Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Penguin - 11-02-2015

(11-02-2015, 10:14 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote: *he is inside his own store, you'd have to enter the door to peruse him*

On that note, he would head in.

"It's a store. I have no money. I guess i'm only here to browse" he would say as he entered.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 11-02-2015

(plus I can't really force people to let me be a little bit OP. )

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Ehksidian - 11-02-2015

(11-02-2015, 10:12 PM)Surge Wrote: (so wurg is still in her previous state but with a lot of her abilities lost to her...not sure I could do that with Surge as Ylden is established to be capable of restoring himself to a base minimum functionality even after losing nearly everything)

((Actually, Wurg is...well, physically entirely different. More similar to how Ehks was before he ended up becoming one with Wurg, bar the fact that 1. Female, 2. Orange eyes, and 3. Synthetic from the waist down. She's no longer an Ateros, and now Ehks is an AI in her brain.))

(11-02-2015, 10:18 PM)Ehksidian Wrote:
(11-02-2015, 10:12 PM)Surge Wrote: (so wurg is still in her previous state but with a lot of her abilities lost to her...not sure I could do that with Surge as Ylden is established to be capable of restoring himself to a base minimum functionality even after losing nearly everything)

((Actually, Wurg is...well, physically entirely different. More similar to how Ehks was before he ended up becoming one with Wurg, bar the fact that 1. Female, 2. Orange eyes, and 3. Synthetic from the waist down. She's no longer an Ateros, and now Ehks is an AI in her brain.))
(that's an "it's complicated if I ever saw one" so I'll just get back to the drawing board of indecision then)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - AustinLB90 - 11-02-2015

(11-02-2015, 10:16 PM)Penguin Wrote:
(11-02-2015, 10:14 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote: *he is inside his own store, you'd have to enter the door to peruse him*

On that note, he would head in.

"It's a store. I have no money. I guess i'm only here to browse" he would say as he entered.

hey *a charizard yells* we open tomorrow, i don't have any stock yet.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 11-02-2015

// well, part of it is Wurg is half organic now.
// I also nerfed Umbra by limiting him to basic spells, barring an exception of a max level illusion spell from Skyrim.
// I'll explain what else I nerfed eventually.

(11-02-2015, 10:20 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote:
(11-02-2015, 10:16 PM)Penguin Wrote: On that note, he would head in.

hey *a charizard yells* we open tomorrow, i don't have any stock yet.

He'd sigh.

"Yeah.. whatever. Can I at least still look around?"

(11-02-2015, 10:24 PM)Penguin Wrote:
(11-02-2015, 10:20 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote: hey *a charizard yells* we open tomorrow, i don't have any stock yet.

He'd sigh.

i don't see why not, do whatever, uh did you ever say your name yesterday. wait no uh nevermind.

(11-02-2015, 10:16 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: "Uh...no, nothing interesting. I still feel kinda funny, but I guess that might be because... I don't know, probably my cybernetics being a tad out-of-whack, which is why I have the appointment." She gestured at everything from the chest down. "I mean, if it wasn't for that fact, I'd probably be wearing pants. But I don't have anything down there that...uh...needs hiding, so to speak. Why wear something uncomfortable then?" Wurg stuck her hands into the pockets on her hoodie.

"Still, though, it'd just...odd. All of it. The dream you, my AI,a bunch of other people, and I had, how you have memories from six differnet perspectives...my memories and my AI's memories blend into one...it's just odd, y'know? All of it. How could a dream end up like that...?" She let out a dejected sigh. "Whatever. What do you have to do up there anyways? A job? What do you do for a living?"

"I'm a member of the guard. I stopped a break-in this morning and have to file the report, but... For some reason, my communicator's not connecting to the database, so I have to go up and put it in manually." He grumbles. "To be honest, I don't like the Eden... Too cramped for my liking. I like having fresh air and open space, not oxygen supplies and corridors."

(god so many choices so little time.

I could just reset Surge and keep using him but that's a tangled web of retcons and plot holes I'd rather not weave.

