Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Gonzogonz - 11-11-2015

(11-11-2015, 05:37 AM)Comito Wrote:
(11-11-2015, 05:11 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: "It is my job, after all. Let me get you your clothes..."
---
Wurg sat in the lobby, waiting for Gregor to get his clothes.
---
The doctor got the clothes ready for Gregor. "Just go ahead and put this on, you're free to go!"

Gregor slowly slipped into the clothes a piece at a time, and paused a moment to look himself over in a nearby mirror. "Oh, that reminds me... Was my credit card ever recovered?"

(11-10-2015, 08:23 PM)Rune Wrote: Rhayii looks at the strange Avali with a slightly tilted head. "How about telling us something about yourself? What you are doing currently is quite rude, hm ?"

(11-10-2015, 08:51 PM)Gonzogonz Wrote: *the Avali sighs, looking a bit uncomfortable*

"i'm sorry, it wasn't my intentions to offend anyone. in my defense it's been a long time since I've been together with other people."

*he quickly clears his throat*

"well, i'm a hunter, though unlike many others i hunt for the largest prey i can find. i often sell the remains to whatever lives nearby, though not before taking a few trophies. I've lived alone most of my life, raised on a sparsely populated low-tech backwater planet, i fled from there and has been making a living off hunting from there. i'm handy with my hands and can do a lot of stuff"

*he makes a sweeping motion, showing off his clothes and many adornments*

"all this i made myself from beast bits and other natural things. it's quite amazing what some creatures develop to ward off danger or hunt prey."

*he taps a metallic scale, making it give a wind chime effect as it click against other metallic scales of presumably the same origin*

"well... that's... about it"

*he looks down himself, absentmindedly scratching an ear. his story seems believable given his look and build, though there might still be more to it that what he has said so far*

//Sorry, didn't mean to leave you two in the dust.

Ralako listens intently and looks impressed, especially when he makes the noise with his armor. "Well, you do look like a formidable hunter! I think I'd like to see you in action some day! Anyway..."

He looks back over at Rhayii. "I suppose you can come with us to dinner, if it's alright with her too!"

*he blushes lightly, the praise embarrassing him a bit*

"h- heh, it's not really that impressive... just timing and acrobatics really. (dodgerolls ftw)

(11-11-2015, 06:30 AM)Rune Wrote:

//Sorry, didn't mean to leave you two in the dust.

Ralako listens intently and looks impressed, especially when he makes the noise with his armor. "Well, you do look like a formidable hunter! I think I'd like to see you in action some day! Anyway..."

He looks back over at Rhayii. "I suppose you can come with us to dinner, if it's alright with her too!"

Rhayii nods "He seems fine enough, so sure! "

She begins to walk towards the restaurant again and looks back towards the two males "You guys coming?"

*his ears flick and he turns towards Rhayii, he looks a bit stumped for a bit before his face changes back to a smile*

"ah, y- yeah, comming!"

*he would look back down to Ralako, tilting his head in Rha's direction before he began trotting after her*

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Joeythomas - 11-11-2015

(11-11-2015, 02:37 AM)Corosar Wrote:
(11-11-2015, 02:33 AM)Joeythomas Wrote: *you see a monitor with a counter ticking down from two, and the room is filled with high grade explosives, not a ingot of metal in sight. The bomb hits 1

*the avail sits down in the field, a faint shimmer can be seen in the sky*
It's a fine night.
Too bad I'm on delivery duty...

She perked her ears up hearing the avali speak. She slowly poked her head out and did a quick look around seeing the shimmer in the sky blinking softly. That must be the ship she thought to herself as she made sure her weapon was ready just watching for the time being.
*the shuttle uncloaks and sends a cold gust of wind across the field, and lowers its landing legs. There is a bright flash in the sky, presumably a explosion*
Poor souls...

(11-11-2015, 04:28 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(11-11-2015, 02:48 AM)Joeythomas Wrote: *something begins to drag umbra and presumably put him into a body bag, and heads off via car, with the bag stuffed into the trunk*

There's no resistance from the unconscious... Umbreon? It's hard to know what he is, truthfully...

(11-11-2015, 03:30 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: ((Joey, I just want to say you...really need to stop harassing and messing with Umbra so much. It's getting out of hand.))

// I have to agree. It's gotten to the point where I'm expecting shit like this every day...

--------------

Are you sure we shouldn't tell him?

It would burden him too much. Nobody- not even ones like him- should know what happened.

So you're going to leave him blind when he seeks answers? He isn't adjusting as well as the others...

Listen. If we tell him, he won't be able to live with that knowledge.

I... I suppose you're right...

Let's just let this play out.

