Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 11-12-2015

(oh my god how many days has it been since I posted anything at all here...)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Ranger_92 - 11-12-2015

*Wakes up in orbit of nexus 17*
"Gah! Technicolour portals"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - UnamusedAvali - 11-12-2015

//So, this is a question of can I use or not use.
//Canuri, a separatist human colony both my bounty hunter previously and Felix hail from have designed their own portals not unlike that of Nexus 17's, though the Canuri's are incredibly unpredictable.
//Voids are the main form of portal they are home to a replica universe in a different location, an alternate universe, if one decides to bring a item from Universe I into Universe II they have already done that it the other universe, however, between the Void is an intriguing expanse known as the Gap, the gap is present in both Voids and rifts but varies in the two, the Gap in the case of the Rift however is a black expanse of nothing, occasionally however, Crystal deposits formed by the gases in the Void Gap can be obtained and sold for a fair price, these crystals share properties with Void Particles as the same kind of material creates them, only through different means. However if one tries to merge the two universes between the void the planet, or the originating source of the merge will be obliterated. However in rare cases such as that with Canuri, where there two sources the planets were damaged critically by debris from the Void, this however compromised several areas, a few of which contained research facilities on alien contact, releasing several parasitical specimens, Felix detonated the planet's supply of Void based weaponry on the planet, destroying it completely.
//The rift is very similar, however the Rift is a physical tear. It's ragged and not completely accurate, if someone somehow, somehow survives the journey through, they will find themselves a few centuries behind, where there is no way home. The gap here however is full of constantly forming nebulas and stars, dust and deadly debris, not to mention incredibly volatile crystal shards that can be harvested for an almost infinite source of power, no human has ever safely exited out the other end of a rift unscathed and often the sheer effect of the tear is enough to level a city.
//We will not open a rift near anyone or anything, one may be discovered inside of the planet.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Comito - 11-12-2015

(11-11-2015, 07:37 PM)Rune Wrote: Rhayii nods too " 'Hunter' works for me, if that's okay for you? "

(11-11-2015, 07:40 PM)Gonzogonz Wrote: "well, i'm... not exactly 'normal' by Avali standards. i don't have a pack for one. though that was just how i was raised... a- anyway, what will be eating? traditional or molecular?"

*for whatever reason he seemed to Avoid the subject of his person's detail and past*

"Traditional I hope! I've not heard of 'molecular', but it doesn't sound all that appetizing..."

Ralako looks and listens as they walk, wondering where exactly the restaurant is.

(11-12-2015, 03:54 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: "Credit cards do not have balances. Your maximum amount of spending is four thousand credits. Have a nice day."

"Right... I knew that. Thanks again."

Gregor left the line and headed for the bank's door. "I should be able to get some new clothes and a bed with this. How many connectors does your charging port have?"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Ehksidian - 11-12-2015

(11-12-2015, 05:40 AM)Marxon Wrote:
(11-12-2015, 05:07 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: "Well, it's not," The doctor muttered. He slipped on his gloves, and hooked up the passed-out Avali to an IV drip, containing the needed anesthesia. He then began the process of removing and repairing the neural jack. working as quickly and efficiently as possible. He had a few hours, of course...
---
Three hours later, and the doctor had repaired the damage done to the jack, and did his best to retain any and all data on it as well. He wiped the sweat off his brow, sterilized the jack, and began putting it back in. Thirty minutes after he began, the process was finished. The IV drip was stopped, and the anti-anesthetic was applied to wake Marx up.
*the area underneath the jack was all metallic, only the skin was organic in appearance*

Nnnnngh... I think I should actually sleep...

*raises his right arm, with some difficulty*

I feel so weak.

*gets up, takes two steps, then faceplants the floor*

The doctor sighs, and calls in some assistance to heft the Avali up off the floor and back onto the table. "Well, he obviously needs rest, and I can't just take the payment yet...someone, please take him to the recovery room!"

A fairly large and bulky robot lumbered into the room. It slowly slid its arms underneath Marxon, and raised him. It slogged off to the patient recovery room, which was where Gregor was earlier. The robot gingerly put Marxon down onto one of the empty beds, and then left.

(11-12-2015, 01:59 PM)Comito Wrote: "Right... I knew that. Thanks again."

Gregor left the line and headed for the bank's door. "I should be able to get some new clothes and a bed with this. How many connectors does your charging port have?"

"Oh, uh, right now it only has one cable attached, but it has three ports on it if I remember correctly. I only use one, so..." She shrugged. "Anyways, let's get down there."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Gonzogonz - 11-12-2015

(11-12-2015, 01:59 PM)Comito Wrote:
(11-11-2015, 07:37 PM)Rune Wrote: Rhayii nods too " 'Hunter' works for me, if that's okay for you? "

(11-11-2015, 07:40 PM)Gonzogonz Wrote: "well, i'm... not exactly 'normal' by Avali standards. i don't have a pack for one. though that was just how i was raised... a- anyway, what will be eating? traditional or molecular?"

