Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - SilverOtter - 12-10-2015

Silver wasn't quite sure about things. He wasn't even sure if his drink was alcoholic, but it tasted about the same.

Hopefully he was free from the scientists, because they never were one for ethics. Hopefully he could live here, because it was much nicer than the clean, claustrophobic halls of the labs. And hopefully the bartender took IOUs, because he was quite sure the credichip™ embedded his hand was absolutely useless in alternate dimensions.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 12-10-2015

*Surge sat down on a bench and leaned forwards, 753 had stopped by earlier, a bit disappointed that after he left Surge here to do something he had wound up doing nothing. Surge thought it a bit unfair, of course he's struggling to form any friendships with total strangers he had spent a decade or two in complete isolation.
What bothered him most was the lack of a task to keep him engaged, 753 had managed to keep him busy even though the droid rarely offered much for company, but now not only did he find his hands idle this was technically the first time in who knows how long that he has even had hands to be idle. People watching was amusing for the first week, and part of the third, but Surge's mind kept wandering to things he did still understand, various engineering and manufacturing related issues, he would plot out how certain products and machines he saw could be mass produced, how their designs could be improved, their systems efficiently managed, but even that was starting to wear thin on him.*

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 12-10-2015

(12-10-2015, 04:28 AM)Surge Wrote: *Surge sat down on a bench and leaned forwards, 753 had stopped by earlier, a bit disappointed that after he left Surge here to do something he had wound up doing nothing. Surge thought it a bit unfair, of course he's struggling to form any friendships with total strangers he had spent a decade or two in complete isolation.
What bothered him most was the lack of a task to keep him engaged, 753 had managed to keep him busy even though the droid rarely offered much for company, but now not only did he find his hands idle this was technically the first time in who knows how long that he has even had hands to be idle. People watching was amusing for the first week, and part of the third, but Surge's mind kept wandering to things he did still understand, various engineering and manufacturing related issues, he would plot out how certain products and machines he saw could be mass produced, how their designs could be improved, their systems efficiently managed, but even that was starting to wear thin on him.*

There's, a metallic vlank as another robot sits next to him. Much like Surge, its face is a black screen with lighted facial expressions- yellow ones, more specifically. Its body is humanoid and smoothed, giving off the appearance of some futuristic android.
Like most of the other figures in the crowd- some if them also robotic on a closer look- this one is wearing clothes. More specifically, brown clogs, gray pants, and a navy blue turtleneck. It doesn't seem to notice Surge at first, but when it does, an expression of curiosity lights up on the screen.
"Are you okay, stranger?"
It's voice is robotic like the rest of its body, but unmistakably male and mostly without monotone speech.
// yes, these Glitch don't have that weird speech pattern.

(12-10-2015, 05:14 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(12-10-2015, 04:28 AM)Surge Wrote: *Surge sat down on a bench and leaned forwards, 753 had stopped by earlier, a bit disappointed that after he left Surge here to do something he had wound up doing nothing. Surge thought it a bit unfair, of course he's struggling to form any friendships with total strangers he had spent a decade or two in complete isolation.

There's, a metallic vlank as another robot sits next to him. Much like Surge, its face is a black screen with lighted facial expressions- yellow ones, more specifically. Its body is humanoid and smoothed, giving off the appearance of some futuristic android.
Like most of the other figures in the crowd- some if them also robotic on a closer look- this one is wearing clothes. More specifically, brown clogs, gray pants, and a navy blue turtleneck. It doesn't seem to notice Surge at first, but when it does, an expression of curiosity lights up on the screen.
"Are you okay, stranger?"
It's voice is robotic like the rest of its body, but unmistakably male and mostly without monotone speech.
// yes, these Glitch don't have that weird speech pattern.
Well I suppose technically speaking all of my systems are completely nominal, but beyond that I'm supposed to be on vacation here, a very alien place full of very alien creatures, it's...a bit much...
*Surge gestures vaguely at the crowd in front of him with a tired expression on his visor*

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Joeythomas - 12-10-2015

(12-10-2015, 03:25 AM)Corosar Wrote:
(12-10-2015, 12:51 AM)Joeythomas Wrote: "Have a good day too, and enjoy the sun!"
*the shopkeeper begins to tap away at the terminal at the counter*
She smiled and nodded letting off a small happy noise.

"you too! Thank you very much for services!"

