Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - SilverOtter - 12-09-2015

The wristpanel said two things: the first was "NO SIGNAL", the other was "BREATHABLE ATMOSPHERE".

Silver looked back up at nature. Breathing was one part of surviving, but what little protection the helmet had was the best he got. Thankfully, his morbid thoughts didn't distract him from the shining metal signs of intelligent life, roofs poking just above the environment. He began to carefully move in that direction.

{Note, I have no idea what the environment is, what landmarks I should see, and where I might be.} 

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 12-09-2015

(12-09-2015, 10:20 PM)SilverOtter Wrote: The wristpanel said two things: the first was "NO SIGNAL", the other was "BREATHABLE ATMOSPHERE".

Silver looked back up at nature. Breathing was one part of surviving, but what little protection the helmet had was the best he got. Thankfully, his morbid thoughts didn't distract him from the shining metal signs of intelligent life, roofs poking just above the environment. He began to carefully move in that direction.

{Note, I have no idea what the environment is, what landmarks I should see, and where I might be.} 
(environment should be that of a lush temperate world.

...well...I assume.)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Comito - 12-09-2015

(12-09-2015, 10:20 PM)SilverOtter Wrote: The wristpanel said two things: the first was "NO SIGNAL", the other was "BREATHABLE ATMOSPHERE".

(You're either on the Eden,  a gigantic ring-shaped station similar to Halo or Elysium, or on Nexus 17, the mostly barren planet that the Eden orbits. Several small villages dot its surface, and shuttle ports connect them with the Eden.)

(12-09-2015, 10:23 PM)Comito Wrote:

(You're either on the Eden,  a gigantic ring-shaped station similar to Halo or Elysium, or on Nexus 17, the mostly barren planet that the Eden orbits. Several small villages dot its surface.)

(I thought it was less barren and more just rife with hostile ecosystems. a deathworld-lite if you will)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Ehksidian - 12-09-2015

(12-09-2015, 10:22 PM)Surge Wrote:

(environment should be that of a lush temperate world.

...well...I assume.)

((More like a barren, desolate wasteland for the most part. Outside of cities might be trees, but otherwise it's all dust and rocks and valleys and short shrubberies. Temperate and breathable atmosphere, though. The towns/villages are mixed architecture, some might be very archaic looking while other places are more advanced. The city most people have been in is fairly advanced, but has some more "traditional" buildings.))

(12-09-2015, 10:25 PM)Ehksidian Wrote:
(12-09-2015, 10:22 PM)Surge Wrote: (environment should be that of a lush temperate world.

...well...I assume.)

((More like a barren, desolate wasteland for the most part. Outside of cities might be trees, but otherwise it's all dust and rocks and valleys and short shrubberies. Temperate and breathable atmosphere, though. The towns/villages are mixed architecture, some might be very archaic looking while other places are more advanced. The city most people have been in is fairly advanced, but has some more "traditional" buildings.))

(:V I assume because I create)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 12-09-2015

(12-09-2015, 10:09 PM)Comito Wrote: Gregor paid for his clothes as well, and followed her out. He looked at Umbra to see what he had chosen in terms of attire.

"I guess I have. These should do nicely for now. What about yourself, big guy?"

"Just some T-shirts and jeans, new socks... did find a nice scarf, though. It's getting chilly, so I figured I might as well have bought it."

(12-09-2015, 10:18 PM)Surge Wrote: (I am keeping an actual tally of what everyone thinks so far.
ehks: no response, assumed neutral
comito: assumed neutral
umbra: technically no response, still assumed neutral
shaad: in favor

beyond those four I don't who all is here to tally, I'll figure that out as I go, and yes neutral is different from "against" so speak the fuck up if you have an opinion)

// yes go ahead

{Are the NPCs no longer surprised by strange sights due to the nature of the planet?}

(12-09-2015, 11:34 PM)SilverOtter Wrote: {Are the NPCs no longer surprised by strange sights due to the nature of the planet?}
(why would they be?)

Silver enters the town and immediately runs into... well, it's not like he's ever seen a human. But it was staring back at him with expression so he guessed it was intelligent.

"Hello!", he says as he flails his arms in an attempt to visually communicate, "I. am. Frien-"

"Yes, we understand your language."

Silver slowly lowers his arms, and stared at the ground for a bit. That was a little bit to take in.

"I need a drink."

"Bar's two blocks down."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Corosar - 12-10-2015

// to surge's question... i am gonna remain neutral... i am one of those people that don't mind a bit of excitement.. but if its like what happened last time.. it gets exhausting.. i tend to also like the relaxing and calm pace as well..

