Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 11-10-2015

// again, if anyone on the station wants to hit up conversation with Umbra or anything, go ahead.
// I have to leave in less than 30 minutes, though, so...

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 11-10-2015

(11-10-2015, 02:26 AM)Umbra Wrote: // again, if anyone on the station wants to hit up conversation with Umbra or anything, go ahead.
(yeah sure hold on-spooo never mind?)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Ehksidian - 11-10-2015

(11-10-2015, 02:24 AM)Comito Wrote: Meanwhile...

Screams, the crashing of rocks, the clashing of teeth and an ungodly roaring. Then darkness...

...until 2 months later, when light once again begins to enter the snow-white Jakkai's eyes. They open slowly at first; the light is almost blinding until they adjust.

His ears twitch. He hears voices, the sounds of various devices and machinery, and the gentle hum of the station itself. Glancing slightly to the side, he sees a window; and beyond that, an endless sea of stars.

He is laying so still that the Stalwart Cybernetics staff might not notice that he's finally awake, unless they see his icy blue eyes. Or once the myriad of devices connected to him report that he has regained consciousness. Whichever happens first.

The monitors around him began beeping softly soon after he awoke. An Avali nurse made his way into the room. His survival suit obscured most of his features, and was painted a bright blue. Upon entering the room, he called in for one of the doctors of the facility. A Jakkai, wearing doctor scrubs, hurried into the room.

"Is it true? Is he actually awake?"

"Yes sir, he is indeed actually awake."

The Jakkai smiled. "Well, I'm sure Wurg will be very happy to hear that another mmber from the expedition is back."

---

Wurg checked the map to figure out where, exactly, Stalwart Cybernetics was. After analyzing the map, and making sure Ehks was able to tell her if she was following the proper path, she began making her way to the clinic.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 11-10-2015

(11-10-2015, 02:28 AM)Surge Wrote:
(11-10-2015, 02:26 AM)Umbra Wrote: // again, if anyone on the station wants to hit up conversation with Umbra or anything, go ahead.
(yeah sure hold on-spooo never mind?)

// I guess... Maybe tomorrow.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Marxon - 11-10-2015

*happening to pass by*

Hi uhhh, do you know, where the hell this place is?

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Corosar - 11-10-2015

(11-10-2015, 01:16 AM)Joeythomas Wrote:
(11-09-2015, 10:44 PM)Corosar Wrote: She nodded and smiled bowing to Rythian again and smiling

"that would be nice thank you... i am gonna go and get myself sorted out... talk to you later!"

With that she headed in and towards the front desk of the Inn looking around for the keeper and sighing lightly. Finally she would have a place to rest her head till the time she was able to get a more permanent settlement.
See ya
*he waves and then dashes into the darkness*
*he thinks to himself "she seemed to act up when I mentioned dragons, and the marking on the gold seems foreign, and the dream...
*he enters his house and locks the door*
Let's see how the spikes are doing...

*the Keeper, a young Terran, comes out from a back room, and greets coronei*
What do you need?
A room, or just a drink?

She looked over to the Terran and smiled wagging her tail.

"ahh good day... i.. i am in need of lodging for alittle while as I work on a more permanent residence in this town. Do you happen to have a room available?"

She again tried to remain possitive around people. She didn't want to offend anyone.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Comito - 11-10-2015

(11-10-2015, 02:35 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: The monitors around him began beeping softly soon after he awoke. An Avali nurse made his way into the room. His survival suit obscured most of his features, and was painted a bright blue. Upon entering the room, he called in for one of the doctors of the facility. A Jakkai, wearing doctor scrubs, hurried into the room.

The Jakkai smiled. "Well, I'm sure Wurg will be very happy to hear that another mmber from the expedition is back."

---

Wurg checked the map to figure out where, exactly, Stalwart Cybernetics was. After analyzing the map, and making sure Ehks was able to tell her if she was following the proper path, she began making her way to the clinic.

He blinked slowly a few times, his eyes further adjusting until he could see clearly around the room. Well, mostly clearly, but it was better than nothing. 

His large ears picked up voices again, much closer and clearer this time, and he turned his head to look at where they were coming from. Seeing the Avali and the other Jakkai there made him open his eyes a bit wider. Were they doctors? Was he in a hospital?

He attempted to sit up in the bed, which proved a bit easier than would normally be expected of a coma patient, especially one of two months. Of course he wasn't exactly normal, but he didn't quite recall that yet.

(11-10-2015, 02:51 AM)Comito Wrote:
(11-10-2015, 02:35 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: The monitors around him began beeping softly soon after he awoke. An Avali nurse made his way into the room. His survival suit obscured most of his features, and was painted a bright blue. Upon entering the room, he called in for one of the doctors of the facility. A Jakkai, wearing doctor scrubs, hurried into the room.

---

He blinked slowly a few times, his eyes further adjusting until he could see clearly around the room. Well, mostly clearly, but it was better than nothing. 

His large ears picked up voices again, much closer and clearer this time, and he turned his head to look at where they were coming from. Seeing the Avali and the other Jakkai there made him open his eyes a bit wider. Were they doctors? Was he in a hospital?

He attempted to sit up in the bed, which proved a bit easier than would normally be expected of a coma patient, especially one of two months. Of course he wasn't exactly normal, but he didn't quite recall that yet.

"Whoa, whoa, you should lie back down, Mr. Ironback. You just woke up from a coma, and you need a little bit more time to re-calibrate...after all, you were recovered a day after the incident. You might be suffering from some minor brain damage."

Nexus RP: Rebirth - Marxon - 11-10-2015

I feel sleeeeeepy...

*he stumbles about as he's overcome by a wave of exhaustion*

And gah, my head hurts...

