Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 12-16-2015

(12-16-2015, 09:18 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(12-16-2015, 09:14 PM)Surge Wrote: Interesting...I'm sure there are a bunch of other fascinating things in there I've never seen before.

"Unfortunately, that is unlikely. The only other features of interest are kinetic dampeners and built-in night vision. I have begun designing prototypes that have a new design and slightly more festures., though, so this will not be standard issue forever."

only built-in night vision? it doesn't have a full optics suite?

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 12-16-2015

(12-16-2015, 09:15 PM)Corosar Wrote: "yea... i highly doubt your natural... i am as natural as any avali... which is why our friend kinda... offended me a bit there.."

She sighed and drooped her ears a bit.

"I don't plan to perform espionage.. i just want to know what they tried to use on either our friend here.. or us... and if there is a counter measure."

"I wouldn't worry about what they said. Those Avali are definitely a bad bunch if they think mugging is perfectly legal outside their star system."

(12-16-2015, 09:20 PM)Surge Wrote: only built-in night vision? it doesn't have a full optics suite?

// edited that and added Kinetic Dampeners, btw
"The Guards are rarely outside the settlements and the station. Thermal vision did not seem useful at first, but I am incorporating that into the new design along with an aim assist system. I am also planning on making it airtight with a respiratory system and air filter. The biggest challenge is fitting all the features in while retaining the new design's shape."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Corosar - 12-16-2015

(12-16-2015, 09:22 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(12-16-2015, 09:15 PM)Corosar Wrote: "yea... i highly doubt your natural... i am as natural as any avali... which is why our friend kinda... offended me a bit there.."

"I don't plan to perform espionage.. i just want to know what they tried to use on either our friend here.. or us... and if there is a counter measure."

"I wouldn't worry about what they said. Those Avali are definitely a bad bunch if they think mugging is perfectly legal outside their star system."

(12-16-2015, 09:20 PM)Surge Wrote: only built-in night vision? it doesn't have a full optics suite?

"The Guards are rarely outside the settlements and the station. Thermal vision did not seem useful at first, but I am incorporating that into the new design along with an aim assist system. I am also planning on making it airtight with a respiratory system and air filter. The biggest challenge is fitting all the features in while retaining the new design's shape."

"still kinda makes me worry... they seem.. almost speciest... which is worrying to me... anyone not normal... is deemed wrong from what i saw..."

She sighed softly.

"i really hope this does not mean something... too bad in the future..."

(12-16-2015, 09:22 PM)Umbra Wrote:

Er, well, airtight isn't much of a problem if the whole thing is one or two pieces, I've seen pretty small respirator systems too, but surely targeting can be worked into the existing computer?

(12-16-2015, 09:35 PM)Corosar Wrote: "still kinda makes me worry... they seem.. almost speciest... which is worrying to me... anyone not normal... is deemed wrong from what i saw..."

She sighed softly.

"Don't worry too much- they're probably just paranoid xenophobes. They're not too huge a threat. Even if they are, we've got them under control. I'm not the only 'special' guard, after all. Not even the strongest one, either... That'd be the Sergeant."

(12-16-2015, 09:36 PM)Surge Wrote: Er, well, airtight isn't much of a problem if the whole thing is one or two pieces, I've seen pretty small respirator systems too, but surely targeting can be worked into the existing computer?

"There is not much of a computer, unfortunately. While technology has advanced very well, the power armor design has not received an upgrade apart from the messily implemented shields. The new design will have enough memory and the like to handle the targeting program being coded by one of my colleagues."

(12-16-2015, 09:42 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(12-16-2015, 09:35 PM)Corosar Wrote: "still kinda makes me worry... they seem.. almost speciest... which is worrying to me... anyone not normal... is deemed wrong from what i saw..."

She sighed softly.

"Don't worry too much- they're probably just paranoid xenophobes. They're not too huge a threat. Even if they are, we've got them under control. I'm not the only 'special' guard, after all. Not even the strongest one, either... That'd be the Sergeant."

(12-16-2015, 09:36 PM)Surge Wrote: Er, well, airtight isn't much of a problem if the whole thing is one or two pieces, I've seen pretty small respirator systems too, but surely targeting can be worked into the existing computer?

"There is not much of a computer, unfortunately. While technology has advanced very well, the power armor design has not received an upgrade apart from the messily implemented shields. The new design will have enough memory and the like to handle the targeting program being coded by one of my colleagues."

"that is definately good to hear at least.... last thing i need is to wake up somewhere... or be killed in my sleep ..."

She slowly drooped and sighed muttering to herself.

"again...."

(12-16-2015, 10:21 PM)Corosar Wrote: "that is definately good to hear at least.... last thing i need is to wake up somewhere... or be killed in my sleep ..."

"again...."

"If it'll make you feel safer, feel free to stay in the station for the night. I'd offer my house, but I don't have a spare bed..."
His ears perk up a little.
"...Wait, again?"

(12-16-2015, 09:42 PM)Umbra Wrote:

She sighed softly.

I guess I'm just used to working a lot with heavily automated systems

(12-16-2015, 10:23 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(12-16-2015, 10:21 PM)Corosar Wrote: "that is definately good to hear at least.... last thing i need is to wake up somewhere... or be killed in my sleep ..."

