Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Ehksidian - 12-08-2015

(12-07-2015, 11:43 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(12-07-2015, 10:48 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: Wurg walked into the store, which was named "Shapely Warehouse". A bit of text underneath the large sign read "Clothes for all shapes and sizes!"

She looked around at the aisles and aisles of clothes. There was a surprisingly large selection of clothes for almost everyone; there was a section for Jakkai, one for Avali, one of humans (That being the largest section, of course), one for Jakkai, and decently-sized section labelled as "Miscellaneous humanoids". Wurg smiled and beckoned Gregor to follow her to the Jakkai clothing section. After all, that's where they would need to get their clothes...

// you listed Jakkai twice :v

"Well, I know where I'm headed." Umbra walks off to the 'miscellaneous' section.

((SLIENCE.))

"Alright, good luck finding something good!" Wurg said as Umbra went off. She walked into the Jakkai aisle along with Gregor, and began looking for clothes. A lot of shirts, some shorts, a few leg wrappings, even a few skirts and dresses...her investigation into the clothes was cut short by Gregor calling out to her.
(12-08-2015, 12:24 AM)Comito Wrote:
(12-07-2015, 11:43 PM)Umbra Wrote: // you listed Jakkai twice :v

"Well, I know where I'm headed." Umbra walks off to the 'miscellaneous' section.

Gregor quickly followed her into that section, though not before giving the Avali aisles a quick and curious glance. "Those feather dusters have interesting taste in clothes, for sure..."

He'd look up and down the aisles of Jakkai clothing, looking for something that would suit him. There were some nice shirts, and a few with snazzy designs and graphics. One of these in particular caught his attention. It was a light grey shirt with the image of a crescent moon on its front; a fairly prominent symbol back where he came from.

He took it off the rack and showed it to Wurg. "Hey Copper, what do you think of this shirt?"

"Oh, wow, that looks quite nice. Are there any woman's ones perhaps? Maybe a sun one, I always liked the sun one..." She said, and trailed off. It reminded her of her parents, and of the stories her parents would tell of what home used to be before it was destroyed. She shook her head to clear her thoughts. No reason to think about that now.

"I'm going to be looking for a while. I, uh, need some better clothes other than just my white shirt and hoodie. I need something "fancy" for job interviews, probably...and they have some decent looking dresses and skirts for that purpose..."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Comito - 12-08-2015

(12-08-2015, 12:32 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: "Alright, good luck finding something good!" Wurg said as Umbra went off. She walked into the Jakkai aisle along with Gregor, and began looking for clothes. A lot of shirts, some shorts, a few leg wrappings, even a few skirts and dresses...her investigation into the clothes was cut short by Gregor calling out to her.

"Oh, wow, that looks quite nice. Are there any woman's ones perhaps? Maybe a sun one, I always liked the sun one..." She said, and trailed off. It reminded her of her parents, and of the stories her parents would tell of what home used to be before it was destroyed. She shook her head to clear her thoughts. No reason to think about that now.

"I'm going to be looking for a while. I, uh, need some better clothes other than just my white shirt and hoodie. I need something "fancy" for job interviews, probably...and they have some decent looking dresses and skirts for that purpose..."
Gregor looked back at the clothes, flipping through the different racks and stands, and found several female shirts of different colors, bearing all of those symbols including the sun. "Here they are. They look very nice."

He listened to Wurg, and nodded. "Guess you raise a good point. I'll need to get some nicer clothes too if I'm to return to work. This one will do nicely for casual wear, though." He held on to the shirt he picked out before, and went back to browsing the section.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Corosar - 12-08-2015

(12-07-2015, 09:15 PM)Joeythomas Wrote:
(12-07-2015, 11:16 AM)Corosar Wrote: "not really... need clothes.. all i have is what i am wearing at the moment.. i have not shopped for myself in a very long time... though now that i think about it... i didn't really think of holidays.."

She placed her paw on her chin softly and sighed.

"its been a very long time since i thought of holidays.. my family doesn't celebrate it in the traditional way. since we are almost always seperated.. doing something very very far away from each other."

