Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 12-17-2015

(12-17-2015, 12:49 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(12-17-2015, 12:35 AM)Corosar Wrote: She nodded and smiled.

"well i would love to help out if i can.... i want to have a place i feel safe... and if i have to fight for it... i will!"

"Sounds good... You're a medic, so I guess you're already helping out."

(12-17-2015, 12:37 AM)Surge Wrote: Sure! I needed something to work on anyways, been bugging me just kinda being idle these past few weeks.

"Great! I look forward to having your help on this."
So where do I start?

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Corosar - 12-17-2015

(12-17-2015, 12:49 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(12-17-2015, 12:35 AM)Corosar Wrote: She nodded and smiled.

"well i would love to help out if i can.... i want to have a place i feel safe... and if i have to fight for it... i will!"

"Sounds good... You're a medic, so I guess you're already helping out."

(12-17-2015, 12:37 AM)Surge Wrote: Sure! I needed something to work on anyways, been bugging me just kinda being idle these past few weeks.

"Great! I look forward to having your help on this."

"its my job to make sure everyone lives through whatever they go through. Its something i rather do .. because i know i am not very strong.. i am happy to help wherever i am needed!"

She smiled as she began to look over her medical supplies.

"i ... will have to buy some more supplies though..."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 12-17-2015

(12-17-2015, 12:59 AM)Surge Wrote: So where do I start?

"Well, you mentioned that you have seen small respirators, so it would be great if you could help incorporate that into the design. Let me find my blueprints..."
Syntax lunges over to a computer and starts searching for the schematic file.

(12-17-2015, 01:04 AM)Corosar Wrote: "its my job to make sure everyone lives through whatever they go through. Its something i rather do .. because i know i am not very strong.. i am happy to help wherever i am needed!"

"There's a hospital in town. If you showed them your license, I'm sure they'd help you out."

(12-17-2015, 02:06 AM)Umbra Wrote:

"Well, you mentioned that you have seen small respirators, so it would be great if you could help incorporate that into the design. Let me find my blueprints..."

(12-17-2015, 01:04 AM)Corosar Wrote: "its my job to make sure everyone lives through whatever they go through. Its something i rather do .. because i know i am not very strong.. i am happy to help wherever i am needed!"

"There's a hospital in town. If you showed them your license, I'm sure they'd help you out."

"I planned that ... after this stuff is dealt with"

She held the dart in her paw having placed a peice of rubber over the tip.

"i am worried about what this stuff is.."

(12-17-2015, 02:06 AM)Umbra Wrote:

Well...much of my technical data is either inherently incomplete or corrupted but I will see if I can piece together a distributed system.

(12-17-2015, 02:22 AM)Corosar Wrote: "I planned that ... after this stuff is dealt with"

"Let's get you in the database, then. It's this way."
Umbra turns into a corridor.

As in he turns and starts walking down one.

(12-17-2015, 02:22 AM)Surge Wrote: Well...much of my technical data is either inherently incomplete or corrupted but I will see if I can piece together a distributed system.

"I am sure you can figure it out. Now, where did I... Ah! Here it is."
He opens up a file and a 3D schematic- hologram, of course- showing a suit of power armor with a smoothed-down look compared to the bulky thing on the work bench.
"Oh, right. You expressed interest in hardlight systems earlier. Would you like a demonstration?"

(12-17-2015, 02:32 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(12-17-2015, 02:22 AM)Corosar Wrote: "I planned that ... after this stuff is dealt with"

She nodded lightly and quickly followed close behind.

"again i have to thank you for allowing me to look this up. I just hope there is nothing too horrible in this thing..."

(12-17-2015, 02:32 AM)Umbra Wrote:

(12-17-2015, 02:22 AM)Surge Wrote: Well...much of my technical data is either inherently incomplete or corrupted but I will see if I can piece together a distributed system.

"I am sure you can figure it out. Now, where did I... Ah! Here it is."
He opens up a file and a 3D schematic- hologram, of course- showing a suit of power armor with a smoothed-down look compared to the bulky thing on the work bench.
"Oh, right. You expressed interest in hardlight systems earlier. Would you like a demonstration?"
Of course! I always enjoy seeing new and alien technologies.

(12-17-2015, 02:37 AM)Corosar Wrote: She nodded lightly and quickly followed close behind.

"again i have to thank you for allowing me to look this up. I just hope there is nothing too horrible in this thing..."

Umbra opens a nearby door.
"In here. I'll log in for you."

(12-17-2015, 02:40 AM)Surge Wrote: Of course! I always enjoy seeing new and alien technologies.

Syntax lunges back to the outdated armor, takes off the left gauntlet, and slides it on. It's a little big on him.
There's a strange emitter that clearly isn't naturally part of the design welded onto the forearm.
An LED near it glows green as a hexagonally-tiled, translucent shield forms an inch or so above the emitter.
"Take a hammer off the tool rack."

(12-17-2015, 03:58 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(12-17-2015, 02:37 AM)Corosar Wrote: She nodded lightly and quickly followed close behind.

(12-17-2015, 02:40 AM)Surge Wrote: Of course! I always enjoy seeing new and alien technologies.