I could use an alternate version of him but none of them have a built-in reason or means to be present.

I could bring back an old character I never did anything with like Rhaun but one of those characters would be harder to work with and they too lack a good reason or means to be present.

I could make a totally new character but that would be a challenge and I'm not confident that I'd be able to make anything happen with a new character.)

(11-02-2015, 10:34 PM)Surge Wrote: (god so many choices so little time.

I could just reset Surge and keep using him but that's a tangled web of retcons and plot holes I'd rather not weave.

I could use an alternate version of him but none of them have a built-in reason or means to be present.

I could bring back an old character I never did anything with like Rhaun but one of those characters would be harder to work with and they too lack a good reason or means to be present.

I could make a totally new character but that would be a challenge and I'm not confident that I'd be able to make anything happen with a new character.)

// yeesh.
// I'd help if I could, but... I'm not sure how I would.

(11-02-2015, 10:29 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(11-02-2015, 10:16 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: "Uh...no, nothing interesting. I still feel kinda funny, but I guess that might be because... I don't know, probably my cybernetics being a tad out-of-whack, which is why I have the appointment." She gestured at everything from the chest down. "I mean, if it wasn't for that fact, I'd probably be wearing pants. But I don't have anything down there that...uh...needs hiding, so to speak. Why wear something uncomfortable then?" Wurg stuck her hands into the pockets on her hoodie.

"Still, though, it'd just...odd. All of it. The dream you, my AI,a bunch of other people, and I had, how you have memories from six differnet perspectives...my memories and my AI's memories blend into one...it's just odd, y'know? All of it. How could a dream end up like that...?" She let out a dejected sigh. "Whatever. What do you have to do up there anyways? A job? What do you do for a living?"

"I'm a member of the guard. I stopped a break-in this morning and have to file the report, but... For some reason, my communicator's not connecting to the database, so I have to go up and put it in manually." He grumbles. "To be honest, I don't like the Eden... Too cramped for my liking. I like having fresh air and open space, not oxygen supplies and corridors."

"Hm. I didn't take you much for the guard type...eh. I don't know what to think of Eden. My memory is a bit...fuzzy. I don't even remember if I have or haven't been there before. Probably have, given my...uh...body. Whatever, I'll probably be contacted by whoever work for about missing a day of work, probably. Or I'm not employed since...well, losing most of your body takes time to recover from, and I know I haven't recovered yet. It still feels off."

She walked into the Shuttle Port, just as the shuttle she needed to get on landed. "Well, there it is. I assume you're boarding it, too? Better get there quick."

Before Umbra could even respond, Wurg had taken off at full tilt (On all fours, of course) to the shuttle. It was amazing how quickly the distance was covered, too. She stood in the shuttle, and waited for it to take off. Or for Umbra to get in. Whichever happened first.

(11-02-2015, 10:26 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote:
(11-02-2015, 10:24 PM)Penguin Wrote: He'd sigh.

i don't see why not, do whatever, uh did you ever say your name yesterday. wait no uh nevermind.

"I don't have one and a drunk bird called me Kevin. I like the name Kevin. Call me Kevin."

He seems a tad bit weary, might have not got a lot of sleep the previous night.

(11-02-2015, 10:39 PM)Penguin Wrote:
(11-02-2015, 10:26 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote: i don't see why not, do whatever, uh did you ever say your name yesterday. wait no uh nevermind.

"I don't have one and a drunk bird called me Kevin. I like the name Kevin. Call me Kevin."

you seem a bit tired kevin, were you sleeping in a bush or something? eh anyways come to my shop tomorrow if you need groceries, i'm opening up a grocery store

(11-02-2015, 10:42 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote:
(11-02-2015, 10:39 PM)Penguin Wrote: "I don't have one and a drunk bird called me Kevin. I like the name Kevin. Call me Kevin."

you seem a bit tired kevin, were you sleeping in a bush or something? eh anyways come to my shop tomorrow if you need groceries, i'm opening up a grocery store

"A.. Thing..? Thing. A thing gave me enough money for a night at the local Inn. Though sleeping is uh.. strange to me, for.. whatever reason."