"That's a shame, when did you last see your family as a whole?"
*the Terran proceeds to check out the items*

"hmm i really can't remember.. i have been trying to find a place for myself to live for almost 3-4 years now... so ... i can say it was about then... we usually try once every 5 years or so to meet up and cerebrate all our holidays for the next 5 years ... though.."

She placed her paw softly on her chin.

"then again our years are.... intensely longer compared to common years... we run on a year system that can take up to 3 terran years"

She smiled as she pulled her chit out and smiled.

"so ... how much do i owe you?"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 12-08-2015

// I'm considering adding the Glitch into the race list, but with, well... Alterations. Mostly so they fit in better with the setting. I'm thinking they've "evolved" by now to be more modern and not have a hivemind- sort of like people-robots, or a non-nanite Ateros. They're their own people/automatons, but they can't do much more than the average Human- well, except for the benefits and downsides of being mechanical.
// What do you guys think?

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Joeythomas - 12-08-2015

(12-08-2015, 06:35 PM)Corosar Wrote:
(12-07-2015, 09:15 PM)Joeythomas Wrote: "That's a shame, when did you last see your family as a whole?"
*the Terran proceeds to check out the items*

"hmm i really can't remember.. i have been trying to find a place for myself to live for almost 3-4 years now... so ... i can say it was about then... we usually try once every 5 years or so to meet up and cerebrate all our holidays for the next 5 years ... though.."

"then again our years are.... intensely longer compared to common years... we run on a year system that can take up to 3 terran years"

*the shopkeeper seems very intrested*
"Where do you come from anyways?"
*he starts ringing up the price*
"Also that'all 246 credits."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Ehksidian - 12-08-2015

(12-08-2015, 09:29 PM)Umbra Wrote: // I'm considering adding the Glitch into the race list, but with, well... Alterations. Mostly so they fit in better with the setting. I'm thinking they've "evolved" by now to be more modern and not have a hivemind- sort of like people-robots, or a non-nanite Ateros. They're their own people/automatons, but they can't do much more than the average Human- well, except for the benefits and downsides of being mechanical.
// What do you guys think?

((Well, there's cyborgs, and robots, and most certainly AI...so actual sapient robots aren't out of the question.))

(12-08-2015, 05:39 AM)Comito Wrote:
(12-08-2015, 12:32 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: "Alright, good luck finding something good!" Wurg said as Umbra went off. She walked into the Jakkai aisle along with Gregor, and began looking for clothes. A lot of shirts, some shorts, a few leg wrappings, even a few skirts and dresses...her investigation into the clothes was cut short by Gregor calling out to her.

Gregor looked back at the clothes, flipping through the different racks and stands, and found several female shirts of different colors, bearing all of those symbols including the sun. "Here they are. They look very nice."

He listened to Wurg, and nodded. "Guess you raise a good point. I'll need to get some nicer clothes too if I'm to return to work. This one will do nicely for casual wear, though." He held on to the shirt he picked out before, and went back to browsing the section.

"Mhm." Wurg muttered. She returned to browsing the section she was looking at before, and started grabbing a few clothes. A few shorts, most being bluish-grey, a couple of white and black skirts, a baby-blue t-shirt, and finally a fairly nice-looking navy-blue dress. She bundled the clothes up in her arms, and went over to where Gregor had found the shirt. She looked through, until she found a grey shirt with the oh-so-familiar sun emblem on it. She grabbed it and added it to her (decently large) pile of clothes.

"Well...uh, I'm going to go find a dressing room to try these on. I'll see you in a bit, Gregor." Wurg said.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Corosar - 12-09-2015

(12-08-2015, 11:01 PM)Joeythomas Wrote:
(12-08-2015, 06:35 PM)Corosar Wrote: "hmm i really can't remember.. i have been trying to find a place for myself to live for almost 3-4 years now... so ... i can say it was about then... we usually try once every 5 years or so to meet up and cerebrate all our holidays for the next 5 years ... though.."

*the shopkeeper seems very intrested*

She smiled happily as she handed over her chit keeping an eye on it.

