Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Ehksidian - 11-10-2015

(11-10-2015, 10:19 PM)Comito Wrote:
(11-10-2015, 10:08 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: "Y-yeah...good to see you, too...I...almost didn't remember. Had a bit of amnesia, but it's getting better, I'm remembering everything now..." She let out a quavering sigh. "I'm just happy to know you're okay."

He nodded, and glanced around the room. "I am still trying to remember everything. I... I think I was trying to slow it down. The beast. Dropping rocks in its path... and it just walked over them."

His ears drooped as more memories surfaced, piece by piece. "Then I tried throwing rocks at it, and it hit me... that's all I remember."

"I just remember it...charging us. Some fragments of it hitting the camp, too, but...not much else. I'm kinda glad, though. I'd rather not remember the kind of pain I was in when...well, everything from my chest down is synthetic now aside from a few organs."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 11-10-2015

Meanwhile, in a non-descript hall, Umbra is just walking around 'on patrol' in a depressed manner. He briefly glances at the Avali triad and nods a small hello, but keeps walking.
Eventually, a man in a blue button-up shirt and black pants sitting on a bench calls him over; he's currently enjoying a sub sandwich.
"'Ey, Umbra! Over 'ere!"
It is, indeed, grouchy permission man.
"Hey, Jerry..." Umbra sits down next to the grouchy permission man who's apparently named Jerry.
"'Ey, whassa' matter? Ya in a rut again?" Jerry takes another bite of his sub.
"Yeah, except... This time, it's just... Weird."
"Trust me, nothin's weirder than what I gotta put up with. Except, uh... Y'know, the magic ghost thing ya got goin' for ya."
"Actually, it might be weirder than that..."
"Eh? What's buggin' ya this time?"
"Well... I've been having these weird dreams about people that... That actually exist. And they exist here. What's more, they've been having the same dreams from their own perspectives..."
"Whoa, there, bud. Sounds like yer havin' an existential crisis... Or somethin'."
"Yeah..."
"Well, I'm here for ya, buddy. Jus' tell me whatcha' can."

// and thus was grouchy permission man brought even more to life.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Comito - 11-10-2015

(11-10-2015, 10:22 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: "I just remember it...charging us. Some fragments of it hitting the camp, too, but...not much else. I'm kinda glad, though. I'd rather not remember the kind of pain I was in when...well, everything from my chest down is synthetic now aside from a few organs."

Gregor started to look down at the area Wurg mentioned, but quickly averted his gaze. "Sorry."

While still hugging her, he looked at Hardpaw. "I do not know if I asked this, but how long has it been?"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Corosar - 11-10-2015

(11-10-2015, 09:51 PM)Joeythomas Wrote:
(11-10-2015, 12:04 PM)Corosar Wrote: She looked up and blinked quite surprised nodding softly.

"yea.. that is more than okay.. i would be happy to pay 750 credits for my time here if that would be alright?"

She looked quite happy as she looked around the inn lobby to see who or what was around.
That Will suffice for the time being, I'll just need your chit.
*he puts the key card on the counter, and pulls out a news paper*
Want a copy of the latest news?

*there is a shady looking avali in the corner of the room talking about a shipment of bismuth and bronze, aswell sterling sliver. A bar tender waits patiently at his station for a customer*

She nodded and carefully handed her chit over keeping an eye on it as to make sure not to lose it.

"Here you are sir and thank you very m..."

She perked one of her ears up to listen to the group trying to keep her ear in a subtle position to not be noticed as she listened to the shady avali.

"also i am sorry for bothering again... but could i get a light drink... nothing too intoxicating please just add it to the bill."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Joeythomas - 11-10-2015

(11-10-2015, 10:38 PM)Umbra Wrote: Meanwhile, in a non-descript hall, Umbra is just walking around 'on patrol' in a depressed manner. He briefly glances at the Avali triad and nods a small hello, but keeps walking.
Eventually, a man in a blue button-up shirt and black pants sitting on a bench calls him over; he's currently enjoying a sub sandwich.
"'Ey, Umbra! Over 'ere!"
It is, indeed, grouchy permission man.
"Hey, Jerry..." Umbra sits down next to the grouchy permission man who's apparently named Jerry.
"'Ey, whassa' matter? Ya in a rut again?" Jerry takes another bite of his sub.
"Yeah, except... This time, it's just... Weird."
"Trust me, nothin's weirder than what I gotta put up with. Except, uh... Y'know, the magic ghost thing ya got goin' for ya."
"Actually, it might be weirder than that..."
"Eh? What's buggin' ya this time?"
"Well... I've been having these weird dreams about people that... That actually exist. And they exist here. What's more, they've been having the same dreams from their own perspectives..."
"Whoa, there, bud. Sounds like yer havin' an existential crisis... Or somethin'."
"Yeah..."
"Well, I'm here for ya, buddy. Jus' tell me whatcha' can."