(11-02-2015, 10:37 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: "Hm. I didn't take you much for the guard type...eh. I don't know what to think of Eden. My memory is a bit...fuzzy. I don't even remember if I have or haven't been there before. Probably have, given my...uh...body. Whatever, I'll probably be contacted by whoever work for about missing a day of work, probably. Or I'm not employed since...well, losing most of your body takes time to recover from, and I know I haven't recovered yet. It still feels off."

She walked into the Shuttle Port, just as the shuttle she needed to get on landed. "Well, there it is. I assume you're boarding it, too? Better get there quick."

Before Umbra could even respond, Wurg had taken off at full tilt (On all fours, of course) to the shuttle. It was amazing how quickly the distance was covered, too. She stood in the shuttle, and waited for it to take off. Or for Umbra to get in. Whichever happened first.

Umbra follows her in. "You're certainly in a hurry, aren't you?" Others start to shuffle in. "Yeah, most people say that about me. I don't mind, though; there's no shame in being nice. There isn't really a standard uniform, either... Well, for me, at least. All I need is a badge." If Wurg were to look, she'd notice he doesn't particularly look armed, either.

(11-02-2015, 10:45 PM)Penguin Wrote:
(11-02-2015, 10:42 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote: you seem a bit tired kevin, were you sleeping in a bush or something? eh anyways come to my shop tomorrow if you need groceries, i'm opening up a grocery store

"A.. Thing..? Thing. A thing gave me enough money for a night at the local Inn. Though sleeping is uh.. strange to me, for.. whatever reason."
I'm not gonna ask, and i think you might wanna figure out what this thing is.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Joeythomas - 11-02-2015

(11-02-2015, 10:14 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote: *Austin takes a break and sits down* Maybe i should try what my memory says *Austin begins to focus on charizards and the species and after 10 mins he is one*Th-th-this was not what i was expecting

(11-02-2015, 10:13 PM)Joeythomas Wrote: *A figure steps out of the woods wearing a dark and shady trench coat, and begins peruse him*
another person from the re acuring dream? This can't be just a  coincidence...

*he is inside his own store, you'd have to enter the door to peruse him*

* he opens the door and quietly steps in, pulling out some silver Coinage from his coats pockets*
Hello? Anyone here?

(11-02-2015, 10:49 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote:
(11-02-2015, 10:45 PM)Penguin Wrote: "A.. Thing..? Thing. A thing gave me enough money for a night at the local Inn. Though sleeping is uh.. strange to me, for.. whatever reason."
I'm not gonna ask, and i think you might wanna figure out what this thing is.

"T..the thing we were talking to yesterday, you know? Don't think I ever caught a name. Nor any names really."

He'd look around.

(11-02-2015, 10:49 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(11-02-2015, 10:37 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: "Hm. I didn't take you much for the guard type...eh. I don't know what to think of Eden. My memory is a bit...fuzzy. I don't even remember if I have or haven't been there before. Probably have, given my...uh...body. Whatever, I'll probably be contacted by whoever work for about missing a day of work, probably. Or I'm not employed since...well, losing most of your body takes time to recover from, and I know I haven't recovered yet. It still feels off."

Umbra follows her in. "You're certainly in a hurry, aren't you?" Others start to shuffle in. "Yeah, most people say that about me. I don't mind, though; there's no shame in being nice. There isn't really a standard uniform, either... Well, for me, at least. All I need is a badge." If Wurg were to look, she'd notice he doesn't particularly look armed, either.

"Don't wanna miss the shuttle, after all. And...well, what if something happened and you needed to prove you're a guard? Do you have your badge right now? I mean, it's not like you have a weapon..."
She leaned back on her tail, and lifted herself up. There were a few, very faint, mechanical whirs emanating from her tail as she did so. Obviously it was just as mechanical as the rest of her lower body.