// such mystery
// many wingdings[/color]
//then the body bag and car are retcond*

(11-11-2015, 11:10 AM)Joeythomas Wrote:
(11-11-2015, 02:37 AM)Corosar Wrote: She perked her ears up hearing the avali speak. She slowly poked her head out and did a quick look around seeing the shimmer in the sky blinking softly. That must be the ship she thought to herself as she made sure her weapon was ready just watching for the time being.
*the shuttle uncloaks and sends a cold gust of wind across the field, and lowers its landing legs. There is a bright flash in the sky, presumably a explosion*
Poor souls...

(11-11-2015, 04:28 AM)Umbra Wrote: There's no resistance from the unconscious... Umbreon? It's hard to know what he is, truthfully...

// I have to agree. It's gotten to the point where I'm expecting shit like this every day...

--------------

It would burden him too much. Nobody- not even ones like him- should know what happened.

So you're going to leave him blind when he seeks answers? He isn't adjusting as well as the others...

// such mystery

// instead of retconning stuff like that, fix it before it happens in the future. if half the RP is spent retconning past decisions it's a bad RP.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Corosar - 11-11-2015

(11-11-2015, 11:10 AM)Joeythomas Wrote:
(11-11-2015, 02:37 AM)Corosar Wrote: She perked her ears up hearing the avali speak. She slowly poked her head out and did a quick look around seeing the shimmer in the sky blinking softly. That must be the ship she thought to herself as she made sure her weapon was ready just watching for the time being.
Poor souls...

(11-11-2015, 04:28 AM)Umbra Wrote: There's no resistance from the unconscious... Umbreon? It's hard to know what he is, truthfully...

--------------

// such mystery

She saw the uncloaked shuttle tilting her head couriously as she watched. She wanted to confirm how many there were before she went to disable them to bring them in. She saw one soul on the flashing shuttle pass on. She was happy it was only the one but she still mourned the loss as it moved to the next life. She quickly returned her attention to the landed shuttle.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Comito - 11-11-2015

(11-11-2015, 06:30 AM)Rune Wrote: Rhayii nods "He seems fine enough, so sure! "

She begins to walk towards the restaurant again and looks back towards the two males "You guys coming?"

(11-11-2015, 07:49 AM)Gonzogonz Wrote: *he blushes lightly, the praise embarrassing him a bit*

"h- heh, it's not really that impressive... just timing and acrobatics really. (dodgerolls ftw)

*his ears flick and he turns towards Rhayii, he looks a bit stumped for a bit before his face changes back to a smile*

"ah, y- yeah, comming!"

*he would look back down to Ralako, tilting his head in Rha's direction before he began trotting after her*

Ralako nods at them both, and quickly skitters after Rhayii before she vanishes into the crowd. 

Along the way, he keeps glancing at Gonzo's odd attire. "So all that functions as armor? How tough is it, exactly?"

(11-11-2015, 02:37 PM)Comito Wrote:
(11-11-2015, 06:30 AM)Rune Wrote: Rhayii nods "He seems fine enough, so sure! "

(11-11-2015, 07:49 AM)Gonzogonz Wrote: *he blushes lightly, the praise embarrassing him a bit*

"ah, y- yeah, comming!"

Ralako nods at them both, and quickly skitters after Rhayii before she vanishes into the crowd. 

Along the way, he keeps glancing at Gonzo's odd attire. "So all that functions as armor? How tough is it, exactly?"

*he smiles, giving a light chuckle at the question*

"that depends entirely on the sort of damage you want to negate, to which i find this armor to be the best because it's lightweight, an attack can't hurt you if it doesn't hit you. i prefer to stay light on my paws, while heavy combat armor might be able to sustain the damage from an few attacks, i'ts far from strong enough to take reapeted beatings from beast that can send you flying with a single swipe. so it's better to just dodge. this clothing protects more against the elements, heat and cold, but also provides some electrical insulation as well as being strong enough to brush off whatever small rocks and bits of earth the beast might tear out when it's attacks miss."

*the Avali smiles down at Ralako, looking quite happy to have someone to talk with. he puts a claw to his chin tilting his head*

"you seem quite knowledgeable, have you hunted before?

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 11-11-2015

// screw it, I'll just keep using Wingdings.

We should probably do something about his... Current state...

He'll recover in time. For now, I'll let you wake him up.

Urgh... What...

It's time for you to return to consciousness.

----------------

Umbra wakes with a start. He's lying on the side of a hill near the settlement, bare except for a tree at its peak.
"What... What just..."
He sits there for a while, somewhat freaked out.
Who... Who were those people? And why do I feel like I know them?...
...Great, I started with one existential crisis, and now I've got two...

He stands up and... Stands there.
Great... Guess I'm locked as is for now. Again.
He starts walking back toward the village.

// can anyone besides Shaad not see the wingdings?

