Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Rune - 11-11-2015

(11-11-2015, 07:19 PM)Comito Wrote:
(11-11-2015, 06:28 PM)Rune Wrote: Rhayii speaks up without even looking back "You sure are weird. But you seem okay."

Ralako nods. "Yeah, pretty interesting! I guess we can just called you 'Hunter' if that's fine with you! By the way, you're like, really tall! I thought I was tall, but you're a giant!"

Standing at nearly 4 feet in height, the Avali is indeed tall for his kind, but nowhere near how tall Hunter is.

Rhayii nods too " 'Hunter' works for me, if that's okay for you? "

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Gonzogonz - 11-11-2015

(11-11-2015, 07:19 PM)Comito Wrote:
(11-11-2015, 06:28 PM)Rune Wrote: Rhayii speaks up without even looking back "You sure are weird. But you seem okay."

Ralako nods. "Yeah, pretty interesting! I guess we can just called you 'Hunter' if that's fine with you! By the way, you're like, really tall! I thought I was tall, but you're a giant!"

Standing at nearly 4 feet in height, the Avali is indeed tall for his kind, but nowhere near how tall Hunter is.

"well, i'm... not exactly 'normal' by Avali standards. i don't have a pack for one. though that was just how i was raised... a- anyway, what will be eating? traditional or molecular?"

*for whatever reason he seemed to Avoid the subject of his person's detail and past*

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Ehksidian - 11-11-2015

(11-11-2015, 05:34 PM)Comito Wrote:
(11-11-2015, 04:09 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: "No, there were no cards when we recovered you. Though you probably can get a new card quite easily. Just inform the bank or credit company your card was lost in the field and they should replace it swiftly."
"I will do that, then. Once again, thank you. I will return if issues arise." He shook Hardpaw's hand once again, then turned to head for the lobby. His gait was still somewhat stiff, about halfway between natural and mechanical walking, but very steady.

Gregor could see lots of other patients as he passed the other rooms, and wondered where the other members of the expedition were now. Perhaps some were still here in the clinic, waiting for their turn to wake up.

He soon made his way to the lobby, where he could see Wurg and many other people, including an Avali in armor talking to the receptionist. He quickly made his way over to the former.
"You ready to go? I'm ready to go. Can we go?" Wurg asked. She was visibly uncomfortable with the Avali in armor standing in the room...probably because of the very clearly broken wrist and the fact they weren't reacting to it much. It disturbed her on some bizarre level.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Comito - 11-11-2015

(11-11-2015, 08:31 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: "You ready to go? I'm ready to go. Can we go?" Wurg asked. She was visibly uncomfortable with the Avali in armor standing in the room...probably because of the very clearly broken wrist and the fact they weren't reacting to it much. It disturbed her on some bizarre level.

Gregor nodded. "Yes, I am ready." He followed her gaze back to the Avali, just now noticing his broken wrist, and grimaced. "He should really go to the hospital for that."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Gonzogonz - 11-11-2015

(11-11-2015, 07:37 PM)Rune Wrote:
(11-11-2015, 07:19 PM)Comito Wrote: Ralako nods. "Yeah, pretty interesting! I guess we can just called you 'Hunter' if that's fine with you! By the way, you're like, really tall! I thought I was tall, but you're a giant!"

Rhayii nods too " 'Hunter' works for me, if that's okay for you? "

"err- y- yeah its fine!"

*he gives a bit of an anxious smile, once again scratching at his ears*

(11-11-2015, 08:37 PM)Comito Wrote:
(11-11-2015, 08:31 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: "You ready to go? I'm ready to go. Can we go?" Wurg asked. She was visibly uncomfortable with the Avali in armor standing in the room...probably because of the very clearly broken wrist and the fact they weren't reacting to it much. It disturbed her on some bizarre level.

Gregor nodded. "Yes, I am ready." He followed her gaze back to the Avali, just now noticing his broken wrist, and grimaced. "He should really go to the hospital for that."

"Y-yeah..." She stood up, and motioned for Gregor to follow. "You wanna stop somewhere before we head down, or no?"

(11-11-2015, 09:02 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: "Y-yeah..." She stood up, and motioned for Gregor to follow. "You wanna stop somewhere before we head down, or no?"

He began to follow Wurg, giving the injured Avali one more glance before they left. "I need to go to a bank to get a new card."

