Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Joeythomas - 12-16-2015

(12-16-2015, 01:53 AM)Corosar Wrote:
(12-16-2015, 12:59 AM)Umbra Wrote: The guards carry them off to the station.

"Uh... Sorry about the noise... They don't exactly make silencers for sound cannons..."
The blackness of his rings and eyes might start to unnerve her... They weren't like that before, after all.

"Go ahead. We'll only need to collect a few ourselves."
"W.... what is with your rings... why do they remind me of the abyss..... what is with the dark aura your giving off... and are you gonna be okay?"

(12-16-2015, 01:33 AM)Joeythomas Wrote: *the dart is filled with a bright red fluid and is labeled Dractylpromazine*

She looked over the dart carefully tilting her head lightly.

"dractylpromazine... hmmm i am not sure if i heard that before or not..."

She pulled out a medical tablet she carried that held her list of chemicals and medicines and typed it into the search. While it searched its local database she looked to rythian and began to examine him.

"you okay?"
*the search comes up empty on the chemical*
//wasn't he taken to the police center?

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Corosar - 12-16-2015

(12-16-2015, 02:19 AM)Joeythomas Wrote:
(12-16-2015, 01:53 AM)Corosar Wrote: "W.... what is with your rings... why do they remind me of the abyss..... what is with the dark aura your giving off... and are you gonna be okay?"

She looked over the dart carefully tilting her head lightly.

"dractylpromazine... hmmm i am not sure if i heard that before or not..."

She pulled out a medical tablet she carried that held her list of chemicals and medicines and typed it into the search. While it searched its local database she looked to rythian and began to examine him.

"you okay?"
*the search comes up empty on the chemical*

She sighed softly as she slowly got up and followed the police. She was gonna go and check their database seeing as its not a medicine in standard avali listings.

"hmm well then..."

// yea... though as a doctor... she would want to make sure everyone is okay.

(12-16-2015, 02:45 AM)Corosar Wrote:
(12-16-2015, 02:19 AM)Joeythomas Wrote: *the search comes up empty on the chemical*

She sighed softly as she slowly got up and followed the police. She was gonna go and check their database seeing as its not a medicine in standard avali listings.

"hmm well then..."

*the handcuffed avali looks back and shoots a glare at coro*
*he looks suddenly tiered and drags his feet across the ground*

(12-16-2015, 03:15 AM)Joeythomas Wrote:
(12-16-2015, 02:45 AM)Corosar Wrote: She sighed softly as she slowly got up and followed the police. She was gonna go and check their database seeing as its not a medicine in standard avali listings.

"hmm well then..."

*the handcuffed avali looks back and shoots a glare at coro*

She slowly walked up to the avali looking to them lightly looking over the markings.

"may i ask... why are you so hostile to a fellow avali? so what if my markings are different.."

(12-16-2015, 03:23 AM)Corosar Wrote:
(12-16-2015, 03:15 AM)Joeythomas Wrote: *the handcuffed avali looks back and shoots a glare at coro*

She slowly walked up to the avali looking to them lightly looking over the markings.

"may i ask... why are you so hostile to a fellow avali? so what if my markings are different.."
"That's not the point, when a plan is thwarted... And you caused it to go south"
*he begins to him a tune*

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 12-16-2015

(12-16-2015, 01:53 AM)Corosar Wrote: "W.... what is with your rings... why do they remind me of the abyss..... what is with the dark aura your giving off... and are you gonna be okay?"

"What?... Oh, right, I forgot to... Uh, hang on."
He turns a corner and then comes back with normal coloration.
"Sorry, uh... That's how I'm supposed to look when I'm like this, but they're not the friendliest-looking colors, so..."

(12-16-2015, 03:49 AM)Joeythomas Wrote: "That's not the point, when a plan is thwarted... And you caused it to go south"

"Actually, I showed up because of the dozen civilians that called the emergency hotline."

(12-16-2015, 03:49 AM)Joeythomas Wrote:
(12-16-2015, 03:23 AM)Corosar Wrote: She slowly walked up to the avali looking to them lightly looking over the markings.

"That's not the point, when a plan is thwarted... And you caused it to go south"
"not really no... it would have ended up the same in the end.... just you would have done something different... from my point of view.. i didn't do anything to help nor hinder your progress.."

She began to listen to the tune wondering lightly what it meant.
(12-16-2015, 05:50 AM)Umbra Wrote:

"What?... Oh, right, I forgot to... Uh, hang on."
He turns a corner and then comes back with normal coloration.
"Sorry, uh... That's how I'm supposed to look when I'm like this, but they're not the friendliest-looking colors, so..."

(12-16-2015, 03:49 AM)Joeythomas Wrote: "That's not the point, when a plan is thwarted... And you caused it to go south"

"Actually, I showed up because of the dozen civilians that called the emergency hotline."

"well honestly... i am just more courious.. you may think it does not look friendly... but what i have seen... its pretty light... but that is not really the point.. at least you look less threatening at least."

(12-16-2015, 06:24 AM)Corosar Wrote: "well honestly... i am just more courious.. you may think it does not look friendly... but what i have seen... its pretty light... but that is not really the point.. at least you look less threatening at least."

"Well, most other people get disturbed by it... I'm not a fan of how it looks, either. It just gives me a headache for some reason..."

// you've been awfully quiet, Surge...

