM)UnamusedAvali Wrote:
(11-09-2015, 02:40 AM)Surge Wrote: (alright, alright, fine enough, I've just been getting concerned at the lack of regard for actual context of our setting.)
//Sorry about that.

"What? C.A.I.L!"
-Static-
"Fuck me."The bounty hunter points at the android accusingly."Three years worth of bounties, at least 70, do you know how hard it is to amass that collection, and I still had goods to sell!"He kicks the android in the shin-ish area.
*it being solid metal doesn't flinch, but it does mutter in its deep baritone voice*
Filthy scavenger, shame the station wouldn't withstand me stomping on your head...

*it then loudly proclaims*

HOSTILITY DETECTED: DEPLOYING COUNTERMEASURES.

*it suddenly grabs him by the arm and delivers an extremely high voltage jolt of energy, like being hit with 20 tasers at once, then once it's done it mutters again*

Twerp like you wouldn't even survive boot camp.

//keep in mind that the muttering is almost inaudible

(11-09-2015, 03:09 AM)Marxon Wrote:
(11-09-2015, 02:41 AM)UnamusedAvali Wrote: //Sorry about that.

"What? C.A.I.L!"
-Static-
*it being solid metal doesn't flinch, but it does mutter in its deep baritone voice*
Filthy scavenger, shame the station wouldn't withstand me stomping on your head...

*it suddenly grabs him by the arm and delivers an extremely high voltage jolt of energy, like being hit with 20 tasers at once, then once it's done it mutters again*

//This feels like auto-hit...
The bounty hunter drops to the floor

(11-09-2015, 03:12 AM)UnamusedAvali Wrote:
(11-09-2015, 03:09 AM)Marxon Wrote: *it being solid metal doesn't flinch, but it does mutter in its deep baritone voice*

// you just kicked it's shin, what do you expect being that close?

*the android starts dragging off some of the stolen gear back to the ship, obviously very disgruntled, but not before poking an alarm button to attract police attention to the thief*

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Corosar - 11-09-2015

(11-09-2015, 03:12 AM)UnamusedAvali Wrote:
(11-09-2015, 03:09 AM)Marxon Wrote: *it being solid metal doesn't flinch, but it does mutter in its deep baritone voice*

//i am agreeing with the auto-hit statement. I would like to request a bit better wording marxon please? recently i feel the actions seem either overpowered. or nothing seems to effect anything. and sure Amusedavali's Emp may have ended in a failure as planned but would it not throw off the sensors a bit while the system reboots? it just kinda feels a bit overpowered on marxon's side from my point of view. I am not saying to stop RPing just try and avoid actions that force one event out of a situation. That is all i wish to say.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 11-09-2015

(11-09-2015, 03:19 AM)Marxon Wrote:
(11-09-2015, 03:12 AM)UnamusedAvali Wrote: //This feels like auto-hit...
// you just kicked it's shin, what do you expect being that close?

*the android starts dragging off some of the stolen gear back to the ship, obviously very disgruntled, but not before poking an alarm button to attract police attention to the thief*

Umbra clears his throat.
"Uh... Yeah, I'm right here."
He turns off the alarm.

(11-09-2015, 03:22 AM)Corosar Wrote:

//i am agreeing with the auto-hit statement. I would like to request a bit better wording marxon please? recently i feel the actions seem either overpowered. or nothing seems to effect anything. and sure Amusedavali's Emp may have ended in a failure as planned but would it not throw off the sensors a bit while the system reboots? it just kinda feels a bit overpowered on marxon's side from my point of view. I am not saying to stop RPing just try and avoid actions that force one event out of a situation. That is all i wish to say.
// i apologize for not being perfect in my execution, hard to think straight after being awake for 17 hours, so sorry

(11-09-2015, 03:24 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(11-09-2015, 03:19 AM)Marxon Wrote: // you just kicked it's shin, what do you expect being that close?

Umbra clears his throat.
"Uh... Yeah, I'm right here."
He turns off the alarm.
Thief...

*the android points to UnamusedAvali*

(11-09-2015, 03:22 AM)Corosar Wrote:

(an EMP will not interfere with sensors not directly hit by it unless those sensors rely on systems that were directly hit.)