Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 12-10-2015

(12-10-2015, 08:34 PM)Ehksidian Wrote:
(12-10-2015, 06:52 PM)Umbra Wrote: "They're sentient robots. Hard not to recognize one. They showed up around the time the portals came up, and they've kind of upgraded-slash-evolved since then. They've also developed a lot of technologies we have. It's like they're programmed to create."

"...So, they're basically the androids that were around before? I mean, we had shuttles for a while, mostly for inter-station travel to get to farther sides. That usually took no time at all. First trips to the planet took some time, though..." The shuttle slowed, and touched upon the ground. "...Anyways, looks like it's time to get off."

"Well, kind of. They came from a different world in medieval attire, claiming to be escaping from the rest of their kind. Said they were outcasts from some sort of hivemind." Umbra gets up in preparation to leave.

(12-10-2015, 08:58 PM)Surge Wrote: I rarely do, he always has some grand adventure or experiment planned that he won't tell anyone about and I'm left to make sure nothing breaks from sheer neglect.

"If he left you here alone, that doesn't seem like something a friend would do."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 12-10-2015

(12-10-2015, 09:00 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(12-10-2015, 08:34 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: "...So, they're basically the androids that were around before? I mean, we had shuttles for a while, mostly for inter-station travel to get to farther sides. That usually took no time at all. First trips to the planet took some time, though..." The shuttle slowed, and touched upon the ground. "...Anyways, looks like it's time to get off."

"Well, kind of. They came from a different world in medieval attire, claiming to be escaping from the rest of their kind. Said they were outcasts from some sort of hivemind." Umbra gets up in preparation to leave.

(12-10-2015, 08:58 PM)Surge Wrote: I rarely do, he always has some grand adventure or experiment planned that he won't tell anyone about and I'm left to make sure nothing breaks from sheer neglect.

"If he left you here alone, that doesn't seem like something a friend would do."
It's complicated, very complicated. In a way I owe him my life, but otherwise it's less that he's uncaring or something and more that he tends to be very...eccentric.

(12-10-2015, 09:07 PM)Surge Wrote: It's complicated, very complicated. In a way I owe him my life, but otherwise it's less that he's uncaring or something and more that he tends to be very...eccentric.

"Hm. I assume you do not know why he stuck you here, then."

(12-10-2015, 09:10 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(12-10-2015, 09:07 PM)Surge Wrote: It's complicated, very complicated. In a way I owe him my life, but otherwise it's less that he's uncaring or something and more that he tends to be very...eccentric.

"Hm. I assume you do not know why he stuck you here, then."
I kinda do, my programming isn't what it used to be and he thinks that me not getting out for...however long I was there, isn't a good thing. I can't fault him for not wanting me to just be isolated all the time.

(12-10-2015, 09:15 PM)Surge Wrote: I kinda do, my programming isn't what it used to be and he thinks that me not getting out for...however long I was there, isn't a good thing. I can't fault him for not wanting me to just be isolated all the time.

"Perhaps it was for the better, then." He shuffles a little with a mechanical whir. "You seem like a good, uh... Robot, I suppose. Glitch obviously does not fit you. You clearly are not designed like we are."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Comito - 12-10-2015

(12-10-2015, 09:00 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(12-10-2015, 08:34 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: "...So, they're basically the androids that were around before? I mean, we had shuttles for a while, mostly for inter-station travel to get to farther sides. That usually took no time at all. First trips to the planet took some time, though..." The shuttle slowed, and touched upon the ground. "...Anyways, looks like it's time to get off."

Gregor unbuckled and held his bag securely as he got up. "I knew there were lots of robots, but I didn't think any of them were part of an actual race. Guess you learn something new every day."

(12-10-2015, 09:21 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(12-10-2015, 09:15 PM)Surge Wrote: I kinda do, my programming isn't what it used to be and he thinks that me not getting out for...however long I was there, isn't a good thing. I can't fault him for not wanting me to just be isolated all the time.

"Perhaps it was for the better, then." He shuffles a little with a mechanical whir. "You seem like a good, uh... Robot, I suppose. Glitch obviously does not fit you. You clearly are not designed like we are."
It's complicated like I said, I didn't design this body, but it was designed by a version of me from an alternate universe? Alternate universes complicate things quickly... Either way though it's quite functional and familiar, reminds me of better times...

(12-10-2015, 09:25 PM)Comito Wrote: Gregor unbuckled and held his bag securely as he got up. "I knew there were lots of robots, but I didn't think any of them were part of an actual race. Guess you learn something new every day."

"Yeah, they're definitely a race. They have thoughts of their own, personalities and everything. Only difference between them and Humans is the fact they're mechanical beings. As well as, you know... Other things."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Joeythomas - 12-10-2015

(12-10-2015, 01:30 PM)Corosar Wrote:
(12-10-2015, 11:16 AM)Joeythomas Wrote: *facepalm*
"I did forget, I'm sorry about that."
*it takes the chit out of the terminal and puts it on the counter*

She smiled and nodded carefully taking her chit back. She looked understanding as she waved to the clerk.