// and thus was grouchy permission man brought even more to life.
*a alarm goes off in the station, in the manufacturing district*

(11-10-2015, 10:38 PM)Comito Wrote:
(11-10-2015, 10:22 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: "I just remember it...charging us. Some fragments of it hitting the camp, too, but...not much else. I'm kinda glad, though. I'd rather not remember the kind of pain I was in when...well, everything from my chest down is synthetic now aside from a few organs."

Gregor started to look down at the area Wurg mentioned, but quickly averted his gaze. "Sorry."

While still hugging her, he looked at Hardpaw. "I do not know if I asked this, but how long has it been?"

"You were brought in about two months ago, shortly after Wurg got her cybernetics installed."

Wurg patted Gregor on the back. "Don't worry about it...there wasn't anything you or any of us could have done. Even if I woke everyone up when I first heard it..."

(11-10-2015, 10:54 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: "You were brought in about two months ago, shortly after Wurg got her cybernetics installed."

Wurg patted Gregor on the back. "Don't worry about it...there wasn't anything you or any of us could have done. Even if I woke everyone up when I first heard it..."

"Two months..."

Gregor sighed deeply and hugged Wurg a little tighter. He had regained his balance by this point. "I just wanted to help them. Help as many as I could. Yet so many still died..."

(11-10-2015, 11:04 PM)Comito Wrote:
(11-10-2015, 10:54 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: "You were brought in about two months ago, shortly after Wurg got her cybernetics installed."

"Two months..."

Gregor sighed deeply and hugged Wurg a little tighter. He had regained his balance by this point. "I just wanted to help them. Help as many as I could. Yet so many still died..."

"There wasn't anything any of us could have done. You did your best. Most of us survived...and most of the people who died in evac were revived. Don't beat yourself up about it Iron, okay? You did your best."

(11-10-2015, 11:06 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: "There wasn't anything any of us could have done. You did your best. Most of us survived...and most of the people who died in evac were revived. Don't beat yourself up about it Iron, okay? You did your best."

He finally seemed to relax a little, and lowered his head to rest it on Wurg's shoulder. "Alright then, I will not. I am glad you're okay."

He glanced back over at the window. Nexus 17 was still visible outside. "What of the planet? Have we returned to it since then?"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 11-10-2015

"...And it all ended when I... Well, I think it was me... Turned on this malfunctioning portal thing."
"Man, that's... One helluva dream, there." Jerry seems blown away by the influx of information.
"No kidding..."
"...Y'know... You said other people had the same exact dream, but from their view, din'tcha?"
"Yeah, that's right..."
"Well, what you described sounds kinda reasonable when ya consider we've got flippin' portals to other universes. That was in yer dream, right?"
"Jerry, where are you going with this?"
"Well, what if... I'unno, I'm jus' speculatin' 'ere, but... What if it wasn't a dream?"
"I... What?"
"Think about it. If you and those other guys had the same dream, maybe ya actually met 'em. I mean, I can't explain it, but it seems like it's kinda plausible, eh?"
"Since when did you become a psychiatrist?"
"Ha! Ya give me too much credit. If ya really wanna figure out if it's all true, maybe you should go find a real psychiatrist. Or maybe one of those portal guys. They know a lot about this kinda thing." Jerry takes another bite out of his sandwich.
"I guess so..."
There's nothing but silence between them for a while.
"...Say, uh..."
"Hm?"
"You know how I just... Appeared one day?"
"Yeah, one hell of a scene. Made the news."
"What if that has... Something to do with all this? I mean, there were other Anomalies in the dream, too..."
"Hey, I'unno about 'Anomalies,' so I can't tell ya. They studied ya, too, and they couldn't figure out anything. You're a walkin' enigma, bud."
"Heh. Funny you say 'enigma'... That's what they were called, apparently."
"Makes sense."
There's even more silence.
"Well, I guess I've bothered you enough... I better get back to being 'on patrol.'"
"Anytime, buddy."
Umbra gets up and keeps walking along the halls.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Joeythomas - 11-10-2015

(11-10-2015, 10:50 PM)Corosar Wrote:
(11-10-2015, 09:51 PM)Joeythomas Wrote: That Will suffice for the time being, I'll just need your chit.
*he puts the key card on the counter, and pulls out a news paper*
Want a copy of the latest news?

*there is a shady looking avali in the corner of the room talking about a shipment of bismuth and bronze, aswell sterling sliver. A bar tender waits patiently at his station for a customer*

She nodded and carefully handed her chit over keeping an eye on it as to make sure not to lose it.

She perked one of her ears up to listen to the group trying to keep her ear in a subtle position to not be noticed as she listened to the shady avali.

