Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 12-17-2015

(12-17-2015, 10:10 PM)Surge Wrote: Fair enough, most of my experience is with military grade technology designed for battlefields and such.

"I see. The new shields in development will likely be able to resist such blows, but there is a long road of reverse engineering and re-engineering ahead of us."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 12-17-2015

(12-17-2015, 10:15 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(12-17-2015, 10:10 PM)Surge Wrote: Fair enough, most of my experience is with military grade technology designed for battlefields and such.

"I see. The new shields in development will likely be able to resist such blows, but there is a long road of reverse engineering and re-engineering ahead of us."
Speaking military grade, did you intend to keep any computers in the helmet? A distributed respirator keeps the profile of the system down but will use a larger percentage of internal space.

(12-17-2015, 10:17 PM)Surge Wrote: Speaking military grade, did you intend to keep any computers in the helmet? A distributed respirator keeps the profile of the system down but will use a larger percentage of internal space.

"I have not gotten that far yet. I only recently started developing the design. There will be a computer, of course, but I have not figured out where to store it."

(12-17-2015, 10:20 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(12-17-2015, 10:17 PM)Surge Wrote: Speaking military grade, did you intend to keep any computers in the helmet? A distributed respirator keeps the profile of the system down but will use a larger percentage of internal space.

"I have not gotten that far yet. I only recently started developing the design. There will be a computer, of course, but I have not figured out where to store it."
I stored mine on the back with the power plant but I needed it to remain functional even when separated from the helmet

(12-17-2015, 10:22 PM)Surge Wrote: I stored mine on the back with the power plant but I needed it to remain functional even when separated from the helmet

"Not a bad idea. I should add that into the design."

(12-17-2015, 10:30 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(12-17-2015, 10:22 PM)Surge Wrote: I stored mine on the back with the power plant but I needed it to remain functional even when separated from the helmet

"Not a bad idea. I should add that into the design."
What do you need this for anyways? Surely you don't have the crime rate to justify space marine SWAT teams?

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Joeythomas - 12-17-2015

(12-17-2015, 09:06 PM)Corosar Wrote:
(12-17-2015, 08:50 PM)Umbra Wrote: "Indeed. We have been trying to improve on the emitter design to make a shield without such a flaw, as hollow points are more often used during assaults. The shield durability is at least high. Perhaps my demonstration would not have been the best, as I have the strength of motors and the like as opposed to muscle."

"All right. I'll take your word on that."
It's just a room with computers. Umbra sits down at one and logs in.
"There you go. You should be able to figure out this chemical with this."

"thank you very much"

She carefully moved her tail so she would not sit down on her tail after umbra gets up placing the dart next to her and quickly typing into the computer the name of the chemical that was on the dart.

"lets see now what Dractylpromazine really is..."
*only promazine shows up, and is a extremely powerful sedative,that could put out a large animal for about half a week, the only question that remains is what the Dractyl part is*

(12-17-2015, 10:38 PM)Surge Wrote: What do you need this for anyways? Surely you don't have the crime rate to justify space marine SWAT teams?

"There has been a small increase in crime recently. A week or so ago, the Eden was raided of metal supplies. The armors need an update, after all- they are fossils compared even to the welding torches here."

(12-17-2015, 11:12 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(12-17-2015, 10:38 PM)Surge Wrote: What do you need this for anyways? Surely you don't have the crime rate to justify space marine SWAT teams?

"There has been a small increase in crime recently. A week or so ago, the Eden was raided of metal supplies. The armors need an update, after all- they are fossils compared even to the welding torches here."
Metal supplies? What for? Basic building materials aren't exactly big sellers on the black market, I mean somebody has to do it and they sell in bulk but stealing them is a lot of risk for not a lot of reward.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 12-18-2015

(12-17-2015, 11:18 PM)Surge Wrote: Metal supplies? What for? Basic building materials aren't exactly big sellers on the black market, I mean somebody has to do it and they sell in bulk but stealing them is a lot of risk for not a lot of reward.

"No one knows. They just broke in, stole, and ran."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Corosar - 12-18-2015

(12-17-2015, 09:32 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(12-17-2015, 08:57 PM)Surge Wrote: Wouldn't a directed explosive such as a talon or shockwave round also be highly effective? Though I doubt such exotic munitions are a common problem for you.

"No, those are not even uncommon. We do not have to worry much about such weaponry."

(12-17-2015, 09:06 PM)Corosar Wrote: "thank you very much"

She carefully moved her tail so she would not sit down on her tail after umbra gets up placing the dart next to her and quickly typing into the computer the name of the chemical that was on the dart.

Umbra walks out the door and waits outside.
There's... A suspicious folder in the corner titled:
'Subject 46 Notes'
// only Joey knows what this stuff does, so I can't answer on it...
She eyed the folder a bit couriously wondering about it. She began to tap her paws together and shook her head.

"n... no i can't get too snoopy... its... its not right..."