"hey its okay. sometimes things just slip the mind. Have a safe day alright!"

She headed out carrying the clothes with her out.

"that was rather nice!~"
*the shopkeep waves*
*he looks up from the Comunicator slightly suprised*
"That was quick, what did you get?"

(12-10-2015, 09:26 PM)Surge Wrote: It's complicated like I said, I didn't design this body, but it was designed by a version of me from an alternate universe? Alternate universes complicate things quickly... Either way though it's quite functional and familiar, reminds me of better times...

"Interesting. Are you okay with me referring to you as a person? I would rather not call you a robot, as it seems like you have your own thoughts."

(12-10-2015, 09:30 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(12-10-2015, 09:26 PM)Surge Wrote: It's complicated like I said, I didn't design this body, but it was designed by a version of me from an alternate universe? Alternate universes complicate things quickly... Either way though it's quite functional and familiar, reminds me of better times...

"Interesting. Are you okay with me referring to you as a person? I would rather not call you a robot, as it seems like you have your own thoughts."
I technically am a person, or at least based on one...regardless of whether or not we're really the same person he died a long time ago and I didn't.

(12-10-2015, 09:34 PM)Surge Wrote:
(12-10-2015, 09:30 PM)Umbra Wrote: "Interesting. Are you okay with me referring to you as a person? I would rather not call you a robot, as it seems like you have your own thoughts."
I technically am a person, or at least based on one...regardless of whether or not we're really the same person he died a long time ago and I didn't.

"Person it is, then. Anyway, you seem nice enough." He pulls back a sleeve to check a watch strapped on his wrist.
"Oh, my break is almost over. I should start heading back..." The Glitch stands up again.
"Sorry for bothering you. What was your name?" The screen on his face adopts a questioning lighted gaze.
// oh shit I just realized I still have to come up with a name for this guy
// uhhhh

(12-10-2015, 09:45 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(12-10-2015, 09:34 PM)Surge Wrote: I technically am a person, or at least based on one...regardless of whether or not we're really the same person he died a long time ago and I didn't.

"Person it is, then. Anyway, you seem nice enough." He pulls back a sleeve to check a watch strapped on his wrist.
"Oh, my break is almost over. I should start heading back..." The Glitch stands up again.
"Sorry for bothering you. What was your name?" The screen on his face adopts a questioning lighted gaze.
// uhhhh
I'm called Surge.

(12-10-2015, 09:48 PM)Surge Wrote:
(12-10-2015, 09:45 PM)Umbra Wrote: "Person it is, then. Anyway, you seem nice enough." He pulls back a sleeve to check a watch strapped on his wrist.
// uhhhh
I'm called Surge.

// aaaaa hang on
// I'm having a name crisis
// I need to think of something that isn't Wiregrip

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Shaadaris - 12-10-2015

(12-10-2015, 09:51 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(12-10-2015, 09:48 PM)Surge Wrote: I'm called Surge.

// aaaaa hang on

((REGGY!))

(12-10-2015, 09:57 PM)Shaadaris Wrote:
(12-10-2015, 09:51 PM)Umbra Wrote: // aaaaa hang on

((REGGY!))

// what?
// no!

// aaaaa I can't think of anything
// but I don't wanna stick with Wiregrip
// it's such a weird name

(12-10-2015, 10:01 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(12-10-2015, 09:57 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: ((REGGY!))

// what?
// no!

// aaaaa I can't think of anything
// but I don't wanna stick with Wiregrip
// it's such a weird name
(no rush)

// okay I figured out a name now

"I see. Feel free to drop by Engineering. Tell the receptionist Syntax invited you." Syntax heads back down the hall.

(12-10-2015, 10:40 PM)Umbra Wrote: // okay I figured out a name now

"I see. Feel free to drop by Engineering. Tell the receptionist Syntax invited you." Syntax heads back down the hall.
Maybe I will *Surge waves goodbye and leans back, feeling much more relaxed now*

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Corosar - 12-10-2015

(12-10-2015, 09:28 PM)Joeythomas Wrote:
(12-10-2015, 01:30 PM)Corosar Wrote: She smiled and nodded carefully taking her chit back. She looked understanding as she waved to the clerk.

"hey its okay. sometimes things just slip the mind. Have a safe day alright!"

She headed out carrying the clothes with her out.

"that was rather nice!~"
*the shopkeep waves*
*he looks up from the Comunicator slightly suprised*
"That was quick, what did you get?"

She burst into laughter and smiled before peering into the bag she got of her stuff.

"I got myself a nice robe... cloak... shawl thingy... with some nice golden and red fabric colouration... on a black material... its rather nice. Then a got a ear ornament... with a bunch of blank pieces... i wanna do something with it!~"

She began to grin happily as she walked.

"I plan to wear it more than this broken down harness! besides.. its nice and actually kinda lovely!"