*for whatever reason he seemed to Avoid the subject of his person's detail and past*

"Traditional I hope! I've not heard of 'molecular', but it doesn't sound all that appetizing..."

Ralako looks and listens as they walk, wondering where exactly the restaurant is.

(11-12-2015, 03:54 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: "Credit cards do not have balances. Your maximum amount of spending is four thousand credits. Have a nice day."

"Right... I knew that. Thanks again."

"molecular isn't bad at all, though it's a bit more like an art show than a meal. lots of bubbles and other stuff that has funny tastes embedded in them. it's weird and eventful, but not bad. if you haven't tried it in some way we should really try it. though some traditional stir fry does sound good right about now"

*the Avali smiles and wipes a bit of drool off his lips, man it's been a while since he had anything real to eat, only drinks and those small nut bowls snack things*

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - UnamusedAvali - 11-12-2015

//Can I use the rifts/ voids idea?

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 11-12-2015

(11-12-2015, 02:31 PM)UnamusedAvali Wrote: //Can I use the rifts/ voids idea?

(11-12-2015, 11:08 AM)UnamusedAvali Wrote: //So, this is a question of can I use or not use.
//Canuri, a separatist human colony both my bounty hunter previously and Felix hail from have designed their own portals not unlike that of Nexus 17's, though the Canuri's are incredibly unpredictable.
//Voids are the main form of portal they are home to a replica universe in a different location, an alternate universe, if one decides to bring a item from Universe I into Universe II they have already done that it the other universe, however, between the Void is an intriguing expanse known as the Gap, the gap is present in both Voids and rifts but varies in the two, the Gap in the case of the Rift however is a black expanse of nothing, occasionally however, Crystal deposits formed by the gases in the Void Gap can be obtained and sold for a fair price, these crystals share properties with Void Particles as the same kind of material creates them, only through different means. However if one tries to merge the two universes between the void the planet, or the originating source of the merge will be obliterated. However in rare cases such as that with Canuri, where there two sources the planets were damaged critically by debris from the Void, this however compromised several areas, a few of which contained research facilities on alien contact, releasing several parasitical specimens, Felix detonated the planet's supply of Void based weaponry on the planet, destroying it completely.
//The rift is very similar, however the Rift is a physical tear. It's ragged and not completely accurate, if someone somehow, somehow survives the journey through, they will find themselves a few centuries behind, where there is no way home. The gap here however is full of constantly forming nebulas and stars, dust and deadly debris, not to mention incredibly volatile crystal shards that can be harvested for an almost infinite source of power, no human has ever safely exited out the other end of a rift unscathed and often the sheer effect of the tear is enough to level a city.
//We will not open a rift near anyone or anything, one may be discovered inside of the planet.

// Well, uh...

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Marxon - 11-12-2015

(11-12-2015, 02:23 PM)Ehksidian Wrote:
(11-12-2015, 05:40 AM)Marxon Wrote: *the area underneath the jack was all metallic, only the skin was organic in appearance*

Nnnnngh... I think I should actually sleep...

*raises his right arm, with some difficulty*

I feel so weak.

*gets up, takes two steps, then faceplants the floor*

The doctor sighs, and calls in some assistance to heft the Avali up off the floor and back onto the table. "Well, he obviously needs rest, and I can't just take the payment yet...someone, please take him to the recovery room!"

A fairly large and bulky robot lumbered into the room. It slowly slid its arms underneath Marxon, and raised him. It slogged off to the patient recovery room, which was where Gregor was earlier. The robot gingerly put Marxon down onto one of the empty beds, and then left.

(11-12-2015, 01:59 PM)Comito Wrote: "Right... I knew that. Thanks again."

"Oh, uh, right now it only has one cable attached, but it has three ports on it if I remember correctly. I only use one, so..." She shrugged. "Anyways, let's get down there."
*he seems to weigh almost half of what he should, a very anomalous property*

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Gonzogonz - 11-12-2015

(11-12-2015, 03:08 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(11-12-2015, 02:31 PM)UnamusedAvali Wrote: //Can I use the rifts/ voids idea?

(11-12-2015, 11:08 AM)UnamusedAvali Wrote: //So, this is a question of can I use or not use.

// Well, uh...

// personally i find it sort of pointless. i mean why have it? it's just fluff.

(11-12-2015, 02:23 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: "Oh, uh, right now it only has one cable attached, but it has three ports on it if I remember correctly. I only use one, so..." She shrugged. "Anyways, let's get down there."

"Okay. I will let you lead the way." Gregor turned his map off, and as he exited the bank he attempted to look up into the station's sky again.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 11-12-2015

(11-12-2015, 07:33 AM)Corosar Wrote: She nodded and smiled

"Thank you again!! i have to head out please have a good night sir!"

And with that she headed out making her way to where she figured a starport would be in a village like this and looking for the said Guardpost.