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Joeythomas - 12-10-2015

(12-09-2015, 03:10 AM)I Corosar Wrote:
(12-09-2015, 01:18 AM)Joeythomas Wrote: "Alternate dimension? This place must be very interesting then."
*the shopkeeper begins to bag the objects*

"Indeed it is... your sun is actually yellow in the sky! for me that is very different!"

She smiled happily as she picked up the bag and smiled.

"thank you so very much!"
"Have a good day too, and enjoy the sun!"
*the shopkeeper begins to tap away at the terminal at the counter*

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 12-10-2015

(12-10-2015, 12:50 AM)Corosar Wrote: // to surge's question... i am gonna remain neutral... i am one of those people that don't mind a bit of excitement.. but if its like what happened last time.. it gets exhausting.. i tend to also like the relaxing and calm pace as well..

(personally I plan to keep it optional, 753 or whoever we get to try and get the wheels going may be a bit pushy but I won't actually force anyone)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 12-10-2015

(12-09-2015, 11:52 PM)SilverOtter Wrote: Silver enters the town and immediately runs into... well, it's not like he's ever seen a human. But it was staring back at him with expression so he guessed it was intelligent.

"Hello!", he says as he flails his arms in an attempt to visually communicate, "I. am. Frien-"

Silver slowly lowers his arms, and stared at the ground for a bit. That was a little bit to take in.

"I need a drink."

"Bar's two blocks down."

// I'm assuming this is in the same town everyone else happens to be hovering around?

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - SilverOtter - 12-10-2015

(12-10-2015, 01:10 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(12-09-2015, 11:52 PM)SilverOtter Wrote: Silver enters the town and immediately runs into... well, it's not like he's ever seen a human. But it was staring back at him with expression so he guessed it was intelligent.

"I need a drink."

"Bar's two blocks down."

// I'm assuming this is in the same town everyone else happens to be hovering around?

{Why the hell not.}

(12-10-2015, 02:27 AM)SilverOtter Wrote:
(12-10-2015, 01:10 AM)Umbra Wrote: // I'm assuming this is in the same town everyone else happens to be hovering around?

{Why the hell not.}

// okai then. Guess I'll try and give you some interaction when Umbra gets back to the surface.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Ehksidian - 12-10-2015

(12-09-2015, 10:06 PM)Umbra Wrote: Umbra's already waiting outside.
"You guys find what you came for?"

"Yeah, I managed to pick up a few shirts, shorts, and even a dress for any job interviews I need...though I'm not one to really wear them. I like my hoodie," Wurg said. She continued walking, and arrived at the station. "Anyways, Gregor and I are gonna head down to the surface. You gonna come down as well?"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Corosar - 12-10-2015

(12-10-2015, 12:51 AM)Joeythomas Wrote:
(12-09-2015, 03:10 AM)I Corosar Wrote: "Indeed it is... your sun is actually yellow in the sky! for me that is very different!"

She smiled happily as she picked up the bag and smiled.

"thank you so very much!"
"Have a good day too, and enjoy the sun!"
*the shopkeeper begins to tap away at the terminal at the counter*
She smiled and nodded letting off a small happy noise.

"you too! Thank you very much for services!"

She carefully tilted her head a bit and looked a bit timid.

"i... don't think i got my chit back did i?"
(12-10-2015, 12:58 AM)Surge Wrote:
(12-10-2015, 12:50 AM)Corosar Wrote: // to surge's question... i am gonna remain neutral... i am one of those people that don't mind a bit of excitement.. but if its like what happened last time.. it gets exhausting.. i tend to also like the relaxing and calm pace as well..

(personally I plan to keep it optional, 753 or whoever we get to try and get the wheels going may be a bit pushy but I won't actually force anyone)
//that works fine for me!~

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Comito - 12-10-2015

(12-10-2015, 02:41 AM)Ehksidian Wrote:
(12-09-2015, 10:06 PM)Umbra Wrote: Umbra's already waiting outside.
"You guys find what you came for?"

"Yeah, I managed to pick up a few shirts, shorts, and even a dress for any job interviews I need...though I'm not one to really wear them. I like my hoodie," Wurg said. She continued walking, and arrived at the station. "Anyways, Gregor and I are gonna head down to the surface. You gonna come down as well?"

Gregor hoisted his bag of clothes onto his shoulder as he followed Wurg and Umbra. He began thinking about what job he will want once he is ready for work again. Perhaps it was a bit too soon to think about that, but it didn't stop him.

(12-10-2015, 02:41 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: "Yeah, I managed to pick up a few shirts, shorts, and even a dress for any job interviews I need...though I'm not one to really wear them. I like my hoodie," Wurg said. She continued walking, and arrived at the station. "Anyways, Gregor and I are gonna head down to the surface. You gonna come down as well?"

"I was going to, yeah. I don't have any business up here."