She decided to set it out of her mind for the time being.
(12-17-2015, 10:39 PM)Joeythomas Wrote:
(12-17-2015, 09:06 PM)Corosar Wrote: "thank you very much"

*only promazine shows up, and is a extremely powerful sedative,that could put out a large animal for about half a week, the only question that remains is what the Dractyl part is*

"hmm... so it looks like they may have developed a special kind of sedative... though why i am not sure... if only i can figure out this Dractyl part..."

She began to try and snoop about around on the computer trying to figure out the Dractyl.... though part of her thought it sounded a bit... stranger...

"hmmm well a dractyl is normally a dragon like creature... maybe its a sedative with the power to knock out even dragons? maybe.. hmmm i will have to ask the prisoner when i get the chance."

She slowly got up and took the dart moving to close down the computer.

(12-18-2015, 12:39 AM)Corosar Wrote: She eyed the folder a bit couriously wondering about it. She began to tap her paws together and shook her head.

"hmm... so it looks like they may have developed a special kind of sedative... though why i am not sure... if only i can figure out this Dractyl part..."

She began to try and snoop about around on the computer trying to figure out the Dractyl.... though part of her thought it sounded a bit... stranger...

"hmmm well a dractyl is normally a dragon like creature... maybe its a sedative with the power to knock out even dragons? maybe.. hmmm i will have to ask the prisoner when i get the chance."

'Subject 46 Notes' is still there. This might be the last chance Coro would ever get to see them...

(12-18-2015, 01:09 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(12-18-2015, 12:39 AM)Corosar Wrote: She eyed the folder a bit couriously wondering about it. She began to tap her paws together and shook her head.

'Subject 46 Notes' is still there. This might be the last chance Coro would ever get to see them...

Her eyes darted to the folder again making her whimper softly. Her couriosity has gotten to her and she slowly began to examine the folder.

"i... i just won't tell anyone... i am good with secrets... normally..."

(12-18-2015, 01:46 AM)Corosar Wrote: Her eyes darted to the folder again making her whimper softly. Her couriosity has gotten to her and she slowly began to examine the folder.

Inside are several text files named by entry number. There's chunks of missing ones- they were probably deleted for some reason.
'Entry 1' might be a good place to start.

(12-18-2015, 01:55 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(12-18-2015, 01:46 AM)Corosar Wrote: Her eyes darted to the folder again making her whimper softly. Her couriosity has gotten to her and she slowly began to examine the folder.

Inside are several text files named by entry number. There's chunks of missing ones- they were probably deleted for some reason.
'Entry 1' might be a good place to start.

She opened up the file called "Entry 1" and began to read it out in her mind.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 12-18-2015

(12-18-2015, 12:07 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(12-17-2015, 11:18 PM)Surge Wrote: Metal supplies? What for? Basic building materials aren't exactly big sellers on the black market, I mean somebody has to do it and they sell in bulk but stealing them is a lot of risk for not a lot of reward.

"No one knows. They just broke in, stole, and ran."
hmmmm, I hope nothing comes of that...

(12-18-2015, 02:01 AM)Corosar Wrote: She opened up the file called "Entry 1" and began to read it out in her mind.

ENTRY 1

We just received word of a ghostlike being that suddenly appeared in one of the apartment rooms. It's on its way into the lab for further studies.
The guards said it fled into a corner when they arrived. They had to convince it to come closer. Sounds like it doesn't want trouble.
They've described the ghost as being pure white and humanoid in shape, with a hole for a face and a black outline that surrounded it from every angle. Should be interesting.

The description of the 'ghost' perfectly describes Umbra's ethereal body.

(12-18-2015, 02:07 AM)Surge Wrote: hmmmm, I hope nothing comes of that...

"So do I."

(12-18-2015, 03:21 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(12-18-2015, 02:01 AM)Corosar Wrote: She opened up the file called "Entry 1" and began to read it out in her mind.

ENTRY 1

We just received word of a ghostlike being that suddenly appeared in one of the apartment rooms. It's on its way into the lab for further studies.
The guards said it fled into a corner when they arrived. They had to convince it to come closer. Sounds like it doesn't want trouble.
They've described the ghost as being pure white and humanoid in shape, with a hole for a face and a black outline that surrounded it from every angle. Should be interesting.

The description of the 'ghost' perfectly describes Umbra's ethereal body.

(12-18-2015, 02:07 AM)Surge Wrote: hmmmm, I hope nothing comes of that...

"So do I."
Where were we?

(12-18-2015, 03:27 AM)Surge Wrote: Where were we?

"Oh, right." Syntax walks back over to the 3D hologram.
"Let me just add the unit on the back to the design..." He brings up a menu and shapes out an area on the back of the armor to hold the computer as previously mentioned.

(12-18-2015, 03:32 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(12-18-2015, 03:27 AM)Surge Wrote: Where were we?

"Oh, right." Syntax walks back over to the 3D hologram.
"Let me just add the unit on the back to the design..." He brings up a menu and shapes out an area on the back of the armor to hold the computer as previously mentioned.
*Surge walks over to get a better look at the model, trying to determine how much has to be changed in the helmet to accommodate a respirator system*