Sure enough, a building marked with a silver-and-red sword-and-shield emblem lies next to the starport. A friendly-looking Avali receptionist greets Coro on her way in.
"Hi! What can I help you with?"

(11-12-2015, 04:16 PM)Comito Wrote:
(11-12-2015, 02:23 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: "Oh, uh, right now it only has one cable attached, but it has three ports on it if I remember correctly. I only use one, so..." She shrugged. "Anyways, let's get down there."

"Okay. I will let you lead the way." Gregor turned his map off, and as he exited the bank he attempted to look up into the station's sky again.

"Alright, just follow me. The station isn't too far away..." Wurg said. She began walking away, towards what could only be assumed to be the shuttle station.

The station stretched up a considerable distance, buildings and walkways reaching well into the ceiling of the station. The ceiling itself was made entirely of glass, and offered a nice view of the stars above.

(11-12-2015, 06:00 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: "Alright, just follow me. The station isn't too far away..." Wurg said. She began walking away, towards what could only be assumed to be the shuttle station.

The station stretched up a considerable distance, buildings and walkways reaching well into the ceiling of the station. The ceiling itself was made entirely of glass, and offered a nice view of the stars above.

He followed her closely, while frequently looking up to take in the sight of the station. Like a great ring, it curved upward and all the way across the sky to the other side. (correct me if this is wrong)

As they neared the shuttle station, he also took the time to observe the various races populating the station, wondering which of them comprised the majority.

(11-12-2015, 06:23 PM)Comito Wrote:
(11-12-2015, 06:00 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: "Alright, just follow me. The station isn't too far away..." Wurg said. She began walking away, towards what could only be assumed to be the shuttle station.

He followed her closely, while frequently looking up to take in the sight of the station. Like a great ring, it curved upward and all the way across the sky to the other side. (correct me if this is wrong)

As they neared the shuttle station, he also took the time to observe the various races populating the station, wondering which of them comprised the majority.

"The shuttle should be arriving shortly, Iron. We can wait here."

Most of the people passing by were humans, but there were also a few Jakkai, Avali, and a few other various different races. The number of humans certainly outnumbered the individuals of other races...but the total of the other races outnumbered the total humans.

Nexus RP: Rebirth - Marxon - 11-12-2015

*is sleeping? *

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Shaadaris - 11-12-2015

(11-12-2015, 06:29 PM)Ehksidian Wrote:
(11-12-2015, 06:23 PM)Comito Wrote: He followed her closely, while frequently looking up to take in the sight of the station. Like a great ring, it curved upward and all the way across the sky to the other side. (correct me if this is wrong)

"The shuttle should be arriving shortly, Iron. We can wait here."

Most of the people passing by were humans, but there were also a few Jakkai, Avali, and a few other various different races. The number of humans certainly outnumbered the individuals of other races...but the total of the other races outnumbered the total humans.

((I just realized a way Humans can be "special" like most other species.
While some races may be more telepathically, magically, etc. gifted, live longer, be able to survive in horrible conditions, etc...
Humans... They're just everywhere. For some unexplained, bizzare reason, some form of Humans exist in every known universe.
Asides from that they are the complete boring average that they are often depicted as.))

(11-12-2015, 06:29 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: "The shuttle should be arriving shortly, Iron. We can wait here."

Gregor nodded and waited with Wurg. Though it didn't really show on his face, he was excited to see how far the colonization has come.

He looked at her suddenly. "You said they were settling the area of our expedition. What of the creature? Is it still out there?"

(11-12-2015, 02:29 PM)Gonzogonz Wrote: "molecular isn't bad at all, though it's a bit more like an art show than a meal. lots of bubbles and other stuff that has funny tastes embedded in them. it's weird and eventful, but not bad. if you haven't tried it in some way we should really try it. though some traditional stir fry does sound good right about now"

*the Avali smiles and wipes a bit of drool off his lips, man it's been a while since he had anything real to eat, only drinks and those small nut bowls snack things*

The hunter's description of the molecular food is rather different from what Ralako originally imagined.

"Well, now that you put it that way, it does sound kinda good! Yeah, I think I'd like trying that out some time!"

He keeps on following Rhayii. Surely they are near the restaurant now.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Joeythomas - 11-12-2015

*the ship and its cargo are almost empty, but the thugs take a temporary brake, chatting about plans and restaurants*
*a figure in large power armor lumber out of the cockpit and drags the wounded avali into the ship by a leg*

(11-12-2015, 07:24 PM)Comito Wrote:
(11-12-2015, 06:29 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: "The shuttle should be arriving shortly, Iron. We can wait here."

Gregor nodded and waited with Wurg. Though it didn't really show on his face, he was excited to see how far the colonization has come.

He looked at her suddenly. "You said they were settling the area of our expedition. What of the creature? Is it still out there?"

"Dead. They found it dead, from the reports I read. Died from overexposure to ammonia, funnily enough..." The shuttle slid into the dock, and Wurg motioned for Gregor to get onboard. "Time to see the surface."