"well my family comes from an alternate dimension. the gateways of this world have been helpful in getting here. In the world we come from though... we have a .... rather strange sun.. it allows for strange creatures and beings to be born. We have survived rather peacefully there though it's nice to see a sun that is not like my own all the time."

She continued to smile as she spoke. She did her best to try and hide what she really was. She really didn't wish to let it be known that she is not naturally an avali. so she stayed very away from the topic of her family directly.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 12-09-2015

(12-08-2015, 11:58 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: ((Well, there's cyborgs, and robots, and most certainly AI...so actual sapient robots aren't out of the question.))

"Mhm." Wurg muttered. She returned to browsing the section she was looking at before, and started grabbing a few clothes. A few shorts, most being bluish-grey, a couple of white and black skirts, a baby-blue t-shirt, and finally a fairly nice-looking navy-blue dress. She bundled the clothes up in her arms, and went over to where Gregor had found the shirt. She looked through, until she found a grey shirt with the oh-so-familiar sun emblem on it. She grabbed it and added it to her (decently large) pile of clothes.

"Well...uh, I'm going to go find a dressing room to try these on. I'll see you in a bit, Gregor." Wurg said.

// All right, I'll refine the idea a little and then go for it... I guess.

Meanwhile, Umbra's found himself a few new pairs of jeans and some shirts- mostly solid colors. He drifts over to the winter section and starts looking around.
The first thing to catch his eye is a red fleece scarf.
Ooh. That looks kinda nice...
He picks it up and wraps it around his neck.
...Yeah, that'll do.
Umbra takes the scarf off and drapes it over his arm with the rest of the clothing.
Let's see... Anything else I need?...

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Joeythomas - 12-09-2015

(12-09-2015, 12:12 AM)Corosar Wrote:
(12-08-2015, 11:01 PM)Joeythomas Wrote: *the shopkeeper seems very intrested*

She smiled happily as she handed over her chit keeping an eye on it.

"well my family comes from an alternate dimension. the gateways of this world have been helpful in getting here. In the world we come from though... we have a .... rather strange sun.. it allows for strange creatures and beings to be born. We have survived rather peacefully there though it's nice to see a sun that is not like my own all the time."

She continued to smile as she spoke. She did her best to try and hide what she really was. She really didn't wish to let it be known that she is not naturally an avali. so she stayed very away from the topic of her family directly.
"Alternate dimension? This place must be very interesting then."
*the shopkeeper begins to bag the objects*

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Comito - 12-09-2015

(12-08-2015, 11:58 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: "Mhm." Wurg muttered. She returned to browsing the section she was looking at before, and started grabbing a few clothes. A few shorts, most being bluish-grey, a couple of white and black skirts, a baby-blue t-shirt, and finally a fairly nice-looking navy-blue dress. She bundled the clothes up in her arms, and went over to where Gregor had found the shirt. She looked through, until she found a grey shirt with the oh-so-familiar sun emblem on it. She grabbed it and added it to her (decently large) pile of clothes.

"Alright then, take your time. I'll probably be a while myself." Gregor took some time picking out his selection of clothes, probably a bit longer than Wurg did.

Eventually, he assembled his own pile of clothes. They included three long-sleeved shirts and three polo shirts of various colors,  the one with the moon emblem, and a nice green zip-up jacket. He also picked out a pack of boxers and two pairs of shorts; one was black, and the other was khaki. Finally, after some searching, he found a wallet to put his credit card in, plus whatever other cards he might acquire in the future. 

With these articles in hand, he made his way to the dressing rooms.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Corosar - 12-09-2015

(12-09-2015, 01:18 AM)Joeythomas Wrote:
(12-09-2015, 12:12 AM)Corosar Wrote: She smiled happily as she handed over her chit keeping an eye on it.

"Alternate dimension? This place must be very interesting then."
*the shopkeeper begins to bag the objects*

"Indeed it is... your sun is actually yellow in the sky! for me that is very different!"

She smiled happily as she picked up the bag and smiled.

"thank you so very much!"