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Marxon - 11-11-2015

(11-11-2015, 04:44 AM)Ehksidian Wrote:
(11-11-2015, 04:30 AM)Marxon Wrote: // now I'm being outright ignored... What am I supposed to do?

((Not skip over someone's response and go do something that you shouldn't be able to do. You were asked if you had an appointment, and completely breezed past that. I also completely missed your post, which is why I didn't initially respond. But you also missed the one I made.))
// my bad, ill look for it
(11-10-2015, 10:08 PM)Ehksidian Wrote:
(11-10-2015, 10:00 PM)Comito Wrote: Gregor grunted when Wurg suddenly zipped over and hugged him. He nearly fell backwards, but managed to swing his tail down into a 'tripod' position for support. His reflexes were still intact, it seemed.

"I thought you died too..." He remembered seeing her, so horribly maimed in the beast's aftermath. Slowly but surely, he raised his arms and hugged Wurg back. "It is good to see you again."

"Y-yeah...good to see you, too...I...almost didn't remember. Had a bit of amnesia, but it's getting better, I'm remembering everything now..." She let out a quavering sigh. "I'm just happy to know you're okay."

(11-10-2015, 10:00 PM)Marxon Wrote: *walks quickly out of the hospital, more confused than when he entered*

That was odd, Xrays don't usually look like that. Maybe I can find another facility, Stalwart something something may help...

*eventually returns to Stalwart Cybernetics*

Hello? Anyone around?

"Do you have an appointment?" The secretary said. They were sitting behind the counter within the waiting room.
No but I'd like to make one as soon as possible...

*he looks at the secretary with a grimace and raises his right hand, his wrist is bent backwards at an odd angle*

This suit, it's stuck on, the only thing I can do is retract the helmet.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Ehksidian - 11-11-2015

(11-11-2015, 03:31 PM)Umbra Wrote: // screw it, I'll just keep using Wingdings.

Urgh... What...

----------------

Umbra wakes with a start. He's lying on the side of a hill near the settlement, bare except for a tree at its peak.
"What... What just..."

((Can't see them either.))
(11-11-2015, 03:40 PM)Marxon Wrote:
(11-10-2015, 10:08 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: "Do you have an appointment?" The secretary said. They were sitting behind the counter within the waiting room.
No but I'd like to make one as soon as possible...

*he looks at the secretary with a grimace and raises his right hand, his wrist is bent backwards at an odd angle*

"Sir, I'm sorry but we cannot help you with that. You need to see the hospital about your wrist before we can do anything about that suit."

(11-11-2015, 05:11 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: "It is my job, after all. Let me get you your clothes..."
---
Wurg sat in the lobby, waiting for Gregor to get his clothes.
---
The doctor got the clothes ready for Gregor. "Just go ahead and put this on, you're free to go!"

Gregor slowly slipped into the clothes a piece at a time, and paused a moment to look himself over in a nearby mirror. "Oh, that reminds me... Was my credit card ever recovered?"

"No, there were no cards when we recovered you. Though you probably can get a new card quite easily. Just inform the bank or credit company your card was lost in the field and they should replace it swiftly."

(11-11-2015, 04:09 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: ((Can't see them either.))

// why is Wingdings working for me but not anyone else?

(11-11-2015, 04:35 PM)Umbra Wrote:

// why is Wingdings working for me but not anyone else?

//I can see them on my PC, but not on mobile.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Rune - 11-11-2015

(11-11-2015, 04:38 PM)Comito Wrote:
(11-11-2015, 04:35 PM)Umbra Wrote: // why is Wingdings working for me but not anyone else?

//I can see them on my PC, but not on mobile.

// Same here.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Marxon - 11-11-2015

(11-11-2015, 04:09 PM)Ehksidian Wrote:
(11-11-2015, 03:31 PM)Umbra Wrote: // screw it, I'll just keep using Wingdings.

Urgh... What...

----------------

"What... What just..."

((Can't see them either.))
(11-11-2015, 03:40 PM)Marxon Wrote: No but I'd like to make one as soon as possible...

"Sir, I'm sorry but we cannot help you with that. You need to see the hospital about your wrist before we can do anything about that suit."

(11-11-2015, 05:37 AM)Comito Wrote: Gregor slowly slipped into the clothes a piece at a time, and paused a moment to look himself over in a nearby mirror. "Oh, that reminds me... Was my credit card ever recovered?"

"No, there were no cards when we recovered you. Though you probably can get a new card quite easily. Just inform the bank or credit company your card was lost in the field and they should replace it swiftly."
The hospital couldn't help, forgot why.

This stupid suit of armor is malfunctioning and I'd like to get out of it before it breaks my bones, surely you can do something?

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Ehksidian - 11-11-2015

(11-11-2015, 04:57 PM)Marxon Wrote:

The hospital couldn't help, forgot why.