She carefully tilted her head a bit and looked a bit timid.

"i... don't think i got my chit back did i?"

(12-10-2015, 12:58 AM)Surge Wrote: (personally I plan to keep it optional, 753 or whoever we get to try and get the wheels going may be a bit pushy but I won't actually force anyone)
//that works fine for me!~

*facepalm*
"I did forget, I'm sorry about that."
*it takes the chit out of the terminal and puts it on the counter*

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Corosar - 12-10-2015

(12-10-2015, 11:16 AM)Joeythomas Wrote:
(12-10-2015, 03:25 AM)Corosar Wrote: She smiled and nodded letting off a small happy noise.

"you too! Thank you very much for services!"

She carefully tilted her head a bit and looked a bit timid.

"i... don't think i got my chit back did i?"

//that works fine for me!~

*facepalm*
"I did forget, I'm sorry about that."
*it takes the chit out of the terminal and puts it on the counter*

She smiled and nodded carefully taking her chit back. She looked understanding as she waved to the clerk.

"hey its okay. sometimes things just slip the mind. Have a safe day alright!"

She headed out carrying the clothes with her out.

"that was rather nice!~"

(12-10-2015, 05:22 AM)Surge Wrote: Well I suppose technically speaking all of my systems are completely nominal, but beyond that I'm supposed to be on vacation here, a very alien place full of very alien creatures, it's...a bit much...
*Surge gestures vaguely at the crowd in front of him with a tired expression on his visor*

The android nods in understanding.
"I remember when I was the same way. I thought the world was strange. Perhaps you will get used to it as well."
The eyes on its visor turn into yellow bars for a split second- a blink.
"Did you come here through the portals?"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Ehksidian - 12-10-2015

(12-10-2015, 03:45 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(12-10-2015, 02:41 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: "Yeah, I managed to pick up a few shirts, shorts, and even a dress for any job interviews I need...though I'm not one to really wear them. I like my hoodie," Wurg said. She continued walking, and arrived at the station. "Anyways, Gregor and I are gonna head down to the surface. You gonna come down as well?"

"I was going to, yeah. I don't have any business up here."

"Mmk, well...the shuttle is about to leave. We should get on it fast," Wurg said, before taking off to get into the shuttle. She moved fast, faster than one would expect for a Jakkai running on only two legs. She quickly jumped into a chair, and waited.

(12-10-2015, 03:41 PM)Ehksidian Wrote:
(12-10-2015, 03:45 AM)Umbra Wrote: "I was going to, yeah. I don't have any business up here."

"Mmk, well...the shuttle is about to leave. We should get on it fast," Wurg said, before taking off to get into the shuttle. She moved fast, faster than one would expect for a Jakkai running on only two legs. She quickly jumped into a chair, and waited.

Umbra boards the shuttle as well, waiting for Gregor to board.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Comito - 12-10-2015

(12-10-2015, 03:50 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(12-10-2015, 03:41 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: "Mmk, well...the shuttle is about to leave. We should get on it fast," Wurg said, before taking off to get into the shuttle. She moved fast, faster than one would expect for a Jakkai running on only two legs. She quickly jumped into a chair, and waited.

Umbra boards the shuttle as well, waiting for Gregor to board.

Gregor was once again surprised by Wurg's speed. He hurried along after her, carrying his heavy bag of clothes with little difficulty as he took a seat beside her and Umbra. "That was a good shopping trip. I'll have to remember that store."

(12-10-2015, 04:14 PM)Comito Wrote:
(12-10-2015, 03:50 PM)Umbra Wrote: Umbra boards the shuttle as well, waiting for Gregor to board.

Gregor was once again surprised by Wurg's speed. He hurried along after her, carrying his heavy bag of clothes with little difficulty as he took a seat beside her and Umbra. "That was a good shopping trip. I'll have to remember that store."

"Yeah, it was. Cheap, and clothes that actually fit." The shuttle took off towards the planet below.

(12-10-2015, 04:25 PM)Ehksidian Wrote:
(12-10-2015, 04:14 PM)Comito Wrote: Gregor was once again surprised by Wurg's speed. He hurried along after her, carrying his heavy bag of clothes with little difficulty as he took a seat beside her and Umbra. "That was a good shopping trip. I'll have to remember that store."

"Yeah, it was. Cheap, and clothes that actually fit." The shuttle took off towards the planet below.

