Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Ehksidian - 11-02-2015

The female Jakkai had just...stood there for a while, staring. She got up incredibly late, so it was no surprise when the sun began to set, and the moon began to rise. The only thing that did surprise her was the fact that she wasn't glowing.

Wait, why was that surprising? Jakkai didn't glow...

She shook her head. That dream had really, really messed with her head somehow. And she still couldn't remember anything about here, about her home, her life, anything. Especially not about what happened to everything below her chest. Wouldn't that at least leave some sort of imprint? Any kind of imprint? It didn't matter much. Her stomach growled (Did she even have a stomach still, or was that synthetic too?) and thus she went back into her house to grab some food. Maybe by morning some answers would come.

Maybe.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - UnamusedAvali - 11-02-2015

Something in one of the hangar bays lets out an ear-splitting scream, it would run through a large portion of the station as well as speaker systems inside.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - UnamusedAvali - 11-02-2015

Someone might want to check Hangar bay 13 as A) No local authority has picked up and B) now a moaning sound is resounding through all speaker devices.
One of the shuttles probably brought aboard something it shouldn't...

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 11-02-2015

Umbra is rudely awakened by a small tablet beeping on his nightstand. He groans and sleepily picks it up to check the notification. He's greeted by footage of an attempted break-in.
"Ugh... It's always early in the morning..."
In an instant, he's disappeared from the room entirely.

Beep. Beep. Beep. It's time to wake up. Beep. Beep. Beep.

Wurg groaned. The alarm was grating to her ears, to the point where it felt like it was embedded in her head.

Beep. Beep. Beep. Come on, wake up! Beep. Beep. Beep.

She flopped out of bed, charging cord automatically disconnecting from the port in the middle of her back. For a few moments, she didn't do anything but lay on the ground. The alarm continued beeping and berating her.

Beep. Beep. Beep. You're going to miss the shuttle to your appointment if you don't get up NOW, Wurg! Beep. Beep. Beep.

Appointment? Wurg almost asked what, before she remembered. The appointment to make sure her cybernetics were working. After all, they were only recently installed to replace what she lost in that accident...wait, accident? She didn't remember an accident. Wurg sat up and rubbed her head. She really must have knocked her head on something hard to forget that. It'd probably come back later. She stood up, and looked around the room for the alarm.

Great, you're finally up. I can stop beeping now.

The voice didn't seem to come from anywhere specific in the room. It was...strange, to say the least.

Uh...who...where? What?

Oh come on! How could you forget me after only a day of not using me! I'm your compatriot AI, the E-H-Kaline-Sensory unit. You decided to nickname me "Ehks" for...some reason. I'm here to make sure the sensors in your cybernetics work!

The name sounded...familiar. Almost as if it was her own.

...Anyways, we should head up to the shuttle and do that appointment. Maybe they can, uh, help with your amnesia. And maybe see what's wrong with my memory banks, too...

Umbra reappears on his balcony, tapping away on the small tablet.
"Oh, come on... Just freakin' connect already."
[ERROR: CONNECTION FAILED]
[MANUAL REPORT REQUIRED]

"Ugh... Great. Guess I'm heading up there..." He looks skyward, then goes back inside for a moment, coming back out with a black linen messenger bag and a filled coffee tumbler.
"I really didn't need this today..." He heads off to the town's spaceport.

Wurg had donned her shirt and hoodie once again, and was on her way to the space port. On the way there, she bumped into a familiar looking Umbreon...

"Oh! Sorry about that, uh, didn't mean to run into you."

You need to watch where you're going, Wurg. You could have hurt him with how fast you were running! It's amazing you didn't knock him... The AI in her head fell silent. ...Doesn't he look familiar to you?

Yeah, he does. Maybe I know him? Though...he looks...

...He looks like someone from your dream.

How did you-

I don't know. This is really bizarre, and...it's freaking me out. I didn't know I had parameters to freak out!

(11-02-2015, 06:02 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: Wurg had donned her shirt and hoodie once again, and was on her way to the space port. On the way there, she bumped into a familiar looking Umbreon...

You need to watch where you're going, Wurg. You could have hurt him with how fast you were running! It's amazing you didn't knock him... The AI in her head fell silent. ...Doesn't he look familiar to you?