(11-11-2015, 09:13 PM)Comito Wrote:
(11-11-2015, 09:02 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: "Y-yeah..." She stood up, and motioned for Gregor to follow. "You wanna stop somewhere before we head down, or no?"

He began to follow Wurg, giving the injured Avali one more glance before they left. "I need to go to a bank to get a new card."

"Mhm, alright. There's probably one nearby...I don't remember where one is around here."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 11-11-2015

Umbra steps back, duster in hand, to gaze upon his work. Not a speck of dust left on any surface he could reach.
Well, that's done... Now what?...
He ventures to the closet to put away the duster, then looks out his window.
Beautiful day out... Maybe I should go for a walk... And, uh... Take something with me in case of trouble.
He grabs the T-shaped device off its rack near the door.
On second thought, I should really get this exchanged for something else... There's this nice hard-light shield I've had my eye on for a while...
Umbra shoves the device in his pocket and heads for the station.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Shaadaris - 11-11-2015

(11-11-2015, 04:35 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(11-11-2015, 04:09 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: ((Can't see them either.))

// why is Wingdings working for me but not anyone else?

((As I explained earlier...))
(11-11-2015, 05:10 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: ((In general, you should only expect the ones listed in the forum font selection to function correctly for everyone. There may be cases of a few others that will work, but those depend on forum compatability, whether the other person has the font installed, and what browser they're using... And most of those would probably just be Sans-Serif ripoffs and the like, nothing fancy or special.

Alternatively, if you want something that resembles a different font, use http://www.messletters.com/en/
This is what I used for Eltereavean and Ezvrael's text. ("Smooth v2" for Elt/Shopkeep and "Awesome" for Ezvrael) Word of warning though that not every symbol shown on that site may work with the forum, and stuff like the MathScript and Royal presets do not show up at all.))

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Joeythomas - 11-11-2015

(11-11-2015, 01:07 PM)Corosar Wrote:
(11-11-2015, 11:10 AM)Joeythomas Wrote: *the shuttle uncloaks and sends a cold gust of wind across the field, and lowers its landing legs. There is a bright flash in the sky, presumably a explosion*
Poor souls...

//then the body bag and car are retcond*

She saw the uncloaked shuttle tilting her head couriously as she watched. She wanted to confirm how many there were before she went to disable them to bring them in. She saw one soul on the flashing shuttle pass on. She was happy it was only the one but she still mourned the loss as it moved to the next life. She quickly returned her attention to the landed shuttle.
*a hatch opens out with a hydraulic hiss, and a set of two armed gaurds wearing fallout Eskimo power armor exit, the the shady avali goes up to greet them, but is soon shot a few times in the legs*
*a Hover trolley backs out of the shuttle, and another guard aproches it with a sliver foil*
*there appears to be three more soldiers inside the ship, as well the three outside. Whoever was leading this Robery must be a professional*

(11-11-2015, 09:20 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: "Mhm, alright. There's probably one nearby...I don't remember where one is around here."

He raised a hand to his chin. "I think I had a map installed. It should still work."

His eyes glowed softly as he went over his internal systems. Soon, a minimap appeared in the corner of his vision. He set it to find the nearest bank, and then a marker appeared on it.

"I found one. It is very close." He then took the lead, following the marker toward the bank.

(11-11-2015, 09:52 PM)Comito Wrote:
(11-11-2015, 09:20 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: "Mhm, alright. There's probably one nearby...I don't remember where one is around here."

He raised a hand to his chin. "I think I had a map installed. It should still work."

His eyes glowed softly as he went over his internal systems. Soon, a minimap appeared in the corner of his vision. He set it to find the nearest bank, and then a marker appeared on it.

"I found one. It is very close." He then took the lead, following the marker toward the bank.

"Alright!" She followed closely behind Gregor, until they reached the bank.

(11-11-2015, 09:58 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: "Alright!" She followed closely behind Gregor, until they reached the bank.

Gregor got in line at the bank and looked back at Wurg. "So, Copper. What have you been doing all this time? You said you live on the surface."

(11-11-2015, 10:30 PM)Comito Wrote:
(11-11-2015, 09:58 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: "Alright!" She followed closely behind Gregor, until they reached the bank.

Gregor got in line at the bank and looked back at Wurg. "So, Copper. What have you been doing all this time? You said you live on the surface."