This stupid suit of armor is malfunctioning and I'd like to get out of it before it breaks my bones, surely you can do something?

"We can't help you until you get your wrist fixed, because we are not licensed to do so."

(11-11-2015, 04:09 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: "No, there were no cards when we recovered you. Though you probably can get a new card quite easily. Just inform the bank or credit company your card was lost in the field and they should replace it swiftly."
"I will do that, then. Once again, thank you. I will return if issues arise." He shook Hardpaw's hand once again, then turned to head for the lobby. His gait was still somewhat stiff, about halfway between natural and mechanical walking, but very steady.

Gregor could see lots of other patients as he passed the other rooms, and wondered where the other members of the expedition were now. Perhaps some were still here in the clinic, waiting for their turn to wake up.

He soon made his way to the lobby, where he could see Wurg and many other people, including an Avali in armor talking to the receptionist. He quickly made his way over to the former.

(11-11-2015, 02:49 PM)Gonzogonz Wrote: *he smiles, giving a light chuckle at the question*

"that depends entirely on the sort of damage you want to negate, to which i find this armor to be the best because it's lightweight, an attack can't hurt you if it doesn't hit you. i prefer to stay light on my paws, while heavy combat armor might be able to sustain the damage from an few attacks, i'ts far from strong enough to take reapeted beatings from beast that can send you flying with a single swipe. so it's better to just dodge. this clothing protects more against the elements, heat and cold, but also provides some electrical insulation as well as being strong enough to brush off whatever small rocks and bits of earth the beast might tear out when it's attacks miss."

*the Avali smiles down at Ralako, looking quite happy to have someone to talk with. he puts a claw to his chin tilting his head*

"Have I hunted before? That's a good one!" Ralako laughs sincerely. "But yeah, I have! Wouldn't be part of the Grasshoppers if I hadn't! Say, what's your name?"

(11-11-2015, 05:34 PM)Comito Wrote:
(11-11-2015, 02:49 PM)Gonzogonz Wrote: *he smiles, giving a light chuckle at the question*

"Have I hunted before? That's a good one!" Ralako laughs sincerely. "But yeah, I have! Wouldn't be part of the Grasshoppers if I hadn't! Say, what's your name?"

"maybe we should head out hunting together some time, some company would be nice!"

*the Avali seemed stumped for a moment when Ralako asks for his name, turning a few ears away, heaving a light sigh*

"i... don't really have a name. the few people i have talked to have mostly referred to me as 'Hunter' but... that's not really a suitable name... though neither is Demon Child i suppose. so for the time being i'm nameless. i spend most of my time in the wilderness alone, no reason to have a name if it's only going to be your prey that hears it."

Umbra walks into his house and flicks on the lights. He smiles upon seeing that nothing has changed.
Guess it wouldn't hurt to do a little housekeeping...
He starts looking around for something to dust with.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Rune - 11-11-2015

(11-11-2015, 06:20 PM)Gonzogonz Wrote:
(11-11-2015, 05:34 PM)Comito Wrote: "Have I hunted before? That's a good one!" Ralako laughs sincerely. "But yeah, I have! Wouldn't be part of the Grasshoppers if I hadn't! Say, what's your name?"

"maybe we should head out hunting together some time, some company would be nice!"

*the Avali seemed stumped for a moment when Ralako asks for his name, turning a few ears away, heaving a light sigh*

"i... don't really have a name. the few people i have talked to have mostly referred to me as 'Hunter' but... that's not really a suitable name... though neither is Demon Child i suppose. so for the time being i'm nameless. i spend most of my time in the wilderness alone, no reason to have a name if it's only going to be your prey that hears it."

Rhayii speaks up without even looking back "You sure are weird. But you seem okay."

(11-11-2015, 06:28 PM)Rune Wrote:
(11-11-2015, 06:20 PM)Gonzogonz Wrote: "maybe we should head out hunting together some time, some company would be nice!"

Rhayii speaks up without even looking back "You sure are weird. But you seem okay."

*he freezes for a moment, relaxing quickly again with a chuckle, his ears dropping slightly*

"eer- h- heh, thanks!"

*he swallows, feeling like he has a sudden lump in his throat*

"so, where were you planning on going for food? i'm not really used to the places around here..."

(11-11-2015, 06:28 PM)Rune Wrote:
(11-11-2015, 06:20 PM)Gonzogonz Wrote: "maybe we should head out hunting together some time, some company would be nice!"

Ralako nods. "Yeah, pretty interesting! I guess we can just called you 'Hunter' if that's fine with you! By the way, you're like, really tall! I thought I was tall, but you're a giant!"

Standing at nearly 4 feet in height, the Avali is indeed tall for his kind, but nowhere near how tall Hunter is.