How did you-

I don't know. This is really bizarre, and...it's freaking me out. I didn't know I had parameters to freak out!

"Aah!" Umbra turns to face the 'bumper.' "No, no, you're..." He then recognizes her as well.
"... Fine."
Another person from that dream... What's going on here?
"Uh... Hi. Do you, uh... Know me? Weird question, but..."
He then realizes that she's walked off.
"Hey, wait! Hold up!" He takes off after her, holding out an arm to signal her to wait up.

(11-02-2015, 06:41 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(11-02-2015, 06:02 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: Wurg had donned her shirt and hoodie once again, and was on her way to the space port. On the way there, she bumped into a familiar looking Umbreon...

How did you-

"Aa

How did you-

"Aah!" Umbra turns to face the 'bumper.' "No, no, you're..." He then recognizes her as well.
"... Fine."
Another person from that dream... What's going on here?
"Uh... Hi. Do you, uh... Know me? Weird question, but..."
He then realizes that she's walked off.
"Hey, wait! Hold up!" He takes off after her, holding out an arm to signal her to wait up.

She turned around, and slowed her pace until Umbra caught up.
"...You...recognize me as well?"
This is weird. Really, really weird. Owurgedt...?
She was quiet. "...Where? How? Was it...no, couldn't be..."
She racked through her mind. He was familiar. He was in the dream. Was it a dream? How would he have been in it? And...
"Is your name Umbra?"
How did she know his name?

(11-02-2015, 06:47 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: She turned around, and slowed her pace until Umbra caught up.
She racked through her mind. He was familiar. He was in the dream. Was it a dream? How would he have been in it? And...
"Is your name Umbra?"

"Yeah, it is... You have a weird dream, too? Because if you did, you're not the only one. A bunch of others came by my house yesterday claiming the same thing, and I had a weird one, too..." He starts walking alongside her. "Wurg, right?..."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Penguin - 11-02-2015

He'd walk out of the Inn, his clothes were rather wet though.

"To think I've slept in my clothes, and now I've showered in them. Are they that important?"

(11-02-2015, 06:57 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(11-02-2015, 06:47 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: She turned around, and slowed her pace until Umbra caught up.
"Is your name Umbra?"

"Yeah, it is... You have a weird dream, too? Because if you did, you're not the only one. A bunch of others came by my house yesterday claiming the same thing, and I had a weird one, too..." He starts walking alongside her. "Wurg, right?..."

She nodded. "Yeah...well, my full name is Owurgedt. And...you're right about the dream, too. This is just so, so strange...apparently my AI had it, too. Or it's mistaking my dream for a dream it had. Can programs even dream?"

Well I sure as hell can't hallucinate, and I can tell what "dreams" are yours, and which ones are mine...even though, after a certain point, they're completely identical...almost like...we were the same person? But that's impossible.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - AustinLB90 - 11-02-2015

*Austin get's up from his sleep, checks his phone, looks at the notifications he has and ignores them, and then proceeds to get his shop ready for tomorrow when his deliveries will arrive*

(11-02-2015, 09:51 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: She nodded. "Yeah...well, my full name is Owurgedt. And...you're right about the dream, too. This is just so, so strange...apparently my AI had it, too. Or it's mistaking my dream for a dream it had. Can programs even dream?"

Well I sure as hell can't hallucinate, and I can tell what "dreams" are yours, and which ones are mine...even though, after a certain point, they're completely identical...almost like...we were the same person? But that's impossible.

"Well, I'm no programmer, so I don't know... Well, uh... Should we go catch a shuttle? I need to file a report as soon as possible, and I don't think it can wait longer." Umbra leads Wurg to one of the ships. "...Say, uh, weird question... Did you have multiple perspectives in your dream? Just a dumb little question..." He trails off.

(11-02-2015, 09:56 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(11-02-2015, 09:51 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: She nodded. "Yeah...well, my full name is Owurgedt. And...you're right about the dream, too. This is just so, so strange...apparently my AI had it, too. Or it's mistaking my dream for a dream it had. Can programs even dream?"