"again...."

"If it'll make you feel safer, feel free to stay in the station for the night. I'd offer my house, but I don't have a spare bed..."
"...Wait, again?"

" i do have to update my drug and medicine database... if allowed to... but yea.. i will spend the night there for now... till i get a place to my own.."

She blinked lightly and slightly drooped her ears more.

"its... .a... along story..."

(12-16-2015, 10:48 PM)Corosar Wrote:
(12-16-2015, 10:23 PM)Umbra Wrote: "If it'll make you feel safer, feel free to stay in the station for the night. I'd offer my house, but I don't have a spare bed..."
"...Wait, again?"

" i do have to update my drug and medicine database... if allowed to... but yea.. i will spend the night there for now... till i get a place to my own.."

"Well, okay, then..."

(12-16-2015, 10:51 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(12-16-2015, 10:48 PM)Corosar Wrote: " i do have to update my drug and medicine database... if allowed to... but yea.. i will spend the night there for now... till i get a place to my own.."

"Well, okay, then..."

She looked down and sighed softly as she continued to walk with him feeling embarrassed that he heard what she said.

(12-16-2015, 10:45 PM)Surge Wrote: I guess I'm just used to working a lot with heavily automated systems

"So you are an engineer as well?"

(12-16-2015, 11:01 PM)Corosar Wrote: She looked down and sighed softly as she continued to walk with him feeling embarrassed that he heard what she said.

"...Uh, sorry if I... Said something..."

(12-16-2015, 11:03 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(12-16-2015, 10:45 PM)Surge Wrote: I guess I'm just used to working a lot with heavily automated systems

(12-16-2015, 11:01 PM)Corosar Wrote: She looked down and sighed softly as she continued to walk with him feeling embarrassed that he heard what she said.

the old me was I suppose, in recent years I've functioned more as the automation for those systems than an actual engineer.

(12-16-2015, 11:04 PM)Surge Wrote: the old me was I suppose, in recent years I've functioned more as the automation for those systems than an actual engineer.

"But you questioned the absence of a full optics system... I think you are not giving yourself enough credit."

(12-16-2015, 11:18 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(12-16-2015, 11:04 PM)Surge Wrote: the old me was I suppose, in recent years I've functioned more as the automation for those systems than an actual engineer.

"But you questioned the absence of a full optics system... I think you are not giving yourself enough credit."
Well like I said the old me did plenty of engineering work, one of his, or I suppose my, pet projects was a personal suit of power armor. It had a lot of various bells and whistles because it was a custom one-off so I guess I really don't know much about mass production scaled armor.

(12-16-2015, 11:03 PM)Umbra Wrote:

"no... no you didn't say anything wrong at all... its just.. .something i said got caught when i didn't realize it would have been heard... its.. suppose to be something secret about me honestly.."

She twisted her face a bit before sighing and stretching.

"well at least i hope we find out everything that is needed to from our friend... i rather make sure there is no hostile factions here!"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 12-17-2015

(12-16-2015, 11:21 PM)Surge Wrote: Well like I said the old me did plenty of engineering work, one of his, or I suppose my, pet projects was a personal suit of power armor. It had a lot of various bells and whistles because it was a custom one-off so I guess I really don't know much about mass production scaled armor.

// argh, I keep hitting Times New Roman instead of Courier New...
"Interesting. Well, I think you still might be able to help me with this new design."

(12-16-2015, 11:39 PM)Corosar Wrote: "no... no you didn't say anything wrong at all... its just.. .something i said got caught when i didn't realize it would have been heard... its.. suppose to be something secret about me honestly.."

"well at least i hope we find out everything that is needed to from our friend... i rather make sure there is no hostile factions here!"

"Yeah, we're aiming for that, too..."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Corosar - 12-17-2015

(12-17-2015, 12:29 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(12-16-2015, 11:21 PM)Surge Wrote: Well like I said the old me did plenty of engineering work, one of his, or I suppose my, pet projects was a personal suit of power armor. It had a lot of various bells and whistles because it was a custom one-off so I guess I really don't know much about mass production scaled armor.

"Interesting. Well, I think you still might be able to help me with this new design."

(12-16-2015, 11:39 PM)Corosar Wrote: "no... no you didn't say anything wrong at all... its just.. .something i said got caught when i didn't realize it would have been heard... its.. suppose to be something secret about me honestly.."

She nodded and smiled.

"well i would love to help out if i can.... i want to have a place i feel safe... and if i have to fight for it... i will!"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 12-17-2015

(12-17-2015, 12:29 AM)Umbra Wrote:

Sure! I needed something to work on anyways, been bugging me just kinda being idle these past few weeks.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 12-17-2015

(12-17-2015, 12:35 AM)Corosar Wrote: She nodded and smiled.

"well i would love to help out if i can.... i want to have a place i feel safe... and if i have to fight for it... i will!"

"Sounds good... You're a medic, so I guess you're already helping out."

(12-17-2015, 12:37 AM)Surge Wrote: Sure! I needed something to work on anyways, been bugging me just kinda being idle these past few weeks.

"Great! I look forward to having your help on this."