Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 11-11-2015

(11-11-2015, 02:33 AM)Joeythomas Wrote: *you see a monitor with a counter ticking down from two, and the room is filled with high grade explosives, not a ingot of metal in sight. The bomb hits 1

"...Shit."
The Anomaly gets caught in the explosion...

...And Umbra fizzles back into existence on the planet's surface. It seems like he's gone unconscious...

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Ehksidian - 11-11-2015

(11-11-2015, 12:41 AM)Comito Wrote:
(11-11-2015, 12:00 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: "They've started settling the location we were sent to scout...though we didn't reach it, they are settled there."

"I really want to see it now, but I do not know if I am ready."

He raised his head off of Wurg's shoulder and looked at the doctor once more. "When you said a week or two, did you mean until I can work again, or until I can leave here?"

"Just until you are fit for work again. You should be ready to go by now, with some assistance."

"You can, uh, crash at my house if you want. I have a charging station, after all."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Joeythomas - 11-11-2015

(11-11-2015, 02:38 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(11-11-2015, 02:33 AM)Joeythomas Wrote: *you see a monitor with a counter ticking down from two, and the room is filled with high grade explosives, not a ingot of metal in sight. The bomb hits 1

"...Shit."

...And Umbra fizzles back into existence on the planet's surface. It seems like he's gone unconscious...
*something begins to drag umbra and presumably put him into a body bag, and heads off via car, with the bag stuffed into the trunk*

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Comito - 11-11-2015

(11-11-2015, 02:43 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: "Just until you are fit for work again. You should be ready to go by now, with some assistance."

"You can, uh, crash at my house if you want. I have a charging station, after all."

"That is very generous of you. I would enjoy staying with you and seeing the new colony."

He finally released Wurg from his hug, and looked around the room. "I will probably need clothes, though."

(11-11-2015, 02:59 AM)Comito Wrote:
(11-11-2015, 02:43 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: "Just until you are fit for work again. You should be ready to go by now, with some assistance."

"That is very generous of you. I would enjoy staying with you and seeing the new colony."

He finally released Wurg from his hug, and looked around the room. "I will probably need clothes, though."

"Of course, you're a friend. It's the least I can do. And...yeah. Clothes would be a good thing to get. Even if you don't have anything you need a shirt at least...and mine won't fit you."

"We can provide some...temporary attire. Disposable shirt and pants, until you can get some actual clothes. Would that be all right?"

(11-11-2015, 02:48 AM)Joeythomas Wrote:
(11-11-2015, 02:38 AM)Umbra Wrote: "...Shit."

*something begins to drag umbra and presumably put him into a body bag, and heads off via car, with the bag stuffed into the trunk*

((Joey, I just want to say you...really need to stop harassing and messing with Umbra so much. It's getting out of hand.))

(11-11-2015, 03:30 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: "Of course, you're a friend. It's the least I can do. And...yeah. Clothes would be a good thing to get. Even if you don't have anything you need a shirt at least...and mine won't fit you."

"We can provide some...temporary attire. Disposable shirt and pants, until you can get some actual clothes. Would that be all right?"

"Yes, those would be fine. I recall having a uniform, but I am sure it was shredded to uselessness." 

(11-11-2015, 03:45 AM)Comito Wrote:
(11-11-2015, 03:30 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: "Of course, you're a friend. It's the least I can do. And...yeah. Clothes would be a good thing to get. Even if you don't have anything you need a shirt at least...and mine won't fit you."

"Yes, those would be fine. I recall having a uniform, but I am sure it was shredded to uselessness." 

"...Yeah, they were. Well, I know mine were." She lt go of gregor, and took a step back. "I'll be waitin in the lobby, just come out when you get your clothes and stuff, okay?"

(11-11-2015, 03:59 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: "...Yeah, they were. Well, I know mine were." She lt go of gregor, and took a step back. "I'll be waitin in the lobby, just come out when you get your clothes and stuff, okay?"

He nodded, then remembered something. "The doctor said you were here for recalibration, if I remember right... If you haven't already done that, I don't mind waiting for you to do it. I have been out for two months, but I can wait a little longer."

(11-11-2015, 04:10 AM)Comito Wrote:
(11-11-2015, 03:59 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: "...Yeah, they were. Well, I know mine were." She lt go of gregor, and took a step back. "I'll be waitin in the lobby, just come out when you get your clothes and stuff, okay?"

He nodded, then remembered something. "The doctor said you were here for recalibration, if I remember right... If you haven't already done that, I don't mind waiting for you to do it. I have been out for two months, but I can wait a little longer."