"Well, I'm no programmer, so I don't know... Well, uh... Should we go catch a shuttle? I need to file a report as soon as possible, and I don't think it can wait longer." Umbra leads Wurg to one of the ships. "...Say, uh, weird question... Did you have multiple perspectives in your dream? Just a dumb little question..." He trails off.

"Mhm, yeah. Can't miss my shuttle, I have an appointment..." She racked her mind, and tried going through the memories. And...there wasn't two different perspectives. At least, in hers.

Ehks, can I...see your memories perhaps?

...Yeah. Go for it.

Wurg took a deep breath, and began to mentally go through the memories her AI had of the "dream." Sure enough, after a certain point, her memories and his began o blend until they were indistinguishable.

"I...no two different perspectives, but my AI and I share memories...they're identical after...well, in the dream, we became one person...but that's not possible."

(11-02-2015, 10:02 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: "Mhm, yeah. Can't miss my shuttle, I have an appointment..." She racked her mind, and tried going through the memories. And...there wasn't two different perspectives. At least, in hers.

...Yeah. Go for it.

Wurg took a deep breath, and began to mentally go through the memories her AI had of the "dream." Sure enough, after a certain point, her memories and his began o blend until they were indistinguishable.

"I...no two different perspectives, but my AI and I share memories...they're identical after...well, in the dream, we became one person...but that's not possible."

"Well... I'm only one person, but... I did. It was weird, as if I were seeing six things as once, or was six different people..." There's a bit of awkward silence. "So, uh... How's life? Do anything, uh... Interesting?"
// THE FORESHADOWING
// IT'S MORE INTENSE THAN CAMPERS

Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 11-02-2015

(so wurg is still in her previous state but with a lot of her abilities lost to her...not sure I could do that with Surge as Ylden is established to be capable of restoring himself to a base minimum functionality even after losing nearly everything)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Joeythomas - 11-02-2015

(11-02-2015, 09:53 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote: *Austin get's up from his sleep, checks his phone, looks at the notifications he has and ignores them, and then proceeds to get his shop ready for tomorrow when his deliveries will arrive*

*A figure steps out of the woods wearing a dark and shady trench coat, and begins peruse him*
another person from the re acuring dream? This can't be just a  coincidence...

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - AustinLB90 - 11-02-2015

*Austin takes a break and sits down* Maybe i should try what my memory says *Austin begins to focus on charizards and the species and after 10 mins he is one*Th-th-this was not what i was expecting

(11-02-2015, 10:13 PM)Joeythomas Wrote:
(11-02-2015, 09:53 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote: *Austin get's up from his sleep, checks his phone, looks at the notifications he has and ignores them, and then proceeds to get his shop ready for tomorrow when his deliveries will arrive*

*A figure steps out of the woods wearing a dark and shady trench coat, and begins peruse him*
another person from the re acuring dream? This can't be just a  coincidence...

*he is inside his own store, you'd have to enter the door to peruse him*

(11-02-2015, 10:06 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(11-02-2015, 10:02 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: "Mhm, yeah. Can't miss my shuttle, I have an appointment..." She racked her mind, and tried going through the memories. And...there wasn't two different perspectives. At least, in hers.

...Yeah. Go for it.

"Well... I'm only one person, but... I did. It was weird, as if I were seeing six things as once, or was six different people..." There's a bit of awkward silence. "So, uh... How's life? Do anything, uh... Interesting?"
// THE FORESHADOWING
// IT'S MORE INTENSE THAN CAMPERS

"Uh...no, nothing interesting. I still feel kinda funny, but I guess that might be because... I don't know, probably my cybernetics being a tad out-of-whack, which is why I have the appointment." She gestured at everything from the chest down. "I mean, if it wasn't for that fact, I'd probably be wearing pants. But I don't have anything down there that...uh...needs hiding, so to speak. Why wear something uncomfortable then?" Wurg stuck her hands into the pockets on her hoodie.

"Still, though, it'd just...odd. All of it. The dream you, my AI,a bunch of other people, and I had, how you have memories from six differnet perspectives...my memories and my AI's memories blend into one...it's just odd, y'know? All of it. How could a dream end up like that...?" She let out a dejected sigh. "Whatever. What do you have to do up there anyways? A job? What do you do for a living?"