Syntax lunges back to the outdated armor, takes off the left gauntlet, and slides it on. It's a little big on him.
There's a strange emitter that clearly isn't naturally part of the design welded onto the forearm.
An LED near it glows green as a hexagonally-tiled, translucent shield forms an inch or so above the emitter.
*Surge grabs a hammer by the head and holds the handle out to syntax*

(12-17-2015, 07:14 PM)Surge Wrote: *Surge grabs a hammer by the head and holds the handle out to syntax*

He takes it with a nod.
"Thank you. Now, a strange property of the substance is that, while most materials can only take up to a certain amount of force, this cannot take amounts down from an amount. For example, if you were to fire a fully automatic firearm at this shield, it would not take much damage. However, if I hit it with this hammer..."
Syntax strikes the shield hardly twice and the whole thing cracks.
"...It takes much more damage."
He whacks it twice more and it shatters, then dissipates. The emitter turns off, and the green LED turns off as a red one turns on.
"After that, it requires time to gather enough power to reform the shield."
Syntax affixes the arm back onto the rest of the armor.
// so, basically, force fields. More specifically, the ones in Overwatch, as they have 'health' that cannot regenerate while in use.

(12-17-2015, 08:37 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(12-17-2015, 07:14 PM)Surge Wrote: *Surge grabs a hammer by the head and holds the handle out to syntax*

He takes it with a nod.
"Thank you. Now, a strange property of the substance is that, while most materials can only take up to a certain amount of force, this cannot take amounts down from an amount. For example, if you were to fire a fully automatic firearm at this shield, it would not take much damage. However, if I hit it with this hammer..."
Syntax strikes the shield hardly twice and the whole thing cracks.
"...It takes much more damage."
He whacks it twice more and it shatters, then dissipates. The emitter turns off, and the green LED turns off as a red one turns on.
"After that, it requires time to gather enough power to reform the shield."
Syntax affixes the arm back onto the rest of the armor.
// so, basically, force fields. More specifically, the ones in Overwatch, as they have 'health' that cannot regenerate while in use.
Would this make hollow point or self discarding rounds more effective due to increased impact surface area? Hmmmm hollow points would impact with less force and any collission by self discarding fragments would be coincidental so I guess I answered my own question.

(12-17-2015, 03:58 PM)Umbra Wrote:

She nodded softly and smiling a bit as she waited for him to do what he needed.

"thank you very much for allowing me access. I promise to avoid anything that looks secretive."

(12-17-2015, 08:42 PM)Surge Wrote: Would this make hollow point or self discarding rounds more effective due to increased impact surface area? Hmmmm hollow points would impact with less force and any collission by self discarding fragments would be coincidental so I guess I answered my own question.

"Indeed. We have been trying to improve on the emitter design to make a shield without such a flaw, as hollow points are more often used during assaults. The shield durability is at least high. Perhaps my demonstration would not have been the best, as I have the strength of motors and the like as opposed to muscle."

(12-17-2015, 08:47 PM)Corosar Wrote: She nodded softly and smiling a bit as she waited for him to do what he needed.

"thank you very much for allowing me access. I promise to avoid anything that looks secretive."

"All right. I'll take your word on that."
It's just a room with computers. Umbra sits down at one and logs in.
"There you go. You should be able to figure out this chemical with this."

(12-17-2015, 08:50 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(12-17-2015, 08:42 PM)Surge Wrote: Would this make hollow point or self discarding rounds more effective due to increased impact surface area? Hmmmm hollow points would impact with less force and any collission by self discarding fragments would be coincidental so I guess I answered my own question.

"Indeed. We have been trying to improve on the emitter design to make a shield without such a flaw, as hollow points are more often used during assaults. The shield durability is at least high. Perhaps my demonstration would not have been the best, as I have the strength of motors and the like as opposed to muscle."

(12-17-2015, 08:47 PM)Corosar Wrote: She nodded softly and smiling a bit as she waited for him to do what he needed.

Wouldn't a directed explosive such as a talon or shockwave round also be highly effective? Though I doubt such exotic munitions are a common problem for you.

(12-17-2015, 08:50 PM)Umbra Wrote:

"thank you very much"

She carefully moved her tail so she would not sit down on her tail after umbra gets up placing the dart next to her and quickly typing into the computer the name of the chemical that was on the dart.

"lets see now what Dractylpromazine really is..."

(12-17-2015, 08:57 PM)Surge Wrote: Wouldn't a directed explosive such as a talon or shockwave round also be highly effective? Though I doubt such exotic munitions are a common problem for you.

"No, those are not even uncommon. We do not have to worry much about such weaponry."

(12-17-2015, 09:06 PM)Corosar Wrote: "thank you very much"

She carefully moved her tail so she would not sit down on her tail after umbra gets up placing the dart next to her and quickly typing into the computer the name of the chemical that was on the dart.

Umbra walks out the door and waits outside.
There's... A suspicious folder in the corner titled:
'Subject 46 Notes'
// only Joey knows what this stuff does, so I can't answer on it...

(12-17-2015, 09:32 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(12-17-2015, 08:57 PM)Surge Wrote: Wouldn't a directed explosive such as a talon or shockwave round also be highly effective? Though I doubt such exotic munitions are a common problem for you.

"No, those are not even uncommon. We do not have to worry much about such weaponry."

(12-17-2015, 09:06 PM)Corosar Wrote: "thank you very much"

Umbra walks out the door and waits outside.
There's... A suspicious folder in the corner titled:
'Subject 46 Notes'
// only Joey knows what this stuff does, so I can't answer on it...
Not uncommon as in rare or not uncommon as in common?

(12-17-2015, 10:02 PM)Surge Wrote: Not uncommon as in rare or not uncommon as in common?

"Rare. The shields do not normally face explosives as they are not used as tools of war."

(12-17-2015, 10:08 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(12-17-2015, 10:02 PM)Surge Wrote: Not uncommon as in rare or not uncommon as in common?

"Rare. The shields do not normally face explosives as they are not used as tools of war."
Fair enough, most of my experience is with military grade technology designed for battlefields and such.