"Oh, no, I got that done a few days ago! I was here mostly to ask about what kind of state I was in when I came here, to help jog my memory...guess I got a bit more than I expected, huh?"

(11-11-2015, 02:48 AM)Joeythomas Wrote: *something begins to drag umbra and presumably put him into a body bag, and heads off via car, with the bag stuffed into the trunk*

There's no resistance from the unconscious... Umbreon? It's hard to know what he is, truthfully...

(11-11-2015, 03:30 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: ((Joey, I just want to say you...really need to stop harassing and messing with Umbra so much. It's getting out of hand.))

// I have to agree. It's gotten to the point where I'm expecting shit like this every day...

--------------

Are you sure we shouldn't tell him?

It would burden him too much. Nobody- not even ones like him- should know what happened.

So you're going to leave him blind when he seeks answers? He isn't adjusting as well as the others...

Listen. If we tell him, he won't be able to live with that knowledge.

I... I suppose you're right...

Let's just let this play out.

// such mystery
// many wingdings[/color]

Nexus RP: Rebirth - Marxon - 11-11-2015

// now I'm being outright ignored... What am I supposed to do?

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - UnamusedAvali - 11-11-2015

(11-11-2015, 04:30 AM)Marxon Wrote: // now I'm being outright ignored... What am I supposed to do?
//I can get Felix to befriend you, he's a nice guy, he'd take notice of some mistreatment, he's also at the bar in the town everyone seems to live in, he's drunk and probably unconscious in a bin outside.

(11-11-2015, 04:30 AM)Marxon Wrote: // now I'm being outright ignored... What am I supposed to do?

((Not skip over someone's response and go do something that you shouldn't be able to do. You were asked if you had an appointment, and completely breezed past that. I also completely missed your post, which is why I didn't initially respond. But you also missed the one I made.))

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Shaadaris - 11-11-2015

(11-11-2015, 04:28 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(11-11-2015, 02:48 AM)Joeythomas Wrote: *something begins to drag umbra and presumably put him into a body bag, and heads off via car, with the bag stuffed into the trunk*

There's no resistance from the unconscious... Umbreon? It's hard to know what he is, truthfully...

(11-11-2015, 03:30 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: ((Joey, I just want to say you...really need to stop harassing and messing with Umbra so much. It's getting out of hand.))

// I have to agree. It's gotten to the point where I'm expecting shit like this every day...

--------------

Are you sure we shouldn't tell him?

It would burden him too much. Nobody- not even ones like him- should know what happened.

So you're going to leave him blind when he seeks answers? He isn't adjusting as well as the others...

Listen. If we tell him, he won't be able to live with that knowledge.

I... I suppose you're right...

Let's just let this play out.

// such mystery
// many wingdings[/color]

((Once again, the Wingdings doesn't work. It appears as your typical generic "you put the wrong thing in the font tag" font, which I believe is Times New Roman.))

(11-11-2015, 04:46 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: ((Once again, the Wingdings doesn't work. It appears as your typical generic "you put the wrong thing in the font tag" font, which I believe is Times New Roman.))

// wait, really? They work just fine on my screen...
// dammit, now I need to find a more mysterious font...

(11-11-2015, 04:11 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: "Oh, no, I got that done a few days ago! I was here mostly to ask about what kind of state I was in when I came here, to help jog my memory...guess I got a bit more than I expected, huh?"

Gregor managed a sort of half-smile at that. "Yes, I suppose you did... Alright, I will put clothes on and meet you in the lobby. And... Again, it is so good to see you again."

He raised a hand and returned her wave from earlier. Then he looked at Dr. Hardpaw. "Thanks again, Doctor. Thank you for keeping me alive for all this time."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Shaadaris - 11-11-2015

(11-11-2015, 04:54 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(11-11-2015, 04:46 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: ((Once again, the Wingdings doesn't work. It appears as your typical generic "you put the wrong thing in the font tag" font, which I believe is Times New Roman.))

// wait, really? They work just fine on my screen...
// dammit, now I need to find a more mysterious font...

((In general, you should only expect the ones listed in the font selection to function correctly for everyone. There may be cases of a few others that will work, but those depend on forum compatability, whether the other person has the font installed, and what browser they're using... And most of those would probably just be Sans-Serif ripoffs and the like.

Alternatively, if you want something that resembles a different font, use http://www.messletters.com/en/
This is what I used for Eltereavean and Ezvrael's text. ("Smooth v2" for Elt/Shopkeep and "Awesome" for Ezvrael) Word of warning though that not every symbol shown on that site may work with the forum.))