"Yeah, it's a nice store. I'll have to go there next time I run out of clothes."

(12-10-2015, 04:45 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(12-10-2015, 04:25 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: "Yeah, it was. Cheap, and clothes that actually fit." The shuttle took off towards the planet below.

"Yeah, it's a nice store. I'll have to go there next time I run out of clothes."

Gregor looked out of the window as the shuttle took off, and watched the station quickly move away Nexus 17 drew nearer and nearer. "I'm still amazed by how fast these shuttles operate. From the Eden to anywhere on the planet in 10 minutes... Who do we have to thank for such a speedy ride?"

(12-10-2015, 05:01 PM)Comito Wrote:
(12-10-2015, 04:45 PM)Umbra Wrote: "Yeah, it's a nice store. I'll have to go there next time I run out of clothes."

Gregor looked out of the window as the shuttle took off, and watched the station quickly move away Nexus 17 drew nearer and nearer. "I'm still amazed by how fast these shuttles operate. From the Eden to anywhere on the planet in 10 minutes... Who do we have to thank for such a speedy ride?"

"Probably the Glitch. They tend to be really good engineers and architects."

(12-10-2015, 05:17 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(12-10-2015, 05:01 PM)Comito Wrote: Gregor looked out of the window as the shuttle took off, and watched the station quickly move away Nexus 17 drew nearer and nearer. "I'm still amazed by how fast these shuttles operate. From the Eden to anywhere on the planet in 10 minutes... Who do we have to thank for such a speedy ride?"

"Probably the Glitch. They tend to be really good engineers and architects."

"The... Glitch? Don't think I have ever heard of them. What are they?" The shuttle began to vibrate slightly as it entered the planet's upper atmosphere, and the windows glowed orange with its entry. (If they don't enter the atmosphere like that, feel free to correct me)

(12-10-2015, 06:40 PM)Comito Wrote:
(12-10-2015, 05:17 PM)Umbra Wrote: "Probably the Glitch. They tend to be really good engineers and architects."

"The... Glitch? Don't think I have ever heard of them. What are they?" The shuttle began to vibrate slightly as it entered the planet's upper atmosphere, and the windows glowed orange with its entry. (If they don't enter the atmosphere like that, feel free to correct me)

"They're sentient robots. Hard not to recognize one. They showed up around the time the portals came up, and they've kind of upgraded-slash-evolved since then. They've also developed a lot of technologies we have. It's like they're programmed to create."

(12-10-2015, 02:58 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(12-10-2015, 05:22 AM)Surge Wrote: Well I suppose technically speaking all of my systems are completely nominal, but beyond that I'm supposed to be on vacation here, a very alien place full of very alien creatures, it's...a bit much...

The android nods in understanding.
"I remember when I was the same way. I thought the world was strange. Perhaps you will get used to it as well."
The eyes on its visor turn into yellow bars for a split second- a blink.
"Did you come here through the portals?"
A portal I suppose, the uh, friend, who brought me here makes his own.

(12-10-2015, 06:52 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(12-10-2015, 06:40 PM)Comito Wrote: "The... Glitch? Don't think I have ever heard of them. What are they?" The shuttle began to vibrate slightly as it entered the planet's upper atmosphere, and the windows glowed orange with its entry. (If they don't enter the atmosphere like that, feel free to correct me)

"They're sentient robots. Hard not to recognize one. They showed up around the time the portals came up, and they've kind of upgraded-slash-evolved since then. They've also developed a lot of technologies we have. It's like they're programmed to create."

"...So, they're basically the androids that were around before? I mean, we had shuttles for a while, mostly for inter-station travel to get to farther sides. That usually took no time at all. First trips to the planet took some time, though..." The shuttle slowed, and touched upon the ground. "...Anyways, looks like it's time to get off."

(12-10-2015, 08:32 PM)Surge Wrote: A portal I suppose, the uh, friend, who brought me here makes his own.

"Interesting. Do you know where he is now?"

(12-10-2015, 08:56 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(12-10-2015, 08:32 PM)Surge Wrote: A portal I suppose, the uh, friend, who brought me here makes his own.

"Interesting. Do you know where he is now?"
I rarely do, he always has some grand adventure or experiment planned that he won't tell anyone about and I'm left to make sure nothing breaks from sheer neglect.