(11-10-2015, 02:56 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: "Whoa, whoa, you should lie back down, Mr. Ironback. You just woke up from a coma, and you need a little bit more time to re-calibrate...after all, you were recovered a day after the incident. You might be suffering from some minor brain damage."

Despite not being completely 'with it', so to speak, the white Jakkai managed to understand everything that the doctor said. Slowly he slumped back into his bed, letting out a low but audible groan.

His ears twitched again. That groan sounded strange, almost like it was uttered by a machine instead of a person. And what did the other Jakkai mean by 're-calibrate'?

(11-10-2015, 03:08 AM)Comito Wrote:
(11-10-2015, 02:56 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: "Whoa, whoa, you should lie back down, Mr. Ironback. You just woke up from a coma, and you need a little bit more time to re-calibrate...after all, you were recovered a day after the incident. You might be suffering from some minor brain damage."

Despite not being completely 'with it', so to speak, the white Jakkai managed to understand everything that the doctor said. Slowly he slumped back into his bed, letting out a low but audible groan.

His ears twitched again. That groan sounded strange, almost like it was uttered by a machine instead of a person. And what did the other Jakkai mean by 're-calibrate'?

"Mhm...alright. Let me ask you a few questions. What is your full name?"

(11-10-2015, 03:11 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: "Mhm...alright. Let me ask you a few questions. What is your full name?"

When asked the question, he momentarily closed his eyes. This should be something that he would always remember; why was he having so much tr-

Ironback. The doctor had said it himself. And with that, the Jakkai opened his eyes again and looked at the doctor.

"My name..." He stopped. There was no mistaking it this time; his voice indeed carried an electronic undertone to it. Some part of him knew that to be normal, but he still found it slightly disconcerting.

After a moment or two, he continued. "My name... is Ironback. Gregor... Ironback."

*sleepily pads about for an undetermined amount of time, eventually ending up planetside*

I'm soooooo lost...

*stumbles into a mostly white building, probably a hospital, and proceeds to finally flop onto the floor with a loud metallic thud*

(11-10-2015, 03:19 AM)Comito Wrote:
(11-10-2015, 03:11 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: "Mhm...alright. Let me ask you a few questions. What is your full name?"

When asked the question, he momentarily closed his eyes. This should be something that he would always remember; why was he having so much tr-

Ironback. The doctor had said it himself. And with that, the Jakkai opened his eyes again and looked at the doctor.

"My name..." He stopped. There was no mistaking it this time; his voice indeed carried an electronic undertone to it. Some part of him knew that to be normal, but he still found it slightly disconcerting.

After a moment or two, he continued. "My name... is Ironback. Gregor... Ironback."

The doctor smiled. "Good, good. Right now you're at Stalwart Cybernetics...do you remember why you might be here, perhaps?"

Ow...

*he slowly gets up, oddly his helmet is not on but there is a red feathered dart in his neck, probably a tranquilizer which seems to have only put him in a drunken stupor. He takes a breath then shouts*

IM LOST CAN SOMEONE HELP ME?
That was way too loud.

// he's probably at the cybernetics place but it's hard to be sure

(11-10-2015, 03:21 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: The doctor smiled. "Good, good. Right now you're at Stalwart Cybernetics...do you remember why you might be here, perhaps?"

Gregor listened to his question, then he looked up toward the ceiling. "I do not remember... Wait. I remember being with... a team."

(11-10-2015, 03:40 AM)Comito Wrote:
(11-10-2015, 03:21 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: The doctor smiled. "Good, good. Right now you're at Stalwart Cybernetics...do you remember why you might be here, perhaps?"

Gregor listened to his question, then he looked up toward the ceiling. "I do not remember... Wait. I remember being with... a team."

"Yes, good, good! A team out in the wilderness doing what, exactly...? And do you remember anyone you were with?"

The doctor was trying his best to jog Gregor's memory, without outright giving him the answers. It was standard procedure, of course.

(11-10-2015, 03:42 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: "Yes, good, good! A team out in the wilderness doing what, exactly...? And do you remember anyone you were with?"

The doctor was trying his best to jog Gregor's memory, without outright giving him the answers. It was standard procedure, of course.

"The wilderness... We were exploring. We were exploring a planet."

He turns back toward the window. The rotation of the station has brought Nexus-17 into view. Slowly he brings a hand out from under his covers and points at the window. "It was that planet."

(11-10-2015, 03:59 AM)Comito Wrote:
(11-10-2015, 03:42 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: "Yes, good, good! A team out in the wilderness doing what, exactly...? And do you remember anyone you were with?"

"The wilderness... We were exploring. We were exploring a planet."

He turns back toward the window. The rotation of the station has brought Nexus-17 into view. Slowly he brings a hand out from under his covers and points at the window. "It was that planet."

"Good, good! You don't seem to be too poorly off...just a few more days to get back into the swing of things, I would say. Though you've had this body for a while, your brain might have come slightly...uncoupled. It will readapt in time, don't worry though!"

(11-10-2015, 04:01 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: "Good, good! You don't seem to be too poorly off...just a few more days to get back into the swing of things, I would say. Though you've had this body for a while, your brain might have come slightly...uncoupled. It will readapt in time, don't worry though!"

"Uncoupled?" Gregor stared at the doctor, confused, until his eyes widened and he stares at his hand. Flexing his fingers, he could hear the faint sounds of the actuators within. 

He remembered that he was almost entirely cybernetic. His whole body was mechanical, save for his brain. As he took this in once again, he slumped back into his bed with a long sigh. A simulated sigh, but a sigh all the same.

Then he remembered something else, and looked at the doctor yet again. "I remember something else. Something big, coming for us... A monster."