(11-11-2015, 05:06 AM)Comito Wrote:
(11-11-2015, 04:11 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: "Oh, no, I got that done a few days ago! I was here mostly to ask about what kind of state I was in when I came here, to help jog my memory...guess I got a bit more than I expected, huh?"

Gregor managed a sort of half-smile at that. "Yes, I suppose you did... Alright, I will put clothes on and meet you in the lobby. And... Again, it is so good to see you again."

He raised a hand and returned her wave from earlier. Then he looked at Dr. Hardpaw. "Thanks again, Doctor. Thank you for keeping me alive for all this time."

"It is my job, after all. Let me get you your clothes..."
---
Wurg sat in the lobby, waiting for Gregor to get his clothes.
---
The doctor got the clothes ready for Gregor. "Just go ahead and put this on, you're free to go!"

(11-11-2015, 05:11 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: "It is my job, after all. Let me get you your clothes..."
---
Wurg sat in the lobby, waiting for Gregor to get his clothes.
---
The doctor got the clothes ready for Gregor. "Just go ahead and put this on, you're free to go!"

Gregor slowly slipped into the clothes a piece at a time, and paused a moment to look himself over in a nearby mirror. "Oh, that reminds me... Was my credit card ever recovered?"

(11-10-2015, 08:23 PM)Rune Wrote: Rhayii looks at the strange Avali with a slightly tilted head. "How about telling us something about yourself? What you are doing currently is quite rude, hm ?"

(11-10-2015, 08:51 PM)Gonzogonz Wrote: *the Avali sighs, looking a bit uncomfortable*

"i'm sorry, it wasn't my intentions to offend anyone. in my defense it's been a long time since I've been together with other people."

*he quickly clears his throat*

"well, i'm a hunter, though unlike many others i hunt for the largest prey i can find. i often sell the remains to whatever lives nearby, though not before taking a few trophies. I've lived alone most of my life, raised on a sparsely populated low-tech backwater planet, i fled from there and has been making a living off hunting from there. i'm handy with my hands and can do a lot of stuff"

*he makes a sweeping motion, showing off his clothes and many adornments*

"all this i made myself from beast bits and other natural things. it's quite amazing what some creatures develop to ward off danger or hunt prey."

*he taps a metallic scale, making it give a wind chime effect as it click against other metallic scales of presumably the same origin*

"well... that's... about it"

*he looks down himself, absentmindedly scratching an ear. his story seems believable given his look and build, though there might still be more to it that what he has said so far*

//Sorry, didn't mean to leave you two in the dust.

Ralako listens intently and looks impressed, especially when he makes the noise with his armor. "Well, you do look like a formidable hunter! I think I'd like to see you in action some day! Anyway..."

He looks back over at Rhayii. "I suppose you can come with us to dinner, if it's alright with her too!"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Rune - 11-11-2015

(11-11-2015, 05:37 AM)Comito Wrote:
(11-10-2015, 08:23 PM)Rune Wrote: Rhayii looks at the strange Avali with a slightly tilted head. "How about telling us something about yourself? What you are doing currently is quite rude, hm ?"

(11-10-2015, 08:51 PM)Gonzogonz Wrote: *the Avali sighs, looking a bit uncomfortable*

"i'm sorry, it wasn't my intentions to offend anyone. in my defense it's been a long time since I've been together with other people."

*he quickly clears his throat*

"well, i'm a hunter, though unlike many others i hunt for the largest prey i can find. i often sell the remains to whatever lives nearby, though not before taking a few trophies. I've lived alone most of my life, raised on a sparsely populated low-tech backwater planet, i fled from there and has been making a living off hunting from there. i'm handy with my hands and can do a lot of stuff"

*he makes a sweeping motion, showing off his clothes and many adornments*

"all this i made myself from beast bits and other natural things. it's quite amazing what some creatures develop to ward off danger or hunt prey."

*he taps a metallic scale, making it give a wind chime effect as it click against other metallic scales of presumably the same origin*

"well... that's... about it"

*he looks down himself, absentmindedly scratching an ear. his story seems believable given his look and build, though there might still be more to it that what he has said so far*

//Sorry, didn't mean to leave you two in the dust.

Ralako listens intently and looks impressed, especially when he makes the noise with his armor. "Well, you do look like a formidable hunter! I think I'd like to see you in action some day! Anyway..."

He looks back over at Rhayii. "I suppose you can come with us to dinner, if it's alright with her too!"

Rhayii nods "He seems fine enough, so sure! "

She begins to walk towards the restaurant again and looks back towards the two males "You guys coming?"