"also i am sorry for bothering again... but could i get a light drink... nothing too intoxicating please just add it to the bill."
*the clerk swipes the chit over a sensor and Hands it back*
Enjoy your stay.
*the bar tender begins to mix a drink, and shady avali begins to talk about the place of dilvery and the time, which is tonight*

(11-10-2015, 11:13 PM)Comito Wrote:
(11-10-2015, 11:06 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: "There wasn't anything any of us could have done. You did your best. Most of us survived...and most of the people who died in evac were revived. Don't beat yourself up about it Iron, okay? You did your best."

He finally seemed to relax a little, and lowered his head to rest it on Wurg's shoulder. "Alright then, I will not. I am glad you're okay."

He glanced back over at the window. Nexus 17 was still visible outside. "What of the planet? Have we returned to it since then?"

"Yes, I live in a village down on the surface. Not close to where we were, but...it's habitable, and probably one of the largest villages. It's safe there, at least..." She gently patted Gregor's head.

(11-10-2015, 11:27 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: "Yes, I live in a village down on the surface. Not close to where we were, but...it's habitable, and probably one of the largest villages. It's safe there, at least..." She gently patted Gregor's head.

His eyes widened a bit at that news, and for the first time since his awakening, a faint smile crossed the white Jakkai's lips.

"The mission was a success, then... Our sacrifices were not in vain. That makes me happy." 

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Corosar - 11-10-2015

(11-10-2015, 11:23 PM)Joeythomas Wrote:
(11-10-2015, 10:50 PM)Corosar Wrote: She nodded and carefully handed her chit over keeping an eye on it as to make sure not to lose it.

*the clerk swipes the chit over a sensor and Hands it back*
Enjoy your stay.
*the bar tender begins to mix a drink, and shady avali begins to talk about the place of dilvery and the time, which is tonight*

She smiled and nodded gently taking her chit back and storing it away securely as she began to listen in nodding to the bartender in thanks and taking a drink sighing as she listened into the avali's "plans"

"Thank you for the drink."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Marxon - 11-11-2015

(11-10-2015, 10:54 PM)Ehksidian Wrote:
(11-10-2015, 10:38 PM)Comito Wrote: Gregor started to look down at the area Wurg mentioned, but quickly averted his gaze. "Sorry."

"You were brought in about two months ago, shortly after Wurg got her cybernetics installed."

*theres a knock on the door and a distorted voice speaking*

Uh, hello? Is there a doctor or a place I can wait for one at? I was told that this place could help me.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Ehksidian - 11-11-2015

(11-10-2015, 11:34 PM)Comito Wrote:
(11-10-2015, 11:27 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: "Yes, I live in a village down on the surface. Not close to where we were, but...it's habitable, and probably one of the largest villages. It's safe there, at least..." She gently patted Gregor's head.

His eyes widened a bit at that news, and for the first time since his awakening, a faint smile crossed the white Jakkai's lips.

"The mission was a success, then... Our sacrifices were not in vain. That makes me happy." 

"They've started settling the location we were sent to scout...though we didn't reach it, they are settled there."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Joeythomas - 11-11-2015

(11-10-2015, 11:42 PM)Corosar Wrote:
(11-10-2015, 11:23 PM)Joeythomas Wrote: *the clerk swipes the chit over a sensor and Hands it back*
Enjoy your stay.

She smiled and nodded gently taking her chit back and storing it away securely as she began to listen in nodding to the bartender in thanks and taking a drink sighing as she listened into the avali's "plans"

"Thank you for the drink."
No problem
*he slides the drink acoss is the counter*
*the avali hangs up and connects with someone else on his communicator, and begins talking about a "job" on Eden, prusumbaly where the goods are coming from*

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Comito - 11-11-2015

(11-11-2015, 12:00 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: "They've started settling the location we were sent to scout...though we didn't reach it, they are settled there."

"I really want to see it now, but I do not know if I am ready."

He raised his head off of Wurg's shoulder and looked at the doctor once more. "When you said a week or two, did you mean until I can work again, or until I can leave here?"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 11-11-2015

(11-11-2015, 12:42 AM)Joeythomas Wrote: *a alarm goes off in the manufacturing module of Eden, armed gaurds rush towards the Area*
Remain calm! There's is nothing to worry about

The Anomaly flies right inside the area of interest
"Okay, what's going on?"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Joeythomas - 11-11-2015

(11-11-2015, 12:42 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(11-10-2015, 10:51 PM)Joeythomas Wrote: *a alarm goes off in the station, in the manufacturing district*

Umbra finally notices the alarm.
"Oh, shit-"
He phases into The Anomaly and quickly flies over, phasing through walls and startled civilians.

*the room is in lockdown, and the lights are off. A section of the wall was welded off leading into a new hallway, and various metals are missing From the stockpiles*
*the armed gaurds begins to bypass the door, using a plasma torch*