No, that seems like it'll do.
Umbra also makes his way to the dressing rooms with his own collection of clothing.
Oh, wait, I forgot to grab socks!
He turns around, goes to grab a pack of white ankle socks, then starts going to the rooms again.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - SilverOtter - 12-09-2015

Silver steps into the portal. He is immediately reminded of his metal fillings when a strange taste enters his mouth, and would have retched if he didn't remind himself of the sealed helmet. 

Silver stands at the other side of the portal. He looks around, taking in the world, and hoped it won't kill him. He reminded himself why he was here, and the job he has to do, because science must go on, no matter how cruel the labs have to beHe then turned back to look at the portal. 

There was no portal. Minor swearing and secret hopes of freedom ensued. 

Silver is an anthropomorphic otter, average height, thin build, and currently inside a lightweight, dull white spacesuit that looks more like a full-body wetsuit with a flimsy motorcycle helmet than anything sturdy, durable, or safe.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Ehksidian - 12-09-2015

After a few solid minutes of trying on all the different clothes, getting more, and tryin them on, Wurg emerged from the dressing room with a small selection of clothes. She was ready to go back down if needed...

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 12-09-2015

(I'm back, for now.
[Image: 3EwbtrB.gif]
So listen up maggots, I've got a plan, I've decided that shopping for clothes is fucking boring and by extension the thread is currently boring, so shaad and I have a plan, we need your input first though. We're going to actually use those portals we put up everywhere to give you lads the opportunities to go on fabulous adventures to explore and save strange new worlds, beyond that all details are still currently liquid until we know where people stand on this and will need to be ironed out before we can put this into practice)

(12-09-2015, 09:33 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: After a few solid minutes of trying on all the different clothes, getting more, and tryin them on, Wurg emerged from the dressing room with a small selection of clothes. She was ready to go back down if needed...

Not long after, Gregor left his dressing room with the clothes he picked. He looked around and spotted Wurg, and went to her side. "Hey again. You done shopping?"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Ehksidian - 12-09-2015

(12-09-2015, 09:51 PM)Comito Wrote:
(12-09-2015, 09:33 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: After a few solid minutes of trying on all the different clothes, getting more, and tryin them on, Wurg emerged from the dressing room with a small selection of clothes. She was ready to go back down if needed...

Not long after, Gregor left his dressing room with the clothes he picked. He looked around and spotted Wurg, and went to her side. "Hey again. You done shopping?"

She nodded, and moved on to checkout to buy them. A cardswipe and a few words later, and Wurg was heading out of the shop.

It took a bit too long in there anyways.

(12-09-2015, 09:41 PM)Surge Wrote: (I'm back, for now.
[Image: 3EwbtrB.gif]
So listen up maggots, I've got a plan, I've decided that shopping for clothes is fucking boring and by extension the thread is currently boring, so shaad and I have a plan, we need your input first though. We're going to actually use those portals we put up everywhere to give you lads the opportunities to go on fabulous adventures to explore and save strange new worlds, beyond that all details are still currently liquid until we know where people stand on this and will need to be ironed out before we can put this into practice)

// SIR YES SIR

(12-09-2015, 09:57 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: She nodded, and moved on to checkout to buy them. A cardswipe and a few words later, and Wurg was heading out of the shop.

Umbra's already waiting outside.
"You guys find what you came for?"

(12-09-2015, 09:57 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: She nodded, and moved on to checkout to buy them. A cardswipe and a few words later, and Wurg was heading out of the shop.

(12-09-2015, 10:06 PM)Umbra Wrote: Umbra's already waiting outside.
"You guys find what you came for?"

Gregor paid for his clothes as well, and followed her out. He looked at Umbra to see what he had chosen in terms of attire.

"I guess I have. These should do nicely for now. What about yourself, big guy?"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 12-09-2015

(I am keeping an actual tally of what everyone thinks so far.
ehks: no response, assumed neutral
comito: assumed neutral
umbra: technically no response, still assumed neutral
shaad: in favor

beyond those four I don't who all is here to tally, I'll figure that out as I go, and yes neutral is different from "against" so speak the fuck up if you have an opinion)