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 12-16-2015

(12-16-2015, 03:47 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(12-16-2015, 06:24 AM)Corosar Wrote: "well honestly... i am just more courious.. you may think it does not look friendly... but what i have seen... its pretty light... but that is not really the point.. at least you look less threatening at least."

"Well, most other people get disturbed by it... I'm not a fan of how it looks, either. It just gives me a headache for some reason..."

(I'll be honest I forget which of us should have taken the initiative)

(12-16-2015, 03:47 PM)Umbra Wrote:

"I have heard that the natural mind has a hard time comprehending pure black... as though it literally disorients them... it could be that."

She smiled softly as she walked with the group.

"mind if i search this up with the database you have... obviously my medical data is out of date... badly.."

(12-16-2015, 07:10 PM)Surge Wrote: (I'll be honest I forget which of us should have taken the initiative)

// it stopped after I stated Syntax was working on power armor across the room iirc

(12-16-2015, 07:26 PM)Corosar Wrote: "I have heard that the natural mind has a hard time comprehending pure black... as though it literally disorients them... it could be that."

"mind if i search this up with the database you have... obviously my medical data is out of date... badly.."

"Well, I'm anything but natural... And it's less of a strain and more of... I dunno... Memory, I guess. It's like it reminds me of something I don't know..."

"Uh, sure, you can use it. Just... Stay in the medical section. There's confidential files on there, but you seem trustworthy enough..."

*Surge approaches syntax*
I honestly didn't expect to find anyone building combat gear down here.

(I should get going on that adventure plan I had)

(12-16-2015, 08:07 PM)Surge Wrote: *Surge approaches syntax*

"Oh, hello, Surge. I am repairing this, actually. There are improvements that could be made that are long overdue, however."

(12-16-2015, 08:15 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(12-16-2015, 08:07 PM)Surge Wrote: *Surge approaches syntax*

"Oh, hello, Surge. I am repairing this, actually. There are improvements that could be made that are long overdue, however."
There always are, how does the control system work? Movement prediction or a direct link?

(12-16-2015, 08:20 PM)Surge Wrote:
(12-16-2015, 08:15 PM)Umbra Wrote: "Oh, hello, Surge. I am repairing this, actually. There are improvements that could be made that are long overdue, however."
There always are, how does the control system work? Movement prediction or a direct link?

"It mostly serves as protection, but yes, there is a movement prediction mechanic that assists motion. Direct link was an early concept, but was discouraged due to the cost of putting a jack into every guard, not to mention that some were against having their bodies augmented if they had a choice. There is also a hard light shield integrated into one arm as well; which arm it is is decided by the wearer."

(12-16-2015, 08:24 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(12-16-2015, 08:20 PM)Surge Wrote: There always are, how does the control system work? Movement prediction or a direct link?

"It mostly serves as protection, but yes, there is a movement prediction mechanic that assists motion. Direct link was an early concept, but was discouraged due to the cost of putting a jack into every guard, not to mention that some were against having their bodies augmented if they had a choice. There is also a hard light shield integrated into one arm as well; which arm it is is decided by the wearer."
Huh, never seen a hard-light system.

(12-16-2015, 08:26 PM)Surge Wrote: Huh, never seen a hard-light system.

"It was brought in from one of the connected worlds. It supposedly bends reality in an extremely minor way to create a durable, yet still breakable, substance. The Guards use emitters to create protective riot shields, and hard light weapons exist such as swords. Projectiles are sadly unachievable, but that is probably for the best. Guns with infinite ammunition would likely lead to many problems."

(12-16-2015, 09:04 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(12-16-2015, 08:26 PM)Surge Wrote: Huh, never seen a hard-light system.

"It was brought in from one of the connected worlds. It supposedly bends reality in an extremely minor way to create a durable, yet still breakable, substance. The Guards use emitters to create protective riot shields, and hard light weapons exist such as swords. Projectiles are sadly unachievable, but that is probably for the best. Guns with infinite ammunition would likely lead to many problems."
Interesting...I'm sure there are a bunch of other fascinating things in there I've never seen before.

(12-16-2015, 08:05 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(12-16-2015, 07:10 PM)Surge Wrote: (I'll be honest I forget which of us should have taken the initiative)

// it stopped after I stated Syntax was working on power armor across the room iirc

(12-16-2015, 07:26 PM)Corosar Wrote: "I have heard that the natural mind has a hard time comprehending pure black... as though it literally disorients them... it could be that."

"Well, I'm anything but natural... And it's less of a strain and more of... I dunno... Memory, I guess. It's like it reminds me of something I don't know..."

"Uh, sure, you can use it. Just... Stay in the medical section. There's confidential files on there, but you seem trustworthy enough..."

"yea... i highly doubt your natural... i am as natural as any avali... which is why our friend kinda... offended me a bit there.."

She sighed and drooped her ears a bit.

"I don't plan to perform espionage.. i just want to know what they tried to use on either our friend here.. or us... and if there is a counter measure."

(12-16-2015, 09:14 PM)Surge Wrote: Interesting...I'm sure there are a bunch of other fascinating things in there I've never seen before.

"Unfortunately, that is unlikely. The only other features of interest are kinetic dampeners and built-in night vision. I have begun designing prototypes that have a new design and slightly more festures., though, so this will not be standard issue forever."