She shrugged, and said, "I've just been...living, I guess. Haven't been able to do much while my body has been adjusting to the cybernetics. If it was just an arm or something, I'd probably be back at a job by now, but considering how much I lost..."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Marxon - 11-11-2015

(11-11-2015, 05:19 PM)Ehksidian Wrote:
(11-11-2015, 04:57 PM)Marxon Wrote: The hospital couldn't help, forgot why.

This stupid suit of armor is malfunctioning and I'd like to get out of it before it breaks my bones, surely you can do something?

"We can't help you until you get your wrist fixed, because we are not licensed to do so."
I told you it's the armor, it took an emp hit and hasn't functioned right.

I just need someone to disengage the control chip on my back, it's ironically right in the spot I can't reach.

(11-11-2015, 05:34 PM)Comito Wrote:
(11-11-2015, 04:09 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: "No, there were no cards when we recovered you. Though you probably can get a new card quite easily. Just inform the bank or credit company your card was lost in the field and they should replace it swiftly."
"I will do that, then. Once again, thank you. I will return if issues arise." He shook Hardpaw's hand once again, then turned to head for the lobby. His gait was still somewhat stiff, about halfway between natural and mechanical walking, but very steady.

Gregor could see lots of other patients as he passed the other rooms, and wondered where the other members of the expedition were now. Perhaps some were still here in the clinic, waiting for their turn to wake up.

He soon made his way to the lobby, where he could see Wurg and many other people, including an Avali in armor talking to the receptionist. He quickly made his way over to the former.

(11-11-2015, 02:49 PM)Gonzogonz Wrote: *he smiles, giving a light chuckle at the question*

"that depends entirely on the sort of damage you want to negate, to which i find this armor to be the best because it's lightweight, an attack can't hurt you if it doesn't hit you. i prefer to stay light on my paws, while heavy combat armor might be able to sustain the damage from an few attacks, i'ts far from strong enough to take reapeted beatings from beast that can send you flying with a single swipe. so it's better to just dodge. this clothing protects more against the elements, heat and cold, but also provides some electrical insulation as well as being strong enough to brush off whatever small rocks and bits of earth the beast might tear out when it's attacks miss."

*the Avali smiles down at Ralako, looking quite happy to have someone to talk with. he puts a claw to his chin tilting his head*

"you seem quite knowledgeable, have you hunted before?

"Have I hunted before? That's a good one!" Ralako laughs sincerely. "But yeah, I have! Wouldn't be part of the Grasshoppers if I hadn't! Say, what's your name?"
Oh uhhhh... hi?

Question, can you... punch me in the middle of the back? Best if you don't ask questions.

(11-11-2015, 10:47 PM)Marxon Wrote: I just need someone to disengage the control chip on my back, it's ironically right in the spot I can't reach.

"Doctor Vithnep, we need your assistance to turn something off," The secretary buzzed in. A few moments later, a very disgruntled looking human doctor walked in. His hair was thinning, and a pair of wire-frame glasses adorned his face. "What? What needs to be turned off?"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Marxon - 11-11-2015

(11-11-2015, 11:01 PM)Ehksidian Wrote:
(11-11-2015, 10:47 PM)Marxon Wrote: I just need someone to disengage the control chip on my back, it's ironically right in the spot I can't reach.

"Doctor Vithnep, we need your assistance to turn something off," The secretary buzzed in. A few moments later, a very disgruntled looking human doctor walked in. His hair was thinning, and a pair of wire-frame glasses adorned his face. "What? What needs to be turned off?"
My suit, can't reach button... constricting bloodflow I think.

(11-11-2015, 11:04 PM)Marxon Wrote:
(11-11-2015, 11:01 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: "Doctor Vithnep, we need your assistance to turn something off," The secretary buzzed in. A few moments later, a very disgruntled looking human doctor walked in. His hair was thinning, and a pair of wire-frame glasses adorned his face. "What? What needs to be turned off?"
My suit, can't reach button... constricting bloodflow I think.

"Turn around," The doctor grunted. Obviously he wasn't too pleased about being called out here.

(11-11-2015, 10:31 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: She shrugged, and said, "I've just been...living, I guess. Haven't been able to do much while my body has been adjusting to the cybernetics. If it was just an arm or something, I'd probably be back at a job by now, but considering how much I lost..."

"Seems we are in the same boat, so to speak. Nothing to do but wait and recover. I will not be a burden, though, I promise."

The line advanced a little, and Gregor took the time to look up into the "sky" of the ring-shaped station.